PDA

View Full Version : Achievements under Sakib Al Hasan

rinathq
June 22, 2010, 02:17 PM
Hi guys this is my first thread hope u guys like it,
I have been wondering lately about the achievements of Bangladesh Cricket under Sakib. Many of u guys think he is the best captain we have ever had. How? under his captaincy we have only managed to win against a 2nd West Indies team and a out of form Zim. On the downside we have lost the performance of Sakib himself. His betting is not getting any better but worse after he became captain. Also he is a very selfish captain and he doesn't want Mash in the team because he might take over. That is bad attitude. Even Ash was better in this respect. Also he has an affection for leg spinners and doesn't use mahmudllah, naeem much when they are playing.

So how is he a good captain? will he better off playing independently? Could Mash be a better captain? BCB along with a lot of us have a wrong impression of who should be a captain. We shouldn't go around making a player a captain just because he is playing well but the player who is consistent and most essentially experienced

Dilscoop
June 22, 2010, 02:37 PM
He should give up Captaincy, because we all knew he was gonna lose his form. It's not easy leading a team like this. A lot of hate going around in BC toward Shakib, idk. He is going through a bad patch. Every one does, and we are all hating him. Think about the things he has done, and what he has achieved. We are all in love with Tamim right now to realize Shakib. And I have a bad feeling when Tamim loses his form, they will be after him too.

Only thing I dislike about Shakib is his SLA biased bowling change and under-use of Riyad.

shakibrulz
June 22, 2010, 02:41 PM
Hi guys this is my first thread hope u guys like it,
I have been wondering lately about the achievements of Bangladesh Cricket under Sakib. Many of u guys think he is the best captain we have ever had. How? under his captaincy we have only managed to win against a 2nd West Indies team and a out of form Zim.
Correction - atleast we managed to win against 2nd string WI side, and ZIM. And how the hell did you deem that ZIM were out of form?

On the downside we have lost the performance of Sakib himself. His betting is not getting any better but worse after he became captain.
Agree, though I dunno if it's due to the burden of captiancy. If it is, he should, 100%.

Also he is a very selfish captain and he doesn't want Mash in the team because he might take over. That is bad attitude. Even Ash was better in this respect. Also he has an affection for leg spinners and doesn't use mahmudllah, naeem much when they are playing.

LOL, Mahmudullah is underused, but he's not way better than even Ashraful in bowling. And did you see the last few performances of Mashrafe? If Shakib had any fear, it'd be of being thrashed after including Mashrafe. Clearly out of form.

So how is he a good captain? will he better off playing independently? Could Mash be a better captain? BCB along with a lot of us have a wrong impression of who should be a captain. We shouldn't go around making a player a captain just because he is playing well but the player who is consistent and most essentially experienced

First let Mashrafe hold on to sitters like that afridi's catch, and bowl atleast decently. Otherwise it'd be a huge demotivation to even consider him for captiancy. And you shouldn't mention consistency and Mashrafe in the same sentence. Either he bowls brilliantly, or he gets thrashed like anything. Shakib is way more consistant with the ball than Mashrafe. Barring that last match vs Pak, he's always economical and a wicket taker.

And I don't think it's gonna magically change things anyway. Shakib is doing OK as a captian, let him proceed atleast until there is a candidate who can be deemed worthy of that post.

Akib
June 22, 2010, 02:49 PM
Mash does not deserve to be on this team, let alone be captain.

Also experience alone doesn't make for a good captain.... One needs leadership skills. This is someone the bangladeshi team lacks greatly.

rinathq
June 22, 2010, 04:56 PM
Mash does not deserve to be on this team, let alone be captain.

Also experience alone doesn't make for a good captain.... One needs leadership skills. This is someone the bangladeshi team lacks greatly.

If Mash doesn't deserve a spot in the team than so doesn't Naeem, Mahmudullah, Ash, Rubel, Shuvo, Razzaq, Mushy etc etc

yea Bangladesh does lack leadership skills but atleast Mash has it better than Sakib

rinathq
June 22, 2010, 05:03 PM
sakibrules: i was refering to last year when ZIM was clearly out of form anyone could've wasted them no problem what so ever. Its this year when they came back pretty well.

