PDA

View Full Version : The pain to follow Bangladesh Cricket Team

Alchemist
June 17, 2010, 12:25 AM
The ancient wisdom says "No pain, no gain". However, whoever said that first, forgot to add this extra bit "excluding Bangladesh Cricket Team"!

2010 has been very painful so far. 2001-2004 was painful as well but back then, the tigers were just learning to play 'world class' cricket. In 2010, they are still 'pregnant with possibilities, but having abortion every single time'. This is such a punishment to watch them lose over and over again.

Ya Allah, please give us the strength to survive these tough times (both the cricketers and the fans) and the skill and wisdom to overcome these 'losing habits'. Make us worthy to have ‘team victory’.

Allah, please have mercy on us when we play Sri Lanka tomorrow and Pakistan next.:fanflag:

bujhee kom
June 17, 2010, 12:31 AM
Allah's love and blessings be with the Tigers always!

Go Bangladesh! :flag:
Long Live Bangladesh Cricket! :flag:

Rommel
June 17, 2010, 12:32 AM
While I agree with what you are saying, the reference to abortion is unnecessary and should be removed. Anyways, yeah this has been a rough year, but I still think we'll beat India in Mirpur when February rolls around. And thats the only thing I care about.

Imteaz
June 17, 2010, 12:40 AM
We fans can think like this. Hope our players try it on field rather depending on luck and pray.

Go Bangladesh Go!!!!!!!

bujhee kom
June 17, 2010, 12:45 AM
The pain to watch Bangladesh cricket if not quite like the pain of giving birth, but definitely close to the pain of passing a chunky kidney stone.

cricket_king
June 17, 2010, 01:15 AM
Even God himself can't save this team. I just can't understand how we're still collapsing like this after all these years, let alone losing continuously.

M.H.Rubel
June 17, 2010, 03:16 AM
Definately its painful to watch cricket of Bangladesh team.I have experience of this agony since 1993.Definately its painful to watch cricket of Bangladesh but still i like to feel the pain and try not to miss every single game.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

al-Sagar
June 17, 2010, 03:37 AM
u all know we write the fate of the matches...... when someone open a match thread ....... the match thread opener is responsible for all luck and ... ....

Antora
June 17, 2010, 03:44 AM
I have become immune to this '"pain". It no longer "hurts " :(

Zeeshan
June 17, 2010, 03:51 AM
@Rommel

What was so bad about that abortion comment?

BANFAN
June 17, 2010, 03:53 AM
An A$$ can't really complain of pain ... that we are

Equinox
June 17, 2010, 03:54 AM
@Rommel

I think it should be miscarriage instead of abortion

salin
June 17, 2010, 05:04 AM
Allah's love and blessings be with the Tigers always!

Go Bangladesh! :flag:
Long Live Bangladesh Cricket! :flag:

Allah gave us enough chances to play test cricket. we were never been deserve that.

Baundule
June 17, 2010, 05:18 AM
Well, it depends on how you look at it. Let us consider the recent match http://www.cricinfo.com/asia2010/engine/current/match/455232.html

Mash got 2 wickets just bowling only 5.4 overs. Considering he has returned from the injury, it is a great achievement. At that rate he would have taken 4 wickets bowling 10 overs and at that match rate, he would have been the all time quickest man to break the milestones of 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 1000 wickets. Can you imagine, he would need only 250 matches to get 1000 ODI wickets?

And look at Shakib. He also got 2 wickets; but gave away only 4.9 RPO. Even Vaas failed to do that in the later part of his career.

Look at Tamim. He scored at 183.33%. Even Chris Gayle can not match this.

Look at Ashraful. He faced 37 deliveries, which is an enormous achievement for his standard. You know, a test player has born!

Look at Imrul. He scored at 106%, where 76% of his runs came in boundaries. You immediately know our opening problem in the T20 is solved.

But the best is saved for the last. The little man Mushfiqur Rahim is the powerhouse of the team. He scored a fabulous 30, built the innings perfectly. But it is not what I am excited about. I am excited about his taking a great catch and making a superb stumping. And you negative guys term him as the butter-finger Mushy!

Riyadh also scored in double figures. Now you can see, 7 out of the 11 players achieved great things. It does not really happen everyday!

simon
June 17, 2010, 05:28 AM
^^Circusme right! lol.
it's a circus team.

simon
June 17, 2010, 05:33 AM
to get less pain try to have 0 expectation(which isn't possible so try to have as less as u can).
Try to hv a very negative feeling abt every match etc.

