PDA

View Full Version : How Can We Win The Third ODI/Series Against England?

FagunerAgun
July 10, 2010, 09:42 PM
May be too much excitement from today’s win, I can’t help but post this thread here with some potential ways we can win the third ODI to seal the series, even though some fans from other competing countries say this win is a fluke.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P><FONT face=But realistically, yes, we can repeat what happened today in Bristol, because in the win, we still have lot of opportunities that we can work on and get the best out of them to flatten the opponents.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
1. Improve fielding substantially by minimizing drop catches and fumbling, and better understanding among the fielders.<o:p></o:p>
2. More runs from Tamim, Shakib, Ashraful and the tail enders to cross 260 and put the opponents in a pressure from the beginning.<o:p></o:p>
3. More communication and understanding among the BD batsmen to avoid run outs.<o:p></o:p>
4. No selfish game to increase individual stats.<o:p></o:p>
5. Do not allow Ash to bowl unless a deadlock situation requires that.<o:p></o:p>
6. Keep the bowling strategy and composure the same and minimize extras, specially the wide balls.<o:p></o:p>
7. Have some favors from the umpire on the ground, and in the sky.<o:p></o:p>
Any others thoughts or ways…it is up to you.<o:p></o:p>

FaHiMa
July 10, 2010, 09:53 PM
7. Have some favors from the umpire on the ground, and in the sky.<o:p></o:p>

only one we can't change or do anything about :-|

deshprem
July 10, 2010, 09:54 PM
we shudnt be asking for favours...just as long as we dnt get any disfavours....

FagunerAgun
July 10, 2010, 09:55 PM
agreed.

FaHiMa
July 10, 2010, 09:58 PM

mhmm :up:

Ajfar
July 10, 2010, 09:59 PM
We play our heart out, so that when we leave the field either we win or lose we can say we gave it all.

al-Sagar
July 10, 2010, 10:16 PM
play cricket in the field ...... not danguli

FagunerAgun
July 10, 2010, 10:30 PM
play cricket in the field ...... not danguli
:lol::lol::lol: Khek khek khek.

Dilscoop
July 10, 2010, 11:08 PM
We can't win the 3rd game really. We never have. We have been crushed big time on the 3rd matches after being 1-1 in the past. So lets not ruin the moment ...

One World
July 10, 2010, 11:24 PM
Keep believing. No moaning like Siddons.
Carry the fire that Whatmore was able to instantiate.

Tigers_eye
July 10, 2010, 11:34 PM
Win the toss. Bat first again.
1. Improve fielding substantially by minimizing drop catches and fumbling, and better understanding among the fielders.<o:p></o:p>
2. More runs from Tamim, Shakib, Ashraful and the tail enders to cross 260 and put the opponents in a pressure from the beginning.<o:p></o:p>..

I agree with the above. Plus need Faisal/Naeem (anyone with a BD passport in England even Miraz/Naf) to play instead of Ashraful. They are taller, stronger, fitter and better skilled definitely.

Imteaz
July 11, 2010, 12:35 AM
Don't think your duty is finished. You will find the path to win.

dolcevita
July 11, 2010, 12:42 AM
If Tamim score a hundred we can win...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

magic boy
July 11, 2010, 12:47 AM
only good descent bowling I want to see. Our bowling needs to be better than ever.

If Tamim stays for a while we wont have to worry.....and some one during slog over

al-Sagar
July 11, 2010, 12:54 AM
i think england will be on pressure.

pressure of loosing a series to BD at home ....

so if we bat first we need to post 250+ and then game on. then if we bowl like today .....

if we bowl first we just need to bowl like today and restrict them under 250. then we must plan our innings and execute it.....

