PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh Squad for the ODI Tour of England, Scotland and Ireland 2010:

Miraz
June 26, 2010, 09:32 AM
Bangladesh Team for ODI Tour of England, Scotland and Ireland 2010

Following is the Bangladesh Squad for the ODI Tour of England, Scotland and Ireland 2010:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Zunaed Siddique
4. Roqibul Hasan
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Mahmudullah
8. Faisal Hossain
9. Jahirul Islam
10. Masrafe Bin Mortaza
11. Rubel Hossain
12. Shafiul Islam
13. Nazmul Hossain
14. Abdur Razzak
15. Syed Rasel

Media & Communications Department, BCB

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2010, 09:47 AM
Thanks Miraz.
No Ashraful. Great. Now the question is how did the selectors find a replacement of him so fast? Just few months back didn't Raqibul Alam proclaim there was no replacement for Ashraful in BD?

Nadim
June 26, 2010, 09:53 AM
yh baby Faisal Hossain is back finally!!

Both nayeem and ash dropped. Although i think its bit unfair to drop nayeem. Bechara deserve atleast one more chance.

And seems bcb is not interested to give any youngstar a chance be4 the wc.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

magic boy
June 26, 2010, 09:54 AM
NO ASH :fire: no Ash...thanx Allah:fire:

shakibrulz
June 26, 2010, 09:59 AM
Thanks Miraz bhai.

Very decent squad, I'd say, except for the fact that I'd have loved to see Shuvagoto in. I know it's a bit too early, but still, worth trying instead of maybe Rokibul.. Rest looks fine and thankfully Ash has been dropped.. BTW is Faizal hossain any good?

nycpro96
June 26, 2010, 10:03 AM
NIce to see Raqibul and fantastic to see Faisal Hossain. Ash is gone. Naeem should not have been dropped. Bringing Rasel is a total waste. Should have tried someone else. Unfair to Robiul though to only get one match.

Nadim
June 26, 2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks Miraz bhai.

Very decent squad, I'd say, except for the fact that I'd have loved to see Shuvagoto in. I know it's a bit too early, but still, worth trying instead of maybe Rokibul.. Rest looks fine and thankfully Ash has been dropped.. BTW is Faizal hossain any good?
well he is not a bad player. Dont have great tech but can score runs frequently which he has shown in last 3/4 season in the domectic league in every format of the game. Also he is a useful SLA and seems he is more like to future in the first odi against England as he is replacing Nayeem.

Note: faisal hossain already played couple of od and a test back in 2004. He is now 32

_Rafi_
June 26, 2010, 10:21 AM
Fair selection. Faisal deserves a place although his technic is pathetic. Shuvo isn't ODI material. Nayeem is also not the answer of no8 position.

al-Sagar
June 26, 2010, 10:22 AM
i really like the squad .... those who deserved a drop ash, naeem are out.

worth trying dramaqueen and faisal in the team.

no need of second spinner in england, so inclusion of nazmul for shuvo also satisfies me.

we should play 7 batsmen (including WK and shakib) a spineer (raj) and three seamer combination.

may be best 11.

tamim
imrul
junaid
mushfiq
rakibul/faisal/jahurul
mahmudullah
shakib
rajjak
shafiul
mashrafe/najmul
rasel/rubel

depending on who plays, rakibul jahurul or faisal the order may change a bit

wiseshah
June 26, 2010, 10:31 AM
very happy with squad.

glad to see faisal back in the team.
according to form and current success--he is the best in form player we have besides tamim and junaed. hope he can serve us at least 4 years.

pace bowling is a worry. rasel and mash both seems like lost but we dont have replacement there.

my line up

tamim
kayes
junaed
mushfiq/ jahurul
mahmudullah
faisal
sakib
shafiul
mashrafe/rasel
razzaq
najmul/rubel

shakibrulz
June 26, 2010, 10:44 AM
well he is not a bad player. Dont have great tech but can score runs frequently which he has shown in last 3/4 season in the domectic league in every format of the game. Also he is a useful SLA and seems he is more like to future in the first odi against England as he is replacing Nayeem.

Note: faisal hossain already played couple of od and a test back in 2004. He is now 32

Hmm... Pretty good averages in both formats too. Hope he'll click with the bat. But another thing is now there are too many left handers in the lineup. :D

alibangali
June 26, 2010, 11:00 AM
Not really looking forward to the games against England, a thrashing is on the cards unless we change our approach. Its a good thing ash is dropped but i dont know about bringing in roqibul.

Rifat
June 26, 2010, 11:19 AM
Allahu Akbar!!!!

Finally...so called "mediocre" hard working Faisal Hossain Dickens gets a chance!!

I do not care about how he holds the bat, even if we wears a lungi to bat in the crease..this guys knows how to score runs...and Bangladesh is in DESPERATE need of someone who can do that!

well, May Allah help this boy and the team!

