PDA

View Full Version : Your Squad For England, Ireland, Scotland, Netherland Odi's

al-Sagar
June 21, 2010, 10:09 PM
this is my squad

tamim iqbal
imrul kayes (cant actually find an alternative)
junaid siddiqui
mushfiqur rahim
mahmudullah riad
jahurul islam
shakib al hasan
mashrafe mortaza
shafiul islam
syed rasel
abdur rajjak

bench: rubel hossain, mahbubul alam robin, shahriar nafees, nazimuddin

reseves: najmul hossain, shuvashis roy, marshal ayub, mahmudul hasan/nasir hossian

sorry ashraful fans ......

also naeem fans (including me), time to get a drop. i feel its time for mahmudul hasan, nasir hossain to have a look.

Dilscoop
June 21, 2010, 10:10 PM
Mashrafe should go somewhere else and practice his bowling there, not in International matches.

Abid_Khan
June 21, 2010, 10:16 PM
why so hate for Kayes, he's been scoring runs unlike other batsmen

wiseshah
June 21, 2010, 11:06 PM
my ODI squad

tamim
kayes
junaed
kapali
mahmudullah
shakib
anamul +
sabbir
razzaq
shafiul
rubel

extra: nazimuddin, najmul hossain, subhashsis roy,faisal

wiseshah
June 21, 2010, 11:09 PM
ideal time to try new faces, weak opponents and world cup is coming up.

siddon shouldn't blame--we dont have any tendulkar or shehwag in our stock. he will have to find one

al-Sagar
June 21, 2010, 11:26 PM
ideal time to try new faces, weak opponents and world cup is coming up.

siddon shouldn't blame--we dont have any tendulkar or shehwag in our stock. he will have to find one

and to find he must try. may be they cant get better than the current lot but they wont get any worse for sure

Gowza
June 21, 2010, 11:54 PM
time to bring in subashis and shuvagoto, maybe shabbir as well, nasir could get a try, maybe even the likes of mahmudul, nur and shaker can get a try. personally i'd still continue with shuvo for a few more matches. sajidul and alauddin babu are a couple of other pacers to maybe consider, as far as batsmen to try, maybe give kapali another chance, nazmus sadat could be trialled as well because both have talent but both are horribly out of form, i guess nazimuddin could be given chances on the back of his good A team performances and jahurul could be given more of a trial. if we tryout keepers i'd being going with mithun or dhiman ahead of anamul, he's still really really young and has had like no domestic experience.

but for me the ones we must try are shuvagoto and subahsis, next would be shabbir and nasir. we could try mahmudul but nasir should get a shot first.....i'd like to give naeem some opportunities higher up the order and give shuvo a few more goes as well.

so in saying that my squad would probably be:

1 tamim
2 imrul
3 junaid
4 riyad
5 shakib
6 naeem
7 shakib
8 shuvo
9 rubel
10 shafiul
11 mash
12 shuvagoto
13 subashis
14 shabbir
15 nasir

if i was going to take nazimuddin i'd probably leave out junaid but he just got a 97 and has been scoring runs in whites so while he's doing alright in the #3 spot, a spot we've had a lot of trouble with for years, i don't think we should drop him.....although maybe junaid and jahurul as well should focus on test cricket.....

magic boy
June 22, 2010, 12:00 AM
I can't really Rely on these players anymore.There is not a single player who can guarantee me a predictible good performance let alone a complete sharp win.even sometime Tamim's contribution sounds fluke!
Nightmarish Europe tour awaiting most probably :(

Dilscoop
June 22, 2010, 12:07 AM
Ya bring in more new guys, in unknown condition. Look what happened to Robiul. He is already a history.

Gowza
June 22, 2010, 12:11 AM
we just really need to get ash out of the squad, give shuvagoto a chance, we need to try and find a pacer and for me the next inline is subashis. we probably don't HAVE to try out more allrounders (shabbir, nasir) but it's always good to have back-ups with experience plus shabbir and nasir give extra variety. i suppose we could just use riyad and kapali though.....

thing is though we don't really need to keep giving matches to guys like ash, kapali, razzak, rasel, etc we know what they have to offer, i mean unless we want to give them match practice then why play them? they aren't vital team members atm and we need to find better replacements for them in the long run so we should start now imo.

also thhink if some of our important players need rest then this is the time to do it against the likes of sctoland and the netherlands, they're still alright teams but better to rest them against them than the top 10 teams.

Imteaz
June 22, 2010, 02:46 AM
Can we go play without Tamim, Junaid & Imrul? WIll be better for team.

mishu
June 22, 2010, 03:13 AM
Ya bring in more new guys, in unknown condition. Look what happened to Robiul. He is already a history.

