PDA

View Full Version : Shakib and Umar Amin's run-out

al Furqaan
June 21, 2010, 05:31 AM
absolutely disgusted...umar amin had clearly completed the run...totally unsportsmanlike, and hence he joins Latif, Ross taylor, and Brendon Mccullum, his fellow brothers of deceit.

shala para na bowl korte...cheat kore wicket niye match tao harbe.

Equinox
June 21, 2010, 05:34 AM
He needs to go. Simple as that.

Miraz
June 21, 2010, 05:35 AM
I did not see what happened. Asaad, can you please explain what heppened as I could not get an clear idea from either match thread or cricinfo.

Equinox
June 21, 2010, 05:39 AM
I did not see what happened. Asaad, can you please explain what heppened as I could not get an clear idea from either match thread or cricinfo.
This was a carbon copy incident of what happened to Shakib in Australia. Remember Shakib completed the run and then went across to speak to Tamim and Watson whipped the bail off? However in that case the umpire saw the whole thing and called ball before Watson could appeal. But Shakib here, seeing the whole thing called for the replay when it was clear that Amin was not running and at the end he decided not to call him back. Mahmudullah should share the blame as well.

hbk619
June 21, 2010, 05:45 AM
who gives a ****...amader timea prottek team kono na kono kichu kore, so as umpires. ekhon amra kichu korlei spirit of the game noshto..oi noshto shei noshto

Miraz
June 21, 2010, 05:47 AM
Shameful act by Shakib. He should be stripped off the captaincy. Remember Rafique? We could have won the Test match against Pakistan at Multan. He was a true sportsman and called Umar Gul Back.

al Furqaan
June 21, 2010, 05:48 AM

Amin completed the run, but was walking parallel to the crease as riyad was bowling over the wicket. happened to just take his bat off the ground as riyad whipped the bails off. riyad was unaware of Amin's action...he was just whipping the bails off reflexively. shakib saw the whole thing and appealed.

hence riyad is innocent, as he did not appeal, now was he even aware of the situation.

shakib cheated although he didn't actually break any rules like Afridi or Latif.

MohammedC
June 21, 2010, 05:48 AM
No he did not cheat. He appealed and umpire gave him Out. I dont see anything wrong with that. Where as Latif and co claimed catch which was not.

al Furqaan
June 21, 2010, 05:53 AM
No he did not cheat. He appealed and umpire gave him Out. I dont see anything wrong with that. Where as Latif and co claimed catch which was not.

its whats called legal cheating or fair play by way of technicality. it is NOT what the rule makers had in mind when they wrote the rules. not very different than a murderer who walks free because his lawyer gets a key piece of evidence inadmissible to the jury.

and 100 wickets for shakib....well bowled and congrats.

does he really need to cheat?

Nadim
June 21, 2010, 05:55 AM
Cheat??

hahaha

Reminds me of Rashid Latif & B. McCulam....

Neel Here
June 21, 2010, 05:58 AM
sorry, change the rules if it is legal cheating, add a clause that the umpires can decide whether the batsman was going for a run or not.

as long as the rule stays as it is, shakib is 100% justified in what he did. I've seen murali, sehwag dismissed like this, nobody raised a finger. what's so special about umar amin all of a sudden ?

Purbasha T
June 21, 2010, 06:00 AM
Alright people. Get over it! Shut the ''sportsmanship'' button.

The stumps got broken when the bat was in the air, and so he's OUT. Shakib didn't claim a catch which wasn't a catch, or something like that. There's no cheating on his part. You're there to win a game, and not ''allow'' your opponents chances there.

Though I agree (as I said in the match thread), we did take a mick on Watson when he had tried to run out in a similar incident. However, I don't think any of us would have complained had Shakib been given out in that case. However, at least in that one Shakib took permission from the umpire on his way out of the crease.

al-Sagar
June 21, 2010, 06:00 AM
how many times we have seen shakib given out unfairly in NZ and then back at home against england ????

