PDA

View Full Version : Verdict on Jamie Siddons

Miraz
June 21, 2010, 03:00 PM
This will be the 3rd poll on Jamie Siddons.

Let's see what impression Jamie Siddons is leaving on the mind of the Bangladesh fans

Last option should be -

He is un-ambitious and his policy is harmful for a young team. (not time, sorry)

Tokai
June 21, 2010, 03:02 PM
I am about the stop following these morons. There is a limit to everything and we have crossed that today.

Thanks JS.

BangladeshFan
June 21, 2010, 03:03 PM
just a difference of 139 runs, we are improving!

slowly but surely he is taking us to the top!

MohammedC
June 21, 2010, 03:12 PM
Lets say Siddons is sacked tomorrow.

How long will it take to change the teams loosing mentality to winning one?

Who will be our next coach?

Equinox
June 21, 2010, 03:19 PM
It's amazing how people believe the coach is the obstacle between us winning matches. The real problems lie much deeper...

MohammedC
June 21, 2010, 03:23 PM
So the coach was doing well up to the begining of 2009 T20 then what happened.

What changes happened after T20 2009 failure?

Did he shujon anything special to the team apart from WI C team success and Zim?

Don't forget we all gave credit to him when our boys were bashing the minnows.

What does he have to say?

Tokai
June 21, 2010, 03:39 PM
AsifThe.. should go join politics. He can agree with all the opinions there are.

MohammedC
June 21, 2010, 03:42 PM
I agree with Miraz bhai our national cricket team is going downhill. But I dont agree on blaming everything on Siddons.

Our international cricket will never improve unless we change the infastructure of our domestic cricket.

bdtiger
June 21, 2010, 03:47 PM
It was necessary. Now Shakib will stop saying that they are improving and show lame excuses. Hopefully Bangladesh cricket will come down to earth now. They are taking all the facilities and outcome is shame and humiliation for the country. It's better to have no cricket team than such a pathetic one. Blame goes to everyone from players to BCB officials.

Dilscoop
June 21, 2010, 03:59 PM
He is doing a poor job. His approach is flawed and he is failing to inspire the team.
He is clueless as a head coach.
He is un-ambitious and his policy is harmful for a young team.

Voted!

Miraz
June 21, 2010, 04:05 PM
Asif and magic boy, that was silly.

Miraz
June 21, 2010, 04:06 PM
I agree with Miraz bhai our national cricket team is going downhill. But I dont agree on blaming everything on Siddons.

Our international cricket will never improve unless we change the infastructure of our domestic cricket.

I am not blaming Siddons for everything, but he has to take a fare share of blame for the current state of Bangladesh cricket.

Miraz
June 21, 2010, 04:10 PM
Pro-Siddons apologists (copyright thebest) are out there to spoil the poll by spoiling the multiple option.

The love seems to be very deep, deeper than love for Bangladesh cricket. ;)

meazz1
June 21, 2010, 04:11 PM
You can't blame him for these morons' stupidity. These fools comes to play cricket and throw their wkts with shots that does not call for.
Thes guys play ODI like a test and test like an ODI.

If the coach has to tell them in the morning that today we are playing a 50 over match so pace yourself for an ODI match today, than yes, the coach is to blame.

These fools are probably ok for our BD standard but no match for other cricket playing countries.

Nafi
June 21, 2010, 04:14 PM
I blame BCB not hiring a competent bowling coach

JS has done wonders for the batting

meazz1
June 21, 2010, 04:30 PM
No coach in the world can do anything to these players if they can't help themselves.

we always looks for a scapegoat for our failure. This time it's Jamie. Before this match, it was Ash.
We need to start blaming the team as a whole.
we are very weak in the core of our cricket.

hbk619
June 21, 2010, 05:46 PM
You can't blame him for these morons' stupidity. These fools comes to play cricket and throw their wkts with shots that does not call for.
Thes guys play ODI like a test and test like an ODI.

If the coach has to tell them in the morning that today we are playing a 50 over match so pace yourself for an ODI match today, than yes, the coach is to blame.

These fools are probably ok for our BD standard but no match for other cricket playing countries.

a coach needs to motivate the cricket team. if he doesn't motivate and says go to the field and go for your individual performance, then why he is the head coach?

we are debating about this issue for a long time. a teacher is the best teacher when his students who used to do very bad result in school got the highest mark. In that case, Siddons took over 3 years. still he got no gameplans..no motivations for players...3 yrs wasted completely except individual performance/shommanjonok porajoy

Dhruvo
June 21, 2010, 07:24 PM
Siddons is not head coach material. He's recently been too pessimistic and seems to have lost faith in our players. I'm surprised to see that BCB hasn't sacked him yet. I think BCB should sack him for good and bring in a head coach from an Australian or English county team, I'm pretty sure they would accept it if we offer them 20k a month.

bujhee kom
June 21, 2010, 09:24 PM
What is the coach doing? Very bad! Not good at all.

Dear Miraz da eibaro ektu bhul hoe gese, manoos matroi bhul, Inshallah, he will do good in the future, guide the team better, the team will Inshallah shine and do good. One more chance please. Ei baarer moto chere din kindly dada!

al-Sagar
June 21, 2010, 09:59 PM
if my memory is correct then when SIDDONS took the job he said that BD were a good team unit but the individual performances of the players are not good. so he wanted to enhance the individual performances of the players and hoped the team unity will not drop.

now he has managed to enhance the individual performances but the consistency of this individual performances did not improve significantly.

and at the same time our team unity has decreased.

so he has done an average job and should have done lot better.

what we lack now is lack of planning in our approach. and mainly lack of alternate plans to adjust with needs of match situation. also bowlers never seam to bowl with definite plans. batsmen never seem to bat with an purpose.

we now need somebody who can develop this batsman and bowler strategically or tactically .... .... not technically ... ....

cricket_king
June 21, 2010, 10:54 PM
In terms of improving the batting of the team, he has done a good job. In terms of challenging the team to actually WIN matches and play as unit, he has failed miserably. Constantly putting your own boys down is completely wrong. You've lost your way, Jamie.

godzilla
June 21, 2010, 11:10 PM
It is not right what he said after the match. When he said it was never possible for IMRUL and JUNAIDE to score those 380 runs, well what are the players suppose to draw out of this? He himself is only expecting TAMIM to fire. No that's not the right mind sent. I rather see us going all out and getting out under 150 then painfully reaching that 250 ...

unda_bhai
June 21, 2010, 11:18 PM
I am not blaming Siddons for everything, but he has to take a fare share of blame for the current state of Bangladesh cricket.

i missed the part of ur other posts where u apparently said explicitly other were also to blame.

lets just sak coaches as they come, cos obviously our players are perfect in term of mindeset and maturity. so it must be coahces fault why they throw away wikets n bowl full tosses.

BANFAN
June 21, 2010, 11:49 PM
i missed the part of ur other posts where u apparently said explicitly other were also to blame.

lets just sak coaches as they come, cos obviously our players are perfect in term of mindeset and maturity. so it must be coahces fault why they throw away wikets n bowl full tosses.

We have BD borders to pick players from not the coach. It's a open world to pick a coach from. If both are rotten equally, still you have to live with the rotten players and look for a fresh coach to fix the players.

You are using a bad example to blame the player. off course to some extent the coach is to be blamed for players inability to play a shot. But there are much bigger things that the coach is failing to do. You don't win a match by just playing a full toss well, either.

We take coaches to fix players, if someone cannot, he should be changed and we should look for another, who can. We don't take players to fix a coach. Like for argument some people will say, our players are not capable of following the coach; for them I must ask, then why do we need a coach? Let there be self development methods run under local guys, why pay a coach for even stopping self development?

unda_bhai
June 22, 2010, 12:00 AM
We have BD borders to pick players from not the coach. It's a open world to pick a coach from. If both are rotten equally, still you have to live with the rotten players and look for a fresh coach to fix the players.

You are using a bad example to blame the player. off course to some extent the coach is to be blamed for players inability to play a shot. But there are much bigger things that the coach is failing to do. You don't win a match by just playing a full toss well, either.

We take coaches to fix players, if someone cannot, he should be changed and we should look for another, who can. We don't take players to fix a coach. Like for argument some people will say, our players are not capable of following the coach; for them I must ask, then why do we need a coach? Let there be self development methods run under local guys, why pay a coach for even stopping self development?

hes failing to do wat else? the guy has worked thru cancer to improve our stupid bunch of retards, n he hasnt tried enuf?

u want bangla players to start self devlopment? they dont have the minutest knowledge about world cricket, how wud they even know where to begin? we'd be going bak to the pioneering days if we dnt have a coach. wer not like india where we're advanced enuf to go witout a coach.

the knowledge of local guys isnt enuf to compete at world clevel, they are not experienced to teach anything. we need outside knowledge. we need to giv the outside world the best chance of helping us. but thnx to bcb, their reluctance to hire a a decent bowling coach, or listen to suggestions for domestic league hasnt done any favours. good on them for sending players to australia, but why stop it there? keep doing it. why is the national team only practising full time? if our players arent capable of following, then just shows the calibre of our talent dosnt it? its not great is it?

freaking hell, the problem isnt wit the coach dont u guys see, its with US!