Major teams Bangladesh, Australian Institute of Sports, Bangladesh A, Khulna Division

condition not new to him... if the player is good, he can perform on the moon...

shajib14
June 22, 2010, 03:25 AM
this is my squad

tamim iqbal
imrul kayes (cant actually find an alternative)
junaid siddiqui
mushfiqur rahim
mahmudullah riad
jahurul islam
shakib al hasan
mashrafe mortaza
shafiul islam
syed rasel
abdur rajjak

bench: rubel hossain, mahbubul alam robin, shahriar nafees, nazimuddin

reseves: najmul hossain, shuvashis roy, marshal ayub, mahmudul hasan/nasir hossian

sorry ashraful fans ......

also naeem fans (including me), time to get a drop. i feel its time for mahmudul hasan, nasir hossain to have a look.

You must be joking. Ashraful has to be with the team but only as a Waterboy :D::floor:

Nadim
June 22, 2010, 03:30 AM
For England:

Same as Asia cup.........But shuvo needs to be drop..get a seamer instead of him. Also, maybe Nazimuddin can be included.

For Ire/Scot/Neth

This players should be given chance
-Marshall ayub (He is class...never given a chance to play for NT team, so why not try this time...he is capable of removing Ashraful from the team)
-Anamul Haque bijoy (Rest mushy.let this guy give a chance.he is a strokemaker + wk cant be worse than mushy)
-Shuvogoto Hom (MUST-No matter what)
-Shuvashis Roy (MUST-no matter what)
-Sabbir Rahman
-Nasir hossain (if Naayeem fail to do something in the eng series)
-shamsur Rahman shuvo
-Shaker Ahmed (To me he is the best SLA in the country after shakib atm.......Rest razzak and pick Shaker)

Dilscoop
June 22, 2010, 03:55 AM
Ash and Mash gotta go. They should go to nets and practice together. Mash needs bowling practice, Ash.. idk what he needs, but he can help Mash pick up the balls at least

Major teams Bangladesh, Australian Institute of Sports, Bangladesh A, Khulna Division

condition not new to him... if the player is good, he can perform on the moon...

who are you talkin about? =S

Dilscoop
June 22, 2010, 03:59 AM
Tamim
Juanid
Imrul
Jahurul
Rahim
Riyad
Shakib
Naeem
Shafiul
Rubel
Nazmul
Alam
Razzak
??

crikss
June 22, 2010, 04:10 AM
No Ashraful.... :(

Dilscoop
June 22, 2010, 04:15 AM
I can't believe you guys even ask this type of questions!!

Dilscoop
June 22, 2010, 04:19 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/team/25.html?template=fixtures

I just realized one thing. We dont play anything after this, until WC11. Is this true? Well they have a good chance of closing this year in high, by winning at least one ODI v ENG, and 4-0 against the _Landers. Or else I have a bad feeling about Sat Feb 19. They will take revenge of 07!

(by lookin at that link, things aren't looking very good for us in WC! :()

Equinox
June 22, 2010, 12:18 PM
It's high time for separate teams for each format.

Tests:
Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Zunaed Siddique
Jahirul Islam
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mahmudullah
Shakib Al Hasan
Naeem Islam
Shahadat Hossain
Shafiul Islam
Rubel Hossain
Sohrawardi Shuvo
Dhiman Ghosh
Rokibul Hasan
Nazimuddin

ODIs:
Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Zunaed Siddique
Mushfiqur Rahim
Shakib Al Hasan
Shuvagoto Hom
Mahmudullah
Nasir Hossain
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shafiul Islam
Abdur Razzak

Shamsur Rahman
Shabbir Rahman
Nazmul Hossain
Syed Rasel

bdtiger
June 22, 2010, 12:56 PM
When the team will be announced?

Nafi
June 22, 2010, 01:08 PM
tamim iqbal
imrul kayes
junaid siddique
Jaharul Islam
mushfiqur rahim
mahmudullah riad
shakib al hasan
mashrafe mortaza
shafiul islam
syed rasel
Rubel hossain

bench: Abdur Razzak, mahbubul alam robin, Rokibul hasan, nazmul hossain
reseves: shuvashis roy, marshal ayub, nasir hossian, shamsur rahman

Ashraful carries the drinks

bdtiger
June 22, 2010, 01:15 PM
So guys none of you are keeping Ashraful in your team? What happened? He is not so lame! He is better than most of the new chaps and also some experienced buras. He can also ball. So he should be considered.

Dilscoop
June 22, 2010, 01:30 PM
You guys need to get off of Ashfools nuts! That guy clearly lost his brain. EVERYONE, even none Bangladeshi here knows it. Indian, Pakistani, even West Indians here asking abuout why this guy is still in the team

shakibrulz
June 22, 2010, 01:58 PM
So guys none of you are keeping Ashraful in your team? What happened? He is not so lame! He is better than most of the new chaps and also some experienced buras. He can also ball. So he should be considered.

