PDA

View Full Version : Why no Shuvagoto Hom?

shakibrulz
July 12, 2010, 11:59 AM
Why ain't he selected for the national squad yet? Because it's too early for him?

I don't follow domestic cricket closely, any idea how he's been performing lately?

Nadim
July 12, 2010, 12:16 PM
Because he is not a ram chagol like Ash, Riyad and many more....

shakibrulz
July 12, 2010, 12:24 PM

It'd be great if you translated that for your non bengali friend here.. :D

bujhee kom
July 12, 2010, 01:24 PM

It'd be great if you translated that for your non bengali friend here.. :D

Hahahaha...Shakibrulz bro, what Nad is saying, "Ram Chagol" is a mountain goat in the Chittagong, BD area. He is saying BD team is full of chagols!!! Which is true! That's what BCB and the stupidos selectors do!!!

Seriously where is Shubhagoto? We demand to see him play as he is doing really good domestically...And also where is Shuman Shaha, Alauddin Babu, Nasir and Noor?

shakibrulz
July 13, 2010, 12:40 AM
Hahahaha...Shakibrulz bro, what Nad is saying, "Ram Chagol" is a mountain goat in the Chittagong, BD area. He is saying BD team is full of chagols!!! Which is true! That's what BCB and the stupidos selectors do!!!

Seriously where is Shubhagoto? We demand to see him play as he is doing really good domestically...And also where is Shuman Shaha, Alauddin Babu, Nasir and Noor?

:lol: Alrigh' I get it now, thanks! :-D

Yeah, I'm really eager to seem him bat. :smug:

BANFAN
July 13, 2010, 01:17 AM
Don't want any new guys in the team. What's the point of bringing in promising guys and ruining them?

shakibrulz
July 13, 2010, 02:02 AM
Don't want any new guys in the team. What's the point of bringing in promising guys and ruining them?

So you wanna keep playing Riyadh, Ash etc?

And what's the point of playing FC cricket if you ain't selected for the Intl. squad?

beshideshi
July 13, 2010, 02:05 AM
So you wanna keep playing Riyadh, Ash etc?

And what's the point of playing FC cricket if you ain't selected for the Intl. squad?

If Riyad is out of form, I say Riyad's spot goes to Mushy and play 4 bowlers in every game. Mushy and Jahurul can share the keeping duty.

shakibrulz
July 13, 2010, 04:23 AM
If Riyad is out of form, I say Riyad's spot goes to Mushy and play 4 bowlers in every game. Mushy and Jahurul can share the keeping duty.

Riyadh and Ashrafool must go, and replace them with Shuvo and Mushy.

Sohel
July 13, 2010, 04:32 AM
Hindu biddesh at its best.

lamisa
July 13, 2010, 04:49 AM
i have been hearing a lot about this guy lately in bc but i have no clue about him as a batsman.can comeone please tell me at what number does he usually bat?if he is a middle order batsman then there's no point in bringing him in the team now,we already have a few of them in form right now.no need to bring him into the team,make him play at 7-8 and ruin his game and career like riyad and naeem,if he's a middle order batsman

ahnaf
July 13, 2010, 06:46 AM
i have been hearing a lot about this guy lately in bc but i have no clue about him as a batsman.can comeone please tell me at what number does he usually bat?if he is a middle order batsman then there's no point in bringing him in the team now,we already have a few of them in form right now.no need to bring him into the team,make him play at 7-8 and ruin his game and career like riyad and naeem,if he's a middle order batsman

same to u apu and completely agreed..

czone
July 13, 2010, 07:57 AM
:lol: Alrigh' I get it now, thanks! :-D

Yeah, I'm really eager to seem him bat. :smug:

Shuvagoto is in Australia now, going through the HP trainining. Shuvo and Munna is sent there by BCB which will runs for a month and half or so. Shuvagoto as far as I know is almost confirmed to sign for Abahoni for the 2010-11 DPL. Regarded as one of the best (if not the best) batting and fielding talent in years, the selectors are reluctant to rush him to the national side at this time.