Nadim
June 21, 2010, 06:03 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Mk74srFVb4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Mk74srFVb4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Thank you Nafi.

al-Sagar
June 21, 2010, 06:06 AM
thats not cheating.

shakib saw it and asked the umpires.

now on field umpires could have not called the 3rd umpire. and also 3rd umpire could have assessed the situation and gave it not out

crikss
June 21, 2010, 06:08 AM
its better version of what mcculam and latif did against us

Purbasha T
June 21, 2010, 06:12 AM
its better version of what mcculam and latif did against us

What are you on about? They claimed catches, which weren't catches. They din't even appeal or something. And just went on to determine themselves that they took the catches cleanly, when they (at least Latif, if not McCullum) knew for sure that those weren't catches.

Surfer
June 21, 2010, 06:15 AM
Not cheating, but certainly not the act of a fair sportsman.

Purbasha T
June 21, 2010, 06:25 AM
To be honest, some other day. I might've been talking in a different tone. But these days I'll take a wicket whatever way it comes, that's so desperate I am atm. :sigh: At least it's coming legal, and according to the rules.

And the thing (which I noticed later) that the batsman was just changing sides when he got out, makes me reconsider my position.

cricket_pagol
June 21, 2010, 06:33 AM
Not cheating, but certainly not the act of a fair sportsman.

I agree. It was not sportsman like, but he defenitely did not cheat. I think there is a difference.

frd
June 21, 2010, 06:36 AM
He has every right to apeal..that was not a cheating.the comiees didnt say anything lyk that.even ramiz raza said that amin's inexperience got him out.that was'nt cheat bcoz if there was an overthrow the batmans wouldhv taken a run of it. It is as simple as that.

shakibrulz
June 21, 2010, 06:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYZELkEmB1I

Ajfar
June 21, 2010, 06:41 AM
That is so not cheating.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

shakibrulz
June 21, 2010, 06:43 AM
Ball biting and Pitch tampering is what I call cheating. And anyone but pakis deserve to talk about fricken spirit of the game.

Tigers_eye
June 21, 2010, 06:46 AM
Cheat? Asaad you need to look at the definition of cheat. Why would Umar Akmal take it easy while playing? Was ball called? no. So I don't know what inspires you to call him a cheat. The third umpire cheated as well? Why have the rules then?

Comparing Shakib with Latif, McCullum is a slap in your own face. Over reaction perhaps.

al Furqaan
June 21, 2010, 07:14 AM
Cheat? Asaad you need to look at the definition of cheat. Why would Umar Akmal take it easy while playing? Was ball called? no. So I don't know what inspires you to call him a cheat. The third umpire cheated as well? Why have the rules then?

Comparing Shakib with Latif, McCullum is a slap in your own face. Over reaction perhaps.

OJ is also technically not a murderer since he wasn't convicted.

just because the rules of cricket are flawed, doesn't mean that shakib didn't not cheat.

the whole point of a run out is to catch a batsman between either crease. it penalizes slow running, poor calling, or both. it rewards sharp fielding. can you disagree?

this particular play saw neither slow running, bad calling, or sharp fielding. it was simple opportunism at its worst. it simply rewarded the exploitation of a loophole.

cricket_king
June 21, 2010, 07:17 AM
You guys are ridiculous. Cheating? Um, no. You're WRONG. The law says it's allowed. Get over it. Umar Amin is simply an idiot for not being more careful. Bringing your own player down for doing what he felt was necessary is pretty shameful itself.

lamisa
June 21, 2010, 07:30 AM
it's not cheating,really.if batsmen are allowed to take runs on misfields then fielders/bowlers should also be allowed to run them out on their careless approach.misfielding is an unintended mistake and so is "lifting the bat from the ground after completing the run"

al Furqaan
June 21, 2010, 07:34 AM
You guys are ridiculous. Cheating? Um, no. You're WRONG. The law says it's allowed. Get over it. Umar Amin is simply an idiot for not being more careful. Bringing your own player down for doing what he felt was necessary is pretty shameful itself.

well the law is wrong. and its not a first. only a jackass will refuse to acknowledge that the founders of the game didn't intend for such an action. if it happens enough times, i am sure that the law will be changed.

the laws of cricket also state that a ball that pitches outside leg cannot be given LBW. what about balls that pitch outside leg and DO go on to hit the stumps? shouldn't those be waived as well then? the law also says that impacts outside off cannot be given. what about balls that cut in a foot to nip the top of off? should those also be ignored?