Bond
June 22, 2010, 12:33 AM
I don't blame the coach but the mentality of our players, they have always been on the comfort zone, I haven't watched any of the matches as Bangladesh playing footpatch cricket makes me sick, Miraz bhai stop watching Bangladesh cricket for a while just enjoy the football world cup. Watching the ugly faces of Bangali cricketers is not worth your time.

Imteaz
June 22, 2010, 02:42 AM
Know thyself.

alibangali
June 22, 2010, 03:47 AM
I cant believe how blind some of you can be. If you collect all the comments JS has made and the strategies he thought you will understand how much he has hindered us from going forward.

How can we win matches if we dont think we are good enough, dont create strategies for wins and dont try to win when on the field?

How does not wanting to win matches benefit our cricket?

Not all blame goes on to JS for the failure of our cricket but he takes blame for his poor head coaching and thus we need to invest in a new head coach.

simon
June 22, 2010, 05:03 AM
I just blame Siddons for giving the huge responsibility to TI,asking him to play an Afridi innings.
It was wrong,which is why TI was too agressive,going down the ground to often & paying the price.
It was a very good pitch to bat,he could get a 100 ball century instead of targeting a 60-70 ball hundred.I aso blame Imrul,his inactivity also forced TI to go so wild.

lamisa
June 22, 2010, 05:27 AM
I don't blame the coach but the mentality of our players, they have always been on the comfort zone, I haven't watched any of the matches as Bangladesh playing footpatch cricket makes me sick, Miraz bhai stop watching Bangladesh cricket for a while just enjoy the football world cup. Watching the ugly faces of Bangali cricketers is not worth your time.

they are not ugly!if they are ugly,then what are the indian players?anyways,i voted on the poll but that's just my opinion so far,i can state my own verdict after bcb hires a good bowling coach.if still we cannot perform,then.....

Roni_uk
June 22, 2010, 05:39 AM
I don't think any coach is good for us. Our players need basic education, increase of their IQs and several sessions with a psychologist. You might say Watmore was better, Greenich was better but apart from some fluke wins and some close matches here and there, the team produced nothing and remained as the 'minnows'. Constant changes of coaches and captains will get us no where!! 'Focus' is what we need.

BANFAN
June 22, 2010, 06:31 AM
hes failing to do wat else? the guy has worked thru cancer to improve our stupid bunch of retards, n he hasnt tried enuf?

If you think having cancer makes someone a good coach, I can get you some who are HIV positive, in much more dangerous situation that JS, and will continue to be our coach. If that makes him a better coach.

u want bangla players to start self devlopment? they dont have the minutest knowledge about world cricket, how wud they even know where to begin? we'd be going bak to the pioneering days if we dnt have a coach. wer not like india where we're advanced enuf to go witout a coach.

the knowledge of local guys isnt enuf to compete at world clevel, they are not experienced to teach anything. we need outside knowledge. we need to giv the outside world the best chance of helping us. but thnx to bcb, their reluctance to hire a a decent bowling coach, or listen to suggestions for domestic league hasnt done any favours. good on them for sending players to australia, but why stop it there? keep doing it. why is the national team only practising full time? if our players arent capable of following, then just shows the calibre of our talent dosnt it? its not great is it?

freaking hell, the problem isnt wit the coach dont u guys see, its with US!

You are freaking contradictory to your own statements above; except you didnt agree that coach has anything to do in our failures.

if I sum up; you gave a lots of explanation of why we need a coach and specially a foreign coach to improve our game (We did it all) and when time comes to ask that foreign guy what you have done, you stand upto say the last sentence: "the problem isnt wit the coach dont u guys see, its with US!"

What the hell are u talking about, do u really know ??

beshideshi
June 22, 2010, 06:38 AM
This is a classic sub continent failure story. Team plays rubbish, players don't take responsibility and guess who gets the sack? The coach!
I am not saying the coach is flawless and is doing a fine job, but the blame falls equally on Shakib/Mushfique/Riyad etc. So, if we want to sack someone for our Asia cup failure, sack the national team and send the A team to England.

thebest
June 22, 2010, 07:10 AM
personal achievement crap cost us dearly. scoreboard would read big Z and Imrul scored half century and that was sought by this clueless coach. They did their job. If Tamim was entrusted for afridiesque century what was other players job - surely not 24 ball to open your account. If Tamim score a 70 ball century his partners also need run a ball 50. If JS could not do it he should resign instead of blaming bowlers. He is the head coach not batting coach. He should be accountable why our bowling digress so much in his time. Why Rasel, Shahdat, Masri are performing like para bowlers

unda_bhai
June 22, 2010, 08:14 AM
If you think having cancer makes someone a good coach, I can get you some who are HIV positive, in much more dangerous situation that JS, and will continue to be our coach. If that makes him a better coach.

You are freaking contradictory to your own statements above; except you didnt agree that coach has anything to do in our failures.

if I sum up; you gave a lots of explanation of why we need a coach and specially a foreign coach to improve our game (We did it all) and when time comes to ask that foreign guy what you have done, you stand upto say the last sentence: "the problem isnt wit the coach dont u guys see, its with US!"

What the hell are u talking about, do u really know ??

i didnt say that makes him a better coach, but he deserves a hand up for the everything hes put in. n still people think he had no intention of helping bd out.

i didnt contradict anything, dont u see the same old problems are recurring in every failure- throw away wikects, bowl fulls, drop catches, bad shot selecion, lak of accountability, etc etc etc. each of these have been happening from greenidge to siddons. so why hasnt this long line of coaches done anything to get rid of these traits? so where is the problem? the coach or the people?

thebest
June 22, 2010, 08:29 AM
This is a classic sub continent failure story. Team plays rubbish, players don't take responsibility and guess who gets the sack? .
Have you followed any sports team ever? Coach is the first casualty of any failure. Real Madrid sacked Palligrilni despite record point collection; Chelsea sacked Mourinho as he could not earned Champions League trophy for Chelsea. Capalo would be sacked if England failed in this WC.
It is coach's responsibility to take necessary action so that team can win. So both failure and success lies with him. Otherwise we do not need high performance coach like DW, Mohsin Kamal would have been enough

bujhee kom
June 22, 2010, 12:13 PM
Dada Siddons, Chere de re mamu, kende baachi!

riad
June 22, 2010, 12:58 PM
exactly. The coach and team lost the game after the bowling ...... "if Tamim make 150" from siddon's mouth is crap cuz while Tamim was there Imrul did not even open his account. He forgot Pak made 385 not 150 ...... idiot siddon. Hate dat guy even more when he put imrul/junaid down like dis ...... I wanted slap imrul for his knock now I just have sympathy for him.

-----

personal achievement crap cost us dearly. scoreboard would read big Z and Imrul scored half century and that was sought by this clueless coach. They did their job. If Tamim was entrusted for afridiesque century what was other players job - surely not 24 ball to open your account. If Tamim score a 70 ball century his partners also need run a ball 50. If JS could not do it he should resign instead of blaming bowlers. He is the head coach not batting coach. He should be accountable why our bowling digress so much in his time. Why Rasel, Shahdat, Masri are performing like para bowlers

Farhad
June 22, 2010, 01:11 PM
Something I've learned in playing sports all my life is that the only way to improve is to do so brick by brick. If your line and length is off, work on your line first and then move onto length. If you cant shoot in basketball, first work on the trajectory, then distance, and so on. JS has been trying that same strategy by focusing solely on the batting these last 2 years. Whether it works in professional cricket is beyond me, but thats the approach I believe he's after.

One thing thats undeniable though, is that he's not the best public speaker. All too often, I hear him say things no coach (professional or amateur) should say in public. "If Tamim makes 150..." is one of them...

Miraz
June 22, 2010, 01:15 PM
Farhad, an inefficient bricklayer won't be able to teach the art of building a wall let alone a house even if he is in-charge for many many years.

Bond
June 22, 2010, 08:12 PM
they are not ugly!if they are ugly,then what are the indian players?anyways,i voted on the poll but that's just my opinion so far,i can state my own verdict after bcb hires a good bowling coach.if still we cannot perform,then.....

A coach can't turn a bunch of donkeys into Tigers, amader player ra shob lazy apart from Ashraful(born winner) and Tamim, they are getting paid for nothing. I hope BCB makes Ashraful coach + captain like Shane Warne then we will atleast win a few matches, the guy is a genius when it comes to finding fielders.

Nasif
June 22, 2010, 08:19 PM
We can blame Siddons as much as we want to; but that won't do squat. Its ultimately the players and their skills that speak on the field. Our bowling was horrendous. On other two occasions, our batting was rotten. So, in the end we just don't know how to bat and bowl. Coach here and coach there won't make a difference. Unless players own up to their responsibilities, its a lost cause.

