PDA

View Full Version : Prospect of Shane Warne being our coach

Baundule
June 21, 2010, 12:23 PM
Shane Warne himself is a spinner and can teach a thing or two to our spin-heavy bowling attack. But more importantly, he is a great motivator, who can get the best out of the mediocres? He has everything that is needed for us: motivation, planning, instilling self-belief and the list continues.

As he is currently with the IPL, we can not probably get him right-away. But he can be in our priority list. Any idea how much money he gets from RR? Is it more than what JS gets from the BCB? Also, he is probably not busy with the RR for the whole year.

Shane Warne, McInnes.... anyone else?

akabir77
June 21, 2010, 12:24 PM
he will not come to BD period

Baundule
June 21, 2010, 12:28 PM
he will not come to BD period
I think, it is all about money. If he is paid enough, there is no reason why he should not come.

Nadim
June 21, 2010, 12:29 PM
Busy........playing poker...

Imteaz
June 21, 2010, 12:30 PM
We won’t be able to afford him and start to blame him. It's better for him not to come in Bangladesh.

simon
June 21, 2010, 12:35 PM
forget Warne,we need Mcgrath,it's our fast bowling which is a pain,not the spin,Sakib & RAzzq r dealing much better than the fast bowlers.

auntu
June 21, 2010, 12:37 PM
Darn...I thought...*sigh

Dilscoop
June 21, 2010, 12:37 PM
No matter how much he gets paid, he wont come to BD and teach the losers. He has better things to do. And he got enough money, he doesn't need bangla money. It would be great if we can have him, he knows how to be spirited. But 99.99%ly he wont.

Baundule
June 21, 2010, 12:40 PM
We won’t be able to afford him and start to blame him. It's better for him not to come in Bangladesh.
I think, with his style of approaching the game, we will have more chances to praise him than to blame him. As fans, we do endure even JS's bs. I am not sure about the BCB, though. They need a talking bird like JS.

Spitfire_x86
June 21, 2010, 12:59 PM
Few things to remember when considering Warne as our potential coach.

1. IPL and international cricket is not the same thing.
2. Warne plays for RR too, which he can't do for us.
3. Like any other coach, he relies on individual brilliance of his players for success. Availability of in-form Smith and Watson had very big role in his IPL-1 success. With an out of form Smith and mostly unavailable Watson in IPL2 and IPL3, they were much less successful.
4. Young Indian players from RR hardly did anything significant in international cricket.
5. Siddons was a coaching staff when Warne played for Aus. Warne likes Siddons. His methods may or may not differ greatly from Siddon's methods.

However if we was actually available for the job after WC2011, then we could definitely use him instead of Siddons as head coach just considering the current state of our bowling.

magic boy
June 21, 2010, 01:42 PM
Warne's coaching career in IPL was totally fluke.

al-Sagar
June 21, 2010, 01:51 PM
Warne's coaching career in IPL was totally fluke.

spot on...

i would rather have darren lehman

WarWolf
June 21, 2010, 02:55 PM
Who want to coach a group of morons while the administrators are backboneless and corrupt as hell? I doubt if any one would be interested at all!!!

Dilscoop
June 21, 2010, 02:59 PM
List of players that wont come to Bangladesh

Wasim
McGrath
Warne

(add)

akabir77
June 21, 2010, 03:31 PM
I think, it is all about money. If he is paid enough, there is no reason why he should not come.

you are wrong. BD can't pay what warney will need to change his mind to come to bd.

_Rafi_
June 21, 2010, 03:43 PM
Warne doesnt like conventional coaching. So he will not come.
If he comes he will destroy our players head with his silly and crappy theories.

MohammedC
June 21, 2010, 03:44 PM
Busy........playing poker...

Dont worry our boys will teach him how to play 29

Kabir
June 21, 2010, 03:44 PM
Players like SW don't really have that type of a connection with a loser mentality team. And that is coming from a person who doesn't like Warne that much.

_Rafi_
June 21, 2010, 03:52 PM
Here is some coaches by whom BD will be benefited-
1. Ashraful- He will retire from cricket. What a relief as sacking coach Ashraful will be lot easier than dropping Cricketer Ash
2. Add yourself

Hatekrew
June 21, 2010, 07:06 PM
Warney would be a good coach. Bangladesh team needs a change in attitude and Warne's definitely got that X-factor in him that he can actually transfer into our hopeless players with 'man we're gonna lose again whats the use, let's just go and knock the ball around' attitude.

But I still think the best coach we could have is someone like Dennis Lillee or an aggressive, succesful ex-fast bowler.

Holden
June 21, 2010, 08:45 PM
I think someone like Duncan Fletcher would be the best type of coach for us, a good motivator and good at nurturing young talent.

aniksh1
June 21, 2010, 09:35 PM
Are edike ami article porar jonno prostut hoye gechilam

lamisa
June 22, 2010, 05:47 AM
are dadare ei pare chole ashte bolen.amra toh puro mishti khete dibo!

beshideshi
June 22, 2010, 06:35 AM
Shane Warne won't be a good coach imo. First of all, the naturally talented players usually make horrible coaches. Secondly, I don't think he will understand BD mentality. And I don't think he can be induced to come to Bangladesh, no amount of money would be able to attract him.

thebest
June 22, 2010, 08:39 AM
Warne does not belive in coaching top level player. So there is very few possibility that he would come

bujhee kom
June 22, 2010, 12:14 PM
How about Shawn Williams bhais and apas, I have his Cell number in Pune, Maharashtra, I am in touch with him, I can give him a call? He knows these kids very well and I think he understands them and they also communicate with him well, can he come and help?> Ki bolen?

Tiger444
June 22, 2010, 12:25 PM
How about Shawn Williams bhais and apas, I have his Cell number in Pune, Maharashtra, I am in touch with him, I can give him a call? He knows these kids very well and I think he understands them and they also communicate with him well, can he come and help?> Ki bolen?

If BCB is willing 2 give him a job..I honestly don't think he's head coaching material though..don't mind him as an assistant..from what I remember he was a caring guy and really loved the boys..you could give him a call though Javed bhai and ask what his opinion of BD cricket is..after all he knows the boys better then we know them..

Imteaz
June 22, 2010, 12:57 PM
John Wright can be brought.

badguy
June 22, 2010, 10:45 PM
Shane Warne coaching BAN?:floor:
Come out of your fantasy worlds

Nasif
June 22, 2010, 10:52 PM