PDA

View Full Version : Shakib wants the team to perform as a unit

Murad
June 17, 2010, 01:29 PM
"We played well as individuals but not as a team, that's an area we need to improve on a lot," Shakib told reporters after Bangladesh were bowled out 167 in 34.5 overs in their first Asia Cup match. "We need to climb one step ahead and put team performances together, only then can we win some games. That's the main area we have to concentrate on."

"We are playing against teams better than us and we need to work out every time we go out and play. But it's not been happening for the last six months. We are trying our level best and have been working hard at our game."

Bangladesh's next game is against hosts Sri Lanka on Friday, and Shakib said his team needed to work harder on the disciplines that let them down against India. "Our middle-order batsmen didn't play well and against spin," he said. "Sri Lanka has some very good spinners and we need to discuss at the team meeting and do some assessment so that we can do well in next game."

"Though we lost there are some positives we can take from this game especially the way the top order batsmen started off," Shakib said. "In the first 10 overs we played really well, but it needs to be continued with our middle order batsmen."

Cricinfo (http://www.cricinfo.com/asia2010/content/story/463460.html)

Finally Shakib bujhlo je they are not playing as a team. Ekhon Siddons jodi bujhe ar ki.

Baundule
June 17, 2010, 01:59 PM
So, Shakib is pissed off with Siddons' strategy?

Tiger444
June 17, 2010, 02:13 PM
I really don't care about what shakib says honestly..win some damn games!! These players always talk smooth and showing that they know whats going wrong with the team and then they lose..whats the point of shakib saying this? You think he just realized that the this team is just full of individuals? He and Siddons know it for sure..before they start 2 play like a team I really could care less what he is saying in this article..

crikss
June 17, 2010, 02:16 PM
nothing will happen..BD as a team not possible..

Raynman
June 17, 2010, 02:32 PM
Siddons has already gone on record saying winning is not his objective. If BCB supports that view and doesn't fire him, I guess all the debating is moot really. Thats what we have to live with. Losses and individual performances. Zimbabwe changed its approach to win games after Flowe came on board and they already have multiple victories to boast against IND and WI, a clinical win vs. SL and world cup warm up wins vs. PAK and AUS in T20.

While Tamim can't afford to get his hand operated on because we would be in deeper manure than we are now without him, Niail O'Brian decides to play AUS and then take his surgery as playing us isn't as significant for them. Think about that for a second ... Playing us (an official Test team) is not a big deal for IRELAND.

simon
June 17, 2010, 02:47 PM
stop talking & focus on your batting,specialy against the spin

meazz1
June 17, 2010, 03:09 PM
These boys are playing professional cricket and now Shakib is asking to play as a unit?
101 of playing cricket is to play as an unit.
At this stage, this statement from Shakib seems to me that he can't find anything to say and just made that up.

This is just too funny.

Zunaid
June 17, 2010, 05:41 PM
I wonder if he is casting the first stone at Siddons?

Purbasha T
June 17, 2010, 05:53 PM
Whoo people, where has he said anything that's making you think he's turning against Siddons??

Green Tea
June 17, 2010, 06:38 PM
"http://agridulce.com.mx/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/g-force_movie.png

Shakib wants the team to perform as a unit"

dolcevita
June 17, 2010, 06:52 PM
We are not good enough : last five innings there were collapse that is terrible
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Fahim
June 17, 2010, 08:15 PM
why are some of saying to shakib to 'stop talking'? he HAS to talk! because he is being ASKED questions in a press conference! you expect him to simply answer all of the questions as 'i will let my batting answer all of your questions' lol?

nsd3
June 17, 2010, 09:16 PM
Board is taking new approach in rewarding individual performers only rather than the whole team - saving money??! Players might be thinking they should forget team and show individual worth. Perhaps Shakib's remarks were targeted against the Board.

Murad
June 17, 2010, 09:24 PM
Board is doing the right thing. Before they used to reward everyone including the failed ones. Now only the performers getting the rewards.

Shakib's remarsk are targetted against Siddons and the other players who play for themselves only.

PoorFan
June 17, 2010, 09:52 PM
An idiot says things which he does not follow, Shakib being one of them lately [since last India series at home].

lamisa
June 18, 2010, 12:13 AM
Board is doing the right thing. Before they used to reward everyone including the failed ones. Now only the performers getting the rewards.

