PDA

View Full Version : BCB thinking of temporary fielding coach

Tanvir703
July 6, 2010, 09:18 AM
BCB is thinking of placing the legend Jonty Rhodes as a temporary fielding coach. According to NTV news, they already spoke to him about coaching the BD team for 2 weeks and if it works, he might become the permanent fielding coach of BD. Same goes for the Australian bowling coach helping us in England at the moment.

Good to see BCB finally using the money for the benefit of the team. :)

Nadim
July 6, 2010, 09:22 AM
Go BCB. It will be awesome if you can get J. Rhodes:fanflag:

Nadim
July 6, 2010, 09:30 AM
Read the last paragraph.It says it there.

http://bangladesherkhela.com/index.php?newsID=18045&pageTitle=details&editionID=1064

magic boy
July 6, 2010, 09:32 AM
until I see really really good fielding from the boys no welcoming word from me

Dilscoop
July 6, 2010, 09:33 AM
They already spoke to him about coaching the BD team for 2 weeks and if it works, he might become the permanent fielding coach of BD. Same goes for the Australian bowling coach helping us in England at the moment.
How can it not work! It's Jonty Rhodes! The only reason it might not work if he doesn't wanna be permanent, so he wouldn't do a good job on purpose.

And they should think about getting a real bowling coach! We all sow what Champa did. And he actually had coaching experience! This new guy is even worse!

bujhee kom
July 6, 2010, 10:16 AM
Jonty Rhodes? Will it really happen? If it does wonderful and good work by BCB.

beshideshi
July 6, 2010, 10:49 AM
And they should think about getting a real bowling coach! We all sow what Champa did. And he actually had coaching experience! This new guy is even worse!

Yes indeed, the new coach is rubbish. We should rather donate the money invested in him to the Namibian cricket council, they can probably hire an army of coaches with that kind of money. We have seen Scuderi for 3-4 days and that is way more than sufficient to make a call on him. Let's make sure Scuderi doesn't come near the team ever, and also let's try to ensure Scuderi doesn't even watch/follow/read anything related to Bangladesh cricket.

Dilscoop
July 6, 2010, 10:56 AM
I don't know if he is good or bad, I just don't want him. When was the last time we had a good bowling coach? Exactly never! Enough with this jora-tali

lamisa
July 6, 2010, 10:57 AM
thank God bcb finally grew some brains!the only possible logical explaination that i can come up with is that loitta realised that he can marafy a lot of money from ACC so he finally gelt some pity for bd cricket and decided to use OUR money for some good cause:)

rinathq
July 6, 2010, 11:17 AM
great news!!!! i wonder whats BCB upto :)

Farhad
July 6, 2010, 11:24 AM
Woah.... Jonty Rhodes is unquestionably the best fielder of all time. I'm a little surprised he would agree to something like this. Great news!

I'm not sure theres all that much to learn in fielding though. Its more athleticism than anything else. You either have it or you don't. Hope I'm proved wrong...

Tiger Manc
July 6, 2010, 11:56 AM
Wow. What's happening to BCB. All of a sudden they're splashing their cash on quality coaches. All they need now is to get Allan Donald as our bowling coach. BCB finally using their brains, hopefully it pays off during the3 world cup.

ahnaf
July 6, 2010, 12:04 PM
Yes indeed, the new coach is rubbish. We should rather donate the money invested in him to the Namibian cricket council, they can probably hire an army of coaches with that kind of money. We have seen Scuderi for 3-4 days and that is way more than sufficient to make a call on him. Let's make sure Scuderi doesn't come near the team ever, and also let's try to ensure Scuderi doesn't even watch/follow/read anything related to Bangladesh cricket.

how you can tell that??? What the reason??? Where u have saw him??? Strange.. Really strange..

ahnaf
July 6, 2010, 12:10 PM
Read the last paragraph.It says it there.

http://bangladesherkhela.com/index.php?newsID=18045&pageTitle=details&editionID=1064

oi miah.. Kichui to bujhi nah.. Akon porjonto to shobkhane bangla porte problem hoy nai bt akhane hyteche ken nadim vai?

bujhee kom
July 6, 2010, 12:21 PM
^^Congratsa Ahnaf dada on being a Club cricketer and 100th post!!!

Dhruvo
July 6, 2010, 12:29 PM
Thats great news!

ahnaf
July 6, 2010, 12:40 PM
^^Congratsa Ahnaf dada on being a Club cricketer and 100th post!!!

kow ki dada! Ami century maira dilam!!:p kheyal kori nai.. Thank u zaved vai..

