PDA

View Full Version : ** Official Current Out of form players **

chotpoti
July 15, 2010, 08:06 AM
This thread is made for the players that are out of form currently. Lets talk about 'em all here in lieu of opening thread for each.

Currently : RIAD: really gotta do something..Either move him up or bring in Naeem
Tamim : Not that good in Odi....plays too many shots outside the zone!!

Equinox
July 15, 2010, 08:11 AM
In order:
Mahmudullah
Shakib Al Hasan

No point in putting Ash down. He is not "current" out of form. He is always out of form.

BANFAN
July 15, 2010, 08:17 AM
TI & Mushi both are big time out of form, infact except Shaky Kayes and Junaid almost all of them are out of form.

chotpoti
July 15, 2010, 08:18 AM
In order:
Mahmudullah
Shakib Al Hasan

No point in putting Ash down. He is not "current" out of form. He is always out of form.

hehe...Couldn;t agree more

Nadim
July 15, 2010, 08:20 AM
No chotpoti = No form :(

wiseshah
July 15, 2010, 08:38 AM
out of form

mushfiq
riad
ashraful
sakib

al-Sagar
July 15, 2010, 09:13 AM
No chotpoti = No form :(

CHOTPOTI should be the official food for BD cricket team

meazz1
July 15, 2010, 09:19 AM
ATM, all players are out of form.
Once in a while, any given player performs better than the average BD players.

That definitely does not mean that player is in form.

nycpro96
July 15, 2010, 10:03 AM
junaid and mash are only ones in form

bdtiger
July 15, 2010, 10:28 AM
Ashraful is always out of form (atleast from last few years). Recently Riyad and Naeem have the same desease.

Imteaz
July 15, 2010, 11:11 PM
Who is inform in our team? Being in form means performing well consecutively. Every Bangladeshi player lost form if they perform well in a single match.

magic boy
July 15, 2010, 11:23 PM
CHOTPOTI should be the official food for BD cricket team

and thinking the reaction of having regular chotpoti, SMC'r Orsalinehttp://i31.tinypic.com/14cqr2t.jpg should be the official drinks!

zainab
July 16, 2010, 06:05 AM
All the players are out of form, sad to see that they cannot gel properly. I wonder if Tamim has some sort of brains to know that in the last 7 or 8 ODIs, he has not really scored, have given his wicket away by making stupid shots, and one BD newspaper referred to him as the in form batsman, I wonder where is the in form, he has not scored a half century of even 30 runs in any match, just slashes and gives away his wicket, cannot last for 5 overs. I am so disappointed at him, because he is a good player when you watch that century against ZIM.

rahat90
July 16, 2010, 02:25 PM
i fink riyad is the only one who is really out of form
maybe mushy too

tamim and shakib (bat) were, but theyve done ok in irish ODIs

billah
July 16, 2010, 02:29 PM
Chotpoti (bhaia/apu): would you please clarify the criteria for the "Official" title. We've been doing a lot of populist polls and killing a lot of hati-ghora on this site. Confusing this....

Raynman
July 16, 2010, 02:35 PM
Can we define 'in form' please.

In my opinion 10 innings is a fair stretch to judge. If within those 10 innings you have 5 noteworthy innings (average doesn't count, its the number of NOTEWORTHY innings). Now Noteworthy is not based on the number itself but the match situation. For example, I would count Mash's innings in the win vs. ENG as noteworthy given the match circumstances. 50+ scores count (even if they were inconsequential like Junaed and Kayes vs. Pakistan).

So my take is that if you don't have 5 noteworthy innings in your last 10 innings, you are out of form and should feel threatened for your place in the team. A last effort Century/Half Century can buy you 1 or 2 more innings but nothing more.

This will let the players know where they stand.

Raynman
July 16, 2010, 02:36 PM
^^ By my definition, Shakib should lose his place in the team as a batsman/all-rounder. He does of course make the team as a bowler.

rahat90
July 16, 2010, 02:42 PM
Can we define 'in form' please.

In my opinion 10 innings is a fair stretch to judge. If within those 10 innings you have 5 noteworthy innings (average doesn't count, its the number of NOTEWORTHY innings). Now Noteworthy is not based on the number itself but the match situation. For example, I would count Mash's innings in the win vs. ENG as noteworthy given the match circumstances. 50+ scores count (even if they were inconsequential like Junaed and Kayes vs. Pakistan).

So my take is that if you don't have 5 noteworthy innings in your last 10 innings, you are out of form and should feel threatened for your place in the team. A last effort Century/Half Century can buy you 1 or 2 more innings but nothing more.

This will let the players know where they stand.

lets not get too philosophical about this though
i think everyone would agree that riyad is out of form, and that tamim/shakib were until today.

Miraz
July 16, 2010, 02:49 PM
When batsmen loses hunger for win and plays for personal average. Everey batsman by default should be counted as out of form. They will eventually become out of form in this process anyway.

Raynman
July 16, 2010, 03:39 PM
lets not get too philosophical about this though
i think everyone would agree that riyad is out of form, and that tamim/shakib were until today.

correction, Tamim & Shakib had a good day today. If they carry it on and have it more frequently they will be considered in form.

Dilscoop
July 16, 2010, 03:44 PM
When batsmen loses hunger for win and plays for personal average. Everey batsman by default should be counted as out of form. They will eventually become out of form in this process anyway.
That's exactly why guys like Riyad Rahim lost their form after getting their maiden 100s. It's like they are done for now. That's exactly why Tamim gets out after scoring a 100. He gets compared with Sehwag, but Sehwag carries on and scores 300.

I am afraid about Siddique. He just got his ODI 100. Who knows where he is headed.