PDA

View Full Version : BCB select Mashrafe as captain and Sourav Ganguli as batting advisor for england series

_Rafi_
June 28, 2010, 12:02 PM
Mashrafe is going to replace Shakib as a captain in England.
Sourav Ganguly will be the batting advisor for the series
Source: Ntv

magic boy
June 28, 2010, 12:04 PM
:eek::D:eek:

you got Siddons - one of the best batting coach and now Shourov is included as batting adviser...guess what will be our next match score!!:-p

lol.....BCB.. lol

_Rafi_
June 28, 2010, 12:10 PM

you got Siddons as one of the best batting coach and now Shourov is included...guess what will be our next match score!!:-p

lol.....BCB.. lol

yes. Amra sobsomoy ulta pothe hati.
When we need bowling coach they appoint Batting coach. Bunch of idiot

rinathq
June 28, 2010, 12:11 PM
yes. Amra sobsomoy ulta pothe hati.
When we need bowling coach they appoint Batting coach. Bunch of idiot

We are also going to have a bowling coach as well from Aus. So no worries, let the BCB spend its bucks!!!

akabir77
June 28, 2010, 12:11 PM
cool he can now teach mash how to dangle a shirt in the lords if we win... lol

we need a bowling coach not a batting adviser...

_Rafi_
June 28, 2010, 12:14 PM
Btw BCB was saying they are not dropping Ashraful because they want stability in team before world cup.
Now why they are replacing Shakib so quickly. Lotus Kamal ki protisudh nilo?

magic boy
June 28, 2010, 12:15 PM
I think Bangali Shourov Ganguli is going to be the translator in disguise as cricketer like Mohammad Ashraful yet has not getting the right message in bangla from Aussie batting coach :-p

but I like the addition of guy like Shourov Ganguly:up: He's somewhat alternative of true head coach.

but BCB must appoint a bowling coach as well!!! NOW!!!!!!

bujhee kom
June 28, 2010, 12:18 PM
Dadas and apas, eibar mone hocche khela besh bhaloi jome uthbe, ki bolen?
Eibar ekebarey slam baam, jamitty jaam, thank you maam!!!

Ami eibar khela follow korar jonno ekebarey Lungi khule Langta hoe boshbo computer-er shamne!! Aar faal faal kore, mookh haa kore, lole(Lul/Lalla - not the Abdur Razzak) poronto obosthai, screen-er dikey taakie thakbo!

Banglaar manus khepe utho! Jege utho Banglaar 150 million jonogon!!
Banglaar akaash rakhibo mookto, Banglaar batash koribo naa dushito! :flag:

Equinox
June 28, 2010, 12:35 PM
Totally unnecessary. I heard there has been an Aussie bowling coach hired for the England series but this was not needed.

dash
June 28, 2010, 12:35 PM
the end of siddons i guess...........bcb tries a pcb.......huh..............this is one of our worst cticket boards even to our very low standards............
then again what to expect from lotus........what he said after becoming the president was "we want gimmick or something" as if cricket was dying an unpopular death........

Murad
June 28, 2010, 12:40 PM
Totally unnecessary. I heard there has been an Aussie bowling coach hired for the England series but this was not needed.

Well.. Ganguly is alreayd in England playing for some county team. I think BCB want him to advice the batsmen how to play in English condition. Most of them failed in the Test series except Tamim.

I hope in the future he takes over as head coach.

Tiger-ess
June 28, 2010, 12:41 PM
I know I heard it on NTV khelar khobor about Ganguly and I was like :o:o:o

Mash always said Ganguly is one of his favourite player, hope dada can inspire our boys to some wins!!:flag:

Tiger-ess
June 28, 2010, 12:43 PM
Well.. Ganguly is alreayd in England playing for some county team. I think BCB want him to advice the batsmen how to play in English condition. Most of them failed in the Test series except Tamim.

He played in the charity match between middlesex and pakistan on sunday!

Baundule
June 28, 2010, 12:43 PM
I am kind of happy that Saurav is appointed as the batting advisor. Unlike many of us, I think, Siddons, as a coach, has damaged our batting the most. Instead of fine-tuning the attitude problems of our batsmen, he tried to make them cut their shots. It certainly did not work. The most successful ones like Tamim and Shakib have played agreesive cricket and Siddons had to accept their style of playing, because they were getting runs. On the other hand, capable batsmen with attitude problems, like Ashraful and Aftab, did not benefit from him at all. Saurav should inject the correct attitude to the team.

The change in the captaincy is a 50-50 decision. Shakib was not bad as a captain. But I will be happy if he regains his golden touch, getting rid of the captancy duty.

Rabz
June 28, 2010, 12:44 PM
Not sure about Mash's match fitness to begin with.
Is he fit mentally ???

Miraz
June 28, 2010, 12:53 PM
I think this is a very good move by BCB. Sourav is someone who never accepted defeat until the last ball of any match. If he can instill 10% of his mentality within our boys, we will win the matches against the associates comfortably and there may be surprises against England.

I hope Sourav stays with us until the World Cup.

Dilscoop
June 28, 2010, 12:54 PM
The change in the captaincy is a 50-50 decision. Shakib was not bad as a captain. But I will be happy if he regains his golden touch, getting rid of the captancy duty.
That's we should have kept that moron as a captain. His avg went up by 1.5, and that's as high as it gonna get. At least that way, Mash and Shakib would have been in form, fit and less pressure on their shoulders.

But pray to Allah: help our Mash!

Nadim
June 28, 2010, 12:57 PM
gd move but i think its not enough to give him only one series...should try to keep him until the WC...

bujhee kom
June 28, 2010, 12:59 PM
If this Shaurobh Ganguly news is a fact, then I am very much agreeing with Baundule bhai and Miraz bhai here, I wish Ganguly all the best helping our team! Go Bangladesh! :flag:

Raynman
June 28, 2010, 01:09 PM
If this Shaurobh Ganguly news is a fact, then I am very much agreeing with Baundule bhai and Miraz bhai here, I wish Ganguly all the best helping our team! Go Bangladesh! :flag:

ditto.