Equinox
July 13, 2010, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the update czone. So he is on the selectors' radar it seems. I wanted either him or Nasir in this tour and given a go against the associates however that didn't happen. I saw him bat in the PCL. He looks technically sound and can give the ball a good hit. Would fit in nicely at no. 6/7 in the ODI line-up and eventually the Test team as well. Plus he is impressive in terms of height and build. I think he is the most promising prospect in Bangladesh at the moment and should be handled carefully. However he is nearly 23 (real age might be higher) and I hope he isn't wasted.

Tigers_eye
July 13, 2010, 08:33 AM
Patience. He (Hom) should be one of the main stays in near future. Riyad "yes", Ash "no". There are many replacements for Ash. Even Steve Tikolo is a better replacement at this age. Ash doesn't even come close to 40 average in ODIs and Tests.

rahat90
July 13, 2010, 07:55 PM
Patience. He (Hom) should be one of the main stays in near future. Riyad "yes", Ash "no". There are many replacements for Ash. Even Steve Tikolo is a better replacement at this age. Ash doesn't even come close to 40 average in ODIs and Tests.

is steve tikolo eligible to play for bd?

Tiger444
July 13, 2010, 08:01 PM
is steve tikolo eligible to play for bd?

wish he was..the guy is a true warrior..he deserved to play some tests..

wiseshah
July 13, 2010, 08:46 PM
Hindu biddesh at its best.

i dont think thats right. in sports and movies no body cares abt religion.

eg.
alok
tapash
bikash
100 of football player and swimmer
shuvagoto just started playing for club team nearly 2 yrs. he will get his turn.

shakibrulz
July 13, 2010, 10:42 PM
Shuvagoto is in Australia now, going through the HP trainining. Shuvo and Munna is sent there by BCB which will runs for a month and half or so. Shuvagoto as far as I know is almost confirmed to sign for Abahoni for the 2010-11 DPL. Regarded as one of the best (if not the best) batting and fielding talent in years, the selectors are reluctant to rush him to the national side at this time.

That's great, yeah better not rush him then. :)

beshideshi
July 13, 2010, 11:25 PM
Riyadh and Ashrafool must go, and replace them with Shuvo and Mushy.

I don't think anyone should have any doubt about Ashraful's spot. He has got to go. That's why I did not mention his name.

al-Sagar
July 14, 2010, 02:43 AM
shuvagoto just started playing for club team nearly 2 yrs

i was just about to mention this.

Normally players in BD first spotted in nirman school or u-17, u-19 level. then some club or domestic cricket. then some of them come straight to national level, some plays u-19, academy, A team then national level.

Shuvagoto is not that regular type. he came into the scene a bit late. did not play for BD u-17 or u-19. had some games for cricket coaching school. missed his first whole DPL season for jaundice. then played first class cricket only last season. then he was included in Academy team last season. he hasnt got that match exposure to cricket. though he is 4 years older than the likes of nasir, shabbir, mahmudul he actually has equal exposure to cricket.

thats why selctors want him to get some more exposure before calling him to ODI team.

from his games we can see he can play quickk innings T20 games, also can bat long in FC games. he would be a good player at any position from 3-6.

its nice that he got the chance for the HP training in australia. we should arrange some A team cricket after september this year. that would be good for him. some good performances there and he can be a serious candidate for the World Cup

shakibrulz
September 7, 2010, 09:34 AM
Any updates on Shuvogoto guys?

Good time to debut against NZ as Tamim is unlikely to play. What say?

roman
September 7, 2010, 10:05 AM
I think Shuvo has no chance b4 the world cup as Siddons doesnt want new face atm unless he does something extraordinary in DPL.

nizzle
September 7, 2010, 10:08 AM
I was just about trying to find this thread, tbh, Shuvagoto's only played 7 fc matches, but if he can get some cricket played before the Zimbabwe series, and in form, i think the Zimbabwe series would be a really good time for him to make his debut. If he performs well, he could be a serious contender for the world cup. And add much needed aggression to our lower middle order batting, which is way to defensive with mahmudullah and naeem defending the the last overs. I heard somewhere Subashis Roy could bowl at 80mph+ at the age of 16, anyone know much about him?

shakibrulz
September 7, 2010, 10:09 AM
I think Shuvo has no chance b4 the world cup as Siddons doesnt want new face atm unless he does something extraordinary in DPL.