U are saying Mash is inconsistent, find me one other fast bowler in Bangladesh that is better than him. Just one!
He is worthy of a captain and thats why he was picked last year. But now he is recovering. However, this captaincy seems to make Sakib worse every day. I am not saying that Mash would make a way better captain, i am saying it will benifit Sakib. And please judge Mash by Asia Cup 2010. Not one player played well here. Judge him from the start

rinathq
June 22, 2010, 05:08 PM
He should give up Captaincy, because we all knew he was gonna lose his form. It's not easy leading a team like this. A lot of hate going around in BC toward Shakib, idk. He is going through a bad patch. Every one does, and we are all hating him. Think about the things he has done, and what he has achieved. We are all in love with Tamim right now to realize Shakib. And I have a bad feeling when Tamim loses his form, they will be after him too.

Only thing I dislike about Shakib is his SLA biased bowling change and under-use of Riyad.

dude i am a big fan of Sakib and under the circumstances when he was elected captain was right. However it is creating a bad image. If you track his performances, he was soo much better untill this year. he was the no. 1 allrounder in the world. If the continues like this he will be nowhere near. Thats why i think it is time to hand over the captaincy. his career just started. he could take over in a few years when he finds more consistency.

Dilscoop
June 22, 2010, 06:16 PM
Question is, who takes over?

simon
June 22, 2010, 06:29 PM
forget it ,there is no better option than Sakib.
As far as his bttng is concerned he is not in form & that happens to every1 whether captain or not.
He was also the MoM,in the last Test in Dhaka,remeber?In NZ under huge pressure he batted so well.
But just one thing wrong with him nowadays is that he isn't as ambitious as he used to be before,nowadays I see him smiling all the time,seems like he is just happy to take a coupe of wckts or so.That's not how he was before.

rahat90
June 22, 2010, 07:09 PM
lets not even discuss captaincy untill after world cup
till then i dont want any wholesale changes, one or two maybe
jus kick ash out. and try a new batsman. thats it

after world cup i think we seriously need to sit down and discuss were this team is heading.
only person i can see replacing shakib is mash himself, but mash needs to get rythm back.ive got every faith in him, and inshalah he will be back before the world cup

Ajfar
June 22, 2010, 07:29 PM
I think we should have new captains everyday. Shakib cricket er c o chine na o captain hoilo kemne. We should start from the top of the order let Imrul be captain for day 1. and then go down the order. aie rokom jodi na hoi pore abar drama queen ra complain korbe BCB amare shujug dei nai.

Dilscoop
June 22, 2010, 07:36 PM
Buccannana or w.e his name was. We should follow his way. 5-6 captain. Because a team like Bangladesh needs combo captain. One player cant handle all the pressure. And they are all young, so if they come together, they will do better. Shakib, Rahim, Riyad, Shahadat (when is playing), and few others should come together and act as a captain.

zainab
June 22, 2010, 09:45 PM
IMO, the boys used to play better ODIs under Ash, now, they are hopeless under Sakib, also under Ash, they improved in Tests from 2008, but seem to be getting a little better under Sakib.

Ajfar
June 22, 2010, 10:06 PM
IMO, the boys used to play better ODIs under Ash, now, they are hopeless under Sakib, also under Ash, they improved in Tests from 2008, but seem to be getting a little better under Sakib.

I don't think there is too much of a difference how the team performed under either of them. The only noticeable difference I can think of right now is Shakib has been in and out of forms lately. So I guess you can say from time to time he was able to lead from the front. As for Ash I don't remember him leading from the front, I could be wrong.

Tiger444
June 22, 2010, 10:13 PM
I don't think there is too much of a difference how the team performed under either of them. The only noticeable difference I can think of right now is Shakib has been in and out of forms lately. So I guess you can say from time to time he was able to lead from the front. As for Ash I don't remember him leading from the front, I could be wrong.

I thought Ash was good in his field placings but in terms of leading the team with his batting, he absolutely sucked ..he's way 2 inconsistent 2 be captain..now he's not even in the XI..at least Shakib has played captain's knock and won games for the team even though it was against weaker teams..shakib is fine as captain..he's a straight shooter, tough, and mentally strong..he seems like a true captain which we did not have before..he seems 2 take control well..with time he's gonna be a good captain 4 us in my opinion..

al-Sagar
June 22, 2010, 10:29 PM
i think shakib needs some maturity .... and i think he gain it in county when playing with professional players. after the county experience we may see shakib as a much more improved cricketer and perhaps captain.