Shakib's remarsk are targetted against Siddons and the other players who play for themselves only.

how is the board renumerating now?i don't know about it

Murad
June 18, 2010, 12:31 AM
how is the board renumerating now?i don't know about it

[বাংলা]ইংল্যান্ডে খেলে আসা দুই টেস্টের সিরিজে বাংলাদেশ দলের যা কিছু অর্জন, তার বেশির ভাগটাই তামিমের হাত ধরে। লর্ডস টেস্টে ফিফটি আর সেঞ্চুরি, সেঞ্চুরি ওল্ড ট্রাফোর্ডেও। কাল এই পারফরম্যান্সের পুরস্কারও পেলেন তিনি। প্রতিটি সেঞ্চুরির জন্য ২ লাখ টাকা করে আর একটি ফিফটির জন্য ১ লাখ—বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি) থেকে মোট ৫ লাখ টাকা পুরস্কার পেয়েছেন তামিম। এ ছাড়া জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিক দুই ফিফটির জন্য পেয়েছেন ২ লাখ টাকা, ইমরুল কায়েস এক ফিফটির জন্য এক লাখ টাকা, ৫ উইকেট পাওয়ার জন্য ২ লাখ টাকা করে পেয়েছেন সাকিব আল হাসান ও শাহাদাত হোসেন।

বোর্ডের পক্ষ থেকে বিসিবির সভাপতি আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামাল বিশেষ ব্যবস্থায় তামিম-সাকিবদের এই পুরস্কার দিয়েছেন। ইংল্যান্ড সফরের সফল ক্রিকেটাররা এর বাইরেও পাবেন কিছু পুরস্কার। প্রতিটি সেঞ্চুরি ও ৫ উইকেটের জন্য দেওয়া হবে ১ হাজার পাউন্ড করে, ফিফটির জন্য ৫০০ পাউন্ড। ক্রিকেটারদের এখন আর আগের মতো ঢালাওভাবে পারফরম্যান্স বোনাস দেওয়া না হলেও ব্যক্তিগত পারফরম্যান্সের জন্য পুরস্কার দিচ্ছে বিসিবি। [/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-06-13/news/70620

lamisa
June 18, 2010, 01:06 AM
[বাংলা]ইংল্যান্ডে খেলে আসা দুই টেস্টের সিরিজে বাংলাদেশ দলের যা কিছু অর্জন, তার বেশির ভাগটাই তামিমের হাত ধরে। লর্ডস টেস্টে ফিফটি আর সেঞ্চুরি, সেঞ্চুরি ওল্ড ট্রাফোর্ডেও। কাল এই পারফরম্যান্সের পুরস্কারও পেলেন তিনি। প্রতিটি সেঞ্চুরির জন্য ২ লাখ টাকা করে আর একটি ফিফটির জন্য ১ লাখ—বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি) থেকে মোট ৫ লাখ টাকা পুরস্কার পেয়েছেন তামিম। এ ছাড়া জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিক দুই ফিফটির জন্য পেয়েছেন ২ লাখ টাকা, ইমরুল কায়েস এক ফিফটির জন্য এক লাখ টাকা, ৫ উইকেট পাওয়ার জন্য ২ লাখ টাকা করে পেয়েছেন সাকিব আল হাসান ও শাহাদাত হোসেন।

বোর্ডের পক্ষ থেকে বিসিবির সভাপতি আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামাল বিশেষ ব্যবস্থায় তামিম-সাকিবদের এই পুরস্কার দিয়েছেন। ইংল্যান্ড সফরের সফল ক্রিকেটাররা এর বাইরেও পাবেন কিছু পুরস্কার। প্রতিটি সেঞ্চুরি ও ৫ উইকেটের জন্য দেওয়া হবে ১ হাজার পাউন্ড করে, ফিফটির জন্য ৫০০ পাউন্ড। ক্রিকেটারদের এখন আর আগের মতো ঢালাওভাবে পারফরম্যান্স বোনাস দেওয়া না হলেও ব্যক্তিগত পারফরম্যান্সের জন্য পুরস্কার দিচ্ছে বিসিবি। [/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-06-13/news/70620

thanks murad bhai!

al-Sagar
June 18, 2010, 01:17 AM
kisu lekhar bhasha khuje pacchi na

Imteaz
June 18, 2010, 02:16 AM
Bhasha khuje pachi (Bangla or English) tobe ki likhbo ta bujhte parchi na!!!!!!!!! :D

Zeeshan
June 22, 2010, 05:18 AM
Dear Shakib,

It's about time you grow a pair instead of start parroting out Bangladesh's so-called extraordinary performances and other bulis from His Excellency. In the process not only have you lost your ability to play your natural game but also whatever spine you had left. It's about time you break out of the shackles of being Sid's prison b***. Don't you see how much have you deteriorated since your 100 in New Zealand? What have to lose? You are afraid that you will be dropped if you go against the grain....oh please, so you'd rather sabotage Bangladesh cricket than put the nation's interest first? smh

Sincerely,

Ranter of the Day

p.s. It irks me even more that my family and other 'layperson' who don't visit BC or not involved with the in's and out's of BD cricket starts firing away at the players without even being aware that we are being marionetted by a coach who has enthusiasm like a deflated puffer fish. So just imagine how the mainstream people in BD who don't have time to read every word of Cricinfo articles will think it's the fault of our players when all they are doing is just following instruction.

zainab
June 22, 2010, 05:59 AM
Sakib is one one of the biggest culprits in batting, he slogs like a tailender and throws away his wicket.

unda_bhai
June 22, 2010, 06:00 AM
Sakib is one one of the biggest culprits in batting, he slogs like a tailender and throws away his wicket.

reminds me of rest of the line up

kwik sack the coach !!!