PDA

View Full Version : Post-win Negatives

al Furqaan
July 10, 2010, 01:31 PM
after many a loss we've tried to gather the positives (if any)...well its not often, but we can look at the negatives from this match, things which made their best efforts to try and enforce a Bangladesh defeat here today.

1) Umpires - first there was colly not given out after a clear edge off rubel. then there was wide called on rubel against broad, when balls that fly over our batsmen's shoulders are almost always called as dots. the ensuing extra del went for 2 runs, costing a grand total of 3, could have been crucial had we actually lost this game on the final ball or something.

add to that the dodgy decision against tamim in the first match, and the leg bye 4 that was not given to Imrul Kayes...and there seems to be a systematic approach to errors against us.

BCB needs to address these issues, even if the ICC ignores it, they should at least bring it out instead of swallowing it with their butt crack.

2) closing out our innings...good platforms are being wasted. this is unacceptable. riyad is the main culprit, but the tail enders also have to step it up.

3) fumbling in the field when runs are a premium. yes it is bound to happen with pressure and just as a general rule. and yes in the final overs some singles will always be pushed into twos by the chasing batsmen. but routine fumbles should not be occurring eveyr single ball.

Carte Blanche
July 10, 2010, 01:35 PM
13 wide balls.

Neel Here
July 10, 2010, 01:36 PM
the fielders had a bad case of nerves, it's not everyday this team comes this close to victory, at least in the recent past. it will be ok with more match experiences like this.

Tigers_eye
July 10, 2010, 01:37 PM
Too many fumbles. Can't pick up the ball cleanly from the ground.

Shakib with the bat. he is too good off a player to be in a funk for so long.

After every big win we lose badly. I pray and hope that would change.

akabir77
July 10, 2010, 01:41 PM
only one negative for me.

1. why is ashraful playing?
1a. he almost made kayes out as he was blocking and he had to hit out instead of taking singles.
1b. he bowled and gave away 9 it could have been 16 by bowling those kind of bowling. well half dosh goes to mash for this too.

Baundule
July 10, 2010, 01:42 PM
With the platform we had, we should have scored 40-50 runs more. Shakib's wicket was the turning point.

Another negative is, we are still continuing with JS. We are just lucky that the boys played this match without JS. ;)

This is what he says,

"I tried to be more calm today and just trust the boys to do the job out there today," says Jamie Siddons.

Thanks, heaven.

"We try and get better all the time and trust our own individual performances, but it's hard when you keep getting beat.

:D

It's unbelievable [to beat England].
Sure, sure! :P

I think our fast bowlers bowled much better today, also with a bit of luck on their side.
So, he remembers the Collingwood wicket; but forgets Junaed's.

We put the screws on and kept getting wickets, that's the secret. We're going to sing a song [in the dressing room], it's going to be great mate

He must be good at Chorus. :)

Tigers_eye
July 10, 2010, 01:44 PM

1. why is ashraful playing?
1a. he almost made kayes out as he was blocking and he had to hit out instead of taking singles.
1b. he bowled and gave away 9 it could have been 16 by bowling those kind of bowling. well half dosh goes to mash for this too.
Kababesh Grill buffet super moja!! Read my signature one more time and try to guess what will he say next.

Ashfaq
July 10, 2010, 01:47 PM
Negatives would be nervy fielding and tame slogging. Also, our "Old" negatives have not gone away. For instance, Rubel is still pretty inconsistence, (To his credit though, he still looked the most dangerous bowler), Razzak is still not as good as I watched him to be,Mash in death is still crap, Kayes still makes me root for the opposition, middle order and top order is still not in synch.

But for today, they are perfect. They may have swam through a swamp, but, importantly, they came out smelling like roses.

Nadim
July 10, 2010, 01:49 PM
Negative:

Nothing :D

Positive
1) Zuhurul's WK......not a single error......took all the catches cleanly unlike mushy :D
2) Mash is back
3) Attacking captaincy by Mash
4) Kayes er batting...even though half of ther fans didnt liked it ;)

Tiger-ess
July 10, 2010, 01:50 PM
you guys could've waited for this thread until tomorow!

wiseshah
July 10, 2010, 01:50 PM
Positive-- jahurul and kayes

jahurul's keeping
3 pacer 2 spinner

negatives

sakibs batting
ash and riad
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

shakibrulz
July 10, 2010, 01:52 PM
1. Batting at the fag end is the most concerning thing. This is the strongest BD middle order EVER.
2. Utilization of Batting powerplay sucked, need to take it early when batsmen are settled. Say - 35-40 overs.
3. Batting order - Shakib I agree should come down the order, not because he's out of form, because we lack good big hitters down the order. So let Shakib come at No. 7 or 8.
4. And last but not the least NO ASH AND RIYADH. Had enough of them today, In fact today Riyadh sucked more than Ash, anything more than 10 is a bonus from Ash, so I don't really care. But Riyadh really sucked and nearly cost us the match. Maybe give Faisal another shot,

FagunerAgun
July 10, 2010, 01:55 PM
13 wide balls.
Yes, too many, but I believe some are not really wide. Just umpiring misjudgement.

bangla-red
July 10, 2010, 01:56 PM
after many a loss we've tried to gather the positives (if any)...well its not often, but we can look at the negatives from this match, things which made their best efforts to try and enforce a Bangladesh defeat here today.

1) Umpires - first there was colly not given out after a clear edge off rubel. then there was wide called on rubel against broad, when balls that fly over our batsmen's shoulders are almost always called as dots. the ensuing extra del went for 2 runs, costing a grand total of 3, could have been crucial had we actually lost this game on the final ball or something.

add to that the dodgy decision against tamim in the first match, and the leg bye 4 that was not given to Imrul Kayes...and there seems to be a systematic approach to errors against us.

BCB needs to address these issues, even if the ICC ignores it, they should at least bring it out instead of swallowing it with their butt crack.