Dilscoop
June 22, 2010, 08:49 PM
^ Our players are great, they are talented, and they can be world class players if we get them the right coach and show them the right approach. We can argue back and forth, this isnt going any where. But you know deep down, JS is wrong. And he has to go. Has to

Nasif
June 22, 2010, 09:06 PM
^ Our players are great, they are talented, and they can be world class players if we get them the right coach and show them the right approach. We can argue back and forth, this isnt going any where. But you know deep down, JS is wrong. And he has to go. Has to

Changing coach just 8 months before the WC won't do anything. If anything, it will send the wrong message to the players as well as the team as a whole. JS is doing just fine. We had few really bad games and I am sure he will bring them out of that.

You can't be that short-sighted in terms of coach's performance. When was the last time we had good opening pair? Undoubtedly, Siddons helped Tamim to turn into a real world class batsman. Imrul is another one who looked shaky in the beginning, but now he is growing strong as well. Do you remember Junaid Siddique from a year ago? He looks completely different now. All of these are positive changes.

I am not saying Siddons is a miracle worker or doesn't have any flaw. Credit should be given where it is due. Whatever shortcoming he has, is not as big of a deal as it is made out to be. BD team has come a long way with him. Last few games can't be the yardstick to measure all his performances as coach.

Dilscoop
June 22, 2010, 09:12 PM
Again with this individual "improvements". What have we done has a team? NOTHING.

Nasif
June 22, 2010, 09:16 PM
Again with this individual "improvements". What have we done has a team? NOTHING.

Team is made of individuals. Gone are the days that one Ash will win you game after game. Hasn't happened in 5 years; unlikely it will happen any time in future. You need 4 to 5 world class players in a team for consistent win. We have tamim; and we need another 4.

That doesn't happen overnight.

zainab
June 22, 2010, 09:19 PM
I feel that BD used to play much better in ODIs a few years ago than what they do now, though they seem to have better players but something is missing.

beshideshi
June 22, 2010, 09:52 PM
Have you followed any sports team ever? Coach is the first casualty of any failure. Real Madrid sacked Palligrilni despite record point collection; Chelsea sacked Mourinho as he could not earned Champions League trophy for Chelsea. Capalo would be sacked if England failed in this WC.
It is coach's responsibility to take necessary action so that team can win. So both failure and success lies with him. Otherwise we do not need high performance coach like DW, Mohsin Kamal would have been enough

Raymond Domenech, Rafael Benitez.
The coach does take a lot of blame, but in the sub continent the knee jerk action is to kick the coach out. We have seen far too many cases, starting from sub continent football to cricket to hockey, the first victim is always the coach. Everyone seems to forget it was the players who played rubbish.
Look at the names you mentioned, they were kicked out only after their final task was complete and resulted in a failure. Shall we wait till Jamie finishes his final task or kick him out now, hire another guy and kick him out 8 days before the WC?

Miraz
June 23, 2010, 04:30 AM
beshideshi, we should really kick the coach out if we fail this miserably after 3 years in charge when we have showed lot more promise before he took over. He was expected to take the team forward not backward.

Can you please give a timeframe when we should question the approach? After how many years?

We have waited enough. no other team in the world will wait for 3 years for such a pathetic coach. He would have been a goner by now with any other country. Be it sub-continental, European or African.

Zeeshan
June 23, 2010, 04:37 AM
It's funny how Nasif bhai you are contradicting yourself. For the defeats you don't blame the coach yet you are happy to give the credit to Siddons for Tamim's batting improvement.

You can't have it both ways.

And as for players showing their skills - well you can't really expect them to do so if instruction comes from big kahuna to play timidly for 50 overs.

zainab
June 23, 2010, 06:49 AM
I am sure that as soon as the English tour is finished, Siddons will fly to Australia from England for at least a month's holiday, he will tell the boys to have a 2 weeks rest, then train in the gym, then I hope that he will be back in september to a training camp hopefully. By that time, we may see a new bowling and fielding coach because they only have 6 months before the WC 2011 to prepare for battle.

unda_bhai
June 23, 2010, 07:50 AM
It's funny how Nasif bhai you are contradicting yourself. For the defeats you don't blame the coach yet you are happy to give the credit to Siddons for Tamim's batting improvement.

You can't have it both ways.

And as for players showing their skills - well you can't really expect them to do so if instruction comes from big kahuna to play timidly for 50 overs.

tamim said it himself.

BANFAN
June 23, 2010, 09:36 AM
i didnt say that makes him a better coach, but he deserves a hand up for the everything hes put in. n still people think he had no intention of helping bd out.

i didnt contradict anything, dont u see the same old problems are recurring in every failure- throw away wikects, bowl fulls, drop catches, bad shot selecion, lak of accountability, etc etc etc. each of these have been happening from greenidge to siddons. so why hasnt this long line of coaches done anything to get rid of these traits? so where is the problem? the coach or the people?

I see that and that's why I ask, WTF our coach is rolling ??

At the end of all your explanations to defend him, I will again ask the same question. irrespective of reasons, if he is unable to bring changes to those, why do we need him? Don't tell me that he is the last person on earth who is able to do this job and it isnt worth trying with another coach. Then I ask again WTF he has changed.

in case you tell me, it isnt coach's responsibility to change a player's attitude. Lets go back to basics of coaching; knowledge, Skill and Attitude (KSA). That's what he should be focusing on to bring positive changes. Has he done it? IMO YES, he brought in some negative changes. He is simply detrimental to our cricket. I stop there, for the sake of sanity.

unda_bhai
June 23, 2010, 09:51 AM

At the end of all your explanations to defend him, I will again ask the same question. irrespective of reasons, if he is unable to bring changes to those, why do we need him? Don't tell me that he is the last person on earth who is able to do this job and it isnt worth trying with another coach. Then I ask again WTF he has changed.

in case you tell me, it isnt coach's responsibility to change a player's attitude. Lets go back to basics of coaching; knowledge, Skill and Attitude (KSA). That's what he should be focusing on to bring positive changes. Has he done it? IMO YES, he brought in some negative changes. He is simply detrimental to our cricket. I stop there, for the sake of sanity.

lol so he must have taken the job intending to do more harm than good huh? if one method of coachign dosnt work, ud try another n so on. if he did that, we'd be complaining hes not consistent.

either way irrespective of wat he dos n how difficult our retards are, he gets the blame? yah siddons has to be the detrimental factor..definetly not BCB.

ahnaf
June 23, 2010, 10:15 AM

what you think?? The things you talked about are the basic of a batsman.. Its must b learned by playing domestic cricket.. Bt our player cant able 2 learn that in the right time coz of our poor domestic cricket structure... No coach of the world would do this.. If u dont agree with me.. Then show me one exmple... Bt siddons do that for tamim..junaid..imrul etc... Dont blame siddons.. Blame loittar dol (BCB)..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

ahnaf
June 23, 2010, 10:25 AM
beshideshi, we should really kick the coach out if we fail this miserably after 3 years in charge when we have showed lot more promise before he took over. He was expected to take the team forward not backward.

Can you please give a timeframe when we should question the approach? After how many years?

We have waited enough. no other team in the world will wait for 3 years for such a pathetic coach. He would have been a goner by now with any other country. Be it sub-continental, European or African.

miraz bro.. The way u talking seems we have everything ready!!! Seems we have highly improve domestic cricket from where every year comes a mature and well-learned batsman.. Seems player are coming from every part of our country like aus or india... Really strange!!! True is that.. We have nothing... In other country all player comes to int. Cricket after learning everything.. Bt we've to learn everything in int. Cricket.. So pls stop that.. Try to undrstand reality... Blame bcb..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

alibangali
June 23, 2010, 04:12 PM
BCB are to blame but who will fix them?

Players are there to blame but do we have alternatives and competent players waiting?

Head coach is there to blame but can we get another coach?

From the above questions you will see that it is much easier to get another head coach than to suddenly produce many competent cricketers and its near enough impossible to overhaul the board unless a new party comes in to power.

Would it then not be beneficial for us to invest in a new head coachin the near future and see if the new guy can help our team to win matches and get the players playing positively.

reyme
June 23, 2010, 04:49 PM
JS has done wonders for the batting

Define "wonders" !

He has no medicine, cure or alternative for Ash.
There was a time even the tailenders fought...lately even the middle order is in tatters. I dont see any resistence from the tail enders anymore...
We have same group of batsmen playing all 3 formats of game...since he could not develop enough batsmen
Name 18 batsmen he developed in 3 years

3 or 4 players doing great batting now...but they were up and coming in Dav's team.
Tamim, Mushy, Shakib all scored half centuries against IND, and they were bound to improve under any decent batting coach.

He has done wonders...how many hours he actually coached this team in 3 years in terms of developing batting skills, teqnique, perseverance, and to build the mental toughness it takes to bat at this level ? Add them up..he took more vacation hours than that!