Ajfar
June 23, 2010, 12:02 AM
we all have to understand once Shakib steps into that field he really has no one to turn to. Mash is not there. Its him and mushy thats it. How many games have they captained so far? Not that many. On top of that we are always playing catch up. There is very little room for experiment. I certainly think Shakib is the best option we have. We will just have to be patient. Our management needs to give him much better guidance about how to handle things on the field.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

shakibrulz
June 23, 2010, 12:07 AM
Buccannana or w.e his name was. We should follow his way. 5-6 captain. Because a team like Bangladesh needs combo captain. One player cant handle all the pressure. And they are all young, so if they come together, they will do better. Shakib, Rahim, Riyad, Shahadat (when is playing), and few others should come together and act as a captain.

That is utter BS. I agree with Ian Chappel on that count, it's gonna do more harm than good. Be it Mashrafe or Ash or Shakib, stick with one !

Imteaz
June 23, 2010, 02:49 AM
Any replacement for Shakib?

zainab
June 23, 2010, 06:38 AM
I agree, once Sakib finishes his county stint, he will be a much better allrounder, bowling and batting will improve on bouncier wickets, I am sure that we will see a revived Sakib.

cricket_king
June 23, 2010, 06:43 AM
That is utter BS. I agree with Ian Chappel on that count, it's gonna do more harm than good. Be it Mashrafe or Ash or Shakib, stick with one !

Agreed. Why the hell would you have more than one captain? That's one of the most stupid ideas ever thought of in cricket.

rinathq
June 23, 2010, 11:41 AM
the thing is under Sakib we are nowhere close to winning matches. All the tests when we were able to avoid followon and avoid innings defeat is because of Tamim. Period. Just because of the opening partnership. Otherwise we wouldve lost every match like the last test. Our bowling was never good. Obviously Sakib took wickets but by bowling an odd 30-40 overs every innings. On ODIs this year we were not close to winnig any games, We showed consistency of scoring 230- 240 runs but thats about it. The thing is we are not seeing improvement. We have seen performances from each batsman for once and maybe twice (excluding Tamim) After watching Bangladesh cricket for soo long i can conclude that a batsman from BD should never be captains. Our batting is always inconsistent. We should have a bowler be the captain. Again and Again,would Mash not be a better captain. But he has proven himself very selfless and modest player who is struggling from injuries. It will definitely boost mAsh's confidence and it will also help lift his performance. It will also enable Sakib to bowl better under much less pressure and fix his batting.

rinathq
June 23, 2010, 11:43 AM
I agree, once Sakib finishes his county stint, he will be a much better allrounder, bowling and batting will improve on bouncier wickets, I am sure that we will see a revived Sakib.

Well i dunt think its that easy. First of all he will be playing on English condition where there is very little to do in terms of spin. So unless he does well with the batting, chances of him playing a lot of games is slim

rinathq
June 23, 2010, 11:46 AM
we all have to understand once Shakib steps into that field he really has no one to turn to. Mash is not there. Its him and mushy thats it. How many games have they captained so far? Not that many. On top of that we are always playing catch up. There is very little room for experiment. I certainly think Shakib is the best option we have. We will just have to be patient. Our management needs to give him much better guidance about how to handle things on the field.

excuse me? they have played tri series, test series against India, New Zealand, England (twice), T20 World Cup, Asia cup.

U think this isn't enough? well than explain pls how they will improve with only 2 more series to go before the world cup if they can't in like 6???

shakibrulz
June 23, 2010, 11:53 AM
Well i dunt think its that easy. First of all he will be playing on English condition where there is very little to do in terms of spin. So unless he does well with the batting, chances of him playing a lot of games is slim

http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-australia-2010/engine/current/match/426387.html

Yardy (sla) bowled pretty well against the aussies yesterday. And Hauritz got massive turn. So lets not jump the guns already.

shakibrulz
June 23, 2010, 11:56 AM
excuse me? they have played tri series, test series against India, New Zealand, England (twice), T20 World Cup, Asia cup.

U think this isn't enough? well than explain pls how they will improve with only 2 more series to go before the world cup if they can't in like 6???

And had close match against all those 3 teams in tests. If you look win/loss ratios, yes, pretty poor, but if you care to look a lil beyond that, then they gave all of the above teams a scare.

rinathq
June 23, 2010, 11:58 AM
And had close match against all those 3 teams in tests. If you look win/loss ratios, yes, pretty poor, but if you care to look a lil beyond that, then they gave all of the above teams a scare.