How is he better than the new chaps? Care to elaborate?

rinathq
June 22, 2010, 02:01 PM
This is the worst time to try new players. We need to play our old players as much as possible so that they are fit and ready to go for the world cup. Time for experiments is over. We have less than a year to go for the world cup. At any costs we need Tamim, Sakib, Mash, Mushfiq, Shafiul, Razzaq performing well. It is simply not possible to win games without these 5. A lot of people have been disgusted by mash's performance. Guiss, he just returned. He is working hard. I would rather play Mash than bowlers like Rubel, Shahadat, Rasel, Robiul and so on. He is a better option than all of them in ODI. Sakib needs to get back to batting badly. We also need Razzaq back. Our wicket taker! He is certainly the most economical in the last game. Thats good. So my squad for England would be,
Tamim
Zunaid
Mushfiq
Alok
Mahmudllah
Sakib (He will do better at slog overs)
Naeem
Mash
Razzaq
Shafiul
Rubel

Bench: Imrul (It is because of him Tamim gets out early), Nafees (check his ave guys), Nazmul, Rakibul

rinathq
June 22, 2010, 02:07 PM
How is he better than the new chaps? Care to elaborate?

well honestly he is. look at the new chaps,
Mahmudullah: Poor batting nothing better than Ash (In ODI)
Shuvo: waste of space. No use of bowling and bad batting
Naeem: Takes forever to settle in
Imrul: Its because of him Tamim has to worry about runs and take risks because he doesn't

However, i dunt want Ash in the team. I would rather have Alok, Nafees, Nazimuddin, Raqibul, Aftab in the team (either one of those)

uss01
June 22, 2010, 02:13 PM
I like offstump's team list the best, because it had 4 full time bowlers, 6 batsmen and an allrounder (Shakib). Playing with 8 batsmen and 3 full time bowlers is a recipe for 300+ total when we bowl first. Especially because those 8 batsmen are useless in chasing big totals anyway. For some reason the selectors are obsessed with the 8 batsmen formula.

shakibrulz
June 22, 2010, 02:19 PM
well honestly he is. look at the new chaps,
Mahmudullah: Poor batting nothing better than Ash (In ODI)
Shuvo: waste of space. No use of bowling and bad batting
Naeem: Takes forever to settle in
Imrul: Its because of him Tamim has to worry about runs and take risks because he doesn't

However, i dunt want Ash in the team. I would rather have Alok, Nafees, Nazimuddin, Raqibul, Aftab in the team (either one of those)
Mahmudullah is way better than Ash in the ODI's. Atleast he keeps getting those 20's and 30's fairly consistently batting down the order than Ashraful who gets out consistently for single figures. And Ashraful got way more chances than he deserves.

Imrul - Well, though he sucked in the last match vs Pak, he can do way better than I believe. Tamim doesn't take risks because of him, he's always gonna play like that. Even in tests. He has the potential to Anchor the innings, and has to improbe. And he has hardly played 20 ODIs.

Agree about Shuvo, Shuvo looks crap and waste of space indeed, and Naeem though takes time to settle in, can compliment well the players like Shakib or Tamim.

Murad
June 22, 2010, 02:28 PM
I hope selectors give Ash a long break from internatioal cricket. He should go back to his county local clubs (rain hill or something) as there's no domestic/A-team tours at the moment.

rinathq
June 22, 2010, 02:29 PM
Mahmudullah is way better than Ash in the ODI's. Atleast he keeps getting those 20's and 30's fairly consistently batting down the order than Ashraful who gets out consistently for single figures. And Ashraful got way more chances than he deserves.

Imrul - Well, though he sucked in the last match vs Pak, he can do way better than I believe. Tamim doesn't take risks because of him, he's always gonna play like that. Even in tests. He has the potential to Anchor the innings, and has to improbe. And he has hardly played 20 ODIs.

Agree about Shuvo, Shuvo looks crap and waste of space indeed, and Naeem though takes time to settle in, can compliment well the players like Shakib or Tamim.

Well Mahmudullah i can agree with but not Imrul
Yes, Tamim does take risks because thats the way he is. But He takes those risks because of Imrul. I have seen the last game. We had a huge target to chase so somebody has to try right? Tamim started well than he had to speed up because imrul wasn't getting any runs at all. If Zunaid was batting with him he couldve been playing with less pressure.

shakibrulz
June 22, 2010, 02:29 PM
I like offstump's team list the best, because it had 4 full time bowlers, 6 batsmen and an allrounder (Shakib). Playing with 8 batsmen and 3 full time bowlers is a recipe for 300+ total when we bowl first. Especially because those 8 batsmen are useless in chasing big totals anyway. For some reason the selectors are obsessed with the 8 batsmen formula.