Hmm.. In a way, that's true, as there's no much time to test him. But If he performs well this domestic season, maybe worth going for the gamble. Has nothing to lose anyways, he can't do any worse than ash, can he?

czone
September 7, 2010, 10:30 AM
As of today there is another twist in chase for Shuvagoto for the DPL 2010-2011, which is confirmed to start on Nov. 26 w/ the 20/20. Looks like CCS has the upperhand over Abahoni, Biman and Mohammedan to retain him.

shakibrulz
September 7, 2010, 01:33 PM
As of today there is another twist in chase for Shuvagoto for the DPL 2010-2011, which is confirmed to start on Nov. 26 w/ the 20/20. Looks like CCS has the upperhand over Abahoni, Biman and Mohammedan to retain him.

Thanks for the update czone, can't wait to see him to play for the national side.. :waiting:

Ajfar
September 7, 2010, 01:47 PM
Lets not ruin another young player's career. OK.

riankhan
September 7, 2010, 04:25 PM
Lets not ruin another young player's career. OK.

Agree......2 fast...2 dangerous

Tiger444
September 7, 2010, 06:13 PM
We should be patient with Shuvagoto Hom..since he's just started playing FC cricket..let him play a few more years there and some A team cricket before he plays in the national team..he's still only 23 so he's got a lot of time..he seems like he's got a lot of potential though..wish him the best and think he will be in the team for the next WC..

Holden
September 7, 2010, 08:56 PM

Do you know if Asif Ahmed (Ratul) will be playing in the DPL?

FagunerAgun
September 7, 2010, 09:26 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

lamisa
September 8, 2010, 02:14 AM
boyosh toh ar kom na,national team e khela uchit or zim tour e...

Rainman
September 8, 2010, 04:03 AM
Let's not get too carried away here. I'll believe he's a real prospect when i see it. Fans on this site were saying the same sorts of things about Suhrawardi shuvo last year and dollar mahmud the year before (as bowlers obviously) and though both have played a small number of internationals, neither has (so far) lived up to expectation.

Thankfully, the seletors have never used faith as a criteria in the past, so I'm sure Shuvgato will get a chance in due course. But as for how he performs, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating!

beshideshi
September 8, 2010, 04:19 AM
boyosh toh ar kom na,national team e khela uchit or zim tour e...

hahahaha 23 ki beshi hoye gese? Australia/England te to 23 is "very young" Bangladesh e hoytoba captain e 22 bochor er chilo. As long as S. Hom is a good player, I don't mind him joining the team at 27-28. From what I have heard, he seems like a real good prospect, no need to hurry his promotions and destroy him like we destroyed several others.

czone
September 8, 2010, 06:17 AM
Do you know if Asif Ahmed (Ratul) will be playing in the DPL?
Bijoy and Ratul will be playing for BKSP this year. This will be their last year at the institution.

al-Sagar
September 8, 2010, 08:01 AM
Bijoy and Ratul will be playing for BKSP this year. This will be their last year at the institution.

what about mominul haque and shaju datta ???

czone
September 8, 2010, 09:15 AM
what about mominul haque and shaju datta ???
Mominul H. Shourov has coommited to Victoria and Shaju Dattais staying w/ Victoria. Shaju had a good '09-'10 season grabbing 17 wickets @ a eco rate of 3.77.

Unfortunately a few min. ago BKSP playing as 'Bengal Tigers' lost to Pakistan Badshahs by 5 wickets. BT: 165 for 5 and LB needed a 6 off the last ball to win as they were 161/5 in 1905 overs. Taufiq Umar was the MOM for his 70 odd in 38 balls. This 20/20 tournament is being played in a sports academy in Haryana, India.

Tiger Manc
September 8, 2010, 10:01 AM
^^thanks for the update. i think we should groom shuvagoto well before selecting him for the team.

al-Sagar
September 8, 2010, 10:10 AM
Mominul H. Shourov has coommited to Victoria and Shaju Dattais staying w/ Victoria. Shaju had a good '09-'10 season grabbing 17 wickets @ a eco rate of 3.77.

