PDA

View Full Version : What the hell was that!!!

Zeeshan
June 18, 2010, 10:26 AM
They lacked any intensity whatsoever and had no interest of winning the game. WTF was that? Who in the hell inculcated this mentality in them "since we are never gon win against these mighty sri lankans might as well practice for posterity." So what's the point of playing the damn game? Ash wasted deliveries like anything. Shakib and Riyad were playing test. I am not sure if Siddons himself gave order to forfeit the match. THIS IS BLOODY PATHETIC. If you don't put up a fight or have fire in your belly you are never gonna win any matches period. Absolutely disgusting.

At one stage they had six wickets in hand and had to make 200 odd runs out of 25 overs which was basically a T20 match yet they took a sluggish approach of playing test match. So big deal it prevented a collapse....at the cost of what? Impalement???

You practice in practice session not at freakin match! They didn't have to go all guns...but instead of just blocking even if they took the initiatve to take singles and rotate strikes it would have showed INTENT. Intention is everything which they lacked.

Hell with them!

dolcevita
June 18, 2010, 10:35 AM
They don t have the ability
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Farhad
June 18, 2010, 10:39 AM
RELAX man. Its a game. If you just spent 6 hours of your time watching that pathetic display, you've got a reason to be a little angry. But we must remember its a game. Nothing more...

Nothing that happens on that field will affect your life in any real way, whether its pulling off the greatest comeback in history, or being wrapped up in 5 overs...

Watch cricket for the entertainment. The second it becomes more than that for you, you need to step back a little bit...

Spitfire_x86
June 18, 2010, 10:39 AM
Story of our cricket since the beginning of time.

Baundule
June 18, 2010, 10:48 AM
Bangladesh is a corrupted country, the board is corrupted, the players do not listen to me. Only players that listened were Tamim and Shakib, although Shakib also turned into a beyadob, Ashraful is the most beyadob of all. I did a great job with the players, Tamim scored 6 centuries, Junaed 8 fifties, Shakib 5 and Rahim 4. But at the end I did not get enough time, I had to wait with the team till Ashraful gets old in 15 years. Btw, I still deserve 30 vacation days, which earns me $20K. The board is not willing to pay this amount. I am going to sue them.

--- Siddons (after the 2011 WC)

I told you not to coach the Bengalees. Remember KKR and Saurav?

--- Buchanan to JS (after JS retains his assistant coach position under Buchanan in the Uganda team)

aklemalp
June 18, 2010, 10:52 AM
so when tamim going to play for india and open with sehwag?

Dilscoop
June 18, 2010, 10:59 AM
I just woke up, I wasn't gonna stay up and watch this BS 3 in the morning.

I see they still picked Ashraful. So, I have nothing else to say. If this isn't the end of him, when will be!?!

Riyad finally got to bowl, still not full spell, and only reason he got to bowl because other bowlers were getting hit. Shakib's last choice was Riyad. And Riyad showed him what he can do.

Tigers_eye
June 18, 2010, 11:00 AM
80 SR is okay for ODIs when the game was basically over because of Ashraful.

Ashraful use to win us the odd matches once a year thingi. Now Ashraful is making sure we lose in every game in every format. I don't fault him though. It is the selectors who select him, the team management who picks him in to the playing 11.

aklemalp
June 18, 2010, 11:00 AM
this is rubbish cricket that bangladesh are playing,they lacked the intensity to play the game,just because tamim went out ,the plan was that if he is goin to be out then we play conservative cricket,this plan crashed into their faces

Dilscoop
June 18, 2010, 11:02 AM
I will be back to following Bangladesh cricket, once we have a new coach and we get our **** together. That Kamal guy was right. He knows more about those guys then us. And he must have seen the lacking of things, and he pointed out. And he should do it again...

aklemalp
June 18, 2010, 11:09 AM
major changes after the asia cup for bangladesh,i don't want to see ashraful ,neither rasel(he is pre t20 cricketer,something really needs to be done to win a game,rahim should be captain,and let shakib concentrate on his game

Raynman
June 18, 2010, 11:12 AM
Good thing we chose to ignore and belittle T20 as those skills are apparently useless and can never improve our ODI or Test performance.

Rifat
June 18, 2010, 11:13 AM
RELAX man. Its a game. If you just spent 6 hours of your time watching that pathetic display, you've got a reason to be a little angry. But we must remember its a game. Nothing more...

Nothing that happens on that field will affect your life in any real way, whether its pulling off the greatest comeback in history, or being wrapped up in 5 overs...

Watch cricket for the entertainment. The second it becomes more than that for you, you need to step back a little bit...

:up: :up:

aklemalp
June 18, 2010, 11:16 AM
another loss !!!!!!!! when is this going to end?help me out

Miraz
June 18, 2010, 11:17 AM
This is radarless Bangladesh cricket. Jamie Siddons is a complete failure. His first two years was the worst of Bangladesh cricket in the post World Cup 2003 era. His nonsense style of coaching has started the downward spiral and I am afraid more humilations are on the way.