suppose the laws of cricket don't mention claiming catches you didn't take? does this let rashid latif off the hook?

al Furqaan
June 21, 2010, 07:40 AM
it's not cheating,really.if batsmen are allowed to take runs on misfields then fielders/bowlers should also be allowed to run them out on their careless approach.misfielding is an unintended mistake and so is "lifting the bat from the ground after completing the run"

this is another flaw of the game, although this isn't really cheating or unfair except statistically. mistakes off misfields are fine as they are, but runs taken off of errant throws at the stumps should not be given as runs off the bat, and should also not be counted against the bowler. they should be filed under byes.

frd
June 21, 2010, 07:49 AM
Why r we opening threads lyk this. enough is enough.stop embarrassing us infront of the whole world by opening this kind of threads.we already have had enough .

Ajfar
June 21, 2010, 07:49 AM
Asaad bhai its not cheating. A batsman is out Run out if at any time while the ball is in play no part of his bat or person is grounded behind the popping crease and his wicket is fairly put down by the opposing side. how is that cheating?

revolver
June 21, 2010, 07:54 AM
dont think i hav ever seen a fair sportsman

frd
June 21, 2010, 08:01 AM
Why r we opening threads lyk this. enough is enough.stop embarrassing us infront of the whole world by opening this kind of threads.we already have had enough .

cricket_king
June 21, 2010, 08:07 AM
well the law is wrong. and its not a first. only a jackass will refuse to acknowledge that the founders of the game didn't intend for such an action. if it happens enough times, i am sure that the law will be changed.

the laws of cricket also state that a ball that pitches outside leg cannot be given LBW. what about balls that pitch outside leg and DO go on to hit the stumps? shouldn't those be waived as well then? the law also says that impacts outside off cannot be given. what about balls that cut in a foot to nip the top of off? should those also be ignored?

suppose the laws of cricket don't mention claiming catches you didn't take? does this let rashid latif off the hook?

The laws of cricket requires a catch be taken before it reaches the ground for it to actually be claimed a "catch". So Latif was punished for breaking the rules - cheating. Shakib simply took advantage of a batsmen whose incompetence got him out. There's nothing wrong with taking advantage of the opposition's carelessness.

Oh and for the record - do you honestly think that fans of an opposing team would point this out if one of their players were to do something similar? We have to constantly take this crap from opposition. It's pretty sad that when we give something back (which is actually LEGAL), the fans call it "cheating" and criticise their own boys. Instead of being the meek, weak-minded "bhalo manush" we Bangladeshis are identified as, we need to start being more aggressive, and stand behind our players.

al Furqaan
June 21, 2010, 08:09 AM
Asaad bhai its not cheating. A batsman is out Run out if at any time while the ball is in play no part of his bat or person is grounded behind the popping crease and his wicket is fairly put down by the opposing side. how is that cheating?

the ball was clearly not in play. check the live action and replay on espn3.

riyad whipped the bails off as a force of habit. a reflex. he wasn't even trying to get the batsman out, because as far as he knew - and it was correct - amin had completed teh run and had actually put his bat down beyond the crease...it was shakib who saw the whole thing and appealed.

i don't mind aggressiveness.

but where does that aggressiveness go when a wicket falls and a new batsman is at the crease? why does shakib chicken out? even when he's the bowler he doesn't back himself up. he's becoming more and more cowardly day by day. at the rate he's going, by summer's end he will be more meek than bashar and ashraful combined, and his batting average has already started tanking.

yes, the smiling assassin can now be affectionaly known as Mr "i average a whopping 2 more than ashraful in 2010".

he needs to be held accountable, instead of being falsely hailed as the greatest player the world has ever seen.

magic boy
June 21, 2010, 08:09 AM
I would be glad if the acquisition was against the whole team. they're cheating us playing crapiest cricket.http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/chat/img/emoticons/jealous.gif

_Rafi_
June 21, 2010, 08:23 AM
If it is cheating then what about all those decision which are not given out but batsman knows he nicked the ball. What was done by Shakib was with the full knowledge of umpire. Cheating is done without the knowledge as in case of catch-behind appeal, Rashid Latif, McCullum. Shakib's act was against the spirit of sports though.

