PDA

View Full Version : Why is Sayed Rasel playing?

fishyguy
June 17, 2010, 12:06 AM
This guy literally bowls at the pace of a 12 year old. I mean school teams can smash him all over the place. Him getting back in the team is a step back for BD.

wiseshah
June 17, 2010, 12:14 AM
step back-- what we need to do for step up?

he has better line and length than other bowlers. its the irresponsible ash and co. batsman who is behind big defeat against india, not rasel, dont make him culprit for loss.

BANFAN
June 17, 2010, 12:20 AM
One of the all time most over rated bowler, performed very very occassionally in the past and haven't performed at all in recent times. Now we have much better pacers to go with. I think the trio bowled in our last series against England is way better. Even Mash isn't worth to be in the team.

Gowza
June 17, 2010, 12:24 AM
a few years ago rasel was a good bowler for BD, economical and took wickets, now he more often gets taken for runs and doesn't take wickets. as far as mash goes, i didn't see the last match but before the injury he was by far and away BD's best pacer.

Imteaz
June 17, 2010, 12:42 AM
Any replacement?

Shaan
June 17, 2010, 01:16 AM
Guys whatever you say.. our batting is killing us.. !! so called all the class batsman..domestic..international.. mat kapano..bil kapano..kheth kapano..goli kapano batsman are out there representing our country !!!

fade up with those selectors and batsman !!

al Furqaan
June 17, 2010, 01:22 AM
his first game back any everyone jumps on his case??

his econ rate, 5.00, India's overall innings RR = 5.40. a bowler who bowls under the team average, well under cannot be considered expensive, and thats of primary importance in limited overs matches. take away his expensive first over, 3.75 runs per over. that ain't bad. that ain't bad at all.

rasel will take a bit of time to get in the groove. but he can be a the perfect complement to the penetration of mashrafee and the pace, swing, and accuracy of shafiul.

Gowza
June 17, 2010, 01:33 AM
the rasel of old, mash and shafiul, that could be a very good ODI pace attack.

cricket_king
June 17, 2010, 01:39 AM
^ I agree. Rasel wasn't too bad yesterday. Not as menacing as I had hoped, but nonetheless he didn't do a bad job. The batsmen are the problem. Give the bowlers something to defend. Jesus. :hairpull:

beshideshi
June 17, 2010, 02:01 AM
his first game back any everyone jumps on his case??

his econ rate, 5.00, India's overall innings RR = 5.40. a bowler who bowls under the team average, well under cannot be considered expensive, and thats of primary importance in limited overs matches. take away his expensive first over, 3.75 runs per over. that ain't bad. that ain't bad at all.

rasel will take a bit of time to get in the groove. but he can be a the perfect complement to the penetration of mashrafee and the pace, swing, and accuracy of shafiul.

+1
We should stop looking for escape goats in every game. Rasel was always a containing bowler, and he did his job to some extent. Though I think we should have used Shafi more as were looking for wickets. But no need to put all the blame on the fella who just came back after a 1.5 yr break.

Nadim
June 17, 2010, 03:25 AM
Haire bangli...~Rassel came back in the nt team after nearly 2 yrs.let him give some time to settle. He is still one of our best ODI bowler in OD besdie Mamu...

Do u know why we r not improving? coz of us fan as well as bcb.we suck....we get carried way when a player score 50/100 or takes 5er+.then when they have 1/2 bad games we drop them for the next match or even for the next series( that happened to Rassel FEW occasion).

al-Sagar
June 17, 2010, 03:36 AM
rasel is in the team because rasel is in the squad ..................

magic boy
June 17, 2010, 03:39 AM
Guys whatever you say.. our batting is killing us.. !! so called all the class batsman..domestic..international.. mat kapano..bil kapano..kheth kapano..goli kapano batsman are out there representing our country !!!

fade up with those selectors and batsman !!

exactly!

we wont be able to beat them in WC without handsome batting. we gotta take advantages of their weak bowling

ahnaf
June 17, 2010, 03:50 AM
Haire bangli...~Rassel came back in the nt team after nearly 2 yrs.let him give some time to settle. He is still one of our best ODI bowler in OD besdie Mamu...

Do u know why we r not improving? coz of us fan as well as bcb.we suck....we get carried way when a player score 50/100 or takes 5er+.then when they have 1/2 bad games we drop them for the next match or even for the next series( that happened to Rassel FEW occasion).

akdm thik kotha blcho.. Kal akta match kharap khelche ta dhekei sb hotash hye geche.. Criticise krche teamk.. Na jitle ki hyse pura bochor dhore je valo cricket khele ashteche shb vule geche.. Adr habvab dheke mne hocche bd kalkr moto regularly goto 1 bochor dhore perfrm krche... Shbgula ungratful..selfish... Aijonnoi allah amdr valo kichu dite chay na.... Rasel r career ta valo koira dheko tarpor kotha blio jodi cricket bujho thle oke criticise krar sahosh krar kotha na..

Baundule
June 17, 2010, 05:25 AM
Rasel is a line and length bowler. Not that I like him that much; but unless our speed stars learn to control their line and length, Rasel should be in the team. He is a good partner of Mashrafe.

simon
June 17, 2010, 06:12 AM
I want to see Rasel throughout this series.
The question should be about Shubho,I think Razzaq shld be in for Shubho cause Rzzq is a wicket taker in limited over games.