2) closing out our innings...good platforms are being wasted. this is unacceptable. riyad is the main culprit, but the tail enders also have to step it up.

3) fumbling in the field when runs are a premium. yes it is bound to happen with pressure and just as a general rule. and yes in the final overs some singles will always be pushed into twos by the chasing batsmen. but routine fumbles should not be occurring eveyr single ball.

I don't think that it was dodgy.

shakibrulz
July 10, 2010, 01:56 PM
Negative:

Positive
1) Zuhurul's WK......not a single error......took all the catches cleanly unlike mushy :D
2) Mash is back

Plus Zunaid looked confident too.. Not to forget Jahurul's batting :saint:

Shafiul came back strongly, Rubel picked up crucial wickets, same with Razzak. The played as a team today, thankfully.

Ajfar
July 10, 2010, 02:03 PM
Negative:

Positive
2) Mash is back

Nadim Mushy would have taken those cleanly as well. He doesn't usually miss catches from fast bowling. Its the spinners that mostly has problem with when keeping. Jahurul wasn't really tested today. We have to wait and see. I hope he continues to keep for the entire tour.

shakibrulz
July 10, 2010, 02:06 PM
Nadim Mushy would have taken those cleanly as well. He doesn't usually miss catches from fast bowling. Its the spinners that mostly has problem with when keeping. Jahurul wasn't really tested today. We have to wait and see. I hope he continues to keep for the entire tour.

He's an excellent fielder, and his glove-work was bound to be good :)
Yeah can't judge him by this match, but I'm positive he's gonna do well as a keeper. Even if not, no complains, just make him field in the ring, thats all.

al-Sagar
July 10, 2010, 02:08 PM
negatives --- only 87 runs in last 20 overs after such a good start.

but we won so lets forget it

Ajfar
July 10, 2010, 02:11 PM
negatives --- only 87 runs in last 20 overs after such a good start.

but we won so lets forget it

no we shouldn't. Because god forbid if we lost it would have been because of this reason. In both of the match we were in good position to put up 275+ but we failed. We can not afford to count on the bowlers everyday to defend a small total, specially since we had a great platform and we couldn't follow through with it. Ashraful needs to be dropped. I'd rather play Faisal than him. We need to push Riyad up the order and Shakib down the order.

Nadim
July 10, 2010, 02:13 PM
no we shouldn't. Because god forbid if we lost it would have been because of this reason. In both of the match we were in good position to put up 275+ but we failed. We can not afford to count on the bowlers everyday to defend a small total, specially since we had a great platform and we couldn't follow through with it. Ashraful needs to be dropped. I'd rather play Faisal than him. We need to push Riyad up the order and Shakib down the order.

I doubt there will be any changes in the playing xi in the next match unless some1 gets injured.

Huda
July 10, 2010, 02:20 PM
The wide thing isn't really an issue, that happens all the times, were not only singled out, if you watched Pak vs Aus, anythig to a 1mm over the batsmen head was called a wide. That's nitpicking decisions and you will be here all day if you want to do that. The collingwood decision i was infuriated with and you probably know i'm not on the bandwagon that most people are on here who thinks only bad decisions are against us, if you want to keep a tally of bad decisions every team has, i can guarantee at the end of the day they will be the same, we just seem to have huge howlers, but it comes and goes in roundabouts as we saw when he was given out by Rauf, that was another huge blunder.

Equinox
July 10, 2010, 02:21 PM
To all the pundits who were over-analysing the situation and having b*tch fits during and after the Asia Cup, like I said we are not THAT bad. It was fatigue that was the underlying factor for our performance in the Asia Cup more than anything else. You could sense that the Asia Cup was just a distraction to the players and they were really looking forward to this series.

And for the Siddons bashers I will reiterate that he is not faultless however you can't blame him for stupidity and mental shortcomings. And like I suggested before a simple change in captaincy seems to have done the trick eh? For on-field performances the onus is on the captain. Shakib may have been decent with field settings and bowling changes but he was a poor man manager. Mash also slipped at times today however he was spot on on how to handle his boys.

As for the negatives well there are plenty of them. A lot of changes are needed in the team. But I am too happy to discuss them now.

al-Sagar
July 10, 2010, 02:23 PM

i agree with u. mahmudullah needs some last chance in 5 .... faisal at 6 shakib at 7 would be good.

lets forget the negatives for at least tonite. we can start finding the mistake tomorrow after waking up

shakibrulz
July 10, 2010, 02:26 PM
To all the pundits who were over-analysing the situation and having b*tch fits during and after the Asia Cup, like I said we are not THAT bad. It was fatigue that was the underlying factor for our performance in the Asia Cup more than anything else. You could sense that the Asia Cup was just a distraction to the players and they were really looking forward to this series.

And for the Siddons bashers I will reiterate that he is not faultless however you can't blame him for stupidity and mental shortcomings. And like I suggested before a simple change in captaincy seems to have done the trick eh? For on-field performances the onus is on the captain. Shakib may have been decent with field settings and bowling changes but he was a poor man manager. Mash also slipped at times today however he was spot on on how to handle his boys.

As for the negatives well there are plenty of them. A lot of changes are needed in the team. But I am too happy to discuss them now.

100% agree mate, want to see those so called fans who even went on to say BD are a disgrace to world cricket.

Still I won't defend siddons, either he's his strategies are way too flawed, or he don't have any strategies, either way, that sucks :-D But the middle order batting has improved a lot, credit must go where it's due. And apparently the Schudi is right on money from his first tourney. Hope they'll be able to win more consistently now.

Huda
July 10, 2010, 02:29 PM

Good post, it is not easy playing alot of cricket all the time. There will be mishaps along the way but we have shown against England all the ODI's that we should have won more than the one we did.

Dilscoop
July 10, 2010, 02:32 PM
Going through commentary in CI, Shakib played a horrible shot to get out. A wicket just fall, why are you playing the scoop shot and gifting your wicket?