Ajfar
June 21, 2010, 08:27 AM
the ball was clearly not in play. check the live action and replay on espn3.

Ok then go ask the third umpire why he gave that out. All he did was simply appeal for it. It was the umpire who decided weather it was out or not.

he needs to be held accountable, instead of being falsely hailed as the greatest player the world has ever seen.

who is here in this thread praising him as the greatest player the world has ever seen? I sure am not.

Nafi
June 21, 2010, 08:29 AM
Shameful act by Shakib. He should be stripped off the captaincy. Remember Rafique? We could have won the Test match against Pakistan at Multan. He was a true sportsman and called Umar Gul Back.

And who except us BD fans remember that, I curse Rafiqu for doing that, every day of my life.

Farhad
June 21, 2010, 08:47 AM
Definitely not cheating. We need to calm our heads down and try not to bash our players every opportunity we get. I remember some people claiming Shakib to be our national saviour not even two months ago, and now it has come to this.

This is what I was talking about the other day. Lets not take this game too personally. If they did something horiffic, or if they didnt try, i can see why some people would be upset, but lets not pretend the sky is falling and bash everyone in sight...

al Furqaan
June 21, 2010, 09:04 AM
Definitely not cheating. We need to calm our heads down and try not to bash our players every opportunity we get. I remember some people claiming Shakib to be our national saviour not even two months ago, and now it has come to this.

This is what I was talking about the other day. Lets not take this game too personally. If they did something horiffic, or if they didnt try, i can see why some people would be upset, but lets not pretend the sky is falling and bash everyone in sight...

if begging on street is deemed more worthy than earning your own keep, than sure.

cheaters and their supporters deserve exactly the humiliation that we are getting now.

just remember that much.

Baundule
June 21, 2010, 09:58 AM
[বাংলা]বাঙালির সবচেয়ে বড়ো সমস্যাগুলোর একটা হলো তার অতিথিপরায়ণতা। নিজের লোটাকম্বল বন্ধক দিয়ে হলেও সই, অতিথিপরায়ণতা করে যেতেই হবে। সাকিব যা করেছে পুরোপুরি খেলার নিয়মের মধ্যে থেকেই করেছে। কেউ ভিক্ষা চাইলে তাকে ভিক্ষা না দিলে যেমন সেটা কোনো অপরাধ না, নিয়মের মধ্যে থেকে আপিল করায় সাকিবেরও কোনো অপরাধ হয়নি। আমি বরং তাকে ধন্যবাদ দেই যে, সে দলের স্বার্থ আগে দেখেছে। থার্ড আম্পায়ারের মাধ্যমে সিদ্ধান্ত আসায় এই প্রমাণ আরো দৃঢ় হয় যে, সাকিবের আপিল ঠিক ছিলো।

সাকিবকে চীট বলা সাকিবের প্রতি অন্যায়। অনেকে আবার এই ঘটনাকে রশিদ লতিফের চুরির সাথে তুলনা করছেন!!! আমি তাদের বুদ্ধিমত্তায় মুগ্ধ। ব্যক্তিগতভাবে আমি লুজার তথাকথিত ভদ্রলোকের চেয়ে দলের জন্য আপোষহীন ক্যাপ্টেনকে মাথায় তুলে রাখবো।[/বাংলা]

MohammedC
June 21, 2010, 11:09 AM
[বাংলা]বাঙালির সবচেয়ে বড়ো সমস্যাগুলোর একটা হলো তার অতিথিপরায়ণতা। নিজের লোটাকম্বল বন্ধক দিয়ে হলেও সই, অতিথিপরায়ণতা করে যেতেই হবে। সাকিব যা করেছে পুরোপুরি খেলার নিয়মের মধ্যে থেকেই করেছে। কেউ ভিক্ষা চাইলে তাকে ভিক্ষা না দিলে যেমন সেটা কোনো অপরাধ না, নিয়মের মধ্যে থেকে আপিল করায় সাকিবেরও কোনো অপরাধ হয়নি। আমি বরং তাকে ধন্যবাদ দেই যে, সে দলের স্বার্থ আগে দেখেছে। থার্ড আম্পায়ারের মাধ্যমে সিদ্ধান্ত আসায় এই প্রমাণ আরো দৃঢ় হয় যে, সাকিবের আপিল ঠিক ছিলো।