I won't be surprised if we manage to lose our matches against Ireland, Scotland and Netherlands scheduled to be held in July.

This is the perfect preparation for world cup 2011.

Dilscoop
June 18, 2010, 11:19 AM
Same thing goes on over and over again. They do little, LITTLE better, we start to dance up and down. And we start to hope for big, and they goes back to being what they are, CRAP. And some one along the line comes out and states these, like I am doing right now. Same thing over and over again.

Didn't some one say we will win the WC?? And I said something REALISTIC and some of the guys went nuts. It's ok a to dream big, you are suppose to. But not with these guys!

bujhee kom
June 18, 2010, 11:21 AM
This is radarless Bangladesh cricket. Jamie Siddons is a complete failure. His first two years was the worst of Bangladesh cricket in the post World Cup 2003 era. His nonsense style of coaching has started the downward spiral and I am fraid more humilations are on the way.

I won't be surprised if we manage to lost our matches against Ireland, Scotland and Netherlands scheduled to be held in July.

This is the perfect preparatuon for world cup 2011.

I agree whole-heartedly with Miraz bhai here! 100%

ialbd
June 18, 2010, 11:26 AM
we need a break from international cricket....

Dilscoop
June 18, 2010, 11:26 AM
This is radarless Bangladesh cricket. Jamie Siddons is a complete failure. His first two years was the worst of Bangladesh cricket in the post World Cup 2003 era. His nonsense style of coaching has started the downward spiral and I am fraid more humilations are on the way.
I remember those days. Wait how can I not. I am living it at the moment. He was very negative when he started, still is. He bashed the team left to right, killed the spirit of the team. He couldn't bond with the team very well, still can't I am afraid. He came in and said negative things in the media, still does. Eg. After Pak tour, "If you thought we could win the series 5-0, you dont know anything about cricket". And Ashraful before the tour said "we could even win 5-0 if we wanted to". NZ tour, "I went to bed, thinking about the worse, boys didnt let me down". Then that setting "team total" before the game.

There is a reason he was ASST. COACH in Aus. He is not ready to be a head coach. I dont see any other cricket teams picking him as the head coach.

But then again, Tamim learned a lot from him. He is always thanking him for it. So if he can do it, why can't rest of the team??? It must be the players..

Hatekrew
June 18, 2010, 11:28 AM

i think he's got every reason to be annoyed. yeah it's 'just a game' but it's also more than that, that's the difference between 'fans' and people who just watch for entertainment. maybe that explains why our national team has been performing so bad, probably cuz they have the same mentality and think 'meh, it's just a game, let's try winning or performing well, if nothing happens then whatever, we still get paid.'

simon
June 18, 2010, 11:54 AM
80 SR is okay for ODIs when the game was basically over because of Ashraful.

Ashraful use to win us the odd matches once a year thingi. Now Ashraful is making sure we lose in every game in every format. I don't fault him though. It is the selectors who select him, the team management who picks him in to the playing 11.

agreed!
the selectors r obsessed with Ash,it's spoiling Ash's carreer more & more.
The 2 very important things BCB should do is to give ASH a loooong break & also to organize more series against weaker oppositions.
Tamim was right ,he said it's good to play against teams like ZIm,that improves the teams performance,like it did when we played against ZIm before the 2007WC.

hbk619
June 18, 2010, 12:02 PM
shobai ekta closeup1 hashi dia bolen

ALL HAIL TO JAMIE SIDDONS>>>THE ONLY GURU FOR TAMIM IQBAL

Farhad
June 18, 2010, 12:29 PM
i think he's got every reason to be annoyed. yeah it's 'just a game' but it's also more than that, that's the difference between 'fans' and people who just watch for entertainment.

So, your definition of a 'fan' includes people who cuss out the players and want them to go to hell? How does that work exactly? Most 'fans' dislike the players and want their teams to do well because it makes them feel better about their country. Winning these games don't mean jack. I'd feel better if poverty in our country declined by 1% than if we won the world cup 3 times in a row.

I take a fan to be someone who actually likes the team for its players, and not for something they supposedly represent. If youre not watching this game for entertainment, you need to get your priorities straight. There are much more direct (and satisfying) ways to root for your country.

maybe that explains why our national team has been performing so bad, probably cuz they have the same mentality and think 'meh, it's just a game, let's try winning or performing well, if nothing happens then whatever, we still get paid.

I doubt that very much. For them, its a career. Their 'performance reports' are the scorecards. They care very much if they win or lose, trust me. There are multiple interviews with our players that make that pretty clear. For example, I remember Tamim giving an interview to Andrew Miller after the second England ODI (which we nearly won) where he said that half the team bawled their eyes out after the game for missing the opportunity...

