PDA

View Full Version : Joseph Scuderi new Bangladesh bowling coach for England Tour

Miraz
June 30, 2010, 03:41 PM
BCB has appointed Joseph Scuderi, former South Australian all-rounder and a friend of Jamie Siddons, as the temporary bowling coach of Bangladesh for the England tour.

Knowns as Joe Scuderi in the cricket circle, he was the South Australian cricketer of the year for 1992-1993 while Jamie Siddons received the award in 1993-94 and again in 1997-98.

Here 's Joe Scuderi's cricinfo profile

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/7585.html

I hope he will be able to guide our pace bowling trio, particularly Rubel and Shafiul.

bujhee kom
June 30, 2010, 03:47 PM
Good news! Alhamdulillah!
Warm welcome to coach Joe Scuderi to Bangladesh team Management.
Best wishes to Scuderi, team Bangladesh and the bowlers of Bangladesh!

auntu
June 30, 2010, 03:50 PM
Really great improvement.
A refreshing news after quite sometimes. I hope these two Aussies would blend it right.

Dilscoop
June 30, 2010, 03:56 PM
So he isn't permanent. I thought they were getting a permanent coach from Aus.

JS's friend? Oh gosh? JK, I don't wanna be too critical here. :D But we all know what happened in the IPL. Warne and Buccannanana kept bringing their friends in.

zman
June 30, 2010, 04:00 PM
JS dekhi BCB style e nepotism shuru korse...ar ei beta to half italian...tar upore italy'r coach...italy'r je cricket team ase sheitai to jantam na..wc football e ja khela dekhailo i'll take this news with a grain of salt...hope he's got at least something to offer to our bowlers

Equinox
June 30, 2010, 04:07 PM
JS dekhi BCB style e nepotism shuru korse...ar ei beta to half italian...tar upore italy'r coach...italy'r je cricket team ase sheitai to jantam na..wc football e ja khela dekhailo i'll take this news with a grain of salt...hope he's got at least something to offer to our bowlers
Nepotism involves family.

In football and even cricket head coaches appoint their coaching team. It is important that all the coaches are on the same wavelength. So I think this is a good move. He has played 82 FC matches so he is quite experienced. Does anyone know about his coaching career?

Dilscoop
June 30, 2010, 04:07 PM
It would be funny if our bowlers turns out to be better than him.

Nadim
June 30, 2010, 04:10 PM
hmm another JS :doh:

good luck to him.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Equinox
June 30, 2010, 04:11 PM
It would be funny if our bowlers turns out to be better than him.
Then Jose Mourinho shouldn't be coaching Ronaldo, Kaka and Higuain?

dolcevita
June 30, 2010, 04:14 PM
How much Siddons earn from. Bcb ?
100000 $??
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

dolcevita
June 30, 2010, 04:19 PM
That. A poor choice : this guy has never played an ODI or a TEST match...

Furthermore why they. Don't hire a genuine BOWLER ?
He is an all rounder

mij
June 30, 2010, 04:24 PM

He is an all rounder

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

True.

Miraz
June 30, 2010, 04:35 PM

He is an all rounder

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

He was South Australian player of the year for 1992-93. That's not something you can earn easily. He is defnitely a better cricketer than many players who played ODI cricket for other countries.

Last year's SA cricketer of the year was Ryan Harris who demolished England today, Shaun Tait was before him and Darren Lehman was awarded couple of times.

I think he might turn out to be a good choice if he can isnpire our bowlers. I hope he doesn't have the same defeatist mindset like his South Australian mate.

akabir77
June 30, 2010, 04:48 PM
when did it became a rule that a COACH has to be a good player too?

zman
June 30, 2010, 04:50 PM
Nepotism involves family.

In football and even cricket head coaches appoint their coaching team. It is important that all the coaches are on the same wavelength. So I think this is a good move. He has played 82 FC matches so he is quite experienced. Does anyone know about his coaching career?
Nepotism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepotism) is actually favoritism granted to relatives and/or close friends although in most cases people use it in the context of relatives.

The argument you state is the only reason why I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt at this point without even knowing much about him...I still wish we got (or hopefully get in the future) somebody with at least some international exposure as opposed to just FC experience.