XI selector. Ya, you guys just can't wait to shove Ashrafool in the XI can you? He didn't have to play today. He was fine playing the next game. Why drop Deckens

akabir77
July 10, 2010, 02:38 PM
yeah now the team won and its because they didn't listen to siddons... what a bc... he is the right coach for bd doesn't matter some of you cooked up against him

Dilscoop
July 10, 2010, 02:49 PM
^^ ok give me one reason HOW JS's won us the game, and WHY credit should go to JS for the victory? Newsflash: batsmen failed. 50 runs SHORT. AGAIN. 270 was easily get-able!

It was Mashrafe and the bowlers who won us the game. JS has been blaming our bowlers for years now! Why do you think we won? Because Mashrafe charged our boys up, he gave them confident. He was positive. Yes POSITIVE. Something our coach couldn't do. It was not a miracle, nor that we got lucky! It was all about thinking straight and believing that we can win this. Even with all the bad umpiring and what not, we won the game. They did not sit around and think about it, unlike in the past.

"We have lost 20 games in a row, and as a captain I have to lift the other 14 guys."
Bangladesh's captain, Mashrafe Mortaza, is taking the responsibility of lifting his team on his own shoulders

Only think JS could do was "he didn't do this, he couldn't do that, he is not capebale of doing it, this that" Excuses, blaming, and negativity at it's best.

Open your eyes people! Sooner the better

ahnaf
July 10, 2010, 02:52 PM
yeah now the team won and its because they didn't listen to siddons... what a bc... he is the right coach for bd doesn't matter some of you cooked up against him
completely agree with u.. Just 1 ta series kharap khelate ki obosthai create korcilo aisob tothakotito fan... Doler kharap obostha te jodi pashe na thakte paro thle bhalo somoye thakar dorkar nei.. Coz support kharap somoyei dorkar.. Dol harle js r dosh r jitle js r kono credit nei.. Very interesting..

MohammedC
July 10, 2010, 02:52 PM
Watching hightlights on Sky Sports 2

Dilscoop
July 10, 2010, 02:54 PM
^^ record and POST! I didnt get to watch it

akabir77
July 10, 2010, 02:57 PM
^^ ok give me one reason WhAT WHY and HOW JS's won us the game, and credit should go to JS for the victory? Newsflash: batsmen failed. 50 runs SHORT. AGAIN. 270 was easily get-able!

It was Mashrafe and the bowlers who won us the game. JS has been blaming our bowlers for years now! Why do you think we won? Because Mashrafe charged our boys up, he gave them confident. He was positive. Yes POSITIVE. Something our coach couldn't do. It was not a miracle, nor that we got lucky! It was all about thinking straight and believing that we can win this. Even with all the bad umpiring and what not, we won the game. They did not sit around and think about it, unlike in the past.

how many games did you play in that ground? how do you know 238 was not enough? what makes u think it was only mash that was positive and coach was negative? how do you know these negative talk is not charging our boys? if we lost this game i can bet my life u and other would blame mash for giving 13 runs.

we were able to fight this game cause this couch taught us how to get 200+ every time. Without this coach and ash making his magic scores this team would have been easily out way before scoring 200+. and it was not a miracle win because of his hard taught thinking letting our players believe that not only ash can win it...

ahnaf
July 10, 2010, 02:58 PM
^^ ok give me one reason WhAT WHY and HOW JS's won us the game, and credit should go to JS for the victory? Newsflash: batsmen failed. 50 runs SHORT. AGAIN. 270 was easily get-able!

so you think that?? Coach dont deserve a handclap.. Ok.. Tell me.. If a captain can only do everything.. So why all team having a coach?? Why we lose da 1st so easily????

akabir77
July 10, 2010, 03:00 PM

agree with you and i was saying the same. a team from england coming directly to sl can not play well. and thats what happen with us. yeah we would have lost all matches anyway but we were not that bad.

coach er pechey lagey labh nai. he is not the best may be but he has done lots of good things.

mij
July 10, 2010, 03:01 PM
Positive-- jahurul and kayes

jahurul's keeping
3 pacer 2 spinner

negatives

sakibs batting
ash and riad

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

:up:

ahnaf
July 10, 2010, 03:02 PM
how many games did you play in that ground? how do you know 238 was not enough? what makes u think it was only mash and coach was negative? how do you know these negative talk is not charging our boys? if we lost this game i can bet my life u and other would blame mash for giving 13 runs.

we were able to fight this game cause this couch taught us how to get 200+ every time. With this coach and ash making his magic score this team would have been easily out way before scoring 200+. and it was not a miracle win because of his hard taught thinking letting our players believe only ash can win it...

very good says.. These guyz are want as well as support whatmore era's team.. Mane jeta ashraful nirvor.. R tarai ashraful k criticise kore.. Era je ki bole era nijerai janena...

_Rafi_
July 10, 2010, 03:14 PM
1.Riyad still underbowled. He should have bowled in place Ash
2. Bowling in first 10 overs
the most Positive: Mash and Shakib enjoying their role. I say happiness in their face. After a good fielding Shakib and Mash high-fived, it was treat to watch

Nafi
July 10, 2010, 03:36 PM
Seems like mashrafe is our best finisher.

Guys like Riyad need to adapt to this, Shakib is having stupid brain freeze, become a too cocky batsman

Dilscoop
July 10, 2010, 03:49 PM
It's funny how some think we are comparing this era with Whatmore era, even though we are not. We are just point out how this era is so bad itself, and what's wrong with this era. It has nothing to do with Whatmore era.

Thing is, this JS sucker boys are arguing just for the hell of it. They do realize why JS is so messed up. All they say is "Yes JS done many good things to the team" and never really states what those GOOD things are. They are just banging on the drum randomly.

so you think that?? Coach dont deserve a handclap.. Ok.. Tell me.. If a captain can only do everything.. So why all team having a coach?? Why we lose da 1st so easily????