Nafi
June 18, 2010, 12:42 PM
Bring Jahurul in

DotBall
June 18, 2010, 12:44 PM
There some cricket gurus on this forum still blasting away on JS's coaching performance. From the very beginning JS told the media several times that it will take a long time for BD cricket to become competitive in the big league. Our cricket was not very well organized and the domestic structure is very bad. My question to the cricket gurus here what time frame do your expect a coach to take to put BD cricket on track for a better future?

One bad apple can ruin the stock and our cricket is going through the same thing for past 2 years or so. Ashraful was not only out of form but also a brainless cricketer. The whole team had to carry the burden of his expired fame for long enough. I do not know what the selectors think but our cricket do not deserve that kind of burden. Ash has been a wonderful contributor for our cricket and I thank him for his service and wish him all the best in future; cricket is not the only thing in life for a cricketer. But it is over over over due for our cricket to let him go.

As for JS, I like him and I strongly believe that his approach will pay off in due time (2 to 3 years). 2011 world cup would be a perfect setup for us to go to build a good platform of our cricket. There is not short cut (Ash is the perfect example of how one/team can fail if just want to ride your luck). We need more hard work from BCB, coaches and players to see any sustainable progress.

Baundule
June 18, 2010, 12:52 PM
Winning these games don't mean jack. I'd feel better if poverty in our country declined by 1% than if we won the world cup 3 times in a row.

Farhad bhai, we need to build the proper attitude to win cricket matches as well as against the poverty. These guys at the national team are professionals; but they are not doing their tasks properly. So, they deserve the fans' apparently harsh reaction. It is 100% justified.

There is no this or that equation between winning cricket matches and any other thing like the poverty. We need to do well in every sector. Otherwise, it will be always other party's fault and everyone will take the escape route, showing the example of others. Here we are discussing cricket and so we should focus on the performance in cricket, not on the global warming or poverty issue.

Baundule
June 18, 2010, 12:58 PM
There some cricket gurus on this forum still blasting away on JS's coaching performance. ...........ne/team can fail if just want to ride your luck). We need more hard work from BCB, coaches and players to see any sustainable progress.
My dear friend, it does not matter what you 'believe' or your Jamie Siddons talks. All that matters is the performance. This is the professional world, we are the 9th best team in the world in a reasonably well-known sport. In that situation no coach will get time in the real world to start everything from the scratch. He has to build on what is already there. So, the improvement thing has to come each and everyday. The world will not wait for us for another 10 years. So far we are surviving only because the BCCI need us.

Kabir
June 18, 2010, 01:03 PM
Story of our cricket since the beginning of time.

Emm, not really. This type of show that we saw today isn't normal. The team played with no effort - and SL scored with ZERO effort. If they wanted to put a bit more effort, they could've scored 450 today. We're just lucky that they let us go easy this time.

Murad
June 18, 2010, 01:07 PM
Our fielders didn't chase the ball hard. Gave way too many runs in boundary which they could have saved with a bit of extra effort.

Seems like we have 11 individuals in the team. No unity!

Nafi
June 18, 2010, 01:15 PM
Our fielders didn't chase the ball hard. Gave way too many runs in boundary which they could have saved with a bit of extra effort.

Seems like we have 11 individuals in the team. No unity!

Yes exactly, I never see any sprinting

DotBall
June 18, 2010, 01:36 PM
My dear friend, it does not matter what you 'believe' or your Jamie Siddons talks. All that matters is the performance. This is the professional world, we are the 9th best team in the world in a reasonably well-known sport. In that situation no coach will get time in the real world to start everything from the scratch. He has to build on what is already there. So, the improvement thing has to come each and everyday. The world will not wait for us for another 10 years. So far we are surviving only because the BCCI need us.

How many coaches have we gone through so far? How many years have we played in ODI? How many years in Test cricket? Progress counts everyday, true but if you keep paddling while trying to drive a car is not going to make things work. We don't need to start from the scratch, we just need to stop paddling and focusing on the accelerator, break, clutch paddles and steering. How many coaches does it take for our players to build a proper mindset and skills for cricket? Without good foundation we will not be able to keep our house standing upright for too long.

Raynman
June 18, 2010, 01:42 PM
How many coaches have we gone through so far? How many years have we played in ODI? How many years in Test cricket? Progress counts everyday, true but if you keep paddling while trying to drive a car is not going to make things work. We don't need to start from the scratch, we just need to stop paddling and focusing on the accelerator, break, clutch paddles and steering. How many coaches does it take for our players to build a proper mindset and skills for cricket? Without good foundation we will not be able to keep our house standing upright for too long.

exactly. Another 8 more years of bush and the world would have been a better place
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

bujhee kom
June 18, 2010, 01:43 PM
Shobai taratari blood pressure check koran...heart attack/brain stroke korte pare Allah Maaf koruk!

