PDA

View Full Version : What do you hate about cricket ?

Hrithik
July 10, 2010, 08:58 AM
This is my list :

I hate to see empty stadiums in most of the cricket matches.

I hate to see so much concentration of money of BCCI alone and politics rule cricket.

I hate to watch a 50 overs ODI match for 8 hours.

I hate the overkill & slambam of T20.

I hate to see Test matches/FCs (eg. Ranji Trophy) get no importance comparing to IPL.

I hate to see no new nations becoming a success and beat the old ones regularly.

I am bored of watching the same old 8 teams play each other.

I hate to see that none of the associate tourneys gets popularity world over.

I hate that the BCCI despite all its huge money not helping the lesser nations and ICC just keeping quiet.

I hate that the players of lesser nations does not even get a full time contract whereas the annual income of Dhoni is around Rs 50 crores.

I hate that womens cricket doesnt get any marketing.

(I liked those old days of cricket eg. Sharjah Cup,Titan Cup,CB Series,Toronto Cup,Ranji,Tests etc. where there was a consistency.The tourney i last enjoyed watching may be the 2003 WC.The last WT20 being that of 2007.)

Whats yours??

FagunerAgun
July 10, 2010, 09:01 AM
I understand your feeling.
But constant use of "hate" is not good in a G rating forum.
Mods, please remove this thread.

Hrithik
July 10, 2010, 09:03 AM
It will help BD cricket if you discuss this thread.

stay on topic.

Nadim
July 10, 2010, 09:04 AM
I hate when cricket fans try bull crap like you :cool:

shakibrulz
July 10, 2010, 09:04 AM
I hate to watch a 50 overs ODI match for 8 hours.

Dude, then why even bother watching cricket?

shakibrulz
July 10, 2010, 09:06 AM
I hate when cricket fans try bull crap like you :cool:

:goal:

The guy never talks sense, he's bored with an 8 hour game? Fine, stay away from cricket, why bother us creating such trashy threads? :waiting:

Nadim
July 10, 2010, 09:08 AM
btw ur nick says Hritik but u have Salman Khan in ur avatar???:ticking:/:)

Hrithik
July 10, 2010, 09:08 AM
I am just pointing out the shortcomings of cricket.

Is it wrong to do so??

Stay on topic.

Baundule
July 10, 2010, 09:10 AM
we like it or not, he has made some very good points.

Hrithik
July 10, 2010, 09:12 AM
if you agree with the pts plz carry forward the discussion.

shakibrulz
July 10, 2010, 09:20 AM
if you agree with the pts plz carry forward the discussion.

What is there to discuss?

That you hate T20, and ODI so bring in another sucky Pro 40 or something?
That you want a test game to be marketed with cheerleaders shaking their...legs (mod alert:D) for every defensive strokes?
Or Associate tourneys that none has any interest in should be broadcasted by Sky sports for charity?

Hrithik
July 10, 2010, 09:25 AM
when did i say cheer leaders for test ??

it should be played as it has been played for 133 yrs

Bancan
July 10, 2010, 10:06 AM
he made good points. yet you guys hate on him. losers.

shakibrulz
July 10, 2010, 10:23 AM
when did i say cheer leaders for test ??

it should be played as it has been played for 133 yrs
Dumb me, why did I even bother posting here :hairpull:

he made good points. yet you guys hate on him. losers.

I seriously hope you are being sarcastic :o

No offense to the guy, he seems to be a nice fella, but his threads suck.

Bancan
July 10, 2010, 10:25 AM
Dumb me, why did I even bother posting here :hairpull:

I seriously hope you are being sarcastic :o

No one hates him, but his threads are kinda laughable. No offense to the guy, but seriously, does he post anything serious beyond his fantasy/suggestion thread?

Whats wrong with this thread. Almost everything he said is vaild. its not laughable at all. This is one of the better and realistic threads i have seen. So calm down. If you dont like it ignore it. its easy.

Hrithik
July 10, 2010, 11:03 AM
guys please talk about the points instead of rating the thread

magic boy
July 10, 2010, 11:16 AM
amazing thread..good one for a cricketing forum:up:

kiriket
July 10, 2010, 01:05 PM
I dont like test, may be I am a silly watcher.
But fact is, neither my sisters, mother or father bothers to watch test.. not even my junior brother. There must be something wrong with test cricket and normal (say 80%) viewers.
I like T20 and ODI.