Spitfire_x86
June 26, 2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks Miraz.
No Ashraful. Great. Now the question is how did the selectors find a replacement of him so fast? Just few months back didn't Raqibul Alam proclaim there was no replacement for Ashraful in BD?
Did they say Ashraful is actually dropped? Maybe he's just "rested", and will be back again in the next series.

al-Sagar
June 26, 2010, 11:20 AM
Faisal is 7 years older then the next Oldest member in the team.

Rifat
June 26, 2010, 11:21 AM
I am not so sure if Raqibul Hasan was worth selecting...He Needs to learn a big lesson in my opinion!

I guess BCB is desperate :sigh:

Rifat
June 26, 2010, 11:26 AM
I also like the fact that Selectors are rewarding those performing well in the A team!

Nadim
June 26, 2010, 11:29 AM
Faisal is 7 years older then the next Oldest member in the team.

7??

Faisal is yet to be 32.......and Razzak is 28 atm so its maybe 3/4 yrs.

Nadim
June 26, 2010, 11:31 AM
I am not so sure if Raqibul Hasan was worth selecting...He Needs to learn a big lesson in my opinion!

I guess BCB is desperate :sigh:

Agree...Maybe they can't find any replacement for DramQueen?

Shuvogoto/Ayub/Nazimuddin should have given a chance instead of Mr Drama Queen.

M.H.Rubel
June 26, 2010, 12:07 PM
Probably our selectors have understood that we need 5 bowlers.Dropping of Naeem indicates me.But as Faisal has been taken in place of Naeem but i am in fear that again Siddons will try to play with 8 batsman and he may try Riyad+Naeem as 5th bowler.IMO playing with 8 batsman plus 4 bowler is never ever a good idea.Lets see what they do this time.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

camrul786
June 26, 2010, 12:39 PM
AH MAN KAYES IS STILL IN THE TEAM. HAVE YOU REALISED WE HAVENT WON A ODI GAME FEATURING KAYES IN THE TEAM?! im not supertitious but kayes need to go man, his slow batting is painful....

Neel Here
June 26, 2010, 12:59 PM
nadim, would rock be able to survive the conditions in the isles ? I have my doubts.

sticking my neck out on this one, rock, I will applaud you if you prove me wrong. BUT
NO ASH NO ASH !!!!!! :fire: :D :-p

AH MAN KAYES IS STILL IN THE TEAM. HAVE YOU REALISED WE HAVENT WON A ODI GAME FEATURING KAYES IN THE TEAM?! im not supertitious but kayes need to go man, his slow batting is painful....
that was the coach's fault not his. who is your alternative ? how many BD batsman average 32+ in ODI ?

One World
June 26, 2010, 01:09 PM
Kayes above Ash, Faisal above Ash, Rak above Ash. I would rather take Mominul, Marhsal Ayuub and that U19 spinner who wrecked a havoc during England tour.

Murad
June 26, 2010, 01:12 PM
Good squad. Good that Ash is dropped!

Hope they win a game or two against the associates :)

Tiger444
June 26, 2010, 01:16 PM
I am so happy that Roqibul is back in the team..makes me feel so good that he's back..I know a lot of people don't like his style but when he was on the team, he was the 1 of the most stable batsman in the lineup and I cannot forget his crucial partnerships with Shakib..in my opinion I would take Roqibul in the ODI team over Nazim..the guy averages a 34 in List A's compared 2 Nazim's 22..its time 2 have him back in the plans..

Wasn't a big fan of Faisal but I actually think it's a good idea 2 try him out..who knows, he could be a very good finisher for us and also he could add some much needed maturity in the team since he's in his 30's..looking at it he does deserve 2 be in the team with his consistent performances..really worried about his technique but hopefully he can score some runs..

Also no Ash is great..he's not performing so its not worth having him be in the team..hopefully this time he's gone for a while..let him earn his way back in2 the team..

Catskills
June 26, 2010, 02:33 PM
So we have 5 pacers- Masrafe Bin Mortaza, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Nazmul Hossain, Syed Rasel and only one spinner- Razzak. What are you gonna do with so many pacers? Does not quite make sense to me.

al Furqaan
June 26, 2010, 03:23 PM
they picked the best available squad...so kudos to the selectors.

althogh i am totally not in favor of faisal, he has been dominating domestics for years now, and he also is a senior player, age-wise. it will be good to see how this team performs without dead-weight ashraful. i just hope rock doesn't pick up his mantle and figure he will wear it from now on.

Equinox
June 26, 2010, 04:52 PM
I'm sorry but what has Rokibul done in the A team series' against South Africa and West Indies? Nazimuddin and Shamsur had much better cases for recalls. I think there is an extra pacer which is unnecessary. Rubel should have made way for either Nasir, Shuvagoto or Shabbir. And Ash, Naeem and Shuvo dropped! Can't argue with any of those decisions. Well done selectors!

