PDA

View Full Version : Siddons must go if we lose against the Associates

Pages : 1 2 [3]

MohammedC
October 18, 2010, 12:59 PM
Siddons: Not to worry Ash there is some left over cake for you in the kitchen. Just ask the kajer bua.

roman
October 18, 2010, 01:15 PM
Siddons: Not to worry Ash there is some left over cake for you in the kitchen. Just ask the kajer bua.

lmao lol lmao :floor::floor::floor:

alibangali
October 18, 2010, 01:27 PM
These pictures are hilarious with a bit of an imagination. Thanks MohammedC for sharing them.

M.H.Rubel
October 18, 2010, 01:28 PM
I have an observation regarding Buchanan and our beloved JS. Actually they are very good teachers, you just need to do the opposite of what they say, because they always mean the opposite. Examples?

1) JS: Our bowlers are crap. Reality: bowlers win matches.
2) JS: We should focus on personal improvement rather on the team. We can not win anyway. Reality: Personal improvements do not add up every match. Team effort win matches.
3) JS: score 240. Reality: We score 290 and lose the match. We score 174 and still can win the match.
4) JS: Power play - when to take? Do not let it destroy your focus. Reality: It is supposed to be an advantage for the batting side.
5) Buchanan: (appointed as ECB consultant) KP is crap. Reality: KP is the player that the Aussies fear the most.

Excellent stuff man.I was amazed when i was reading the full post.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

MohammedC
October 18, 2010, 01:57 PM
Siddons thumi jaiba koi.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4106/5093083143_fb9f42a757.jpg

Pic from Bangladeshnews24

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4087/5093814149_7019998319.jpg

Pont: Loitta said all this you did not say anything. Jamie you are a chicken....

riankhan
October 18, 2010, 02:19 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4087/5093814149_7019998319.jpg

Pont: Loitta said all this you did not say anything. Jamie you are a chicken....

The best one Mo.... :lol:

cricket_pagol
October 18, 2010, 02:32 PM
I just posted this on the match thread; it was meant to be here. Sorry !

This will be my only post here. Just back from Dhaka last night having seen us go up 3 - 0 on Thursday.

Many people here have unfairly made ill-informed comments on Siddons. If losing two ODI's to associates is a dismissable offence then winning 4 - 0 against a top 8 side [ no.2 at the beginning of the year ] must at least erase that.

The feeling and hostility shown to him was unfair but typical of many here who gets on a high horse [ more like a donkey ] but cannot get off it gracefully.

Siddons may not be a great coach. But certainly the best we have ever had. In every conceivable way we have the best stats today than ever before ; team or individual.

Certainly under no one else did we reach the #8 rank before in ODI. The overall performance in England in tests were miles better than here in 2005 !

He has shown humility and kept quite under criticism. His detractors should have equal humility and, for once, just may concede that they were ever so slightly wrong. Perhaps that is too much to ask !

Thank you, JS ! [ from someone who has followed cricket closely for almost 50 years ! ]

100% argee with this.

I also think we are giving too much credit to the bowling coach at the moment, he was just present for two weeks. The players and other coaches have been working at the training camp, obviously that had something to contribute as well. I love our new bowling coach, but I am not ready to give him all the credit.

Our fielding has been remarkable, the fielding coach made a big difference.

Tiger-ess
October 18, 2010, 03:56 PM
http://www.banglanews24.com.bd/photogallery.php?photoserial=3334&page=2

Heh! $mahmud wearing Freemason/Illuminati/Sataninc/whatever you call it T-shirt!!:timeout:

MohammedC
October 18, 2010, 03:58 PM

Heh! $mahmud wearing Freemason/Illuminati/Sataninc/whatever you call it T-shirt!!:timeout:

Cant see the picture. You need to use photo bucket or flickr to upload a image on a forum

Tiger-ess
October 18, 2010, 04:05 PM
Cant see the picture. You need to use photo bucket or flickr to upload a image on a forum

Mo Bhai its from the link you gave....hold on.....

you see it now?