1st of all, learn some ENGLISH. You don't make any sense. After you do, go read my post, then reply with a relevant answer.

Baundule
July 10, 2010, 03:51 PM
I give all the credit to Jamie Siddons for this win, because for once he did let the boys do what they can do instead of getting on their nerves. If it were Siddons' preferred captain Shakib, I am sure, the captain was not getting any freedom. After scoring a mere 236, JS had certainly gave up the hope of winning against the best team of the world.

To Jamie Siddons' book, we are crap; but at least the old boy Mash knows what we are capable of.

And yes, we have won the match without Tamim scoring big.

Jamie Siddons rocks!

MatinSux
July 10, 2010, 03:58 PM
Oh yeah flying from England to Sri Lanka after two test must be very tiresome for our players to get blown away by the Asian teams. ICC should start giving them rest for one year whereupon they can finally win a game. Some very intelligent members on this site.

Tigers_eye
July 10, 2010, 04:26 PM
Harley coach'er dosh ar jitley player'ra coach'er kotha sunay nai tai jitsey!! Shabash Bangali. Tomader diye'i hobay!!!

tonoy
July 10, 2010, 04:32 PM
Harley coach'er dosh ar jitley player'ra coach'er kotha sunay nai tai jitsey!! Shabash Bangali. Tomader diye'i hobay!!!

Exactly. Now, I am not going to go all out and credit the whole win to Siddons, but we must be patient with him.

al Furqaan
July 10, 2010, 04:36 PM
13 wide balls.

13 wides are that bad if thats all the extras u concede. of course zero is best. and at least one wide was a very marginal call.

Equinox, i agree regarding the level of crap we were in the Asia Cup - that was just a bad tourney...but using the fatigue excuse should not fly. these guys are trained professionals. further being distracted also should fly. the Asia Cup is a fairly important series. all matches are important. as a fan i can say i don't care about T20, but even T20s should be given their due respect by the boys - unless they're tearing it up in Tests and ODIs - which they are not.

The wide thing isn't really an issue, that happens all the times, were not only singled out, if you watched Pak vs Aus, anythig to a 1mm over the batsmen head was called a wide. That's nitpicking decisions and you will be here all day if you want to do that. The collingwood decision i was infuriated with and you probably know i'm not on the bandwagon that most people are on here who thinks only bad decisions are against us, if you want to keep a tally of bad decisions every team has, i can guarantee at the end of the day they will be the same, we just seem to have huge howlers, but it comes and goes in roundabouts as we saw when he was given out by Rauf, that was another huge blunder.

Huda, we all know this ain't true.

not only do we get shafted in terms of the magnitude of errors, but the overall number as well.

agreed, in a close match with only 240 to defend, mashrafee should not rely on any part timer except for two situations (the part timer has already bowled a good spell, all available specialist bowlers have bowled poorly to that point).

this was the only negative i saw in an otherwise very positive captaincy from Mash.

auntu
July 10, 2010, 04:58 PM
We need some genuine striker of the ball at the lower middle order.
In both of the matches we could've easily scored 30/40 runs more if we could've used the death overs of the innings.

Team management should seriously plan how to use the batting power play. looks like BD is always late to take the decision and waste it.

BanCricFan
July 10, 2010, 05:16 PM
Tamim failed once again with the bat.

Irresponsible shot and wicket of Shakib- once again!

Inclussion of Ashrafool and his mindless runout for the umpteenth time.

Pathetic selfish batting by Mahmudullah.

Embarrassing batting technique by Mash (although, he got some runs).

Poor fielding at times under pressure.

Bowlers inability to bowl regular yorkers at the death (real worry, this).

Bowling of length balls at the death.

Dilscoop
July 10, 2010, 05:27 PM
I give all the credit to Jamie Siddons for this win, because for once he did let the boys do what they can do instead of getting on their nerves. If it were Siddons' preferred captain Shakib, I am sure, the captain was not getting any freedom. After scoring a mere 236, JS had certainly gave up the hope of winning against the best team of the world.

To Jamie Siddons' book, we are crap; but at least the old boy Mash knows what we are capable of.

And yes, we have won the match without Tamim scoring big.

Jamie Siddons rocks!

Exactly my point. Well said.

He also needs to stop showing all the confident in Tamim. He can do that with other players, and they will become good players too. There is no point just hugging 1 player out of 15, it's a team sports.

Huda
July 10, 2010, 06:03 PM
13 wides are that bad if thats all the extras u concede. of course zero is best. and at least one wide was a very marginal call.

Equinox, i agree regarding the level of crap we were in the Asia Cup - that was just a bad tourney...but using the fatigue excuse should not fly. these guys are trained professionals. further being distracted also should fly. the Asia Cup is a fairly important series. all matches are important. as a fan i can say i don't care about T20, but even T20s should be given their due respect by the boys - unless they're tearing it up in Tests and ODIs - which they are not.

Huda, we all know this ain't true.

not only do we get shafted in terms of the magnitude of errors, but the overall number as well.

agreed, in a close match with only 240 to defend, mashrafee should not rely on any part timer except for two situations (the part timer has already bowled a good spell, all available specialist bowlers have bowled poorly to that point).

this was the only negative i saw in an otherwise very positive captaincy from Mash.