Ajfar
June 26, 2010, 08:33 PM
I feel for Faisal. Poor guys hasnt played in the national team in so long and he finally gets a call and that too in england. Thats gonna be really tough for him. I hope he doesnt fail miserably then selectors will just drop him in the next series and he will be done.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Gowza
June 26, 2010, 08:53 PM
fine with ashraful being dropped, i can see why naeem was dropped but think it's unfair as he's been forced to play in a postition that he shouldn't be playing in but still you have to perform, shuvo should have been given another series.

as far as bringing in raqibul and faisal, we should have tried someone like shuvagoto and/or shabbir/nasir or shamsur imo. raqibul hasn't played any cricket for awhile, and i reckon we have better prospects than faisal (unless he can start performing from the get go) but that's just me. would have liked subashis in over nazmul, but i agree we have a pacer to many.

kalpurush
June 26, 2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks Miraz.
I believe so too - there is no replacement of Ashraful in BD (only when he is in form). :)

kalpurush
June 26, 2010, 09:45 PM
yh baby Faisal Hossain is back finally!!

Both nayeem and ash dropped. Although i think its bit unfair to drop nayeem. Bechara deserve atleast one more chance.

And seems bcb is not interested to give any youngstar a chance be4 the wc.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Well, Naeem got his chances - he needs more time to mature IMO. :)

beshideshi
June 26, 2010, 09:48 PM
I feel for Faisal. Poor guys hasnt played in the national team in so long and he finally gets a call and that too in england. Thats gonna be really tough for him. I hope he doesnt fail miserably then selectors will just drop him in the next series and he will be done.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

I was thinking the same thing, poor fella. It will be even more nerve wrecking than a debut for him and if he fails the selectors will start the "poor technique" rubbish again. I certainly hope he performs well, he has been scoring runs since I was a 5 year old kid, deserved his chance.
According to PA, Mashrafe may be the captain of the team!

nahaz
June 26, 2010, 10:24 PM
I'm sorry but what has Rokibul done in the A team series' against South Africa and West Indies? Nazimuddin and Shamsur had much better cases for recalls. I think there is an extra pacer which is unnecessary. Rubel should have made way for either Nasir, Shuvagoto or Shabbir. And Ash, Naeem and Shuvo dropped! Can't argue with any of those decisions. Well done selectors!

Can't argue with dropping of any of the three. I don't rate Rakib at all..Shuvogoto and Nazimuddin could have been looked at instead of him and Razzak. Why Razzak is in any ODI team over past one year I cannot fathom. He'll only take wickets agaisnt minnows+ireland. Rakib will only score agaisnt Netherlands, Scotland and maybe Ireland. Rkib's technique is horrible. However in sub-continent he could still be one of our better batsman so will be interesting. At worst, he will confirm my analysis.

Shuvogoto really should have been given a chance..promising young batsman. I am excited to see Faisal Hossain.

Murad
June 26, 2010, 10:34 PM
^^^ Nahaz bhai, Razzak er last 5 ODI innings er bowling dekhen. He is in good form. Bowled way better than Shakib in Asia cup. He also bowled well against England at home.

Against England in March: 3 games 5 wickets at 26.60
Against Pakistan when all the bowlers looked like parar cricketers he bowled like a champ! 10 over 48 runs 1 wicket. In the first 5 overs he gave only 8 runs.

And he was very economical in the other games.

rinathq
June 26, 2010, 10:38 PM
Good choice but though this looks more like a test sqaud rather than an ODI. But no ASh!!!! I actually have my hopes high now!!!

nahaz
June 26, 2010, 10:44 PM
I was thinking the same thing, poor fella. It will be even more nerve wrecking than a debut for him and if he fails the selectors will start the "poor technique" rubbish again. I certainly hope he performs well, he has been scoring runs since I was a 5 year old kid, deserved his chance.
According to PA, Mashrafe may be the captain of the team!

Havign been picked, Faisal should be picked for at least 4-5 matches before making any judgement on him..I'd like to see who is better between him and Rakib.

My XI for first ODI vs England:
1.Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Zunaid
4.Roqib
5. Riyad
6. Mushfique (wk)
7. Shakib (c)
8. Mashrafee (/Rasel)
9. Rubel
10. Shafi
11. Nazmul (/Rasel)

I say play four pacers in England ODI at least to show intent. Nazmul is more pacy than Rasel but still accurate, hence my bias over Rasel. I think Razzak will only be able to tie one end down and go for 40. Faisal has been picked hence should play against Ireland in No.4.Give Tamim a rest after England ODIs as he has nothing more to learn. Rakib should play against England at No.4. Against Ireland, XI should be:
1. Imrul
2. Zunaed
3. Jahurul
4. Roqib
5. Faisal
6. Shakib (c)
7. Riyad
8. Mushfique (wk)
9. Mashrafee
10. Shafi
11. Rubel/Nazmul (depending on England ODIs)

Against Netherlands and Scotland, Shafi should also sit out and Rasel comes back.