BANFAN
October 19, 2010, 06:45 AM
you can't have it both ways. You can't say oh JS worked with these guys and they went down the drain, but he also worked with Tamim and Shakib but they didn't listen to them so became better batsman. See that right there is pure BS. either they all took advice from JS or none of them took advice from JS. see if we go by your logic than you can't really blame JS can you, I mean if Tamim and Shakib didn't take JS advice than so didn't the rest of the guys and they made themselves go down the drain.

LookI don't like to argue for the sake of it. I made my point and you tried to make your. But just to show that how you are either not getting my point or making false argument.

My friend I'm having it all in one way, it's you who is trying to have it both way. My point is simple; whoever listened to him (Ash, JS, ROK, Nayeem, Mullah, Mushy etc) are going down the drain and whoever didn't listen to him (TIK & Shakib) have improved in batting. How do you find it both way?

How you are trying to have it both way. TIK & Shak were & are doing pretty much the same things (Technically) that they were doing before JS. They became more consistent by themselves and persisting the same way even if their technique was flawed. Now show me where is JS contribution in that? If JS was a good batting coach, that should have been reflected in the other category guys performances who listened to JS more than these two. Do you find these other guys improving? I find most of them going down than their initial performances without JS or in JS's initial times. But you aren't talking about the performances of these guys and just giving a free ride on Shak & TIK. That's unfair.

Yes, we have won and as a coach, even if he had nothing to do, will get the credit, but the situation/stats don't permit/support you to single him out for improvement in batting. We haven't seen anything in this series to conclude that we have had improvement in our batting. So please, we haven't opened a siddon's hate thread after the victory, but you have no ground of trying to reverse his position that he was in, after losing to associates. Position of JS is still there, as far as team's batting is concerned.

BANFAN
October 19, 2010, 07:10 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/tri-bdesh2010/engine/match/434260.html

there 296 is that a good enough score for you?

how about this one

http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/match/343761.html

Thank you. Right on the Money.

Ya, that's the tri series; I'm sure sidons wasn't criticized as u claimed for batting in those matches even we lost both. Only thing missing was probably the intent to win and probably poor bowling combination picked by the team management. So please don't take things out of context.

Siddons is incompetent not only in batting, but also in every other aspect of the game as a head coach. You know it all. And I'm sure, you understand, after losing to associates, the players were not waiting for a 'Bani of inspiration' from siddons that we have to win (He himself doesn't Believe That we can win).

Ajfar
October 19, 2010, 08:06 AM
BANFAN bhai im not arguing with you to to prove you JS is the best coach ever. I knw very well where you stand on this issue. So no point arguing there. But when tamim says he is the best batting coach he has seen i will take his word for it. Meaning there is at least something he is learning from JS. But even when you have tamims words its too much you to accept. Until you show me proof meaning tamim himself say im doing my own thing, you are just talking BS.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Zeeshan
October 19, 2010, 08:27 AM
some doodles from last night:

Jamie Siddons: The Philosopher

The man hardly smiles even when his team is doing well. He does not blow the fanfare of optimism before every series against tougher opponents. His strategy to play out overs instead of going for wins against the likes of Pakistan may even make him more stoic than Diogenes. His expression always seems to be that of non-chalance with brows furrowed during matches with utter concentration as if he is engaged in a chess match or as if the games are his experiments, stats his data and he is carrying out a real time thesis for his doctorate.

However, the impact of Jamie Siddons cannot be overlooked. Ever since he joined his mantra has always been to catapult a team with wretched records of occassional victory from Whatmore era to a match winning powerhouse. Yes one doesn't need Rispiradol to figure out Bangladesh has yet to reach that level but people at the same time would be decried as delusional had they dared profess that the team would be promoted to a notch up the hierarchy within years after his arrival. Granted the timing of the West Indies debacle, which paved for the Bangladeshi whitewash -or as the parlance goes 'Banglawash'- could not be any better but to otherwise think that the outcome of the West Indies series would have been a cakewalk on foreign soil ceteris paribus would be to remain at a state of denial.