Tiger444
June 17, 2010, 08:12 AM
In ODIs we need players that have impeccable line and lengths..does rubel and shahadat have that? Not even close which is why they should not be in the ODI team..also who has the best averages as ODI pacers? Yes Rasel and Mash do..who cares if their not that pacy? I really could care less..Rasel did pretty good yesterday and could complement Shafiul and Mash well..yesterday was the first time I finally was satisfied with the pace attack..

simon
June 17, 2010, 08:17 AM
It's also good to be less pacy,makes it hard for the batsman to get 4s 6s.

Ajfar
June 17, 2010, 08:19 AM
I will take Rasel anyday over Rubel and Shahadat in ODI. You guys make it sound like we have a much better replacement warming up the bench.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Equinox
June 17, 2010, 08:29 AM
He tortured Gambhir early on yesterday. He bowled a few poor deliveries but it is his first game back. I too would take him ahead of Rubel any day. The dilemma is Rasel and Shafiul are both new ball bowlers. Who should share it with Mash? Shafiul is the best pacer in the country IMO and Rasel brings the best out of Mash I feel. This needs to be adressed and figured out before this tournament concludes. But without a doubt if we play three pacers it MUST be Mash, Shafiul and Rasel. The fourth (non-playing) pacer is between Rubel and Nazmul. I am talking about the World Cup.

al Furqaan
June 17, 2010, 10:24 AM
I will take Rasel anyday over Rubel and Shahadat in ODI. You guys make it sound like we have a much better replacement warming up the bench.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

exactly, don't forget that in WC 2007 (and most of that calendar year) it was:

rasel >> masri >>>>>>> all other BD pacers

those who don't want rasel in because of his lack of pace: does his average of 30-something show bowlers taking him to the cleaners? is his economy rate better than anyone else we have.

do you guys really want rubel or shahadat or nazmul or dollar serving up half trackers and half vollies by the half dozen every over?

Fahim
June 17, 2010, 08:10 PM
the bowling attack should mash, rasel, shafi, shakib and a mix of riyadh & naeem which gives more spots for more batsmen.

Tigers_eye
June 17, 2010, 10:06 PM
Ash is the most over-rated player in BD. Wait that place was taken by Kapali.

Go Siddons!!

This post is directed to whoever replies negatively of my post. Blabber as much as you can.

Ajfar
June 17, 2010, 10:37 PM
Ash is the most over-rated player in BD. Wait that place was taken by Kapali.

Go Siddons!!

This post is directed to whoever replies negatively of my post. Blabber as much as you can.

ok here I go. apni bangladesh cricket er c o chinen na. ashraful chara bangladesh kisu nah. ashraful amader sobche boro legend. ashraful er naam shunle duniyar shob bowler ra bhoy pai. gavaskar ekbar bolse ashraful er natural game dekhte tendulkar khela thekew shundor. ashraful amader ekmatro asha. ashraful joti na thake thahole khelar ar ki dorkar. ashraful double bounce kore ball korte pare duniyar ar kew aieta korte pare nah.

lamisa
June 18, 2010, 01:03 AM
i am not sure about rasel opening the bowling but he sure is a smart bowler.brain is more important than pace for pace bowling and rasel has brains.our bowling attack(pacers) is better than the indian bowling attack.ar kichu run jodi boarde tulte partam tahoile toh amader bowlerra indian batsmander ijjot khola mathe uray dito!

al-Sagar
June 18, 2010, 01:21 AM
rasel has recently developed a habit of bowling down the leg side. an with keeper up.... it goes for 5 wides.

that makes him look more costly in econ rate.

beshideshi
June 18, 2010, 01:46 AM
i am not sure about rasel opening the bowling but he sure is a smart bowler.brain is more important than pace for pace bowling and rasel has brains.our bowling attack(pacers) is better than the indian bowling attack.ar kichu run jodi boarde tulte partam tahoile toh amader bowlerra indian batsmander ijjot khola mathe uray dito!

Indian bowling attack-Harbhajan < Our bowling attack.
Our batting "attack" + bradman+ Jack hobbs+ Gordon Greenidge= Indian batting line up

lamisa
June 18, 2010, 07:05 AM
Indian bowling attack-Harbhajan < Our bowling attack.
Our batting "attack" + bradman+ Jack hobbs+ Gordon Greenidge= Indian batting line up

etto kharap o na amra

kiriket
June 18, 2010, 10:13 AM

our bowling is worse than any state team of India. U call Mashrafe/Rasel a bowler? see what they do with Srilanka and Pakistan.

Hatekrew
June 18, 2010, 11:16 AM
rasel is by far one of the best swing bowlers we have for our international team. leaving him out of the team was a big mistake. he might not be pacy, but atleast he can hold his line and length. problem is, there is almost no margin for error for him. if he strays just even a wee bit, he can get thrashed.

but the question shouldn't be why rasel is in the team. he's a DECENT BOWLER. he's not wasting that slot. question should be, why is ASHRAFUL in the team. that IS a crucial waste of a batting slot.

Dilscoop
June 18, 2010, 02:57 PM
etto kharap o na amra

really?