PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh cricket team owes an apology to world cricket.

Surfer
June 23, 2010, 12:52 AM
Not having a desire to contest is really an insult to a competition. This team has no business in tournaments if it has no desire to win. I used to be one, but I am no more a fan of Bangladeshi cricket. What exactly did they achieve by surrendering to Pakistan? The least they could have done is launch attacks after attacks. If you must go down, go down fighting. You cant just stand there and wait to lose while collecting singles. This is outrageously shameless. I could have excused if it was Afghanistan or Ireland, but this team has been playing test cricket for a decade now. Fire that loser of a coach or just quit international cricket, either ways, this team owes an apology to world cricket and more importantly it's fans who have patiently waited for years to see the team do well only to discover that they have no desire to win.

Bancan
June 23, 2010, 12:54 AM
You are gonna get buried for this post. But I do agree with you. Pathetic display.

mishu
June 23, 2010, 01:03 AM
bye... hope you take care of yourself... and hope u comeback if ever this team successful...

One World
June 23, 2010, 01:17 AM
Not sure about World Cricket but our performance in Asia cup needs a homebound scrutiny.

Baundule
June 23, 2010, 02:00 AM
Siddons from the very start of hid tenure is trying his best to kill BD cricket. He is almost there.

shakibrulz
June 23, 2010, 02:10 AM
So much overhaul over a dead rubber? Just coz it's Bangladesh! I can understand a few threads coming out of frustration, but this is like what the 10th or 12th thread on this topic? I mean seriously?

Anyways if they had slogged and put up a fight, I'm sure the same critics who wan't them to fight will brand them as pathetic sloggers who can't bat out 50 overs and needs to be stripped out of International status. I'm not defending Siddons here, but just saying that it wouldn't have made a slightest impact on these critics.

Imteaz
June 23, 2010, 02:26 AM
When India ask for apology for playing negative in Test Matches during Azharuddin Era. All knows before Sourav Ganguly came as a captain India always used to play negative cricket. So they asked for apology to world cricket????????

If India did so than Bangladesh must follow the rule "If you play negative cricket than you should ask for apology to Cricket World".

Neel Here
June 23, 2010, 02:32 AM
in test cricket playing conservative/negative cricket is an acceptable if not very popular mode, because you can draw a test match. in ODI it's either win or lose, therefore playing negatively is not acceptable, for any team.

in your haste to defend your country(when there is nothing to defend against, the blame is just against the coach) you have forgotten the basics of cricket. :D

Imteaz
June 23, 2010, 02:37 AM
Nothing to defend the country. Playing positive or negative depends on ability as well. Bangladesh was never in a position to chase that run. Doesn't mean you have to ask for apology. Thats what the thread is about.

Neel Here
June 23, 2010, 03:12 AM
the team certainly has something to apologise about, whether the ghaura coach agrees or not, but to the supporters, not to the world.

Isnaad
June 23, 2010, 03:19 AM
The world is not waiting for us to see gud cricket. They want us to start winning in any possible way. Agree and hope surfer bro comes back soon. In other words, Bangladesh starts playin cricket.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

MohammedC
June 23, 2010, 04:23 AM
Shalar protthek din gum theke ute ei rokom ekta thread dekhthe hoy. Same pechal everyday.

cricket_king
June 23, 2010, 04:25 AM
To the cricket world? Yeah okay, the gadhas owe the fans an apology, and maybe the Sri Lankan board for the coverage fees, but no way in hell do they have to apologise to anyone else. And with all due respect, I doubt anyone here gives a damn whether you're still a fan or not. Goodbye and good riddance.

thebest
June 23, 2010, 05:49 AM
Just because surfer open the thread, you ask India's apology. It is the tradition of us. Nobody is owning. We should apoligise for our disgusting cricket; then ask other

Bond
June 23, 2010, 06:47 AM
Yeah Bangladesh sucks bad bro, you will be missed, sorry our pathetic team is drawing its fans away. I am a supporter of Zimbabwe from today. They have players who are hungry for a win rather than born loser players (except for ash) from bangladesh.

zainab
June 23, 2010, 06:54 AM
They do not owe anyone an apology. Imrul and Junaid knew that if they did not protect their wickets, the middle order will collapse. What happened after they were out, 3 wickets went down in quick succession. If they did not graft that partnership and did the slugging, they would have been out, the middle order would have collaped for a paltry total, and maybe the score would have been less than 150 runs in 30 overs. It is hard to please everyone. They did what they thought was best for the team and themselves.