End Result: We have a team that according to him can't compete at this level!

reyme
June 23, 2010, 04:59 PM
miraz bro.. The way u talking seems we have everything ready!!! Seems we have highly improve domestic cricket from where every year comes a mature and well-learned batsman.. . Blame bcb..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

It seems you started to follow cricket from yesterday! Please educate yourself first before saying all these silly things. Your comments are silly just like your coach.

6 years ago we had worse cricket structure, facilities and so on...yet less talented bunch under the guidance of Dav Whatmore compete hard with extreme desire to win as a unit. Now we have better cricket facilities in Dhaka, we have more skilled players (Jahurul is 10X better than Javed Omar), we have a whole lot more experience, we have more talented players...yet we cant even compete, let alone win.

You want to support your coach, fine...just dont come up with useless excuses.

reyme
June 23, 2010, 05:14 PM
The things you talked about are the basic of a batsman.. Its must b learned by playing domestic cricket.. Bt our player cant able 2 learn that in the right time coz of our poor domestic cricket structure... No coach of the world would do this.. If u dont agree with me.. Then show me one exmple... Bt siddons do that for tamim..junaid..imrul etc... Dont blame siddons.. Blame loittar dol (BCB)..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Your comments are so pathetic that I wonder why I even bother respond to this....
What basic are you talking about? These batsmen are already equipped with basics; they can bat and many of whom scored many centuries (Jahurul for example) before coming into the international fold against some top class bowlers (yes, we have some top class spinners in the first class cricket)...

any batsmen in the world would need some sort of tweaking in approach or tecqnique and thats why every team in the world has batting coaches...and of course if their basic is actaully flawed then it is the JOB of the coach to rectify that...and why you are stopping at Tamim, Junaid, Imrul...as a batting coach dont you think every single player should bat a whole better than Dav's era?

Otherwise what do you expect from a batting coach...make $30K per month with benefits and sleep and snore? This is his job. Yet in 3 years he could not get the best out of Ashraful...at least he could have come up with a replacement had he spend decet amout of time with coutry's top 30 batsmen...think thats not his job? then what will he do? Did he ever run any camp for the academy?

If he is not able to change or improve things why bother spending $30K in month?

Cant blame Siddons! We have to worship this moron! He has a license to do whatever he wants! Blaming and Excuses: thats his specialty!

ahmedjamil
June 23, 2010, 06:13 PM
Dear Banglacricket fans,

I do not write very often but I am so disheartened that I felt compelled to write about Siddon's approach and wrong decision making when it comes to pick players for ODI and T20... I would judge him separately on these three formats...

Test

I am happy with the progress he has made with the batting approach and application although we still have occassional madness and collapse. However, our bowling has not improved at all. I feel it's not due to his failure rather the board's. It's 10 years since we had test status. Surely, the board could have a long term program to find a quality fast bowler. Even if we could find 5 potential fast bowlers each year out of our 150million people, we should have had 50 bowlers in ten years and after training, trials and tribulations surely, we could have ended up with 2/3 world class test bowlers by now. But infact we have NIL after 10 years. This is due to the utter inability/incompetence of the board to have a long term strategic plan in place. What's worrying more is that we do not even have a world class spin bowler except Shakib. Another failure. Siddon surely knows it and should act accordingly....

ODI and T20

Sadly, under Siddon, we have gone backward and this is due to the poor selection policy and his attitude. I believe, some of our boys are not suitable to play ODI/T20 cricket. Even the best teams in the world has different ODI/ T20 squad. Siddon needs to identify who are not suitable for these format. Leaving good balls in test is much easier than trying to take at least singles from these good balls in ODI/T20s without getting out. Some of our boys mindframe is to survive and they cannot switch their approcah, rather they get confused trying to attack in the wrong manner in ODI/T20s and hence gets out or SR tooooo low. In my opinion, Imrul Kayes, Jahurul Islam, Raqibul Hasan are these type of player. I would like to see Nazimuddin, shahriar Nafees, Alok Kapali included in these format.

Another big problem is siddon's attitude towards ODI/T20. He keeps talking about personal achievement even in the ODI/T20s. I can understand when he says about personal achievement in tests but why the hell he thinks personal achievement is good enough in ODI/T20s. Sorry, not accebtable after 10 years as a test nation. He has to instill in the mind of the boys that they are capable of beating the G8. How many times we see Tamim get the start but can not win the game for us like Gambhir does or Dilshan does. The reason is he gives the impression that Tamim has done his job by getting 50+... How many players had good start in the last few games but did not continue and sqaundered our chance of getting a decent total. I purely blame Siddon for this....

Overall, we improved in test under Siddons but went backward in ODI/T20....

reyme
June 23, 2010, 06:18 PM
We can blame Siddons as much as we want to; but that won't do squat. Its ultimately the players and their skills that speak on the field. Our bowling was horrendous. On other two occasions, our batting was rotten. So, in the end we just don't know how to bat and bowl. Coach here and coach there won't make a difference. Unless players own up to their responsibilities, its a lost cause.

Good one....maybe all the teams should sack the coaches and save some $.

Its like you go to a college, but there are no teachers! I mean students can read, write anyways and they are one who has to learn by themselves by doing homework, and taking exams. Why do we need teachers? Just do self study.

I wonder what are all these colleges doing hiring so many professors and wasting billions of dollars.

Alchemist
June 23, 2010, 08:24 PM
Your comments are so pathetic that I wonder why I even bother respond to this....
What basic are you talking about? These batsmen are already equipped with basics; they can bat and many of whom scored many centuries (Jahurul for example) before coming into the international fold against some top class bowlers (yes, we have some top class spinners in the first class cricket)...

any batsmen in the world would need some sort of tweaking in approach or tecqnique and thats why every team in the world has batting coaches...and of course if their basic is actaully flawed then it is the JOB of the coach to rectify that...and why you are stopping at Tamim, Junaid, Imrul...as a batting coach dont you think every single player should bat a whole better than Dav's era?

Otherwise what do you expect from a batting coach...make $30K per month with benefits and sleep and snore? This is his job. Yet in 3 years he could not get the best out of Ashraful...at least he could have come up with a replacement had he spend decet amout of time with coutry's top 30 batsmen...think thats not his job? then what will he do? Did he ever run any camp for the academy?

If he is not able to change or improve things why bother spending $30K in month?

Cant blame Siddons! We have to worship this moron! He has a license to do whatever he wants! Blaming and Excuses: thats his specialty!

Agree 100% with you. +1 on the post.

ahnaf
June 23, 2010, 09:26 PM
It seems you started to follow cricket from yesterday! Please educate yourself first before saying all these silly things. Your comments are silly just like your coach.

6 years ago we had worse cricket structure, facilities and so on...yet less talented bunch under the guidance of Dav Whatmore compete hard with extreme desire to win as a unit. Now we have better cricket facilities in Dhaka, we have more skilled players (Jahurul is 10X better than Javed Omar), we have a whole lot more experience, we have more talented players...yet we cant even compete, let alone win.

You want to support your coach, fine...just dont come up with useless excuses.

really interesting!!! Tell me just 1 test playing nation where player comes from only 1 place?? Tell me 1 cricket playing nation where cricket league etc etc are played in only 1 place?? Tell me... Even zim have better cricket structure... You talk about Jaharul??? How many times u see him in int. Cricket?? How many?? Just 2 test?? How can u evaluation a player after only 2 test?? Let him play 1 year then say it.. Talent?? Cricket isnt all about talent... To use talent firstly you should take care of that! But in our country theres nothing to do that... Exmple?? Hahaha.. Seems u have forget about Ashraful.. Please educate yourself first before saying all these silly things... Accept the truth... Prothom alo te majhe majhe koykta coloum ashe.. Ogulo te bcb r cricket r proti udasinoto niye kotha hoy.. Jar mukotha hocche.. Amader int. Cricket khelar alor pichone je ondhokar e gire ache amader cricket katamo ta icc jane na... Amader cricket tar der borocho donnobad deya ucit je tara majhe majhe amader anonder upolokkho ene dicchen...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

ahnaf
June 23, 2010, 09:37 PM

he is our head coach.. Not batting coach.. So why he should do that??? Giving u just 1 exmple... After being head coach of india garry karsten what he said?? I've nothing to do at this level with these player... Making 1 century doesnt mean he've learnt everything... If was that then our ashraful would be 1 of the best batsman at present like m. Clark or KP...Why guyz u talk about Jahurul?? He is only played 2 test.. Let him play 1 more year then talked about it..
If making century in domestic cricket and making century in int. Cricket are same then by this time we should've may b more than 100 centurian and may b 20-30 great batsman with a avag of 40+...<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

ahnaf
June 23, 2010, 09:53 PM
Define "wonders" !

He has no medicine, cure or alternative for Ash.
There was a time even the tailenders fought...lately even the middle order is in tatters. I dont see any resistence from the tail enders anymore...
We have same group of batsmen playing all 3 formats of game...since he could not develop enough batsmen
Name 18 batsmen he developed in 3 years

3 or 4 players doing great batting now...but they were up and coming in Dav's team.
Tamim, Mushy, Shakib all scored half centuries against IND, and they were bound to improve under any decent batting coach.