Dilscoop
June 30, 2010, 05:20 PM
Then Jose Mourinho shouldn't be coaching Ronaldo, Kaka and Higuain?
Ronaldo, Kaka were already good players. Jose did not create them. Our bowlers need some one who can create them into a decent bowler. They need more than guidance. For ex. Sachin, Sehwag, Dravid dont need GK. But players like Rohit Sharma, Raina, Kohil can use him.

And what's with this recent soccer comparison with every single argument. Lot of you are doing this recently

bdtiger
June 30, 2010, 05:45 PM
seems like a low profile coach. I don't expect anything from him except paying a high salary which will be wasted. I hope my assumption will be false.

Nafi
June 30, 2010, 06:09 PM
Too many pretentious posts on here.

For all you know, this guy may be a seam bowling guru. We have never met him, but only time can be our judge.

Dilscoop
June 30, 2010, 06:19 PM
People thought Champaka R. would be really good for our bowlers. He created Vaas and all that blah blah. He is helping Rubel Hossain to become a great bowler, blah blah. I read all that on the news papers. What happened to him? Shahadat Hossain answers: "He ruined me by changing my bowling action". I said this in some other thread, when we fans think something would be best for our boys and out cricket, it turns out to be total opposite. So considering that, I hope this guy does something magical. No jinx (knock on wood)

Baundule
June 30, 2010, 06:20 PM
I hope he has a different mindset than Siddons. With his experience he should be good enough as a bowling coach. Time will tell. Our bowlers do not need to learn any new bowling technique; all they need is good control over what they already can do.

simon
June 30, 2010, 07:25 PM
now get ready to see some personal achievement from our bowlers.:-D
just kidding,
wish him & our bowlers good luck.

LateCut
June 30, 2010, 07:36 PM
The name seems familiar. There is an innovative engine call Scuderi Engine (http://www.scuderigroup.com/ ). I wish our bowling team will be as efficient as these engines promised to be.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
June 30, 2010, 07:50 PM
Coach pochondo hoilo na

beshideshi
June 30, 2010, 07:51 PM
Scuderi is definitely not the of the highest caliber,but seems to be a very good first class cricketer. Played for SA from 1988-1999/0. Played for Australian Academy in 1988 and was thought to be a national team prospect, but his bowling and decent batting never really flourished enough to earn him a spot in the team, a promise never fulfilled.
Alike the Bangladeshi players he peaked way too early and found it difficult to cement his SA spot after 1992/3, and played very few games after that period. So his bowling average of 30 is inflated by his off colour years. I hope he manages to help the bowlers a great deal, he has been living in Lancashire for a while,should be aware of the bowling conditions and pitches.

here is a scrap book page of John Scuderi
http://www.kingsgrovesports.com.au/go/Customer-of-the-Month/Past-Customers-of-the-Month/Joe-Scuderi-of-AUST-UK-ITALY-!

PS: He shared few years of first class cricket with JS, should work in our favour.

Hatekrew
June 30, 2010, 07:53 PM
when did it became a rule that a COACH has to be a good player too?
Totally agree. Plus he was SA's cricketer of the year a couple times. You don't get that if you don't have skills.

beshideshi
June 30, 2010, 08:12 PM

He is an all rounder

This is something I would strongly disagree with, as akabir bhai said, a coach does not need to be a good player. As long as you know the techniques of bowling and can transfer that knowledge to other players, you are a good coach.
Dav Whatmore played 7 tests and 1 ODI, Mickey Arthur has 0 tests and 0 ODIs, John Buchanan has 0 test and 0 ODIs, Tim Nielsen has 0 test and 0 ODIs.
DW coached 2 test nations, Mickey coached South Africa, and the latter two coached Australia.
anyways, I don't think Scuderi was a nothing bowler, SA always had the best pacers in Australia[and WA]. Playing for SA as a pacer must mean you are at least a good bowler.

bujhee kom
June 30, 2010, 08:54 PM
Joe Scuderi dada

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Joseph Charles "Joe" Scuderi (24 December 1968 in Ingham, Queensland, Australia) is a professional cricketer.