BANFAN
June 23, 2010, 10:30 AM
They surely do.

ahnaf
June 23, 2010, 10:50 AM
Shalar protthek din gum theke ute ei rokom ekta thread dekhthe hoy. Same pechal everyday.

thik bolecho.. Mon mejaj pura kharap hye jay agula dhekle.. Same kotha r kotodin.. Everyday airokom akta kore thread open hoy..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Neel Here
June 23, 2010, 10:59 AM
They do not owe anyone an apology. Imrul and Junaid knew that if they did not protect their wickets, the middle order will collapse. What happened after they were out, 3 wickets went down in quick succession. If they did not graft that partnership and did the slugging, they would have been out, the middle order would have collaped for a paltry total, and maybe the score would have been less than 150 runs in 30 overs. It is hard to please everyone. They did what they thought was best for the team and themselves.

and so what ? they would have lost, well guess what, they lost anyway. better to go down fighting anyday.

Tintin
June 23, 2010, 12:09 PM
and so what ? they would have lost, well guess what, they lost anyway. better to go down fighting anyday.

I can't believe that I am trying to defend this kind of a performance, but

(a) The usual style of this team when chasing large totals is to reach 34/0 in 4 overs, then 95/6 in 14 and 160 all out in 34. I am not sure that is much better.

(b) This is just one ODI match. Not that they are winning a lot, but all this specific criticism is about just one innings.

Dilscoop
June 23, 2010, 12:10 PM
Where is that other thread opened by a Pakistani fan?

Baundule
June 23, 2010, 12:23 PM
The team surely owe an appology to the fans.

Chasing 385 was an improbable task; but not impossible and we should have had plans to go for it. And going for it does not mean blindly slogging each and every delivery. For big chases, the important point is to keep the scoring going. In the process you may lose a few wickets; but never allow the opposition bowlers get on top of you. When someone gets out, the next batsman should take the match from there. It may very well break the bowlers, especially when they are not expecting much of a fight and supposed to be relaxed.

It is not only Tamim, we saw the other day that Imrul can score quickly. That is also true for Junaed, Shakib, Riyadh, Naeem, Mashrafe and the tailenders like Rajjak and Shafiul. We have seen many times these guys doing it. So, that makes 9 out of our 11 players who are capable of scoring at a good striking rate. If only half of them succeeded, we would have been very close to the target, if not winning it. It is only 7.7 runs per over!

So, it depends on as a coach how you look at it. 385 looks huge; but not 7.7 RPO and we have only 50 overs to be there in the crease.

shakibrulz
June 23, 2010, 12:38 PM
^^So you conveniently ignore they played at Dambulla, where winning the toss is a HUGE advantage and playing under those dim lights are pretty hard? And Pakistan played very defensively in the middle overs as well making things harder.

Dilscoop
June 23, 2010, 12:54 PM
I doubt anyone here gives a damn whether you're still a fan or not. Goodbye and good riddance.
Stop being an @$$

Where is that other thread opened by a Pakistani fan?
What happened to that thread? That was totally the opposite of this thread.

bharat
June 23, 2010, 01:01 PM
I think its pure over reaction on the part of "World Cricket" ! Its not as disgusting as match fixing or drugs or ball tampering/biting or cheating ...