সাকিবকে চীট বলা সাকিবের প্রতি অন্যায়। অনেকে আবার এই ঘটনাকে রশিদ লতিফের চুরির সাথে তুলনা করছেন!!! আমি তাদের বুদ্ধিমত্তায় মুগ্ধ। ব্যক্তিগতভাবে আমি লুজার তথাকথিত ভদ্রলোকের চেয়ে দলের জন্য আপোষহীন ক্যাপ্টেনকে মাথায় তুলে রাখবো।[/বাংলা]

Post of the thread.

mishu
June 21, 2010, 11:38 AM
some of you old mentality people needs to be out of a cricket forum of 2010...

simon
June 21, 2010, 11:45 AM
bullshit,emnei mejaj kharap tar moddhey ulta palta kotha.
u can't say this is cheating or disgraceful,it was clever & we badly needed wickets.In that case that
double bounced delivery by Ash to dismiss AB would be cheating too.
amader shomoy onnora cheating kore,this was in the rules as it was called out by the third umpire.

akabir77
June 21, 2010, 11:45 AM
300+ run er chappey shudho bangladesher batsmen der i matha kharap hoy nai fan dero hoisey. kothay cheating r kothay fair play... kothay lao r kothay kodu????

Imteaz
June 21, 2010, 11:49 AM
Anyone was in his situation would do the same.

Kabir
June 21, 2010, 11:58 AM
I didn't see anything wrong with what he did. It's legal. On the other hand, the batsman should have been more careful, and ensure that before the umpire calls it a ball...he doesn't leave the crease.

This is similar to Inzi's out when he batted a throw do the wicket.

So no point in calling Sakib a cheat. He did the right thing - and I like the fact that he got a bit cocky about it too.

Dilscoop
June 21, 2010, 12:28 PM
dont think i hav ever seen a fair sportsman

That's a joke?

This is what happened 1st. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87m2d6cV4F0

Few months later table turned, and this happened. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsznuSW-1Ug&feature=related

I remember Mashrafe collided with Amla, and he was willing to bring him back, but Ash gave him out. Next match he scored 150. or something..

al Furqaan
June 21, 2010, 12:29 PM
bullshit,emnei mejaj kharap tar moddhey ulta palta kotha.
u can't say this is cheating or disgraceful,it was clever & we badly needed wickets.In that case that
double bounced delivery by Ash to dismiss AB would be cheating too.
amader shomoy onnora cheating kore,this was in the rules as it was called out by the third umpire.

umm no, gues again. clever is playing fair and square. faak the gentleman's game...if you can sleep at night being a scoundrel go right ahead. but i won't get in bed with you.

double bounce delivery was NOT cheating because AB was aware of the situation...he played a dumb shot, when simply defending would have been fine.

Amin, could not have predicted such a backhand move...the umpire himself wasn't looking at Amin and his bat placement - dispproving all the gay talk of "dead ball" and all that other stuff. if it was a live ball, why was the umpire's not paying attention. further, Amin had actually completed the run.

if this had been shakib run out by afridi's appeal i'm sure everyone here would be complaining about unsportsmanlike conduct, if not outright cheating.

just because you can escape with a loophole doesn't mean its "not cheating".

magic boy
June 21, 2010, 12:32 PM
[বাংলা]অর্ডার! অর্ডার!!......সুতরাং প্রাপ্ত প্রমানাদী এবং উপস্থিত দর্শক-শ্রোতাবৃন্দের বর্নিত সাক্ষ্য ও যুক্তি গ্রহন সাপেক্ষে মাননিয় বাংলাক্রিকেট ফোরাম আদালত এই মর্মে স্বীদ্ধান্তে উপনিত হয়েছে যে, বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট দলের বর্তমান অধিনায়ক,বিশ্বনন্দ ত,তারকাখ্যাতি অর্জনপ্রাপ্ত খেলোয়ার জনাব সাকিব আল হাসান সম্পুর্নরুপে নির্দোষ। তাহার উপর আনিত অভিযোগ সত্য নহে। এবং তার কৃত কর্মে কোন প্রকার অখেলোয়াড় সূলোভ আচরন পরিলক্ষিত হয়নি। সেহেতু বিজ্ঞ আদালত তাহাকে বেখসুর খালাস ঘোষনা করলেন। [/বাংলা]

auntu
June 21, 2010, 12:58 PM
It was not a cheating. The batsman was careless.
Shakib appealed and the umpires gave him out.

