PDA

View Full Version : Should Bangladesh be disallowed to play Test cricket?

The One
June 21, 2010, 02:09 AM
It's been 10 years since Bangladesh arrived at the Test arena, and they are yet to score a Test win against major Test nation. Forget the wins against depleted sorry as Zimbabwe teams or the 3rd grade WI teams they played recently. Only in few occasions they even managed to salvage a satisfactory draw even in home conditions. If they needed to improve they had all the resources, not to mention opportunities but they are no where near being a credible Test nation in my opinion.

Yes they have a few upset wins under their belt in ODIs, even in major tournaments like WC, but does that really suffice? Test cricket is where you are really tested, where just one brillian performance is not enough to win a match. If it is your day you can win an ODI, but not a Test. If you are to win a Test you need more than just one 'your days' if you know what I mean. Bangladesh so far has failed miserably.

You shouldn't compare Bangladesh with Zimbabwe because just when they were developing into a good team with the likes of Flower brothers, Heath Streak and some other good players, the politics intevened and that was the end of Zimbabwe cricket. So we never know where they would have been in now if it wasn't the case. However I believe they too should be disallowed. If you really need to compare, the rightful comparison would be with Sri Lanka, the last Test nation before Bangladesh and Zimbabwe arrived. They were a far FAR better team 10 years into Test cricket than Bangladesh is today. In early 90's they had a very good team compared to this Bangladesh team, the likes of Ranatunga, De Silva, Mahanama, Gurusinghe, Thillakaratne etc. Plus the likes of Muralitharan, Atapattu were emergin youngsters. And they had some wins under their belt by then, not to mention a few more draws and respectable losses.

However, Bangladesh being in the Test arena seriously affect the quality of Test cricket. Test cricket isn't, and shall not be, for the faint hearted. It shouldn't be easy, but the sad truth is Test cricket with Bangladesh is in fact very easy. You know one way or the other you are going to win - seldom it gets difficult. Hence, every stats analysis has to be done 'Excluding Bangladesh' and 'Excluding Zimbabwe' which tells a story. If their performance is not worthy of considering when stats analysis is done, then they are surely not worthy of palying Test cricket.

What are your thoughts?

Imteaz
June 21, 2010, 02:18 AM
Million Dollar Question!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I think we were supposed to get the status after 4-5 years later, during 2003/04. Our improvement could be accelerated.

We got the status easily so we never realize the value of it. Still our Board do not know what to do to run a test Team. A person like Lotus Kamal can be the board president where he doesn't know about cricket and cricket manner. Alas!!!!!!!!!

Amra Shob Kichuke Onek Shosta Banie Felechi. Actually Amra Nijerai Onek Shosta.

Finally, this discussion is irrelevant now. I haven't read or see anywhere in recent past that ICC is thinking about it. If they think than we should discuss.

Nasif
June 21, 2010, 02:23 AM
Disallowing test cricket doesn't buy anything. Thats not the solution.

If you have headache, you don't chop off your head.

ma_o_mati
June 21, 2010, 02:30 AM
we got test status in 2000 and you post this thread in 2010...so if you know math then thats 10.

we been playing test only for 1o yrs. whereas other countries are playing for 30, 40 or 50 yrs...

with 160 million people and a growing economy Bangladesh is the next India of cricket...from a business point of view ICC need Bangladesh...overtime the quality will improve too...in 3/4 years when we have 3/4 tamim iqbal, the world be aware...

finally, its been only ten years...arguement ends there...don't gimme that crap that in these ten yrs we have played more tha sl or nz....it's still ten years...

bd is way better than zim in tests and very close to full strength west indies...if we can sort our bowling department we can climb up the ladder before you blink your eyes...

ma_o_mati
June 21, 2010, 02:41 AM
when icc gave us test statues, they should've given another country like kenya test status at the same time...then we would've seen how much progress each made

and then all these bs would've stopped...now everyone brings either srilanka or nz...well that was a different time and now is a different time...

shakibrulz
June 21, 2010, 02:50 AM
Yawn.

The One
June 21, 2010, 02:50 AM
Still all my points stand, don't they?

Bangladesh was never ready for Tests when they got it in 2000, but they got it as a result of a ridiculous power struggle. At the time India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka were in an alliance and wanted more power at the ICC and that's why they encouraged and helped Bangladesh to get Test status. Then they were left helpless on the big stage.

The point is, 'we will be good in few yeras' has been sung by many for years now. Yes I brought it up after 10 years for a reason - to show that they aren't worthy of playing at the highest level and it in general affects the level of Test cricket. Sad as it may seem, a Bangladesh tour has come down to other teams as a good opportunity for players who lost form to get back in form. It's not about if you'd win, it's a matter of when and who will win it for you, when it comes to touring nations.

As I said, stats analysis are done almost always excluding Bangladesh. Thta says a story. Bangladesh, in my opinion, need to strengthen domestic cricket, and tour other countries as A team more often. That, alongside with good balanced wickets - batting on flat tracks aren't going to help. If you bat on flat tracks and still lose what chances do you have on bowler friendly tracks.

I firmly believe that Bangladesh is still not up to Test cricket.

The One
June 21, 2010, 02:51 AM
Should Pakistan and Windies be stripped off their test status?

Not Pakistan, but Windies are a cause for concern. However they still are ahead of Bangladesh by a mile.

badguy
June 21, 2010, 03:14 AM
we got test status in 2000 and you post this thread in 2010...so if you know math then thats 10.

we been playing test only for 1o yrs. whereas other countries are playing for 30, 40 or 50 yrs...

with 160 million people and a growing economy Bangladesh is the next India of cricket...from a business point of view ICC need Bangladesh...overtime the quality will improve too...in 3/4 years when we have 3/4 tamim iqbal, the world be aware...

finally, its been only ten years...arguement ends there...don't gimme that crap that in these ten yrs we have played more tha sl or nz....it's still ten years...

bd is way better than zim in tests and very close to full strength west indies...if we can sort our bowling department we can climb up the ladder before you blink your eyes...
Actually ZIm improved a lot in 90s than what BAn are doing right now.They even won a test v IND.They had bats like Andy Flower,Houghton & Murray Goodwin.I don't see a single batsman in BAN ATM who got that quality.ZIM also had bowlers like Heath Streak,Olonga & Paul Strang.Shahadat Hossain has shown some talent & Shakib is a smart operator for BAN.

Can't say BAN are close to WI full team who got Gayle,Chanderpaul,Sarvan & Bravo.BAN batsman are good at performing disastrous collapses after getting up to good positions.Compared to SL & ZIM,BAN development has been very disappointing.

al Furqaan
June 21, 2010, 03:17 AM
It's been 10 years since Bangladesh arrived at the Test arena, and they are yet to score a Test win against major Test nation. Forget the wins against depleted sorry as Zimbabwe teams or the 3rd grade WI teams they played recently. Only in few occasions they even managed to salvage a satisfactory draw even in home conditions. If they needed to improve they had all the resources, not to mention opportunities but they are no where near being a credible Test nation in my opinion.

Yes they have a few upset wins under their belt in ODIs, even in major tournaments like WC, but does that really suffice? Test cricket is where you are really tested, where just one brillian performance is not enough to win a match. If it is your day you can win an ODI, but not a Test. If you are to win a Test you need more than just one 'your days' if you know what I mean. Bangladesh so far has failed miserably.

given the timing of this thread, i'm inlined to calling it "knee jerk".

as such, you would be more justified to question Bangladesh's ODI status. we have not competed in an ODI match in a long time.

as for Test status, 3 of our last 4 tests were pushed well into the 5th day. In fact, here are our last 4 opening stands during the tour to England - where all Subcontinent teams struggle to bat in early season conditions: 88, 185, 126, and 2. the average of those is 100.25...and if you remove the outlier, is 133. Pakistan will play 4 tests in England soon, in mid summer conditions, if they can fail to do significantly better, should we advocate them losing test status too?

put another way: South Africa, England, Australia, and West Indies have all lost multiple tests by an innings since January 2009. Bangladesh has only lost one out of 10 tests, with only two of those being against "WI 3rd string". Even India has lost by an innings at least once in that time span.

In fact, check out the numbers from this recent thread, and you will see that the recent 18 months Bangladesh Test performance hasn't been totally bad comapred to say India when they started playing. (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=1161071&postcount=1)

You shouldn't compare Bangladesh with Zimbabwe because just when they were developing into a good team with the likes of Flower brothers, Heath Streak and some other good players, the politics intevened and that was the end of Zimbabwe cricket. So we never know where they would have been in now if it wasn't the case. However I believe they too should be disallowed. If you really need to compare, the rightful comparison would be with Sri Lanka, the last Test nation before Bangladesh and Zimbabwe arrived. They were a far FAR better team 10 years into Test cricket than Bangladesh is today. In early 90's they had a very good team compared to this Bangladesh team, the likes of Ranatunga, De Silva, Mahanama, Gurusinghe, Thillakaratne etc. Plus the likes of Muralitharan, Atapattu were emergin youngsters. And they had some wins under their belt by then, not to mention a few more draws and respectable losses.

no one is disputing the merit of Sri Lanka, or even the merit of the original zimbabwe side. we're not even disputing the fact that bangladesh didn't really deserve to be there back in 2000.

but now in 2010, the test team is showing fight not just at home, but abroad as well. they pushed a test to 5 days in NZ and in England. just compare the 2005 england tour to the one from 2010 and you will see what strides are being made. In 2004, even a brilliant 158* from Ashraful failed ot prevent India winning by an innings. In 2010, we lost 7 wickets for 22 runs, and India still couldn't win by an innings, albeit they declared in the first innings, but thats besides the point.

and do you really think the Flower brothers would still be playing now? and even if they were, Andy would probably so old that he'd suck more than Ashraful.

However, Bangladesh being in the Test arena seriously affect the quality of Test cricket. Test cricket isn't, and shall not be, for the faint hearted. It shouldn't be easy, but the sad truth is Test cricket with Bangladesh is in fact very easy. You know one way or the other you are going to win - seldom it gets difficult. Hence, every stats analysis has to be done 'Excluding Bangladesh' and 'Excluding Zimbabwe' which tells a story. If their performance is not worthy of considering when stats analysis is done, then they are surely not worthy of palying Test cricket.

this is a product of the inherent eccentricities of cricket.

The Detroit Lions have been the laughing stock of the National Football League for quite some time now. Do you think Chris Berman filters them out when trying to calculate Adrian Peterson's rushing average on Inside the NFL? I don't think so.

