PDA

View Full Version : DS report:Tigers shaping up well

MohammedC
July 13, 2010, 03:28 PM
"After two and a half years, we can easily say that this is now not only an improving side but also a good team. I am really satisfied with the way the team is shaping ahead of the World Cup," said a confident Rafiqul.
"We didn't make too many changes in the team for the last two and a half years because our focus was on how we can gel as a team ahead of the World Cup and I can confidently saying that we are on the right track. There was a slip in the Asia Cup but I think too much cricket might play a role behind the poor showing as most of the players were tired," he added

Bagh mama je ki bolen

The former national cricketer was also not bothered with the inconsistent bowling and brittle batting in the middle-order as he believed that everything would be okay before the World Cup.
"You know it's a young side but still they were taught enough under the guidance of our national coach (Jamie Siddons) and they already proved one thing that they have the capability to beat any team in the world in any condition. True there has been lack of consistency and all the departments do not click simultaneously. You can say there has been lack of synchronising effort

We need a good bowling coach

Bangladesh will get a good break after their one-day matches against Ireland, Scotland and Netherlands as New Zealand is scheduled to arrive in Dhaka in September.
Bangladesh may get another series before the World Cup as Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has been trying to arrange a one-day series with West Indies at home in December this year.

New Zealand in September and Windies in December (To be finalised)

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=146710

_Rafi_
July 13, 2010, 03:35 PM
Ah...a daily star report atlast. Why they didnt ask Rafiqul to explain about Ash's inclusion?

nycpro96
July 13, 2010, 04:18 PM
West Indies series sounds great. Especially in our home soil.

Raynman
July 13, 2010, 04:28 PM
A 5 game ODI series with WI will be nice. A chance to close the gap on the rankings.

bujhee kom
July 13, 2010, 04:50 PM
Ohh khoob bhaloo khobor! Thank you Mo bhai!! What is DS source? Our DilScoop?

zainab
July 13, 2010, 05:09 PM
I dont think that Daily Star asked him about a bowling and fielding coach. He says that 20 players will train very hard for 7 months, and he feels that improvement will come. I wonder on which planet he is living. It will take a long time for the bowling, batting and fielding to improve. 7 months is no time IMO.

Purbasha T
July 13, 2010, 05:09 PM
Yesss. WI series. Though everyone's saying we've completed the set of the G8, I don't think so; we are yet to beat a full-strength WI side. So this is the chance.

Ajfar
July 13, 2010, 05:13 PM
That WI tour sounds really good. I hope it will be a 5 match one. Maybe we can even slip a 1 or 2 test matches. And finally erase the asterisk from our win again WI.

max410
July 13, 2010, 10:29 PM
i think the individual BD players should know their weakness and work hard and practice take assistance form coach in order to fix their weak points and not expect the coach to find out, the players should knwo their lacking u will ONLY IMPROVE when you BELIEVE U NEED TO
because the coach will guide u give you practice tips, but he wont go out to play the match the players will.

shakibrulz
July 13, 2010, 10:47 PM
Okay so there's NZ touring this Sep, and WI this December, sounds great. :)

Tigers_eye
July 13, 2010, 11:03 PM
Shabbir- Nasir and so many others are >>> than "I have no clue" Ash.

deshifan
July 13, 2010, 11:03 PM
That's great, specially ahead of the next years ICC world cup. I hope we win the series against the Caribbeans and surprise the Kiwis as we did in Bristol.

beshideshi
July 13, 2010, 11:30 PM
If we get to play WI at home, it would tell us exactly where we stand for the world cup. We need to beat WI in order to qualify and playing them at home would give us a good idea. Also playing NZ would let us know how far are we from the big 8.

mafizraju
July 14, 2010, 02:20 AM
only one series before the world cup...???? There should be a lot of team interested to play in the subcontinent in the run up to the world cup. ...in the run upto world cup we need at least a dozen ODIs. it is good that they are getting a break to fine tune the batting and improve the bowling.......

al-Sagar
July 14, 2010, 02:25 AM
we are supposed to have a ZIM series too.