Neel Here
July 10, 2010, 01:13 PM
i hate when cricket fans try bull crap like you :cool:

+1 what he says. :D

al-Sagar
July 10, 2010, 01:17 PM
i hated scrolling down to here to post a reply

prasad
July 10, 2010, 01:19 PM
i just love this game....particularly for moments like these...

hamid
July 10, 2010, 06:51 PM
I love cricket, and it's a great game, yet it does have shortcomings - like any sport.

I agree with most of the thoughts, apart from the "I hate to watch ODIs" for 8 hours. No one is forcing youy to watch those matches. Today's one weren't bad.

godzilla
July 10, 2010, 09:09 PM
Ok I see a lot of you are hating on this guy which is not fair. I mean he has a freedom of speech aswell, despite us agreeing or not. I have seen a lot of other BC members opening random threads which makes no sence either but they don't get this much hating ... seriusly!

Murad
July 10, 2010, 09:16 PM
What is there to discuss?

That you hate T20, and ODI so bring in another sucky Pro 40 or something? That you want a test game to be marketed with cheerleaders shaking their...legs (mod alert:D) for every defensive strokes?
Or Associate tourneys that none has any interest in should be broadcasted by Sky sports for charity?

Read the post before replying.

all the points he has made are valid. he is not asking you to agree with him. you can have different likes/dislikes.

Antora
July 10, 2010, 09:25 PM
I like #5 and #11
but #3?
and then I see #4.. dude that's so confusing :P
lol

but I must say I do like#4 :D
I think I'm kinda old school :S I still "'hate'" T20 and love tests and ODI (Y)

bujhee kom
July 10, 2010, 09:50 PM
I think t20 sucks!
Tests rules!
ODIs 2 thumbs Uppa!!
And I hate bad smell and armpit sweat from the cricketers!

Hrithik
July 11, 2010, 12:47 AM
watching an ODI match continously for 8.5 hrs is the worst form of torture a human being can suffer it causes brain and eye damage

nowadays i hate watching all cricket except IPL

What do you account for the empty stadiums??

Hrithik
July 11, 2010, 12:49 AM
I hate that the BCCI despite all its huge money not helping the lesser nations and ICC just keeping quiet.

anyone??

al-Sagar
July 11, 2010, 12:51 AM
watching an ODI match continously for 8.5 hrs is the worst form of torture a human being can suffer it causes brain and eye damage

i am sorry that u r the only such victim in the world

Hrithik
July 11, 2010, 01:10 AM
i am sorry that u r the only such victim in the world

and decreasing TRPs??

BANFAN
July 11, 2010, 01:43 AM
I hate the people, who comes to a cricket site to preach hate against cricket, wasting 30 mins of his time after going through 8.5 hours of torture. Sounds very sadistic to me.

Love everything about cricket :)

Hrithik
July 11, 2010, 02:01 AM
but i gave valid points??

Hrithik
July 11, 2010, 02:02 AM
and stay on topic without just rating this thread or me

Tintin
July 11, 2010, 02:24 AM

People not going to the ground to watch the matches.

lamisa
July 11, 2010, 07:16 AM
i hate the way we lose in cricket!

M.H.Rubel
July 11, 2010, 07:26 AM

Yes the most negative side of cricket is its time consuming.Its very tough to watch for people who are busy.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

mona
July 11, 2010, 07:32 AM

Wow confusion. Firstly why did people jump on the guy for making some valid points? But then secondly why did you just contradict yourself. You lament the lack of Test coverage but hate ODIs? Btw ODIs last 7 hours and one day of a Test is 6 hours. Not that much difference and of course Test match cricket is much slower. You hate T20 but only watch IPL?

Clearly, what I hate about cricket are some of the fans.

One World
July 11, 2010, 07:43 AM
Test is like a 5-day chess played by some very elite opponents in a collective fashion. It is not a tug-of-war or any other track and field event. Cricket is the only sport which can bring you so much excitement and entertainment for a long period of time. None other sport can hold that much prolonged attraction other than chess. Soccer, hockey, nascar - you will get bored or the players will just give up. So sorry to disagree but I cannot hate Test. Wherever there are many reasons you should hate T20, as a certain Holand can beat England consequently, but then you cannot hate ODI because it again resembles the even keel situtation and gives you that tilting feeling that you used to get in Test matches in a shorter form.

If you ask me what I hate, I hate the horrendous umpiring decisions which are continuously harming the mental commitment and creating frustration in the less favored team among the two in the field, and if we were not robbed of constantly those critics would have switched from their mom to themselves in their prime.