Inzimam scored a grand total of one Test century against the premier team of his era, Australia. Does this mean he is not a good Batsman?

Sachin Tendulkar has the shoddiest of 4th innings averages of any modest batsmen, does this mean he is not worthy to bat in the 4th innings?

if you dissect the numbers, you can prove anything. no one is saying bangladesh are a powerhouse. but we should at least give them a chance, especially when the corner is just starting to be turned.

The One
June 21, 2010, 03:26 AM
given the timing of this thread, i'm inlined to calling it "knee jerk".

as such, you would be more justified to question Bangladesh's ODI status. we have not competed in an ODI match in a long time.

as for Test status, 3 of our last 4 tests were pushed well into the 5th day. In fact, here are our last 4 opening stands during the tour to England - where all Subcontinent teams struggle to bat in early season conditions: 88, 185, 126, and 2. the average of those is 100.25...and if you remove the outlier, is 133. Pakistan will play 4 tests in England soon, in mid summer conditions, if they can fail to do significantly better, should we advocate them losing test status too?

put another way: South Africa, England, Australia, and West Indies have all lost multiple tests by an innings since January 2009. Bangladesh has only lost one out of 10 tests, with only two of those being against "WI 3rd string". Even India has lost by an innings at least once in that time span.

In fact, check out the numbers from this recent thread, and you will see that the recent 18 months Bangladesh Test performance hasn't been totally bad comapred to say India when they started playing. (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=1161071&postcount=1)

no one is disputing the merit of Sri Lanka, or even the merit of the original zimbabwe side. we're not even disputing the fact that bangladesh didn't really deserve to be there back in 2000.

but now in 2010, the test team is showing fight not just at home, but abroad as well. they pushed a test to 5 days in NZ and in England. just compare the 2005 england tour to the one from 2010 and you will see what strides are being made. In 2004, even a brilliant 158* from Ashraful failed ot prevent India winning by an innings. In 2010, we lost 7 wickets for 22 runs, and India still couldn't win by an innings, albeit they declared in the first innings, but thats besides the point.

and do you really think the Flower brothers would still be playing now? and even if they were, Andy would probably so old that he'd suck more than Ashraful.

this is a product of the inherent eccentricities of cricket.

The Detroit Lions have been the laughing stock of the National Football League for quite some time now. Do you think Chris Berman filters them out when trying to calculate Adrian Peterson's rushing average on Inside the NFL? I don't think so.

Inzimam scored a grand total of one Test century against the premier team of his era, Australia. Does this mean he is not a good Batsman?

Sachin Tendulkar has the shoddiest of 4th innings averages of any modest batsmen, does this mean he is not worthy to bat in the 4th innings?

if you dissect the numbers, you can prove anything. no one is saying bangladesh are a powerhouse. but we should at least give them a chance, especially when the corner is just starting to be turned.

Some very good and sensible points.

However, you've said what really I wanted to tell. Bangladesh come up with some good, even brilliant performances. Those opening stands you've shown are good examples. However, as I said, one good performance, one good stand don't win you Tests - they will win T20s or ODIs for you but not Tests. You need to hang on for 5 days with good performance to win which is what Bangladesh fails to do.

Your stats about dragging the match to 5th day doesn't really say the story as if you see, even if they dragged it for the 5th day they still were clearly gonna lose. The result of those Test were quite obvious from days 3 or 4 weren't they?

The One
June 21, 2010, 03:28 AM
when icc gave us test statues, they should've given another country like kenya test status at the same time...then we would've seen how much progress each made

and then all these bs would've stopped...now everyone brings either srilanka or nz...well that was a different time and now is a different time...

Are you serious? Making the problem doubled? LOL

badguy
June 21, 2010, 03:35 AM

However, you've said what really I wanted to tell. Bangladesh come up with some good, even brilliant performances. Those opening stands you've shown are good examples. However, as I said, one good performance, one good stand don't win you Tests - they will win T20s or ODIs for you but not Tests. You need to hang on for 5 days with good performance to win which is what Bangladesh fails to do.

Your stats about dragging the match to 5th day doesn't really say the story as if you see, even if they dragged it for the 5th day they still were clearly gonna lose. The result of those Test were quite obvious from days 3 or 4 weren't they?
Yeah that's the point.It's very one sided even if it goes to the 5th day.

Lolz at that proposal of giving BAN & Kenya both test status.

The One
June 21, 2010, 03:37 AM
Yeah that's the point.It's very one sided even if it goes to the 5th day.

Lolz at that proposal of giving BAN & Kenya both test status.

If anything I guess the two-tier Test system is good. At least that gives opportunity of not having so one sided games.

badguy
June 21, 2010, 03:42 AM
If anything I guess the two-tier Test system is good. At least that gives opportunity of not having so one sided games.
I'd agree to a two-tier test championship.BAN is sadly degrading the quality of test cricket ATM.

al Furqaan
June 21, 2010, 04:38 AM

true, but the main point is that most of the improvements have come in the past 18 months. i think its not only wrong to call for BD to lose their test status, but too late as well. calls were quite valid before 2008, when forget 5th day, we rarely saw 4th days.

Miraz
June 21, 2010, 04:45 AM
The One, get your facts right mate!! West Indies ahead of Bangladesh by a mile?

Take last 10 Test matches played as the benchmark to get the latest situation.

West Indies
<table class="engineTable"><caption>
</caption><thead><tr class="head"> <th class="left" nowrap="nowrap">
</th> <th title="playing span" class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Span</th> <th title="matches played" nowrap="nowrap">Mat</th> <th title="matches won" nowrap="nowrap">Won</th> <th title="matches lost" nowrap="nowrap">Lost</th> <th title="matches tied" nowrap="nowrap">Tied</th> <th title="matches drawn" nowrap="nowrap">Draw</th> <th title="win/loss ratio" nowrap="nowrap">W/L</th> <th title="average runs per wicket" nowrap="nowrap">Ave</th> <th title="average runs per six balls" nowrap="nowrap">RPO</th> <th title="highest team score" nowrap="nowrap">HS</th> <th title="lowest completed score" nowrap="nowrap">LS</th> </tr></thead></table>
<table class="engineTable"><tbody><tr class="data1"><td class="left">filtered</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>10</td> <td>0</td> <td>7</td> <td>0</td> <td>2</td> <td>0.00</td> <td>28.14</td> <td>3.30</td> <td>544</td> <td>102</td> <td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
That's 7 losses in 10 matches with 2 draws and 1 no result with batting average 28.14

Bangladesh

</th> <th title="playing span" class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Span</th> <th title="matches played" nowrap="nowrap">Mat</th> <th title="matches won" nowrap="nowrap">Won</th> <th title="matches lost" nowrap="nowrap">Lost</th> <th title="matches tied" nowrap="nowrap">Tied</th> <th title="matches drawn" nowrap="nowrap">Draw</th> <th title="win/loss ratio" nowrap="nowrap">W/L</th> <th title="average runs per wicket" nowrap="nowrap">Ave</th> <th title="average runs per six balls" nowrap="nowrap">RPO</th> <th title="highest team score" nowrap="nowrap">HS</th> <th title="lowest completed score" nowrap="nowrap">LS</th> </tr></thead></table><table class="engineTable"><tbody><tr class="data1"><td class="left">filtered</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>10</td> <td>2</td> <td>8</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0.25</td> <td>28.11</td> <td>3.29</td> <td>419</td> <td>123</td> <td>
Played 10 Tests Won 2 with a batting average of 28.11.

West Indies miles ahead? Really??

Imteaz
June 21, 2010, 05:01 AM
Kothin Obostha Dekhi.

badguy
June 21, 2010, 05:07 AM

Against 2nd string WI team,is it?

Equinox
June 21, 2010, 05:19 AM
Test cricket is the only format where we are even competitive these days.

Baundule
June 21, 2010, 05:27 AM
I would love to see much more improvement of our team; but what we have done so far should be enough to play test matches.

On a related note, IMO a person that understands and loves cricket will be more interested in bringing in new forces to the cricket world than chopping the heads here and there. The main difference between football and cricket is their governing bodies, FIFA and the ICC. The snob ICC is doing nothing to spread cricket, they are simply destroying new possibilities of making cricket popular in exchange of the temporary benefit of the BCCI, the ECB and the CA.

Kesh24
June 21, 2010, 05:49 AM
I agree with The One. Bangladesh doesn't deserve to play test cricket. Until they win Odis consistently and prove that they are good enough they shouldn't be allowed to play. A once in a blue moon good performance is not enough. Atm they just can't cope with test cricket. Its the plain truth. Test cricket should be played by the best out of the lot and Bangla is not one of them. Even WI is a concern but they are at least ahead of Bangla. All they do most of the time is make test matches boring and predictable most of the time. See what happend in England. Just not good enough. Its not right to bring down the value of test cricket by playing crappy cricket.

The One
June 21, 2010, 06:57 AM

West Indies
</th> <th title="playing span" class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Span</th> <th title="matches played" nowrap="nowrap">Mat</th> <th title="matches won" nowrap="nowrap">Won</th> <th title="matches lost" nowrap="nowrap">Lost</th> <th title="matches tied" nowrap="nowrap">Tied</th> <th title="matches drawn" nowrap="nowrap">Draw</th> <th title="win/loss ratio" nowrap="nowrap">W/L</th> <th title="average runs per wicket" nowrap="nowrap">Ave</th> <th title="average runs per six balls" nowrap="nowrap">RPO</th> <th title="highest team score" nowrap="nowrap">HS</th> <th title="lowest completed score" nowrap="nowrap">LS</th> </tr></thead></table>
<table class="engineTable"><tbody><tr class="data1"><td class="left">filtered</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>10</td> <td>0</td> <td>7</td> <td>0</td> <td>2</td> <td>0.00</td> <td>28.14</td> <td>3.30</td> <td>544</td> <td>102</td> <td>
That's 7 losses in 10 matches with 2 draws and 1 no result with batting average 28.14

Bangladesh

</th> <th title="playing span" class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Span</th> <th title="matches played" nowrap="nowrap">Mat</th> <th title="matches won" nowrap="nowrap">Won</th> <th title="matches lost" nowrap="nowrap">Lost</th> <th title="matches tied" nowrap="nowrap">Tied</th> <th title="matches drawn" nowrap="nowrap">Draw</th> <th title="win/loss ratio" nowrap="nowrap">W/L</th> <th title="average runs per wicket" nowrap="nowrap">Ave</th> <th title="average runs per six balls" nowrap="nowrap">RPO</th> <th title="highest team score" nowrap="nowrap">HS</th> <th title="lowest completed score" nowrap="nowrap">LS</th> </tr></thead></table><table class="engineTable"><tbody><tr class="data1"><td class="left">filtered</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>10</td> <td>2</td> <td>8</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0.25</td> <td>28.11</td> <td>3.29</td> <td>419</td> <td>123</td> <td>

I have my facts right, but do you? Those two wins are against a 3rd grade (not even 2nd) WI side. And look at the manner in which WI lost and Bangladesh lost. WI at least comes up with commendable performance some times while when Bangla plays, it is obvious after a day or two that they are going to lose. Only, when will they lose is the question.