If you can provide me with numbers then ill happily agree. All teams suffer their fair share of blunders, if you want to keep count for each team you will see . Bangladesh seem to get huge howlers rather than the increased numbers. If you start counting 50/50 decisions, ball pitching just impacting outside, the number of wickets, wides etc etc which could have been given will always be high and thats for any side. When we have UDRS,those types of decisions where the ball has impacted outside off, or if the ball was clipping the stumps, the decision will stay with the umpire, so that complaint will be lost. The Collingwood edge would also HAVE NOT been given with UDRS had hotspot been used, although everyone in the ground knew it was out. Bringing in technology will not alot of problems that Bangladesh and other teams have been receiving from umpires.

al Furqaan
July 10, 2010, 07:50 PM
If you can provide me with numbers then ill happily agree. All teams suffer their fair share of blunders, if you want to keep count for each team you will see . Bangladesh seem to get huge howlers rather than the increased numbers. If you start counting 50/50 decisions, ball pitching just impacting outside, the number of wickets, wides etc etc which could have been given will always be high and thats for any side. When we have UDRS,those types of decisions where the ball has impacted outside off, or if the ball was clipping the stumps, the decision will stay with the umpire, so that complaint will be lost. The Collingwood edge would also HAVE NOT been given with UDRS had hotspot been used, although everyone in the ground knew it was out. Bringing in technology will not alot of problems that Bangladesh and other teams have been receiving from umpires.

why not count the ones in all recent matches against England than Huda bhai?

For:

collingwood dismissal by razzak today
rubel dismissal of trott in 2nd test in Dhaka
sakib dismissal of some pommie ball was marginall going down leg
cook lbw by rajib lords test

Against:

sakib 5 wicket haul denied when junaid took a bat pad catch
rubel plumb lbw against some guy denied
morgan lbw denied, goes on to score 90 more to win a close match
umpires calling bad light 30 mins early when england bat, and making us play in torrid conditions in a stop-start fashion, all AT CRUCIAL JUNCTURES OF A TEST
imrul leg bye 4 given as a dot ball (complete wtf?)

thats just what i remember off the top of my head.

Ajfar
July 10, 2010, 09:35 PM
^^ ok give me one reason HOW JS's won us the game, and WHY credit should go to JS for the victory? Newsflash: batsmen failed. 50 runs SHORT. AGAIN. 270 was easily get-able!

OK i'll give you one reason. You Best Friend Imrul scored the highest run. Now do me a favor go Ask your best friend Imrul who helped him out the most with his batting? I'm sure he'll tell you its your other best friend JS. There you wanted one reason I gave 1 you want another one. Sure I'll give you another one. Zahurul was the 2nd highest scorer and shared an 83 run partnership with Imrul. Now do me another favor and go ask Jahurul who has been supportive of him since he joined the squad? Also while you are at it ask Jahurul you were filling in for Mushy as the Keeper today. Did the coach JS give you any word of wisdom? I'm sure you will be like no he didn't give Jahurul any word of wisdom because you know it all. Heck while I am at it i'm give you a couple more reason. Don't you think as the coach of the JS went some kind of a bowling plan with Mashrafe and other bowlers? Don't you think as the coach JS discussed with his bowlers some of the weakness the English Batsman's may have? Don't you think as the coach JS might have discussed with Mashrafe who he should use for the batting power play and who he should using the middle overs? your answers for everything single one of these questions I bet will be no no no. lets face it you know it all. you are a bigger jotishi than Paul Octupus.

Ajfar
July 10, 2010, 09:39 PM
He also needs to stop showing all the confident in Tamim. He can do that with other players, and they will become good players too. There is no point just hugging 1 player out of 15, it's a team sports.

It makes sense for JS to be talking about Tamim now, because Tamim is in the form of his life. Have you never seen JS talk about Shakib? Have you not heard JS say Mushy is our Golden boy? Have you never heard JS talk good about Rakib? I'm sure if the Journalists asked him to comment on all 11 players on our team, he would have gave negative and positive criticism.

Antora
July 10, 2010, 09:44 PM
Positives ( I haven't watched the 2nd innings highlights yet...but, from what I have read on cricinfo and saw on the news so far...)

- Jahrul's keeping - so maybe we can have him as keeper and Mushy as a specialist Batsmen?
- The fact that we won without BOOM BOOM Tamim scoring something big.
-Jahrul's batting- he seems prety impressive.
- Mash's bowling seemed back on track (Y)

Negatives
- Shakib, Ash , Riayd and Imrul ( yes imrul... he didn't have to waste that MANY BALLS!! FARRR OUT.. )'s batting.
- We still don't know how to use the Batting PP :S

Maybe I'lll add to the list once I've seen the highlights which start in about an hours time :D

Dilscoop
July 10, 2010, 11:45 PM
OK i'll give you one reason. You Best Friend Imrul scored the highest run. Now do me a favor go Ask your best friend Imrul who helped him out the most with his batting? I'm sure he'll tell you its your other best friend JS. There you wanted one reason I gave 1 you want another one. Sure I'll give you another one. Zahurul was the 2nd highest scorer and shared an 83 run partnership with Imrul. Now do me another favor and go ask Jahurul who has been supportive of him since he joined the squad? Also while you are at it ask Jahurul you were filling in for Mushy as the Keeper today. Did the coach JS give you any word of wisdom? I'm sure you will be like no he didn't give Jahurul any word of wisdom because you know it all. Heck while I am at it i'm give you a couple more reason. Don't you think as the coach of the JS went some kind of a bowling plan with Mashrafe and other bowlers? Don't you think as the coach JS discussed with his bowlers some of the weakness the English Batsman's may have? Don't you think as the coach JS might have discussed with Mashrafe who he should use for the batting power play and who he should using the middle overs? your answers for everything single one of these questions I bet will be no no no. lets face it you know it all. you are a bigger jotishi than Paul Octupus.

Imrul again scored a worthless half century. He ate up **** load of delivieries. And when he had to get going and improve his SR, and get us to a good total, he got out retarded-ly. All his scores have been worthless like this. He scored, but never converted, and got out at the wrong time. And I only blame JS for this. Because he is making Imrul into a very defensive player. And he is making Imrul believe he can't clear the ropes.

Yes he scored valuable runs today, but again, the timing of his out makes his innings worthless over and over again.