Equinox
June 21, 2010, 02:10 PM
Cheating: No

Abusing the system: A big YES

Shakib lovers are too blind to acknowledge what has really happened. The same people would bark the loudest if it had happened to us. Shakib is definitely going down the wrong path. I have realised it. It will take Shakib lovers a bit longer to realise but he is certainly heading that way. In a few days time when he loses that No. 1 All-rounder ranking - his identity, what he has been living off, and believe you me that day is approaching fast - it will hit you that he is on the road to become another Ashraful.

bujhee kom
June 21, 2010, 02:13 PM
If what I have been reading here is true then I am definitely very much dissapointed and embarrassed by Shakib and Mahmudullah! I expected better judgement from them two at least.

We all know we couldn't have won the match at that point of time by cheating. So why do it, why tainting something that was clean and clear, we can't get any result from that. SO it is always better NOT to. And Rashid Latif or Jack or Tom, whoever else cheated, so what, we move on, we don't dwell on that, and we shouldn't walk that path, that is not the right, clear way, we know only bad things will come out of such things even in far future! So we need to stay clean ourselves.

Hatekrew
June 21, 2010, 07:09 PM
Yeah and Rafique should've done what he didn't do. People shouldn't call this 'unsportsmanlike' and stuff because noone is CHEATING here. It's within the rules of the game. People aren't biting cricket balls, or taking money outside the game and stuff. This is the kind of attitude our players SHOULD have. No mercy, no pity, no regrets. Just try to WIN no matter WHAT as long as they're playing within the rules and not CHEATING per se.

Hatekrew
June 21, 2010, 07:13 PM
Post of the thread.
Totally agree with that. Shakib did the right thing and we should NOT call him a cheater. If there's one person in the BD team who has the drive to succeed, works hard, and tries more than anyone, it's Shakib. Remember the test matches where he bowled over 50-60 overs?

Someone posted here that Shakib can't bowl or do anything. Seriously if you guys think he's THAT bad you got issues. He might not be the greatest yet, but I can see him 15-20 years from now, as one of the best all rounders of all time.

Don't doubt Shakib. I'm not a blind fan of him. I am merely pointing out the obvious.

zainab
June 21, 2010, 08:12 PM
At least Sakib knows the rules of the game, that is what a captain should know, also like when Ash bowled the double bouncer to De Villiers.

aniksh1
June 21, 2010, 09:31 PM
It was disgusting wat Shakib did there...as well as the bowler...

Also Shuvo is such a bad bowler...no teeth...and then bowls loopy short shitty "hit me wherever you like" balls...

bujhee kom
June 21, 2010, 09:39 PM
Thak bhais and apas, bhool kore feleche, ebarkar moto maaf kore deen please! Kindly eta nie apnara boyoshko/breeddha-ra aar eto uttejito hoben naa, shudhu shudhui apni blood pressure high hoe heart attack korben, apnar nijer aiyu nijei komaben, Ki dorakaar re bhais, water under the bridge...old water, very dirty water, nasty!

auntu
June 22, 2010, 03:00 AM
Thanks Mods to change the thread title.

lamisa
June 22, 2010, 04:47 AM
Cheating: No

Abusing the system: A big YES

Shakib lovers are too blind to acknowledge what has really happened. The same people would bark the loudest if it had happened to us. Shakib is definitely going down the wrong path. I have realised it. It will take Shakib lovers a bit longer to realise but he is certainly heading that way. In a few days time when he loses that No. 1 All-rounder ranking - his identity, what he has been living off, and believe you me that day is approaching fast - it will hit you that he is on the road to become another Ashraful.

i also hold the same opinion as u do about shakib.or bhab bere gese

zainab
June 22, 2010, 01:22 PM
Angelo Matthews will eventually take over the NO1 spot from Sakib, if Sakib continues playing the way he does, especially his batting, he is losing it, and tries to slog even at the No 5 or 6 position.