The One
June 21, 2010, 06:58 AM
I would love to see much more improvement of our team; but what we have done so far should be enough to play test matches.

On a related note, IMO a person that understands and loves cricket will be more interested in bringing in new forces to the cricket world than chopping the heads here and there. The main difference between football and cricket is their governing bodies, FIFA and the ICC. The snob ICC is doing nothing to spread cricket, they are simply destroying new possibilities of making cricket popular in exchange of the temporary benefit of the BCCI, the ECB and the CA.

The whole point I was making was that you shouldn't bring in new teams to the top level just because. That degrades the level of Test cricket. Test cricket is supposed to be hard, and for that a level should be maintained. A country shouldn't be let in if it is not ready which is obviously the case here.

Miraz
June 21, 2010, 07:07 AM
I have my facts right, but do you? Those two wins are against a 3rd grade (not even 2nd) WI side. And look at the manner in which WI lost and Bangladesh lost. WI at least comes up with commendable performance some times while when Bangla plays, it is obvious after a day or two that they are going to lose. Only, when will they lose is the question.

3rd grade or 2nd grade? Really?

Kemar Roach
David Bernard
Travis Dowlin
Nikita Millar
Dave Riochards
Darren Sammy
Ryan Hinds

All plyed Test matches for West Indies after that series. Only 4-5 leading players are missing, rest of them now make the the first XI of west Indies Test/ODI team.

Anyway, Bangladesh was competitive in most of the Test matches except the last one at Old Trafford. Check the scorecards before posting please.

If Bangladesh is rubbish in Test cricket, current West Indies is equally rubbish.

The One
June 21, 2010, 07:16 AM

Kemar Roach
David Bernard
Travis Dowlin
Nikita Millar
Dave Riochards
Darren Sammy
Ryan Hinds

All plyed Test matches for West Indies after that series. Only 4-5 leading players are missing, rest of them now make the the first XI of west Indies Test/ODI team.

Anyway, Bangladesh was competitive in most of the Test matches except the last one at Old Trafford. Check the scorecards before posting please.

If Bangladesh is rubbish in Test cricket, current West Indies is equally rubbish.

Well, head over to cricinfo and see how WI are playing their ongoing Test match. When did the Bangladesh put up a fight like that last?

I never said that WI is a very good team atm, but they are loads better than Bangladesh when in their full strength.

Miraz
June 21, 2010, 07:24 AM
Well, head over to cricinfo and see how WI are playing their ongoing Test match. When did the Bangladesh put up a fight like that last?

I never said that WI is a very good team atm, but they are loads better than Bangladesh when in their full strength.

Did they manage to take the lead? Check Bangladesh's last Test series against England at home and New Zealand at home and away. You will get the idea.

What happened in the last Test? Did WI perform anything better than Bangladesh? IMO, far worse at home.

Tiger444
June 21, 2010, 07:41 AM
WI isn't very good in test cricket at the moment but their definitely way ahead of us..I'm not saying our test status should be taken away but WI is a much better test side..I was really hoping we could see that match up because then we could have compared but at least it got us the wins..even against that WI side we didn't win 2 convincingly..remember that team was picked about 2 days before the test match and they still bundled us out for 238..and took the lead in both innings..lets say our players take a strike and then we have 2 rush and make a squad..do you think we could even compete with Zimbabwe? I highly doubt it..also WI beat England in a 5 test series and even beat them by an innings..when could we ever do that? Also WI was in reaching distance against Australia for the win in 1 test..also WI beat SA in their own conditions..these comparisons of WI is just crazy..here we only won 3 tests in our lifetime and we're comparing ourselves 2 the WI? Let's win 1st before we compare ourselves 2 the WI..

Shade
June 21, 2010, 07:42 AM
Did they manage to take the lead? Check Bangladesh's last Test series against England at home and New Zealand at home and away. You will get the idea.

What happened in the last Test? Did WI perform anything better than Bangladesh? IMO, far worse at home.

Bangladesh's first three match Test series.

http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/series/293428.html

Results like this validates what One is saying.

Shade
June 21, 2010, 07:45 AM
If Bangladesh is rubbish in Test cricket, current West Indies is equally rubbish.Nobody is disputing the fact of them being rubbish.

badguy
June 21, 2010, 07:46 AM

Kemar Roach
David Bernard
Travis Dowlin
Nikita Millar
Dave Riochards
Darren Sammy
Ryan Hinds

Lol they were very much rookies when they played that series v BAN.

Miraz
June 21, 2010, 07:52 AM
Bangladesh's first three match Test series.

http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/series/293428.html

Results like this validates what One is saying.

Again wrong. Bangladesh's first 3 match Test series was against Paksitan. Bangladesh should have won the Multan Test and played neck to neck in the other Test back 2003.

Shade
June 21, 2010, 07:55 AM
Again wrong. Bangladesh's first 3 match Test series was against Paksitan. Bangladesh should have won the Multan Test and played neck to neck in the other Test back 2003.

Err...

I think you missed the point.

Peace !

Ajfar
June 21, 2010, 07:56 AM
Lol they were very much rookies when they played that series v BAN.

darren sammy is a rookie? When did you start following cricket? yesterday.

al Furqaan
June 21, 2010, 08:01 AM

in england just a cuople of weeks ago.

they were 185-0 and 126-0...and then the rains came in everything changed. oh, and the light is never offered to BD batsman, they came back in 3-4 times. the very next day, when surprise, surprise England was batting, bright and sunny conditions, play called off 7 overs before the scheduled close of play. in the same conditions the WI would have struggled. don't forget the WI wickets aren't what they used to be in decades past, they are very flat and subcontinental. a BD team muhc weaker than the current bunch (with no-namers like mushfiqur RAHMAN, tapash baisya, and hannan sarkar) also piled up runs and drew a match in 2004 in St Lucia. once the west indies draw with south africa and the ball is moving around then we can talk.

the fact is that every team is suited to the conditions that favor them, no team is immune. bangladesh may be more vulnerable, but like i've said, now is not the time to pull the plug.

if there is so much concern about the integrity of test cricket these issues should have come a few years ago when there was no sign of improvement.

The One
June 21, 2010, 08:22 AM
in england just a cuople of weeks ago.

they were 185-0 and 126-0...and then the rains came in everything changed. oh, and the light is never offered to BD batsman, they came back in 3-4 times. the very next day, when surprise, surprise England was batting, bright and sunny conditions, play called off 7 overs before the scheduled close of play. in the same conditions the WI would have struggled. don't forget the WI wickets aren't what they used to be in decades past, they are very flat and subcontinental. a BD team muhc weaker than the current bunch (with no-namers like mushfiqur RAHMAN, tapash baisya, and hannan sarkar) also piled up runs and drew a match in 2004 in St Lucia. once the west indies draw with south africa and the ball is moving around then we can talk.

the fact is that every team is suited to the conditions that favor them, no team is immune. bangladesh may be more vulnerable, but like i've said, now is not the time to pull the plug.

if there is so much concern about the integrity of test cricket these issues should have come a few years ago when there was no sign of improvement.

185-0 and then what? You guys are missing the point. Bangladesh have some decent players. Sakhib is one real talent. Tamim guy also seems to be real good. The problem is apart from those rare individual talents they never perform consistantly as a unit which is what matters. As I said, they'd be 200-1 and 260 all out before you know it. Or, if you put up a good total in the first innings, they don't have the ability to do the same in hte second. Or they'd restrict the opposition for a low score in the first but let htem get away in the second. They just aren't good enough. Sad but true.

Nafi
June 21, 2010, 08:33 AM
Not Pakistan, but Windies are a cause for concern. However they still are ahead of Bangladesh by a mile.

:floor: what a moron

The One
June 21, 2010, 08:36 AM
:floor: what a moron

Are you?

badguy
June 21, 2010, 10:14 AM
darren sammy is a rookie? When did you start following cricket? yesterday.
Ask that from yourself.:-p
I don't think he has even played 14-15 tests up to now.

Tintin
June 21, 2010, 10:32 AM
No personal attacks, please

As mod.

badguy
June 21, 2010, 10:52 AM
What's happening? they played first 30 overs of an ODI like the way they should play a test.BAN cricket needs an attitude adjustment.

Imteaz
June 21, 2010, 11:23 AM
Bhalo. :)

mishu
June 21, 2010, 11:40 AM
The top order decided not to let the middle order bat today,,, lol

Roni_uk
June 21, 2010, 11:40 AM
No .. Test is fine. Bangladesh should be disallowed to play ODI.

aniksh1
June 21, 2010, 11:41 AM
Yeah...

lamisa
June 21, 2010, 12:03 PM
i am sorry but i think that u are clearly missing a point here.we have been improving greatly in test matches recently,taking the game to the 5th day and all that though we are on the losing streak.however,even the better sides nowadays used to be in similar positions like ours during their early days,then they started to take the game for drwas and then eventually wins.we are just in the process so please have a bit more patience

Imteaz
June 21, 2010, 12:15 PM
Rate of improvement is very slow. Somehow we are travelling on a circle. Play some good matches and get back to the old position. Why? That is the concern.

I think the reason is niether Siddons nor players. The problem is within board. Somehow our players do not have any team spirit.

fishyguy
June 21, 2010, 12:37 PM
They should not play test. First they need to show that they can beat A teams and domestic sides consistently and then get test status.

Dilscoop
June 21, 2010, 12:39 PM
Not after the way we played today, if we can play test like that then we should just play test. But i doubt they will do this in test. They will go ODI in test..

bujhee kom
June 21, 2010, 02:02 PM
Of course Bangladesh should play Test cricket, where else will you find 150 million of viewers, and there is clear signs that we are improving, it's just not quick enough and in the process we are seeing nonstop negetive match results. What does Asia Cup - One Day Failure have anything to do with Test cricket or First Class matches? We need to play more and more test matches and 4 days First Class matches, period.

Kesh24
June 22, 2010, 12:48 AM
I think Bangla cricket is ****. They should be banned from ODIs too. Wonder if this bangla team will be able win against Afganistan. They are much better i think.