And no I do not think JS gave any advise or discussed anything with the bowler. He couldn't do it in the past, and I highly doubt he did it today. All he can do is complain about them. And he gave up as soon as Shakib got out. He brought out his "oh we lost already" half way through the innings. And he himself is shocked that the bowlers did the job. Which kills me. He has been treating the bowlers as they are a different team or something.

Ajfar
July 10, 2010, 11:55 PM
Imrul again scored a worthless half century.

Yes he scored valuable runs today, but again, the timing of his out makes his innings worthless over and over again.

so let me get this right first you say "he again scored a worthless half century". but then you admit he scored valuable runs. I'm not expert jotishi like you but I know one thing worthless and valuable are not the same thing. Dude just shut up about Imrul already. Take out Imrul 76 from the total and see what happens? Ya what do you know it becomes a worthless total score. So stop complaining for once. you are trying so so hard to bash Imrul that you are not even making sense.

And no I do not think JS gave any advise or discussed anything with the bowler. He couldn't do it in the past, and I highly doubt he did it today. All he can do is complain about them. And he gave up as soon as Shakib got out. He brought out his "oh we lost already" half way through the innings. And he himself is shocked that the bowlers did the job. Which kills me. He has been treating the bowlers as they are a different team or something.

ya you know it all. you must have magically time traveled your way into the dressing room and saw everything. Dude you didn't even watch the game, you have no idea what he did or did not do during the game. watching little clips and reading CI commentary doesn't give you any idea about what went on during the game. Stop making up craps.

shakibrulz
July 11, 2010, 12:02 AM
^^:lol: Good catch dude.. :D

Yeah, Imrul should rework his tactics and rotate the strike at least when he can't get the boundaries. And took too many chances as well. I say either Jahurul or Siddique should play the anchor innings, both knows how to play a balanced innings. Specially Siddique, the guy plays some lovely strokes. Jahurul runs extremely well between the wickets.

Dilscoop
July 11, 2010, 12:07 AM
so let me get this right first you say "he again scored a worthless half century". but then you admit he scored valuable runs. I'm not expert jotishi like you but I know one thing worthless and valuable are not the same thing. Dude just shut up about Imrul already. Take out Imrul 76 from the total and see what happens? Ya what do you know it becomes a worthless total score. So stop complaining for once. you are trying so so hard to bash Imrul that you are not even making sense.
Ok let me rephrase my words for regular people like you. Imrul's score was WORTHLESS, because of the timing of his out. He did add 76 runs to the total. And it only means something, because bowlers were still able to defend it today. But may be on the next game 236 wouldn't be enough. And it Imrul's innings will be worthless. It will be his fault that we couldn't get to a higher total, because he ate up all the balls (just like how the English fans are blaming Trott today). But because we won the game (BECAUSE OF THE BOWLERS) it's doesn't seem so wothless.

ya you know it all. you must have magically time traveled your way into the dressing room and saw everything. Dude you didn't even watch the game, you have no idea what he did or did not do during the game. watching little clips and reading CI commentary doesn't give you any idea about what went on during the game. Stop making up craps.
So you know he talked to them. Dont you? You live with JS and he tells you everything that goes on in the camp? Then why couldn't he talk in the past? What was he smoking on all these days? Why couldn't he go talk to the bowlers before and win us a game? You can't tell me he just did that for today? If it is that way, then what the hell was he doing all these years?

I didn't watch the game, but I did watch the full match highlights, and full match on the those repeating live links later on. You know why I know he didn't talk to the bowlers? Because he even himself said he doesn't deal with the bowlers, he is just a batting coach. So all of a sudden he just felt like 'discussing' with the bowlers? And let me ask you again, how'd you know that he did? Just get off his nuts.

peace ...

aniksh1
July 11, 2010, 12:09 AM
Hey, another win without Ashraful's help....isn't that big...

anyways we hv been thru this b4...the biggest negative is still the mind numbing agony we were going thru b4 this win....which will continue from next match on...but hopefully for less longer this time...

Ajfar
July 11, 2010, 12:11 AM
^^:lol: Good catch dude.. :D

Yeah, Imrul should rework his tactics and rotate the strike at least when he can't get the boundaries. And took too many chances as well. I say either Jahurul or Siddique should play the anchor innings, both knows how to play a balanced innings. Specially Siddique, the guy plays some lovely strokes. Jahurul runs extremely well between the wickets.

Imrul was actually rotating the strike pretty good in the middle overs. Specially after Jahurul and Shakib got out he was getting off the strike pretty easily. Ashraful had just come in at the time. Imrul is doing just fine. Matter of fact our top order is doing just fine. In the 1st 2 matches we were in a good position to put up 275+ but we failed. After the 30th over we were around 140ish for 2. Which is a perfect platform. Had Tamim fired at the beginning of the innings we would have been 170ish for 2. In both of the matches our middle order let us down. Its really bad that they all went off form at the same time.

Ajfar
July 11, 2010, 12:23 AM
Ok let me rephrase my words for regular people like you. Imrul's score was WORTHLESS, because of the timing of his out. He did add 76 runs to the total. And it only means something, because bowlers were still able to defend it today. But may be on the next game 236 wouldn't be enough. And it Imrul's innings will be worthless. It will be his fault that we couldn't get to a higher total, because he ate up all the balls (just like how the English fans are blaming Trott today). But because we won the game (BECAUSE OF THE BOWLERS) it's doesn't seem so wothless.

Dude the more you try to make Imrul the bad guy the more your are making yourself look stupider? Its Imrul's fault that we didn't put a bigger total? How stupid are you? Did you see the scorecard? Did you see how much the middle order put together? The freaking middle order couldn't even survive long enough and here you are complaining about he ate too many balls. So what would have happened had Imrul scored a duck today? how in the world would the bowlers defend that total?

When did he say he is just a batting coach? show me the link. I didn't say he never talks to the bowler, I didn't say he never discusses things with his players. you are the one saying that. IMO he always discusses things with his players, most of the times it doesn't work out. But today it did.