possible

nahaz
July 11, 2010, 12:55 AM
1. Take the last ODI as the basis for better things.Don't think of this win as a bonus if it happens, but sth you really believe due to the last game.
2. Keep the same team.
3. Put Riyad at No.5, Ashraful at 6 and Shakib at No.7. Riyad's there to come down between 20th and 33rd over and stay till the 45th-50th. Ash and Shakib are to start firing from 40th over onwards.
4. Aim for 110 runs in the last 15 overs. Above point would help. Also, 190 in 1st 35. 20 run contingency margin.
5. Field the best you did. Do not worry about umpiring mistakes. Don't drop anything.
6. Open with Shafi and Mashrafee, followed by Rubel. Keep changing bowlers like last game.
6. Have faith. You CAN win!

nahaz
July 11, 2010, 12:59 AM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

8. Do NOT think like this! Its a team game...no matter what he does, everyone has to do their best. Even a 70 by him wont gurantee anything. Be on your toes, and don't give up or be complacent till the last ball is bowled.

Awla
July 11, 2010, 02:09 AM
To win the last match:
1.Score around 260-270 if we bat first
2.We've make better use of power play during end overs..we should take it(40-45)
3.Bowl like previous ODI
4. Dont let Ashraful to Bowl, PLEASE

shajib14
July 11, 2010, 02:11 AM
Replace Ashraful with Naeem. We are struggling to score quickly in death overs. Naeem may help to that cause. Taking Ashraful has always been a waste of a place in the team.

al Furqaan
July 11, 2010, 02:12 AM
how to win:

bat better (less than 275-300 is a failure given our starts...got *lucky* today)

bowl well (we bowled out of our skins today...gonna be tough to do that again)

Sohel
July 11, 2010, 02:20 AM
how to win:

bat better (less than 275-300 is a failure given our starts...got *lucky* today)

bowl well (we bowled out of our skins today...gonna be tough to do that again)

Spot on. Batting well means: 1) don't rely on Motin, 2) don't rely on Riyad or Bhimrul to deliver the strokes when needed. Add

3. Field well.

4. Keep Freakens and all other bhodais like him out of the lineup FOREVER.

MohammedC
July 11, 2010, 03:03 AM
I am getting really fed up the way we look at Imrul. Imrul is getting confidence day by day. MMW we will see more good innings from him.

BANFAN
July 11, 2010, 03:07 AM
Although overall fielding was better in the outfield. We need huge improvement in ground fielding. Specially in the later stages. Yesterday there were quiet a few such scenes. Taking singles from Point/Gully/Short cover and they even sometimes didnt have the urgency to return the ball to put some pressure on the batsmen.

Batting wasnt great at all. If Kayes wouldn't get those lives, I doubt if we could make even this score.

Bowling was great overall and just need to continuye doing the same. But next match will not be as easy as this one, Eng will come hard at us. This team has just beaten Aus. So winning the third ODI won't be as easy. This is true that our team hasn't played to their potential with the bat either. So if we want to win tomorrow, we need to play to our best in alkl departments. Anything short of our potentials will be manipulated by Eng to maximum. Every top order batsmen needs to play their best. I will never depend on Imrul, he always makes a big score riding on lives/lucks. So Tamim, Ash Shakib, Junaid ........ all have to play their best. If we bat first we have to score over 275 in any pitch and if we bat second, we have to be ready to chase any score around 270-280, we can't do that without all the big guns firing. Good luck bD

MohammedC
July 11, 2010, 03:44 AM
^^^ Banfan bhai on record it will only show how many runs kayes got not how many lives.

Baundule
July 11, 2010, 03:55 AM
1. Need umpire's favor or even a fair judgement is fine.
2. Let Mashrafe lead the team instead of Siddons.