He has done wonders...how many hours he actually coached this team in 3 years in terms of developing batting skills, teqnique, perseverance, and to build the mental toughness it takes to bat at this level ? Add them up..he took more vacation hours than that!

End Result: We have a team that according to him can't compete at this level!

tamim,mushy,sakib was bound to improve!! Very interesting!! How can u say that?? Tamim?? Tamim dont have any shot in leg side in his hand.. He dont know how to cut.. How to pull... He've only some shot.. When the shot he've didnt work then he used 2 go down the wicket... Bt Js helped him to gain all the cricketing shot.. Tamim said himself.. This isnt enoungh?? Can u give me 1 exmple of a coach who teach a batsman in int. Level how to play shot??? Sakib?? Who make him 1 no all rounder?? Js.. Who make him our strike spin bowler?? Js.. Thats all happens after just one speech from JS.. Do u remember or hear what he said?? He said " this guy will be one of the best finger spinner of the world" after hearing that even prothom alo as well as all reporter was there was laughing... (report : prothom alo)

alibangali
June 24, 2010, 03:17 AM

He's actually made him worse, ash is completely ruined now. Before JS ash used to play with his passion and although he was very inconsistent he did help the team get rare wins. Now he is just a demoralised scared useless player because JS wanted him to change his approach and style.

Zeeshan
June 24, 2010, 04:07 AM
Ashun bhai o bonera....jhogra jhati na kore amra shobai bole uthi:

TA TA THOI THOI TA TA THOI THOI

:-*

Antora
June 24, 2010, 06:15 AM
I voted for the last option.
It may not be wise to change the coach so close to the world cup...but the way we are playing, I don't see us making it to the next round :'(
This is so fustrating!!!
IMO we not only need a highly ambitious coach but also a team psychologist. Cricket is a very psychological game, and our cricketers have a very negative mentality... onek khon wicket nah porle khela chere dey.. as if ekhoni herey gieychey! This sort of mentality needs to be taken out! They need to try heart and soul right till the end... but they don't .. which is even more fustrating.

BANFAN
June 24, 2010, 06:37 AM
BCB are to blame but who will fix them?

Players are there to blame but do we have alternatives and competent players waiting?

Head coach is there to blame but can we get another coach?

From the above questions you will see that it is much easier to get another head coach than to suddenly produce many competent cricketers and its near enough impossible to overhaul the board unless a new party comes in to power.

Would it then not be beneficial for us to invest in a new head coachin the near future and see if the new guy can help our team to win matches and get the players playing positively.

Yes, That's part of the logic, even if u don't want to blame siddions.

But I clearly see JS policies & coaching approach as utter nonsense.

alibangali
June 24, 2010, 05:51 PM
Yes, That's part of the logic, even if u don't want to blame siddions.

But I clearly see JS policies & coaching approach as utter nonsense.

I dont think he can change this, it will be like trying to change your own personality.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

bujhee kom
June 25, 2010, 10:31 AM
Ami bujhee apnader gohin booker adommo betha, bhais ami shobi bujhee! Kokhono kokhono amaro Jammie Siddons-er Taaklu mathay hotaath kore doure eshe jorse ekta kamor othoba Gatta mere abar palie jete iccha kore..

Miraz
June 25, 2010, 11:18 AM
So, about 65% people have no confidence in Siddons with an added 15% think he is doing an average job. That's almost 80% of the total vote.

I should forward this thread to Siddons.

Spitfire_x86
June 25, 2010, 11:53 AM
You shouldn't have made this multiple choice poll. I see 66% people think Siddons is good enough to continue coaching us.

beshideshi
June 25, 2010, 12:33 PM

Miraz bro, the reason why we had to allow Jamie some extra time, because he had to start from negative[not zero, negative] A large portion of the team went away to ICL almost as soon as he took over. It turned out to be good for our cricket eventually, but some extra time should be given to Jamie for that.
But I agree, 3 years is a long time, long enough for a coach to prove his worth. As I said earlier, I do not dislike Jamie, but different people have different opinions. Say if we are to remove Jamie now and give the job to some other guy, it is bound to create unrest amongst the players, the dressing room environment would change, communication between players and coach would be different etc etc. I am saying this as a player, if you change your coach before a major tournament it is likely to cause more harm than gains.

Miraz
June 25, 2010, 12:37 PM
You shouldn't have made this multiple choice poll. I see 66% people think Siddons is good enough to continue coaching us.

Spitfire, it's not that difficult to work out percentages in multiple choice poll. Count the total number of vote and work it out. :)

Neel Here
June 25, 2010, 01:19 PM
not everyone has used all the options, I've used only one for example. that makes it difficult to calculate. :)

alibangali
June 25, 2010, 04:24 PM
Spitfire, it's not that difficult to work out percentages in multiple choice poll. Count the total number of vote and work it out. :)

If we take the first three options as atleast being content with Siddons then the following members will fall under this category named "Pro Siddons" as a reference.

Bond, ahnaf, Green Tea, Imteaz, lamisa, meazz1, mishu, MohammedC, Nasif, nsd3, nycpro96, riankhan, Rommel, Spitfire_x86, Tejkuni, Tigers_Eye, Bancan, BD Tigers, beshideshi, cricket_pagol, Fahim, fsally, godzilla, M.H.Rubel, Neel Here, offstump.

A total of 26/71 = 37%

If we take the last three options as being upset with Siddons then the following members will fall under the category named "Anti Siddons" as a reference.

Abid_Khan, ahmedjamil, Alchemist, alibangali, Baundule, brockley, Catskills, cricket_king, Dhrubo, Dilscoop, Eshen, firstlane, Mahmood, Miraz, Murad, nadim 98, Raynman, riad, roman, Roni_uk, rubel_18, thebest, WarWolf, yaseer, ZeeshanM, assda, BANFAN, I_Knockout_U, nahaz, Rizvi, tail-ender, zainab, nobody, reyme, shabbir, Tokai, Antora,

A total of 37/71 = 52%

Members who fell under both categories above and thus due to contradiction could not be put into either of the above categories will be put under the category named "Confused/Dont Care" as reference.

AsifTheManRahman, bdtiger, Equinox, hassan1975, magic boy, tonoy, Nafi, simon.

A total of 8/71 = 11%

To Further analyse if we were to take the contradicting members out of the total number of voters then

Pro Siddons will be 26/63 = 41%

Anti-Siddons will be 37/63 = 59%

As we can clearly see more fans are unhappy with Siddons :D.

BANFAN
June 29, 2010, 01:09 AM
So, about 65% people have no confidence in Siddons with an added 15% think he is doing an average job. That's almost 80% of the total vote.

Please do it, at least if he can understand that his fooling tactics isn't working well, he might stop doing it. That will be a favor by itself. But don't expect that it will make him a brilliant coach, if he had something to offer, he would have offered it, instead of loud complains and blaming people. 'Empty vessel sounds much, is probably the most appropriate expression for him; no explanation needed I guess.

bujhee kom: Ami bujhee apnader gohin booker adommo betha, bhais ami shobi bujhee! Kokhono kokhono amaro Jammie Siddons-er Taaklu mathay hotaath kore doure eshe jorse ekta kamor othoba Gatta mere abar palie jete iccha kore..

Please do it once and send me your Bank account No...To Enjoy Kachchi Biryani from my side ... :)

zainab
June 29, 2010, 06:27 AM
What I hate the most about JS is that he blames and criticizes players publicly, this demoralizes the players, I am sure some of them are really mad with him. Think about it- how would you like your parents or teachers to criticize you publicly? His attitiude is really shameful, but maybe BCB is OK with this, because they themselves criticize and scold the players publicly.
I really hope that he is fired soon, before he can do more harm.

lamisa
June 29, 2010, 11:07 AM

please do not confuse cricket with football.in football,the coach is responsible for nearly everything in the team,starting with selection,to making strategies,everything nearly.the captain doesn't have much to do in football but with cricket,it's different.

Miraz
June 29, 2010, 11:54 AM
please do not confuse cricket with football.in football,the coach is responsible for nearly everything in the team,starting with selection,to making strategies,everything nearly.the captain doesn't have much to do in football but with cricket,it's different.
How team performance and approach towards the game differs in cricket and football? Why do you think coach's role is limited in cricket?
Care to explain?