Farhad
June 18, 2010, 01:46 PM
Farhad bhai, we need to build the proper attitude to win cricket matches as well as against the poverty. These guys at the national team are professionals; but they are not doing their tasks properly. So, they deserve the fans' apparently harsh reaction. It is 100% justified.

There is no this or that equation between winning cricket matches and any other thing like the poverty. We need to do well in every sector. Otherwise, it will be always other party's fault and everyone will take the escape route, showing the example of others. Here we are discussing cricket and so we should focus on the performance in cricket, not on the global warming or poverty issue.

I dont disagree. Obviously anyone posting on a Bangladesh Cricket forum would prefer Bangladesh to win their games. The point I was trying to make was theres no point throwing a fit because of it. Its a game and nothing more should be made of it...

Its certainly disappointing, but if its even close to the worst news you hear in any given day, you lead a charmed life...

Hatekrew
June 18, 2010, 03:46 PM
So, your definition of a 'fan' includes people who cuss out the players and want them to go to hell? How does that work exactly? Most 'fans' dislike the players and want their teams to do well because it makes them feel better about their country. Winning these games don't mean jack. I'd feel better if poverty in our country declined by 1% than if we won the world cup 3 times in a row.

I take a fan to be someone who actually likes the team for its players, and not for something they supposedly represent. If youre not watching this game for entertainment, you need to get your priorities straight. There are much more direct (and satisfying) ways to root for your country.

I doubt that very much. For them, its a career. Their 'performance reports' are the scorecards. They care very much if they win or lose, trust me. There are multiple interviews with our players that make that pretty clear. For example, I remember Tamim giving an interview to Andrew Miller after the second England ODI (which we nearly won) where he said that half the team bawled their eyes out after the game for missing the opportunity...
Poverty has nothing to do with winning. I think that was a pretty dumb comparison. I mean yeah I'd like my country's poverty to go down, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't care and think 'sighhh I wish my country's poverty went down instead of this' if we ended up winning the World cup hypothetically. I'd be celebrating our win not think about the dire state of our country at that moment.

And in the same way I wouldn't think "Oh I wish Bangladesh won the World Cup instead of people off the slums having a better standard of living" if I see that their standard of living went up. I'd be happy and proud that my country is progressing, and the people are having a better life. Not cry about our team losing.

I really don't need you to be telling me or anyone what you think your self righteous "priorities" are. Noone's cursing out Bangladesh for failing miserable. We're just upset at the WAY they lost. It's frustrating. And yeah most real "fans" don't watch the game for mere entertainment. Check out the soccer fans in England or Spain for example. Check out Pakistan/India cricket fans. These people just don't watch cricket to sit back and chill out.

And you really think Bangladesh cricket is SO transparent that 'certain players' don't take their careers for granted? Kono politics nai? Eto bhalo BCC? You honestly, truly believe that some of our players aren't playing knowing that they're safe? Atleast in the short run? There are passionate, serious, dedicated players such as Tamim, Shakib, even Kayes. Kayes has a lot of technical problems, but you can see he really does try hard! People like Ashraful on the other hand, Naeem, they have been underperforming on a regular basis.

I'm not saying ur not a fan. If you think ur a fan or whatever, then good for u. But don't go around judging people and stuff and telling them how to think or feel. Now you might say why I told u all this. I wouldn't have, unless I read what you said.

But yeah, Bangladesh cricket team has been disappointing lately. And when they fail, it's not just a team that's under scrutiny. People talk about the team as the representatives of a nation. And that's why the thread is legit. WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING? No purpose, no drive. Anyone has every reason to be pissed. It's not just once, but 3 games in a row that they have played without purpose (starting with the 2nd Test against England). I hope they atleast TRY against the Pakis.

deshifan
June 18, 2010, 04:53 PM
ei dhoron-er onek suta dekhechi otit-e. kono lav hoi ni. jar 9 bochore akkel hoi na tar 90 bochoreo hoi na.

tiger_club
June 18, 2010, 06:10 PM
absolutely disgusting performance by the tigers.. seriously what were they thinking… most pathetic and frustrating display by all means.. is this the beginning of the end?

Come on boys WAKE up!!! we must WIN the next game... we must!

Equinox
June 18, 2010, 06:34 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshvnz/engine/current/match/361755.html
http://www.cricinfo.com/tri-bdesh/engine/match/378755.html

Back-to-back series. Came close to winning both. Who was the coach then? Coaches don't win you or lose you matches in cricket. Shakib needs to let go of the captaincy. His own performance is going down the drain and the team is playing without any passion on the field.

I have decided I won't follow this team seriously until the World Cup. I hope they pick up their game by then. If they don't I might just stop following them full stop.

Dilscoop
June 18, 2010, 08:59 PM
...the team is playing without any passion on the field.