But the thing is most of them suck, so no point in loading the team with bowlers. Syed and Mashrafe are completely out of sorts. Still yes, offstump's lineup is pretty decent except that I'd prefer Rubel over Syed.

shakibrulz
June 22, 2010, 02:31 PM
Well Mahmudullah i can agree with but not Imrul
Yes, Tamim does take risks because thats the way he is. But He takes those risks because of Imrul. I have seen the last game. We had a huge target to chase so somebody has to try right? Tamim started well than he had to speed up because imrul wasn't getting any runs at all. If Zunaid was batting with him he couldve been playing with less pressure.

Well yeah, Imrul was struggling, agree, but that was one match. The guy has s/r over 60's which is not pathetic TBH. He's also inexperinced, gotta give him some time before you dismiss him like that.

uss01
June 22, 2010, 04:06 PM
Well most of our batsmen suck as well. Plus having an extra bowler is huge for providing rest between spells for fast bowlers.

But the thing is most of them suck, so no point in loading the team with bowlers. Syed and Mashrafe are completely out of sorts. Still yes, offstump's lineup is pretty decent except that I'd prefer Rubel over Syed.

dolcevita
June 22, 2010, 04:14 PM
Yesterday Tamim was out because Mr kayes waste 20 balls without scoring 1 single
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

dolcevita
June 22, 2010, 04:15 PM
You guys need to get off of Ashfools nuts! That guy clearly lost his brain. EVERYONE, even none Bangladeshi here knows it. Indian, Pakistani, even West Indians here asking abuout why this guy is still in the team

Ashrool is good on his new. Role : WATER BOY

simon
June 22, 2010, 04:57 PM
I want to maké 2 changes to Offstump's squad:
Mash & Rasel should be replaced by maybe Shahadat & Rubel,though I'm not too sure how better these 2 can do but Mash need more time to recover & Rasel is just not effective,so...
I'd like to see Kapali but Jarule deserves a chance.

nycpro96
June 22, 2010, 05:06 PM
Raqibul needs to come back. Ash needs to just go. Riyad is in terrible form so maybe promote Naeem up the order?

Ajfar
June 22, 2010, 05:36 PM
great idea lets bring in a bunch of new kids and get our *** kicked by ireland and netherlands.

Got a question for you all folks where are we playing world cup next year?? Not in in ireland and netherland

Ajfar
June 22, 2010, 05:39 PM
I hope selectors give Ash a long break from internatioal cricket. He should go back to his county local clubs (rain hill or something) as there's no domestic/A-team tours at the moment.

Murad bhai that club is bogus. Thats not even a professional league Its almost like a weekend league kind of thing. He needs to go back to his mentor cant remember his name. Is there any domestic cricket coming up?

bujhee kom
June 22, 2010, 05:45 PM
This my Team for the above mentioned Tour, Summer, 2010

1. Tamim Iqbal Khan
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Mehrab Hossain Jr.
4. Junaid Siddiquie
5. Jahurul Islam
6. Marshall Ayub
7. Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
8. Shakib Al Hasan
9. Shabbir Ahmed (?)
10. Abdur Razzak Lalla
11. Shafiul Islam
12. Shahadat Hossain
13. Mahbubul Alam Robin
14. Shubhagoto Hom Dash
15. Nameem Islam

Nasif
June 22, 2010, 08:17 PM
Considering current situation and team morale, it would be a dangerous tour. We might just get beat by the minnows real bad!

al Furqaan
June 22, 2010, 09:16 PM
my XV:

1) tamim
2) imrul - selfish play aside, i think he's developing quite well
3) junaid
4) mushfiq
5) Shakib
6) Naeem - he should get back into form, especially against the minnows
7) Riyad
8) Mashrafee - too early to discard him
9) Razzak - been bowling well last 4 ODIs, very imp. for WC11
10) Rasel - everyone went for runs, we can't discard him yet.
11) Shafiul - most promising pacer
12) Jahirul - lets see what he has
13) Shubhashis - time to test backup pacers
14) Enamul Haque Jr - why does no one ever think he can bowl in one-dayers???
15) whoever has been the most consistent run scorer or allrounder in domestics

Gowza
June 22, 2010, 09:34 PM
i'm really not a fan of enamul haque jr these days, prefer to work on nur and shaker tbh....or the allrounders shabbir, mahmudul, nasir, even kapali. i know shuvo hasn't done well in the couple of chances he's got so far but we should give him a few more tbf.