Nadim
July 11, 2010, 04:00 AM
http://i26.tinypic.com/30cvggg.jpg

lamisa
July 11, 2010, 06:05 AM
1. Take the last ODI as the basis for better things.Don't think of this win as a bonus if it happens, but sth you really believe due to the last game.
2. Keep the same team.
3. Put Riyad at No.5, Ashraful at 6 and Shakib at No.7. Riyad's there to come down between 20th and 33rd over and stay till the 45th-50th. Ash and Shakib are to start firing from 40th over onwards.
4. Aim for 110 runs in the last 15 overs. Above point would help. Also, 190 in 1st 35. 20 run contingency margin.
5. Field the best you did. Do not worry about umpiring mistakes. Don't drop anything.
6. Open with Shafi and Mashrafee, followed by Rubel. Keep changing bowlers like last game.
6. Have faith. You CAN win!

why do u even want him in the team?stupidta toh kisui parena ajkal,mashrafere advice dite jay,matbor!

crickwizard
July 11, 2010, 07:30 AM
1. Dont break the winning combination, not even batting order
2. Be confident but dont be over confident, be ruthless
3. Plan the innings better from 40-50 overs, last 2 games were major fumble there
4. Keep the Trot dude in the batting as long as he plays his test innings -;) and attack the other batsmen

Go Bangla, Tamim, Ashraful and Sakib are overdue in scoring big and really hope this happens in match 3. snatch the NatWest trophy from England. Winning just one big one and back to usual - we should have passed that stage long ago. Beat England consecutively, you can do it and just do so!

mij
July 11, 2010, 07:40 AM
We need to get Bopar, otherwise we will be in trouble, his bowling and batting can haunt us. We need to find a way to get him early.

One World
July 11, 2010, 07:51 AM
Remember the Titans.

beshideshi
July 11, 2010, 08:06 AM
I am getting really fed up the way we look at Imrul. Imrul is getting confidence day by day. MMW we will see more good innings from him.

Some of us here have a "hard" corner for Imrul. He is our highest run getter in ODIs this year, perhaps the hatred is due to the way he plays the game. I am not gonna lie, I used to hate Imrul at some stage, but he along with Zunayed have shown that grit and commitment can make up for the lack of talent one might have. If talent-less players can outscore talented guys like Alok, Aftab, Ashraful..... I hope we have a totally talentless team in the future.

nahaz
July 11, 2010, 08:06 AM
why do u even want him in the team?stupidta toh kisui parena ajkal,mashrafere advice dite jay,matbor!

Just to keep winning combo...I actually thought Naeem would've been better in last game. But now that the dye is cast, he has to stay this game. Maybe him at 7..who knows, last chance...

nahaz
July 11, 2010, 08:09 AM
Some of us here have a "hard" corner for Imrul. He is our highest run getter in ODIs this year, perhaps the hatred is due to the way he plays the game. I am not gonna lie, I used to hate Imrul at some stage, but he along with Zunayed have shown that grit and commitment can make up for the lack of talent one might have. If talent-less players can outscore talented guys like Alok, Aftab, Ashraful..... I hope we have a totally talentless team in the future.

He's def 2nd most useful batsman after Tamim...then u have Zunaed...Riyad and Shakib are all down the line, as are Ash, Naeem....I thought he played ok yesterday. He was the reason we got to 200+. Very reliable.

FagunerAgun
July 11, 2010, 09:09 AM
Well stated.

I like him because he learns and improves.
He does not give away his wicket as do some marky BD batsmen.

Fahim
July 11, 2010, 09:12 AM
http://i26.tinypic.com/30cvggg.jpg

this is giving me a different image in my head...

FagunerAgun
July 11, 2010, 09:16 AM
i think england will be on pressure.

pressure of loosing a series to BD at home ....

so if we bat first we need to post 250+ and then game on. then if we bowl like today .....

if we bowl first we just need to bowl like today and restrict them under 250. then we must plan our innings and execute it.....

possible

Agree.
Does not matter we bowl or bat first, we should create pressure on them

1. By aggressive fielding
2. Sensible batting to frustrate the bowlers
3. Manipulate situations on the field as at least a couple of English players are injured.
4. Now we miss our dumunitive cannon fodder behind the wicket to fire in all cylinders to distract the opponent batsmen.

Much more, hope, our cricket pundits will find out.

But never give up boys.

Nadim
July 11, 2010, 09:35 AM
this is giving me a different image in my head...

aje baje chinta na korle ki valo lagena? :-p

_Rafi_
July 11, 2010, 10:15 AM
Play well, use brain and try best till last ball then Win or loss no matter for me.