It's coach's (and captain's) job to bring that passion and focus on the field. JS failed to do that. Whatmore was best at it. In that era we may have been flawed with technical stuff, but we were hungry to win. We were eager to prove a point and show it to the world.

Whatmore also realized one thing that rest of us still cant. He figured out Ashraful and dropped his dumb @$$ from the team. He knew what kind of player he is.

Dhruvo
June 18, 2010, 09:06 PM
The biggest problem in bangladesh cricket atm is Jamie Siddons. He did a great job improving the skills of our players, but he failed to teach our boys how to work as a team. We need to sack him ASAP, and get a coach that knows how to fire his team up.

Dilscoop
June 18, 2010, 09:11 PM
^^ Still many of them are flawed!!

deshifan
June 18, 2010, 09:19 PM
Guys, please don't make a scapegoat out of J. Siddons. It's our players who are to perform; not the coach himself. Take a look at the English newspapers tonite; they all are blaming the wretched performance of their footballers, not the coach. We used to lose during Gordon Greenidge's time, we lost plenty under Dave Whatmore and the legacy is going on... Please point your fingers on our infrastructure; our lackings; our corruption; our mental (and physical) ineptitude etc.

al Furqaan
June 18, 2010, 09:35 PM
Siddons has definitely made some improvements...but perhaps his mindset is to blame for this sham.

of course the brass led by that gonad-less Kamal is also to blame.

this is the worst case though guys, hopefull we'll come back up to decent-ness in no time.

at least we can look forward to a team sans-ashraful.

One World
June 18, 2010, 09:37 PM
Siddons says " we will regroup". Will we still have him or few others in that group?

nsd3
June 18, 2010, 10:32 PM
It's time to judge Siddons now. He's done few good things here and there but at present it's not helping us doing any better. Rather than finding another coach before WC 11 (cuz if we change him now the new guy would simply say after WC "I did not have enought time with these boys") we could add specific coach for specific needs. For example, bowling coach from overseas would be good. Salahuddin is the fielding coach (plus asst coach) anywway. Shujan is there as well. We should bring in a really good bowling coach.

Secondly, we need to upgrade domestic structure with right kind of pitches. Also find the right person to operate Devepment Academy (I guess the Academy boss resigned and none replaced him yet; although the resignation wasn't accepted). Moreover, organize A Team bilateral tours on emergency basis before WC.

Siddons should go after WC but at present we just need to do the other bits to help him till WC.

Dilscoop
June 18, 2010, 10:44 PM
The non-stop cricket Bangladesh have played has also had an impact, according to Siddons. "The other sides have had a good rest, had their senior players have rested and we've been going flat out for eight months including our domestic cricket," he said. "I think we're a bit tired, a bit flat, a bit jaded, and we've been focusing on Test cricket, we'll regroup."
All that time we were crying, we dont get to play enough, we dont have enough matches per year. blah blah. Now its too much...?

wiseshah
June 18, 2010, 11:19 PM

very easy to say such things. ...

wiseshah
June 18, 2010, 11:25 PM
They lacked any intensity whatsoever and had no interest of winning the game. WTF was that? Who in the hell inculcated this mentality in them "since we are never gon win against these mighty sri lankans might as well practice for posterity." So what's the point of playing the damn game? Ash wasted deliveries like anything. Shakib and Riyad were playing test. I am not sure if Siddons himself gave order to forfeit the match. THIS IS BLOODY PATHETIC. If you don't put up a fight or have fire in your belly you are never gonna win any matches period. Absolutely disgusting.

At one stage they had six wickets in hand and had to make 200 odd runs out of 25 overs which was basically a T20 match yet they took a sluggish approach of playing test match. So big deal it prevented a collapse....at the cost of what? Impalement???

You practice in practice session not at freakin match! They didn't have to go all guns...but instead of just blocking even if they took the initiatve to take singles and rotate strikes it would have showed INTENT. Intention is everything which they lacked.

Hell with them!

i agree wih u zeeshan

nahaz
June 19, 2010, 12:58 AM
I think somehow or other our team culture is once again that of surrender. We haveagain forgotten how to win against teams that are a little better than us. The solution I think is to shake the team after the WC. After the Cup, the new team would consist of the follwoing current players:

Tamim
Zunaed
Imrul ( if he fixes his bouncer problems)
Riyad
Shakib
Mushfique
Shafi

The rest should be the best performers of NCL (even if its people we tried). We should really work from now to better the domestic setup and aim to have a better team by 2012. Everyone should know their position will be vulnerable. And that 1 century or 5 wicket haul wont do it. Shuvogoto Hom, Shamsur Rahman, Nasir, Suhrawardi Shuvo, Jahurul, Nazim, Farhad, Faisal are all good candidates. Saqlain Sajib and a couple of other spinners from NCL and DPL should be tried. Can't remmeber he bowlers.We dont owe anything to Ash, Naeem, Razzak, Rasel to give them more and more chances if they dont perform.
If Siddons thinks current bunch is fatigued, he should get some new ones for England.