The One
June 22, 2010, 12:49 AM
Of course Bangladesh should play Test cricket, where else will you find 150 million of viewers, and there is clear signs that we are improving, it's just not quick enough and in the process we are seeing nonstop negetive match results. What does Asia Cup - One Day Failure have anything to do with Test cricket or First Class matches? We need to play more and more test matches and 4 days First Class matches, period.

So Bangladesh should play Test because of 150 million viewers? OK then let's give the place to China - much more profitable. LOL

badguy
June 22, 2010, 12:53 AM
So Bangladesh should play Test because of 150 million viewers? OK then let's give the place to China - much more profitable. LOL

Lol yeah

The One
June 22, 2010, 12:54 AM
I think Bangla cricket is ****. They should be banned from ODIs too. Wonder if this bangla team will be able win against Afganistan. They are much better i think.

Lets organize a series between Bangladesh and Afgan lol

Bond
June 22, 2010, 12:57 AM
Bangladesh deserves to bedemoted and should compete against the associates. They lack International mentality in Test, Odis and T20s. Our players look like rakal cheles with an IQ lower than Lotus Kamal

badguy
June 22, 2010, 12:58 AM
Lets organize a series between Bangladesh and Afgan lol
Get rid of Iqbal & it's all Afghanistan Lol.
BAN needs an attitude adjustment.

Kesh24
June 22, 2010, 12:58 AM
No personal attacks, please

As mod.

Yo Tin Tin ... Snowy here. Bow wow. How long have u been watching cricket? How can i become a mod. I think i'm better than you. Snowy saved tintin's *** many times.

badguy
June 22, 2010, 01:00 AM
Bangladesh deserves to bedemoted and should compete against the associates. They lack International mentality in Test, Odis and T20s. Our players look like rakal cheles with an IQ lower than Lotus Kamal

Yeah that's what I've been saying.BAN needs an attitude adjustment.

The One
June 22, 2010, 01:03 AM
Yo Tin Tin ... Snowy here. Bow wow. How long have u been watching cricket? How can i become a mod. I think i'm better than you. Snowy saved tintin's *** many times.

Hehe Tin Tin you must listen to your pal.

badguy
June 22, 2010, 01:07 AM
BAN are the masters of performing funniest & most disastrous batting collapses.At times I enjoy BAN batting more than I enjoy a comedy movie:-p

Kesh24
June 22, 2010, 01:08 AM
And no ones looking forward to tht Ban vs Eng Odis . Everyone's bothered abt Aus vs Eng series. plus after that they watch football world cup. Who do u think gonna win Foot Ball World Cup. Foot Ball world cup ball this time arnd is not good. No one likes it. Master TinTin also could do with some new balls.

The One
June 22, 2010, 01:09 AM
BAN are the masters of performing funniest & most disastrous batting collapses.At times I enjoy BAN batting more than I enjoy a comedy movie:-p

LOL everyone call Pakistan about collapsing but Bangladesh surely outdo them.

Kesh24
June 22, 2010, 01:13 AM
LOL everyone call Pakistan about collapsing but Bangladesh surely outdo them.

That also comes down to the issue of balls. Bangla batsmen also dnt have good enough balls to face good bowling.

The One
June 22, 2010, 01:14 AM
That also comes down to the issue of balls. Bangla batsmen also dnt have good enough balls to face good bowling.

Muhahahah ball less Bangladesh batsmen? Good one.

badguy
June 22, 2010, 01:34 AM
Ashrafool is the biggest joker of them all

Kesh24
June 22, 2010, 01:42 AM
Ashrafool is the biggest joker of them all

he has two rotten tomatoes:-D

The One
June 22, 2010, 01:43 AM
he has two rotten tomatoes:-D

I doubt he even has them.

badguy
June 22, 2010, 01:57 AM
I doubt he even has them.
ball-less + brainless:lol:

al Furqaan
June 22, 2010, 02:05 AM
185-0 and then what? You guys are missing the point. Bangladesh have some decent players. Sakhib is one real talent. Tamim guy also seems to be real good. The problem is apart from those rare individual talents they never perform consistantly as a unit which is what matters. As I said, they'd be 200-1 and 260 all out before you know it. Or, if you put up a good total in the first innings, they don't have the ability to do the same in hte second. Or they'd restrict the opposition for a low score in the first but let htem get away in the second. They just aren't good enough. Sad but true.

i don't think anyone has said we're good enough, as in close to South Africa or Australia or India.

but that belies the improvements that have been made. two correct umpring calls in the tests against NZ and England earlier this year, and who knows...at least 2 draws would have been added to teh total, if not 2 wins. which is more than what "miles ahead" WI have managed so far this year.

reagardless, one can equally say the same thing about the opposition, sure england took 10-170 odd with drizzle in the air and failing sunlight, but what about before that when they went 0-185 when the conditions didn't quite suit them? no one is questioning whether steven finn, jimmy anderson, graeme swann, or tim bresnan should be bowling at test level, are they?

bottom line is i think this thread is 2 years too late, and as such, is in pretty bad taste. its like saying "india never win finals matches...so even if they qualify, they should not be allowed to play".

al Furqaan
June 22, 2010, 02:10 AM

not correct, look at the batting averages...28 for both, and if you take out the 3rd string WI side, our batting average will actually improve slightly.

bowling wise, WI aren't muich more penetrative, just pacier thats all. sakib is better than any WI bowler of the last decade - just check the average and econ rate.

al Furqaan
June 22, 2010, 02:19 AM
since December 20, 2008

Batting average = 33
Bowling average = 50 or 51

Bangladesh bat = 28
Bowling average = 53

so if by "miles" you mean inches, yes WI are "miles" ahead.

Imteaz
June 22, 2010, 02:36 AM
Bangladesh Jatio Shongshod. :)

mishu
June 22, 2010, 02:43 AM

my friend you thinking anything does not matter.. stop thinking please... The way our top order plays now is much better than at anytime in BD history... We just need whole team to click at once, and I am confident it will happen before the world cup 2011, as long as we keep the core players of the team around...

If we were so weak,, all these teams wouldn't field their full strength teams against us...

Hyro
June 22, 2010, 03:49 AM

that was against an almost WI B/C side... so excluding those I dont see whats there to boast about

How many matches have you won in 2010 ? Which includes All Tests, ODIs & T20s ? NONE... so with about 20+ matches in Total.. u haven't won a single one

If u guys cant even win aa single ODI or a T20 for about 6 months..how can you say that you are closer to a Full strength WI ? Thats just a joke....

Wishing is one thing...but the reality is backed up by performances..& the performance of your team has been the ultimate worst

I rally am angry because I am a supporter of your exiting team once... u were damn good to watch when batting.... not anymore.. I dont know man..some batsmen r better than before..but the performance as a team has gone down a lot.. specially in ODIs..so i have not much hope for Tests

shakibrulz
June 22, 2010, 04:00 AM
Windies would have collapsed much worse than Bangla if they play England at home now. Top order comprising Tamim, Imrul, Zunaed, and Jahrul is really good. The middle and lower order is totally out of form. That doesn't mean they should be stripped off test status.

shakibrulz
June 22, 2010, 04:07 AM
since December 20, 2008

Batting average = 33
Bowling average = 50 or 51

Bangladesh bat = 28
Bowling average = 53

so if by "miles" you mean inches, yes WI are "miles" ahead.

:lol:

This despite players like Gayle, Chanderpaul, Sarwan, etc

lamisa
June 22, 2010, 04:31 AM
Windies would have collapsed much worse than Bangla if they play England at home now. Top order comprising Tamim, Imrul, Zunaed, and Jahrul is really good. The middle and lower order is totally out of form. That doesn't mean they should be stripped off test status.

right!we have 4 solid openers in the team,now we just need the middle order to gel along with them

badguy
June 22, 2010, 11:18 AM
my friend you thinking anything does not matter.. stop thinking please... The way our top order plays now is much better than at anytime in BD history... We just need whole team to click at once, and I am confident it will happen before the world cup 2011, as long as we keep the core players of the team around...

If we were so weak,, all these teams wouldn't field their full strength teams against us...
That's the issue.When is that going to happen?
Gets a good start of 80-0 & few hours later BAN are 190 all out:great:

beshideshi
June 22, 2010, 01:37 PM

Not that I rate the Windies lowly, but if the Windies team was put into bat during the 3rd day of the Oval test[or the 2nd day, the gloomy one].....I am sure they would struggle to get to 150. And anyone, please don't bring the current[2nd test] test, the pitch is deader than a dinosaur that died a zillion years ago.

Tiger444
June 22, 2010, 02:59 PM
Not that I rate the Windies lowly, but if the Windies team was put into bat during the 3rd day of the Oval test[or the 2nd day, the gloomy one].....I am sure they would struggle to get to 150. And anyone, please don't bring the current[2nd test] test, the pitch is deader than a dinosaur that died a zillion years ago.

Well the Windies actually win test matches where we have just have won 3 matches..thats why people really don't question the Windies as much as us..I still rate them higher then us..we can't really say how they would do in gloomy conditions..the thing is we can say that the Windies played on a very dead track but could we still compile 500 runs? I highly doubt it..

Neel Here
June 22, 2010, 05:35 PM
Dear mod bhais, time is very hot right now, please do something about these 3 trolls

are you sure those are 3 trolls ? looks more like one troll with 3 ID's to me. :)

bujhee kom
June 22, 2010, 05:37 PM
^^Hhahaha dada, I thought the same too...hahaahah! Mod bhais, please jaal felen tarateri, Apnara jaale dhorle ami bhaji korum gorom tela koraie...!

The One
June 22, 2010, 08:06 PM
You are wrong, people. We are 3 different Gods who have come to show you the light of the day but alas, such is the inability of your team at cricket you deserve to be in the dark for eons to come. Farewell people, the God has spoken!

badguy
June 22, 2010, 10:40 PM
Trolls?:confused: You people are having brain explosions like BAN batsman.Such stupidity:-p Is this the way you treat new members?

Hyro
June 23, 2010, 05:01 AM
I'm not new..been here supporting Bangla for ages... until the match against pakistan that it is...

zainab
June 23, 2010, 06:57 AM
I still feel that the 2 tier system is the best way to go. Also, Bangladesh should play many 4 day FC matches against the top countries A team, this will give them mental strength to compete at test level. i feel it is still not too late for them to make a turn around.

BANFAN
June 23, 2010, 10:29 AM
NO.

I don't think someone has that power & intention to do so on performance ground. It's a weird idea. I think cricketing world/ICC should invest their energy to find out ways, how to make our improvement faster, if thats the problem.