The approach was wrong ..Siddons defense to the approach ( "Tamin got out so there was no chance" etc ) was even worse .If anything BD cricket needs to look for a better coach but apart from that they have done no harm to cricket nor its spirit !!

riad
June 23, 2010, 01:13 PM
You are a stubborn dude .......:ticking:
So from your point BD should just get back home after losing the toss at Dambulla ????:sick: COME ON.

^^So you conveniently ignore they played at Dambulla, where winning the toss is a HUGE advantage and playing under those dim lights are pretty hard? And Pakistan played very defensively in the middle overs as well making things harder.

alibangali
June 23, 2010, 03:57 PM
siddons and players need to apologise to the fans of bd cricket, pakistani/neutral cricket fans in the stadium, sri lankan organisers and the sponsors. To the world "hell no", i have seen far worse cricket being played by other nations.

Catskills
June 23, 2010, 04:08 PM
chill out folks.... no one needs to apologize. It was politically incorrect for Siddons to say that, but we all know that we couldn't go after that massive score. However, we should have fought for it or dying trying it, that's a sportsmen spirit. I think it's about to analyze what we could do better in future.

Dilscoop
June 23, 2010, 04:13 PM
It was politically incorrect for Siddons to say that ...
What the...?? :info:

simon
June 23, 2010, 05:14 PM
no need for apologize but Siddons should be fined or warned by BCB, & ICC can make a new rule so that in future no other player/team will spoil the game like this.
I won't blame the players,except Imrul no one deliberately underperformed,Imrul is very obedient,he just obeyed Siddons.

Dilscoop
June 23, 2010, 05:15 PM
^^ Mercy rule

100-7, chasing 379. Game should stop right there. Because sometimes the tails just hang there and try to bat out the 50 overs. That does no good. But I doubt ICC is willing to do that. They will lose little bit of money, but it will be good for cricket.

DJ Sahastra
June 23, 2010, 05:30 PM
Bangladesh team owes an apology, but definitely not to world cricket - far worse has happened in the 'world cricket' for this to be anything that needs an apology, only to its own die-hard fans. If BD fans had given up as easily as Siddons and his wards did, BD cricket would've been nowhere. Maybe the team can learn something invaluable from the fans - the heart, a big heart at that. Yes, it was a lost cause - who didn't know it was. You still have to fight - that's the rule of the game and that is what sportsman are supposed to do.

As a fan - Shame on you Siddons. Shame on you Captain. Rest of the team merely followed the strategy they were given, so not much to say to them.

kalpurush
June 23, 2010, 05:32 PM
Apology?! What's that?!!

To surfer, can I do that on behalf of the team?

Dilscoop
June 23, 2010, 06:43 PM
Bangladesh team owes an apology, but definitely not to world cricket - far worse has happened in the 'world cricket' for this to be anything that needs an apology, only to its own die-hard fans. If BD fans had given up as easily as Siddons and his wards did, BD cricket would've been nowhere. Maybe the team can learn something invaluable from the fans - the heart, a big heart at that. Yes, it was a lost cause - who didn't know it was. You still have to fight - that's the rule of the game and that is what sportsman are supposed to do.

As a fan - Shame on you Siddons. Shame on you Captain. Rest of the team merely followed the strategy they were given, so not much to say to them.
That's a nice post. :)

Farhad
June 23, 2010, 07:41 PM
This doesn't even crack the top 50 of shameless things I've seen on a cricket field. But yes, they definitely need to apologize to die hard fans, the type that stayed up late or woke up early to watch the game. I can definitely understand the outrage if i was one of them...

bujhee kom
June 23, 2010, 08:55 PM
I owe my dear Bangladesh cricket team a salute! I love my Tigers! Go Bangladesh!!!
Be brave comorades and hell with the bad folks that say nasty things aboiut you! :flag:

P.S. I am sorry for all the nasty things that I said about you lately, raw emotion got the best of me and turned me into a monster/bad man! I am sorry that i said aweful things to you my beloved Tigers, my angels of cricket, you deserve far better from me and us! You be good and may Allah bless you my motoo Tigers, and all BD cricketers! I love you dudes! :big_hug:

Also P.S. I owe Bangladesh Cricket Team my replacement Liver and both kidneys and the heart, my eyes, I wish I could give them boys anything more!! I believe I owe these boys more! I will give all my teeth as well.