BTW,honestly the positives abt yesterday's match was Imrul's bttng consistency in ODI with a 100+ SR
& Mushy's contributions at n°4 & offcourse MAsh's impressive return.

Baundule
June 17, 2010, 05:37 AM
simon, the funny thing is, if we are looking for positives of individuals, we will always find some. :D

But when it comes to the 'team', it is a crime for a test-playing team's opener to get out after getting settled and scoring 30+.

Ajfar
June 17, 2010, 08:39 AM
The real pain is yet to come. I really hope we dont get thrashed by Ireland/Netherland
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Rommel
June 17, 2010, 10:47 AM
@Rommel

I don't see how the pain of losing a damn cricket match has any comparison to the pain for all parties involved in an abortion situation.

Nafi
June 17, 2010, 11:15 AM
While I agree with what you are saying, the reference to abortion is unnecessary and should be removed.

You took it way out of context, even still chillax, woah have those pro-life christian conservatives in Georgia infested your mind, that the very word abortion equates to bloody murder. (I joke)

Nafi
June 17, 2010, 11:21 AM
I don't see how the pain of losing a damn cricket match has any comparison to the pain for all parties involved in an abortion situation.

Yet many people use hyperboles just as when people say burned, pillaged, destroyed.

For example my company got massacred in the stock markets today

''I don't see how the pain of losing some damn 10 cents in stock has any comparison to the pain for all parties involved in an massacre situation.''

Now can you see why that doesn't make sense. Be reasonable and not so quick to jump on people's throats.

Purbasha T
June 17, 2010, 12:34 PM
Even God himself can't save this team. I just can't understand how we're still collapsing like this after all these years, let alone losing continuously.

God surely can save this team. But God wouldn't help people who don't help themselves. Our players are too relaxed. coz c'monn, freakishly poor performance in one or two matches? I can pardon that, but every match??? It's pathetic.

simon
June 17, 2010, 01:17 PM
The real pain is yet to come. I really hope we dont get thrashed by Ireland/Netherland

khaiserey,dilento dushchinta baraye!:shh:
but it's so right.
I think it's time for all our nightmares to come true.
innings defeat followed by 167 all out.......hope for the best.

Tiger-ess
June 17, 2010, 03:51 PM
The real pain is yet to come for me...! you see me and my excited self already bought tickets for the ODIs againt England at Trent Bridge and Edgbaston. In both occasions i'll be travelling from London. Trent bridge is a day-nighter match but birmingham!! my god Im gonna have to wake up at like 5am if i want to get there on time.......then that loooooooong journey my god.......and ofcourse we can all foresee what will go down once Im there....:(:( God help me!!!!:(

Dilscoop
June 17, 2010, 04:21 PM
All that stuff they say we are not ready for test, we are not ready for this, no 1 mentioned how JS is not ready to be a main coach...it's been 4 years....

BangladeshFan
June 17, 2010, 05:19 PM
I think you guys need to be happy with whatever bd have done. we have over hyped a very mediocre team. with all the problems surrounding bangladesh, they have punched above their weight i think. but now the reality is exposed, bd is simply not good enough. afganistan and zimbo will over take us very soon. blaming ashraful wont help, if bd had that much talent they would replace him anyway.

firstlane
June 17, 2010, 05:28 PM
The real pain is yet to come for me...! you see me and my excited self already bought tickets for the ODIs againt England at Trent Bridge and Edgbaston. In both occasions i'll be travelling from London. Trent bridge is a day-nighter match but birmingham!! my god Im gonna have to wake up at like 5am if i want to get there on time.......then that loooooooong journey my god.......and ofcourse we can all foresee what will go down once Im there....:(:( God help me!!!!:(

May god be with you sister.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Alchemist
June 17, 2010, 07:05 PM
While I agree with what you are saying, the reference to abortion is unnecessary and should be removed. Anyways, yeah this has been a rough year, but I still think we'll beat India in Mirpur when February rolls around. And thats the only thing I care about.

Rommel Bro

My intention was not to hurt anyones feeling. We already received enough pain from the Tigers.

This is just an analogy that came into my mind while I was writing, a bit gross analogy i guess. However, I just wanted to explain how painful it is to watch when someone is capable of doing something great, but just have a loser attitude and ends up losing.

@ Purbasha T, very well said. +1

lamisa
June 18, 2010, 01:19 AM
I think you guys need to be happy with whatever bd have done. we have over hyped a very mediocre team. with all the problems surrounding bangladesh, they have punched above their weight i think. but now the reality is exposed, bd is simply not good enough. afganistan and zimbo will over take us very soon. blaming ashraful wont help, if bd had that much talent they would replace him anyway.

bhai ar bhoy dekhayen na toh!:(

Imteaz
June 18, 2010, 02:23 AM

Right but u really think so or just got emotional beacuse we are losing?

dolcevita
June 18, 2010, 10:10 AM
The pain to follow Ashrafool

simon
June 18, 2010, 11:19 AM
well I kept my promise,didn't post at all in the match thread,wil do same for the next match unless we put up a good fight vs PAk.