From a young age through school he showed much potential to become a great cricketing prospect as a much respected all-rounder, later being inducted into the Australian Cricket Academy in Adelaide, South Australia, so much was his potential Queensland and South Australia sought after his services extensively with the latter being the more successful. He debuted with the Redbacks in the 1988/89 season.

Scuderi was a regular face amongst the South Australian first-class team from 1988 until 2001, when he joined the Italian national cricket team (he is of Italian heritage). His class above the rest of the team was apparent for a developing cricket nation, and as their inspirational captain, he has helped a steady rise in Italian cricket, similar to John Davison in Canada.

Joe now lives in Lancashire in the UK and is the professional at Ribblesdale Wanderers CC[1].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Scuderi

nsd3
June 30, 2010, 08:55 PM
What's the Board doing since organizing the DPL? Are we not forgetting BCB while rating National Team and Siddons on their performance?

Siddons did good. It will just get faded if BD continues to do the same as they did in the last few matches (incl End tour). If he can't make it happen ASAP he'll obviously need some help. Sacking won't be good for Bangladesh Team now. He'd rather need help, so feel free to think how he can get help.

It's good to see action being taken by BCB.

bujhee kom
June 30, 2010, 08:58 PM
Joe Scuderi of AUST/UK/ITALY !
Kingsgrove Sports Centre Customer of the Week

1. Name - Joe Scuderi

2. Date of Birth - 24/12/68

3. Place of Birth - Ingham, Queensland, Australia

4. Current Location - Nelson, Lancashire, U.K

5. Who do you play cricket for - Nelson and Italy

6. In what capacity - Nelson / player - Allrounder. Italy / Captain / Coach

7. Best Cricket feats - 125 not out South Aust vs West Aust. 6 for 6 vs West Aust. 110 and 10 wickets in same match vs NSW.

8. Greatest Cricket moment / memory - Making first class debut and having a career through cricket.

9. Tell us little about your cricket history - Played all representitive teams through juniors. Aust. cricket academy 1988/89. First class debut 1989. Professional nelson, Lancs. league 1991 through to 96. Colne, Lancs. league 98/99. Lancashire squad 2000/2001. Nelson again 2002/2003. Italy 1998 to present.

10. Favorite Teams - Sydney Roosters (Rugby League)

11. Favorite Players - Kevin Hastings (Sydney Roosters 1975-1990 approx) Jeff Thomson, Kim Hughes.

12. Favorite Commentator - Richie Benuad

13. Favorite Cricketing Publication - Any

14. Favorite Cricketing Website - S.A.C.A.

15. Favorite Cricketing Brand - Kookaburra

16. Tell us about the best bat you've ever had - Kookaburra Bubble when first came out about 1992. It was a beauty.

17. Tell us a little about the cricket competition/s you play in - The famous Lancashire League

18. What ideas would you propose to improve the game of cricket - Keep the colour and the spectacle in one day cricket.

19. What are your thoughts on the sledging issue - As long as its not personal and the person giving it has some cricket ability.

20. Who do you rate as being the best in the last 20 years -
Batsman - Allan Border
Bowler - Shane Warne
WK - Ian Healy
Allrounder - Wasim Akram

21. Have you ever had professional cricket coaching - Yes, always been able to get help from various people.

22. What is the best tip you've had or given - Bowl straight, play straight.

23. What is your most treasured cricketing item - Signed bat from Sir Don Bradman. My first clas representitive shirts and caps from South Australia, Lancashire and Prime Ministers XI.

24. Is there are song you love that you relate to cricket - Howzat by Sherbert

25. Best Cricket Video you've seen - Don't watch them

26. Best Cricket Book you've read - Hookesy

27. Best Cricket After dinner speaker you've seen - Seen a few. They all have their moments.

28. Best / Nicest cricketer you've met - Muttiah Murilitharan. Just a great friendly bloke who absolutely loves the game of cricket.

29. What other interests do you have outside of cricket - Music, playing drums in my band SHYSTER. Collecting KISS merchandise (the greatest rock band in the world).