Buddy there is a huge difference in giving a scare and loosing a close match. If u can't give the opposition for a while than why play at all?

Its time we think beyond giving other team "scare"

Baundule
June 23, 2010, 12:01 PM
This is very close to KDPP. You are assuming many things like Shakib being a selfish. Look it in another way, he is just taking more responsibility when other bowlers are failing. To each and every opponents he is our best bowler and therefore, you see him bowling more often in critical situations than Mash or Riyadh.

About his captaincy, in few matches he did very good job; but in few others his decision making was hampered by the team's strategy and the players doing bad. For example, when you bring in Mash to break a partnership and an out of form bowler like him can not do it, the captain has only a few choices left.

His batting form is patchy at the moment. That also contributes to assuming him as a bad captain. Wishing him all the best to regain his golden touch.

shakibrulz
June 23, 2010, 12:06 PM
Buddy there is a huge difference in giving a scare and loosing a close match. If u can't give the opposition for a while than why play at all?

Its time we think beyond giving other team "scare"

:doh:

I couldn't remember a single occassion where Bangladesh could this consistently come close to winning/drawing matches. One good match in a bluemoon follows by a streak of innings defeats. And this despite being the average age of the team just 26 odd.

Or if you expect them to magically win matches overnight, well, lets not better argue further.

rinathq
June 23, 2010, 12:08 PM
This is very close to KDPP. You are assuming many things like Shakib being a selfish. Look it in another way, he is just taking more responsibility when other bowlers are failing. To each and every opponents he is our best bowler and therefore, you see him bowling more often in critical situations than Mash or Riyadh.

About his captaincy, in few matches he did very good job; but in few others his decision making was hampered by the team's strategy and the players doing bad. For example, when you bring in Mash to break a partnership and an out of form bowler like him can not do it, the captain has only a few choices left.

His batting form is patchy at the moment. That also contributes to assuming him as a bad captain. Wishing him all the best to regain his golden touch.

Buddy i have said it before, saying it again, i am a big fan of Sakib's bowling. No doubt he is fantastic. But if u have seen him batting, u will notice, he plays so absentmindedly. His batting shows no sign of captaincy what so ever. He looks arrogant. In tests, when the team is 2-3 down and he comes in as a captain obviously we expect him to take lead play proper test. But he always gives his wicket. He plays those unnecessary shots and gets out cheaply. Its ok if Tamim does that because his wicket always comes in with good runs but not from him, he makes about 10-20 runs and leaves. He was never able to stop a collapse smthing mushy and mahmudullah, naeem did bunch of times. He is not a bad captain but his captaincy is making his performance bad

Dilscoop
June 23, 2010, 12:08 PM
Agreed. Why the hell would you have more than one captain? That's one of the most stupid ideas ever thought of in cricket.

Because we dont have a ****ing Ponting or Smith in the team. No one in the team can actually lead this team all by himself. It killed Shakib, and who ever is next, it will kill him too. The idea is stupid for other teams, but not for us. We dont have that kinda player who has good leadership skills and can lead the team all by himself.

rinathq
June 23, 2010, 12:10 PM
:doh:

I couldn't remember a single occassion where Bangladesh could this consistently come close to winning/drawing matches. One good match in a bluemoon follows by a streak of innings defeats. And this despite being the average age of the team just 26 odd.

Or if you expect them to magically win matches overnight, well, lets not better argue further.

But I am not, it seems like a worthy goal to a lot of us to scare the opposition away. We should be able to go for draws.....but even draws are not even close

rinathq
June 23, 2010, 12:11 PM
Because we dont have a ****ing Ponting or Smith in the team. No one in the team can actually lead this team all by himself. It killed Shakib, and who ever is next, it will kill him too. The idea is stupid for other teams, but not for us. We dont have that kinda player who has good leadership skills and can lead the team all by himself.

Agreed :)

shakibrulz
June 23, 2010, 12:17 PM
But I am not, it seems like a worthy goal to a lot of us to scare the opposition away. We should be able to go for draws.....but even draws are not even close

Draws are not even close? The top order has never been this consistent with youngsters like Zunaed and Imrul in good form and Tamim on fire. Just the middle/lower order need to click, and draws and even wins aren't that far!

rinathq
June 23, 2010, 12:20 PM
It seems like draws are close for like day 1 and 2 but slowly it goes farther and farther..................thats my observation anyways............