KumarIslam
July 11, 2010, 10:38 AM
Bangladesh should take Batting PP earlier, when batsman can paly...

simon
July 11, 2010, 10:57 AM
I want 1 change in the team,Naeem(if avlble) in Ash out.
And agree with Nahaz,abt sending Ryad at 5,but Sakib at 6 & Ash/Naeem 7.

BTW we need to discuss more abt what to do if BD bat 2nd & shld we bat 1st or 2nd if we win toss.

Dilscoop
July 11, 2010, 11:43 AM
8. Do NOT think like this! Its a team game...no matter what he does, everyone has to do their best. Even a 70 by him wont gurantee anything. Be on your toes, and don't give up or be complacent till the last ball is bowled.

Seriously. It's not all about Tamim. Junaid, Jislam, Shakib, even Ashraful can spoil it for the English. And they all need to come together.

Zeeshan
July 11, 2010, 11:57 AM
1. Make sure England win the toss.
2. Score around 230ish.
3. Shakib score not more than 1 run.
4. Make sure one of their star player score around 90.
5. Have Nijel Llong as the reserve umpire.
6. Tamim's SR should be UNDER 100.
7. Make sure Mushy doesn't play.
8. Give away 13 wides.
9. Celebrate prematurely during the match.

And of course...

10. HAVE ASHRAFUL PLAY! :-D

wiseshah
July 11, 2010, 12:11 PM
mash should never bowl last 10 overs, he almost lost us yesterday like previous years.

ash should be replaced by faisal
mahmudullah should bat at number 5

my line up

tamim
kayes
junaed
jahurul
mahmudullah
faisal
shakib
mashrafe
razzaq
shafiul
rubel

FagunerAgun
July 11, 2010, 12:58 PM
mash should never bowl last 10 overs, he almost lost us yesterday like previous years.

Agree, I was thinking the same way when Mash was bowling the 2nd last over of the innings yesterday and giving away lot of runs.

He did the same thing for us in Zimbabwe, and in the last IPL game that he played for.

He never bowls well under pressure, specially in the final overs of an innings.

He looked very tensed in those last overs.

nycpro96
July 11, 2010, 01:06 PM
In my opinion, it's as simple as:

Bat well
Bowl well
Field well
WIN

I'm saying this because our form is pretty good. The top order has been scoring. Bottom order has been just killing the top order performance. We all know Tamim will eventually just do good so even better for the top order. Bowling was fantastic last game. Fielding has been good too. We have the upper hand confidence wise and we need to grasp it. Inshallah we will come out victorious. :flag:

meazz1
July 11, 2010, 04:03 PM

not true, he only scored 18 and we won!!!
Key is, contribution from all 11 players.

alibangali
July 11, 2010, 04:45 PM
Have faith that we can win, the self belief of the team was sucked out and we used to play like losers from the beginning of the the match. The team should revolt against any negative strategy from the coach and go out there playing positive cricket, they have already won respect and made us proud and all that is left is to grab the glory in its fullest.

FagunerAgun
July 11, 2010, 05:03 PM
Have faith that we can win, the self belief of the team was sucked out and we used to play like losers from the beginning of the the match. The team should revolt against any negative strategy from the coach and go out there playing positive cricket, they have already won respect and made us proud and all that is left is to grab the glory in its fullest.
Faith and realistic dreams make people brave and luck favors the braves.

Catskills
July 11, 2010, 05:39 PM
We need Naeem to replace Ashraful.

rahat90
July 11, 2010, 05:58 PM
i have not read the posts on this thread so forgive me for any repetitions. this is my strategy in final game:

CHANGE NOTHING!! dont break what is not fixed.
in saying that, i would drop ashraful for naeem, and hope naeem can hit out. also i would promote riyad to #5, shakib #6 and then have naeem at #7

bowling though should stay completly the same

lamisa
July 13, 2010, 07:39 AM
dams,we didn't even get a shommanjonok porajoy this time!i wish the 1st and 3rd odi switched places!