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2010, 06:10 PM

Please forward this thread with the following numbers.

about 56% people have confidence in Siddons.
+++
Adding the last three options:
<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CMiju%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsoht ml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-language:AR-SA;} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Abid_Khan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8296), ahmedjamil (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10251), Alchemist (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10058), alibangali (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8857), Antora (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3793), AsifTheManRahman (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=292), Baundule (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=832), bdtiger (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9945), brockley (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=5721), Catskills (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8656), cricket_king (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3539), Dhrubo (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=5517), Dilscoop (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10030), Equinox (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9007), Eshen (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=5842), firstlane (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9979), hassan1975 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2817), I_Knockout_U (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2235), magic boy (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9126), Miraz (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2219), Raynman (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=7063), riad (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4375), roman (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=643), Roni_uk (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=5115), Rizvi (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1710), rubel_18 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4974), SMHasan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1631), tail-ender (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8369), thebest (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1292), tonoy (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3780), WarWolf (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3826), yaseer (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=724), zainab (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=5771), ZeeshanM (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=7191)<o:p></o:p>
asddsa (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8459), BANFAN (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4373), Murad (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2829), nadim 98 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8373), Nafi (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4312), nahaz (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1728), nobody (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2890), reyme (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=505), shabbir (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2037), simon (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=6975), Tokai (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=403),
<o:p> </o:p>
45/75

Adding the first three options:

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CMiju%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsoht ml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-language:AR-SA;} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> AsifTheManRahman (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=292), bdtiger (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9945), Bond (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9991), Equinox (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9007), magic boy (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9126), tonoy (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3780)<o:p></o:p>
ahnaf (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10262), al Furqaan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=328), Equinox (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9007), Green Tea (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8316), Imteaz (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3376), lamisa (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=6596), magic boy (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9126), meazz1 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=5327), mishu (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4771), MohammedC (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4641), Nasif (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=42), nsd3 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=969), nycpro96 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=6592), riankhan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=6772), Rommel (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4520), Spitfire_x86 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=921), tejkuni (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9642), Tigers_eye (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1743), tonoy (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3780), [I]Zobair (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=11), Aritro (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2155), Bancan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2394), BD Tigers (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=336), beshideshi (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8703), cricket_pagol (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=658), Fahim (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1929), fsally (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3840), godzilla (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8810), hassan1975 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2817), M.H.Rubel (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9376), magic boy (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9126), Nafi (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4312), Neel Here (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8872), offstump (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=6637), simon (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=6975), Tigers_eye (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1743)
<o:p> </o:p>
42/75

+++
Spinning can be easily done with the right type of questions and data gathering. Very well done Doc. 80%?

Miraz
June 29, 2010, 07:08 PM
T_E bhai, you are a bit late. :)

You have added you twice in the pro-Siddons category. BTW, I didn't realize that "Doing an average job and should have done better" counts as confidence!! I don't think you can add those votes to the Siddons box.

Recalculation shows 22 out of 75 people has confidence in Siddons. What is the percentage boro bhai?

Dilscoop
June 29, 2010, 07:21 PM
^ Just make a "What are you? - PRO JS or ANTI JS" poll

bujhee kom
June 29, 2010, 08:36 PM
Hummm...tahole ki kora jai ekhon....hummm...

Hmmm...just like Dilscoop bhai said, we should have Pro-Siddons and Anti-Siddons teams seperated first, then I can organize a live real, full physical fight between the two groups, a total savage, gladiator Russell Crowe style, on sand and hot oil!!! And I have the copyright to this and I will collect $$ on this....No khamchis, no spitting!

Bond
June 29, 2010, 09:54 PM
How team performance and approach towards the game differs in cricket and football? Why do you think coach's role is limited in cricket?
Care to explain?

In cricket once a batsman gets out, all the coach can say is "gadha ashraful" and when he enters the dressing room just tell him how not to repeat his mistakes, he's out, his score has been written down, finish. In Football let's say Torres misses a shot and he keeps missing the target, doesn't even attempt, what will the coach do, substitue him, just like today and what was the result? Goalllll!!! in cricket the coaches doesn't have that option.

Football requires more tactics than cricket, mostly in football it's set up by the coaches and they can go towards the boundry line and send their messages, it's all constant, no stops unlike cricket, where coaches are far away from the field, they have to make all their decision before the match and the rest depends on the captain.

In cricket, players need to be more mentally strong, people say it's a team sport if we look at it, it's one on one, bowler vs batsman, batsman or bowler needs to be mentally strong but most of our batters and bowlers are mentally retarded. In football players pass the ball around and try to create chances, in cricket bowlers set up the trap and batsman fall for it. In cricket, if the tactic doesn't work on the field it's upto the captain, In football the coaches can have their say as the players are quite close by.

While I was playing football, and I didn't put enough effort my coach came towards the sidelines and told me off and yes it inspired me to tackle and get the ball and run faster and make good passes. In cricket, when you are facing the bowler, there's no coach's words in your head, whatever you learned from the coach was an hour or two ago, now it's you vs the bowler, mainly expecting what kind of a delivery.

In conclusion, I blame the incompetent Bangladeshi players rather than Jamie Siddons. Are Insturctions that hard for our players to follow? :confused: Do you think he told all our players to play defensively and just hold your wickets, no coaches would want their team to lose matches after matches. Who do you want as a coach? Even if Don Bradman comes back from the graveand becomes the head coach, our players will still never learn how to play proper cricket. But if Ronaldo becomes the coach of North Korea football, they will rank higher than 105.

deshprem
June 30, 2010, 12:35 AM
^^ i think cricket requires more strategy and tactics.

BANFAN
June 30, 2010, 01:27 AM
In cricket once a batsman gets out, all the coach can say is "gadha ashraful" and when he enters the dressing room just tell him how not to repeat his mistakes, he's out, his score has been written down, finish. In Football let's say Torres misses a shot and he keeps missing the target, doesn't even attempt, what will the coach do, substitue him, just like today and what was the result? Goalllll!!! in cricket the coaches doesn't have that option.

Try to give similar examples. In football once a player gets yellow/red card all the coach can say is "Gadha Kaka" ;)

or

In cricket if a player keeps on trying and doesnt connect or find the gap, pressure of run rate creeps higher and higher, all the coach can do is, promot a hard hitting batsman in batting order to up the run rate. You can see the result almost every time Afridi is promoted and he succeeds...

Just like you and I are not similar but yet similar as a man. Every team game is not similar and yet similar in terms of strategy. Coach has equally important role in cricket. Unfortunately, you haven't seen a coach doing it with your team in last two years, so you forgot/didnt have the chance to learn that.

Football requires more tactics than cricket, mostly in football it's set up by the coaches and they can go towards the boundry line and send their messages, it's all constant, no stops unlike cricket, where coaches are far away from the field, they have to make all their decision before the match and the rest depends on the captain.

Cricket requires similar or more tactics than football. Foot ball is a simple game in comparison to cricket. The coach needs to get involved during the game depending on how the ball, pitch, conditions, batsman/bowler on the opponent side. And in cricket communication with the players on field and coach is needed much more. Sending msg through the players on the side line, through the new batsmen going to bat, 1th man with towel and water bottle, during medical attention etc etc is something a good coach will always do to keep the batsmen/bowler do the right thing according to the situation. The need for communication is so much, that Cronje used a mobile with headset on field to communicate with the coach, which was later banned.

In cricket, players need to be more mentally strong, people say it's a team sport if we look at it, it's one on one, bowler vs batsman, batsman or bowler needs to be mentally strong but most of our batters and bowlers are mentally retarded. In football players pass the ball around and try to create chances, in cricket bowlers set up the trap and batsman fall for it. In cricket, if the tactic doesn't work on the field it's upto the captain, In football the coaches can have their say as the players are quite close by.

You are failing to see the team aspect of cricket. A batsman/bowler never go and bat the same way in every match. It all depends on the trategy, what & how you approach. Just like a coach cannot dictae a footballer, whom to pass a ball in from of the post, similarly the coach cannot dictate how a ball should be played when it comes out of the bowler's hand. The remaining manipukations are possible in similar manners in football/cricket. There will be differences in two different games, but don't think it's not needed.

A football coach doesn't get all the 11 beside him during the match, just 2/3, that a cricket coach gets also during fielding. While the cricket coach gets 9 of their 11 sitting with him half of the match time, to dictate strategy.

While I was playing football, and I didn't put enough effort my coach came towards the sidelines and told me off and yes it inspired me to tackle and get the ball and run faster and make good passes. In cricket, when you are facing the bowler, there's no coach's words in your head, whatever you learned from the coach was an hour or two ago, now it's you vs the bowler, mainly expecting what kind of a delivery.

While i was playing cricket, when I was playing a particular bowler, I couldn't understand why I'm not timing well, then the 12th man came with a bottle of water, and told me that the coach told you to reduce your bat speed/backlift, because the pitch is slow, the ball is slowing down after bounce. I focussed on the speed and started connecting the ball so sweetly.

is that somewhat similar to your experience with footbal coach?

In conclusion, I blame the incompetent Bangladeshi players rather than Jamie Siddons. Are Insturctions that hard for our players to follow? :confused: Do you think he told all our players to play defensively and just hold your wickets, no coaches would want their team to lose matches after matches. Who do you want as a coach? Even if Don Bradman comes back from the graveand becomes the head coach, our players will still never learn how to play proper cricket. But if Ronaldo becomes the coach of North Korea football, they will rank higher than 105.

