PDA

View Full Version : Mash, Rubel, Shaiful

IanW
July 10, 2010, 06:33 PM
Thats not a bad bowling attack.

Its not a world-class attack, but it isnt bad.

Heres hoping we can get another decent quick for injury cover ...

Kabir
July 10, 2010, 06:40 PM
Problem with Mash is that he lacks the courage in death. Otherwise I like this trio.

Dilscoop
July 10, 2010, 07:03 PM
Mash doesn't have to bowl at death. But today he bowled his last 2 over in a crucial time. He stood up as a captain, and bowled. And he bowled good, except he got hit for a lucky 4, or else his figured would've looked better. So it's all about mentality. You can't always hide away.

al Furqaan
July 10, 2010, 07:44 PM
its spelled SHAFIUL, Ian :)

i'm still not sold on Rubel...he's got loads of potential and should have had 3 wickets today, but he bowls quite waywardly at times. today he was good. he has to be able to keep his econ rate under 6. you can afford to have one expensive bowler if he can take wickets or up the chances of them, but you cannot afford 2 or more expensive bowlers.

shafiul finally played to his potential, and the effort he put it was just AMAZING to see. the way he ran after dot balls off his own bowling time and again, was just heart-warming.

mash played very well and captained well too. he bowled very very well in the death for even a lasith malinga. i was very pleased with that. he stood up as a leader.

Ajfar
July 10, 2010, 10:52 PM
That's not a bad combination at all. But a lot depends on how they are being used. Today for example Mash did an excellent job rotating the bowlers. Shafi is turning out to be a great death over bowler for us. I hope with the new bowling coach coming in Mash will work hard with him and get his fear of death over bowling out of the way. He is the captain and he has to lead from the front just like he did today. Another thing we have to think about is batting PP overs. Not all team take the batting PP after the 40th over like us. So we have to work some things about how we are going to approach the batting PP. Also we can't depend on Only Shafi and Shakib to bowl during the PP or death over all the time. Everyone needs to own up to their responsibility. I'm looking forward to see what this new bowling coach has to offer for us.

rashed411
July 10, 2010, 10:54 PM
Problem with Mash is that he lacks the courage in death. Otherwise I like this trio.
Would you still say that after the 2nd ODI?

Dilscoop
July 10, 2010, 11:07 PM
I know I wouldn't

Tigers_eye
July 10, 2010, 11:18 PM
Mash's 80mph would not hold in the death. Trott did hit one cleanly down the the ground for four. He needs to swing and become our Streak. His experience should be an asset. 4 operations is not a matter of joke. Please don't let that bhuri grow before retirement.

Rubel is wayward but still an upgrade of Sharapova. 87-90 mph not easy to play with the bounce.

Shafiul is a blessing. The coolest customer with a cricket brain.

shakibrulz
July 10, 2010, 11:34 PM
Shafiul is excellent, just need to rework his bowling a little bit, can get expensive at times. Rubel too, was superb, great pace + tight line and length. And Mashrafe's experience. Honestly I didn't expect them to do well, but thank god they proved me wrong, and how! Keep em' coming boys!

Farhad
July 10, 2010, 11:37 PM
Rubel is wayward but still an upgrade of Sharapova. 87-90 mph not easy to play with the bounce.

He's not as wayward as a lot of us believe. Hawkeye suggests that he's usually more consistent in bowling right outside the offstump than Shafiul. His hawkeye output in todays match looks almost like a medium pacers, for example.

What Rubel needs to work on is his cricketing brain. Thats something that will come with experience and a better bowling coach. He seems to be learning too. His change of pace really troubled the English batsman today. Now the question is if he can keep it up on a consistent basis...

al-Sagar
July 11, 2010, 12:44 AM
so Mash rubel shafiul for ODI's

and Shahadat Rubel shafiul for TEST looks promising ... ...

now ... Nazmul can be a decent squad player. Robiul too with some fine tuning.

really missing Sajedul .....

is there anything left in Talha Jubaer ... ...

future .... Shuvashis, Alauddin babu, Emon Ahmed ....

BANFAN
July 11, 2010, 12:49 AM
Mash's 80mph would not hold in the death. Trott did hit one cleanly down the the ground for four. He needs to swing and become our Streak. His experience should be an asset. 4 operations is not a matter of joke. Please don't let that bhuri grow before retirement.