Not sure of Mash's fitness but at least it will be a fresh approach and a much needed away one from teh defensive/negative mindset that has taken root in the past few months.

I've always been a fan of SG and he should be able to connect with the team better. If this is a trial period for SG to see if he is interested in coaching and BCB figuring out an easy push out of Siddons, then I'm even more for it.

bdtiger
June 28, 2010, 01:09 PM
I read in PA that Shakib asked for rest and he will be the vice captain. It's a good decision
as Shakib needed a break. But for Mashrafe it could be a burdain as he is still struggling
for the form.

bdtiger
June 28, 2010, 01:10 PM
Btw BCB was saying they are not dropping Ashraful because they want stability in team before world cup.
Now why they are replacing Shakib so quickly. Lotus Kamal ki protisudh nilo?

Is Ashraful still in the team?

MohammedC
June 28, 2010, 01:14 PM
Wish Shaurav Dada all the best.

I and Miraz bhai saw Dada during the first days play at Lords test.

@ Murad. He is definitely in England but I dont think he is playing for any county team.

_Rafi_
June 28, 2010, 01:15 PM
Is Ashraful still in the team?

no. But it was an excuse for last one year. We had to play with 10 man in that period

Farhad
June 28, 2010, 01:22 PM
So now we have two batting advisors.:umm:

Still waiting on that Aussie bowling coach. I dont think it'll be anyone particularly well known...

Tiger444
June 28, 2010, 01:24 PM
I don't know why some people are criticizing this decision..this is a great hire by BCB in my opinion..Ganguly is 1 of the all time great batsmen for India and he is a warrior..I've always really liked Ganguly..not gonna lie I liked him a lot since he's an Indian Bengali haha..also I remember when we beat India he said something along the lines of "I have a soft spot for them"..he truly is a great guy and think he can be a good batting adviser..also our boys know Ganguly very well and hopefully they take his advice..Siddons might be a batting coach but I don't see why we can't also have a batting adviser there..also I really hope the hire of the bowling coach is true..we really need a bowling coach and hopefully he can make a a difference with our boys..finally BCB has opened their eyes and hiring some good people..hopefully we can see some better results..

cricket_pagol
June 28, 2010, 01:57 PM
Mash needs to earn his spot on the team and his position as a captain. Free ride like this is bad for everybody concerned.

PS: I like Ganguly, so i am happy with this budding association with our team. But, not having a bowling coach is really hurting us.

Dilscoop
June 28, 2010, 03:32 PM
I "I have a soft spot for them"...
(This is not to criticize the hire, but just to post the correct info)
No, that was Wasim Akram after 99 lose, he said, it's no shame to lose against your younger brothers. Ganguly was annoyed when he lost to us. His face was very dark.

But I really think BCB should get a bowling coach! How can they not see it?

bujhee kom
June 28, 2010, 03:42 PM
I would like to welcome Mashrafee as the BD captain now! All the best to Mashrafee in leading the Bangladesh team and his cricket, bowling specially.
P.S. What I wouldn't like to see from Mash the captain is a way defensive captainship, we have seen that a lot. And also you lose, the team lose, it's no big deal, it is expected, but make any stupid mistake, you are fried in BC!

I would like to wish my very best to Shakib on vice-captaining the Bangladesh team and helping Mashrafee and also concentrate greatly on his batting mainly and bowling as well. I think and hope this change will do positive for Shakib the cricketer/all-rounder.

I would like to extenmd a welcome on board to Dada Shaurobh Ganguly on this challenging assignment/job of mentor/coach/advisor(ing) the Bangladesh team. I wish Dada Ganguly and team Bangladesh all the best in England.

al-Sagar
June 28, 2010, 03:48 PM
I think this is a very good move by BCB. Sourav is someone who never accepted defeat until the last ball of any match. If he can instill 10% of his mentality within our boys, we will win the matches against the associates comfortably and there may be surprises against England.

I hope Sourav stays with us until the World Cup.

ditto with miraz bhai.

also may be in future ganguly can be successor to siddons.

ganguly was a good captain too, so it may also help our tactics and strategies.

and ganguly was also a good bowler in englsih conditions .......

and also BCB is also hiring a bowling coach/advisor from aussie.

so the setup looks good.

siddons: head coach
ganguly: batting advisor +
new man: bowling advisor
km shujon chacha: assnt to siddons

_Rafi_
June 28, 2010, 03:58 PM
(This is not to criticize the hire, but just to post the correct info)
No, that was Wasim Akram after 99 lose, he said, it's no shame to lose against your younger brothers. Ganguly was annoyed when he lost to us. His face was very dark.

But I really think BCB should get a bowling coach! How can they not see it?

what could Saurav do at that time? He was not in position like Wasim to say anything like this because he knew his team was out of the world cup.

Murad
so the setup looks good.

siddons: head coach
ganguly: batting advisor +
new man: bowling advisor
km shujon chacha: assnt to siddons

Fielding coach:

Salauddin out
Some new guy in for this tour.

Dilscoop
^^ Ganguly is there for part time only. He isnt permanent

Dilscoop
June 28, 2010, 04:00 PM
what could Saurav do at that time? He was not in position like Wasim to say anything like this because he knew his team was out of the world cup.
wait, I am talking about the time when he was captain, and we won the game. WC07 was Rahul Dravid. And he was a cocky sob during toss, and all chupchap modon modon at the presentation

alibangali
June 28, 2010, 04:05 PM
I would like to welcome Mashrafee as the BD captain now! All the best to Mashrafee in leading the Bangladesh team and his cricket, bowling specially.
P.S. What I wouldn't like to see from Mash the captain is a way defensive captainship, we have seen that a lot. And also you lose, the team lose, it's no big deal, it is expected, but make any stupid mistake, you are fried in BC!

I would like to wish my very best to Shakib on vice-captaining the Bangladesh team and helping Mashrafee and also concentrate greatly on his batting mainly and bowling as well. I think and hope this change will do positive for Shakib the cricketer/all-rounder.