I know why u are confused and you have a genuine question. First of all there has to be some meaningful instruction to follow. Does he or is he capable of providing such meaningful instructions? If he would be why the boys out there and you & all are confused ? The first rule of communication is that it needs to be understandable / meaningful, otherwise we can't call it a communication. And the the resposibility of making it understandable is completely with the communicator, here the coach.

Just like he didn't communicate well with the fans by finger pointing, blaming, multui captain theory, team rules, Toss & playing 11 decisions on many occassions etc etc, from this evidence I can say, that he isn't communicating with the players as well. It's not the fans fault that we didn't understand those craps the way he wanted, the same thing is happening with the players. The instructions must make sense and JS doesn't have the capacity to make sensible communications. if you are in confusion as you admit, don't try to save anyone please, you may be wrong.

Yes I believe he has told our batsmen to play defensively, he defended the policy after the match as well. This was his attitude from the day he has taken up the coaches responsibility. At the end, this was a defeat, but will add to his improvement theory stats, how many times we crossed 150/200. And many of you will eat that as well. He is a destructive force in disguise.

Dilscoop
June 30, 2010, 02:45 AM
Hummm...tahole ki kora jai ekhon....hummm...

Hmmm...just like Dilscoop bhai said, we should have Pro-Siddons and Anti-Siddons teams seperated first, then I can organize a live real, full physical fight between the two groups, a total savage, gladiator Russell Crowe style, on sand and hot oil!!! And I have the copyright to this and I will collect $$ on this....No khamchis, no spitting!

ya lets do that. Pros are going down!

Bond
June 30, 2010, 02:56 AM
@ Banfan - I am sorry comparing a player being red carded and a batsman getting out is a wrong comparison, thus didn't felt like reading the rest of your argument. seems weak. Not strong enough counter argument brother. If it was genuine, I would have spent a little more time but sorry, wrong number.

BANFAN
June 30, 2010, 03:27 AM
@ Banfan - I am sorry comparing a player being red carded and a batsman getting out is a wrong comparison, thus didn't felt like reading the rest of your argument. seems weak. Not strong enough counter argument brother. If it was genuine, I would have spent a little more time but sorry, wrong number.

I'm happy that you didn't read. Be in peace.

You brught the premise, find out something compareable. Out in cricket and playing bad in Footbal isn't same.

lamisa
June 30, 2010, 05:15 AM
Care to explain?

i am not saying that team performance and approach towards the game differs in cricket and football.what i meant was that in football,the coach is the manager and he looks after everything.however,in cricket we have a seperate team management staff,team selectors,coach,etc.in football,the coach has the most influence an has hold on the reins whereas in cricket,the coach can only make suggestions about team selection and management.also in football,if a player is failing to perform his role,he can be substituted during the game whereas in cricket the coach actually has to wait for the next match before changing the playing XI and that too if the team management wishes to do so.again in cricket,the captain has a major job to do unlike football.the game and the situation can change with every delivery in cricket and therefore it is the captain's responsibility to make the proper field set up and change bowlers at the right times.if the captain is incompetent in those areas,it can cost the team the whole match and therefore it is the captain's fault that the team has lost rather than the coach's because the coach cannot send the 12th man after every delivery and tell the captain what to do

alibangali
June 30, 2010, 05:36 AM
i am not saying that team performance and approach towards the game differs in cricket and football.what i meant was that in football,the coach is the manager and he looks after everything.however,in cricket we have a seperate team management staff,team selectors,coach,etc.in football,the coach has the most influence an has hold on the reins whereas in cricket,the coach can only make suggestions about team selection and management.also in football,if a player is failing to perform his role,he can be substituted during the game whereas in cricket the coach actually has to wait for the next match before changing the playing XI and that too if the team management wishes to do so.again in cricket,the captain has a major job to do unlike football.the game and the situation can change with every delivery in cricket and therefore it is the captain's responsibility to make the proper field set up and change bowlers at the right times.if the captain is incompetent in those areas,it can cost the team the whole match and therefore it is the captain's fault that the team has lost rather than the coach's because the coach cannot send the 12th man after every delivery and tell the captain what to do

In football the manager does not do everything, He has an assistant coach, a goalkeeping coach, other specialist coaches depending on how big the team is, he has scouts to look out for perspective players, he has a medical team, he has a team that is responsible for travel and accomadation management and he even has a team that does the laundry. The main responsibilities of the football manager is to pick a squad and then 11 players who start, develop strategy before and during the game and to motivate the team. If the team is successful players get credit as well as himself. If the team does bad he gets fired or he resigns.

alibangali
June 30, 2010, 05:40 AM
Fotball and Cricket are different sports but no matter what the sport is the basics of motivation and strategy is the same. Every team should aim to win and the head coach's/manager's main responsibility is to ensure that he gets the best out of the players he has and achieves success for the team/club/nation.

thebest
June 30, 2010, 11:47 AM
Fotball and Cricket are different sports but no matter what the sport is the basics of motivation and strategy is the same. Every team should aim to win and the head coach's/manager's main responsibility is to ensure that he gets the best out of the players he has and achieves success for the team/club/nation.
That was the spirit of my argument. Football and cricket is two different game but even then Coach/ Manager whatever term you/I use the first job is to devise strategy to beat the opponent. It might be bringing new player or coach to enhance team's capability or nullify opposition's strength. That is the reason like it or not Mourinho/ Whatmore is great ecause they could bring the best out of their player and making strategy to nullify the superior opposition. And that is the reason buchanon or Chappel (both brothers) are bad

reyme
June 30, 2010, 12:07 PM
in football,the coach has the most influence an has hold on the reins whereas in cricket,the coach can only make suggestions about team selection and management.

also in football,if a player is failing to perform his role,he can be substituted during the game whereas in cricket the coach actually has to wait for the next match before changing the playing XI and that too if the team management wishes to do so.

again in cricket,the captain has a major job to do unlike football.the game and the situation can change with every delivery in cricket and therefore it is the captain's responsibility to make the proper field set up and change bowlers at the right times.if the captain is incompetent in those areas,it can cost the team the whole match and therefore it is the captain's fault that the team has lost rather than the coach's because the coach cannot send the 12th man after every delivery and tell the captain what to do

1. Just like in football, even in cricket the coach can call 50 bowlers and 50 batsmen and try out by himself. Specially in a developing cricket nation like ours, if the coach calls 100 players in a camp to suggest his best 11, 15, 22, 30, I dont think Rafiqul Alam led selectors would mind.

2. Both team will have same issues. This is part of cricket. As you said it s different game. But the best coach will pick the best 11 based on opposition stength, conditions, combinations and the pitch.

3. Coaches make strategy and gameplan off the field night before the game or even weeks before. Captains are out there to execute the gameplan. Captains are not supposed to coach the team during the game. A good coach will be able to coach his captain so he can be innovative, sharp, prudent in terms of making decisions on the field and gameplan. The smart and caring coach cwill aslo pass his tips to his captain during the game through 12th man.

_Rafi_
June 30, 2010, 01:50 PM
Lol...ATMR vai tho dekhi sob markai seal marse!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

lamisa
July 1, 2010, 05:28 AM
1. Just like in football, even in cricket the coach can call 50 bowlers and 50 batsmen and try out by himself. Specially in a developing cricket nation like ours, if the coach calls 100 players in a camp to suggest his best 11, 15, 22, 30, I dont think Rafiqul Alam led selectors would mind.

2. Both team will have same issues. This is part of cricket. As you said it s different game. But the best coach will pick the best 11 based on opposition stength, conditions, combinations and the pitch.

3. Coaches make strategy and gameplan off the field night before the game or even weeks before. Captains are out there to execute the gameplan. Captains are not supposed to coach the team during the game. A good coach will be able to coach his captain so he can be innovative, sharp, prudent in terms of making decisions on the field and gameplan. The smart and caring coach cwill aslo pass his tips to his captain during the game through 12th man.

yes,the coach can only suggest but cannot make the decisions whereas in football,the coach is the main decision maker

Tigers_eye
July 1, 2010, 07:07 AM
T_E bhai, you are a bit late. :)

You have added you twice in the pro-Siddons category.
My bad. Couldn't delete properly. But in any case 80%? How many people did you count two times or more?

BANFAN
July 1, 2010, 08:53 AM
yes,the coach can only suggest but cannot make the decisions whereas in football,the coach is the main decision maker

What you are trying to mean isn't clear.

If you are talking of on field situation they can both suggest, the batsman or the striker decides finally how he will hit or where he will place the ball.

If you are talking about off field situations, they can both do the same thing they feel necessary. They both can suggest players he wants in the team, all depends on the fed/board to make them available or not.

Oh God, We are doing so much of unnecessary arguments.