I remember, wasim akram once interviewed our bowling coach in DW era, I forgot his name, he was a no namer in cricketing world. Wasim was quiet bad with his comments later. His was teasing the guy. It was clear that the coach knows very little to teach advanced skills to the bowlers, may be that's what we needed at that time to teach basics. But clearly, we need a bowling coach who could teach advanced skills to our bowlers. I think we are now ready for a coach like wasim/waker to teach our bowlers, how to york, swing, reverse etc that the bowlers can do it at will, like all the top bowlers of the world. Our bowlers also bowl swingers and reverses, but they don't do it, it just happens.

We (BCB) are always poor at picking good coaching staff. Or may be they don't want, bcoz a good/capable coach will not do their chamchami, neither share his responsibility with them.

Any way, slow or fast, good or bad coach....... improvement will happen with time and experience. We now have a much more competitive domestic cricket. Talents will flow in, passionate boys will come out naturally with time. So NO, disallowing is not an option. That won't help the cause of spreading cricket.

badguy
June 23, 2010, 12:56 PM
Any way, slow or fast, good or bad coach....... improvement will happen with time and experience. We now have a much more competitive domestic cricket. Talents will flow in, passionate boys will come out naturally with time. So NO, disallowing is not an option. That won't help the cause of spreading cricket.
But that will definitely help to keep the standard of test cricket.BAN are degrading the quality of test cricket ATM.:-D

badguy
June 23, 2010, 01:06 PM
I still feel that the 2 tier system is the best way to go. Also, Bangladesh should play many 4 day FC matches against the top countries A team, this will give them mental strength to compete at test level. i feel it is still not too late for them to make a turn around.
When is that going to happen???
SL defeated a full test team in 3 years.ZIM did it in 6.BAN are yet to do it after 10 & doesn't look like it's gonna happen in near future.

Neel Here
June 23, 2010, 01:25 PM
Hyro, you were not the subject of that discussion. ;)

bujhee kom
June 24, 2010, 12:02 AM
I am really sorry bhais and apas and mod bhais, I lost my cool yesterday here....I am really sorry, the young guys are just having fun, I now realized they didn't really say anyhting that bad, they are just being kids, kidding around....I am really sorry that this happens and we lose control over our emotion, my bad.

BANFAN
June 24, 2010, 07:18 AM
But that will definitely help to keep the standard of test cricket.BAN are degrading the quality of test cricket ATM.:-D

Quality doesnt grow in a tree. It has to come with time. Just like India has improved since mid/late 70s, before that it was more crap than BD at the moment. So have to allow time to the new comers to spread quality cricket. Quality won't come if the newcomers don't get to play with the test teams.

zainab
June 26, 2010, 07:33 AM
With the new FTP, i dont think that BD will play more than 4 test matches per year, and certainly Australia, India and England will not invite them, I think most of their test matches will be played at home,

Neel Here
June 26, 2010, 08:49 AM
Quality doesnt grow in a tree. It has to come with time. Just like India has improved since mid/late 70s, before that it was more crap than BD at the moment.

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

India till mid 70's i.e 31 Dec 1975
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=won;res ult=1;result=2;result=3;result=4;size=100;team=25; template=results;type=team
Team _____ Span ______ Mat ______Won ______ Lost ______ Tied ______ Draw ______W/L

India ___ 1932-1975 _____ 137 ______21_________ 56 ________ 0 _________60 _______0.37
these wins include away series wins against NZ and against the mighty West Indians comprising of players like loyd, kanhai and sobers.
for BD the equivalent would have been defeating ponting's aussie side in australia, we all know what actually happened there. ;)

BD till now
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=won;res ult=1;result=2;result=3;result=4;size=150;spanmax1 =31+Dec+1975;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results ;type=team
Team____________Span ________ Mat _______ Won _______ Lost _____ Tied ______ Draw ______ W/L
Bangladesh_____2000-2010 ______ 68 _________ 3 _________ 59 ________0 __________6 ________0.05
out of these 3 wins only one is against a decent zim side, other 2 against a 3rd string WI side.

okay, let's look at it from another angle,
India undefeated : 59% of the time
BD defeated : 87% of the time, 89% if you don't count the last WI series.

India won : 15% of the tests it played
BD won : 1.5% of the tests it played
that is 1/10 of the times India won. :D

conclusion : yes, India played crap, but nowhere near the crap BD plays.

lastly, I truly wish BD supporters like you would come out of their delusions about imagined poor performances of India and the need to compare to India for everything.

One World
June 26, 2010, 01:29 PM
I wish I had the liberty to create pitches according to my bowlers and get a nod from ICC, I also wish I had the power to alter umpires from their stubborn mis-belief of the better team deserves better attitude.

Then all those BS would have stopped instantly. Or do you think Sehwag can score back to back centuries in England?

Neel Here
June 26, 2010, 02:01 PM
it gets more and more pathetic by the day, back in the time we are discussing other than ECB and ACB all others were less than pariahs, NZ was treated better than the rest and that was that.

every country prepares pitches according to their bowling strength, remind me why WI produced bouncy pitches and england greentops ? ICC has nothing to do with it. and India has suffered its share of atrocious umpiring, as much if not more than BD has. our record would have been much better otherwise. even in 2008, when people like you believe BCCI owned ICC ( duh ! :rolleyes: )we would have won the series in australia if not for umpiring.

as for sehwag, he may or may not score back to back 100's in Eng but he averages 49 outside India, IOW yet another epic fail for you ! :D

One World
June 26, 2010, 02:08 PM
it gets more and more pathetic by the day, back in the time we are discussing other than ECB and ACB all others were less than pariahs, NZ was treated better than the rest and that was that.

every country prepares pitches according to their bowling strength, remind me why WI produced bouncy pitches and england greentops ? ICC has nothing to do with it. and India has suffered its share of atrocious umpiring, as much if not more than BD has. our record would have been much better otherwise. even in 2008, when people like you believe BCCI owned ICC ( duh ! :rolleyes: )we would have won the series in australia if not for umpiring.

as for sehwag, he may or may not score back to back 100's in Eng but he averages 49 outside India, IOW yet another epic fail for you ! :D

LOL.

So how did Sehwag earn such a good avg. Playing in Pak?
Was not there back to back friendship tours - trust me I have watched cricket in a plenty to be able to differentiate a bookie connection or not.

And "yet another epic fail" - when was the first one?

:outbad: :outbad:

Neel Here
June 26, 2010, 02:53 PM
LOL.

So how did Sehwag earn such a good avg. Playing in Pak?

or playing in australia, where he averages 59.50 :rolleyes:
that's epic fail #2. :smug:

but I'm sure you will come up with another pathetic lame *** reason to 'explain' that one too. I'm still not sure what this has got to do with India's performance before 1975 but never mind, logic was never the forte of people like you, so you are excused on that count.

Was not there back to back friendship tours - trust me I have watched cricket in a plenty to be able to differentiate a bookie connection or not.
yes, I'm sure you have enough hands-on experience with match fixing and betting to make that claim although you are wrong in this particular case. there hasn't been any such case in Indian cricket since 2000. probably the same is true for international cricket.

And "yet another epic fail" - when was the first one?
well, seeing that you just earned another one, how does it matter ?
you will keep notching them quickly enough for people to lose count.

as for my comment, I thought you had made the point about 1970's. not my fault really, you people(as in BC-ites like you who are thankfully a minority on BC) sound all the same with your silly logic and hyperactive imagination.

:outbad: :outbad: since you are not the owner of the board, nor a moderator, same to you !

One World
June 26, 2010, 03:10 PM
Keep leaving on zealots. What logic you are trying to say I am willing to deny? I had no logical disillusion about any of your post unless you came all over me with useless contradiction.

One World
June 26, 2010, 03:11 PM
But my question remains, I would hopefully live to see Sehwag's entire career and will concede if any of the Indian batsmen barring Tendy to score back to back centuries in England.

Neel Here
June 26, 2010, 03:19 PM
But my question remains, I would hopefully live to see Sehwag's entire career and will concede if any of the Indian batsmen barring Tendy to score back to back centuries in England.

let's say no one does, that would prove what exactly by your logic ?

One World
June 26, 2010, 03:23 PM
let's say no one does, that would prove what exactly by your logic ?

Which logic - what logic has to do anything with any of my posts? You may or may not like my comments, but going neat picking on my comment to invent logical disillusionment was silly on your part.

I never said Sehwag is not a good batsman, I never said India only makes pitches of their own favour. What the hell with you Indians? Why everything about cricket has to be about you? Why cannot there be a discussion which does not involve an Indian view?

godzilla
June 26, 2010, 03:48 PM
To the person who opened this thread, in a year or 2 or even months, West Indies will be asked the same question as you are posing to the bengladeshi cricket. Now if you ask me, WI have been playing cricket for decades and still laying one ahead of BD. That's a load of bull crap if you ask me. Compared to us who is playing cricket for not so long. Yes we suck at the current moment, but please ZIM and BD is trying their best to bounce back and WI is trying their best to throw away their test status.

Neel Here
June 26, 2010, 03:55 PM
Which logic - what logic has to do anything with any of my posts? You may or may not like my comments, but going neat picking on my comment to invent logical disillusionment was silly on your part.

:lol: this gets even better !
this is what you said
Originally Posted by One World
the automatic question is concede what ? and by what logic is that (as yet unknown) concession related to an Indian batsman getting back to back centuries ?
now you are telling me what logic and it was silly on my part to ask ? :floor: carry on my friend, you are mildly amusing.

What the hell with you Indians? Why everything about cricket has to be about you? Why cannot there be a discussion which does not involve an Indian view?
open your eyes, it's some BCites like you (let's maintain minimum decency and not say 'you bangladeshis', even if you won't return the favour) who bring in India at each and every unrelated issue. I just responded to some ignorant comments about Indian cricket.
Why everything about cricket has to be about you?
it is not and certainly no Indian on this board tries to pretend it is, most are happy to discuss BD cricket and leave Indian cricket to international cricket forum.

however, if you read posts of people like you it would seem India is the only cricket team worth thinking about ! :smug: so don't blame me, blame the people who bring in an inane comparison with India at every opportunity.

One World
June 26, 2010, 04:27 PM
Since you have already put me into a group I am unaware of being a member, the group of people seldom few you most chagrin I have nothing to argue further. I think you need to open your eyes wider than usual so it can let you keep your standard since joining, getting in a cock fight with me which had no specific base is the least expected act from you and making you sound more cocky. Did my question hurt your feelings - if not you are fine, if did then you are just the mere opposite of the people you are talking about or should I say trying to defend against.

nahaz
June 26, 2010, 08:09 PM
Neel Here, I personally think Sehwag is a batsman good enough for all pitches. He's a good batsman, tho not so good in manners.