Unfortunately a few min. ago BKSP playing as 'Bengal Tigers' lost to Pakistan Badshahs by 5 wickets. BT: 165 for 5 and LB needed a 6 off the last ball to win as they were 161/5 in 1905 overs. Taufiq Umar was the MOM for his 70 odd in 38 balls. This 20/20 tournament is being played in a sports academy in Haryana, India.

thanks very much .... whatever i've seen of mominul , i think he has good promise. seen very little of shaju but heard a lot about him.

shakibrulz
September 8, 2010, 12:35 PM
hahahaha 23 ki beshi hoye gese? Australia/England te to 23 is "very young" Bangladesh e hoytoba captain e 22 bochor er chilo. As long as S. Hom is a good player, I don't mind him joining the team at 27-28. From what I have heard, he seems like a real good prospect, no need to hurry his promotions and destroy him like we destroyed several others.

LOL if they have it in them early debuting early doesn't matter. If shuvo is doing very well for 2-3 years in domestic scene, then there's nothing wrong in giving him a chance.

From Sachin to Tamim/Shaks made their debut in their early 20's (or before) right?

ashraful1
September 9, 2010, 03:59 AM
I say just give him a chance in the national side i really want to see new players exploding into the scene of international cricket!!!

Murad
September 9, 2010, 04:11 AM
Come on!! Let the guy grow up! He is only 23 and started playing in DPL/NCL just last year or the year before.

Let him play for Academy/A-team for another 2 years at least. No need to rush!!

lamisa
September 9, 2010, 05:27 AM

i meant by bd standards,boyosh toh ar kom hoy nai!

al-Sagar
September 13, 2010, 07:55 PM
Shuvagoto Hom is selected in the National StandBy's.

so its a indication he is close to the national team and the selectors has an eye on him

beshideshi
September 14, 2010, 01:58 AM
LOL if they have it in them early debuting early doesn't matter. If shuvo is doing very well for 2-3 years in domestic scene, then there's nothing wrong in giving him a chance.

From Sachin to Tamim/Shaks made their debut in their early 20's (or before) right?

Tamim set foot in international cricket when he was 17+, Ashraful joined 16-17, Tendulkar at 16.
But we have seen way too many Bangladeshi[and Pakistani]players being destroyed due to the early introduction, Nafees Iqbal(19), Rajin Saleh(20), Tushar Imran(19), Talha Jubair(17) and the list literally goes on and on. If exposed at the right time, some of them would have been instrumental in the current BD team. [eg. Talha Jubair was thought to be of Mashrafe's calibre, but an injury destroyed the potentials, he is still a shadow of himself].
Exposure to international cricket is like exposure to the sun, without proper UV protection the skin[player] can burn out rather quickly.

Tiger444
September 14, 2010, 07:59 PM
Shuvagoto Hom is a real talent..he's very technically sound and bats very well according to the given situation..the guy barely has played any cricket at all though..only 7 FC matches and no official List A matches is not enough..1st he should play some A team cricket for about 2-3 years and 2-3 years in the NCL..then the selectors should start thinking about playing him..of course he has to keep up the good work..as a lot of us are saying introducing players to early is asking for trouble..being patient with Hom will be key but no doubt he's a great prospect..

jisaan
September 15, 2010, 02:12 AM

it's much better to ruin them in the wilderness and continue with bunch of idiots who can't even slog against the dutch or the irish and, in turn, fetch us some GLORIOUS DEFEATs :sick:
roobish!!!!

MohammedC
September 15, 2010, 02:42 AM
Has any BC member seen Shuvagoto bat?

jisaan
September 15, 2010, 02:49 AM
Shuvagoto Hom is selected in the National StandBy's.

so its a indication he is close to the national team and the selectors has an eye on him

Such standby mean nothing ... nasir hossain was there earlier.... now he's nowhere... can name a few more....
this is mere formality... nothing to get flattered..
not for hom
not for anyone

abu2abu
September 15, 2010, 03:29 AM
Such standby mean nothing ... nasir hossain was there earlier.... now he's nowhere... can name a few more....
not for hom
not for anyone

I respectfully disagree Jisaan. This is s a home series, not a foreign tour which involves getting visas and plane tickets for last minute replacements (remember poor saghir hossain who never made it to england despite being called up for the injured Mushfiq?) so this is a strong indication the selectors rate him and he may even get a game.