Baundule
June 23, 2010, 12:30 PM
Buddy i have said it before, saying it again, i am a big fan of Sakib's bowling. No doubt he is fantastic. But if u have seen him batting, u will notice, he plays so absentmindedly. His batting shows no sign of captaincy what so ever. He looks arrogant. In tests, when the team is 2-3 down and he comes in as a captain obviously we expect him to take lead play proper test. But he always gives his wicket. He plays those unnecessary shots and gets out cheaply. Its ok if Tamim does that because his wicket always comes in with good runs but not from him, he makes about 10-20 runs and leaves. He was never able to stop a collapse smthing mushy and mahmudullah, naeem did bunch of times. He is not a bad captain but his captaincy is making his performance bad
I agree with you about Shakib's 'bad' style of batting. But it has nothing to do with his captaincy. Captain or not, he would have batted and bowled the same way as he is doing it now. The problem is, he has been successful many times batting in the same aggressive style and it is difficult to change it. But I also expect him to adapt his batting to the situation.

shakibrulz
June 23, 2010, 12:31 PM

Smith is no great captian actually, he, with such a dream team under his wings, often resorts to defensive tactics. And about captiancy skills, doubt anyone could do a great job in that dept. And captiancy 'killing' players is not a good reason to rotate captiancy, it's gonna have a negative impact on the team. Shakib might not be doing a great job ATM, but he'll improve with time. But this rotation thingy is gonna leave team in shambles, and won't work anywhere with any team. Be it the Irish or the Aussies.

And if not Shakib, no issues, but pretty please, stick with one player!

Dilscoop
June 23, 2010, 12:59 PM
And captiancy 'killing' players is not a good reason to rotate captiancy, it's gonna have a negative impact on the team.
I never said that. I said, if they do change the captain in the future, who ever is next will lose his head too. Shakib used to be the only guy who had a head on his shoulder, and knew what he was doing. Too bad Mashrafe had to get all injured, or else ...

Mash could just stand there and be a "captain", while we have Tamim at the top, and Shakib in the middle. (And Riyad with enough chances to bat and bowl)

rinathq
June 23, 2010, 02:28 PM
I agree with you about Shakib's 'bad' style of batting. But it has nothing to do with his captaincy. Captain or not, he would have batted and bowled the same way as he is doing it now. The problem is, he has been successful many times batting in the same aggressive style and it is difficult to change it. But I also expect him to adapt his batting to the situation.

But thats my point, he always plays like this. dunt u think he should change it because he is a captain and should take more responsibility? Because when the captain plays arrogantly than u can't blame other ppl if the follow his way....

cricket_king
June 23, 2010, 09:46 PM

Ponting and Smith have most of the world's best players in their arsenal. Our captains fail to appear great leaders because they don't have that kind of line-up. You're proposing to make an already inconsistent team even more inconsistent. Buchanan must have been smoking weed when he came up with that idea.

shakibrulz
June 23, 2010, 11:00 PM
I never said that. I said, if they do change the captain in the future, who ever is next will lose his head too. Shakib used to be the only guy who had a head on his shoulder, and knew what he was doing. Too bad Mashrafe had to get all injured, or else ...
Or else what? Mashrafe injured or not injured is pretty inconsistent. Period.

Mash could just stand there and be a "captain", while we have Tamim at the top, and Shakib in the middle. (And Riyad with enough chances to bat and bowl)
A captian who drops sitters? Wow, that'd be a great motivation to the entire team!

One World
June 23, 2010, 11:49 PM
Tamim is our Aravinda, unfortunately Shakib is not the Ranatunga we would like to have.

BANFAN
June 24, 2010, 08:45 AM
No suggestion to have a change of captain yet ??? That's the worst thing that can happen with us now.

dolcevita
June 24, 2010, 08:56 AM
Tamim is our Aravinda, unfortunately Shakib is not the Ranatunga we would like to have.

The issue is not shakib : but the others 9 players they are quite ordinary

BANFAN
June 24, 2010, 09:01 AM
The issue is not shakib : but the others 9 players they are quite ordinary

Shakib is a big issue..... better make it 10. He needs to perform. He cannot become Ashraful.

shakibrulz
June 24, 2010, 10:00 AM
Shakib is a big issue..... better make it 10. He needs to perform. He cannot become Ashraful.