I would like to extenmd a welcome on board to Dada Shaurobh Ganguly on this challenging assignment/job of mentor/coach/advisor(ing) the Bangladesh team. I wish Dada Ganguly and team Bangladesh all the best in England.

Finally atleast something is happening and inshallah the mentality will change.
I am all for Mash being captain, he has real spirit and in the past capatincy has always been given to our best player at that time and now they give it to an out of form player which is something different :D.

SG has good mentality and loads of experience hopefully some encouraging advice will be dished out rather than hearing that they are not good enough.

We desperately need a good bowling coach, thats a big issue on the field.

Starting to feel more optimistic and inshallah we will see a better side playing against England.

Caaaamon Bangladesh.

Dilscoop
June 28, 2010, 04:38 PM
I don't wanna be negative here (more like realistic, which is negative for us). Nothing will change. No matter who is the captain. Things will always be defensive or on the back-foot. People always criticized Bashar about his defensive captaincy. Ashraful came. And everyone thought things will change. He is attacking batsman, his captaincy will be attacking as well. He will grow some brains with that as well. Nothing happened. Things stayed the same. But somehow we managed few wins here and there. Then came Shakib, we thought, this was it. He will be our Kapil Dev (I still think he can be, and hopefully he will become someday soon). But nothing changed. Now Mashrafe is here. Everything will stay the same. Because team is the same. It's not a captains fault that the team is very defensive. We dont have McGrath, Warne, Sehwag, Styen in the team to be able to attack. Even the current Australia dont have that killer image any more. Ponting dont have his Lee, Warne, Mcgrath he can run to all the time.

This Mashrafe will be very more defensive because he isn't very confident atm. I'd pay billions to watch the younger Mashrafe captain the side. Back then, he was the only player with attacking mind-set

dolcevita
June 28, 2010, 05:03 PM
True
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Nafi
June 28, 2010, 05:08 PM
Good move, but Im very interested in the bowling coach

alibangali
June 28, 2010, 05:37 PM
To be honest i was not going to follow the england odi's after that cowardly display however curiosity will make me watch now
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

hamid
June 28, 2010, 05:40 PM
To be honest i was not going to follow the england odi's after that cowardly display however curiosity will make me watch now

You were always going to watch, weren't you?

hamid
June 28, 2010, 05:54 PM
First I have heard about Ganguly. Only can help.

Clealy Mortaza is mates with him at KKR; as soon as he becomes captain, he can just rope his old pal in.

simon
June 28, 2010, 06:07 PM
as already some1 mentioned,it's only a part time assistance from Ganguly so that our plyrs can cope in Eng conditions,I hope Tamim is helping others too,
actually it's strange that plyrs like Imrul & Junaid have done quite well in Eng conditions but how come Sakib,Ryad & Mushy who r certainly better hvn't done well?
it's not the condition it was just not their tour I guess.

Dilscoop
June 28, 2010, 06:15 PM
^ you mean part time?

and wth @ Hamid? This has nothing to do with Mashrafe. The board picked Ganguly because he is in Eng atm. Banglalir bashi budhi

hamid
June 28, 2010, 06:19 PM
^ you mean part time?

and wth @ Hamid? This has nothing to do with Mashrafe. The board picked Ganguly because he is in Eng atm. Banglalir bashi budhi

It wasn't meant to be taken serioulsy. I was only joking. You think I thouugh that Mashrafe just phoned up Ganguly asking him to be batting coach?

hamid
June 28, 2010, 06:21 PM
Mashrafe Mortaza, that reliable figure who you can count on to play all the games, will captain Bangladesh in the England ODI series.

My short view: http://shortthirdman.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/shakib-booted-out-as-bangladesh-captain/

Green Tea
June 28, 2010, 07:02 PM
Siddons and Shourov :exclamation::exclamation::exclamation:
A very good recipe for disaster.

http://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/1053256971_08953f3a33.jpg

Zeeshan
June 28, 2010, 07:05 PM
How much is he getting paid anyways?

Antora
June 28, 2010, 07:16 PM
wowowowow!!! GAGU is batting advisor? really? I think I'm going to cry :P This is the happiest day of my life :P LOL!!!
But Siddons and Ganguly together? Not sure how that's going to work and I would have prefered if Shakib was still captain, I mean Mash is totally out of form :S

beshideshi
June 28, 2010, 07:18 PM

we need a bowling coach not a batting adviser...

khali shirt na, pant o dangle koruk after a win at Lords. Lord's e jitle jeita issa koruk.

Green Tea
June 28, 2010, 08:09 PM

http://vivchavan.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/sourav-on-lords.jpg

Purbasha T
June 28, 2010, 08:11 PM

@ Murad. He is definitely in England but I dont think he is playing for any county team.

And me and Nadim? :waiting:

Abid_Khan
June 28, 2010, 08:20 PM

Ganguly played against Pakistan for MCC, but I'm not sure if he's playing in the domestic T20 competition

Roni_uk
June 28, 2010, 08:41 PM
I guess Siddon's time is up. Sourav Ganguli is taking over sooner or later. Take this as the transition period. I'd say good move.

wiseshah
June 28, 2010, 08:53 PM
good move

now hire warne or mcgrath or chaminda vaas as a bowling coach

Dilscoop
June 28, 2010, 08:55 PM
^^ Mcgrath Warne. Pfft

@ Roni: Yaa right. You guys are going way overboard! GANGULY IS PART TIME. IT's ONLY BECAUSE HE IS IN ENG ATM! THATS ALL! dont get your hopes up. JS is here to stay! sob!

bujhee kom
June 28, 2010, 09:02 PM
Khela tow ekhane dekchi besh bhaloi jome utheche...
Thread-ta tow besh bhaloi jome uthche boile mone hocche....

cricket_king
June 28, 2010, 09:07 PM
First and foremost, we needed a bowling coach. I don't mind a batting coach either, though, we do need all the help we can get at the moment.

mahbubH
June 28, 2010, 09:53 PM
BCB is just following PCB... lot of coaches and different captains... idiots... Mash cannot even make the team right now...

crickwizard
June 28, 2010, 09:56 PM
BCB Should get either Chaminda Vaas or Glen Mcgraw as bowling coach. Our players can't bowl too fast, 77-80 m/h with swing can be the only fast bowling option that can be effective

Dilscoop
June 28, 2010, 10:07 PM
One good thing we can already see from this is, we wont have to see a SLA biased bowling changing, or Riyad not getting the ball at all. And Mash can use himself correctly. Over the years captains have miss used him. But I hope it doesn't mean that he finishes his 10 over by 35 overs just to make his stats look better.

shakibrulz
June 28, 2010, 10:35 PM
Wow, Dada as the batting coach.. He's truly a motivator.. Great move by the BCB..