M.H.Rubel
July 1, 2010, 08:54 AM
New bowling coach,New captain,new batting advisor,pressure from managemet,pressure from assistant coach Chacha and downward performance of the team>>>I think Siddons will be in huge pressure and definately he is going to loose autocratic power to rule the team.

lamisa
July 2, 2010, 04:41 AM
What you are trying to mean isn't clear.

If you are talking of on field situation they can both suggest, the batsman or the striker decides finally how he will hit or where he will place the ball.

If you are talking about off field situations, they can both do the same thing they feel necessary. They both can suggest players he wants in the team, all depends on the fed/board to make them available or not.

Oh God, We are doing so much of unnecessary arguments.

no i meant that the coach does the team selection in football but not in cricket.in football,the coach determines the positions in which each player will play but the captain does that in cricket.

BANFAN
July 2, 2010, 06:18 AM
no i meant that the coach does the team selection in football but not in cricket.in football,the coach determines the positions in which each player will play but the captain does that in cricket.

Its same in both the games. The Cpatain can always suggest, but he can never overrule the coach's decision even in Cricket.

bujhee kom
July 4, 2010, 10:44 PM
I voted!

ahnaf
July 5, 2010, 03:26 AM

apu.. Tumi shudu shudu asob ajaira bapare matha gamaitecho keno? Sarajiboneo asob shesh hobe na.. Dui din por por arokom akta new topic create kora hobe nd ghurefire shob aki pachal.... Mejaj e kharap kore dey... Ore maro, ore dhoro, ore kato, ghure fire shob ak kotha.. Hazar ta pachal parleo ki js ke akn bad dibe?? Jiboneo na... Wc er por e ja hobar hobe.. R ak pachal akbar shunle valo lage duibar shunleo kharap lage na.. Tinbar shunleo mana jay.. But aki pachal jodi ghure fire hazarbar bola hoy nd je pachal r kono dam nei ota niye kotha bole lav ki..

lamisa
July 5, 2010, 04:59 AM
^^^^ok,mum's the word!:shh:

MohammedC
July 30, 2010, 03:09 AM
So the coach was doing well up to the begining of 2009 T20 then what happened.

What changes happened after T20 2009 failure?

Did he shujon anything special to the team apart from WI C team success and Zim?

Don't forget we all gave credit to him when our boys were bashing the minnows.

What does he have to say?

I had a hunch back in June when Miraz bhai opened this thread that there is a "Shujon Factor". Whether it is good or bad I did not know. After reading todays Inqilab. If the coach and assistant dont co-operate with each other very well then one has to go.

I have 2 immidiate solution before WC2011.

a- Get rid of Siddons or
b- Get rid of Shujon

M.H.Rubel
July 30, 2010, 05:17 AM
I had a hunch back in June when Miraz bhai opened this thread that there is a "Shujon Factor". Whether it is good or bad I did not know. After reading todays Inqilab. If the coach and assistant dont co-operate with each other very well then one has to go.

a- Get rid of Siddons or
b- Get rid of Shujon

I am in favour of going with option A.And bring a new coach urgently.

lamisa
July 30, 2010, 06:32 AM
^^^^JS is leaving after the wc(80%chances)but i don't think that there's any chance of him leaving bfeore the WC

Dhruvo
July 30, 2010, 09:23 PM
Why is every link blue when I click on this thread ?

zainab
July 31, 2010, 06:21 AM
Funny that Imrul and Shafi gave JS no credit whatsoever.

BANFAN
July 31, 2010, 08:05 AM
I am in favour of going with option A.And bring a new coach urgently.

Mee too. Option two will be fatal. There will be no check on JS crap policies. I don't like to see a repeatation of Rigid Team rules/Multi captain/Changing Natural Abilities/Playing without Team Goals etc etc. If sometimes players are playing for win, I'm sure it's because of Sujon.

Sujon made immediate positive difference by opposing & reducing the ffect of many JS controvertial policies.No ALternatives, it has been proven beyond doubt that JS is harming our cricket by such stupid ideas/experimenting. He must go

al-Sagar
August 1, 2010, 03:01 AM
Mee too. Option two will be fatal. There will be no check on JS crap policies. I don't like to see a repeatation of Rigid Team rules/Multi captain/Changing Natural Abilities/Playing without Team Goals etc etc. If sometimes players are playing for win, I'm sure it's because of Sujon.

Sujon made immediate positive difference by opposing & reducing the ffect of many JS controvertial policies.No ALternatives, it has been proven beyond doubt that JS is harming our cricket by such stupid ideas/experimenting. He must go

siddons is buchanan 2.0

jemon guru twmon shissho

BANFAN
August 4, 2010, 07:38 AM
siddons is buchanan 2.0

jemon guru twmon shissho

Danger of a compounder trying to practice medicine, he thinks, he has learnt enough by seeing and he can do what his boss can do. Applying prescription on symptoms rathar than Diagnosis of disease. So headache for pressure & dehydration gets same medicine. Just like JS, prescribing one kind of batting for all. That's when you can make a rigid batting team rule, it's so simple approach like the "napit ductar". If he knew the complexities of changing/tampering with indivualistic batting styles/approaches, he would never even think of making a batting team rule.

And if the boss is An "A$$ O", you can imagine what the compounder will become !! :) and that's what has happend to JS. KKR fired his boss in one season for same policies, on which JS got an extention of contract. When it hurts your pocket, you really understand fast.

Sohel
August 5, 2010, 01:24 AM
1. He is doing a poor job. His approach is flawed and he is failing to inspire the team.

2. He is un-ambitious and his policy is harmful for a young team.

I don't think he's clueless at all. I think he's PAJI and there for the salaried ride.

I was more than tempted to go the ATMR way but managed to control myself, no idea how :)

zainab
August 5, 2010, 05:39 AM
Well, as usual, Siddons is vacationing in Australia and probably will not start a training camp until after Eid in time for the Kiwis tour.

Baundule
August 5, 2010, 08:00 AM
Well, as usual, Siddons is vacationing in Australia and probably will not start a training camp until after Eid in time for the Kiwis tour.
Actually taking vacations is no problem, as long as he has good control over the proceedings. Not that we will gain anything just compelling him working extra hours.

Ajfar
August 5, 2010, 07:09 PM
Miraz bhai hotat eto chupchap. Any inside news would be great Miraz Bhai. Thanks
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Tiger-ess
August 6, 2010, 07:59 PM

a- Get rid of Siddons or
b- Get rid of Shujon

When I went to see them at the oval:

a- JS walks past me and I say to him"Good luck with the test series Jamie" He replies(with a full grin bottrish ta daat ber kore) "Thank you, Its good to get some pracitce matches eh? before it starts" (still grinning)

b- Shujon wakes past me and before I can even say anything gives me a slightly pervy/"what business do you (a woman) have here?" look. and looks on before he is interrupted by a fellow fan wanting an autograph (I think it was nadim)

so any guesses who my vote goes with:-D

But on a serious note guys, Siddons e media te ki koy ba public ke sorry koy na eishob niye abra eto matha gamay keno. At the end of the day the main people that matter in this situation and in regards to him are the players themselves!

First selectors should look to bloody name a consistent/permanent team for the long term instead of this mix and match nonsesne. Once that is decided I think it should be upto to the squad of players to decide wether they're happy with his efforts as a coach physically, mentally, emotionally.Have an offcial vote within the gang "keep him" & "let him go" not 381 different options. If the majority vote "keep him" then he stays (the definites for this vote are probably Tamim, Imrul, Mushy maybe Bizu/:))and those who voted no should state reasons so that it can be sorted out. If the majority vote is "let him go" then he goes...simple as!

Tiger-ess
August 6, 2010, 08:03 PM
BTW the option "Im happy with him for the tests but Unhappy with him for ODIs" should be added among the 350 options above!

lamisa
August 7, 2010, 05:41 AM
When I went to see them at the oval:

a- JS walks past me and I say to him"Good luck with the test series Jamie" He replies(with a full grin bottrish ta daat ber kore) "Thank you, Its good to get some pracitce matches eh? before it starts" (still grinning)

b- Shujon wakes past me and before I can even say anything gives me a slightly pervy/"what business do you (a woman) have here?" look. and looks on before he is interrupted by a fellow fan wanting an autograph (I think it was nadim)

so any guesses who my vote goes with:-D

But on a serious note guys, Siddons e media te ki koy ba public ke sorry koy na eishob niye abra eto matha gamay keno. At the end of the day the main people that matter in this situation and in regards to him are the players themselves!

First selectors should look to bloody name a consistent/permanent team for the long term instead of this mix and match nonsesne. Once that is decided I think it should be upto to the squad of players to decide wether they're happy with his efforts as a coach physically, mentally, emotionally.Have an offcial vote within the gang "keep him" & "let him go" not 381 different options. If the majority vote "keep him" then he stays (the definites for this vote are probably Tamim, Imrul, Mushy maybe Bizu/:))and those who voted no should state reasons so that it can be sorted out. If the majority vote is "let him go" then he goes...simple as!

hey,imrul said that chacha's been his mentor in the team and all that,didn't mention about JS at all!