Why the are you telling me to off his nuts for? Just because you don't like what I say I have to stop talking about it. This is a freaking forum I have every right to say whatever I want just like you. If you are so scared of other people question your opinion than don't post to begin with.

Imteaz
July 11, 2010, 12:27 AM
Don't be satisfied to early.

BANFAN
July 11, 2010, 12:28 AM
When did he say he is just a batting coach? show me the link. I didn't say he never talks to the bowler, I didn't say he never discusses things with his players. you are the one saying that. IMO he always discusses things with his players, most of the times it doesn't work out. But today it did.

IMO everytime he does opposite to his principles, theories and policies .... we do much better than expected. May just be a coincidence. ;)

Also IMO, if we get rid of him altogether (along with his coaching protiva), we will do miracles.

BANFAN
July 11, 2010, 12:33 AM
Hey, another win without Ashraful's help....isn't that big...

anyways we hv been thru this b4...the biggest negative is still the mind numbing agony we were going thru b4 this win....which will continue from next match on...but hopefully for less longer this time...

And also without Tamim's help. So we can win as a team without being dependant on any single player. And how important even the one off victories are.

Some people should take lessons and revise their policies. We will emerge as a much better team than we are perceived by many.

ahnaf
July 11, 2010, 06:00 AM
Dude the more you try to make Imrul the bad guy the more your are making yourself look stupider? Its Imrul's fault that we didn't put a bigger total? How stupid are you? Did you see the scorecard? Did you see how much the middle order put together? The freaking middle order couldn't even survive long enough and here you are complaining about he ate too many balls. So what would have happened had Imrul scored a duck today? how in the world would the bowlers defend that total?

Why the are you telling me to off his nuts for? Just because you don't like what I say I have to stop talking about it. This is a freaking forum I have every right to say whatever I want just like you. If you are so scared of other people question your opinion than don't post to begin with.

completely agree with you.. Last 20 over we only scored 87 runs.. Is this imrul's fault?? How many ball he was faced of this 20 over??? Sy bro.. I bet my life jodi amra wc o jiti 2011 e (just for example) era thokon o bolbe js r kono credit nai akane.. Player ra js r kotha shune nai tai ata hoyse..

ahnaf
July 11, 2010, 06:12 AM
It's funny how some think we are comparing this era with Whatmore era, even though we are not. We are just point out how this era is so bad itself, and what's wrong with this era. It has nothing to do with Whatmore era.

Thing is, this JS sucker boys are arguing just for the hell of it. They do realize why JS is so messed up. All they say is "Yes JS done many good things to the team" and never really states what those GOOD things are. They are just banging on the drum randomly.

1st of all, learn some ENGLISH. You don't make any sense. After you do, go read my post, then reply with a relevant answer.

i strongly belive you never played cricket.. If played u never was a good player.. If you were good player you never played cricket in any parar club... U never played any para's cricket tournament.. If you were then you should know that only a captain never can do anything without coach's advise (in parar cricket elder bro or experienced player/past player)... Apnar jana ucit je baire theke icchamoto kichu bola ar kichu kore dhekano ak na.... I know all of this coz i'm learned this by playing for my parar club..

lamisa
July 11, 2010, 06:43 AM
get off that poor guy's(JS)back for once people!he as his desirable unit now,let's see how he deals with it and you can have a go at him if he fails miserably again.do not forget,he's the onewho taught us how to cross 200 regularly and how to take the test matches to the final day.give that poor guy soe credit,he was totally ecstatic when we finally won yesterday,hugging chacha and all that!

lamisa
July 11, 2010, 06:59 AM
Exactly my point. Well said.

before criticizing someone for their english,pls get ur own grammar right first.the word confident is an adjective or a pronoun at times.u should have used the noun confidence here.how can u show "confident" in someone?

ahnaf
July 11, 2010, 08:32 AM

ami boli shudu mukostho kichu english buli na chere mathata aktu khatan english pondit bhaijan... What i said? What i asked? U dont understood.. Apni bolechen je mashrafee positive cilo ta bd jiteche js r kono credit nei.. Accha.. Ponting,dhoni ki mashrafee r cheye kharap captain?? Ora ki negative?? Jodi stats thik hoy tahole ora to hajar gun positive nd if ur invented theory is correct then what the necessity of a coach??? Mashrafee jodi low profilic dolk niye(tader doler tulonay) nijei match jetate pare.. Tarao to nischoi parbe nd pere esheche.. Karon nischoi bolte hobe na... Thats why i asked you what the necessity of having a coach in team??

Dilscoop
July 11, 2010, 11:05 AM
^ WHy are you quoting my post twice? Stop being so clueless man. What any of these discussion has to do with me playing cricket?? what the hell? You don't even know what we are discussing about. You are randomly quoting the same posts 2 / 3 times and txt speaking and making no sense, and and top of that they are so irrelevant. I can't even read your posts dude. Make some sense. And stop arguing just because you want to. Go find a 1st grader

Dilscoop
July 11, 2010, 11:17 AM
=bangladesh_sy, ever heard of people say "Finish the innings?" Because it is Imrul's fault to not to finish the innings after eating up that many balls. When you bat for that long its your freaking job to finish the innings and post a good total. SPECIALLY after you bat for that long AND eat up so many deliveries. I am not blaming Imrul, because it's not even about Imrul. We were talking about JS. And I asked give me a reason why any of the credit to JS for the win? And you brought up Imrul as a credit to JS. But then again you are blaming the middle order failure. So I get the feeling you total forgot about what we were talking about.

And I don't carry around links or write it down on my diary. He said it, more then once, that he does not deal with the bowlers, he is just a batting coach. And he hates to admit that he is the head coach. Ask BC editor Miraz. Even he mentioned it. He must have the links to.

I will say get off his nuts, because you guys are blindlessly giving credit to JS, even thought the batsmen couldnt get past 250, both innings, when 270+ was easily achievable.