5 wickets @ 34.20 and 2 of 3 matches fielding first. Not bad at all. The avg would've been better but that Pak match was a bowlers nightmare.

Obviously we expect way better than that from him, hope he'll do well in the Eng series. :)

aklemalp
June 24, 2010, 10:33 AM
i think that the wicketkeeper mushfiqur should be captain because he looks lke he knows everything that is associated with cricket,i have a quote that rahim said on their tour last year against the west indies(the so called second string)this is rahim talking to riyad,btw rahim is keping and riyad bowling,''riayd if you put the ball in the right areas them we will create opportunities and wickets will come"end of quote,after that we all knew what happen,riyad got 5 wickets on debut and the tigers won the test match,brilliant..,./,./

shakibrulz
June 24, 2010, 10:38 AM
i think that the wicketkeeper mushfiqur should be captain because he looks lke he knows everything that is associated with cricket,i have a quote that rahim said on their tour last year against the west indies(the so called second string)this is rahim talking to riyad,btw rahim is keping and riyad bowling,''riayd if you put the ball in the right areas them we will create opportunities and wickets will come"end of quote,after that we all knew what happen,riyad got 5 wickets on debut and the tigers won the test match,brilliant..,./,./

And all Mush gotta do is just bat patiently and take care of his shot selection, but I seldom see him doing that :D

aklemalp
June 24, 2010, 10:47 AM
he looks like the guy who will captain the ship

shakibrulz
June 24, 2010, 10:50 AM
he looks like the guy who will captain the ship

Hmm.. Encouraging a team is one thing.. Captaincy is a different ball game. Anyways, I don't mind him being the captain.

dolcevita
June 24, 2010, 11:46 AM

He is good with the ball but his batting slump

rinathq
June 24, 2010, 12:30 PM
He is good with the ball but his batting slump

if thats the case he should be on the team as a bowler. Say inplace of razzaq and bat at like 7 or 8 down and we can have one more batsmen in the team. So my lineup in ODI would be,
Tamim (Always first)
Imrul (need a defense stand)
Junaid (doing well)
Mushy (Play the spinners and middle overs)
Alok/Aftab/Nazimuddin (slog masters)
Mahmudllah/ Roqibul (good for stopping collapse)
Sakib (Just slog play however u want it)
Naeem (backing up)
Mash
Shafi
Rubel/Nazmul

rinathq
June 24, 2010, 12:31 PM

Well Mushy was given a chance but he failed to utilize it at all! so i wouldn't count on Mushy either. Plus he is too young he will have his time later. making wicket keepers captain is always a good idea

shakibrulz
June 24, 2010, 12:48 PM
if thats the case he should be on the team as a bowler. Say inplace of razzaq and bat at like 7 or 8 down and we can have one more batsmen in the team. So my lineup in ODI would be,
Tamim (Always first)
Imrul (need a defense stand)
Junaid (doing well)
Mushy (Play the spinners and middle overs)
Alok/Aftab/Nazimuddin (slog masters)
Mahmudllah/ Roqibul (good for stopping collapse)
Sakib (Just slog play however u want it)
Naeem (backing up)
Mash
Shafi
Rubel/Nazmul

Well Mushy didn't make good use of his promotions up the order though. Still I'd say it's fair to pair him at No. 4, followed by Mahmudullah. Shakib shouldn't bat way down the order because he's not just a slogger, his technique is pretty good, though flawed. I was thinking if Shakib can play his role as an opener. He can go after the bowling in the first few overs and hence get a good starts which will allow the middle order to play freely. I dunno if Imrul can play as good in the middle order but seems like he's got temeperament of a middle order batsman to consolidate the innings.

shakibrulz
June 24, 2010, 12:49 PM
** Just like Watson does for the Aussies.

bujhee kom
June 24, 2010, 12:59 PM
Shakib Al Hasan is my main man!!

All my love and prayers are with you my sonny boy!! Allah bless you! :flag:

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2010, 01:14 AM
In current form Rasel, Even Nazmul > Mash.

At least they will show commitment in the field while trying to field. Not trying to catch taki mas.

When a player doesn't bend down properly and lets goes balls in between his legs that shows he is not up to the international standards. The beating he got of his 120k loppas and you think there is no replacement? I'd take wayward Rubel over him right now. At least he can crack few helmets.
+++
Obviously we need a fit Mash in our team. He needs more time to recover from the layoffs and surgery. Good that he lost that bhuri. he has more work to do if he really wants to spearhead BD attack.

