PDA

View Full Version : Where is Naeem Islam?

BostonTigers
July 12, 2010, 02:36 PM
What is the problem with our cricket board. Where in the hell is Naeem Islam? We call up Ashraful as a back up for the ODI series against England and play him and not Naeem Islam. I am not sure what the board was smoking when they made that decision.

Naeem should have been in the squad in the first place, he has the big hitting ability which is so much missing in the lower order. Based on the BD team's decision to take the batting powerplay always in the last five overs of the innings, Naeem is the ideal choice to be batting during that period.

MohammedC
July 12, 2010, 04:05 PM
I did not see Naeem Islam or Shagir Hussain today. I was sitting very close to pavilion. They probably did not arrive yet.

wasi90lkv1
July 12, 2010, 04:33 PM
i am not sure why naeem was dropped in the first place.

last time he played a test series (against england in bangladesh), he did fine as a batsman.

naeem is a handy ODI bowler too, he is a better bowler than mahmudullah in ODI i think.

i have a feeling naeem was dropped based on his performance in the world cup twenty20 and warm up games.

rahat90
July 12, 2010, 06:48 PM
naeem is a very unfortunate cricketer imo
he is a good odi batsman
the team management have wasted him by labelling him a pinch hitter
he is not that, he is a proper batsman. a proper middle order batsman

similarly i think the team management might ruin riyad like that too (maybe have done so alredy).

wasi90lkv1
July 12, 2010, 06:55 PM
he is a good odi batsman

similarly i think the team management might ruin riyad like that too (maybe have done so alredy).

if i have to pick between naeem and mahmudullah, i will pick naeem probably (specially for ODI and twenty20 matches).

Muktar
July 13, 2010, 09:24 AM
Naeem was there yesterday as i sat 5 metres away from them. I picked him up from the airport and then put him on a train to Birmingham. Saghir is having visa issues as he has to apply for one in bangladesh from the british high commision. I'm not sure whether or not he will come now as Mushfiqur is looking better and wants to playing in the games coming up when i spoke with him yesterday. Rokibul is limping but HAS NOT fractured his toe and will be travelling back to bangladesh in the next couple of day .

BostonTigers
July 13, 2010, 10:40 AM
he is a good odi batsman

I agree. Our team management has this quality to send good and promising cricketers into the wilderness. Naeem not being selected and then riyad batting so low in the batting order. Riyad is a good batsman who has the ability to bat against any opposition yet he is left to always bat with the tail. Siddons and the team management wake up!

shabbir
July 13, 2010, 10:46 AM
IMO Nayeem is far better team player than Riyad.At least Nayeem is not selfish,He will never play for his average.

wiseshah
July 13, 2010, 10:47 AM
Naeem was there yesterday as i sat 5 metres away from them. I picked him up from the airport and then put him on a train to Birmingham. Saghir is having visa issues as he has to apply for one in bangladesh from the british high commision. I'm not sure whether or not he will come now as Mushfiqur is looking better and wants to playing in the games coming up when i spoke with him yesterday. Rokibul is limping but HAS NOT fractured his toe and will be travelling back to bangladesh in the next couple of day .

thanks for picking him up from airport and put him on a train.

but my question is why u had to do that? where is BCB officials? isnt it part of their job? specially team manager's job.

i think mushfiq should send home too. he is going through bad phase plus he was never been a good keeper and ODI batsman.

ash and mushfiq should go home straight from england.

Tiger444
July 13, 2010, 11:00 AM
thanks for picking him up from airport and put him on a train.

but my question is why u had to do that? where is BCB officials? isnt it part of their job? specially team manager's job.

i think mushfiq should send home too. he is going through bad phase plus he was never been a good keeper and ODI batsman.

ash and mushfiq should go home straight from england.

I dont know why your picking on Mushy so badly..ya hes keeping is not that great but you really want Jahurul with the gloves? He's not even a keeper at the domestic level..and he's averaging a 27 and has a SR of a 74 which is the 3rd best out of all our batsmen..and he just scored a 76 not to long ago at home against England at a very good SR and you want him out?

Green Tea
July 13, 2010, 02:49 PM
http://www.findwaldo.com/fankit/graphics/IntlManOfLiterature/Scenes/AtTheBeach.jpg

Zeeshan
July 13, 2010, 04:28 PM
^ It's funny how the above pic depicts less than handful of 'brothers' in the beach.

bujhee kom
July 13, 2010, 04:39 PM
^^Green Bud, I love this cartoon!

I particularly like the couple over at the very lower right hand side corner, a couple with a very old man on a stick and his tall, young, blonde ladyfriend holding each other's hands....and then how the other young guys around the couple enjoying the scene!

Also, at the axtreme left mid area, what are all those looking at? They all seem looking at something rather! Very Interesting.

