PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone notice that?

simon
July 11, 2010, 06:21 PM
I want to share something that I have noticed while recalling some winning memories:

cricketer Manjurul Islam Rana died in 16 March 2007
Bangladesh beat India in 17 March 2007

some BD cricketers join ICL in september 2008
BD beat NZ in October 2008

Mushfiqur & Raquibul injured & left out on July 8 2010
BD beat Eng on July 10 2010.

We win when something goes wrong to the cricketer(s)
amazing isn't it!:-|

if I'm wrong with the dates or If there are some other interesting observations to add let me know!:)

Tiger-ess
July 11, 2010, 06:25 PM
Mashrafe gets injured and we whitewash the westindies

MohammedC
July 11, 2010, 06:26 PM
^^^ Raqibul and Mushy and Nazimuddin was injured before Australian tour in Darwin.

Mushy was injured on last day of a team tour
Nazimuddin before the first warm up
Raqibul broke his wrist from nasty delivery by Brett Gibbs (i hope I spelled his name correctly)

But we did not win.

Farhad
July 11, 2010, 06:35 PM
lol....Why do us Bangladeshis love finding patterns to everything?

It's all part of a grand scheme, I tellz ya! Gods been planning this for months!

Sometimes a game is just a game...

Zeeshan
July 11, 2010, 06:42 PM
lol....Why do us Bangladeshis love finding patterns to everything?

It's all part of a grand scheme, I tellz ya! Gods been planning this for months!

Sometimes a game is just a game...

Stop being like a X-mas scrooge.

Phd and fame is for you to collect for disproving the claims of Global Consciousness Project.

simon
July 11, 2010, 07:20 PM
Tiger-ess,that was another wonderful example.

BANFAN
July 12, 2010, 03:46 AM
Good co-incidents

Green Tea
July 12, 2010, 03:59 AM
I want to share something that I have noticed while recalling some winning memories:

if I'm wrong with the dates or If there are some other interesting observations to add let me know!:)
http://www.joshilynjackson.com/mt/archives/surprised!.jpeg

lamisa
July 12, 2010, 05:24 AM

bakigula kheyal kori nai age,just indiar shather oita kheyal korsilam...

simon
September 17, 2010, 05:34 AM
Tamim out & now Mushy injured,these r good signs,we r winning.:fire:

shakibrulz
September 17, 2010, 06:16 AM
A series win maybe? :-D

If this goes right, I guess Ash should be kicked in the back b4 W'cup. :smug:

al-Sagar
September 17, 2010, 12:50 PM

add Khaled mahmud quitting from assistant coach post

reyme
September 17, 2010, 01:00 PM
I would say its a great find and it really works. And there is some truth to that as well. I remember after "ordinary" comment from Shewag, BG gave a "hell-ov-a" performance. Mash won us the game vs. IND in WC. after he was supposedly got insulted by some IND player. Its just after a bad incident team does wake up and feel urgency inside to prove something. I guess we all tend to do that. So yes, it is no co incident, it really works. After my all time favorite player Rana died, team played wholeheartedly and played with fire, beat IND and dedicated the win for Rana.

crikfreak
September 17, 2010, 06:23 PM
interesting co-incidence...

bt when u go 2 follow these co-incidences.... nothin gud ever cums out of it.. :P

simon
October 5, 2010, 07:40 AM

ki bolchilam na?:-D

Today once again,we won a big match beating NZ without injured Tamim,Shafi,injured & retired Mash,maybe injured Rubel too,off form Ash.
did i forget any1,oh some1 said Jahu is also injured,is it true?

MohammedC
October 5, 2010, 08:27 AM
so we need more injured player to win the series.

akabir77
October 5, 2010, 08:32 AM
yes and when I don't go to bathroom they also wins:timeout:

MohammedC
October 5, 2010, 08:45 AM
yes and when I don't go to bathroom they also wins:timeout:

And if I completely miss (unplanned) the first innings they also win. I was slepping during first innings.

I also missed the first innings when Bangladesh beat India in WC2007 because of work(unplanned)

but if I plan to miss the first innings it does not happen.:mad:

crikfreak
October 5, 2010, 10:27 AM
hmm... interesting... 2day mash gt injured... so did nazmul.... no tamim... n we win... :(

man... so we have to bear pain on sum1 or the others part every tym we are to win?? i really don't like this.....:(

ialbd
October 5, 2010, 10:44 AM
oh if this is what bringing us the success then I say we break a haddi of everyone in the team (except Shakib maybe) and admit them to pongu hospital..... and see the magic unravel....

on a different note: Today is our Eid day here at BC.... ajke shob thread topic allowed.... dhoni-gorib thukku good/bad all threads will be celebrated.... :)

Raynman
October 5, 2010, 12:01 PM
Is this our first major victory since 1999 without Ash in the playing XI?

lamisa
October 5, 2010, 12:04 PM
since we have soooooo many major people injured this time,we might as well bag the series 5-0!

MohammedC
October 5, 2010, 12:05 PM

Great find Rayman. Still remember Ash's interview after England win, when he went about him being in the playing 11 in all major victory since his debut.