BANFAN
June 24, 2010, 08:55 AM
I'm not a Shakib lover in that sense. I have a lot to say about his recent performance and yes he might turn into another Ashraful, if he continues in this way. But as far as this run out is concerned, it happens when you are down and out in a match and have no clue how to stop the opponents momentum. Such actions you will see even from the Ausies to stop / break the momentum. So long you dont do it every day, it's ok for me. No need to be so purist.

But as I said, he has forgitten to perform. he really needs to gear up his performance.

beshideshi
June 24, 2010, 09:42 AM
Every time Shakib has a bad patch, people start calling him the next Ashraful. Shakib performed day in day out for more than a year. He is still bowling pretty well, and batting wise he is just going through a rough patch[he had one earlier this year as well, but he came back] . So people, before putting the "ashraful marka" stamp on Shakib, remember he is just another man, not superman.
And about that out, i felt quite bad seeing Shak appeal for that, if I was the captain, I would not have appealed, but what Shakib did was perfectly legal. It was solely his personal choice and I don't think we should worry too much about that. It was a chance given by the batsman and Shakib decided to take advantage of the laws, I am pretty sure Afridi would have done the same thing if he had the chance. So calling him a cheat would be equivalent to calling Rashid Latif's catch clean.

aniksh1
June 24, 2010, 11:53 AM
Just bring Habibul Bashar in so he can be the captain......I am sure we have one useless player we can take out for that....

Kabir
June 24, 2010, 12:32 PM
Seriously guys...cool down...and enjoy the following videos. These are just some of the run out controversies...which are quite shameless. Should I start listing the catch controversies? Should I try and show you how the **best** cricket nations in the world still resort to such cheap crap?

When you have others leading the way, stop pointing your fingers at the others who are just following the legends. Nobody is hurting the spirit of the game by doing this. I'm sure it'll turn out to be the same result if we're at the receiving end.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mYZELkEmB1I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mYZELkEmB1I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AsznuSW-1Ug&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AsznuSW-1Ug&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/87m2d6cV4F0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/87m2d6cV4F0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2010, 01:04 AM
Asaad, I clearly remember a runout incident. The batsman dived. The bat was upside down. Meaning the flat side was up. The bat clearly crossed the plain. However, while sliding Middle of fat part of the bat hit the ground before the crease line and that caused the front part of the bat to be lifted up in the air. Clearly the bat was way inside the line but in the air. At that very moment the bails got lifted. The batsman was given out by the 3rd umpire. It was our Mushi I think at the unfortunate end. Did the opposition cheat there? No.

You don't like the law, fine. Complain about Shakib's unsportsmanship. I will join you. But do not call him cheat. He didn't do anything HARAM (illegal). 3rd umpire wouldn't give out had it been a cheating act like what McCullum or Rasid Latif did. Agreed?

wiseshah
June 26, 2010, 09:25 AM
And who except us BD fans remember that, I curse Rafiqu for doing that, every day of my life.

i do too. nobody remembers when billions times BD lost due to bad umpiring. in cricket, only win counts.

after that incident, javed miandad says----rafiq didnt do any favor for them,its part of game, its rafiq's fault.

Neel Here
June 26, 2010, 09:35 AM
i do too. nobody remembers when billions times BD lost due to bad umpiring. in cricket, only win counts.

exactly, you can do any damn thing as long as it is legal. rafique should have shown generosity and sportsman spirit on his account if he could, not on his team's account.
when you are playing cricket you are playing for your team, not for yourself. it's your duty to try to win any which way without breaking rules, the days of walking are long gone.

after that incident, javed miandad says----rafiq didnt do any favor for them,its part of game, its rafiq's fault. what can you expect from a person who married off his own daughter to a mafia don and terrorist ?

godzilla
June 27, 2010, 02:39 AM
absolutely disgusted...umar amin had clearly completed the run...totally unsportsmanlike, and hence he joins Latif, Ross taylor, and Brendon Mccullum, his fellow brothers of deceit.

shala para na bowl korte...cheat kore wicket niye match tao harbe.