Going to a country with shoddy domestic infrastructure to spoonfeed the nuts-and-bolts of the game to a team uninitiated to the rudimentary grammar of the game, testimonies from Tamim Iqbal the star centurion at Lord's of Siddons direct hand in changing his techniques to Mohammad Ashraful attesting to Siddons being a brilliant tactician and strategist, consistently maintaining winning streaks when sparring against of the parallel opposition of Zimbabwe, Ireland and second string West Indies to the shimmers of glory starting with New Zealand, Sri Lanka, England and finally the recent showdown all screams out like exhibits proving him not guilty of the villain that some make him out to be.

Critics are bound to scrutiny his wary decisions like the delaying of Powerplay till the 45th over, batsman targetting 240 quota, not hyping team's expectations before series, of having contrasting opinions with captains, loss to the associates and the fact that he sent his troops to play the game until the last over instead of going for the win may even irk his greatest follower. One may even go as far as saying that the impact more had been from the bowling and fielding coach and the recent hiring of sports psychologist. However there sure was method to this madness given the background of the team's record and the overnight success he brought at the eve of the World Cup witnessed from the Bangladeshis thumping a team that bundled out World's No 1 team the other day winning by 200 runs vouches nothing else but his genius.

lamisa
October 19, 2010, 08:49 AM
mohammed bhai,that can't be ash asking for some cake in that picture unless either ash grew a foot or something within a month or taklu shrinked!

mac
October 19, 2010, 09:00 AM
mohammed bhai,that can't be ash asking for some cake in that picture unless either ash grew a foot or something within a month or taklu shrinked!

Taklu is actually sitting on the desk!

BANFAN
October 20, 2010, 12:12 AM
BANFAN bhai im not arguing with you to to prove you JS is the best coach ever. I knw very well where you stand on this issue. So no point arguing there. But when tamim says he is the best batting coach he has seen i will take his word for it. Meaning there is at least something he is learning from JS. But even when you have tamims words its too much you to accept. Until you show me proof meaning tamim himself say im doing my own thing, you are just talking BS.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

I think I missed, when did tamim say "JS is the best batting coach he has seen?" if you can please provide me the ref, i want to see the context of it.

Show me a statement from Indian playing 11 that says, Greg was a bad coach Or, a statement from KKR 11 saying that Buchanan was a bad coach Otherwise, entire India is talking BS ?

I don't mean to have more arguments, I think the positions are clear. If the players show improvement in batting (Not 1/2 guys) I will have no problem to give him the credit even his approaches were negative and completely wrong at times by conventional wisdom of the game. However, I cannot measure his coaching skills with the performance of Shakib/Tamim. I will keep looking at Mullah, Mushy, Nayeem, Rok, Junaid, Shuvo and the other lower order guys.

lamisa
October 20, 2010, 08:09 AM
btw,why was ash invited?he's not in the team.if he can get in,why can't nazimuddin and shuvogoto?

Zunaid
October 20, 2010, 08:18 AM
I think I missed, when did tamim say "JS is the best batting coach he has seen?" if you can please provide me the ref, i want to see the context of it.

Show me a statement from Indian playing 11 that says, Greg was a bad coach Or, a statement from KKR 11 saying that Buchanan was a bad coach Otherwise, entire India is talking BS ?

I don't mean to have more arguments, I think the positions are clear. If the players show improvement in batting (Not 1/2 guys) I will have no problem to give him the credit even his approaches were negative and completely wrong at times by conventional wisdom of the game. However, I cannot measure his coaching skills with the performance of Shakib/Tamim. I will keep looking at Mullah, Mushy, Nayeem, Rok, Junaid, Shuvo and the other lower order guys.

Banfan - Are you an AI bot that generates an anti-JS rant each time someone mentions JS? So reminiscent of Serdar Argic from my usent days. I am no huge fan of JS but this is getting patently ridiculous.

Did you NOT read the interview that 2 (TWO) people quoted and pointed out to you in immediate response to your post about Tamim and JS?

What part of the following was difficult to parse?

If you see him at practice, he's a fantastic batting coach and a brilliant fielding coach as well, the best I've ever seen

I will leave you to find when and where Tamim said this about Siddons.

paagla
October 20, 2010, 11:50 AM
Banfan - Are you an AI bot that generates an anti-JS rant each time someone mentions JS? So reminiscent of Serdar Argic from my usent days. I am no huge fan of JS but this is getting patently ridiculous.

