PDA

View Full Version : Faisal= another shuvo??

chotpoti
July 8, 2010, 12:13 PM
whats wrong wid this fella? was expecting atleast 4-5 boundaries from him. Whats with the all the experience ?? I think hez another bhua player like shuvo!!

Nadim
July 8, 2010, 12:17 PM
Come on guys.......one match and ur starting to bashing him already....

Nafi
July 8, 2010, 12:24 PM
Dollar or Robin would have been better, atleast they can smack the ball around, and much better bowlers

rinathq
July 8, 2010, 12:27 PM
i have always wanted Faisal in the team. He is good up the order and play slowly. But other than that he is not the ODI material at all. I wanted him at test. This is the place for Aftab or Alok. Slog and slog

chotpoti
July 8, 2010, 12:35 PM
most pathetic thing waz the way he was getting away from the strike like a no 11 batasman.( a bowler)

rinathq
July 8, 2010, 12:38 PM
We are being too harsh on him. Only idiots will try out a new player agianst an undefeated opponent. All the teams puts new players in action against weak opponent like BD before putting them on real test. It builds confidence. I play cricket. If u dunt have confidence u won't achieve anything.

simon
July 8, 2010, 12:56 PM
If we bring in Faisal to bat as n°8 than we can afford Naeem too,who is also known as a good hitter.
Let's see how exceptional he is as a bwlr.

Catskills
July 8, 2010, 06:38 PM
Actually, I was expecting Faisal to hit few boundaries at the last couple of overs. But as it seems he was more interested to remain not out.I didn't expect it from Faisal who is supposed to be a matured player.

reyme
July 8, 2010, 07:53 PM
He was acting somewhat like Nayeem...just wanted stay not out....
I guess he is not a slogger....just want a place in the team..

FagunerAgun
July 8, 2010, 09:34 PM
His beginning is not good.
But too early to justify him.

sir john
July 8, 2010, 09:37 PM
Faisal is moderate type allrounder.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

yaseer
July 9, 2010, 02:47 AM
Do not judge him yet. Faisal is not a talented player in any means. But he is a kind of players who works hard and thinks smart.

Yes, he could have done more with bat yesterday. But I still want to wait till the end of the tour to judge him. But I liked him and his body language in the field in the 1st ODI. He seemed confident and was eager to get on with the game. Confidence is always the key at this level.

Wish him all the best in the rest of the tour.

Purbasha T
July 9, 2010, 04:58 AM
His bowling was interesting, and at least a bit penetrating, unlike what Shuvo showed in his couple of matches.

al-Sagar
July 9, 2010, 09:48 PM
faisal has the reputation of a good finisher in domestic. but not coming to bat at no 8 in the 46-47th over when u face only 8-9 deliveries like he did in last game.

he finishes well when he normally comes to bat at 6 in around 30-35 over.

well, guess who had the best reputation of Finishing ??? naeem islam. but again not at no 8 when either very few deliveries left .... or too many wickets down too early. naeem best games were when he batted at 4-5 and came to bat around 25-30 overs.

both naeem and faisal can finish well but before they need a 20-25 ball period to get set. also mahmudullah. but recently both mahmudullah and naeem are getting out before they get set or they just cant decide when to start accelerating or they are not able to do it due to lack of form and confidence.

the only thing impressed me of faisal, that at least he was picking singles and rotating strikes which mahmudullah and naeem are failing to do. though only 9 balls in one innings is not enough to judge

Dilscoop
July 9, 2010, 10:44 PM
You can not ask a new guy who is batting at 8 to show much about what he can do. He fielded good. I thought he took a decent catch. He wasn't nervous out there. He didn't have the noob look on his face like most our new guys do. I know I know he played 4 match before, but that was like ages ago.

Once we shorten our batting order, and let him start at 6, I will judge him.

chotpoti
July 9, 2010, 11:30 PM
ok...I am thinking either we are ruining the genuine middle order batsman by making them bat at no 8/9 or we really lack a good finisher!!

I reckon we got too many middle order kinda batsmen in our team. Zunaid iz made one even though he was an opener.Riad, Nayeem all are ruined at the end when they are the proper middle order.

jahidus200
July 10, 2010, 03:40 AM
y what the heck bro why the selctor are meesing it up . we need some hard hitter in last 7 or 8 number positions . why even they bring faisal hoosain for . maybe thats a politics

BANFAN
July 10, 2010, 03:48 AM
His beginning is not good.
But too early to justify him.

So is Riyad, Nayeem, Kapali etc etc. Why do we have to bring in a new moderate guy?

lamisa
July 10, 2010, 07:36 AM
don't be too harsh on faisal,it's not his fault that the dumb team management can't figure out where to put who!

Nadim
July 10, 2010, 07:37 AM
Happy now???

Ash replaced him for the 2nd ODI and guess what he did......

Mohammad Ashraful run out 14 (29b 1x4 0x6) SR: 48.27

shakibrulz
July 10, 2010, 10:50 AM
So is Riyad, Nayeem, Kapali etc etc. Why do we have to bring in a new moderate guy?

They all got fairly decent chances, but it's like what, his 5th of 6th match? A averaging nearly 40 in the domestic circuit should be given a decent run before being discarded. Also his bowling was pretty decent to say the least. More penetrating than Riyadh's dartings.