So there's my selection policy..

nahaz
June 26, 2010, 10:47 PM
^^^ Nahaz bhai, Razzak er last 5 ODI innings er bowling dekhen. He is in good form. Bowled way better than Shakib in Asia cup. He also bowled well against England at home.

Against England in March: 3 games 5 wickets at 26.60
Against Pakistan when all the bowlers looked like parar cricketers he bowled like a champ! 10 over 48 runs 1 wicket. In the first 5 overs he gave only 8 runs.

And he was very economical in the other games.

Really? My bad then...I guess he should then play against England instead of a 4th pacer. He is also weaker in foreign/english conditions, I believe. But we have to select according to performances, so if he deserves to be picked based on form and condition, he should be picked.

Dilscoop
June 26, 2010, 11:32 PM
Jislam+
Imrul
Siddique
Raqibul
Dickens
Riyad (vc)
Naeem
Mashrafe *
Nazmul
Razzak/Rasel
Rubel

This would be my team for the 1st WU match. I added few extra bowlers. We should see who is on top of things. Tamim, Rahim, Shakib and Shafiul can rest. And also I wanna see what Jislam can do at the top and what can he do with keeping gloves.

They better not do what they did in Test WU matches last month. They should look to play all 15 players. Let them show what the got.

al-Sagar
June 27, 2010, 12:11 AM
Jislam+
Imrul
Siddique
Raqibul
Dickens
Riyad (vc)
Naeem
Mashrafe *
Nazmul
Razzak/Rasel
Rubel

This would be my team for the 1st WU match. I added few extra bowlers. We should see who is on top of things. Tamim, Rahim, Shakib and Shafiul can rest. And also I wanna see what Jislam can do at the top and what can he do with keeping gloves.

They better not do what they did in Test WU matches last month. They should look to play all 15 players. Let them show what the got.

replace naeem with somebody ......

Dilscoop
June 27, 2010, 12:59 AM
Why? He needs game practice. He needs it more then anyone else. We still dont know what he can or can't do.

Murad
June 27, 2010, 02:02 AM
Why? He needs game practice. He needs it more then anyone else. We still dont know what he can or can't do.

Is he in the squad?

crikfreak
June 27, 2010, 02:05 AM
no ash...:)........... the selection looks good...i like it....

Dilscoop
June 27, 2010, 02:26 AM
Is he in the squad?
:timeout: I swear I saw him on the list, guess not. But why does he get dropped. He didn't even get a chance to play. I really dont like how they've been treating Naeem and Riyad. It's only hurting them

al-Sagar
June 27, 2010, 02:30 AM

Naeem is not in the squad. i am a big naeem fan for a long time but i am happy with him being dropped. he was 1st of all not used as he should be used in the squad. so why stay in a squad where u are not utilized the best away. secondly while having to play unfamiliar roles he has now lost confidence and form.

so what naeem should do now is go back to domestic. choose either no 4 or 5 and play regularly their and score heavily. show the selectors that he is a no 4-5 batsman not a no 8. also he now should become the captain of A team if A team has an games. he should also play the same role there.

and i think he should stop concentrating on bowling and try to be a better batsman. good luck naeem. wish u a quick return in form and national fold.

mishu
June 27, 2010, 02:31 AM
good squad. Shuvagoto is in Australia training...

Nadim
June 27, 2010, 04:20 AM
We lack big hitters in the team...Only Tamim and shakib is the known as big hitter in the 15 man squad and if both of them fail to score quickly i doubt we will score more than 170 even playing full 50 overs (considering english bowlers). We have so many test batsman in the ODI team:mad:;Rok, Zuhurul(his batting style suggest he is another rok type of player, Kayes (better then rok atm), mushy & riyad can hit big but once in a blue moon.

so, in my opinion there should have been a place for Ayub/Nazimuddin/Shuvogoto in the 15 man squad instead of either Rok/Zuhurul.

and also even nayeem could have been better than rok/zuhurul if selectors picked him as a batsman to bat at no 5/6 and not 8...

Wakidul
June 27, 2010, 04:29 AM
I am so happy that Roqibul is back in the team..makes me feel so good that he's back..I know a lot of people don't like his style but when he was on the team, he was the 1 of the most stable batsman in the lineup and I cannot forget his crucial partnerships with Shakib..in my opinion I would take Roqibul in the ODI team over Nazim..the guy averages a 34 in List A's compared 2 Nazim's 22..its time 2 have him back in the plans..

Wasn't a big fan of Faisal but I actually think it's a good idea 2 try him out..who knows, he could be a very good finisher for us and also he could add some much needed maturity in the team since he's in his 30's..looking at it he does deserve 2 be in the team with his consistent performances..really worried about his technique but hopefully he can score some runs..

Also no Ash is great..he's not performing so its not worth having him be in the team..hopefully this time he's gone for a while..let him earn his way back in2 the team..