Did you NOT read the interview that 2 (TWO) people quoted and pointed out to you in immediate response to your post about Tamim and JS?

What part of the following was difficult to parse?

I will leave you to find when and where Tamim said this about Siddons.

Zunaid, there is an old saying, "you can teach someone who doesn't have the knowladge, but you can never teach someone who have the knowladge but refuses to accept it".

We have given Banfan all the info and knowladge we can, he/she just refuses it take it.

Still so, here are some facts on the improvement of the batsman so far
Mushy:
Test:
year 2005 1 2 0 22 19 11.00 65 33.84 0 0 0 3 0
year 2006 1 2 0 2 2 1.00 20 10.00 0 0 1 0 0
year 2007 2 4 1 101 80 33.66 259 38.99 0 1 0 12 1
year 2008 9 17 1 357 79 22.31 837 42.65 0 3 2 48 3
year 2009 3 6 0 197 48 32.83 403 48.88 0 0 0 23 1
year 2010 7 14 1 461 101 35.46 1015 45.41 1 2 1 70 3

Oneday:
year 2006 5 2 1 24 18* 24.00 35 68.57 0 0 0 2 0
year 2007 23 20 5 326 57 21.73 626 52.07 0 2 5 21 3
year 2008 12 12 0 185 44 15.41 326 56.74 0 0 0 12 1
year 2009 19 17 4 387 98 29.76 505 76.63 0 2 1 39 3
year 2010 21 20 1 461 86 24.26 644 71.58 0 2 1 31 7

Junaid:
Test:
year 2008 9 17 0 377 74 22.17 863 43.68 0 3 2 52 1
year 2009 3 6 0 149 78 24.83 394 37.81 0 1 0 12 0
year 2010 6 12 0 416 106 34.66 1028 40.46 1 3 0 57 0

Oneday:
year 2007 3 3 0 29 15 9.66 70 41.42 0 0 0 4 0
year 2008 10 10 0 200 85 20.00 397 50.37 0 1 2 18 0
year 2009 16 15 0 259 55 17.26 335 77.31 0 1 3 33 1
year 2010 13 13 0 447 100 34.38 526 84.98 1 2 1 44 3

Hmm, magically this batsman's average and SR improved. Or, perhaps, BANFAN this answers the improvement of the batsman.

Now, regarding the NZ series, it was a bowler domanited series meaning the pitches were not that batting friendly, i mean even NZ batsman's struggled to score.

Beamer
October 20, 2010, 12:01 PM
paagla bhai, change your name! you make sensse..

RazabQ
October 20, 2010, 12:02 PM
Methinks BanFan is gunning for Fazal's position as the biggest-anti-fan-ever! Except Fazal was picking on Mr. Inconsistant while BanFan picks on a guy who is actually doing some good (chicken-hearted PP & team goals notwithstanding). You don't need to be even a serious student of the game to know that at Test matches our batting has gotten miles-better.

RazabQ
October 20, 2010, 12:08 PM
Also BanFan - do you understand cricket technically? Like the mechanics of batting, of altering grips, back-lift, etc? Jamie Siddons was Australia's batting coach when they were kicking *** and taking names. Hussey, Haydos, Clark - all three of them tweaked their technique while under him. Criticize the man for his PP and Team Goal stuff but don't presume to know whether he's a good batting coach or not.

Think about it this way. You've managed to PO two of the more even-keeled senior members here in me and Z-bhai. Maybe just maybe you need a vacation and step away from following cricket on BC.

Zobair
October 20, 2010, 07:25 PM
In addition to Tamim's statement that Dr. Z quoted here is what Shakib has had to say in the past about Jamie:

...Shakib also credited the Bangladesh's recent success to the coach Jamie Siddons, who has been working with the team for two years. "The most important characteristic in him is his positive attitude towards everything," he said. "Jamie is very good at extracting the best in a player. In my case, my batting has improved so much because of him."