Dilscoop
October 5, 2010, 12:15 PM
If anything you should see how most our wins came with a "12th man's hand."
ig. Last 2 ODI wins came because 1) important player of the other team was injured, 2) rain help.

I want wins like v Aus v IND 07

Purbasha T
October 5, 2010, 01:05 PM
I find a similarity between the win against SL last year Jan and this one. Both were rain-curtailed, and Shakib smoked it in both.

ammark
October 5, 2010, 01:08 PM

More than that, the win came because Sakib was the leader, and the team worked hard and well behind him. We've come of age. We dont need to rely on nirashar-phul to win games anymore.

hmm... interesting... 2day mash gt injured... so did nazmul.... no tamim... n we win... :(

man... so we have to bear pain on sum1 or the others part every tym we are to win?? i really don't like this.....:(

read above, we're maturing as a team. Rain helped us, but credit where credit due - the team did the work and we won.

al Furqaan
October 5, 2010, 01:18 PM
More than that, the win came because Sakib was the leader, and the team worked hard and well behind him. We've come of age. We dont need to rely on nirashar-phul to win games anymore.

yes. first win without ash in XI.

however, not the first win where ash was irrelevant (India world cup match being a key example).

read above, we're maturing as a team. Rain helped us, but credit where credit due - the team did the work and we won.

yeah OK, rain helped. but had it come 10 minutes earlier...NZ would have cruised to victory, cuz their target would have been 170 instead of 210. those three late wickets were KEY.

BASSMAN
October 5, 2010, 01:58 PM
If you want negatives:

We have gremlin Lotus Kamal heading the BCB
Ashraful kicked out of the team
Khaled Mahmud resigning

Dilscoop
October 5, 2010, 08:52 PM
no Ashraful was involved in this win.

1st since every other win

FagunerAgun
October 5, 2010, 09:00 PM
Merely coincidences to reflect on with fantasies.

BANFAN
October 6, 2010, 03:08 AM
And if my cable isn't working we win, like this one aganinst NZ, Ind (Dhaka) SL in BD. But with exceptions of win agains Pak (WC), Aus 07, Eng 2010, Ind WC, SA WC, NZ 08/09 I watched almost each and every ball of those (Less Toilet Breaks).

Morale of the story; do whatever you want, if the team plays well, they will win.

simon
October 6, 2010, 01:29 PM
khaisey,beshi Overdose hoye jachchey nato.:o
http://www.bangladesh.net/dailyittefaq.html

simon
October 6, 2010, 01:31 PM
And if my cable isn't working we win, like this one aganinst NZ, Ind (Dhaka) SL in BD. But with exceptions of win agains Pak (WC), Aus 07, Eng 2010, Ind WC, SA WC, NZ 08/09 I watched almost each and every ball of those (Less Toilet Breaks).

Morale of the story; do whatever you want, if the team plays well, they will win.

in that case tell me where u live,I will go or send some1 to cut yr cable line.;)

roman
October 6, 2010, 01:33 PM
And if I completely miss (unplanned) the first innings they also win. I was slepping during first innings.

I also missed the first innings when Bangladesh beat India in WC2007 because of work(unplanned)

but if I plan to miss the first innings it does not happen.:mad:
someone please call Mohammad vai and keep him busy during the 1st innings of 2nd ODI

_Rafi_
October 6, 2010, 01:59 PM
No Ashraful in this major win!
Means consistency in winning?

simon
October 6, 2010, 02:04 PM
someone please call Mohammad vai and keep him busy during the 1st innings of 2nd ODI

or drop a sleeping pill in his glass of water(chupi chupi):shh:,make him drink it.:-D

roman
October 6, 2010, 02:08 PM
or drop a sleeping pill in his glass of water(chupi chupi):shh:,make him drink it.:-D

that works too :-D

Ajfar
October 6, 2010, 04:08 PM
I think BCB should stop hiring coaches for our players, and instead start hiring coaches for all the fan. so that they can coach the fans on what to do during the games so Bangladesh can win.

simon
December 2, 2012, 11:25 AM

more to add to my old thread ;)

Sakib injured and we won two back to back odis against WI.

MohammedC
December 2, 2012, 07:35 PM
Who is dropping sleeping pill in my glass ? BTW I managed to watch the full match yesterday.

sharup
December 3, 2012, 03:46 PM
The Sun rises from the east on the day we win a match. What are the chances, ey? Haire Bengali!

zsayeed
December 3, 2012, 03:50 PM
Nice observation Simon. The psychology of it is clear.
It's the added pressure of not playing with a good player that makes the team pull up their socks. As I said they grow ba??s when left to their own devices. From now on they should draw straws and make someone go out by faking a medical report - really secretly though - heh heh.

shuziburo
December 3, 2012, 03:52 PM
Who is dropping sleeping pill in my glass ? BTW I managed to watch the full match yesterday.

The curse has been broken!

zinatf
December 4, 2012, 09:30 PM
Very nice obervations GURU :up:

Hope we manage to win the ODI series by thrashing the Windies left, right and centre!

SS
December 4, 2012, 09:36 PM
Shakib is out and injured we won 2 matches
Abul is out and injured we....bujtachina ki likhum...wait for my post for tomorrow...
damn just heard a crow ...