PDA

View Full Version : Most improved batsman-Zunaed

Huda
July 10, 2010, 02:25 PM
I've been watching Zunaed closely from the start of the series against us when the English toured. He has seriously just grown and grown in confidence since that 100 when his place was on the line. He is compact, his SR is getting better and better and is a beautiful driver of the ball. He had a problem against the short ball when instead of dropping his hands he would raise it, i see today he has started to use the technique of dropping his hands to avoid the short ball. He is adapting and always improving every aspect of his, from dealing with the short ball, improving his SR and the placements of shots. If Siddons isn't accreditted for any of this then god knows who is. He is becoming one of our mainstay now in the batting line up after Tamim.

Nadim
July 10, 2010, 02:30 PM
He is in best form of his life. Hope he his form will continue for long unlike Riyad...

_Rafi_
July 10, 2010, 03:16 PM
One of his straight/on drive was brilliant.

simon
July 10, 2010, 03:33 PM
he is very positive since the 100,Junaid,Imrul & TI,these 3 lefties are really taking us through.
Junaid's technique & body language has so improved.
And not to forget,he is an excellent fielder in the slip.

BanCricFan
July 10, 2010, 05:25 PM
Yes, Junaid seems to be getting better. Well done to him.

dark mage
July 10, 2010, 05:59 PM
People say what has Jamie Siddons done? I say look at players like Junaid, Imrul amd Raqib. He took these hard-working mediocre batsmen and converted them into consistent batsmen and together they provide solidity towards our batting line-up which has been long prone to collapses. All we need now are some good finishers and hitters to make use of the platform set our top middle-order. We need some team players who wont be selfish and we desperately need Shaqib to be back in form, as he was the one who injected the much-needed aggressiveness in the middle-order and because he is out of form, its thrown our plans into chaos.

The thing is Jamie made players believe in themselves, that they can score runs against any opposition and in any condition. So as long as the players believe in themselves, all they need to do is do it as a team. However, I blame Siddons for his defensive mentality,as that point cant be argued against at all. He needs to teach the lower order how to take the attack to the bowling side. But atleast acknowledge the work JS has fdone to give us a good middle order because I belive this is the best top middle order, we have had in our cricketing history. All it needs is to have Mushfique and Shqib to fire from their positions and the big scores will come, inshallah

mij
July 10, 2010, 06:17 PM
I've been watching Zunaed closely from the start of the series against us when the English toured. He has seriously just grown and grown in confidence since that 100 when his place was on the line. He is compact, his SR is getting better and better and is a beautiful driver of the ball. He had a problem against the short ball when instead of dropping his hands he would raise it, i see today he has started to use the technique of dropping his hands to avoid the short ball. He is adapting and always improving every aspect of his, from dealing with the short ball, improving his SR and the placements of shots. If Siddons isn't accreditted for any of this then god knows who is. He is becoming one of our mainstay now in the batting line up after Tamim.

Yes, he plays much better. and did improve.

bujhee kom
July 10, 2010, 09:53 PM
Yes sir, Zunaid is the man, the most improved dude out there!! I fully agree!

al-Sagar
July 10, 2010, 11:32 PM
he is cementing in his place at no 3 in both test and ODI.... next should be t20

Tigers_eye
July 10, 2010, 11:45 PM
People say what has Jamie Siddons done? I say look at players like Junaid, Imrul amd Raqib. He took these hard-working mediocre batsmen into consistent batsmen and together they provide solidity towards our batting line-up which has been long prone to collapses. ...
What Whatmore gave went away with him (encouragement). What Siddons is giving (technically better batsmen) inshallah will stay with BD for a long time. He clearly said in his beginning of his tenure that it will take time may be even 4+ years before his boys will put fear on opponents heart (something similar).

shakibrulz
July 11, 2010, 12:08 AM
What Whatmore gave went away with him (encouragement). What Siddons is giving (technically better batsmen) inshallah will stay with BD for a long time. He clearly said in his beginning of his tenure that it will take time may be even 4+ years before his boys will put fear on opponents heart (something similar).

I hate Siddons for his defensive mentality alone, like not asking them to rework on the PP strategy, saying we have a chance if Tamim carries on etc - a coach should never say that - he should have faith in his middle order batsmen. Totally agree with you on rest of the part.

shakibrulz
July 11, 2010, 12:11 AM
@OP

Yes, Zunaed is the most technically correct batsman who plays a balanced innings, I'd rate him above Tamim, his temperament is improving rapidly with time, and that's really what BD needs - a solid No.3 batsman. Hope he does well in future too.