PDA

View Full Version : Shabbash Bangladesh!

BD_Ashraful
July 11, 2010, 12:16 AM
Hi everyone!

I stayed up until 4am to see the Mighty Bangladesh win on Fox Sports in Australia. Fantastic win!!!! Shabbash Bangladesh!!

Mashrafe and Islam were OUTSTANDING!

Siddions celebration at the end was great.

Just did a report on the game

Bangladesh! Bangladesh! Bangladesh! oi oi oi! The chant of ‘Bangladesh’ will be heard all day long in Dhaka the capital of Bangladesh today, after a memorable win against the ‘Poms’. Young men will be parading through the streets emblazoned with green and red head bands, thrusting defiant hands in the air saluting their beloved Bangladesh. More mature Bangladeshis will be sedately discussing the victory in roadside tea stalls throughout the country feeling immense pride as a result of Bangladesh turning the tables on their former coloniser. Women, young and old will also be basking in the glory of the win and cricket conversation will certainly today be present in the spaces women traditionally occupy, squatting on the floor preparing the family meal and tending to domestic chores. Bangladesh has defeated England for the first time ever in one day international cricket and Bangladeshi pride is alive and well. A win in international cricket is massive for this poor nation which is two thirds the size of Victoria with a population close to150 million This news happily replaces the usual reports on cyclones and flooding.
Bangladesh made 236 for 7 wickets, Imran Kayes top scoring with 76. It was not a great score but will be remembered by Bangladesh fans for many years to come.
<o:p></o:p>I’ll take you back to the last 12 balls of the match -

http://thebigtip.com.au/cricket/drought-over-bangladesh-takes-cake

Feel free to comment.

What drama at the end eyyy

Go BANGLADESH! :flag:

bujhee kom
July 11, 2010, 12:21 AM
Bro, it's very good! I think out of too much excitement you wrote Imran Kayes instead Imrul....Were you thinking of the great Imran Khan?

BANFAN
July 11, 2010, 12:22 AM
Hi everyone!

I stayed up until 4am to see the Mighty Bangladesh win on Fox Sports in Australia. Fantastic win!!!! Shabbash Bangladesh!!

Mashrafe and Islam were OUTSTANDING!

Siddions celebration at the end was great.

:flag:

Someone said, he doesn't believe in such one off victories !

I enjoyed every one off victories we had, Weldone Bangladesh.

We also have a celebration sq thread, for these msgs. cheers

BD_Ashraful
July 11, 2010, 07:31 AM
Thanks.

Yeah, bujhee thanks for picking up on that.

Thanks, feel free to comment on the article if you can.

Go Bangladesh :)

Alien
July 11, 2010, 08:02 AM
I watched the game after almost 5 years and have to admit that the quality of the game has improved tremendously.