Hrithik
July 13, 2010, 01:13 AM
This shows that the guys running ICC and BCCI are idi*** with no intent of improving world cricket.

rahat90
July 13, 2010, 12:55 PM
not hating on hritick...
but seriously i think u are a really confued person lol.
first you say 8.5 hours cricket is boring, but u like test.
then u say t20 not good for its 'slambam'

then u go against everything u said and say 'i only watch ipl'
:S
weird...
also ur display pic aswel. hrithick khan? or salman roshan

bujhee kom
July 13, 2010, 01:00 PM
I think Hrithik bhai is actually Soccer20Reverse bhai!

simon
July 13, 2010, 03:29 PM

It's normal as u have something "Bollywood" as avatar.:-d
Nothing really wrong talking abt things we don't appreciate in cricket,everything has some negatives some positives.
ANyway,I will replace "Hate" with "Dislike/Don't like" or maybe we can discuss abt things that we would like to see changing in cricket.
I don't like the fact that the technology is still ignored in cricket.
I want to see the use of light during a Test match rather than calling it off or "Bad light stopped play".
more to folow.

rahat90
July 13, 2010, 06:35 PM
TEST
i want to see day night tests
i want to see free hits off no balls
i want to see udrs in every test match
i want to see zimbabwe back in test arena

ODI
Two sets of batting poperplays, both lasting 4 overs, one of them must be taken in overs 20 - 40
mandotory udrs in all odis

T20
scrapped

Hrithik
July 13, 2010, 08:54 PM
Read pt no 12 if you think i am not a true fan.

Discuss the pts instead of personal attacks.

I have been saying ways to improve cricket just read my other threads.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

bujhee kom
July 13, 2010, 09:08 PM
Hrithik bhai I think you are a good man and you are my dada!

Tigers_eye
July 13, 2010, 10:57 PM
"DRS is still not a 100 % correct system," - Dhoni.

"Then, Sri Lanka successfully challenged 11 decisions as opposed to India's one. "
http://www.cricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-india-2010/content/story/467049.html

2 Billion rupee man rules.

deshifan
July 13, 2010, 11:05 PM
ei beta pagol naki?

Imteaz
July 14, 2010, 06:02 AM
I hate to watch those prejudice by which still we cannot have a World Cup of 20+ team.

Hrithik
July 14, 2010, 07:06 AM
Hrithik bhai I think you are a good man and you are my dada!

:big_hug:

The best thing i like about this forum is :

Paro kee tumi bujhte ??? Paro onubhab korte ??? Kee darun anondo jaage mone ... ...
Cholo BANGLADESH ... Khelbe amar desh ...

Superb BDs spirit.

Hrithik
July 14, 2010, 07:07 AM
ei beta pagol naki?

stay on topic pagla.

lamisa
July 14, 2010, 07:34 AM
It's normal as u have something "Bollywood" as avatar.:-d
Nothing really wrong talking abt things we don't appreciate in cricket,everything has some negatives some positives.
ANyway,I will replace "Hate" with "Dislike/Don't like" or maybe we can discuss abt things that we would like to see changing in cricket.
I don't like the fact that the technology is still ignored in cricket.
I want to see the use of light during a Test match rather than calling it off or "Bad light stopped play".
more to folow.

ki bolen cricket e technology ignored,tahole football ki?it doesn't even have a third umpire(referee)!

PS-SHAME ON DHONI!

Raynman
July 14, 2010, 09:09 AM
I think this can be a good discussion thread if taken seriously as the intention was by the thread opener.

My main concerns (not hatred):

- Individual boards calling the shots over ICC itself
- No fairness in the FTP schedules. ICC should have a strict schedule with equal games and a planned out series for all teams. Any additional series' will need to be scheduled around that schedule
- No point in Test cricket. At the end of the day a win/loss means very little in the larger scheme of things
- No room for associates to advance by getting to play bigger nations on a regular basis

I wouldn't mind seeing the following:

- A 2/3 year FTP leading to a Test championship 12 teams (include ZIM, IRE & KEN/SCO/NED/AFG). Have 4 groups of 3, top 2 qualify for QF, SF and F. 2 game series home & away (4 Tests between countries, no need to play the dead rubber matches, neutral venue to break tie if needed. Some system to break ties/draws at the end of the series)

- ODI WCs restricted to 12 nations in a league format with SF and F. With multiple countries hosting, there is no reason not to have 3/4 matches a day across stadiums. This way the tourname can be completed in a reasonable time.

- Long qualtification route to T20 world cup so associates get playing time with the big boys

Hrithik
July 14, 2010, 10:16 AM
Superb post Raynman.