You guys can argue all you want, he will be done and gone in 7 months. You can miss him then and cry about him then. But he aint coming back again, not any time soon. Nor will he get to coach any other team, so you wont see him around for a while. Cherish the moment while it last, meanwhile just demoralize Bdesh cricket.

ahnaf
July 11, 2010, 11:56 AM
^ WHy are you quoting my post twice? Stop being so clueless man. What any of these discussion has to do with me playing cricket?? what the hell? You don't even know what we are discussing about. You are randomly quoting the same posts 2 / 3 times and txt speaking and making no sense, and and top of that they are so irrelevant. I can't even read your posts dude. Make some sense. And stop arguing just because you want to. Go find a 1st grader

clueless?? What?? Show me some clueless point that i've said??? U cant read my post!! Interesting!! Yeah there may b gramatical mistake bt im sure every bc member will unerstood what i tried 2 say..

Eshen
July 11, 2010, 01:22 PM
Have to say I found it very disturbing how Faisal was dropped after one ODI and how Ashraful was rushed back at his expense. Also, it's high time Shakib is demoted in the batting order.

A big positive is - players seem to come together and plan things well in the match. So, yeah, may be Siddons should continue with his hands off approach and let them figure out things on their own.

Fazal
July 11, 2010, 01:31 PM
Have to say I found it very disturbing how Faisal was dropped after one ODI and how Ashraful was rushed back at his expense.

Yes that is one of the major negatives in that game which will have long term consequence and another example of bad precedence set by Board and Siddon.

Dilscoop
July 11, 2010, 01:56 PM
clueless?? What?? Show me some clueless point that i've said??? U cant read my post!! Interesting!! Yeah there may b gramatical mistake bt im sure every bc member will unerstood what i tried 2 say..

I already pointed out. Go read it.

And no I dont think any body can or even bother to read your posts, whn u spk lyk dat al da time.

Dilscoop
July 11, 2010, 01:57 PM
before criticizing someone for their english,pls get ur own grammar right first.the word confident is an adjective or a pronoun at times.u should have used the noun confidence here.how can u show "confident" in someone?

heh. ohh zip it :p

confidence, confident ..lou, kodu

WarWolf
July 11, 2010, 02:50 PM
Some people are too nagging in this forum. I hope mods are following. I normally don't complain. But some people are really crossing civic limits. We have seen bans in the past with lesser minor issues.

bangla-red
July 11, 2010, 03:52 PM
Imrul has to improve his strike-rate. His whole game is based at anchoring - with an SR of about 65-70 - too low, an anchor has to be at 75 at least. And he just can't attack, so he eats up balls if he stays until the last 10 overs, he can't accelerate.

Baundule
July 11, 2010, 06:45 PM
Some people are too nagging in this forum. I hope mods are following. I normally don't complain. But some people are really crossing civic limits. We have seen bans in the past with lesser minor issues.
I hope, the mods do not need to get involved in it. One argument leads to another and sometimes we may go overboard; but at the end of the day, we are talking here for the welfare of BD cricket. Our supported and suggested approaches may differ, some may be proved wrong, while some other are right; but guys, do not forget the aim, where we all are united.

MatinSux
July 12, 2010, 12:34 AM
Colly would not be given with Hot Spot. Umpire gave a bad decision against him. So it evens out.

al-Sagar
July 12, 2010, 12:43 AM
was Trotts 94 runs from 130 balls with SR of 72.31 useless ????

1. We can say if he had not score 94 o4 130 balls england would have lost by more runs.
BUT guess he scored 24 of 30. perhaps then some other ppl may have scored more than 70 in the rest of the 100 balls that trott faced.

2. he ended up SR of 72.3. if he had SR off 77 he would have scored 6 more runs and England could have won.

BANFAN
July 12, 2010, 01:17 AM
A big positive is - players seem to come together and plan things well in the match. So, yeah, may be Siddons should continue with his hands off approach and let them figure out things on their own.

Ya, as less siddons interfares is better. He is too bad in working out strategies/tactics.

ahnaf
July 12, 2010, 04:39 AM
I already pointed out. Go read it.

And no I dont think any body can or even bother to read your posts, whn u spk lyk dat al da time.

sorry.. But I think any body can or even bother to read your posts, whn u spk lyk dat al da time with some childish theory... go it??
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

lamisa
July 12, 2010, 05:32 AM

mistake there,i meant to write adverb not pronoun!

Dilscoop
July 12, 2010, 03:26 PM
was Trotts 94 runs from 130 balls with SR of 72.31 useless ????
It was because he couldn't finish it off. 94 doesn't do anything. Yes it decreases the margin of defeat but how does that help with anything? A lose is still a lose. He was suppose to get those 5 runs.

And that's what I said about Our Imrul. He had to stay there and finish things off. That would have got him his 2nd 100, better SR, would have proved that it's not all about Tamim, and most importantly give us a bigger total. (Again, yes we defended that low total today, but I am not talking about today, I am talking about in general. May be on other days, Bell wont be injured. And 230 wont be good enough). Yes it is also part of middle orders fault that they couldn't contribute. But when a set batsman gives it away like that at that part of the innings is a half-a$$ed job. Whole thing becomes pretty worthless. He shouldn't dance down the track and then check his shot. He should play to his strength.

It's not like I only blaming Imrul. I also blamed Tamim after he gave it away after scoring a 100 in one of those Tests.

zainab
July 12, 2010, 08:44 PM
Tamim is losing it in ODIs. i dont know if he cannot understand that one has to be careful, he should know that the Brits set the trap for him and he seems not to comprehend this. He should look at jonathan Trott, the way he plods along and does not play a dumb shot. Tamim is on the field, surely he is observing Trott, is he so dumb as not to think that the opposing side knows that he likes to score quick runs and will set a trap for him. I think even a kid would understand this by now, but yet he seems quite oblivious and goes out and do what everyone expects, hit quick runs and get out.