Rifat
July 14, 2010, 12:27 PM
I miss Naeem ISlam Particularly the last test he played he scored a fifty against England.

overall in the ODI's he has been decent, sometimes very dissapointing but sometimes given the role that he plays a decent finisher. he needs to bat up the order.

occasionally, his bowling was top class.

therefore:
* he needs to be in the team as a pure batsmen(top order)
* bowling(on a spin friendly pitch :)) otherwise, he will go for runs like the rest of them...

He is a great batsmen for Bangladesh. I personally believe he is the ideal replacement for Mohammad Ashraful because he has enough international experience, and he has succeeded domestically many times with the bat(more than Ashraful!)

He should bat up the order, I believe during his academy years, he turned himself into a batting allrounder and found success with it!(in the international arena, found success 2 out of 7 times with the ball on average) but always on a losing cause :(

remember, we avoided yet another embarrassing loss to Zimbabwe but he was calm, cool and scored 73*...
#5 is the ideal role for him IMO

Catskills
July 14, 2010, 02:36 PM
Naeem is not Siddons' favorite.

Ajfar
July 14, 2010, 03:47 PM
Naem will be back no worries.

Aritro
July 14, 2010, 04:09 PM
I too found it a bit bizzare he was dropped. He's surely strung together enough good performances over a prolonged enough time to be excused his recent slump in form.

To think of the generosity that our selectors extend to certain other members of the side despite years of the most consistently abject failure.

lamisa
July 15, 2010, 03:21 AM
I agree. Our team management has this quality to send good and promising cricketers into the wilderness. Naeem not being selected and then riyad batting so low in the batting order. Riyad is a good batsman who has the ability to bat against any opposition yet he is left to always bat with the tail. Siddons and the team management wake up!

but what can we do?there's not enough room in the middle order.we already have rakib,mushy,jahurul up there.whom would u drop in order to fit in ruyad and naeem?ash thakle arek kotha chilo but ash toh ekhon baad and rokib is in place of him.

BANFAN
July 15, 2010, 06:32 AM
ATM Sleeping in dressing room

nakedzero
July 21, 2011, 08:53 AM
[বাংলা]টেম্পারমেন্ট নিয়ে কোনো সমস্যা নেই বলে মনে করছেন অলরাউন্ডার নাঈম ইসলাম।

তিনি বলেন, "যখন যে ধরনের ক্রিকেট খেলি সেই ক্রিকেটের সঙ্গে নিজেকে মানিয়ে নেয়ার চেষ্টা করি। খেলার পরিস্থিতি অনুযায়ীও তো খেলা পাল্টে নিতে হয়।"

অনেক দিন ধরেই জাতীয় দলের নিয়মিত মুখ তিনি। তবে ঠাঁই হয়নি জিম্বাবুয়েগামী ১৫ সদস্যের দলে। তবে রয়েছেন স্ট্যান্ডবাই হিসেবে। নিয়মিত অনুশীলন করে চলেছেন। আশা করেছেন জিম্বাবুয়েতে একদিনের দলে ঠাঁই মিলবে। সুযোগ পেলে নিজেকে উজাড় করে দেবেন বলে জানিয়েছেন অলরাউন্ডার নাঈম ইসলাম।

বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকমকে বৃহস্পতিবার শের-ই-বাংলা জাতীয় ক্রিকেট স্টেডিয়ামে বলেন, "দলে থাকা না থাকার ব্যাপারটি তো আর আমার হাতে নেই। তবে প্রচুর পরিশ্রম করছি। আশা করছি জিম্বাবুয়েতে একদিনের সিরিজে দলে থাকবো।"

দলের সঙ্গে থেকেও নেই নাঈম, তারপরও প্রধান স্টুয়ার্ট ল ও জেসন সুইফটে মুগ্ধ তিনি। বলেন, "দু'দল দেখছি তাদের, বেশ বন্ধুভাবাপন্ন মনে হয়েছে। তবে ব্যক্তিগতভাবে কোনো কথা হয়নি। কেউ কেউ হয়তো তার সঙ্গে কথা বলেছেন। তবে আমার সঙ্গে এখনো কথা হয়নি।"

ফিল্ডিং কোচ জেসন সুইফটকে নিয়ে নাঈম বলেন, "সুইফট কোনো কিছু চাপিয়ে দিচ্ছেন না। নতুন কোচদের চিন্তাভাবনা বেশ অগ্রসর। আগে খেলোয়াড়দের বোঝে নিতে চাচ্ছেন তিনি।"

স্ট্যান্ডবাই হিসেবে থাকা নাঈম ইসলাম, অলক কাপালী, সোহরাওয়ার্দী শুভ, সগির হোসেন ও সৈয়দ রাসেল ইনডোরে অনুশীলন করছেন। জাতীয় দলের প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচ না থাকলে দলের সঙ্গে কোচের তত্ত্বাবধানে কোচিং করেন এই স্ট্যান্ডবাই খেলোয়াড়রা। তবে ম্যাচ থাকলে অনুশীলন নিজেদেরই করতে হয়।