Disgusting? I think not. The lines/calls belongs to the umpires and if the umpire did not call it an over then he should have stayed behind that line. Unsportman like, yes defenitely but when you complain about his bowling then you know you are on the wrong side of the discussion. If you have not realise, he has been the best bowler of our sorry little side for quite a while now!

godzilla
June 27, 2010, 02:42 AM
Just bring Habibul Bashar in so he can be the captain......I am sure we have one useless player we can take out for that....

Ashrafool or Naeem. Naeem is doing nothing for the team, bat or ball you name it he is being useless.

beshideshi
June 27, 2010, 04:59 AM
exactly, you can do any damn thing as long as it is legal. rafique should have shown generosity and sportsman spirit on his account if he could, not on his team's account.
when you are playing cricket you are playing for your team, not for yourself. it's your duty to try to win any which way without breaking rules, the days of walking are long gone.

I have tried so hard to shove that memory down my head. Everytime I think of the 4th day of Multan test, a part of me dies inside. That game could have changed BD cricket forever. The record book does not say "Pakistan beats Bangladesh by one wicket after Mohd. Rafique did not run out the batsman to show his sportsmanship" it says " Pakistan beats Bangladesh by one wicket"

Antora
June 27, 2010, 06:00 AM
I see no cheating in that. I actually thought it was a preety funny out :P
but not cheating :S :S

and talking about Sportsmenship are we? HOW MANY TIMES HAVE TEAMS CHEATED AGAINST BANGLADESH? and HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE CHEATED!!!??
its not like Shakib took the bowl and decided to bite it or claim a catch which wasn't one!

simon
June 27, 2010, 06:16 AM
I have tried so hard to shove that memory down my head. Everytime I think of the 4th day of Multan test, a part of me dies inside. That game could have changed BD cricket forever. The record book does not say "Pakistan beats Bangladesh by one wicket after Mohd. Rafique did not run out the batsman to show his sportsmanship" it says " Pakistan beats Bangladesh by one wicket"

fortunately I didn't see that match,didn't have any access to cricket those days.#:-S

Nafi
June 27, 2010, 06:35 AM
and talking about Sportsmenship are we? HOW MANY TIMES HAVE TEAMS CHEATED AGAINST BANGLADESH? and HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE CHEATED!!!??
its not like Shakib took the bowl and decided to bite it or claim a catch which wasn't one!

New zealand,claimed two drop catches against us (McCullam vs Shakib, and Taylor vs Ashraful)

They went on to win the spirit of cricket award 2009

Conclusion: ***** sportmanship

nahaz
July 2, 2010, 09:02 AM
New zealand,claimed two drop catches against us (McCullam vs Shakib, and Taylor vs Ashraful)

They went on to win the spirit of cricket award 2009

Conclusion: ***** sportmanship

Serious?? I didn't know they won...after they claimed some runout too..

Agree of the Multan test. I can't go explaining to the world and my foreign friends that we haven't won a test yet against anyone other than Zimbabwe because one of us decided to be extra-generous and sportsman.

Rafiq should have done it. Maybe God gave us a chance to turn around our cricket, and Rafiq chose the perfect (!) time to be sportsmanlike. A win then would have shut ppl up and encouraged more effort by every bangladeshi to get many more wins. It wouldn't have made me any less proud of the win if Rafiq had got the runout.

Tokai
July 2, 2010, 11:21 AM
shakib cheated although he didn't actually break any rules like Afridi or Latif.

I have no idea what you are talking about, but if it did not break any rule it was not cheating, by definition.

It is called creative thinking.

Tanvir703
July 2, 2010, 12:41 PM
if begging on street is deemed more worthy than earning your own keep, than sure.

cheaters and their supporters deserve exactly the humiliation that we are getting now.

just remember that much.

You want a cookie?

It wasn't called ball by the umpire...therefore, it's perfectly fine.

We appreciate your opinion and high morale. Thank you and have a nice day.

Ajfar
July 2, 2010, 06:24 PM
you guys are still going on about this? leave it alone geesh

bujhee kom
July 2, 2010, 08:34 PM
So Shakib Al Hasan -1. Umar Amin +1. Umpire 0.