30. How did you come across Kingsgrove Sports Centre - As a cricketer always known you existed.

31. Your Final say - Cricket has enabled me to travel and make friends from all over the world and live the life I have. It's been very good to me. It's a way of life.

http://www.kingsgrovesports.com.au/go/Customer-of-the-Month/Past-Customers-of-the-Month/Joe-Scuderi-of-AUST-UK-ITALY-!

bujhee kom
June 30, 2010, 09:03 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/inline/content/image/7584.html?alt=player http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/DB/102001/031058.jpg
Joe Scuderi
Australia

Full name Joseph Charles Scuderi
Born December 24, 1968, Ingham, Queensland
Current age 41 years 189 days
Major teams Italy, Lancashire, South Australia
Batting style Right-hand bat
Bowling style Right-arm fast-medium
Relation Brother - SJ Scuderi

Batting and fielding averages Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave 100 50 Ct St
First-class 82 130 18 3372 125* 30.10 3 17 26 0
List A 64 50 12 893 73* 23.50 0 5 9 0
Bowling averages Mat Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10
First-class 82 13190 6073 179 7/79 33.92 2.76 73.6 8 1
List A 64 2501 1948 50 3/28 3/28 38.96 4.67 50.0 0 0 0
Career statistics First-class span 1988/89 - 2001
List A span 1988/89 - 2001

Of Italian heritage, Joe Scuderi was born and raised in Queensland and seemed destined for a successful career as an all-rounder from as early as his school cricketing days. The extent of his potential was first reflected on a national scale with selection as an inductee of the Australian Cricket Academy in Adelaide in 1988; so promising did he in fact look at that time that his services duly became the subject of an intense bidding war between Queensland and South Australia in the lead-up to his first class debut (which was ultimately made with the latter) in 1988-89. From that point onward, though, such promise sadly remained substantially unfulfilled. Over the next four seasons, he was a reasonably regular member of South Australia's Sheffield Shield team and was a handy contributor, consistently averaging at close to thirty with both bat and ball. Frustratingly, though, the combination of his very correct technique with the bat and his combative medium pace never took him to the heights that were once imagined. He did string together seven matches in 1996-97 but, aside from that, played a bare six first class matches for the Redbacks beyond the 1992-93. It is a statistic that is instructive of his decline. Instead, Scuderi has since had to limit his horizons to Italy's national team and to the odd appearance for Lancashire at English domestic level around some league cricket in that county.
John Polack

http://www.cricinfo.com/australia/content/player/7585.html

Rifat
June 30, 2010, 09:03 PM
now get ready to see some personal achievement from our bowlers.:-D
just kidding,
wish him & our bowlers good luck.

well,

Personal Achivement from bowler +batsmen on the same day = Bangladesh high likelihood of victory :D ;)

Tiger444
June 30, 2010, 09:47 PM
This is a great great news..its good that Siddons has gotten this guy in our team now..wonder why he couldn't get him earlier? Hopefully he can properly coach these seamers up to get their full potential..hopefully by the WC we will have a solid pace trio..

Abid_Khan
June 30, 2010, 10:09 PM
^ Well he is a temporary bowling coach.. I dunno if he'll be here till the WC

kalpurush
June 30, 2010, 10:14 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/inline/content/image/7584.html?alt=player http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/DB/102001/031058.jpg
Joe Scuderi
Australia

Full name Joseph Charles Scuderi
Born December 24, 1968, Ingham, Queensland
Current age 41 years 189 days
Major teams Italy, Lancashire, South Australia
Batting style Right-hand bat
Bowling style Right-arm fast-medium
Relation Brother - SJ Scuderi

Batting and fielding averages Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave 100 50 Ct St
First-class 82 130 18 3372 125* 30.10 3 17 26 0
List A 64 50 12 893 73* 23.50 0 5 9 0
Bowling averages Mat Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10
First-class 82 13190 6073 179 7/79 33.92 2.76 73.6 8 1
List A 64 2501 1948 50 3/28 3/28 38.96 4.67 50.0 0 0 0
Career statistics First-class span 1988/89 - 2001
List A span 1988/89 - 2001