Bro never be worried about a guyz technique. f one uses a particularly unusual technique its cause they are most happy and suited to using it. Look at Chanderpaul for instance. He's a great player with fantastic averages, but his batting stance is worst than an amateur cricketers. The only thing i am fearing from Faisal is the fact that hes played 4 odis en just averages 8.75. :confused:

Wakidul
June 27, 2010, 04:31 AM
We lack big hitters in the team...Only Tamim and shakib is the known as big hitter in the 15 man squad and if both of them fail to score quickly i doubt we will score more than 170 even playing full 50 overs (considering english bowlers). We have so many test batsman in the ODI team:mad:;Rok, Zuhurul(his batting style suggest he is another rok type of player, Kayes (better then rok atm), mushy & riyad can hit big but once in a blue moon.

so, in my opinion there should have been a place for Ayub/Nazimuddin/Shuvogoto in the 15 man squad instead of either Rok/Zuhurul.

and also even nayeem could have been better than rok/zuhurul if selectors picked him as a batsman to bat at no 5/6 and not 8...

I have to agree with u. We really do lack big hitters. Often nowadays we get to a good start cause of tamim and top two partnerships, but cannot come with a decent 275 + score cause we have no big hitters. We need a polard, morgan type of player. A player with flare during the end of the innings.

auntu
June 27, 2010, 05:39 AM
Taking Faisal in this series is not a good decision. I hope he would over come his poor technique. But it was great to see no Ash. I thought Naeem deserves another call.

Nazmul is also a bad choice. Let's see.

Equinox
June 27, 2010, 05:40 AM
Nahaz, Razzak was the only one who didn't get hammered by the Pakistanis. He should be an auto choice in ODIs (not Tests) especially when the alternatives are useless like Shuvo.

Gowza
June 27, 2010, 06:34 AM
shuvo has only had 4 matches and other than one match his econ's haven't been that bad, besides he's not been given that many overs either (in one match only 3 overs and in another only 4). reckon he should get more of a run, another series anyway.

faisal and poor technique + english conditions could be a downfall but we'll see i guess, if he even gets a match. raqibul coming back with no match practice in english conditions probably isn't a smart thing either but we'll see.

Equinox
June 27, 2010, 06:53 AM
Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Zunaed Siddique
Mushfiqur Rahim+
Shakib Al Hasan
Mahmudullah
Faisal Hossain
Mashrafe Mortaza*
Shafiul Islam
Abdur Razzak
Syed Rasel

M.H.Rubel
June 27, 2010, 08:30 AM
Bangladesh Team for ODI Tour of England, Scotland and Ireland 2010

:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Zunaed Siddique
4. Roqibul Hasan
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Mahmudullah
8. Faisal Hossain
9. Jahirul Islam
10. Masrafe Bin Mortaza
11. Rubel Hossain
12. Shafiul Islam
13. Nazmul Hossain
14. Abdur Razzak
15. Syed Rasel

Analysis:
1.Ash out IMO it was not a bad decision
2.Suhrawardy out due to making a space for an extra pacer its not a bad decision probably he will come back in next series.
3.Naeem out due to poor form i am not sure wheather it was a good decision?
4.Faisal has been taken in place of Naeem.Definately it will be a tough tour for Faisal.His inclusion is good in one sense that he is a consistent domestic performer.Lot of our domestic performer are performing well now.So lets see how he does.
5.Rock in not a bad selection
6.Nazmul in its a good decision this guy is a good ODI bowler
So overall its a good team selection though i expected Nazimuddin there.

nsd3
June 27, 2010, 08:35 AM
Shamsur Rahman was taken in the team late during the England series. He's overlooked ... is that because he was taken more as a Test material not ODI?!

beshideshi
June 27, 2010, 08:39 AM
shuvo has only had 4 matches and other than one match his econ's haven't been that bad, besides he's not been given that many overs either (in one match only 3 overs and in another only 4). reckon he should get more of a run, another series anyway.

My point is not about Shuvo, it's about the team selection. My question was, why was Shuvo in the team? As a bowler? As a batsman? As an all rounder? it was all too vague to me. Shuvo looked like a plan B player, the captain did not seem to use Shuvo well at all and only went to Shuvo when everyone else had failed. for any player to perform in the team, he should be aware of his role and I don't think Shuvo was aware of his role.
I hope next time he comes in the team, he does so because he has a role to fill not because he performed well in domestics and we need a player to fill in the 11.

Gowza
June 27, 2010, 09:05 AM
My point is not about Shuvo, it's about the team selection. My question was, why was Shuvo in the team? As a bowler? As a batsman? As an all rounder? it was all too vague to me. Shuvo looked like a plan B player, the captain did not seem to use Shuvo well at all and only went to Shuvo when everyone else had failed. for any player to perform in the team, he should be aware of his role and I don't think Shuvo was aware of his role.
I hope next time he comes in the team, he does so because he has a role to fill not because he performed well in domestics and we need a player to fill in the 11.

this seems to happen alot in the BD team, either the player doesn't know his role or is put in a role he shouldn't be put into. imo they shouldn't have dropped both naeem and shuvo, both are allrounders, but one is more a batsman and the other is more a bowler, to make the team dynamic better they could have taken shuvo over naeem, play shuvo as a bowling allrounder which is what they were doing with naeem but that role fits shuvo better than it fits naeem so it should have made for better team dynamic.