Dilscoop
June 19, 2010, 01:07 AM
Nothing will happen, nothing will change until people in Bangladesh comes out on the street with fire, bàsh and juta and do what the India fans do.

I saw you guys plan to go to the games together, so why not plan for a misil.

al-Sagar
June 19, 2010, 01:35 AM
u need to have plans... backup plans and revised plan on different situation...... we dont have any.

batsman just go out, play as they wish until they get out.

Dhakablues
June 19, 2010, 01:38 AM
I am just glad that this is happening when the entire world is glued to Soccer and none really cares about the Asia Cup. Nevertheless, it definitely showed that we need new energy, regimen and strategy for our cricket. Siddons, good or bad, can't do it himself with his existing staff. Lotus Kamal is... rather I stop. We have gone this path so many times already..

Imteaz
June 19, 2010, 01:52 AM
Stop celebrating the win against team like West Indies 3rd grade that we played last time. Everything will be ok.

al-Sagar
June 19, 2010, 02:41 AM
one of friend set status in FACEBOOK:

"sara duniya jokhon WC football niye basto, cricket dekhar time nai, sei fake BD joto kharap pare kheile nitese, jate karo nojore na pore. ei somoy bhalo kheile to laav nai,paper e chobi ashbe na, keu kheyal o korbe na, sobai ase messi, kaka, klose er ke kokhon pad dilo sei taale.
WC fever jaak, then BD bhalo kheile nojor karbe"

beshideshi
June 19, 2010, 02:57 AM
I think somehow or other our team culture is once again that of surrender. We haveagain forgotten how to win against teams that are a little better than us. The solution I think is to shake the team after the WC. After the Cup, the new team would consist of the follwoing current players:

Tamim
Zunaed
Imrul ( if he fixes his bouncer problems)
Riyad
Shakib
Mushfique
Shafi

The rest should be the best performers of NCL (even if its people we tried). We should really work from now to better the domestic setup and aim to have a better team by 2012. Everyone should know their position will be vulnerable. And that 1 century or 5 wicket haul wont do it. Shuvogoto Hom, Shamsur Rahman, Nasir, Suhrawardi Shuvo, Jahurul, Nazim, Farhad, Faisal are all good candidates. Saqlain Sajib and a couple of other spinners from NCL and DPL should be tried. Can't remmeber he bowlers.We dont owe anything to Ash, Naeem, Razzak, Rasel to give them more and more chances if they dont perform.
If Siddons thinks current bunch is fatigued, he should get some new ones for England.

Fantastic plan. Unlike any of our previous teams, we have a nucleus now, but alike previous teams we have loads of deadweight in the team. [though I would pick Imrul as a more core player than Junayed, but Junayed performed well over the past few months]
And we need to act fast, I understand the fatigue issue, BD players have never had such a busy schedule. So bodies must be tiring. But why not try some of the new guys instead of complaining about the current players' fatigue?
I think we should immediately try a couple of new players[Nasir Hossain, and a leg spinning all rounder would be ideal] for wc 11. Otherwise we will be playing 7-8 versus 11 and some of our players will have to perform out of their skin to win us games.

salin
June 19, 2010, 03:43 AM
i say, just change the captain. he is a pure bayadob. since sakib become the permanent captain, team spirit totaly gone, even Rahim dose not shout that much behind the stamps he used to.

Equinox
June 19, 2010, 04:47 AM
It's coach's (and captain's) job to bring that passion and focus on the field. JS failed to do that. Whatmore was best at it. In that era we may have been flawed with technical stuff, but we were hungry to win. We were eager to prove a point and show it to the world.

Whatmore also realized one thing that rest of us still cant. He figured out Ashraful and dropped his dumb @$$ from the team. He knew what kind of player he is.
You're wrong it is solely the captain's job. The coach is not on the field with players or even on the sidelines like in football. He can't shout from the balcony. In cricket the captain is the main man when it comes to on-field performance. When have you seen a coach getting sacked for defeats? We are the only fans who blame the coach to cover the shortcomings of our players. I am not saying Siddons should be totally exempt of any blame but he is not the main culprit here. And I'd like to remind you again that under him with a different captain we came close to winning back-to-back series' against two G7 teams. After that a new captain was appointed and we haven't won a single match against a G7 team since.

i say, just change the captain. he is a pure bayadob. since sakib become the permanent captain, team spirit totaly gone, even Rahim dose not shout that much behind the stamps he used to.
Bingo. Result'er shomoy anda pay ar jodi keu performancer'er against e kotha bole tokhon tej dekhay.

unda_bhai
June 19, 2010, 05:05 AM
ahh the people always think they're smarter than everyone else.