Of Italian heritage, Joe Scuderi was born and raised in Queensland and seemed destined for a successful career as an all-rounder from as early as his school cricketing days. The extent of his potential was first reflected on a national scale with selection as an inductee of the Australian Cricket Academy in Adelaide in 1988; so promising did he in fact look at that time that his services duly became the subject of an intense bidding war between Queensland and South Australia in the lead-up to his first class debut (which was ultimately made with the latter) in 1988-89. From that point onward, though, such promise sadly remained substantially unfulfilled. Over the next four seasons, he was a reasonably regular member of South Australia's Sheffield Shield team and was a handy contributor, consistently averaging at close to thirty with both bat and ball. Frustratingly, though, the combination of his very correct technique with the bat and his combative medium pace never took him to the heights that were once imagined. He did string together seven matches in 1996-97 but, aside from that, played a bare six first class matches for the Redbacks beyond the 1992-93. It is a statistic that is instructive of his decline. Instead, Scuderi has since had to limit his horizons to Italy's national team and to the odd appearance for Lancashire at English domestic level around some league cricket in that county.
John Polack

http://www.cricinfo.com/australia/content/player/7585.html
Many thanks Javed for the info. Looks promising. :)

kalpurush
June 30, 2010, 10:15 PM
Good move. Have to wait if the result would be fruitful or not! :)

Tiger444
June 30, 2010, 10:22 PM

I think he'll be there though..even though he's just listed as temporary..

Dilscoop
June 30, 2010, 10:51 PM
Many thanks Javed for the info. Looks promising. :)
It's Miraz he posted the link. You should thank Miraz. B.Kom just copied and pasted the info, for no reason. :D

billah
June 30, 2010, 11:09 PM
Relatively young guy. Yet another coach that never broke in to the top level of the game as a player.

Looks to me a JS pick.

al-Sagar
July 1, 2010, 01:24 AM
actually how many of the great players turns up to be great coaches ???? very few.

normally those who have unsuccessful careers become better coaches.

OK we now have teachers for our students.

now the final output depends on
--- what teachers is teaching, i.e is the teacher good enough
--- what the students are learning, i.e is the students good enough

the future will tell us

wishing for the best

magic boy
July 1, 2010, 01:53 AM
I wonder who is in BCB actually making such quick decisions to pick first Ganguly and now unknown temporary bowling coach!

Siddons friend...getting favor. hasn't got professionally working experience with test playing nation like Siddions got from working with Australia.

Question in mind:

Can he develop our bowling in subcontinent wicket knowing the limitations of our bowlers?

firstlane
July 1, 2010, 02:44 AM
well,

Personal Achivement from bowler +batsmen on the same day = Bangladesh high likelihood of victory :D ;)

With collective achievement in fielding :-D

firstlane
July 1, 2010, 03:36 AM
Relatively young guy. Yet another coach that never broke in to the top level of the game as a player.

Yes I think he would be better as a coach for the grade teams who need someone to teach them great basics. For the national team the ideal bowling coach should be someone who played/coached internationally and hence knows about different conditions.

I think it mostly depends on how our bowlers do in UK tour.

22. What is the best tip you've had or given - Bowl straight, play straight.

Reminds me of great Mohshin Kamal's famous words "Sidha Khelo"!!!

seems like a low profile coach. I don't expect anything from him except paying a high salary which will be wasted.
We are good at it. Remember Trevor Chapel and Mohshin Kamal? Besides where would BCB get the money to hire a high profile coach? BCB has to pay for Loitta & his gang's overseas trip.

Antora
July 1, 2010, 03:51 AM
errr...Awesome :|

M.H.Rubel
July 1, 2010, 05:29 AM
Now we have got a bowling coach who is well known to JS.I hope both of them will work in collaboration and this guy will be able to teach Siddons that in ODI we need to play with 5 full time bowlers.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

lamisa
July 1, 2010, 05:48 AM
lets hope for the best.i really don't have any opinion as yet,let's wait for the matches before reaching any conclusions about him.

simon
July 1, 2010, 06:18 AM
if he can only teach our bowlers how to consistently bowl in right areas,not conceeding 4s in every over,that would make a big change.

auntu
July 1, 2010, 08:18 AM
I think players who are rated as very talented but couldn't perform according to his merit can turned to very effective coach. Joseph fits in this group. Let's see what sort of changes he can bring in for our pacers.