One World
June 27, 2010, 11:04 AM
What has Suvagoto done not to get a call?

riankhan
June 27, 2010, 11:34 AM
NO ASH :fire: no Ash...thanx Allah:fire:

Lol.......WAF WAF = wt a fan!

M.H.Rubel
June 27, 2010, 11:48 AM
Lets make the playing 11
Probably JS will go with:
1.Tamim
2.Imrul
3.Junaid
5.Shakib
6.Mushy
7.Riyad
8.Mash
9.Razzak
10.Shafiul
11.Russel
I think management will try this combination.Now point is who will be the other batsman?Either Jahurul or Raquibul will play.As Raquibul does not play pace well so i wish nod for Jahurul.

Tiger444
June 27, 2010, 11:56 AM
Lets make the playing 11
Probably JS will go with:
1.Tamim
2.Imrul
3.Junaid
5.Shakib
6.Mushy
7.Riyad
8.Mash
9.Razzak
10.Shafiul
11.Russel
I think management will try this combination.Now point is who will be the other batsman?Either Jahurul or Raquibul will play.As Raquibul does not play pace well so i wish nod for Jahurul.

I would rather play Raqibul then Jahurul..I really don't know why we have Jahurul in our ODI team..he averages a 22 in List A's which is absolutely horrible..he's clearly a FC/Test player judging his stats and we should keep it that way..Raqibul on the other hand has strong stats in List A's with an average of a 34 and also he has already proven that he's a decent ODI batsman with an average of about a 30..I think having Raqibul at #4 is the right way 2 go..

Dilscoop
June 27, 2010, 12:57 PM
2.Suhrawardy out due to making a space for an extra pacer its not a bad decision probably he will come back in next series.
3.Naeem out due to poor form i am not sure wheather it was a good decision?

Suhrawardy is out because he sucks. His adha more SLA is no effective. We already have 2 SLAs. No need for 3rd one.

Naeem is out for poor form? He has been benched for half the time! Naeem is just like Suhrawady, every thing is adha adha. They are not ALL ROUNDERS. But Naeem can actually bat. But the managment still couldn't figure out his role in the team. And like offstump, the way he has been handled is only confused him. Now when he does go out to bat, he looks very confused.

Catskills
June 27, 2010, 01:11 PM
Suhruwardi Shuvo was not given enough exposures before dropping. In every match, he was treated as if his inclusion was a burden- one over in this match and four overs in other match do not justify his talent. If you find talent in someone, give enough chances.

Tiger444
June 28, 2010, 05:17 AM

faisal and poor technique + english conditions could be a downfall but we'll see i guess, if he even gets a match. raqibul coming back with no match practice in english conditions probably isn't a smart thing either but we'll see.

Well Shuvo got the drop mainly because english conditions don't suit his bowling so the selectors went for 5 pacers and just 2 SLA's..Razzak has clearly performed better then Shuvo so unfortunately he has to get dropped..I agree that people are writing him off too quickly though..even in the matches he played, he hasn't bowled all that much..in his match against England I thought he bowled pretty impressively..I think its better to keep him at home though rather then exposing him to English conditions..

Faisal's poor technique is my big concern for him..I'm happy he got the call up but question is this the right timing for him? He could get away with poor technique in BD but once he goes abroad I feel he's gonna be in trouble..hopefully he does ok for the tour..I think with Raqibul, the selectors are desperate for another top order batsman but yes bringing him back after a long time and playing him in English conditions could be tough for him..I just don't see any alternatives though..Mushy has failed to impress me once he goes and plays abroad..so I think its worth giving Raqibul a shot but again he's going to really have a tough challenge ahead of him..

Only1raz
June 28, 2010, 05:34 AM
Overall I'm happy with the selection but why oh why is Alok Kapali being continuously overlooked and not given a chance? I have a weird feeling its because his Hindu.

Anyway I think the below team will be picked for the first ODI with England

Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Junaid Siddique
Raqibul Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mahmudullah Riyad
Shakib Al Hasan
Mashrafe Mortaza
Abdur Razzak
Shafiul Islam
Rubel Hossain/Nazmul Hossain

BANFAN
June 28, 2010, 07:33 AM
I just hate to see Razzak in the team, without any ability with either bat or ball..

bdtiger
June 28, 2010, 01:16 PM
Good to see the new team. Hope they can do better than the Asia cup!

wiseshah
June 28, 2010, 09:12 PM
nice squad

this is the line up i want to see

tamim
kayes
junaed
mushfiq/jahurul
mahmudullah
faisal
shakib
mashrafe
razzaq
shafiul
rubel/rasel/najmul

XII man-- drama queen rokibul for some drama and dance.

wiseshah
June 28, 2010, 09:15 PM
mushfiq and mashrafe's form is worry, other than that team seems perfect, according to ability and form.

zainab
June 29, 2010, 06:42 AM
Read that Sakib will be joining his county team after ODIs against England, not going to Scotland.
BD will be without their best spinner.