NZ, ZIM, WI ...... thats a great combo before the WC

zainab
July 14, 2010, 06:04 AM
Yes, I was also wondering about the Zim series. Anyhow, I am sure Siddons will be off to Australia for 1 month, then the boys go home, have a 2 weeks holiday, then it should be training, hard training with their bowling and fielding and fitness program.
All the fast bowlers need proper guidance, and they have to improve a lot on their fielding.
With Siddons not there for a month, they can practice their batting with the bowling machine, I guess.

MohammedC
July 14, 2010, 06:11 AM
^^^ there is good chance Siddons and the boys will have some rest as Ramadan starts next month.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

simon
July 14, 2010, 07:31 AM
we are supposed to have a ZIM series too.

NZ, ZIM, WI ...... thats a great combo before the WC

ya,I thght so too,when is it anyway?
And ya,NZ,ZIM & WI at home,we couldn't ask for more.:)
And also we do need to beat the full strength WI team.

lamisa
July 14, 2010, 07:38 AM
Bagh mama je ki bolen

We need a good bowling coach

New Zealand in September and Windies in December (To be finalised)

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=146710

yaaaaaay,it's my birthday in september,hopefully i get a REALLY good gift then!

BanCricFan
July 14, 2010, 02:55 PM
Bagh mama je ki bolen

"Bagh" mama should be in a straight jacket and kept well away from those magic mushrooms!

al Furqaan
July 14, 2010, 09:51 PM
I'd like to see BCB propose a 3 test, 5 ODI series to WICB.

WI should accept the ODIs no problem, practice for WC in subcontinent...hopefully they'll agree to 2 Tests, if not 3.

nycpro96
July 14, 2010, 10:59 PM
I don't think the Windies are better than us at all, even in test match cricket. Even if they are, they aren't a whole lot better. Marginal difference. And we'd be playing at home conditions. I think NZ in our home conditions would also be a nice challenge. But the 5 ODI 3 Test with the Windies should be a must.

al-Sagar
July 15, 2010, 01:28 AM
ya,I thght so too,when is it anyway?
And ya,NZ,ZIM & WI at home,we couldn't ask for more.:)
And also we do need to beat the full strength WI team.

the zimbabwe series was scheduled in the FTP in novemeber/decemebr tests and odi's... though later converted two more odi's. i think we could have arranged some 4 day games with zimbabwe.

thebest
July 16, 2010, 02:51 AM
Yes we are shaping up nicely to beaten by Nepal if the present management continue

firstlane
July 16, 2010, 03:40 AM
A 5 game ODI series with WI will be nice. A chance to close the gap on the rankings.
Do you think BD will win most number of matches? I like your optimism..

firstlane
July 16, 2010, 03:43 AM
Yes, I was also wondering about the Zim series. Anyhow, I am sure Siddons will be off to Australia for 1 month, then the boys go home, have a 2 weeks holiday, then it should be training, hard training with their bowling and fielding and fitness program.
All the fast bowlers need proper guidance, and they have to improve a lot on their fielding.
With Siddons not there for a month, they can practice their batting with the bowling machine, I guess.

Do bd players use bowling machine at all?

zainab
July 16, 2010, 05:46 AM
^^^ there is good chance Siddons and the boys will have some rest as Ramadan starts next month.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Well, there goes Siddons, off to Australia for a month and no trainng for the boys for one whole month, they will only get rustier and lose form. Well six months is better than nothing.

MohammedC
July 16, 2010, 08:45 AM
Well, there goes Siddons, off to Australia for a month and no trainng for the boys for one whole month, they will only get rustier and lose form. Well six months is better than nothing.

Sister Zainab. Its Ramadan and if they are not playing their is very good chance they will be off so will be Siddons or any other coach.

You should visit Bangladesh during the holy month of Ramadan and you will understand.

Tiger444
July 16, 2010, 08:48 PM
Wow some people are really excited about playing the Windies..we have to remember that they are better then us by some distance..if we cant even beat Ireland consistently then how do you guys think we could beat the Windies? Ya its in our conditions but beating them in a series would be hard..Gayle alone could rip our pacers on his day..also he's a pretty good player of spin..Chanders would also be a menace to play against as well..if Sarwan plays also then that would make our life much more difficult..with us against their attack Tamim could destroy the Windies as well but if they have Taylor and Edwards play they could pepper us with a lot of short balls..I'm not saying we won't beat them but it will be tough for the boys..winning a 1 off match doesn't seem hard for the boys but when it comes down to series we struggle..