But agree with others, what BD need is a bowling coach.

zman
June 28, 2010, 10:38 PM
what I admire most about dada is his grit and fighting attitude...I'm sure he'd do a great job as a head coach and inspire a lot of confidence in his team. We know he's one of those special players who play with a lot of heart and gut it out every time he's out there in the middle. Not sure he'll be able do more than what takla's done to improve our batting though given his well chronicled weakness against the short ball...hope he proves me wrong...like most others I'm also looking forward to finding out who's the new bowling coach.

Dilscoop
June 28, 2010, 10:46 PM
I just wanna see Ganguly at the dressing room, with our WU kit on. The black jacket and stuff. (talking about those, why do they change those every 2 weeks??)

BANFAN
June 28, 2010, 11:14 PM

you got Siddons - one of the best batting coach and now Shourov is included as batting adviser...guess what will be our next match score!!:-p

lol.....BCB.. lol

Who told you that? I didn't see any sign in last 2 years.

Very good move in my opinion. We need such high performing players from int cricket to be affiliated with the team, we seriously lack mentoring, we don't have quality ex players to do that. These guys can pass on skills and techniques they have used under different conditions. Now we need some bowling advise, I would prefer W. Akram.

tkandi4
June 28, 2010, 11:24 PM
I see big problems in batting. Would JS and SG advise the same thing to our batsmen? If not, then who would they follow? If batsmen fail, who would take the blame?
Based on performance and fitness, Mash can't make the team. Now he is the captain. We will be playing with 10 men again.

Dilscoop
June 28, 2010, 11:46 PM
^^ Why would you blame SG? He will only be there for 1 or 2 days..

beshideshi
June 29, 2010, 12:08 AM
Some of us here are perhaps too young to remember what Ganguly did to Indian cricket team, he made a "team" out of some extra ordinary "performers". Something we should be doing before the WC11. Ganguly is a great motivator, has a never-give-up mentality and possesses a great cricketing mind, all of these can only benefit the team. I think we should hire him as a batting advisor till the WC11, just so that he stays with the team and keeps pushing us.
Also he would be the first international coach who won't have a language barrier with the Bangladesh cricket team.

Imteaz
June 29, 2010, 12:35 AM
Poor Saurav!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck.

al-Sagar
June 29, 2010, 12:56 AM
I see big problems in batting. Would JS and SG advise the same thing to our batsmen? If not, then who would they follow? If batsmen fail, who would take the blame?
Based on performance and fitness, Mash can't make the team. Now he is the captain. We will be playing with 10 men again.

may be JS for RH batsman ..... mushfiq, rakibul, mahmudul jahurul .....

Dada for LH .... tamim, imrul, junaid, shakib ........

i think dada has the same problems like imrul and junaid eraly in his career, but he cam through a long way. so Dada can be a big motivator for these players.

anyway i dont think we will see the changese straight away. i think if he carries on up to WC 2011, then we may see signs of improvement at that time.

auntu
June 29, 2010, 01:59 AM
JS was definitely doing good with the batsman. We were lacking on bowling coach.
I don't how JS would take this decision. I hope there would be no personality conflict.

M.H.Rubel
June 29, 2010, 03:13 AM
Do we need a batting consultant at all?And Sourav appointed as batting consultant?I smell something fishy there.Is BCB thinking to change coach before world cup?

al-Sagar
June 29, 2010, 03:38 AM
Khela tow ekhane dekchi besh bhaloi jome utheche...
Thread-ta tow besh bhaloi jome uthche boile mone hocche....

etodin BC member der DADA DADA korten.

ekhon Official DADA amader dol e jog dise....

khela to jombei ... ...

beshideshi
June 29, 2010, 03:50 AM
btw, kono official declaration hoise? CI/TC kothaw to dekhlam na Ganguly join korar kotha :\

mafizraju
June 29, 2010, 05:20 AM
JS was definitely doing good with the batsman. We were lacking on bowling coach.
I don't how JS would take this decision. I hope there would be no personality conflict.

I wonder whether JS was asked of his opinion about this change at all or not?

And if I am not mistaken the Balls will not do as much this time around in the pitches as it did last time under cloudy sky as England wound be as cloudy this time of the year and players with their previous exposure will surely be expected to do better.

I only hope this better performance be not attributed to the change in captaincy and addition of a Batting consultant. Captain and consultant are not magician that they can change with flicck....

mafizraju
June 29, 2010, 05:31 AM
Some of us here are perhaps too young to remember what Ganguly did to Indian cricket team, he made a "team" out of some extra ordinary "performers". Something we should be doing before the WC11. Ganguly is a great motivator, has a never-give-up mentality and possesses a great cricketing mind, all of these can only benefit the team. I think we should hire him as a batting advisor till the WC11, just so that he stays with the team and keeps pushing us.
Also he would be the first international coach who won't have a language barrier with the Bangladesh cricket team.

Yes but if you are old enough you should not forget that Indian team had certain Dravid, SRT, ganguly, Kumble at the peak of their respective forms. Yes they did seemed to lack in team spirit, but you can no way claim the change in Indian attitude to appointment of SG only, John Wright had his share in it too. If ganguly was so great in building a team out of whatever he would have made KKR the champ. What is KKR lacking? Certainly not skill or ability or even certain Dav Whatmore...

and Our captain didnot find a place in the playing eleven even in that team and you expect Saurav to be the magician who will change the Bangladesh Cricket...!! Please come to the sense.......