Raynman
June 21, 2010, 11:39 AM
I AM CURED.

Checked the scores periodically with a wry smile on my face. It didn't phase me one bit. Didn't bother to watch or check the scores while I was driving to work. Didn't connect to BC or CI on my phone during meetings.. I just didn't care.

Until something changes (most likely Siddons' departure) I'm only taking interest in WC ODI and WC T20 matches.

Bhel Puri
June 21, 2010, 12:14 PM
When will this pain and suffering of following this team end? I feel Bangla should play ZIM more often to really gauge how bad the situation is.

Bring in Wasim Akram as coach please! Ash needs to get kicked into the Bay of Bengal.

simon
June 21, 2010, 12:31 PM
if we can't fixe our bowling(fast bowing specialy)than be prepared for more pain.

lamisa
June 22, 2010, 05:49 AM
our board should burn in hell!

Rommel
June 22, 2010, 11:05 PM
Ehhh, I guess I got carried away with the whole abortion thing. My bad.

Zeeshan
June 22, 2010, 11:31 PM
Ehhh, I guess I got carried away with the whole abortion thing. My bad.

Next time give your gf some contraceptives....

Ajfar
June 22, 2010, 11:54 PM
talking from experience gopal da?

deshifan
June 22, 2010, 11:59 PM
abar jigay :callme:
talking from experience gopal da?

BANFAN
June 28, 2010, 02:57 AM
Well, it depends on how you look at it. Let us consider the recent match http://www.cricinfo.com/asia2010/engine/current/match/455232.html

Mash got 2 wickets just bowling only 5.4 overs. Considering he has returned from the injury, it is a great achievement. At that rate he would have taken 4 wickets bowling 10 overs and at that match rate, he would have been the all time quickest man to break the milestones of 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 1000 wickets. Can you imagine, he would need only 250 matches to get 1000 ODI wickets?

And look at Shakib. He also got 2 wickets; but gave away only 4.9 RPO. Even Vaas failed to do that in the later part of his career.

Look at Tamim. He scored at 183.33%. Even Chris Gayle can not match this.

Look at Ashraful. He faced 37 deliveries, which is an enormous achievement for his standard. You know, a test player has born!

Look at Imrul. He scored at 106%, where 76% of his runs came in boundaries. You immediately know our opening problem in the T20 is solved.

But the best is saved for the last. The little man Mushfiqur Rahim is the powerhouse of the team. He scored a fabulous 30, built the innings perfectly. But it is not what I am excited about. I am excited about his taking a great catch and making a superb stumping. And you negative guys term him as the butter-finger Mushy!

Riyadh also scored in double figures. Now you can see, 7 out of the 11 players achieved great things. It does not really happen everyday!

B+ive ??

It could have been a thread by itself.

Posiives from Asia Cup / The Pleasure of Being a BD Fan

:)

stuge
June 29, 2010, 03:26 AM
, but I still think we'll beat India in Mirpur when February rolls around. And thats the only thing I care about.

I will come back to you after that match :D

zainab
June 30, 2010, 05:52 AM
I think since Sakib had that confrontation with Lotus, the fighting spirit(exception Tamim) has evaporated from this team. They look clueless, nervous and disoriented. i dont expect much from them, but I do feel their pain and humiliation.
I am angry with the team that they were given Test status on a platter and do not care about it. Zim is fighting for it and Ireland is hoping to gain Test status or at least be a full member where they do not have to play in Associates competitions to secure a place in an ICC tournament. If BD had to play in a competition to secure a place, I think that they will play better cricket.
Even if their Test status is suspended, ICC cannot remove them as full members, so for the time being they are safe.
BCB and ICC should work together to give the team more exposure to playing Associates teams, no point playing the big boys and getting thrashed all the time, they are like novices playing the champions.

FagunerAgun
July 4, 2010, 09:11 AM
"No pain, no gain".
For BD, lot of pain for a little bit of gain.

You feel pain because you love BD.
But cricket or any games should not be our dominating part of our life,
If so, then our life will be full of griefs
Specially when BD has less strife and more failures.

But any time, it can be sparked with an inspiration,
Bring some more wins,
And increase our aspiration.

Then again will come back pain and dejection.