but as far as the extra batsman goes definitely shuavgoto, definitely subashis for the extra pacer, and if they try any new allrounders they need to be shabbir or nasir imo (otherwise mahmudul but i think the other 2 should be ahead of him atm).

zainab
June 22, 2010, 09:41 PM
Why is everyone here mentioning the names of newbies, international cricket is not an arena to introduce new inexperienced guys, they should play more domestic cricket and spend a few years in the A team. I still feel that going with experienced players is the best way.
And I wonder who would choose Nafees, utter useless, cannot move his feet whilst batting, he does not seem interested in playing international cricket.
England just gave the mighty Aussies a good beating, regardless of who is in the BD squad, they are no match for the Brits.BD only chances of winning an ODI this year is against Scotland, Ireland and the Netherlands and here I hope they play their experienced players and leave out the newbies, or else they will not win an ODI this year even against Zim.

Gowza
June 22, 2010, 09:44 PM
yeah nafees should not be selected, go with tamim, imrul, junaid, jahurul, shamsur even open with rahim ahead of nafees please. even nazimuddin at this stage.

czone
June 22, 2010, 09:49 PM
time to bring in subashis and shuvagoto, maybe shabbir as well, nasir could get a try, maybe even the likes of mahmudul, nur and shaker can get a try. personally i'd still continue with shuvo for a few more matches. sajidul and alauddin babu are a couple of other pacers to maybe consider, as far as batsmen to try, maybe give kapali another chance, nazmus sadat could be trialled as well because both have talent but both are horribly out of form, i guess nazimuddin could be given chances on the back of his good A team performances and jahurul could be given more of a trial. if we tryout keepers i'd being going with mithun or dhiman ahead of anamul, he's still really really young and has had like no domestic experience.

but for me the ones we must try are shuvagoto and subahsis, next would be shabbir and nasir. we could try mahmudul but nasir should get a shot first.....i'd like to give naeem some opportunities higher up the order and give shuvo a few more goes as well.

so in saying that my squad would probably be:

1 tamim
2 imrul
3 junaid
4 riyad
5 shakib
6 naeem
7 shakib
8 shuvo
9 rubel
10 shafiul
11 mash
12 shuvagoto
13 subashis
14 shabbir
15 nasir

if i was going to take nazimuddin i'd probably leave out junaid but he just got a 97 and has been scoring runs in whites so while he's doing alright in the #3 spot, a spot we've had a lot of trouble with for years, i don't think we should drop him.....although maybe junaid and jahurul as well should focus on test cricket.....
Shuvagoto and Munna are going to Australia for high performance training. They will be there for 2-3 months.

zainab
June 22, 2010, 10:07 PM
Shuvagoto and Munna are going to Australia for high performance training. They will be there for 2-3 months.

Great news, but who is Munna?

al-Sagar
June 22, 2010, 10:10 PM

thats nice......

very good selection

Gowza
June 22, 2010, 10:27 PM

when are they going? it's the off season atm, would be better if they went during the aussie summer i would think...although at least they get to see what pro cricketers do to keep themselves in the off season. as has already been asked, who is munna?

max410
June 22, 2010, 11:04 PM
here is my squad for best 11:

1.TAMIM IQBAL
2.IMRUL KAYES
3.JUNAID SIDDIQUE
4.JAHURUL ISLAM (WK)
5.SAKIB AL-HASSAN
6.MAHMUDULLAH RYAD
7.NAYEEM ISLAM
8.ABDUR RAZZAK
9.SHAFIUL ISLAM
10.RUBEL HOSSAIN
11.SHAHADAT HOSSAIN

deshifan
June 22, 2010, 11:06 PM
I'd rather include my name but no Ashrafooool.....

Nadim
June 23, 2010, 12:04 AM
Munna is Nur hossain (LS)

feel Sabbir Rahman should have been there with shuvogoto and nur.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Ajfar
June 23, 2010, 12:08 AM
is munna that leg spinner who plays for sylhet?

Nadim
June 23, 2010, 12:40 AM
is munna that leg spinner who plays for sylhet?

sylhet???

and yes he is a leggie who played for u19 and A team recently against WI and SA. see the link
www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/400588.html

zainab
June 23, 2010, 06:42 AM

1.TAMIM IQBAL
2.IMRUL KAYES
3.JUNAID SIDDIQUE
4.JAHURUL ISLAM (WK)
5.SAKIB AL-HASSAN
6.MAHMUDULLAH RYAD
7.NAYEEM ISLAM
8.ABDUR RAZZAK
9.SHAFIUL ISLAM
10.RUBEL HOSSAIN
11.SHAHADAT HOSSAIN

Seem to be a good squad, but I will choose Shahadat ahead of Rubel, he still has to learn to bowl line and length. They have to choose 4 more players to make up the squad.