Also language is no real barrier.... Players in our team speak decent enough English and Universal language of Cricket contains substantial amount of english words that every player get to know even in bangladesh at very early age...

mafizraju
June 29, 2010, 05:38 AM
Who told you that? I didn't see any sign in last 2 years.

Very good move in my opinion. We need such high performing players from int cricket to be affiliated with the team, we seriously lack mentoring, we don't have quality ex players to do that. These guys can pass on skills and techniques they have used under different conditions. Now we need some bowling advise, I would prefer W. Akram.

With the money Gangugly and Akram ask, you can get three other low profile coaches to work in the age groups, who at the moment have none, and they can be a real mentor by teaching them skills they need to survive, and most improtantly the skills Ash and Co needed to learn at the age of 14 not at the age of 24...

I want Gods to come down and with a flick of a finger to make me in a Akram-Steve Waugh-Glenn macgrath-warnie-jhonty-viv. happy dreaming...

Miraz
June 29, 2010, 06:22 AM
Is there any news in the print media to confirm Sourav Ganguly appointment?

MohammedC
June 29, 2010, 06:55 AM
^^^ I have looked around but could not find any news about shourav ganguly

beshideshi
June 29, 2010, 07:04 AM
Yes but if you are old enough you should not forget that Indian team had certain Dravid, SRT, ganguly, Kumble at the peak of their respective forms. Yes they did seemed to lack in team spirit, but you can no way claim the change in Indian attitude to appointment of SG only, John Wright had his share in it too. If ganguly was so great in building a team out of whatever he would have made KKR the champ. What is KKR lacking? Certainly not skill or ability or even certain Dav Whatmore...

and Our captain didnot find a place in the playing eleven even in that team and you expect Saurav to be the magician who will change the Bangladesh Cricket...!! Please come to the sense.......

Also language is no real barrier.... Players in our team speak decent enough English and Universal language of Cricket contains substantial amount of english words that every player get to know even in bangladesh at very early age...

I am not saying Ganguly was the sole reason for the Indian transformation, but the team was never playing to it's full potential until Ganguly took over. I know we do not have SRT, Dravid, VVS, Kumble etc, but we do have Tamim, Shakib, Mushfique, Riyad etc and if these guys can play together as a team[i.e. play to full potential] we will be a much better team[obviously weaker than the Indian team consisting SRT,Dravids]. I do not expect us to become world beaters only because the coach is changed, I expect the team to perform to its full potential and I think it's very much possible under a motivational coach/captain.
And about language, I have seen people doing PHDs in a full English curriculum and yet they find communicating in Bengali easier. it's not about the comprehension of simple phrases, its about expressing yourself and understanding the meaning of every single word the coach uses. No matter how potent you are in English, communicating in Bengali would obviously be the first choice of most of our players.

thebest
June 29, 2010, 07:42 AM
so they want to fire JS just before WC. I am not a JS fan but this is insane. but if this is not the reason what JS do now?

Holden
June 29, 2010, 08:12 AM
Do we need a batting consultant at all?And Sourav appointed as batting consultant?I smell something fishy there.Is BCB thinking to change coach before world cup?

Getting bowled out in a session, twice consecutively, I think we do. I think it's only a temporary situation to help our batsman in English conditions, Ganguly is in England anyway, so they probably asked him to come and give some advice to our guys while he's here. I don't see this going further than this tour.

akabir77
June 29, 2010, 08:20 AM
I would love if DADA teaches our captain how to captain the team instead of the batting stuff only...

lamisa
June 29, 2010, 09:36 AM

i am fearing that too.i think that JS is too proud to have another person as a batting advisor.i was like WTF when i saw about ganguly on ntv and it totally freaked me out!bcb should hire a good bowling coach or even an advisor atm.

to all those people who are thinking that dada is on the mae to be our next coach-i don't think that dada will give up ipl to be our coach,not even if we give him "puro mishti"

shakibrulz
June 29, 2010, 09:40 AM
Yes but if you are old enough you should not forget that Indian team had certain Dravid, SRT, ganguly, Kumble at the peak of their respective forms.

Even Azharuddin had the service of these players. Plus consider the circumstances on which he took the captiancy of Indian cricket - post the whole match fixing incidents which was the darkest era of Indian cricket. From there leading them to victory, is not as easy as you think mate. Series vs SA, Aus, England, Pak etc. while Indians were considered bunnies away from home.

Yes they did seemed to lack in team spirit, but you can no way claim the change in Indian attitude to appointment of SG only, John Wright had his share in it too. Whatmore...

No one is ignore Wright did to Indian cricket. But you can't belittle Dada's role in India's success. Dada stood for the youngsters, and that's the reason why we have players like Harbhajan now. Even now India's key players - Viru, Yuvi, Bhajji, Zak, Nehra, Dhoni, were Dada's boys. Now don't give me the selectors crap, since then I can't remember any youngsters getting a regular spot in the team except crapsters like Jadeja. Rest are all treated like use and throw players.

If ganguly was so great in building a team out of whatever he would have made KKR the champ. What is KKR lacking? Certainly not skill or ability or even certain Dav
Because IPL is Tontee tontee where only SLOGGING MATTERS.. Don't judge his captiancy skills by KKR's performance.. The better sloggers win there.. And KKR is managed by a private body where a captian don't have much of a say except listen to them..

:lol:.. You think anyone in this whole freaking world would've had the guts to play Mashrafe after that horrendous match where he lost us the match after we were in a winning position? Plus there is a limit (4) for the number of international players.. Isn't it clear that Mashrafe is picked in KKR team for pleasing BD fans..? And the KKR franchisee gives a damn about winning or losing.. They're still making an awful lot of cash.. That's what IPL is.. It's high time you understand that...

Farhad
June 29, 2010, 09:48 AM
so they want to fire JS just before WC. I am not a JS fan but this is insane. but if this is not the reason what JS do now?