Roni_uk
June 19, 2010, 07:49 AM
Bring two more coaches in and let them work all together - ...

lamisa
June 19, 2010, 08:32 AM

our players are not bad at all,they are just stupid!!!i don't think they are that patriotic

Equinox
June 19, 2010, 08:42 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/asia2010/content/current/story/463799.html
Why is Siddons in the frontline? Why is he the one attending the press conferences and making all the statements? Where is Shakib? Look at Dhoni, Afridi and Sangakkara. They are the ones playing the active role in their teams and their coaches are in the backroom where they belong. What is Shakib doing? Siddons is covering Shakib's ***, it would be very easy for him to sit at the back and let Shakib face the questions but he deliberately goes into the firing line to protect his boy because he knows he will make a mess of it.

Shakib has no aura. I don't think he has a cricketing brain. In the World T20 I remember Mushfiq saying to him: "Moyna, e jokhon strike e thake tokhon mid-off shamne rakhish." I doubt Shakib understands all that. If I am right football is his preferred sport. He just happens to be immensely gifted at cricket. But I highly doubt his intellect of the game. If something isn't done soon I'm afraid we will lose Shakib the player who is much much more valuable than Shakib the captain.

lamisa
June 19, 2010, 08:48 AM

i am sorry but i don't agree with u at all.jekhane basic bhalo na shekhane porer level e apne ki bhalo expect koren?it's like u are expecting siddons to build a 10-tala building on a 3-tala foundation!

Baundule
June 19, 2010, 10:40 AM
i am sorry but i don't agree with u at all.jekhane basic bhalo na shekhane porer level e apne ki bhalo expect koren?it's like u are expecting siddons to build a 10-tala building on a 3-tala foundation!
National team is not the place to learn the BASIC.

Tigers_eye
June 19, 2010, 01:59 PM
Switching format is like pani bhat right?

alibangali
June 19, 2010, 04:15 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/asia2010/content/current/story/463799.html
Why is Siddons in the frontline? Why is he the one attending the press conferences and making all the statements? Where is Shakib? Look at Dhoni, Afridi and Sangakkara. They are the ones playing the active role in their teams and their coaches are in the backroom where they belong. What is Shakib doing? Siddons is covering Shakib's ***, it would be very easy for him to sit at the back and let Shakib face the questions but he deliberately goes into the firing line to protect his boy because he knows he will make a mess of it.

Shakib has no aura. I don't think he has a cricketing brain. In the World T20 I remember Mushfiq saying to him: "Moyna, e jokhon strike e thake tokhon mid-off shamne rakhish." I doubt Shakib understands all that. If I am right football is his preferred sport. He just happens to be immensely gifted at cricket. But I highly doubt his intellect of the game. If something isn't done soon I'm afraid we will lose Shakib the player who is much much more valuable than Shakib the captain.

I was very worried about this when many wanted him to be captain. Captaining a weak side like ours is too much pressure and it will affect the players performance. We needed an experienced player to become the captain but the selectors seems to be intent on only choosing youngsters (except mash and ash).

Like Tiger_Eye said we discarded players like Mashud and Rafique far too early.

Hatekrew
June 20, 2010, 02:06 PM
I was very worried about this when many wanted him to be captain. Captaining a weak side like ours is too much pressure and it will affect the players performance. We needed an experienced player to become the captain but the selectors seems to be intent on only choosing youngsters (except mash and ash).

Like Tiger_Eye said we discarded players like Mashud and Rafique far too early.
Kinda agree with that. I don't think Shakib has a "BAD" cricketing brain per se, but I feel like he's definitely jaded. For example certain decisions such as not using Mahmudullah, and using Razzaq over-extensively when he kept bowling down the pads against England... not using Shafiul properly. Shakib is definitely ambitious, but I think all the constant losses are definitely pulling his confidence down. We need to make sure he can remain a global superstar allrounder, and not burn him out. Feel bad for him to be honest. He is a hard worker, but right now he's all out at sea.

lamisa
June 21, 2010, 08:43 AM
National team is not the place to learn the BASIC.

i am not saying that.but this is the best bunch of players apparently that is being offered to him for coaching and obviously they have technical deficiencies so js is trying to help them to overcome those deficiencies.and if our domestic structure is so crappy that the national team players lack basics,then they have to learn their basic while they are playing for the national team,SIMPLE

Baundule
June 21, 2010, 10:28 AM
i am not saying that.but this is the best bunch of players apparently that is being offered to him for coaching and obviously they have technical deficiencies so js is trying to help them to overcome those deficiencies.and if our domestic structure is so crappy that the national team players lack basics,then they have to learn their basic while they are playing for the national team,SIMPLE
lamisa, we can continue the blame game. we have poor social structure, we are poor (not the BCB, though), we are corrupted, our players take dail and ganja, our league is weak and bla bla bla. But these should not be used as excuses for or by a national team coach. A bad workman quarrels with the tools, while a good one gets the best out of the resources he receives.