Look at the other "standbyes" for the NZ series; Ash, Nazimuddin, Nazmul & Dolar, all have played for BD before and could conceivably play again. He may not play, but he's definitely in the thoughts of the selectors...

shakibrulz
September 15, 2010, 03:37 AM
Tamim set foot in international cricket when he was 17+, Ashraful joined 16-17, Tendulkar at 16.
But we have seen way too many Bangladeshi[and Pakistani]players being destroyed due to the early introduction, Nafees Iqbal(19), Rajin Saleh(20), Tushar Imran(19), Talha Jubair(17) and the list literally goes on and on. If exposed at the right time, some of them would have been instrumental in the current BD team. [eg. Talha Jubair was thought to be of Mashrafe's calibre, but an injury destroyed the potentials, he is still a shadow of himself].
Exposure to international cricket is like exposure to the sun, without proper UV protection the skin[player] can burn out rather quickly.
:-p

But I still think if they have it in them, they're only gonna only get better. In the case of fast bowlers too, it's better to make an early debut because, you're not gonna get a long run with a 28+ year old guy. So the earlier the better. Well Talha got injured, his bad. That'd have happened in any phase of his career, don't you agree?

BTW most of the above mentioned players have a pretty average FC stats to back them :waiting:

abu2abu
September 15, 2010, 03:44 AM

But I still think if they have it in them, they're only gonna only get better. In the case of fast bowlers too, it's better to make an early debut because, you're not gonna get a long run with a 28+ year old guy. So the earlier the better. Well Talha got injured, his bad. That'd have happened in any phase of his career, don't you agree?

BTW most of the above mentioned players have a pretty average FC stats to back them :waiting:

I agree we have to be careful about exposing people too early, but there are players who are mature and talented enough to prosper even if exposed at an early age.

For example, Mash, Mushfiq, shakib and tamim were all brought into the side at a relatively early age and are all doing quite well...I'm sure there are others you could add to that list too...

sir john
September 15, 2010, 03:52 AM
Shuvo looks a good player.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

roman
September 15, 2010, 11:19 AM
I agree we have to be careful about exposing people too early, but there are players who are mature and talented enough to prosper even if exposed at an early age.

For example, Mash, Mushfiq, shakib and tamim were all brought into the side at a relatively early age and are all doing quite well...I'm sure there are others you could add to that list too...
I agree with you but the world cup is knocking on the door. So why experiment now? Rather than experimenting they should try to come up with the best XI now. Shuvo can always come after world cup but not now... unless he does something extraordinary in NCL

Gowza
September 15, 2010, 02:48 PM
thought he had played 2 or 3 seasons in the DPL and had a good showing each season he played.....still not that much experience but more than what his record shows. if he has the potential and his game is technically sound enough then he'd be worth a try, he's 23/24 which is young but a reasonable he enough age to be introduced into international cricket. but it would have been much better trialling him earlier in some easier series rather than now, i hope that training in australia has done him a lot of good.

MohammedC
September 15, 2010, 03:14 PM
Welcome back Gowza.

Anyway as for Shuvagoto, I want to see him bat well in upcoming NCL 4 day games
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

lamisa
September 16, 2010, 04:31 AM
^^^right!it's only during the longer versions of the game that a player's true dimensions are revealed.if he's consistent in NCL,i say he should be called to the side against zim.

Ashfaq
September 16, 2010, 08:11 AM
not for hom
not for anyone

Wow. You should see a sunrise sometimes. It will definitely give you the meaning of optimism.

lamisa
September 17, 2010, 05:35 AM
hom is happy with his inclusion in the national team standby
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-09-17/news/94039

shakibrulz
September 17, 2010, 06:17 AM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/resize/maxDim/460x1000/img/uploads/media/2010-09-16-17-47-53-058958300-suvagoto.jpg

Seeing the guy for the first time. Can't wait to see what all the hype is about. :-p

auntu
September 17, 2010, 01:15 PM
http://www.eprothomalo.com/contents/2010/2010_09_17/content_zoom/2010_09_17_23_2_b.jpg

lamisa
September 18, 2010, 09:12 AM
he's sort of good looking.good to have good looking players in the team.atleast there will be reduced amounts of eyesore in the form of "marry me,afridi","rahul,i love u"!