Nobody's getting fired. I'd be surprised if Ganguly is with the team for more than two weeks. "Advisors" are hardly ever permanent fixtures...

lamisa
June 29, 2010, 09:49 AM
I am not saying Ganguly was the sole reason for the Indian transformation, but the team was never playing to it's full potential until Ganguly took over. I know we do not have SRT, Dravid, VVS, Kumble etc, but we do have Tamim, Shakib, Mushfique, Riyad etc and if these guys can play together as a team[i.e. play to full potential] we will be a much better team[obviously weaker than the Indian team consisting SRT,Dravids]. I do not expect us to become world beaters only because the coach is changed, I expect the team to perform to its full potential and I think it's very much possible under a motivational coach/captain.
And about language, I have seen people doing PHDs in a full English curriculum and yet they find communicating in Bengali easier. it's not about the comprehension of simple phrases, its about expressing yourself and understanding the meaning of every single word the coach uses. No matter how potent you are in English, communicating in Bengali would obviously be the first choice of most of our players.

firstly i would like to point out that he is NOT going to be a coach of any sort!
i agree with u that it is not neccessary to be able to speak fluently in english in order to communicate with the coach.most of our players can speak english(bhanga bhanga holeo) and even if some don't,then what is chacha in the team for?;)

beshideshi
June 29, 2010, 10:08 AM
firstly i would like to point out that he is NOT going to be a coach of any sort!
i agree with u that it is not neccessary to be able to speak fluently in english in order to communicate with the coach.most of our players can speak english(bhanga bhanga holeo) and even if some don't,then what is chacha in the team for?;)

Apologies, I meant the batting advisor. I was trying to show how a coach or the captain can turn a bunch of players into a team. i.e. Arjuna Ranatunga, Mark Taylor.

DJ Sahastra
June 29, 2010, 11:37 AM
A team's performance is never a sum-total of individual players capabilities - rather a sum-total of their performances.

That is why it is possible for a team full of stars to be humiliated day in and day out while another team full of average players is winning left and right.

At different times, Zimbabwe, Sri lanka, New Zealand, Australia have led the example in the latter case and India, Pakistan, and to some extent, West Indies and England have shown glimpses of the former case. BD does not qualify for the either bucket.

The first step will be for a coach to pick up the disorganised, disoriented, and directionless BD players and make a team out of them. There is none at the moment.

habfreak
June 29, 2010, 12:13 PM
This is more of a band-aid solution and not going to resolve much of the real issues with our team. Captaincy has not been the problem, and handing it to a unfit, out of form, past his peak player doesn't give the team much of a moral boost. Plus, I never thought Mash was captaincy material even when he was at his best.

about the hiring of Ganguly, it's more to keep the media occupied than to help the batsmen. What advice is he going to give in one series that Siddons could not get through their heads in all these years. Besides, Our top order is doing comparatively better than the rest of the team, and if I remember correctly, Dada was an opener.

simon
June 29, 2010, 01:18 PM
i am fearing that too.i think that JS is too proud to have another person as a batting advisor.i was like WTF when i saw about ganguly on ntv and it totally freaked me out!bcb should hire a good bowling coach or even an advisor atm.

to all those people who are thinking that dada is on the mae to be our next coach-i don't think that dada will give up ipl to be our coach,not even if we give him "puro mishti"

etokichu hoya gelo,shobai Ntv news dekhlo,ami chara!:(
I am still searching but not getting the news on this matter.
News charlei shudhu football ar football!:head:
Money hoy jeno BD football world cup kheltesey,na kheilai eto unmadona khelley najani ki hoito?:-P
BTW any1 has or can give me a link of that news pls.:)

Tanvir703
June 29, 2010, 01:38 PM
Ganguly as an advisor..i wouldn't mind....but it wouldn't be a good idea to appoint him as a head coach. I know it would improve the language barrier but that might be a problem as well. Ganguly's pride might get in the way as well.

dolcevita
June 29, 2010, 02:55 PM
Tamim Iqbal will get an ICC awards this year

Dilscoop
June 29, 2010, 03:25 PM
^^ Random...

knocks on wood

Dilscoop
June 29, 2010, 03:28 PM
about the hiring of Ganguly, it's more to keep the media occupied than to help the batsmen.
I doubt that's the case. Our BCB isn't smart enough to do all that tricky stuff. Ganguly is already in UK. BCB had no problem talking to him, as he speaks Bangla, so they booked him. It's simple as that.

bujhee kom
June 29, 2010, 10:43 PM
etodin BC member der DADA DADA korten.

ekhon Official DADA amader dol e jog dise....

khela to jombei ... ...

Hahahahaha....thik bolechen Shagor da!...hheheheh...dekhun, amar mookher keramoti koto...heheheheh...etodin dada dada bole apnader dekechi aar eibar team-ero ekta the dada jutey gelo.....ekhon theke apnader shobaike BC-te Baba Baba bole dakbo, hoito tarpor dekha jaabe team-er ekta Daddy-o jutey geche, ki bolun dada?
Asha ache ebar khela jombe besh jomat.
Ami just ekhane ghapti mere boshe achi....

Shaan
June 30, 2010, 03:04 AM
overall very good decision, at last BCB has shown us little bit maturity here by picking Sourav as batting adviser temporarily although Sourav himself came forward for this duty for free of charge, according to "Shomokal newspaper".

Sourav is a one of the finest batsman plus native Bangla speaker which will give lots of advantages to our boys to have proper communication with him plus pick up his advises feasibly. So, hoping best luck for the boys and DADA !!

Catskills
June 30, 2010, 03:30 AM
I am kind of happy that Saurav is appointed as the batting advisor. Unlike many of us, I think, Siddons, as a coach, has damaged our batting the most. Instead of fine-tuning the attitude problems of our batsmen, he tried to make them cut their shots. It certainly did not work. The most successful ones like Tamim and Shakib have played agreesive cricket and Siddons had to accept their style of playing, because they were getting runs. On the other hand, capable batsmen with attitude problems, like Ashraful and Aftab, did not benefit from him at all. Saurav should inject the correct attitude to the team.

Well said! I agree...

BANFAN
June 30, 2010, 03:39 AM
With the money Gangugly and Akram ask, you can get three other low profile coaches to work in the age groups, who at the moment have none, and they can be a real mentor by teaching them skills they need to survive, and most improtantly the skills Ash and Co needed to learn at the age of 14 not at the age of 24...