BANFAN
June 26, 2010, 04:42 AM
5 wickets @ 34.20 and 2 of 3 matches fielding first. Not bad at all. The avg would've been better but that Pak match was a bowlers nightmare.

Obviously we expect way better than that from him, hope he'll do well in the Eng series. :)

2 of 3 matches and no contribution with bat isn't a bad performance? Ashraful has done the same with NZ in Bangladesh. We didnt spare him, did we? I'm not saying that we need to change Shakib. But he surely doesn't have a defendable performance. He is big concern and he must do better. He is an all rounder, if he isn't doing the job of a bowler well and neither of a batsman, we are missing a batsman and a bowler both.

Many of our bowlers have done better than him with bat and ball. He needs to improve.

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2010, 08:29 AM
...He is big concern and he must do better. He is an all rounder, if he isn't doing the job of a bowler well and neither of a batsman, we are missing a batsman and a bowler both.

Many of our bowlers have done better than him with bat and ball. He needs to improve.
1. He should do better not because he is an alrounder but he is the captain.

2. Why put a "if" in the second sentence? He is not doing well as a bowler? Who is doing better than him? Mashrafe?

3. Many? Please list them and their stats. Thanks. Make sure you include powerplay overs analysis as well.

Ajfar
June 26, 2010, 08:48 AM
^ Im also wondering about number 3. I would love to have those players in our national team.

shakibrulz
June 26, 2010, 10:57 AM
2 of 3 matches and no contribution with bat isn't a bad performance? Ashraful has done the same with NZ in Bangladesh. We didnt spare him, did we? I'm not saying that we need to change Shakib. But he surely doesn't have a defendable performance. He is big concern and he must do better. He is an all rounder, if he isn't doing the job of a bowler well and neither of a batsman, we are missing a batsman and a bowler both.

Shakib is still by far the best bowler, that match vs Pak screwed up his figures a lot. Otherwise he bowled reasonably well, where spinners didn't get much assistance. In NZ series there were better performers than him in the bowling department. And batting, I agree, he's going through a rough patch, but that doesn't mean he's doing a real bad.

rinathq
June 26, 2010, 10:30 PM
Shakib is still by far the best bowler, that match vs Pak screwed up his figures a lot. Otherwise he bowled reasonably well, where spinners didn't get much assistance. In NZ series there were better performers than him in the bowling department. And batting, I agree, he's going through a rough patch, but that doesn't mean he's doing a real bad.

o so u think its harsh to judge Sakib based on Asia Cup, but its not harsh Mash to judge him by couple of matches after returning from injury after soo long???? He was pretty good at the first man against India. He and Sakib only managed to get wickets. Sakib is a great bowler no doubt. But Mash is a seamer. Its far more difficult to perform as a seamer than spinner particularly on a spin pitch like Dambula.

rinathq
June 26, 2010, 10:33 PM
by the way guys, name one seamer better than Mash and please care to explain and show the stats as well......

shakibrulz
June 27, 2010, 12:43 AM
o so u think its harsh to judge Sakib based on Asia Cup, but its not harsh Mash to judge him by couple of matches after returning from injury after soo long???? He was pretty good at the first man against India. He and Sakib only managed to get wickets. Sakib is a great bowler no doubt. But Mash is a seamer. Its far more difficult to perform as a seamer than spinner particularly on a spin pitch like Dambula.

Dambulla spin pitch? You kidding me? The top wicket takers are mostly fast bowlers, and had a bit of movement under the lights.

And even if you judge him by Asia cup, he's by far the best BD bowler of the series and the top wicket taker along with Shafiul Islam.

shakibrulz
October 17, 2010, 08:32 AM
This thread needs a good bump :D

Habib
October 17, 2010, 09:40 AM
I hope that surely the OP got his answer.

lamisa
October 17, 2010, 10:24 AM
we achieved the only 2 series wins against g8 nations under his captaincy,and more importantly,mainly due to his superb performance...simple as that!!!

hoax
October 17, 2010, 10:14 PM
i officially request 4 this thread 2 go!!!:karate:

napoleonIV
October 18, 2010, 03:10 AM
The original OP seems to have something against Shakib. He keeps on calling him selfish and things like that. Unfortunate.