Tiger444
July 1, 2010, 08:28 AM
I can't believe all these comments on great players needing to be good coaches..everywhere you see a lot of coaches were pro athletes even and still were good coaches..how do people think this? Do you guys not play sports? If great players are all great coaches then why isn't Brian Lara coaching?

Kabir
July 1, 2010, 08:36 AM
What happened to him? Shahadat Hossain answers: "He ruined me by changing my bowling action". I said this in some other thread, when we fans think something would be best for our boys and out cricket, it turns out to be total opposite. So considering that, I hope this guy does something magical. No jinx (knock on wood)

Yeah, so lets all stop discussing cricket, close down BanglaCricket, and go to hell. Right?

How about having Shahadat explain what exactly in the change in bowling action that ruined him? A coach is there to train you, and it totally sucks if a player comes back and says "he's ruining me". It's like that famous quote - "I was born smart...education ruined me".

Zeeshan
July 1, 2010, 08:41 AM
Yeah, so lets all stop discussing cricket, close down BanglaCricket, and go to hell. Right?

How about having Shahadat explain what exactly in the change in bowling action that ruined him? A coach is there to train you, and it totally sucks if a player comes back and says "he's ruining me". It's like that famous quote - "I was born smart...education ruined me".

What's wrong with that?

Some Buddhists and Taoists sage do believe that. Heck I believe that too. Hence in many ways:

Wisdom >> Intelligence

The latter being byproduct of education.

al-Sagar
July 1, 2010, 09:41 AM
I think players who are rated as very talented but couldn't perform according to his merit can turned to very effective coach. Joseph fits in this group. Let's see what sort of changes he can bring in for our pacers.

in that case BD will have lots of effective coaches soon.......

md. asheaful, al shahriar, alamgir kabir ...... we have a very big list of players who are rated as very talented but couldn't perform according to his merit

beshideshi
July 1, 2010, 09:54 AM
. What happened to him? Shahadat Hossain answers: "He ruined me by changing my bowling action". I said this in some other thread, when we fans think something would be best for our boys and out cricket, it turns out to be total opposite. So considering that, I hope this guy does something magical. No jinx (knock on wood)

apologies, but I just had to poke my nose here. As far as I know, Shahadat managed to come up with new excuses every time he failed. one of the excuses was his bowling action tweak, and when Champaka was asked about it, he said he just suggested Shahadat to shift his wrist position a bit, thats it. Go have a look at the recent Eng-BD test at lords/OT. Even the commentators were saying how the ball was coming out of the side of the hand rather than the front, resulting in a scrambled seam and disabling him to extract proper seam movement. If an attempt to keep the seam straight was the coach's fault than lets make him pay a fine.
Also, Shahadat smokes A LOT. anyone who knows him will tell you that. Don't know whether he has changed recently, but everyone knows smoking harms your stamina, speed, agility some of the basic elements of good fast bowling. Players who are destroying their own career must learn to take the blame and stop putting the blame on the coach.

Zeeshan
July 1, 2010, 10:29 AM
Also, Shahadat smokes A LOT. anyone who knows him will tell you that. Don't know whether he has changed recently, but everyone knows smoking harms your stamina, speed, agility some of the basic elements of good fast bowling. Players who are destroying their own career must learn to take the blame and stop putting the blame on the coach.

"LOT" is not the problem. Problem is not smoking enough of the right stuff.

Tiger444
July 1, 2010, 11:24 AM
"LOT" is not the problem. Problem is not smoking enough of the right stuff.

hahahhaha..ooo zeeshan you are the man!!

auntu
July 1, 2010, 01:18 PM
in that case BD will have lots of effective coaches soon.......

md. asheaful, al shahriar, alamgir kabir ...... we have a very big list of players who are rated as very talented but couldn't perform according to his merit
Yes, just when I was writing that line, Ashraful's name came in to my mind first. But I don't think he can be a good coach either. It seems to me that, he has problem with communicating with others properly. Probably I'm not right but this is just my personal feelings. Or you can say he can't explain things clearly.

Sorry for being off topic.