Zunaid
June 23, 2010, 10:41 PM
Hey all ..

Remember the forum rules...

A.1: Maintaining a civil and courteous forum

shakibrulz
June 23, 2010, 10:52 PM
You are a stubborn dude .......:ticking:
So from your point BD should just get back home after losing the toss at Dambulla ????:sick: COME ON.

Dude do you even get what I'm saying?
The bowlers leaked runs and gave away 380+.. If the score was under 300. alright, I get it.. Should've given a shot.. But batsman can't fricken sight the ball... And the defensive tactics.. So they just built a partnership and went on from there to reduce the margin of defeat. Got it?

aniksh1
June 24, 2010, 12:18 AM
We do owe an apology for that unsportsmanlike appeal for run out against Umar Amin....

SMHasan
June 24, 2010, 12:24 AM
Surfer:

Thank you for opening a thread like this. We should either stop playing cricket or we get rid of this idiot Siddons. I am disgusted the way he said 'no chance mate...no chance'! Some of the BCB members should be penalized too for this abysmal performance.

Ehsan
June 24, 2010, 12:32 AM
The only apology they owe is to its fans. By 'they' I include the management, the coach, and the players. Nobody else knows the pain and suffering that a bangladeshi fan has to go through again and again. After such encouraging performances in England, this kind consistent below par performance hurts a lot. I really felt disgusted. In fact, Zimbabwe is playing a LOT better than us currently. It seems like every other team in the world learns at much higher pace than the BD team.

max410
June 24, 2010, 05:12 AM
hey guys please do not blame the coach our team lacks talents like other teams, we don't have world class match winning players. Its not the coaches fault when players don't play well .
Be realistic BD will never be top5 team in cricket maximum they can achieve will be ranking 6-7 not more than that .
The bd players juts needs more consistency in their approach that's all

kalpurush
June 24, 2010, 10:26 PM
Zimbabwe is playing a LOT better than us currently..
Ashuk ora, pedani kahakey boley bujhaye deya hobe!!!;)

nahaz
June 26, 2010, 05:18 AM
hey guys please do not blame the coach our team lacks talents like other teams, we don't have world class match winning players. Its not the coaches fault when players don't play well .
Be realistic BD will never be top5 team in cricket maximum they can achieve will be ranking 6-7 not more than that .
The bd players juts needs more consistency in their approach that's all

WIth a defeatist attitude like that, we'd never be in the top 6. We don't lack talent, we lack a cricketing culture. Our players do not understand how to play positive cricket in drawing a test match etc. They still look at top teams and say, wow this is Australia/England/India, can't beat them! Top 6 teams in both tests and ODIs are pretty close in quality, so being No.6 still gives us a shot for the World Cup trophy, and 20% test wins. At this rate, it will never happen. To make it happen, we have to believe first that it will happen.

simon
June 26, 2010, 06:53 AM
^^
if we talk about pure talent than I don't see any1 else than Sakib & Tamim.
The rest r average,not that consistent,not yet to the world class level but can get better by hard practice & concentration.
Ryad & Mushy had shown great potentiel till the Eng series at home but then....I still hope they will come back.
Shafi is the only fast bowler I trust now adays.

zainab
June 26, 2010, 07:14 AM
BD cricket is doomed under Siddons's coaching, he is being paid big bucks to destroy the players, maybe, he is in cohoots with the BCB. Why is'nt he more forceful with them to improve their Domestic structure ? He saw what is happening with the bowlers, why is'nt he after the big guys to get a worthwhile coach and also a fielding coach?
Why does he want to talk to the media so much? He should just shut his mouth and say as few words as possible, and not criticize the team in public.
I think the boys will be better off with Sujon, and they should fire Siddons.