PDA

View Full Version : What should we do with J. Siddons?

Nadim
June 20, 2010, 08:35 AM
Vote...

Baundule
June 20, 2010, 08:49 AM
The sooner, the better. We are not going to win the world cup anyway.

alibangali
June 20, 2010, 09:02 AM
I would prefer to keep him on as batting coach but i doubt BCB would pay for a head coach and a batting coach.

With his mentality and style i dont think he can get the best out of the WHOLE team. We need to inject some fresh ideas and energy so lets look for an inspirational coach.

Miraz
June 20, 2010, 09:18 AM
Where is the option -

Keep him until the World Cup and sack him after the WC regardless of our performance in the world cup.

lamisa
June 20, 2010, 09:50 AM
the fourth option is not applicable.you think siddons will accept the role as our bating coach when he was recently occupying australia's assisant coach?

Tiger444
June 20, 2010, 10:27 AM
the fourth option is not applicable.you think siddons will accept the role as our bating coach when he was recently occupying australia's assisant coach?

seriously..people always say oh why can't we have siddons as our batting coach, he would not accept that..he was already an assistant for Australia, the best team in the world..why would he then come down 2 become a batting coach for us? He came just to be a head coach..I understand what the thought process is behind that because he's changed our batsmen around but his tactics are not good but there's no way he would want to be just a batting coach..having said that I really doubt he will come back after the WC..I really hope BCB doesn't give the job 2 someone like chacha..

crikss
June 20, 2010, 10:33 AM
sack him..i think this current team will play same even without coach

wiseshah
June 20, 2010, 11:01 AM
what should we do about J siddons?

---------------nothing

BanArafath
June 20, 2010, 11:17 AM
Where is the option -

Keep him until the World Cup and sack him after the WC regardless of our performance in the world cup.

Please don't blame Jamie Siddons. He is trying his best and keep saying that BCB should spend money on their domestic cricket to improve the facilities. He has mentioned that the cricket academy which was newly made BCB should keep the U 19 players and academy players under the practice session.

If you want to blame , blame the management system of BCB but not the coach and players.

Thanks

Spitfire_x86
June 20, 2010, 11:26 AM
Keep him regardless of World Cup results. If we find someone potentially better after WC, replace him.

Beamer
June 20, 2010, 11:56 AM
Few things we should allow for Siddons to do if he wants to be a successful coach :
1. In the upcoming ODI trip to England, he should be allowed to leave the camp during a match to commentate on BBC or Sky to fatten his wallet.
2. As soon as a 'star' batsman goes through a lean patch, he must stop talking to him or communicate with him period. Working with that player to correct his problem is pointless and Siddons must do that if he wants to be great.
3. With only until seven or eight months remaining towards WC, Siddons must use his time and resources of BCB to leverage his next contract with another team, preferably India, while he still remains contractualy obligated to us.

Until he does the above three, he will not be recognized as the greatest motivator of all time.

So, its not about what we should do with Siddons, its rather what Siddons should do if he wants to stamp his name in the pantheon of BD coaching legends.

Zeeshan
June 20, 2010, 12:32 PM
So, its not about what we should do with Siddons, its rather what Siddons should do if he wants to stamp his name in the pantheon of BD coaching legends.

That pretty much puts the final nail in the coffin. It's as if we should fall head over heels in love with him thinking that he is doing us a HUGE favor out of his diler dorod. Let's get some facts straight. He's getting paid huge money to coach us and it's not as if he's doing a pro bono work. So we have every right to lambaste him. Think twice before you guys sell yourselves short.

MohammedC
June 20, 2010, 01:27 PM
I have voted "Sack him right now " option.

But no matter who is our coach our players are useless and will still be the same even if Dav Whatmore is our coach.

Imtiazk
June 20, 2010, 01:42 PM
Keep him ! It's all the Coach's fault. Yeah !! How immature can we get ? The players are blameless. Huh !

MohammedC
June 20, 2010, 01:43 PM
Please think about "IPL Factor" before sacking Jamie Siddons. I dont think you will get any high profile coach if we sack him now.

IPL= Easy money for 8 to 9 weeks of hard work

Bangladesh Cricket = Lutus and his friends who dont give a rats a** about domestic cricket.

Hatekrew
June 20, 2010, 02:17 PM
Voted sack him.

He has done some 'decent' work for Bangladesh since he took over. But he's actually done much more damage than good. Why has he constantly overlooked Rajin Saleh? Why doesn't he blast Ashraful instead of barely criticizing him. I read that Sid said that Ash cried. Oh BIG WHOOP. He cried. He SHOULD cry. And he should bash his head with his bat too. Maybe that might knock some sense into him.