Purbasha T
July 1, 2010, 01:53 PM
So that Scuderi is THE kandari? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

bujhee kom
July 1, 2010, 01:56 PM
A welcoming salaam to Scuderi on the green soil of Bengal-Bangladesh!!
Coach, please teach/show us how to bowl the balls/bails/middle stumps etc. off the opposition batsmen....seriously...

Kabir
July 1, 2010, 06:10 PM
What's wrong with that?

Some Buddhists and Taoists sage do believe that. Heck I believe that too. Hence in many ways:

Wisdom >> Intelligence

The latter being byproduct of education.

That's an old argument. Kinda cliche, IMHO.

Tigers_eye
July 1, 2010, 10:13 PM
The appointment was made by BCB. Same was done on Ganguly. Jamie as a head coach had no input for Champaka as well. Hatred brewing is unnecessary!! Let the guy work on the bowlers first. We all know it takes minimum of 6 months to have any impact on any bowler. We don't have any Aamer in our ranks.

lamisa
July 2, 2010, 04:12 AM
apologies, but I just had to poke my nose here. As far as I know, Shahadat managed to come up with new excuses every time he failed. one of the excuses was his bowling action tweak, and when Champaka was asked about it, he said he just suggested Shahadat to shift his wrist position a bit, thats it. Go have a look at the recent Eng-BD test at lords/OT. Even the commentators were saying how the ball was coming out of the side of the hand rather than the front, resulting in a scrambled seam and disabling him to extract proper seam movement. If an attempt to keep the seam straight was the coach's fault than lets make him pay a fine.

smokes what?

BANFAN
July 2, 2010, 06:58 AM
The appointment was made by BCB. Same was done on Ganguly. Jamie as a head coach had no input for Champaka as well. Hatred brewing is unnecessary!! Let the guy work on the bowlers first. We all know it takes minimum of 6 months to have any impact on any bowler. We don't have any Aamer in our ranks.

Is it some conspiracy theory TE or there is some basis? Is there really any hatred brewing dew to this? I find they are in love.

If If If there is hatred, it could have been from blaming BCB in public for Lack of infrastructure, facilities and calling them fools as they wanted BD to win under his coaching. And not to talk about all his stupid policies which didnt work. More over, everytime he blames the players in public for losing, the temp of BCB also increases by afew degree along with the fans.

And how we know if BCB hasn't taken his consent for all these additional coaches and advisers?

Tigers_eye
July 2, 2010, 07:30 AM

And how we know if BCB hasn't taken his consent for all these additional coaches and advisers?
It is only natural that BCB take consent from the head coach who would work under him. That dosen't mean he has appointed the temporary assistant coach. Trying to find Nepotism here is a sad mentality. At the end of the day it is BCB who is signing the paychecks of these temporary assistant coaches/advisers.

lamisa
July 3, 2010, 04:53 AM
well,siddons finally gets a bowling coach AND this guy is his buddy.eibar dekhi amader playerra kemon khele ar jodi kharap khele,tahole JS ebar kake dosharop kore?

max410
July 4, 2010, 12:11 AM
hey no use blaming coaches we are not performing well as a team so why blame coaches if the players make mistakes
its not fair to blame selectors and coaches the players need to perform well with consistency ,
if they win one match and loose 20 in a embarrassing way then i guess anybody in BD can play for national team, if that's so i can also perform well in one match and worse in 20 whats the difference between professional players and amateurs in BD then .The selector choose the good players they need to perform well

BANFAN
July 4, 2010, 01:18 AM
Joseph Charles "Joe" Scuderi (24 December 1968 in Ingham, Queensland, Australia) is a professional cricketer.

From a young age through school he showed much potential to become a great cricketing prospect as a much respected all-rounder, later being inducted into the Australian Cricket Academy in Adelaide, South Australia, so much was his potential Queensland and South Australia sought after his services extensively with the latter being the more successful. He debuted with the Redbacks in the 1988/89 season.

Scuderi was a regular face amongst the South Australian first-class team from 1988 until 2001, when he joined the Italian national cricket team (he is of Italian heritage). His class above the rest of the team was apparent for a developing cricket nation, and as their inspirational captain, he has helped a steady rise in Italian cricket, similar to John Davison in Canada.