MarufH
September 18, 2010, 09:14 AM
From his interview, it is clearly he needs little more time. By staying as standby, he is practicing with the team.

Now, if Mushfique is out, I say bring him as specialist # 7/8

cricket_king
September 18, 2010, 09:59 AM
he's sort of good looking.good to have good looking players in the team.atleast there will be reduced amounts of eyesore in the form of "marry me,afridi","rahul,i love u"!

"Sort of good looking"? Dude, that guy's hot.

lamisa
September 19, 2010, 09:55 AM
^^^yea he is,kind of...

al-Sagar
September 19, 2010, 12:41 PM

is there any Player in the world who is good looking that u cannot help urself from making a "marry me, ......" banner and go with it to the stadium ???

BANFAN
September 20, 2010, 01:24 AM
Is good/hot looking any criteria to bring a player into team?

That's good for becoming a cheer leader :)

lamisa
September 20, 2010, 05:24 AM
@BANFAN bhai,i didn't say that it's a criteria.it was just one of those things....
@offstump bhai,ummm no,not really.even if i have the biggest crush on that cricketer because i know that just because i carry a placard saying "marry me",he's not going to do so and it's a rather silly thing to do.

Sohel
September 20, 2010, 07:48 AM
I hope he makes a good enough transition from our pitiful domestic cricket to the highest level when he gets the chance to show what he can do in the middle, whenever that may be. If he does, he'd be able to get the long enough run necessary to show he's capable of improving consistently, and sustain whatever success that may come his way.

That being said, Shubhagoto Hom is definitely my new homeboy based on what I've seen of him in domestic. Wish him all the best.

Ajfar
September 20, 2010, 09:44 PM
"Sort of good looking"? Dude, that guy's hot.

*Here comes Zeeshan bhai get ready.

but I agree, he got the looks thats for sure.

beshideshi
September 20, 2010, 10:26 PM

Of course, if you have it in you, you are bound to shine. But not everyone is a Tendulkar, when you throw a 19 year old into the fire called international cricket, chances are he will be burnt in the heat rather than fight the fire.
Also, a player usually has 6-10 years at his peak, if one joins the team at 28, it means he can play till he is 35[ 7 years], I think that is more than enough for one player. Also if one player is hogging the national team spot for 15 years, it means he will stop younger guys from entering and might create a vacuum.[have a look at India, compare Dravid,laxman,Tendulkar, Ganguly with Kohli, Sharma, Uthapa,Yuvraj Raina]

The bottom line is, I don't mind players getting a go at 18-19, but only if he is well developed by that age. Otherwise I would pick 6-7 great years instead of 2-3 terrific years and 10 years of "promise"

riankhan
September 21, 2010, 06:12 AM
Of course, if you have it in you, you are bound to shine. But not everyone is a Tendulkar, when you throw a 19 year old into the fire called international cricket, chances are he will be burnt in the heat rather than fight the fire.
Also, a player usually has 6-10 years at his peak, if one joins the team at 28, it means he can play till he is 35[ 7 years], I think that is more than enough for one player. Also if one player is hogging the national team spot for 15 years, it means he will stop younger guys from entering and might create a vacuum.[have a look at India, compare Dravid,laxman,Tendulkar, Ganguly with Kohli, Sharma, Uthapa,Yuvraj Raina]

The bottom line is, I don't mind players getting a go at 18-19, but only if he is well developed by that age. Otherwise I would pick 6-7 great years instead of 2-3 terrific years and 10 years of "promise"

Hat Off!
Thats a culture we should get used to.
It could be another reason why players show reduced age!

shakibrulz
September 21, 2010, 10:24 AM
Erm, I don't think so. Why take Tendu as example? Take Shaks, Tamim etc. If they are real deal, theya are indeed gonna Shine. This is BD they are playing for, low expectations, so don't think they will have such tremendous pressure compared to other teams.

See, I'm all for him being picked after getting enough practice. But if he's doing well (which he is) for a reasonable period, I don't think age alone should be a factor for getting him in the team.