He should not have discarded Whatmore's hard work. The guy was a genius, what Siddons should have done is take what Whatmore left, and build on it instead of COMPLETELY starting from scratch. Should've kept players like Rajin Saleh, Shahriar Nafees, Syed Rasel, etc. Saleh should have been the captain now.

I think Siddons himself has lost the total interest for our cricket. Two people who were truly passionate about Bangladesh as a nation and its cricketing prospects were Gordon Greenidge and Eddie Burlow.

We need someone aggressive, confident and ambitious to instill the same attitude in our boys. It's not like our team can't win, it's just a matter of the right mentality.

We need to have a coach like maybe Wasim Akram, or Dennis Lillee, maybe Steve Waugh. Someone with the mentality of these guys. Not Siddons. He's a dweeb.

wiseshah
June 20, 2010, 02:25 PM
Voted sack him.

We need to have a coach like maybe Wasim Akram, or Dennis Lillee, maybe Steve Waugh. Someone with the mentality of these guys. Not Siddons. He's a dweeb.

washim akram will teach players how to do match fixing, grouping in the team and take bribe.

steve waugh will sell gordov ashrafool and baby face mushfiq to mother teresa's orphanage or to some camel jockee in arab emirates.

Neel Here
June 20, 2010, 02:31 PM
steve waugh will sell gordov ashrafool and baby face mushfiq to mother teresa's orphanage or to some camel jockee in arab emirates.

:lol:

Hatekrew
June 20, 2010, 05:04 PM
washim akram will teach players how to do match fixing, grouping in the team and take bribe.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best assessment ever lol.

Alchemist
June 20, 2010, 06:53 PM
Sack him right now and let Chacha run the show till WC2011.

Purbasha T
June 20, 2010, 07:02 PM
Where's ''I don't care''?

:mad:

bujhee kom
June 20, 2010, 08:46 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/rrd0034l.jpg

Dilscoop
June 20, 2010, 10:38 PM
Make him our batting coach, hire some1else as a head coach

Have been saying this for a while now

Imteaz
June 21, 2010, 02:14 AM
We are such a nation that we cannot learn even when we get the opportunity.

cricket_pagol
June 21, 2010, 02:33 AM
I think the the recent decline in our performance can be attributed to lack of quality of our players to play non-stop cricket. They need time off between every other series to rejuvinate themselves. They are just not mentally strong enough to endure international cricket over a long period of time.

cricket_pagol
June 21, 2010, 02:35 AM
I have voted "Sack him right now " option.

But no matter who is our coach our players are useless and will still be the same even if Dav Whatmore is our coach.

Whatever the problem, let's just sack the coach!

Baundule
June 21, 2010, 12:16 PM
How about getting Shane Warne as a coach? He is a magician.

Bhel Puri
June 21, 2010, 12:17 PM
Keep him... sack the following:
Mohammad Ashraful
Suhrawadi Shuvo

Play against ZIM, Kenya, Bermuda and Afghanistan to build confidence before WC.

Bhel Puri
June 21, 2010, 12:18 PM
How about getting Shane Warne as a coach? He is a magician.
He won't take up the job in Bangla. Bring Grag Chappal or Sourav Ganguly or Viv Richards if Siddons is sacked.

alibangali
June 21, 2010, 12:21 PM
I want to change my vote from keep him as batting coach to sack him now.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

akabir77
June 21, 2010, 12:27 PM
hire 11 players who can play better than ours. sorry make that 10. in that case who ever is the coach we will still win...

Baundule
June 21, 2010, 12:34 PM
hire 11 players who can play better than ours. sorry make that 10. in that case who ever is the coach we will still win...
boss, a team is not all about 11 individuals. The following matches can give an idea:

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/220935.html
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/221083.html
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/221337.html

The last of the above three is the best one. ;)

Zeeshan
June 21, 2010, 12:39 PM
Ditto. I also want to change my vote to sack him NOW.

Today Siddons is implanting ideas that "since it's impossible for us to chase 386..." tomorrow this guy will instill that "Since we can never win the world cup, why compete or put up a fight at all." I have had enough of him.

Dilscoop
June 21, 2010, 12:39 PM
FIRE THE DUMB @$$. Recreate the poll, there will be some opinion changes after today..

nobody
June 22, 2010, 12:44 AM
sack him..i think this current team will play same even without coach

May be even better

Isnaad
June 22, 2010, 04:26 AM
Send him to the Andamans so that he can teach the monkeys how to play cricket!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)