Source:
http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/c...ry/433652.html (http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/433652.html)

Rifat
October 20, 2010, 09:45 PM
well, the players are far more closer to the coach than us fans.
so their testimony about the coach >>>>>>>>fans "well articulated opinion" about the coach

thank you guys for shedding more light on this issue :)

although we really need to resolve a few other isssues and there is always room for improvement :)(Regardless of results!)
is it really the coaches fault when the players are out of form?

godzilla
October 20, 2010, 10:07 PM
And Tamim may be generous to acknowledge his advice, in reality he has never followed his coaching policies and that made him successful, same goes with Shakib.

You know that's not correct. I wish i could pull of that article where he states that Siddon told him to make stance whider (legs more apart when getting ready to bat) so that it get's easier to play the fast bowlers. From then on he started to face the fast bowlers without much problem (i.e he comes less down the track to hit them). Not to mention I tried this strategy out myself and let me tell you it did wonders!!!! I am sure Siddon is trying; if players like Shak is talling that Siddon helped him improve his batting well then you just gotta believe. He knows more then both of us on this!

shakibrulz
October 20, 2010, 10:20 PM
In addition to Tamim's statement that Dr. Z quoted here is what Shakib has had to say in the past about Jamie:

...Shakib also credited the Bangladesh's recent success to the coach Jamie Siddons, who has been working with the team for two years. "The most important characteristic in him is his positive attitude towards everything," he said. "Jamie is very good at extracting the best in a player. In my case, my batting has improved so much because of him."

Source:
http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/c...ry/433652.html (http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/433652.html)
a. Writers are paid by Jamie siddons to insert random praises about him in articles
b. Zobair hacked cricinfo and added that line right now

:down:

max410
October 21, 2010, 01:00 AM
Jaime will help the player to learn but the player should learn as much as they can when eh is around

aniksh1
October 21, 2010, 01:05 AM
Like I said in another thread guys he was an assistant batting coach for Aus for 07 WC...he is no joke....

Zobair
October 21, 2010, 08:08 PM
Dude! I told you that in confidence :doh::)

a. Writers are paid by Jamie siddons to insert random praises about him in articles
b. Zobair hacked cricinfo and added that line right now

:down:

tiger_omar
October 21, 2010, 10:39 PM
Methinks BanFan is gunning for Fazal's position as the biggest-anti-fan-ever! Except Fazal was picking on Mr. Inconsistant while BanFan picks on a guy who is actually doing some good (chicken-hearted PP & team goals notwithstanding). You don't need to be even a serious student of the game to know that at Test matches our batting has gotten miles-better.

Also BanFan - do you understand cricket technically? Like the mechanics of batting, of altering grips, back-lift, etc? Jamie Siddons was Australia's batting coach when they were kicking *** and taking names. Hussey, Haydos, Clark - all three of them tweaked their technique while under him. Criticize the man for his PP and Team Goal stuff but don't presume to know whether he's a good batting coach or not.

Think about it this way. You've managed to PO two of the more even-keeled senior members here in me and Z-bhai. Maybe just maybe you need a vacation and step away from following cricket on BC.

Good posts. Thank you for bringing that up. I tried to reason with him a couple of times during our match threads and couple of other ones, but I found it useless with a person that stubborn. Hopefully after we all speak on this subject, he'll stop being such a 'hater' and learn to accept Siddons for what he is, a pretty good batting coach still lacking great managerial skills.

SS
October 22, 2010, 03:20 PM
There is no doubt about his standard and techniques...which helped us definitely in some form...though its upto the player to apply it...now it seems that they are learning but very slowly still there are few underperformers especially in the top and middle order who can not use the head to score runs and command in the game. Can coach identify them? May be...Is his plan working for the under achievers? Not to that extent that will make us a winning team...When players are not meeting expectations, coach can not improve those players...can selection and management do anything about it? Though drastic change is not welcome but playing with non performers and under achievers all the time by just shuffling their batting order won't help us in WC. We need players who will perform and achieve to their potentials, go beyond, set example and guide from front...selection committe needs to be non biased and also coach needs to change his vision and expectations with the team...we have 2-3 batsmen who are in that category...we need 2-3 more can the coach find them and use them appropriately...he has that moment right now..its time for him to do something extraordinary