BanCricFan
July 6, 2010, 12:40 PM
Good move but I'm afraid our cricketers are about 15 years behind of Jonty in atheleticism and enthusiasm. It would be great to see Abdur Razzak Lalla jumping and diving around for a change ;)

Tiger Manc
July 6, 2010, 12:45 PM
^^I hope so. I'll never forget that moment at Old Trafford. How embarassing.

nycpro96
July 6, 2010, 12:45 PM
That would be awesome. The great J. Rhoades. Wow.

_Rafi_
July 6, 2010, 12:50 PM
According Lotus Kamal, Jonty will train BD for only 2-3 weeks. Bowling coach will be made permanent if BCB is satisfied by his work in England.

al-Sagar
July 6, 2010, 12:56 PM
jonty ............................

thats a great news if becomes true

godzilla
July 6, 2010, 02:22 PM
What is up with all these temporary craps? Either they hire someone who can give a full time or they don't, there is no in between.

Dilscoop
July 6, 2010, 02:53 PM
Good move but I'm afraid our cricketers are about 15 years behind of Jonty in atheleticism and enthusiasm. It would be great to see Abdur Razzak Lalla jumping and diving around for a change ;)
I don't see that happening in 2 weeks. Like some one in this thread said, either you have it or you don't! You can't teach that. I really hope Rhodes stays as permanent for at least a year of not more!

auntu
July 6, 2010, 04:13 PM
This was Lota's dream. He wanted to show that he has international connections.
Let's hope it pays dividend for the betterment of the team.

MohammedC
July 6, 2010, 04:42 PM
I will only be happy when BCB thinks of better domestic structure. This honeymoon style news does not excite me anymore.

simon
July 6, 2010, 06:03 PM
bhalo kotha!
But 2 weeks only?

Baundule
July 6, 2010, 06:28 PM
JR has some very simple matra for fielding well. Its is something like "a fielder must want each and every delivery to be hit towards him". It keeps the fielders awake and they will not miss anything within their abilities. To be a good fielder one has to love that job.

Then comes the fitness issue, which is also related to the abilities. Fielders should be used according to their abilities. One can be a good fielder at the boundary line, while failing badly as a slip fielder. But a stable team can always find who is good at which fielding position.

Tigers_eye
July 6, 2010, 08:59 PM
About time. 6 months left to World cup. The team can use all the help they can get. But this appointment should go beyond 2 weeks.

Antora
July 6, 2010, 09:00 PM
Seriously , BCB'r ki holo?
Ganguly
that allrounder dude ( forgot name :S )
now JONTY :O
:D
WOOT WOOT
We're gonna win 2011 wc ;) :P

beshideshi
July 7, 2010, 01:02 AM
About time. 6 months left to World cup. The team can use all the help they can get. But this appointment should go beyond 2 weeks.

+ and should have come about 6 months earlier.

nsd3
July 7, 2010, 01:11 AM
Coach bete khawanor por jodi kichu na hoi - arekta thread khule bolte hobe fire the coach. :-p:-D

lamisa
July 7, 2010, 04:28 AM
yes,he can also teach mash how to take sitters!

zainab
July 7, 2010, 05:57 AM
If this news is true, then the team has enough free time when they return to BD, as i am very sure that JS will be off to australia for 1 month after the England series.
This is the time that they should practice fielding and bowling with their new coaches.
Are they playing any international series between September and December?

BANFAN
July 7, 2010, 06:01 AM
Seriously , BCB'r ki holo?
Ganguly
that allrounder dude ( forgot name :S )
now JONTY :O
:D
WOOT WOOT
We're gonna win 2011 wc ;) :P

No, we are gonna avoid repeating Asia Cup performance ;)

Purbasha T
July 7, 2010, 07:32 AM
It's the time to....

I want them permanent though.

Awla
July 8, 2010, 05:23 AM
I want J. Rhodes permanently...not for that he is 1 of my favourite cricketers..but the main reason is he'll be helpful both in Bating & Fielding.
In ODI sometimes I noticed that Our batsmen find it difficult to rotate strike..to find gaps for 1's & 2's..to take Chicky singles..as a result they play risky shots to recover the dot balls..and most of the time get OUT.
Jonty Rhodes not mayb a world-class batsman but he had this very useful skill to take quick singles..and this canb handy 4 our batsmen.
I think BCB should not waste time & money after S.Ganguly...rather they should try their best to appoint J.Rhodes till the end of 2011 WC.

Dilscoop
July 24, 2010, 12:57 PM
Can you guys post links/proofs from now one. Or don't post BS please. Dont get our hopes up