SportsGuru
June 29, 2010, 06:54 AM
As I have been reading different sport magazines and watching sports news channels for years, so what I noticed about the Bangladeshi team is that they are far better in terms of their performance but still I would suggest that they should keep their practice and encouragement level up!

al-Sagar
June 29, 2010, 08:38 AM
about Suhrawardi Shuvo ......

i think he is a bit unfortunate ..... its always good for a player to come into the team when the team is playing good and high on morale rather than struggling like BD team is struggling currently.

in ASIA cup he plays one game when BD only scored 160 odd where 275 is a challenging score ... and comes to bowl when India gets a flier. again he bowls again pak when pak tonked all our bowlers to score 370 odd runs.

its tough for the new guy to adjust with a team at these situation unless he is super super talent.

i hope in future he gets a run in the team when BD team are playing well.

lamisa
June 29, 2010, 09:16 AM
Havign been picked, Faisal should be picked for at least 4-5 matches before making any judgement on him..I'd like to see who is better between him and Rakib.

My XI for first ODI vs England:
1.Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Zunaid
4.Roqib
5. Riyad
6. Mushfique (wk)
7. Shakib (c)
8. Mashrafee (/Rasel)
9. Rubel
10. Shafi
11. Nazmul (/Rasel)

I say play four pacers in England ODI at least to show intent. Nazmul is more pacy than Rasel but still accurate, hence my bias over Rasel. I think Razzak will only be able to tie one end down and go for 40. Faisal has been picked hence should play against Ireland in No.4.Give Tamim a rest after England ODIs as he has nothing more to learn. Rakib should play against England at No.4. Against Ireland, XI should be:
1. Imrul
2. Zunaed
3. Jahurul
4. Roqib
5. Faisal
6. Shakib (c)
7. Riyad
8. Mushfique (wk)
9. Mashrafee
10. Shafi
11. Rubel/Nazmul (depending on England ODIs)

Against Netherlands and Scotland, Shafi should also sit out and Rasel comes back.

So there's my selection policy..

good idea there.i agree with your policy and i hope that bcb is smart enough to think along the same lines as u did

lamisa
June 29, 2010, 09:39 AM
WOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOO!!!!!:fire::fire::joy::joy::gr eat::great:ASH has been gropped finally and i hope that it's for a good long period!!!i am just a disappointed at naeem's exlusion from the team but then again,i hope that he will be there when we host nz in october.as for faisal,i don't know much about this guy because i don't think that i used to follow bd cricket back then but i certainly hope that he can pull off a "Misbah-ul-haque" for us!

shakibrulz
June 29, 2010, 09:45 AM
Nahaz, Razzak was the only one who didn't get hammered by the Pakistanis. He should be an auto choice in ODIs (not Tests) especially when the alternatives are useless like Shuvo.
Yep, razzak is a must for ODIs no matter what. Razzaq + Shakib can do a good job in restricting them hopefully.

Rifat
June 29, 2010, 05:43 PM
Overall I'm happy with the selection but why oh why is Alok Kapali being continuously overlooked and not given a chance? I have a weird feeling its because his Hindu.

Anyway I think the below team will be picked for the first ODI with England

Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Junaid Siddique
Raqibul Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mahmudullah Riyad
Shakib Al Hasan
Mashrafe Mortaza
Abdur Razzak
Shafiul Islam
Rubel Hossain/Nazmul Hossain

don't get me wrong, I have always been a huge fan of Kapali(except until the ICL saga...) but since then i kinda psuedo forgave him!

HE is really off-form at the moment until next year or next NCL, i don;t really see how he can come back to the national team. though if does get back on form and does AMAZINGLY WELL in all departments in the domestic cricket, then He could come back and take the role of Naeem Islam(finisher/tidy bowler) then we would have a complete spin bowling lineup: SLA, off-spin, leg-spin :D(surprsingly, all of them allrounders too...)

a complete bowling lineup:

Fast, Fast-medium/Medium, SLA, Offie, Leggie...it would be a very interesting Bangladesh bowling lineup!

:sigh: Kapali is just like the bangladesh team: he takes a big stride forward and then takes three steps back...same old story of Bangladesh Cricket :sigh::mad::sick:(thus far)

Kapali still has a lot of Homework to do in Domestic Cricket. the only good thing is, as quoted from cricinfo, "Time is still on his side" :)

Bond
June 29, 2010, 09:36 PM
This is the worst day of my life, first Ashraful gets dropped then Portugal loses to Spain. :(

MarufH
June 29, 2010, 09:57 PM
Naeem is not in the squad. i am a big naeem fan for a long time but i am happy with him being dropped. he was 1st of all not used as he should be used in the squad. so why stay in a squad where u are not utilized the best away. secondly while having to play unfamiliar roles he has now lost confidence and form.

so what naeem should do now is go back to domestic. choose either no 4 or 5 and play regularly their and score heavily. show the selectors that he is a no 4-5 batsman not a no 8. also he now should become the captain of A team if A team has an games. he should also play the same role there.

and i think he should stop concentrating on bowling and try to be a better batsman. good luck naeem. wish u a quick return in form and national fold.