নাঈম বলেন, "জিম্বাবুয়ে সফরের কারণে সবাই জাতীয় দল নিয়ে ব্যস্ত। তাই ইনডোরে আমরা নিজেরাই অনুশীলন করছি। তবে জাতীয় দলের ম্যাচ না থাকলে এক সঙ্গে অনুশীলন করি।"

জিম্বাবুয়ের বিপক্ষে বাংলাদেশ ভালো করবে বলে বিশ্বাস করেন নাঈম। তিনি বলেন, "জিম্বাবুয়ের বিপক্ষে বরাবরই আমরা ভালো করি। আশা করছি এবারও দল ভালো করবে।"

তিনি বলেন, "একদিনের খেলোয়াড় হিসেবে আমাকে চিহ্নিত করা হলেও বড় দৈর্ঘ্যরে ক্রিকেটেও ভালো করছি। জাতীয় লিগেও ভালো করেছি। পরিস্থিতি অনুযায়ী নিজেকে মানিয়ে নেয়ার চেষ্টা করি। তবে ক্রিকেট শেষ পর্যন্ত রানের খেলা। আমি রান করলাম কী না সেটা গুরুত্বপূর্ণ।"[/বাংলা]

SOURCE (http://cricket.bdnews24.com/bangla/details.php?id=165645&cid=)

Jadukor
July 21, 2011, 09:57 AM
তিনি বলেন, "একদিনের খেলোয়াড় হিসেবে আমাকে চিহ্নিত করা হলেও বড় দৈর্ঘ্যরে ক্রিকেটেও ভালো করছি। জাতীয় লিগেও ভালো করেছি। পরিস্থিতি অনুযায়ী নিজেকে মানিয়ে নেয়ার চেষ্টা করি। তবে ক্রিকেট শেষ পর্যন্ত রানের খেলা। আমি রান করলাম কী না সেটা গুরুত্বপূর্ণ।"[/বাংলা]

SOURCE (http://cricket.bdnews24.com/bangla/details.php?id=165645&cid=)
Run korte parle toh kono kothai chilona jehitu decent bowling paare. Worldcup er squad e chilo and these were his scores 2,29,1,0,8.

Murad
July 21, 2011, 10:02 AM
"যখন যে ধরনের ক্রিকেট খেলি সেই ক্রিকেটের সঙ্গে নিজেকে মানিয়ে নেয়ার চেষ্টা করি। খেলার পরিস্থিতি অনুযায়ীও তো খেলা পাল্টে নিতে হয়।"

Hmm bhaloi maniye nite paro. Shei jonnei to PP overs e 4/5 ball thekaiya 1 run koro.

roman
July 21, 2011, 10:09 AM
kothai boro na hoye kaaje boro hobe...ki jeno kobitar line ta?

Tigers_eye
July 22, 2011, 06:42 AM
Run korte parle toh kono kothai chilona jehitu decent bowling paare. Worldcup er squad e chilo and these were his scores 2,29,1,0,8.
And then scores a century to Make Rajshahi the winner in the finals!!

Equinox
July 22, 2011, 07:17 AM
He should be in the Test squad definitely. But he doesn't add any value to the LOI squads. Nasir is a much better option be it in bowling (KMS rated him as the best off-spinner in the country) or quick-scoring.

Banglaguy
July 22, 2011, 08:13 AM
He should be in the Test squad definitely. But he doesn't add any value to the LOI squads. Nasir is a much better option be it in bowling (KMS rated him as the best off-spinner in the country) or quick-scoring.

His Bowling is actually the Second best against the G8 nations for Bangladesh.

M.H.Rubel
July 22, 2011, 01:21 PM
Naeem seems a good cricketer to me.His ODI batting is not that much good but i think its too low due to his wrong position.In short version he is a very good bowler and improving quickly.To me basically he is a top order batsman and a good test batsman.Really i ll miss this guy in the tests.To me Naeem is always a better option than experienced Ash or under exposed Suvagoto Hom for a test team.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Jadukor
July 23, 2011, 02:20 AM
And then scores a century to Make Rajshahi the winner in the finals!!
yes i would be very upset if he is left out of the Rajshahi squad in the near future

Rifat
July 23, 2011, 11:17 AM
kothai boro na hoye kaaje boro hobe...ki jeno kobitar line ta?

jibonanondo das?

Rifat
July 23, 2011, 04:33 PM
he had his share of chances, obviously when you score in single digits in the last 3 of your last 5 games as a batsmen, it really doesn't help your cause to be back at the national level? does it? sounds harsh but true!

-As a fan and well-wisher of Naeem

Tiger Manc
July 25, 2011, 07:44 AM
I just noticed, on crapinfo it says Naeem Islam played first-class matches for Rajshahi on 10th and 16th April. A closer inspection will reveal that it was actually Naeem Islam Junior who played those matches! Crapinfo wrongly attribute those figures to Naeem Islam senior instead.