In cricket technique is over-rated, there are many successful batsmen with poor technique. A national team coach is not supposed to make drastic changes in techniques of his players. These guys are playing for the national team only because they have been successful playing the way they play. So, making drastic changes will destroy them. Instead the coach can do some fine-tuning. The major task of the coach is to build a 'team', not teaching cricket to the boys, who are already cricketers.

lamisa
June 21, 2010, 12:06 PM

though shakib is a great player,i still don't approve of him being the captain.he is way too selfish.he does not give riyad the ball at the right times or rather hardly gives him the ball unless he has no other options,he makes riyad bat really low down the order(though i dont know how much of contribution he has to that),parle riyader ball e misfielding o kore!i think mushy should be our next captain as just a batsman,he should pass on the gloves to someone else.amader playerder oi khomota nai eto pressure cope korar

Zeeshan
June 21, 2010, 12:10 PM
though shakib is a great player,i still don't approve of him being the captain.he is way too selfish.he does not give riyad the ball at the right times or rather hardly gives him the ball unless he has no other options,he makes riyad bat really low down the order(though i dont know how much of contribution he has to that),parle riyader ball e misfielding o kore!i think mushy should be our next captain as just a batsman,he should pass on the gloves to someone else.amader playerder oi khomota nai eto pressure cope korar

I am sorry but your post would be coming as pure slapstick comedy if that's the thought you harbor.

lamisa
June 21, 2010, 12:11 PM
Nothing will happen, nothing will change until people in Bangladesh comes out on the street with fire, bàsh and juta and do what the India fans do.

I saw you guys plan to go to the games together, so why not plan for a misil.

are hoy hoy misil,ami nijei deksi mather baire misil namte.it's just that misil-karidr keu bel dey na so they stop the misil after a while

Shaan
June 21, 2010, 12:15 PM
ei team diya kicchu hoibona..amader pulapanra ondeday game-e test khele ar test-e ondeday, t20 khele digsunnohin vabe !!

ar amader selectorra tester player-re oneday khelan onedayr playerre test.. selectorra jhokhon jare mon dhore tare teame ajibon garantee diya vite bari koira den !!

lamisa
June 21, 2010, 12:16 PM
lamisa, we can continue the blame game. we have poor social structure, we are poor (not the BCB, though), we are corrupted, our players take dail and ganja, our league is weak and bla bla bla. But these should not be used as excuses for or by a national team coach. A bad workman quarrels with the tools, while a good one gets the best out of the resources he receives.

In cricket technique is over-rated, there are many successful batsmen with poor technique. A national team coach is not supposed to make drastic changes in techniques of his players. These guys are playing for the national team only because they have been successful playing the way they play. So, making drastic changes will destroy them. Instead the coach can do some fine-tuning. The major task of the coach is to build a 'team', not teaching cricket to the boys, who are already cricketers.

bhai,that's your opinion and i have a different opinion.these,ashraful-siddons arguments can go on forever.we are both bd supporters and we both wish and think about the best for our country,so it is better that you hold on to your opinion about what's best for the team and i hold on to mine,no point dragging this any further.let's just hope that the board and the players start caring as much as we care and let things fall into the right places,ami apni bollei toh ar kisu hobe na.:)

Baundule
June 21, 2010, 12:43 PM
bhai,that's your opinion and i have a different opinion.these,ashraful-siddons arguments can go on forever.we are both bd supporters and we both wish and think about the best for our country,so it is better that you hold on to your opinion about what's best for the team and i hold on to mine,no point dragging this any further.let's just hope that the board and the players start caring as much as we care and let things fall into the right places,ami apni bollei toh ar kisu hobe na.:) :up:

Imtiazk
June 21, 2010, 12:46 PM
I am sorry but your post would be coming as pure slapstick comedy if that's the thought you harbor.

Lamisa: I thought your points were well thought out. This was no slapstick comedy. Please do not be discouraged by such comments.

People can disagree but cannot belittle unless utter rubbish was written. In Lamisa's post that was not the case.

Zeeshan
June 21, 2010, 12:48 PM
Did you even read the part that I highlighted? ^

lamisa
June 22, 2010, 05:01 AM
zeeshan bhai,the part that you highlighted,i meant for it to be sarcastic,though during the match at one misfelding by shakib made me think whether he is trying to worsen riyad's economy rate(out of anger).but for the rest of my post,i stand strongly with what i believe

Zeeshan
June 22, 2010, 05:03 AM
fair enough, i am sorry if i was a bit crass. :)

*extends bhaab finger*

lamisa
June 22, 2010, 05:05 AM
Lamisa: I thought your points were well thought out. This was no slapstick comedy. Please do not be discouraged by such comments.

People can disagree but cannot belittle unless utter rubbish was written. In Lamisa's post that was not the case.

thanks imtiaz bhai.even if people think what i say is funny,i would not stop writing because everyone has a right to express their thoughts here