I had started a thread on World Test Championship unfortunately it was deleted.

Here it is again tell me what you think ?

World Test Championship

Test cricket calender is in a chaos and confusion and so it should be integrated in a single tournament called the World Test Championship.

It will be played on a 4 year basis beginning with the end of 2011 World Cup and end before 2015 ICC World Cup.

It will consist of two leagues.

1.Major League (W.G. Grace Trophy/Bradman Memorial Trophy)

2.League Cup

The Major League will consist of 8 Nations.

Australia
England
India
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
New Zealand
South Africa
West Indies

Each nation will play mandatory 12 Tests per year ( Home & Away basis).

It will include 3/4/5 match serieses not 2 Test serieses.

Thus a nation will play 48 Tests in the Major League.

A nation will score points on winning or drawing a series extra point for away win.

The nation with maximum points will be crowned the Ultimate Test Champions (of the 4 year span).

Test match format will be 5 days 90 ovs per day no such thing as day night match only pure white cricket.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The League Cup will consist of 10 Nations.

Bangladesh
Zimbabwe
Ireland
Canada
Kenya
Holland
Scotland
Argentina
Afghanistan/UAE
Namibia

The format here will be First Class not Test.

Each nation will play mandatory 12 FCs per year ( Home & Away basis).

It will include 3 match serieses not 2 match serieses.

Thus a nation will play 48 FC s in the League Cup.

A nation will score points on winning or drawing a series extra point for away win.

The nation with maximum points will be crowned winner of the Cup.

First Class match format will be 4 days 100 ovs per day no such thing as day night match only pure white cricket.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The winner of League Cup will face the bottom team of Major League in a play off series and if the win they will be promoted to the Major League and loser relegated to the League Cup.

All the players will be given full time contracts and this will be a good exposure for the associate nations.

This is the ultimate system which can save Test cricket.Please show this to the ICC.

Raynman
July 14, 2010, 10:48 AM
I think the issue with Test cricket is the financial factor. It is not profitable enough where you can have too much of it and its not a format that can help expand the game and interest new nations. I see test cricket as the torch bearer for the old school concept (which unfortunately comes with the arrogance factor of limited nations).

So having said that I think Test cricket should remain limited. Here is my suggestion (revised from a two tier system I think would be a utopian solution but not realistic in terms of ego issues held by the current boards).

1. Based on the ranking system create 4 groups of 3. (Group A : IND, NZ, IRE ; Group B : SA, WI, BD; Group C : AUS, ENG SCO; Group D : SL, PAK, ZIM). This way BD as #9 gets a shot at WI (#8) and Zim gets NZ etc.

2. Year 1 : 2 home & 2 away games between the group members. First 2 home games go to lower ranked teams. If series is decided by 3rd match, then no need for 4th match. This way AUS doesn’t have to host 2 games against SCO if they wrap things up with the 2 games in SCO and the 1st game in AUS. If its vs. ENG, AUS can play the 4th match it just won’t count towards the tournament and if the two teams wish they can play more for financial reasons but not as part of the championship.

3. Tied scores after the 4 matches (0-0, 1-1, 2-2) will have a tie breaker in a neutral venue (I’m sure UAE will jump at the chance to host) with rules to mandate a winner in the event of a draw (something like runs per wicket scored TBD)

4. Year 2 : QF between A1 vs. B2, B1 vs. A2, C1 vs. D2, D1 vs. C2, SF between A1 vs. D1 and B1 vs. C1 (B2 replaces A1 as winner of course and so on)

5. Teams can call on 1st round knockout for practice/warm up matches for the QFs

6. Year 3 : Final to crown test champions, Qualifying between 1st round knockouts for next years tournament along with AFG, NED and other nations are free to schedule bi lateral series’ as they wish

This way Test matches become relevant, a true champion gets crowned, BD/ZIM and other associates get enough matches to prove worth (more if they create upsets) and the more powerful countries can’t complain as much about having to play them. If they lose in an upset then they have to right to complain at all since it will be losing in a 4 test series. The calendar is less cluttered and ENG/AUS can have their ashes in between and IND can play SA/AUS/ENG or whomever they choose. If a country can’t host because of security or lack of structure a neutral venue will be used.

Hrithik
July 15, 2010, 01:57 AM
What you have said will jeopardise the Border-Gavaskar Trophy and some records set over a long time as Scotland etc. are weak teams.

They should prove themselves before even having to play Tests or qualify according to my WTC.

My one was far safer.