I want Gods to come down and with a flick of a finger to make me in a Akram-Steve Waugh-Glenn macgrath-warnie-jhonty-viv. happy dreaming...

You are assuming something to make JS employment look economic :)

lamisa
June 30, 2010, 04:45 AM
This is more of a band-aid solution and not going to resolve much of the real issues with our team. Captaincy has not been the problem, and handing it to a unfit, out of form, past his peak player doesn't give the team much of a moral boost. Plus, I never thought Mash was captaincy material even when he was at his best.

about the hiring of Ganguly, it's more to keep the media occupied than to help the batsmen. What advice is he going to give in one series that Siddons could not get through their heads in all these years. Besides, Our top order is doing comparatively better than the rest of the team, and if I remember correctly, Dada was an opener.

keep the media occupied?bhai,the bd media doesn't give a $H!T about cricket anymore what with the FIFA WC going on.there is hardly a piece about our cricket in the newspapers theseadays so bcb doesn't need to pull off a stunt to distract the media

lamisa
June 30, 2010, 04:52 AM
overall very good decision, at last BCB has shown us little bit maturity here by picking Sourav as batting adviser temporarily although Sourav himself came forward for this duty for free of charge, according to "Shomokal newspaper".

Sourav is a one of the finest batsman plus native Bangla speaker which will give lots of advantages to our boys to have proper communication with him plus pick up his advises feasibly. So, hoping best luck for the boys and DADA !!

so that's why bcb appointed him,now i get it.otherwise they are so miser...

crikfreak
June 30, 2010, 08:11 AM
i dont kow if this is such a good idea... saurav... ok f9 maybe..

bt mash is still not back in form... he needed more time just playing..bt then again.. sakib attitude towards him..n everything else combined..i'm confused... bt whatever it is... i hope the end result will be a bit different than everything so far... i'd like to wish mashrafe best of luck..... hope he does well in whatever he does....

Green Tea
June 30, 2010, 09:28 AM
Why Saurav Ganguly is so appealing to the general public? :lol::lol:

http://mdsingh.webfactional.com/talkcricket/binary/SouravWavingShirtCartoon1.jpg

kazis2007
June 30, 2010, 06:01 PM
saw dada yesterday at covent garden.he was busy with shopping

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
June 30, 2010, 07:53 PM
Ganguly as an advisor!!!......r u kidding me!!

Hatekrew
June 30, 2010, 08:00 PM
Dadas and apas, eibar mone hocche khela besh bhaloi jome uthbe, ki bolen?
Eibar ekebarey slam baam, jamitty jaam, thank you maam!!!

Ami eibar khela follow korar jonno ekebarey Lungi khule Langta hoe boshbo computer-er shamne!! Aar faal faal kore, mookh haa kore, lole(Lul/Lalla - not the Abdur Razzak) poronto obosthai, screen-er dikey taakie thakbo!

Banglaar manus khepe utho! Jege utho Banglaar 150 million jonogon!!
Banglaar akaash rakhibo mookto, Banglaar batash koribo naa dushito! :flag:
Ami emnitei nengta hoye boshe khela dekhi. Lungi na porleo. lol.

Sourav dada'r addition should also be some kind of a mental boost. Eibar amader chagol guli'r kono excuse nai. Head coach, batting advisor, bowling coach shobi ase.

I hope they stop saying that shitty line 'we're always improving/trying to improve' and actually show some shame when they lose. No team plays to 'improve' over a decade. It's not like we can't win or we lack the players to win. We have the whole arsenal... mmmmmmm maybeee a little weak with our bowling, but it's still not toothless if used properly.

Just a spark, just a spark......... that's all these kitties need to finally evolve into Tigers. Let's hope they do whats overdue.

nsd3
June 30, 2010, 08:51 PM
Is Ganguly's inclusion confirmed by cricinfo or some newspaper yet?

kalpurush
June 30, 2010, 10:22 PM
Ditto. It might help Ice Man to get back his form again. :)

habfreak
July 1, 2010, 12:33 AM
keep the media occupied?bhai,the bd media doesn't give a $H!T about cricket anymore what with the FIFA WC going on.there is hardly a piece about our cricket in the newspapers theseadays so bcb doesn't need to pull off a stunt to distract the media
lol true. I don't live in Bangladesh but I read Prothom-Alo sometimes online...and I can't remember reading anything on there about Mashrafe being appointed captain. Instead there are articles about the most random things happening at the soccer world cup..like what Maradona ate for breakfast that morning etc etc

This is kinda off topic, but I was trying to explain to a Non Bangladeshi friend the other day why streets of Bangladesh are full of Brazilian and Argentine flags these days; not the easiest thing to do, trust me :P nijer desh na kheltei eto chillachilli...my facebook news feed is full of Brazilian and Argentine 'Warriors; B1tching at each other lol.

Dilscoop
July 1, 2010, 01:06 AM
^^How did your friend find out about this? And which team are you? :D

lamisa
July 1, 2010, 05:27 AM
lol true. I don't live in Bangladesh but I read Prothom-Alo sometimes online...and I can't remember reading anything on there about Mashrafe being appointed captain. Instead there are articles about the most random things happening at the soccer world cup..like what Maradona ate for breakfast that morning etc etc

This is kinda off topic, but I was trying to explain to a Non Bangladeshi friend the other day why streets of Bangladesh are full of Brazilian and Argentine flags these days; not the easiest thing to do, trust me :P nijer desh na kheltei eto chillachilli...my facebook news feed is full of Brazilian and Argentine 'Warriors; B1tching at each other lol.

yes it is sooo weird!!!current na thakle electricity and power office bhangchur hoy!!!

habfreak
July 1, 2010, 05:31 PM
^^How did your friend find out about this? And which team are you? :D
I was on my facebook while he was watching and almost all my friends from Bangladesh have either a Brazilian or Argentine flag as their profile picture. Oh...and I'm rooting for Netherlands...although my first choice was France...who btw decided to embarrass me :D
yes it is sooo weird!!!current na thakle electricity and power office bhangchur hoy!!!
Yeah I read an article on yahoo how factories were shut down during games to save electricity so people could watch the game.:timeout: by the way, your avatar makes me mad at Shahadat every time...he promised me a picture after the 2nd England test and then ignored me after the game ended!!! well I atleast got his autograph. :-D