Joe now lives in Lancashire in the UK and is the professional at Ribblesdale Wanderers CC[1].

If he is the guy, I don't see anything great about him and I don't think he has anything to offer to us. We need some advanced skills in our bowlers. He clearly doesnt have that. A bad coach can only wear out your bowlers by over exercise and overdisciplining, that's what unskilled coaches can do. Just like our JS, his first step was team rule ... result is in front of us.

We don;t need to hire all police men, we need people with skills.

Career As a Player (http://www.play-cricket.com/profile/statistics.asp?id=10270477)

I don't see anything great with him. If he is the guy

Ajfar
July 4, 2010, 01:30 AM
^^ The guy hasn't even started coaching us yet. You wanna wait at least a series or two before jumping on the guy's head? If you wanna jump BCB's head for hiring him i'm ok with that. But i'm not sure who you are jumping on from your post.

BANFAN
July 4, 2010, 02:01 AM
^^ The guy hasn't even started coaching us yet. You wanna wait at least a series or two before jumping on the guy's head? If you wanna jump BCB's head for hiring him i'm ok with that. But i'm not sure who you are jumping on from your post.

You are ready to jump on BCBs head without any issue. Since coach is the current issue, if he looks to be a prospective one or not, you have to establish that first to jump on BCBs head (Looks like Your hobby). And the thread is meant for discussing the coach ... you are too inteligent to understand that, i guess.

In your opinion as I understand, get anyone with Aus citizenship to coach, don't even try to understand what is his ability, analyze him after ruining the team, is that what you mean? He may be good but I don't see anything to suggest that. His biggest success is coaching Ita team. Does it make him a good bowling coach? Instead of being so blind, if you see some thing so positive about him, why don't you say it? Lets also fall in love.

Ajfar
July 4, 2010, 10:13 AM
^^ ok seriously?? You got way too many assumptions going on your posts. Show me one post that I made in this thread saying He is going to be a great coach or he is a great choice. I didnt even criticize BCB on hiring him. And here you are going on and on about Aus citizenship. You dont know me nor do you know my opinion on this matter because i havent posted it. All I said was dont jump on the guy yet I didnt say the guy will be great or is great. You didnt agree with it fine. But no offcourse you had to get all personal question my intelligence and make up other stuff along the way.

revolver
July 4, 2010, 10:33 AM
smokes tobbaco

nahaz
July 7, 2010, 09:44 AM
Why are some of you dissing this guy when he hasn't even worked for a week? Judging him based on how many internationals he played is naive at best. Siddons was a good batting coach for aussies, whatmore was a great sri lankan coach. Bob Woolmer was a great coach despite not beinga star player. Trevor chappel was much better than all three as player (by your assumptions, since he played tests) but yet he totally failed as coach. There's no guarantee or reason Wasim Akram or Allan Donald will do any better than this guy. Anyone playing at Aussie state level and being player of the year would know about as much about cricket as most players in Aussie national team. We should wait and see...bowlers haven't done badly so far..
I want him to do the whole series and maybe couple of months more b4 we judge him...got a feeling he'll be more better than Champaka.

imtiaz82
July 10, 2010, 01:22 PM
Looks like our bowling has already improved considerably..!

Nadim
July 10, 2010, 01:24 PM
he will get the job permantly it seems...

Ajfar
July 10, 2010, 01:41 PM
well its just one match and he just started working. we don't even know if he had any full session training with them yet. lets wait till the entire tour is over.

al-Sagar
July 10, 2010, 02:02 PM
he will get the credit, no doubt

shakibrulz
July 10, 2010, 02:03 PM
:bravo: Scuderi! Full credits to him!

magic boy
July 10, 2010, 02:05 PM
I guess he worked as tonic of right motivating bowling coach in this match...keep it up:up:

mij
July 10, 2010, 02:33 PM
Makesure he keeps it up.

FaHiMa
July 10, 2010, 03:08 PM

:up: thank you Scuderi ! Please do keep it up ! :)

auntu
July 10, 2010, 04:50 PM
[বাংলা]স্কুডেরি পোলাটা ভালোই খেলা দেখাইলো।
নাহ! ছোকড়ার এলেম আছে মানতেই হয়। [/বাংলা]