Gambhir, however, is an absolute flat pitch bully. Against quality fast bowlers in bouncy/seaming pitches, he will always struggle. Your younger middle order batsmen (Raina and R.Sharma) are also pretty bad. It would be interesting to see how they go after Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Sehwag, Kumble all retire...I think your test team will be almost on par with Pakistan and New Zealand. I do however want to see a sub-continental team win the WC next year and don'tcare who it is..so best of luck.

As for Bangladesh, we deserve to keep playing tests..however, we need to get in the habit of trying to dominate every match, instead of always coming from behind..the admin..forget it. Us in the next WC, let's hope we believe in ourselves and go to the 2nd round again.

cricket_king
June 26, 2010, 08:30 PM
@ nahaz: I certainly don't think Gambhir is a flat-track bully. I've seen him play a very good innings in New Zealand's seaming conditions when India were facing a follow-on. I also feel he handles both seam and spin very well - you can't average 55 in tests by just being a flat-track bully.
Anyway, I don't see why we're discussing the Indian cricket team here, considering this is the "Bangladesh Cricket" section. Getting back on track: Lawl, why should we be disallowed from tests when it's the limited over formats we're failing horrendously at?

Neel Here
June 26, 2010, 11:25 PM
nahaz, trust me, India fans are terrified with the idea that the new bunch might not have the work ethics of the so-called fab 5 (Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman and Kumble). the talent is not the problem, we have enough talented batsmen. you probably haven't seen much of rohit sharma, he is the most talented bat since Sachin and Yuvi, if he can find his feet in international cricket he will end his career as a great, MMW.
calling gambhir a flat track bully is gross misrepresentation of facts, I will admit that he hasn't been tested in eng or aus yet but till now he has performed well against all bowling line-ups including the tour to NZ cricket king mentioned. kohli and murali vijay are the most hard working of the lot and they will improve with time, if they don't there are at least 6-7 guys with 50+ first class averages knocking on the door. btw, don't confuse the ODI specialists with test players, raina is the former, people are surprised that he has got a chance in SL test series.

coming to BD, all this talk of withdrawing test status is bunkum but from the team's recent antics I get the feeling what I thought was luck or lack of ability could well have been 'strategy' from the coach, shame really, because this team could have drawn at least 2-3 test matches this year alone.

aniksh1
June 26, 2010, 11:35 PM
We should be disallowed....

BANFAN
June 27, 2010, 03:13 AM

India till mid 70's i.e 31 Dec 1975
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=won;res ult=1;result=2;result=3;result=4;size=100;team=25; template=results;type=team

these wins include away series wins against NZ and against the mighty West Indians comprising of players like loyd, kanhai and sobers.
for BD the equivalent would have been defeating ponting's aussie side in australia, we all know what actually happened there. ;)

BD till now
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=won;res ult=1;result=2;result=3;result=4;size=150;spanmax1 =31+Dec+1975;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results ;type=team

out of these 3 wins only one is against a decent zim side, other 2 against a 3rd string WI side.

okay, let's look at it from another angle,
India undefeated : 59% of the time
BD defeated : 87% of the time, 89% if you don't count the last WI series.

India won : 15% of the tests it played
BD won : 1.5% of the tests it played
that is 1/10 of the times India won. :D

lastly, I truly wish BD supporters like you would come out of their delusions about imagined poor performances of India and the need to compare to India for everything.

I am talking about the standard of cricket you play and what you are talking is relative to other teams. Standard of todays cricket is much higher than that used to be in 70s. So completely different perspective.

I know what India was at that time. You may be an Indian premik, but No need to put such incompareable stats to undermine BD players.

FYI India and Pakistan ae two countries they will always come into comparison to our everything, because we share the same root. You don't need to oppose everytime, when India comes into comparison.

al Furqaan
June 27, 2010, 03:38 AM

not exactly sure why, as a Bengali, you are putting your eggs with India over Bangladesh. put another way, the average Bengali, nay all Bengalis - have as much to do with Indian legends like Gavaskar and Tendulkar (marathas), Dravid and Laxman (south Indians), Zaheer and Bhajji, not to mention Bedi, Kapil, Srinath, Kumble, Amarnath, Merchant, Hazara, Sehwag, Gambhir, Nisar, and Dhoni - as Bangladeshis have to do with Hanif Mohammad and any other Pakistani of any era. which is, from a purely cricketing sense, absolutely nothing. if you being, Bengali, can claim the laurels of a Sachin, than why can't we do the same, also as Bengalis, given that the imaginary line drawn between Maharastra and Bangladesh is no thicker than the one drawn between Mumbai and Kolkata?

i've dug up a number of stats. if we disregard the first 20 years of Indian test cricket - which were pretty bad, no better than NZ's first years and even SL won a test much quicker - than we should be able to disregard BD's first 8 years at the least too.

and if we neglect those 8 years, BD's performance isn't a very long stone's throw away from those first 20 years of Indian cricket (which are usually accepted to be "decent" enough). and thats not to mention that India struggled heavily as recently as the 1990s.

Neel Here
June 27, 2010, 09:21 AM
not exactly sure why, as a Bengali, you are putting your eggs with India over Bangladesh. put another way, the average Bengali, nay all Bengalis - have as much to do with Indian legends like Gavaskar and Tendulkar (marathas), Dravid and Laxman (south Indians), Zaheer and Bhajji, not to mention Bedi, Kapil, Srinath, Kumble, Amarnath, Merchant, Hazara, Sehwag, Gambhir, Nisar, and Dhoni - as Bangladeshis have to do with Hanif Mohammad and any other Pakistani of any era. which is, from a purely cricketing sense, absolutely nothing. if you being, Bengali, can claim the laurels of a Sachin, than why can't we do the same, also as Bengalis, given that the imaginary line drawn between Maharastra and Bangladesh is no thicker than the one drawn between Mumbai and Kolkata?

I don't doubt for a moment that you don't understand ! :D I wouldn't expect you to.
likewise I don't understand the rationale why you (your older generations I mean) had to divide the country on the basis of religion, something that couldn't even prevent you(again, I mean the earlier generations) from being butchered en masse by the compatriots of the same political movement within 25 years. In spite of that a large number of bangladeshis continue to support pakistan, in cricket matches and elsewhere. that too, I don't understand.
therefore, I admit there's a lot 'we' don't understand. ;)

you are correct about the cricketers, sachin is a marathi, bhajji a punjabi, laxman an andhraite, dravid a kannada while ganguly (and myself) are bengalis and all those identities together (along with others) make up the Indian identity, with all our differences and all of our considerable similarities(which you seem to be completely ignorant about).
I've as much claim on sachin as a marathi does, you don't because you don't consider yourself to be an Indian, as simple as that.
I'm an Indian first and a bengali second and that doesn't stop me from being as proud and more knowledgeable than most chest-thumping champions of bangali culture I find among bangladeshis, who don't know their jibonando from their bishnu deys ! ;)
you yourself can't read bangla can you ? mind, this is not a knock, just an observation.

lastly, don't you think it's a bit late to start divide and rule in the 21st century ? :D I can of course come up with similar comments about barishalis and sylhetis and so on, would you agree that they shouldn't support each other ? ;)

i've dug up a number of stats. if we disregard the first 20 years of Indian test cricket - which were pretty bad, no better than NZ's first years and even SL won a test much quicker - than we should be able to disregard BD's first 8 years at the least too.
yup, the first 20 years of a country ravaged by 200 years of foreign rule, wanton famines, later partition, no funding from the govt, matches played once every 2-3 years and sometimes after ten year gaps and so on.
that is so similar to a country that rules itself for 29 years, is stable with no pressing large scale calamity to worry about and a decent if not extensive infrastructure in place.
they are almost identical in all respects don't you think ? :rolleyes:
point is, you can't dissociate a country's sporting abilities completely from its socio-economic conditions. while we are at it, why don't we compare how India fared in the 8 years following its 29 years of independence i.e 1966 ?
even then the performances are not quite similar to BD and I have read your statistics about over rates in the past.

and if we neglect those 8 years, BD's performance isn't a very long stone's throw away from those first 20 years of Indian cricket (which are usually accepted to be "decent" enough). and thats not to mention that India struggled heavily as recently as the 1990s.
struggled heavily, yes, played poorly, yes, worse than bangladesh or as bad as bangladesh, no.
and I don't understand why you have to bring up spurious analysis to justify this ridiculous claims. I am not hesitant to acknowledge that sri lanka played much better on debut than us. there's no shame in admitting that.

Neel Here
June 27, 2010, 09:23 AM
I am talking about the standard of cricket you play and what you are talking is relative to other teams. Standard of todays cricket is much higher than that used to be in 70s. So completely different perspective.

I know what India was at that time. You may be an Indian premik, but No need to put such incompareable stats to undermine BD players.

FYI India and Pakistan ae two countries they will always come into comparison to our everything, because we share the same root. You don't need to oppose everytime, when India comes into comparison.
good, more bogus theories.

cricket nowadays is of a higher standard ? :timeout: says who ? you ?

you said India were worse than BD in that era, clearly as the stats show it was NOTHING like that, so you have to invent newer and more fantastic theories to prove otherwise.

I am talking about the standard of cricket you play and what you are talking is relative to other teams. Standard of todays cricket is much higher than that used to be in 70s. So completely different perspective. unless you can get the Indian team of 70's to play the current BD team comparison with other teams is the ONLY way to judge how good these teams were.
pray tell me what method of analysis you have used to come to the following conclusions :
a) standard of cricket was lower back then compared to now
b) the standard of Indian cricket back then was lower than bangladesh.

I'll be waiting to hear your detailed and incisive analysis that must have gone into this astounding set of conclusions. :)

One World
June 27, 2010, 10:32 AM
What a thread it has come out to be???? We are playing poor cricket because Nehru and Jinnah decided that they will have their countries with borders of their own likings.

Penumbra of theories plummeting over flocculates of imagination - save the politics. It is just a game.

One World
June 27, 2010, 10:33 AM
What is next - a hedonistic visualization of cricket dominance.