Very well said.... post of the thread.

beshideshi
June 29, 2010, 10:40 PM

When you force a top order batsman to become a bowling all rounder who bats at no.8 what more do you expect? It's like asking Mashrafe to become a batting all rounder and bat at no.4 and bowl 4-5 overs per game. It's just not gonna work, you can't put a batsman with 36 avg in at no.8. BD team management must seriously work out why is mr. X in the team and what is expected off of mr.X, until then we can just hope mr.X finds the right role and performs for the team.

godzilla
June 29, 2010, 11:28 PM
looking at ENG's current form, I highly doubt we can do much against them. But maybe a win or 2 (should be a whitewash) against Ireland and Scotland.

al-Sagar
June 30, 2010, 01:31 AM
looking at ENG's current form, I highly doubt we can do much against them. But maybe a win or 2 (should be a whitewash) against Ireland and Scotland.

perhaps we should the england games as practice before the real games against associates

lamisa
June 30, 2010, 05:25 AM
This is the worst day of my life, first Ashraful gets dropped then Portugal loses to Spain. :(

i don't get u,u like to bash ash all the time but still u are his greatest fan?

anshuman
June 30, 2010, 05:39 AM
Nice 2 see old players like Faisal is recalled to the squad.But I think selectors should also recall seamers like Tareq Aziz and Talha Jubair , who are in good form and become more domestically experienced.

bdboy
June 30, 2010, 06:04 AM
Anyone planning to go to Trent Bridge or Edgbaston? Please reply here or join us at facebook http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=125765027465561

Tiger Manc
June 30, 2010, 07:15 AM
Where the hell is Nazimuddin? I thought they said they would reward players who did well in the A Team? They should have let Shuvo play against the minnows so he can gain experience as well as build his confidence up.

nahaz
June 30, 2010, 07:43 AM
good idea there.i agree with your policy and i hope that bcb is smart enough to think along the same lines as u did

Thank you!:-D

But I highly doubt the BCB knows how to utilise resources or to give everyone a fair go. My philosophy for this tour would be to give Jahurul and Rakib the tougher England tests, and see how Faisal settles against the minnows+ireland (the Irish will be tough). Also, Tamim needs to play against England to save face, but what's the point in overworking him and having to rely on him against the others? WHat good are the other 10, or 14, then?

I'm shocked that Mash is the captain b4 himself being in full flight, but best of luck to him.

Tiger444
June 30, 2010, 08:28 AM
When you force a top order batsman to become a bowling all rounder who bats at no.8 what more do you expect? It's like asking Mashrafe to become a batting all rounder and bat at no.4 and bowl 4-5 overs per game. It's just not gonna work, you can't put a batsman with 36 avg in at no.8. BD team management must seriously work out why is mr. X in the team and what is expected off of mr.X, until then we can just hope mr.X finds the right role and performs for the team.

Its a shame that Naeem was forced to play at #8..I think he deserved the axe but a top order batsman should not play down the order and why are they trying to make him a bowler? I know he's been decent with the ball but its just gonna hurt him even more..I understand having Mahmudullah down at #7 because he usually plays down the order even in domestics but Naeem always has played as a top order batsman..I blame the selectors mainly for this..rather then dropping Ash they always included him wasting away at the #3 spot and team management not even bothering to try anyone else up there..well let's hope Naeem gets called up soon because I would hate for him to not come back for the WC..

lamisa
July 1, 2010, 05:58 AM
Its a shame that Naeem was forced to play at #8..I think he deserved the axe but a top order batsman should not play down the order and why are they trying to make him a bowler? I know he's been decent with the ball but its just gonna hurt him even more..I understand having Mahmudullah down at #7 because he usually plays down the order even in domestics but Naeem always has played as a top order batsman..I blame the selectors mainly for this..rather then dropping Ash they always included him wasting away at the #3 spot and team management not even bothering to try anyone else up there..well let's hope Naeem gets called up soon because I would hate for him to not come back for the WC..

our top order is sort of crowded atm.tamim imrul zunaeed mushy shakib
number 5 porjonto jam,so i think bd could shuffle the order and let naeem,mushy and riyad come in at 4,5 and 6 respectively and shakib down at 7

anshuman
July 1, 2010, 06:14 AM
I think squad is looking decent ,but Mushfiqur Rahim's performance as a batsman in ODIs is very disappointing ,so he should be dropped for the ODI's and a new keeper like like Dhiman , Shaghir,Shamshur or should be selected as a ODI keeper.