Rifat
July 17, 2010, 01:34 AM
Bangladeshi Batsmen could learn a lot from the Guyanese Batsmen: Shivnarayan Chaunderpaul.

amazingly Hard Worker...runs no problem for him...very crabby technique but one of the amazingly grittiest batsmen i have ever seen!

has denied many bowling lineups in his career by himself just defending and defending away...:) and Saving Windies tests by brilliant hundreds after hundreds after hundreds...

Rifat
July 17, 2010, 01:41 AM
on another note: Ramadhan should not be an excuse for off form.

Take the challenge and do both :) it builds up character and carries it into blessing in real life :)

I encourage Bangladeshi players to Train at least an hour Everyday at SBNS or local stadium with the whole team regardless of their personal choice to fast or not!

Ramadhan is not a vacation time...life carries on, you still have to go to work! you can choose to rest but the real test of character lies when you go through the sacrifice, you will understand the real meaning of ramadhan when you do your everyday normal chores while fasting...not just sleeping on it :)

I remember, back in 2008, Bangladesh were going through the worst of form during the summer(in australlia, 74 all out :lol:), Ramadhan came and they re-energized and the very next match we played we beat New Zealand (october 10, 2008) quite comfortably...:) amazing memory as new Zealand lost 6 wickets very quickly Alhamdulillah!

al-Sagar
July 17, 2010, 02:55 AM
on another note: Ramadhan should not be an excuse for off form.

Take the challenge and do both :) it builds up character and carries it into blessing in real life :)

I encourage Bangladeshi players to Train at least an hour Everyday at SBNS or local stadium with the whole team regardless of their personal choice to fast or not!

Ramadhan is not a vacation time...life carries on, you still have to go to work! you can choose to rest but the real test of character lies when you go through the sacrifice, you will understand the real meaning of ramadhan when you do your everyday normal chores while fasting...not just sleeping on it :)

I remember, back in 2008, Bangladesh were going through the worst of form during the summer(in australlia, 74 all out :lol:), Ramadhan came and they re-energized and the very next match we played we beat New Zealand (october 10, 2008) quite comfortably...:) amazing memory as new Zealand lost 6 wickets very quickly Alhamdulillah!

they should undergo classes of tactics and strategies of cricket.... mental toughness etc
they should keep on light to moderate training, they should watch videos of their mistakes and try to figure out how they can rectify it ..... lots of thing can be done if there is a will to do

zainab
July 17, 2010, 07:02 AM
they should undergo classes of tactics and strategies of cricket.... mental toughness etc
they should keep on light to moderate training, they should watch videos of their mistakes and try to figure out how they can rectify it ..... lots of thing can be done if there is a will to do

Exactly my thoughts, light training can be done, they need weight training, especially Shafi, batting for short period of time will not drain their energy badly. I think the best time to train is after the morning meal, they can drink as much as they can, and if they train lightly for 2 hours, should be OK. In Canada, construction workers keep fast, road workers, last Ramadan, two guys who were working on my driveway were fasting, and did a lot of bending and lifting.

MohammedC
July 17, 2010, 07:31 AM

Thats ok. But to have full physical excercise in Bangladesh during Ramadan, are you mad?

You want kill the boys. Why?

I see offstump has the right idea. But others who are from Bangladesh you should know better.

Rifat
July 17, 2010, 02:34 PM
Thats ok. But to have full physical excercise in Bangladesh during Ramadan, are you mad?

You want kill the boys. Why?

I see offstump has the right idea. But others who are from Bangladesh you should know better.

one hour-two hours of light-moderate training shouldn't hurt :)

bujhee kom
July 17, 2010, 11:42 PM
They need to fast! Practice solf control and martial arts and long distance running! They need to fast, pray and meditate! And also lift weight! When eating they need to eat fruits and fresh vegetables and high protein of red lean meat!!! And corns and rice!! Lemon, Jamburas!

al-Sagar
July 18, 2010, 12:32 AM
hang on ...........

they should train at night and sleep in the DAY during their fast ... ...