Neel Here
June 27, 2010, 11:30 AM
when the question is asked about why a bengali (nay an Indian)should support a marathi or a punjabi(other Indians) it's the question itself that is political. the answer has to follow suit.

once again, don't blame me, if you have to blame, blame the one who started it ! ;)
cheers !

al Furqaan
June 27, 2010, 03:09 PM
I don't doubt for a moment that you don't understand ! :D I wouldn't expect you to.
likewise I don't understand the rationale why you (your older generations I mean) had to divide the country on the basis of religion, something that couldn't even prevent you (again, I mean the earlier generations) from being butchered en masse by the compatriots of the same political movement within 25 years. In spite of that a large number of bangladeshis continue to support pakistan, in cricket matches and elsewhere. that too, I don't understand.
therefore, I admit there's a lot 'we' don't understand. ;)

the examples of external threats bridging internal conflicts is present in every society and at every epoch in history. witness George Bush's 9/12 approval rating of 90%. i'll just leave it at that for now.

you are correct about the cricketers, sachin is a marathi, bhajji a punjabi, laxman an andhraite, dravid a kannada while ganguly (and myself) are bengalis and all those identities together (along with others) make up the Indian identity, with all our differences and all of our considerable similarities(which you seem to be completely ignorant about).
I've as much claim on sachin as a marathi does, you don't because you don't consider yourself to be an Indian, as simple as that.

i'm sure the founding fathers of Shiv Sena would disagree to that since Marathas are allegedly superior to Indians of other ethnicities.

I'm an Indian first and a bengali second and that doesn't stop me from being as proud and more knowledgeable than most chest-thumping champions of bangali culture I find among bangladeshis, who don't know their jibonando from their bishnu deys ! ;)

my interest in Bengali culture waxes and wanes depending on the particular mood i'm in.

you yourself can't read bangla can you ? mind, this is not a knock, just an observation.

the American public school system didn't offer bangla as a course.

lastly, don't you think it's a bit late to start divide and rule in the 21st century ? :D I can of course come up with similar comments about barishalis and sylhetis and so on, would you agree that they shouldn't support each other ? ;)

not valid, since baraishalis and sylhetis aren't distincit ethnicities, at least not clearly distinct. this is not the same as comparing Tamils and Rajasthanis, who have almost nothing in common, whether genetically or otherwise.

yup, the first 20 years of a country ravaged by 200 years of foreign rule, wanton famines, later partition, no funding from the govt, matches played once every 2-3 years and sometimes after ten year gaps and so on.
that is so similar to a country that rules itself for 29 years, is stable with no pressing large scale calamity to worry about and a decent if not extensive infrastructure in place.
they are almost identical in all respects don't you think ? :rolleyes:
point is, you can't dissociate a country's sporting abilities completely from its socio-economic conditions. while we are at it, why don't we compare how India fared in the 8 years following its 29 years of independence i.e 1966 ?
even then the performances are not quite similar to BD and I have read your statistics about over rates in the past.

a few fair points, although cricket was far better entrenched outside of East Bengal at all times and points in history. i wouldn't argue along the lines of infrastructure, however. BD's first first class league didn't start till 2000-01 season. Before most if not all domestic cricket was of the limited overs variety. Indian domestic cricket, no matter how shabby by modern day standards, still existed, and existed solely in the 3-day format - since ODIs hadn't been invented yet.

struggled heavily, yes, played poorly, yes, worse than bangladesh or as bad as bangladesh, no.
and I don't understand why you have to bring up spurious analysis to justify this ridiculous claims. I am not hesitant to acknowledge that sri lanka played much better on debut than us. there's no shame in admitting that.

i've never said India struggled as badly as Bangladesh. I've said that India's early struggles were not much better than how BD have done the past 18 months or so. its like comparing the West Indies of today, with the West Indies of Lara's final years: not a whole world of difference.

Neel Here
June 27, 2010, 04:19 PM
the examples of external threats bridging internal conflicts is present in every society and at every epoch in history. witness George Bush's 9/12 approval rating of 90%. i'll just leave it at that for now.

this going way beyond the limits of this forum, but what was the external threat you speak of ? it wasn't the british because ML enjoyed full support of the british. none of the ML leaders were fighting against british rule, they were all rich land-owners. it wasn't the other religionists of India, lest you forget India continues to have a larger muslim population than either pak or BD. the ML leaders were mostly interested in safeguarding their elitist existence, the real mass leaders from the muslim community like Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan were in congress who supported neither the partition nor the creation of pakistan.

i'm sure the founding fathers of Shiv Sena would disagree to that since Marathas are allegedly superior to Indians of other ethnicities.
how do the comments from a bunch of neanderthals matter ? they represent marathis as much as razakars represent bangladeshis.

this is what Sachin says btw, for which he was severely criticised by shiv sena.
http://news.rediff.com/report/2009/nov/16/thackeray-criticises-sachin-over-remark-on-mumbai.htm
"Mumbai belongs to India. That is how I look at it. And I am a Maharashtrian and I am extremely proud of that, but I am an Indian first," said Tendulkar you might also have noticed the little tiranga on his helmet that he kisses every time he gets a 100, something for which he had to take special permission from the government. ;)

my interest in Bengali culture waxes and wanes depending on the particular mood i'm in.
my point was that bangali culture is an inherent part of the larger Indian culture, not something dissimilar to it.

the American public school system didn't offer bangla as a course. I understand completely, it's your choice. although I do know people in situations not dissimilar to yours who can read and write bangla.

not valid, since baraishalis and sylhetis aren't distincit ethnicities, at least not clearly distinct. this is not the same as comparing Tamils and Rajasthanis, who have almost nothing in common, whether genetically or otherwise.
my dear friend, I do know much difference there is between those communities, especially in language. in europe that is enough reason to form a different country ! ;)
yet, that is not the case here is it ?
the genetic argument is where you go completely off target, it is genetics that has conclusively proved that there are no discernible differences between the various south Indians and north Indians, barring the tribal communities, the racist theories of aryans and dravidians notwithstanding. other than a few intellectual fossils with colonial hang-ups and some non-academic televengelists from the bible belt, all serious academics would be embarrassed to say that (s)he 'believes' in a genetic divide in India's population.
you once again betray your ignorance of the many similarities that exist between the regional cultures of India(even the two you mentioned). this is not the place for that discussion, if you want I can elucidate on that somewhere in FC.

a few fair points, although cricket was far better entrenched outside of East Bengal at all times and points in history. i wouldn't argue along the lines of infrastructure, however. BD's first first class league didn't start till 2000-01 season. Before most if not all domestic cricket was of the limited overs variety. Indian domestic cricket, no matter how shabby by modern day standards, still existed, and existed solely in the 3-day format - since ODIs hadn't been invented yet.
by infrastructure I did not mean just cricketing infrastructure, the modern marvels of communication mean a lot for example. agree with your post in general.

i've never said India struggled as badly as Bangladesh. I've said that India's early struggles were not much better than how BD have done the past 18 months or so. its like comparing the West Indies of today, with the West Indies of Lara's final years: not a whole world of difference. you didn't, someone else did. your posts have been usually factual and logical (although you do give in to mindless eendia bashing sometimes :D ) and hence a pleasure to read.
cheers !

Murad
June 27, 2010, 04:37 PM
Guys please stop this India Bangladesh jhogras. this is really annoying. I see the same jhogras in almost all the threads.

We should accept that we are crap as a team and we are just above the associates if not equal.

bujhee kom
June 27, 2010, 06:04 PM
Guys please stop this India Bangladesh jhogras. this is really annoying. I see the same jhogras in almost all the threads.

We should accept that we are crap as a team and we are just above the associates if not equal.

I totally agree with Murad bhai here! Comon bhais, for BC's sake and goodness' sake, please stop the quarell. I know you guys very well, on a different day you all will be very good friends and on many other things you would agree on.

Just like Murad bahi said, "We(BD) should accept that we are crap as a team and we are just above the associates if not equal" and I will add to that about India is that India is enormous in a Bangladeshi cricket enthusiast's (my eyes) eyes in Cricket history, heritage, milstones and culture. That's the truth and a very real fact.

Why fighting over nothing when we all can have some aloo bhaji and chom chom bhais, please!

Love is the answer bhais and apas, Love, not war!! Hey Humans, Love one another! Why doing bad/harm when good can be done bhais? If good can not be done then we should refrain ourselves from doing the harm/bad. Please remember bhais, any bad/harm done takes a very long time to heal and repair.

Tiger444
June 27, 2010, 06:19 PM
I agree with Javed bhai here..this has just gone too far and now it's gotta stop..I would understand if we are talking about cricket but you guys are bringing politics in to this which isn't necessary..the main fact is that we are still a team that's a level ahead of the associates and a level or 2 behind the test playing nations..unfortunately we are still stuck to the minnow tag and unless we beat teams in ODIs regularly then we will still be labeled as minnows whether we like it or not..India is way ahead of us and they are a top test playing nation..in my book they are top 4 in the world and have a lot of world class players..I think what ICC should do is a 2 tier system and we should drop down to the level of the other associates until we can prove that we can beat the test teams..I know people want to see us playing top level teams but I much rather play other minnows and beat them then get walloped by test teams..the 2009 schedule I thought was good for us..this year we're just not ready to play this many games against test teams..this kind of schedule should come in 2-3 years at least..well let's see what happens in the future with us..

Neel Here
June 27, 2010, 06:46 PM
Javed bhai, age chom chom den, tarpor kotha ! :-p
anyway, this was no jhogra, just some friendly banter but we did go way off topic. :blush:

the main fact is that we are still a team that's a level ahead of the associates and a level or 2 behind the test playing nations you are completely, utterly-butterly wrong, this is what the influence of a person like siddons does to the best of fans, he has convinced you that this team is not good enough. :doh: HE IS WRONG !

I've seen this team fight it out with the best of oppositions until the last round, in test matches. that is where real quality shows, if you can play tests well which BD have, you should be able to play any other form of cricket. the difference was made by the lack of self-belief, with it came absolutely stupid defensive field placements that let the opposition off the hook time and again and with it came the lack of fighting spirit shown by the batsman.
it's all in the mind, simple skills wise BD is already at the stage zim were when they were giant killers, back in the 90's. it's the attitude that you got to fix.

you tell me, how many people can motivate themselves to "go and play your natural game, it's not that you can win or something but still since we are here we might as well play some cricket" :rolleyes:
no wonder the BD batsman fall like ninepins under pressure.

Tiger444
June 27, 2010, 09:03 PM
Javed bhai, age chom chom den, tarpor kotha ! :-p
anyway, this was no jhogra, just some friendly banter but we did go way off topic. :blush:

you are completely, utterly-butterly wrong, this is what the influence of a person like siddons does to the best of fans, he has convinced you that this team is not good enough. :doh: HE IS WRONG !