Dilscoop
July 1, 2010, 05:46 PM
After 2nd Test? Lol. Ya that was not a good timing at all.

habfreak
July 1, 2010, 07:25 PM
^Shahadat was the 12th man for that test! I did take a couple pictures with him but they didn't come out as good as Lamisa's because of the fences in between the ground and the stands. So he promised me and two other fans that he will come outside of the dressing room after the game and never showed up! :@

Dilscoop
July 1, 2010, 07:55 PM
He doesn't really have to. I doubt he even remembers

Dhakablues
July 1, 2010, 09:18 PM
Strangely enough, this news is not anywhere to be found other than BC. Did Ganguly really agree to consult Bangladesh team? If that did happen, the batsman will get a boost indeed but he is more needed for the youth team where the kids can learn few tips and tricks. But for Ganguly, an association with Bangladesh team wouldnt really bring any fruit other than few extra cash, if it is the case..I am pretty sure Mashrafee was the master mind behind this. A good move, if this is true.

lamisa
July 2, 2010, 04:21 AM
I was on my facebook while he was watching and almost all my friends from Bangladesh have either a Brazilian or Argentine flag as their profile picture. Oh...and I'm rooting for Netherlands...although my first choice was France...who btw decided to embarrass me :D

Yeah I read an article on yahoo how factories were shut down during games to save electricity so people could watch the game.:timeout: by the way, your avatar makes me mad at Shahadat every time...he promised me a picture after the 2nd England test and then ignored me after the game ended!!! well I atleast got his autograph. :-D

that's probably because u are not a girlE-)!i also got his autograph,though it was on my statistics book!

habfreak
July 2, 2010, 01:10 PM
that's probably because u are not a girlE-)!i also got his autograph,though it was on my statistics book!
Yeah one of the many scenarios where I wish I was a girl:lol: seriously though, Statistics book? what did u do? rip the page off and frame it? I would if I had a clear picture like yours with Shahadat. I framed mine with Mushy.

omg...we are so off topic...why are the mods not warning us yet? :p

Dilscoop
July 2, 2010, 01:39 PM
You 2 are way off topic. But to take it little farther. BRAZIL LOST!!!!!!!!!!! Freaking Holland Neatherland Denmark Chinamark won!

Purbasha T
July 2, 2010, 02:35 PM
And also it's time for BaGhana BaGhana!!!

habfreak
July 3, 2010, 12:45 AM
Yes NETHERLANDS! I've been wearing my Dutch jersey for 5 days straight now since the Slovakia game...it needs a wash :D and I feel bad for Ghana...they were among my top 5 fav teams after Netherlands, France, South Korea and Japan.

Dilscoop
July 3, 2010, 06:32 PM
I thought our Mash did a great job rotating his bowlers. I am glad I dont have to see the overuse of SLA anymore!

Ajfar
July 3, 2010, 08:02 PM
I thought our Mash did a great job rotating his bowlers. I am glad I dont have to see the overuse of SLA anymore!

where did you see the game?

lamisa
July 4, 2010, 04:48 AM
^^ and where can i get the full scorecard from?

BANFAN
July 4, 2010, 04:56 AM
Tamim Iqbal will get an ICC awards this year

Is there any National Quota?

Nadim
July 4, 2010, 05:00 AM
^^ and where can i get the full scorecard from?

Click here (http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-bangladesh-2010/engine/current/match/426399.html)

Farhad
July 5, 2010, 08:34 PM
I'm not sure if anyone brought this up yet, but according to Siddons, Mash was only chosen as captain because Shakib didnt want it anymore. Shakib felt the burden of captaincy was the reason for his recent lack of form...

http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-bangladesh-2010/content/current/story/466199.html

Tiger444
July 5, 2010, 09:24 PM
I'm not sure if anyone brought this up yet, but according to Siddons, Mash was only chosen as captain because Shakib didnt want it anymore. Shakib felt the burden of captaincy was the reason for his recent lack of form...

http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-bangladesh-2010/content/current/story/466199.html

This is a really interesting article..thanks for putting it up Farhad bro..well it seems the captaincy was taking the better of Shakib and he just needed a break..very good decision by him..his bowling has still been very solid but his batting has been extremely poor which has really affected us this year..13 matches, 1 half century, and an average of only a 22.53 is really terrible..he really needs to get the pressure off and really concentrate hard on his batting..I rate him as our 2nd best batsman on our team and he needs to play like 1..there is 2 much pressure on Tamim to perform every time with the bat and Shakib needs to score more runs..hopefully this can bring out the best of Mash also..Shakib is still really young and when he's ready to have the captaincy back then he can have it..right now Mash seems to be the more experience guy and hopefully he can be a more attacking captain..that could make a big difference for us..

I know Siddons shouldn't be saying this out loud and really don't like how he seems to just depend on Tamim to win games but the truth does hurt and he really is our only world class batsman right now..I consider Shakib a world class batsman as well but he's been out of form..Imrul, Zunaed, Mahmudullah, Roqibul and Jahurul are all role players and we really can't count on them to be the game changers for us..only Tamim and Shakib have that power so if they can fire for us then we have a real shot at competing..

Very interesting to see how Siddons said "there was a bit of a battle to get him back" when talking about Roqibul.. Probably means that Siddons fought to have him back..He praised Jahurul a lot as well..it seems these 2 are here to stay in the national team for awhile..he's been the biggest fan of Roqibul for a long time..guess its because he's known as a hard working player and is a very stable batsman..Jahurul seems the same as well..saying that he thinks these 2 are future world class batsmen is saying something..hopefully they do turn out to be great batsmen because we really do need some..

cricket_pagol
July 6, 2010, 12:31 AM

This article is definitely interesting. I hope the content of the article is accurate.

Rifat
July 6, 2010, 12:38 AM