alibangali
June 23, 2010, 07:56 AM
Too much hate for ash, but he does not deserve to be no where near the team until he can sort himself out.

wiseshah
June 23, 2010, 08:45 AM
i'm really not a fan of enamul haque jr these days, prefer to work on nur and shaker tbh....or the allrounders shabbir, mahmudul, nasir, even kapali. i know shuvo hasn't done well in the couple of chances he's got so far but we should give him a few more tbf.

but as far as the extra batsman goes definitely shuavgoto, definitely subashis for the extra pacer, and if they try any new allrounders they need to be shabbir or nasir imo (otherwise mahmudul but i think the other 2 should be ahead of him atm).

shuvo actually better in test, or longer version matches. i dont know why we r trying to make him ODI bowler.
his batting, bowling both ideal for test match. but sadly, he has to pass ODI then he might get chance in test. should have been other way around.

shaker is a good spinner, but i didnt like noor's bowling, i think he is over hyped, he still needs long time to develop.

sabbir, anamul, mahmudul, shuvagoto--- they are all ready now
nasir--- he was promising but he is fading away, no mentionable performance in recent past.

kapali, nazimuddin----definitely should be under radar. kapali for 20/20 and nazimuddin for test and 20/20

wiseshah
June 23, 2010, 08:47 AM

1.TAMIM IQBAL
2.IMRUL KAYES
3.JUNAID SIDDIQUE
4.JAHURUL ISLAM (WK)
5.SAKIB AL-HASSAN
6.MAHMUDULLAH RYAD
7.NAYEEM ISLAM
8.ABDUR RAZZAK
9.SHAFIUL ISLAM
10.RUBEL HOSSAIN
11.SHAHADAT HOSSAIN

shahadat---- r u serious? good luck then

nahaz
June 23, 2010, 08:51 AM
Based on mine and couple of other ppl's mentions:
1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Junaed
4. Jahurul
5. Riyad
6. Mushfique (wk)
7. Shakib
8. Shuvo (we have to figure out now if he'd keep playing ODIs; mainly, his bowling, is it any good?)
9. Shafi
10. Mashrafee
11. Rubel
12. Shahadat
13. Shavashish Roy
14. Naeem (as a batsman; he'd go to six, and rest would get pushed down with Shuvo out)
15. Nazimuddin(/other decent domestic performer from DPL)

Gowza
June 23, 2010, 06:15 PM
shuvo actually better in test, or longer version matches. i dont know why we r trying to make him ODI bowler.
his batting, bowling both ideal for test match. but sadly, he has to pass ODI then he might get chance in test. should have been other way around.

shaker is a good spinner, but i didnt like noor's bowling, i think he is over hyped, he still needs long time to develop.

sabbir, anamul, mahmudul, shuvagoto--- they are all ready now
nasir--- he was promising but he is fading away, no mentionable performance in recent past.

kapali, nazimuddin----definitely should be under radar. kapali for 20/20 and nazimuddin for test and 20/20

i agree shuvo should have been given his chance in test matches, but he's not been given that chance, his chance atm is with the one-day team, they shouldn't discard him after only a handful of matches imo.

nur is probably the most promising leggy in BD, next might be shabbir.....i agree he needs more work but shaker probably does as well, however i still prefer them over enamul haque jr....

i'm a bit hesitant to give anamul and mahmudul their chances now, the reason for that is they've played barely any domestic cricket and haven't been overly successful when they have. shabbir hasn't played much in domestics but at least he's dominated with the bat when he has, shuvagoto has more experience but still not a huge amount but has been dominant across formats. nasir is simply the next allrounder inline imo, the selectors recently picked him for a squad so he must be on their minds and must be close, he's got more experience than mahmudul and shabbir who are probably his biggest competition.

Only1raz
June 24, 2010, 03:44 AM
Tamim Iqbal - Automatic
Shakib Al Hasan - Automatic
Mushfiqur Rahim - Automatic
Mahmudullah Riyad - Automatic
Shafiul Islam - Automatic
Abdur Razzak - Best one day spinner we have behind Shakib
Imrul Kayes - He has improved a lot and is the best we have to open along with Tamim
Junaid Siddique - He deserves his chance after a good batting display against Pakistan
Jahurul Islam - Even though his List A average is poor in domestic cricket, he can't be dropped after one chance. It wouldn’t be fair
Raqibul Hasan - His scoring maybe slow, he maybe a drama queen but he is a very good cricketer and helps build partnership and should be recalled
Alok Kapali - Its about time he got his chance, when the likes of Ashraful & Aftab have been given plenty
Mashrafe Mortaza - No matter how his performance was in the Asia cup, he is still a legend and the best pacer Bangladesh has produced. Deserves another chance
Rubel Hossain - Don't have any better pacers
Nazmul Hossain -He has improved a lot and impressed during the games he played when we were having pacer crisis
Subashis Roy -Defiantly time to see what the back up pacer is like. Test him against Scotland & Netherlands
Nasir Hossain - Experience of being round the first team will do him good and maybe test him against Scotland & Netherlands