Shafiul is a blessing. The coolest customer with a cricket brain.

ya, he is still a bad bowler at the death. He needs to use his brain more at the death than strength. Trott hit him twice for straight 4s down the ground. Ya his experience should also be shared with the other two newbies, to shape them faster. Rubel is an excellent variety IMO. Bowlers with good pace, needs to bowl a bit outside the stamps & bouncers to get nicks. May be he will be perfected little move with time. That will make him an excellent bowler.

Shafiul is more accurate of the three. The benefit of Mash being the captain is that, the young pacers will get some more guidance from him and will get better. Before this, they were looking like chagoler 3 number bachcha in the team. Neither the coach nor the captain had any clue how to use them and develop them.

TE, he had 6 operations only in his both knees. I heard his interview day before yesterday on Showsports 2. That's what he said in that program. Interestingly, that was a day before the 2nd ODi and the program was named "Heroes of the Game".

IanW
July 12, 2010, 03:31 AM
What I really, really like about the trio is that none of them are crap. Yeah, Rubel slings it and is therefore sometimes innacurate, and Mash is injury prone and Shaiful needs to turn around in the shower to get wet ... but none of them are crap.

Nadim
July 12, 2010, 03:36 AM
so Mash rubel shafiul for ODI's

and Shahadat Rubel shafiul for TEST looks promising ... ...

now ... Nazmul can be a decent squad player. Robiul too with some fine tuning.

really missing Sajedul .....

is there anything left in Talha Jubaer ... ...

future .... Shuvashis, Alauddin babu, Emon Ahmed ....

Mash said he not gonna retire from test cricket.....so i'm sure soon shahdat will lost his place in the test squad unless Mash/shafi/rubel is injured...

An yh i really miss Sajedul.....hope he will be back next season and prove what he is capable of...

about Talha........Lost alot of pace but improved in accuracy.can be a handy ODI bowler if he can get the chance to work with NT bowling coach.still young(23) so hope is there.

firstlane
July 12, 2010, 03:53 AM
I wonder what happened to Dolar Mahmud. He looked so promising at one stage. His batting is more than useful down the order. I believe he deserved 1 more chance. We can't get carried away with Mash's performance. This guy is always on the edge. One more injury and he might be gone for good. We need to make at least another couple of paces ready for international cricket.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

_Rafi_
July 12, 2010, 04:05 AM
One of Rubel and Shafiul has to learn how to ball in first 10 overs.

zainab
July 12, 2010, 06:01 PM
These boys are good, I like Shafi, sad to see that he got hammered today. I hope that they get a very good fast bowling coach soon.

rahat90
July 12, 2010, 06:13 PM
really happy to see mash performing once again. i hope and pray that he does not get injured again.
shafiul is a blessing for bd cricket, he can only get better and better. hope he is groomed well.

im a bit worried about rubel..he seems abit of a hit or miss type of bowler. but in saying that, he is the most naturally gifted bowler (ability wise), with the least bowling inteligence (mind wise).

but yeh, desperately need a fast bowling coach. especialy for rubel

Rifat
July 12, 2010, 07:25 PM
the one off wins is clear signs for Bangladesh: they need proper guidance and proper nurture :)

They can very easily dominate world cricket(very soon) Insha'Allah!!!

BCB, Bangladesh needs to do whatever it takes to carefully spend TIME, MONEY, EFFORT to guide and nourish Rubel, Shafiul Mortaza, and all the other pacers waiting to get a national call up.

Imteaz
July 13, 2010, 02:16 AM
Implementation period for Mashrafe. Learning & Surviving period for Rubel & Shafiul.

If alll above 3 (Implementation, Learning & Surviving) can be done, this is a fair pace attack for a sub continent team.

simon
July 13, 2010, 04:30 AM
the one off wins is clear signs for Bangladesh: they need proper guidance and proper nurture :)

They can very easily dominate world cricket(very soon) Insha'Allah!!!

BCB, Bangladesh needs to do whatever it takes to carefully spend TIME, MONEY, EFFORT to guide and nourish Rubel, Shafiul Mortaza, and all the other pacers waiting to get a national call up.

Ya,if we can get the best out of these 3 we canbeat any side,it's all about the bowling.

lamisa
July 13, 2010, 04:51 AM
we all saw in the 2nd odi what rubel and shafiul are capable of and there's no need to say anything about mashrafe.but we also saw how miserably they failed in the last odi.so clearly they have got what it takes to rip any batting order apart,i think they just lack the mental toughness.this has been the problem of bd for ages