PDA

View Full Version : Good pace prospects?

shakibrulz
July 14, 2010, 02:10 AM
Another thread by ignorant me :-D

So, are there any? I mean who showed promise in the domestic level? Pacers are the key to success, especially overseas. Shafiul is good but still raw.. Rubel is good and pacy.. And of course the skipper Mash is the spearhead of them all.. Shahadat is alright too..

Wanted to know if there are any more promising prospects in the domestic level.. :smug:

Nadim
July 14, 2010, 03:41 AM
Sajidul Islam (http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/227454.html)(Should have been a regular bowler for the Nt team in longer version but injury is ruining his career)

Subashis Roy (http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/301847.html)(Most promising pacer atm...not far away from getting a NT call)

Emon Ahmed (http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/373697.html)

Talha Jubair (http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56180.html) (Made his debut in 2001 @ age of 16/17...But soon injury ruined his career but seems he is coming back to his best but lost alot of pace BUT improved in accuracy.Can be a handy ODI bowler)

There is few more from U19...But nothing special...

max410
July 14, 2010, 04:40 AM
NICE BUT WE NEED REALLY GENUINE QUICK WITH GOOD PACE AROUND 90+ MPH AND GOOD LINE AND LENGTH ABLE TO TAKE WICKETS AND CONSISTENT PERFORMANCE IS EVERY GAME , i guess we wont have that kind of pacers due to our growth and physical strength and body structure is not like aussies west indians or pakistanis .
the food is our country lacks proper nutrition for the body as well.

Baundule
July 14, 2010, 05:00 AM
I am not aware of the current players in the league. So, do not know about the prospects.

But surely we can produce good pacers. The first thing we need is good pitches, because pace bowling needs lot of encouragements and not getting wicket can frustrate the bowler, especially when the slow bowlers are taking all the wickets with much less effort.

A pace bowler needs good lifestyle, calculated diet and sound mental and physical health. Height is also a factor; but not a MUST to be a good pacer. For example, Kemar Roach (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kemar_Roach)is only 5'8" and he is a tremendous bowler even at his early twenties.

Control of line-length and swing is more important than speed.

shakibrulz
July 14, 2010, 07:05 AM
Thanks nadim, that was helpful! And good to know that there are actually a few potentials in the pace dept.

Just need accurate bowlers who can bowl at decent pace of course.

shakibrulz
July 14, 2010, 07:11 AM
I am not aware of the current players in the league. So, do not know about the prospects.

But surely we can produce good pacers. The first thing we need is good pitches, because pace bowling needs lot of encouragements and not getting wicket can frustrate the bowler, especially when the slow bowlers are taking all the wickets with much less effort.

Yeah, that's right. But even Pakistani tracks are flat high scoring tracks and still they produce wickets. Srilanka too have fine pacers though their wickets mainly aid spinners.

I think let them play county cricket often, plus organize more A tours abroad. That should help the bowlers a lot.

lamisa
July 14, 2010, 07:32 AM
Yeah, that's right. But even Pakistani tracks are flat high scoring tracks and still they produce wickets. Srilanka too have fine pacers though their wickets mainly aid spinners.

I think let themcounty cricket often, plus organize more A tours abro play ad. That should help the bowlers a lot.

this is the key.also matches for our A team should be arranged for playing with county teams if possible

zainab
July 14, 2010, 07:36 AM
Just read that SLC has appointed Champaka as their fast bowling coach. He is the one who groomed Malinga and Kulasekera, and he plans to groom many fast bowlers for SL.

simon
July 14, 2010, 09:08 AM
I hope Mash gives good support to Rubel & Shafi,and BCB hires a good bowling coach.
Rubel & Shafi should get better before the word cup,I don't think we can rely on Rasel or Shahadat in ODis.

rinathq
July 14, 2010, 10:49 AM
i think Rasel can be a very economical bowler. He needs to stay on the nets and work on his speed a bit. He was good swing. His line, length is also good and pretty consistent. We need a bowling coach. We have so many pacers. We have Dolar, Robiul, Talha, Sharif, Shahadat, Nazmul, Kamrul and many more. All these bowlers are capable of producing good results. The coaches just needs to work with them and we will have a very good Fast bowler stock

nycpro96
July 14, 2010, 11:33 AM
I think Subhashis should be tried out before the world cup.