I've seen this team fight it out with the best of oppositions until the last round, in test matches. that is where real quality shows, if you can play tests well which BD have, you should be able to play any other form of cricket. the difference was made by the lack of self-belief, with it came absolutely stupid defensive field placements that let the opposition off the hook time and again and with it came the lack of fighting spirit shown by the batsman.
it's all in the mind, simple skills wise BD is already at the stage zim were when they were giant killers, back in the 90's. it's the attitude that you got to fix.

you tell me, how many people can motivate themselves to "go and play your natural game, it's not that you can win or something but still since we are here we might as well play some cricket" :rolleyes:
no wonder the BD batsman fall like ninepins under pressure.

Talent wise, yes we can be up there with test teams but results wise we are still not with the test teams..we haven't won against a test team in any format in who knows how long..now do I think we can win games against test teams regularly? Of course we can, but the question is do we? In my opinion to be on the level of the test teams you have to beat them regularly or at least compete..I agree we are starting to compete more but its still hasn't been enough..

FagunerAgun
June 27, 2010, 09:08 PM
No, BD did well in Tests, they have a little bad patch in ODIs.
BD is going to stay in the world of Test.

zman
June 27, 2010, 09:30 PM
Best thing about the upcoming ODI series, the way Ozs are getting thrashed by the Brits, expectations will be very low and normally/historically that's when we tend to perform well.

wiseshah
June 28, 2010, 12:04 AM

another pakistani try to bring our cricket down. glad he is banned.

wiseshah
June 28, 2010, 12:11 AM
the one, bad guy and kesh 24 are the same person and trying to make their stupid point valid. Funny thing is they are all banned. another pakistani try to make look our cricket bad.

BANFAN
June 28, 2010, 12:26 AM
good, more bogus theories.

cricket nowadays is of a higher standard ? :timeout: says who ? you ?

you said India were worse than BD in that era, clearly as the stats show it was NOTHING like that, so you have to invent newer and more fantastic theories to prove otherwise.
unless you can get the Indian team of 70's to play the current BD team comparison with other teams is the ONLY way to judge how good these teams were.
pray tell me what method of analysis you have used to come to the following conclusions :
a) standard of cricket was lower back then compared to now
b) the standard of Indian cricket back then was lower than bangladesh.

I'll be waiting to hear your detailed and incisive analysis that must have gone into this astounding set of conclusions. :)

With the advent of innovative shots, Variations in Bowling, New strategies, Development of skills due to new formats (ODI/T20 etc), Developments in Bio metrics etc if the development of cricket is a Bogus theory. I would like to hear from you about your brilliant theory of deterioration of cricket. If you can, you deserve the chair of ICC president. They are rubbing their A$$ out for over half a century but failed to improve the standards of cricket, according to you.

And I compared BD team with Indian team until 70s and there was no mention of other issues. You took it to 'every where' and now trying to point finger to others. That was dumb, sorry no briliance in that.

We don't need to bring the past into present, to prove who was better. There are other ways of comparison. Even 70s legends of India (Sunny/Ravi/Amarnath ....) they accept it publicly that the standard of cricket as a game has improved over the years. If you want to call someone bogus, you need to present facts & ref or ask for explanations or explain yours to prove someone wrong, before you call someone bogus. Or you may just disagree. Otherwise u appear to be more bogus. Just a small suggestion for a bogus post.

And listen, even if some people does not like comparing India to BD (You are one) India will come into comparison with Bangladesh in every sphere of life, due to it's geo political realities. It's not me alone, even the UN reports of every department does it, when there is a need for comparing. They don't compare BD indicators with US/Europe, for understandable reason. So please don't get hyper whenever BD is compared to Ind, even if you don't like. India unfortunately can't change it's geo political realities. But off course I don't like blaming India for our problems; better treat your allergies against comparisons with BD.

lasith
June 29, 2010, 04:41 AM
BD has showen some kind of an improvement for the last 6 month or so, have to be patient with them.

SportsGuru
June 29, 2010, 06:52 AM
Well, I don’t think that Pakistanis will spoil up your cricket. Just take them as a source of encouragement because they are the legends and your neighbors indeed. All you need to do is to get some help from them because they got a very good cricket history. You can also go for some live cricket news to get to know your lapses. In my opinion, its not about some football update that you come to know about someone who tries spoiling your game. Game is always dependent upon the players who play it. Be positive man!

bujhee kom
June 29, 2010, 07:56 AM
Well, I don’t think that Pakistanis will spoil up your cricket. Just take them as a source of encouragement because they are the legends and your neighbors indeed. All you need to do is to get some help from them because they got a very good cricket history. You can also go for some live cricket news to get to know your lapses. In my opinion, its not about some football update that you come to know about someone who tries spoiling your game. Game is always dependent upon the players who play it. Be positive man!

This is really great stuff! I love you Guruji mamujan! Bhais, kaane dhorsi!!

akabir77
June 29, 2010, 08:14 AM
1. clearly you don't follow bangladesh games. you are just looking at stats.
2. if not for ASHOKA we have had a win away before ENDIAAAA in a foreign country.
3. When Endiaaaa and NZ took 26+ years to win a test why are getting bombarded with this questions? remind you that at that period they had their own umpires who would blindly support the host team where as we have these so called elite umpires who supports blindly the strong teams.
4. How long it take you to produce (India) a good pace all rounder? we produced one in our first couple of years?
5. how long have you been playing cricket but who has the youngest test century?

Lastly we played very bad in recent ASIA cup because our players were made to play straight from UK to SL. do you know how many practice matches English team plays before they play ODI/test in SL? so don't just judge us blindly. don't just attack us here. if you don't have better things to do then watch world cup instead of coming here and trying your BSh$$$t...

al-Sagar
June 29, 2010, 08:31 AM
1. clearly you don't follow bangladesh games. you are just looking at stats.
2. if not for ASHOKA we have had a win away before ENDIAAAA in a foreign country.
3. When Endiaaaa and NZ took 26+ years to win a test why are getting bombarded with this questions? remind you that at that period they had their own umpires who would blindly support the host team where as we have these so called elite umpires who supports blindly the strong teams.
4. How long it take you to produce (India) a good pace all rounder? we produced one in our first couple of years?
5. how long have you been playing cricket but who has the youngest test century?

Lastly we played very bad in recent ASIA cup because our players were made to play straight from UK to SL. do you know how many practice matches English team plays before they play ODI/test in SL? so don't just judge us blindly. don't just attack us here. if you don't have better things to do then watch world cup instead of coming here and trying your BSh$$$t...

:100: maire disen ... ....

lamisa
June 29, 2010, 10:49 AM
I totally agree with Murad bhai here! Comon bhais, for BC's sake and goodness' sake, please stop the quarell. I know you guys very well, on a different day you all will be very good friends and on many other things you would agree on.

Just like Murad bahi said, "We(BD) should accept that we are crap as a team and we are just above the associates if not equal" and I will add to that about India is that India is enormous in a Bangladeshi cricket enthusiast's (my eyes) eyes in Cricket history, heritage, milstones and culture. That's the truth and a very real fact.

Why fighting over nothing when we all can have some aloo bhaji and chom chom bhais, please!

Love is the answer bhais and apas, Love, not war!! Hey Humans, Love one another! Why doing bad/harm when good can be done bhais? If good can not be done then we should refrain ourselves from doing the harm/bad. Please remember bhais, any bad/harm done takes a very long time to heal and repair.

:notworthy:

nahaz
June 30, 2010, 07:55 AM
This was the knee-jerk thread of the year, opened about our TEST status after a ODI match was badly lost. How is it still going?

We deserve to play it...we do however also deserve to have the right to have better adminstrators at the BCB. This is not some fuchka shop that these ppl are running...why don't they go back to running the street shops and gangs where they belong?

lamisa
July 1, 2010, 06:10 AM
This was the knee-jerk thread of the year, opened about our TEST status after a ODI match was badly lost. How is it still going?

We deserve to play it...we do however also deserve to have the right to have better adminstrators at the BCB. This is not some fuchka shop that these ppl are running...why don't they go back to running the street shops and gangs where they belong?

mahbubul anam is not that bad!

nahaz
July 2, 2010, 08:42 AM
mahbubul anam is not that bad!

I was trying to point to the president...I thought Anam also resigned. Current board just does not function. You can have the best of people, but there's enough unskilled people running it that even the best cannot do anything. I believe its lack of skills rather than corruption that's the reason for this misfunctioning. The corruptionis in the hiring, and the resistance in hiring, particular people at the top.

Only a new board with new ceo can do it. What position is/was Anam in anyway?

Tanvir703
July 2, 2010, 12:47 PM
Yes. Actually, they've been doing better in tests recently then ODIs and T20s.

Wellll.....Except the last test they played...

lamisa
July 3, 2010, 04:39 AM
I was trying to point to the president...I thought Anam also resigned. Current board just does not function. You can have the best of people, but there's enough unskilled people running it that even the best cannot do anything. I believe its lack of skills rather than corruption that's the reason for this misfunctioning. The corruptionis in the hiring, and the resistance in hiring, particular people at the top.

Only a new board with new ceo can do it. What position is/was Anam in anyway?

i think he is the vice president or something,he's still there

simon
July 3, 2010, 10:54 AM
not only disallowing to play Tests but the way we r playing ODIs we better be disallowed to play ODIs ,

Better not play than getting humiliated.

lamisa
July 4, 2010, 04:52 AM
ishshshsh,ami jodi bd cricketerder gaale koyekta chor boshay diye ashte partam,ki je shanti lagto tahoile!

BANFAN
July 4, 2010, 05:16 AM
ishshshsh,ami jodi bd cricketerder gaale koyekta chor boshay diye ashte partam,ki je shanti lagto tahoile!

Chor khele jodi khelar unnoti hoto, they would line up behind to to have it.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
July 4, 2010, 11:43 AM
The question was " Should Bangladesh be disallowed to play test cricket?"

Answer according to me is ...Yes they should be...Aar valolaagey na years er por years wait kortey...

Awla
July 8, 2010, 12:55 PM
The question was " Should Bangladesh be disallowed to play test cricket?"

Answer according to me is ...Yes they should be...Aar valolaagey na years er por years wait kortey...

HAHA eto hotas hoe gele hoi na....

But your answer is right bro...
Bangladesh should be disallowed to play test cricket temporarily for about 3-4 years like Zimbabwe..
What BCB should do is to arrange 1/2 4-Day matches with the A-teams in every foreign tour..then their performances should be brought under observation to decide whether they are worthy of playing test or not