PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that we always loose heavily straight after winning a game against a big team?

ferdous
July 13, 2010, 07:49 AM
Why is it that we always loose heavily straight after winning a game against a big team?
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I remember when we beat India for the first time, the very next match India scored over 300 runs. Same thing happened after beating Australia – England scored over 370 runs.
<o:p></o:p>
After beating India in the world cup, Sri Lanka scored over 300 runs. We were bowled out cheaply against England after beating South Africa in the world cup.
I genuinely believed that we would do well in the final match yesterday. But again it was same thing. It made me sick yesterday watching the way we were smashed all over the ground.
I am trying to find a reason behind these repetitive failures. Can someone please tell me the reasons. Is it that the celebrating too much? They should be more professional in their approach.

Are we not learing from our past mistakes? It was pathetic display by the team.

Abid_Khan
July 13, 2010, 08:10 AM
The Bangladesh cricket team is not consistent on their performances. (Well they are.. consistent on losing :( )

Rifat
July 13, 2010, 10:31 AM
Valid question!

answer: We take too many things for granted, like oh: Kayes scored a fifty last game, therefore he WILL score another fifty again, everyone knows that assumption is wrong!

Shafiul and Rubel bowled exceedingly well, therefore the next match they will deliver again! NO, again, there are assumptions made by fans, Team management and the Team itself alike.

based on these assmuptions fans lose sleep over the illusion of prospective victory, while victory only comes from _______ :saint:

the attitude, the mentality, the work ethic that got you victory in the first place, why lose it after achieving a slight victory?

We need to verify our assumptions!

BanCricFan
July 13, 2010, 10:44 AM
Because with every win we develop a sense of over achievement and, therefore, become giddy. Just like our cricketers after scoring a 50 think the job is done for rest of the year -never mind the match.

Because we become too happy with too little. If only this was also true with our desire for wordly goods!

WarWolf
July 13, 2010, 11:26 AM
We became satisfied with what we achieve by one win. We think we have reached a level and forget that we need to come harder to win the next one.

magic boy
July 13, 2010, 12:51 PM
actually....before and after a match win, we don't believe that we can win. every win seems a lucky escape. and we think we will get escaped next time too. when exactly the reality bites!

bujhee kom
July 13, 2010, 12:55 PM
I think we eat too much after winning the match and then we go phoottoosh in the next game, ki bolen?

SS
July 13, 2010, 07:10 PM
I think we eat too much after winning the match and then we go phoottoosh in the next game, ki bolen?

Agree they already were thinking about the dinner party...

simon
July 13, 2010, 08:09 PM
hard to answer but I think 1st of all we r not consistent engh to repeat the same gr8 performance in consecutive matches.
2ndly after we win when we play the next match(whether with the same opposition or not) our opponents take us more seriously than ever.

max410
July 13, 2010, 10:22 PM
Why is it that we always loose heavily straight after winning a game against a big team?
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I remember when we beat India for the first time, the very next match India scored over 300 runs. Same thing happened after beating Australia – England scored over 370 runs.
After beating India in the world cup, Sri Lanka scored over 300 runs. We were bowled out cheaply against England after beating South Africa in the world cup.
I genuinely believed that we would do well in the final match yesterday. But again it was same thing. It made me sick yesterday watching the way we were smashed all over the ground.
I am trying to find a reason behind these repetitive failures. Can someone please tell me the reasons. Is it that the celebrating too much? They should be more professional in their approach.

Are we not learing from our past mistakes? It was pathetic display by the team.

we lack in consistency we need mental strength , and the players need to improve on their self esteem, i also believe we badly need wicket taking bowlers or a bowling coach , BD bowlers should practice hard everyday if possible to fix their line an length first and variations of delivery and study the weak points of word class batsmen and work on it. I am sure the coach is going to help them with that .I am sure even with 77-83-84 miles/hour u should be able to bowl at a good line and length which threaten the batsmen and not to give away too many loose deliveries. IF bd bowlers can restrict any side to max 230-250 max they can chase if its beyond 300+ , i don't think the BD batsmen have that capability or skills and courage enough to try to score big runs.
most important thing as i saw the last match against ENGLAND is lack of discipline in line and length
sometimes i believe we all Bengalis have DISCIPLINE problems lolz

shakibrulz
July 13, 2010, 10:48 PM
Because other teams put their 100% in their next match and 'we' get satisfied after the usual 'quota'.

al-Sagar
July 14, 2010, 02:45 AM
porer match ta amra halka bhabe nei .....

shakibrulz
July 14, 2010, 03:22 AM
Can't blame the batsman, no one can outta the blue chase 350 against England in their wildest dreams.. Especially the kind of form they are in now...

Bowling is the real concern. If bowlers can restrict them atleast to like 250-270 range then sure, BD can win more matches. With Jahurul, Tamim, and Siddique, run rate should not be much of a concern, plus Mushy, Shakib, and Mash can all get quick runs.

BangladeshFan
July 14, 2010, 03:39 AM
reason is our one-off wins are fluke. by the law of probability we win one in a hundred. then the opponent gets serious and puts us in our place. have we ever managed to win a match against a good opponent, when it really mattered? I think not.

also countries like zimbo can improve quickly but not us. even after five years, i can see Bangladesh continuously and "heavily losing ever after".

Nadim
July 14, 2010, 04:07 AM
Over Confident?

Imteaz
July 14, 2010, 05:58 AM
Lack of thinking capability.

lamisa
July 14, 2010, 07:40 AM

maybe they are still having the bad buzz from the party after the match!

beshideshi
July 14, 2010, 08:33 AM
Not entirely true. After our win against SL in January 2009, we almost won the next game as well. [the famous 6-5 game].
But that was an exception, otherwise we tend to lose the "next" game pretty badly.

lamisa
July 15, 2010, 02:43 AM
^^^we only lost that game because of matin!it was his moronic captaincy that cost us the game!i was at the stadium during the match and i rudely gave matin a piece of my mind after the match!:D