OUT

Mohammad Ashraful - We all agree he needs a LONG rest from internationals until he can/if he EVER can get his game together
Naeem Islam - After that wonderful match winning 73 against Zimbabwe, he hasn’t done anything worth of note and has been given a FREE ride
Suhrawadi Shuvo - After all the hype, he has been a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. Looks nothing more then a domestic performer, another Tushar Imran
Syed Rasel - He just didn’t look right in the Asia cup and shouldn’t be in the team until he gets his game together

max410
June 24, 2010, 05:21 AM
Seem to be a good squad, but I will choose Shahadat ahead of Rubel, he still has to learn to bowl line and length. They have to choose 4 more players to make up the squad.

i knwo shahadat is good bowler unlike rubel who has the pace if rubel can develop swings line and length he can do well in the series

M.H.Rubel
June 24, 2010, 08:20 AM
1.Tamim
2.Imrul
3.Junaid
4.Mushy
5.Shakib
6.Riyad
7.Naeem
8.Suhrawardy
9.Mash
10.Russel
11.Shafiul
_ _ _ _
12.Jahurul
13.Shahadat
14.Razzak
15.Rubel
*No Ash

Ajfar
June 24, 2010, 08:21 AM
sylhet??

I think I was mixing him up with Raju

jahidus200
June 24, 2010, 04:39 PM
tamim iqbal
junaeed siddiqe
aftab ahmed
mohammed ashraful
mahmudullah riad
sakib al hasan
jahirul islam
masrafiie mortaza {make him captain we will do better}
shafiul islam,
rubel hosain

kiriket
June 24, 2010, 11:04 PM
Tamim Iqbal
Anamul Haq
Nazimuddin
Junaid siddiqui

Subhagoto Hom
Alok Kapali
Sakib Al Hasan
Nasir Hossain

Mahmudul Hasan/Nazmul hossain
Safiul Islam
Rubel Hossain

kiriket
June 24, 2010, 11:08 PM
tamim iqbal
junaeed siddiqe
aftab ahmed
mohammed ashraful
mahmudullah riad
sakib al hasan
jahirul islam
masrafiie mortaza {make him captain we will do better}
shafiul islam,
rubel hosain

দাদা আপনি গোল্লা, নাফিস ইকবাল, হান্নান, এনামুল জুনিয়র, সৈকত, হাসানুজ্জামান এদের নামটা বোধ হয় ভুলে যোগ করেন নি, তাই না?

wiseshah
June 24, 2010, 11:19 PM
দাদা আপনি গোল্লা, নাফিস ইকবাল, হান্নান, এনামুল জুনিয়র, সৈকত, হাসানুজ্জামান এদের নামটা বোধ হয় ভুলে যোগ করেন নি, তাই না?

hillarious. agree with u.

wiseshah
June 24, 2010, 11:22 PM
Tamim Iqbal
Anamul Haq
Nazimuddin
Junaid siddiqui

Subhagoto Hom
Alok Kapali
Sakib Al Hasan
Nasir Hossain

Mahmudul Hasan/Nazmul hossain
Safiul Islam
Rubel Hossain

i like your team. i would place sabbir rahman instead of either mahmudul or nasir. i think sabbir could be useful like shakib, this guy has serious talent, just need to guide him rightly. i am sure under great coach, he will improve greatly.

alibangali
June 25, 2010, 04:37 AM
Does anyone know when the squad will be announced.

zainab
June 25, 2010, 05:49 AM
England is beating the crap out of the mighty Aussies, good match practice for the Brits before their ODI series against BD. Now, it does not matter who the selectors choose, they will still be soundly beaten by the Brits, just look at their(ENG) bowling and batting lineup, BD does not have a chance.
Morgan and Broad are the 2 in the England side who can do serious damage.
BD's only hope of winning an ODI is against Scotland, Netherlands and Ireland, even the Scots are improving their game.
I wonder which players will be the scapegoats now after Ash is dropped.