And I didn't get your Dravid/Tendu/Gangu vs Kohli Sharma Raina analogy :waiting:

shakibrulz
October 7, 2010, 12:23 AM
Yet another 100 for Hom. :bravo:

Time for Intl debut?

beshideshi
October 7, 2010, 12:33 AM
^ Oh, I was just trying to point out the culture that Bangladesh has of throwing 17 year olds into the deep end. I wasn't really shooting it at S.Hom. He is 23[or 24?] and mental maturity should be sufficient, given at the current rate of progress he should be in the team within 6-12 months. And I don't really have a problem with S.Hom taking the team in the near future, but I don't want to see another 16-18 year old thrown into international arena without much domestic experience!
And about Dravid/Tendulkar/Laxman and Raina/Yuvi/Kohli/Sharma: The former group hogged up the middle order for a long time[deservingly so], but what that did was stop new players to play alongside the likes of tendulkar and perhaps robbed raina/yuvi of some invaluable experience. Australia also has/had the same problem when the previous generation retired at once. The transition becomes really hard when one group of player sticks together for a long time.

but, Bring in Hom :P

shakibrulz
October 7, 2010, 12:38 AM
^ Oh, I was just trying to point out the culture that Bangladesh has of throwing 17 year olds into the deep end. I wasn't really shooting it at S.Hom. He is 23[or 24?] and mental maturity should be sufficient, given at the current rate of progress he should be in the team within 6-12 months. And I don't really have a problem with S.Hom taking the team in the near future, but I don't want to see another 16-18 year old thrown into international arena without much domestic experience!
And about Dravid/Tendulkar/Laxman and Raina/Yuvi/Kohli/Sharma: The former group hogged up the middle order for a long time[deservingly so], but what that did was stop new players to play alongside the likes of tendulkar and perhaps robbed raina/yuvi of some invaluable experience. Australia also has/had the same problem when the previous generation retired at once. The transition becomes really hard when one group of player sticks together for a long time.

but, Bring in Hom :P

Alright. But we can't just drop our Seniors who do well randomly from the squad :-p In fact our ODI team had a good share of youngsters coming in. Many youngsters were/are given oppurtunities in the team. I don't see how it harmed Raina/Yuvi's career. Nohit has zero work ethic and Kohli hasn't done anything to cement his place (still he gets a spot in the team).

shakibrulz
November 26, 2010, 09:16 AM
Was a total failure in the asian games. And even in the list a tourneys didn't do well. Is he another pretender? /:)

Habib
November 26, 2010, 09:19 AM
He is a very nervous player. That could be a big issue for him in the future.

Tiger444
November 26, 2010, 09:40 AM
Like I said before let's be patient with him. He didn't play any U19 cricket and just started playing. He's still got some ways to go before he should be considered for the national team. He should be in the A team first, score big there at a consistent rate and then should be considered. Still think he is a good talent.

Ajfar
November 26, 2010, 09:46 AM
Man people be jumping all over the place. One day we are all about Hom, next day Nasir, next day Shabbir, and so on. These guys are the future, can we please let them grow first. How many times have we seen young players thrown into the team and ruin their career, haven't we learned anything from the past?

Night_wolf
November 26, 2010, 10:04 AM
Man people be jumping all over the place. One day we are all about Hom, next day Nasir, next day Shabbir, and so on. These guys are the future, can we please let them grow first. How many times have we seen young players thrown into the team and ruin their career, haven't we learned anything from the past?

exactly..let them go 4 some A tours..let them cope with pressure 1st..national team isn't a place to try out experiments

shakibrulz
November 26, 2010, 11:59 AM
He is a very nervous player. That could be a big issue for him in the future.
I hope it's just that. I don't care for what he does in slogathon cricket, but he didn't look good in the middle. And had a poor List A season. Probably nerves, yeah.

jisaan
November 26, 2010, 02:39 PM
Hom? go back home and don't come back for such poor shows

the queue to this bangladesh team is tooo long...

Rifat
November 26, 2010, 05:55 PM
This is just one match, the first i have seen him play LIVE at least on TV/internet, I will reserve my judgements for later, because T20 cricket is not a good assessment of your real life cricket skills.

Let's see how he performs in the DPL, then we'll talk.

Bond
November 26, 2010, 06:01 PM
I don't want him anywhere near our team, the guy is an idiot, came and gave a simple catch to the fielder, R.I.P Shuvogotohomo, bye bye forever