Miraz
July 14, 2010, 11:54 AM
We have no real quick in the pipeline which is a shame. Subhashis is 82-83 MPH bowler, Alauddin babu also has similar pace and they are probably the quckest among the lot. Sajid is gone after the injury. He had the potential to be a really good Test bowler.

bujhee kom
July 14, 2010, 12:23 PM
Whatever happenned to our Mahbubul Alam Robin, He was the swing prodigy of BD, What happenned to him?

Where is Suman Shaha?
Ziaur Rahman?
Delwar Hossain?
Emon?

Rifat
July 14, 2010, 12:44 PM
I Miss Talha Jobair;

Tareq Aziz, i will never forget his debut against Pakistan back in 2002, that was top class bowling!(I wonder if he still is good?)

Shafiul and Rubel are very very expensive at times, even Syed Rasel lost his charm these days :(

Bangladesh desperately needs economical bowlers at their expense, many ODIS nowadays are lost because one of our pacers conceded 90 runs off 10 overs :lol:

who knows how Long Mashrafee Mortaza will keep his amazing newfound form?

my solution:

** use Rubel and Shafiul for Tests
** continue to use them for ODI's until we find more economical Pacer!

Rifat
July 14, 2010, 12:47 PM

A pace bowler needs good lifestyle, calculated diet and sound mental and physical health. Height is also a factor; but not a MUST to be a good pacer. For example, Kemar Roach (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kemar_Roach)is only 5'8" and he is a tremendous bowler even at his early twenties.

Control of line-length and swing is more important than speed.
this is the missing ingredient for Shafiul and Rubel. I am very sure if these two can master this skill. Lo! behold! we have a deadly bowling attack!!

because then they would have both qualities: Line and Length AND Speed...very deadly indeed:smug:

_Rafi_
July 14, 2010, 02:11 PM
Is that true Indian are not making enough fast bowler because they are vegeteriens and Pakistan making countless fast bowlers because they are meat eating country?

Neel Here
July 14, 2010, 03:07 PM
Is that true Indian are not making enough fast bowler because they are vegeteriens and Pakistan making countless fast bowlers because they are meat eating country?

lol, it has more to do with cricketing culture than anything else, just like India produces batsman and BD produces left-arm spinners. large areas of India are as non-vegetarian as pakistan (punjab, kerala etc). pakistan's per capita meat consumption is at same level as BD and India.

lastly, India's fastest bowler of modern times srinath who was also one the quickest in the world at the time was 100% vegetarian. didn't stop him from clocking above 150k's/

bujhee kom
July 14, 2010, 03:12 PM
Amar mone hoi amra besi bhaat khai aar dail khai, tar jonne jure bowl korte pari naa, amra moota manus!

_Rafi_
July 14, 2010, 03:30 PM
lol, it has more to do with cricketing culture than anything else, just like India produces batsman and BD produces left-arm spinners. large areas of India are as non-vegetarian as pakistan (punjab, kerala etc). pakistan's per capita meat consumption is at same level as BD and India.

lastly, India's fastest bowler of modern times srinath who was also one the quickest in the world at the time was 100% vegetarian. didn't stop him from clocking above 150k's/

thanks for the info. Srinath was one of my fav bowlers.

Rifat
July 14, 2010, 03:31 PM
Indian bowler Ishant Sharma is also very pacy and accurate bowler!

Ajfar
July 14, 2010, 03:37 PM
I wanna know what do these players do during off season? For example right now we don't have any domestic cricket or any A team tour or Academy tour. What are these bowlers doing to keep up with their fitness and not get rusty? As far as I know the facility at Mirpur is only available for the National team player (I might be wrong) so where do these players go to work out? Are they on their own or are they staying in touch with their coach and what not.

BASSMAN
July 14, 2010, 04:26 PM
Bangladesh will rarely produce world class pacers like Mashrafee.

They will be able to produce very good spinners and decent batsman.

I think they should to their strenghts

max410
July 14, 2010, 10:51 PM
to be good pacer u need everything not just line and length u need combination of , swing, pace, line and length as well as well disguised slower deliveries , ability to bowl yorkers , bouncers, body fitness everything is important. First when the line and length is consistent then the bowler can work on speed etc.
you also need mental development to be able to study the batsman's psychology of what shot he will play next

lamisa
July 15, 2010, 03:02 AM
btw,where is tapash baishya and farhad reza?

max410
July 15, 2010, 06:47 AM
btw,where is tapash baishya and farhad reza?

they are out of form and not good enough for international standards nowdays