Fahim
June 25, 2010, 02:08 PM
Tamim
Jahurul
Junaid
Mushfiq
Mahmudullah
Shakib
Ashraful
Mortaza
Shafiul
Razzak
Rasel

SS
June 25, 2010, 02:44 PM
like all of you (older or newer) members, I lost my words...following BD cricket, team, players requires such a strong and emotionless heart that I wonder how ppl keep on dreaming in this realistic world...

long story short...we have no options all players are nonethless same and performing really bad ...a big humiliation is ahead of us...and I hardly want to witness it

alibangali
June 25, 2010, 03:28 PM
England is beating the crap out of the mighty Aussies, good match practice for the Brits before their ODI series against BD. Now, it does not matter who the selectors choose, they will still be soundly beaten by the Brits, just look at their(ENG) bowling and batting lineup,BD does not have a chance.
Morgan and Broad are the 2 in the England side who can do serious damage.
BD's only hope of winning an ODI is against Scotland, Netherlands and Ireland, even the Scots are improving their game.
I wonder which players will be the scapegoats now after Ash is dropped.

You should copyright your post, JS might use this as its perfect material for him

Rifat
June 25, 2010, 10:18 PM
For England:

Same as Asia cup.........But shuvo needs to be drop..get a seamer instead of him. Also, maybe Nazimuddin can be included.

For Ire/Scot/Neth

This players should be given chance
-Marshall ayub (He is class...never given a chance to play for NT team, so why not try this time...he is capable of removing Ashraful from the team)
-Anamul Haque bijoy (Rest mushy.let this guy give a chance.he is a strokemaker + wk cant be worse than mushy)
-Shuvogoto Hom (MUST-No matter what)
-Shuvashis Roy (MUST-no matter what)
-Sabbir Rahman
-Nasir hossain (if Naayeem fail to do something in the eng series)
-shamsur Rahman shuvo
-Shaker Ahmed (To me he is the best SLA in the country after shakib atm.......Rest razzak and pick Shaker)

Good :up:

Rifat
June 25, 2010, 10:28 PM
Nadim98,

Your Post Gave me an idea, which I am very sure BCB will not try, nor will anyone care, but i am going to post it anyways.

Bangldesh should have seperate squads for Test and ODI...more "experienced" players play tests...more "skilled" players play ODI.

For Tests, it is good to have guys like Mushfiqur Rahim while for ODI's it is good to have guys like Anamul Haque Bijoy

my point is that pick a squad based on the players style of play:

I am not familiar with the current Bangladeshi lineup and their form as lately I have not been able to follow Bangladesh Cricket too often, so you guys can figure out, actually BCB and management can figure out how to unearth the true potential of each player to the appropriate service of Bangladesh Cricket.

of course, performing players will always be on all squads(T20, Test, ODI all formats included!).

the current BCB should take strong lessongs from the English Cricket Board(ECB)...truly, their true success behind the recent T20 is because they have optimized their REAL T20 players skills(they picked squads based on each players style of play) they have certain players for T20, certain players for Test, and certain players for ODI....

watch English cricket go even higher from this point on...this is just the beginning of their peak(they will very soon rival Australlia) because of excellent management decisions, and excellent orgnaization!

Bangladesh have certain players for longer formats, some for shorter formats, do some soul searching and you shall find your answer. come on it is not too hard ;)

shakibrulz
June 25, 2010, 11:12 PM
But don't you guys think it's too early for guys like Anamul to get a place in the squad? Let him prove himself before he gets a place in the squad..

zainab
June 26, 2010, 07:29 AM
I do reiterate here, no newbies, this tour is too important, they have to secure a few wins in England, or else they will have a record of having no wins for the whole year which is worse than Zimbabwe.Shuvo was given a try in the Asia cup, no good, he will be worse in England.
I still feel that Mash should be given a chance against the Assoiciates, but not against England, they will thrash him mercilessly.

One World
June 26, 2010, 02:19 PM
I want the best team possible and crush those novices hard so that "minnow" tag is never ever brought in.

zainab
June 27, 2010, 06:57 AM
What best team? No such thing in BD cricket, the players are not capable to win a match. Hope they show some spunk against the Associates, now it will be a painful experience against England on their turf.

Equinox
June 27, 2010, 07:45 AM
What best team? No such thing in BD cricket, the players are not capable to win a match. Hope they show some spunk against the Associates, now it will be a painful experience against England on their turf.
Exaggeration. But yeah no chance against England with the way they are playing now.

zainab
June 28, 2010, 06:13 AM
England has won the series against the No1 mighty Aussies, what chances have BD got now? With all the 50 over batting and bowling practice, England will be a very tough team to beat.Will be very painful to see BD get hammered, but who knows, I hope they put up a fight.

beshideshi
June 28, 2010, 06:25 AM
Honestly speaking, after the Test series i was hoping BD would be able to pull off at least one victory against the Brits, but after watching them play the Aussies I have no hope left. It will be a bigger surprise than cardiff 2005 if we manage to win a game.
I have never seen a better limited overs England team[following cricket since 96, so dont know about earlier]