PDA

View Full Version : What we need to do to go back to winning!

FagunerAgun
July 15, 2010, 12:21 PM
What we need to do to go back to winning!
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P><FONT face=Some readers may react, “Again the same topic! This topic has been discussed in this forum so many times? This time, it is FaguerAgun!”<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I would like to humbly retort, “Every time we feel pain, we use the same language of expression, we cry, we scream. Today, this article is a ‘no difference’ as some of us are in a pain because of humiliation.”<o:p></o:p>
Our proud tigers are mulled by ‘kitties’ today; we cannot think what will happen tomorrow, in the next ODI match against the Associate Ireland.<o:p></o:p>
Ostensibly, some fans and odd critics may jump into a hectic conclusion that our players are not good, not performing well; rather tigers are the ‘kitties’, at least today. <o:p></o:p>
I unwillingly disagree with them because currently we have the best winning team, in my candid opinion.<o:p></o:p>
Then the critics may scowl at my face with their red eyes, “Where is the result then?”<o:p></o:p>
The answer is, “The winning result is not there because we have an enemy within”. <o:p></o:p>
Then a question is bulleted to my heart, “Who is the enemy within?”<o:p></o:p>
“It is BCB – The Bangladesh Cricket Board.”<o:p></o:p>
BCB has a big think tank full of greed, and devoid of foresightedness and good intention; BCB has lot of leaders who know well how to make money.<o:p></o:p>
Some readers may get irate with me as the answer is still not there and ask, “Then where is the problem?”<o:p></o:p>
The answer is, “Our players are jet legged and simply exhausted because of too much flying and playing too many matches in a short period of time. When players are exhausted then their brain and body do not work properly and thus unable to perform well.”<o:p></o:p>
“Is it a rocket science to check the calendar and adjust our team’s schedules to retain the best national interest?<o:p></o:p>
The answer is, “No”.<o:p></o:p>
“Then why does it happen?”<o:p></o:p>
The answer is, “This team is a money making machine for BCB. More games they play, more money they earn for BCB, so BCB does not care for win or loss, we know there is no transparency in BCB budgeting. Those who are working big for BCB are really lucky from a BD perspective.”<o:p></o:p>
Some say, “You cannot expect any thing good and improved from the corrupts and incompetents.”<o:p></o:p>
Some readers even might have got more irate, “Well enough! But what do we need to do to go back to winning?”<o:p></o:p>
My suggestions kindly: <o:p></o:p>
1.The Honorable and internationally well recognized Sports Minister should come forward to sack some key BCB ‘politicians and strategists’ even with some loss of his party interest but for the sake of the bigger national interest and appoint a professional CEO, like the one we had before from Zimbabwe (I think his name is Mr.Dudyia), who can manage and direct with professionalism, innovation, foresightedness and integrity to a new direction of rebuilding a strong domestic infrastructure and turning this national team to a winning team, furthermore, to create and retain a winning and ‘do your best’ organizational culture in BCB.<o:p></o:p>
2. BCB should come out of the prejudice shell: “Only big foreign coaches/players can better train/coach/direct our national team.” Please allow former BD players to coach for a time being, if they fail then there will be no loss but gain – at least BCB will save some money in terms of salary/compensation/fat vacation. We easily get bored with our less expensive domestic coaches but not with our expensive foreign coaches, may be, because of our big purple hearts with a unique sense of hospitality; but unfortunately, in the professional sports, only performance counts.<o:p></o:p>
3. Appoint some key and competent planners and strategists in BCB who are patriotic and willing to make schedules for the team with ease so that our players will not be exhausted like this.<o:p></o:p>
Innovations and good intentions have changed the world in a positive way and they will, but they come from quality individuals.

Fahim
July 15, 2010, 12:26 PM
i see ur point man but the reality is simply that BCB quite frankly dont give a s**t as to what you (and all of us) think

FagunerAgun
July 15, 2010, 12:34 PM
i see ur point man but the reality is simply that BCB quite frankly dont give a s**t as to what you (and all of us) think
I understand. That is why my first suggestion is a 'political intervention' to shake up BCB.

bujhee kom
July 15, 2010, 12:38 PM
^^Totally agree FagunerAgun bhaiya!! Totally!

Roni_uk
July 15, 2010, 04:35 PM
Play more matches with Kenya.

Equinox
July 15, 2010, 04:42 PM
Yes and identifying a proper finisher + fixing the batting order might help too...

FagunerAgun
July 15, 2010, 04:44 PM
Play more matches with Kenya.
Roni, The way we played today, we may even lose with Kenya.

deshprem
July 16, 2010, 12:05 AM
im glad someone has shot the nail on its head. insted of blaming the coach.

al-Sagar
July 16, 2010, 01:06 AM
we need to win matches..... to get back to winning ....... kibhabe ..... no idea

zainab
July 16, 2010, 06:18 AM
Nothing will change, BD will continue on their losing ways, and the World Cup in their backyard will show this.
No one in the team management or the Board is facing up to the stark reality, they have a cloud over their eyes, and IMO, they do not care about cricket or the boys. No one speaks up, no one criticizes, everyone looks away, closes their eyes and do not want to admit to the shortcomings.
Now, they should watch and see how the new SL members of their board is handling the board and the cricketers, they might learn a thing or two.

rahat90
July 16, 2010, 05:48 PM
how to win an odi game?
bat well, bowl well, field well
take the singles on offer, turn 1s into 2s, punish the bad balls. accelerate when needed
bowl good line and length make batsman work hard for their runs
take care whilst fielding no fumbles or dropped catches

do all that and we will win. simples

FagunerAgun
July 16, 2010, 11:45 PM
how to win an odi game?
bat well, bowl well, field well
take the singles on offer, turn 1s into 2s, punish the bad balls. accelerate when needed
bowl good line and length make batsman work hard for their runs
take care whilst fielding no fumbles or dropped catches

do all that and we will win. simples
Well, our players simply could not do these simple things until they won the 2nd ODI against England, which is the first ODI win in 2010.
We are here trying to find out why our players simply can not do the simple things.

aniksh1
July 17, 2010, 01:17 AM
We Bangladeshis are full of excuses...

BANFAN
July 17, 2010, 03:52 AM
we need to win matches..... to get back to winning ....... kibhabe ..... no idea

Just like our coach ... :)

BANFAN
July 17, 2010, 04:14 AM
We Bangladeshis are full of excuses...

And we are this time beaten by an Australian. What a shame ;)

FagunerAgun
July 18, 2010, 10:22 AM
Yes, at last, there is a well expected political intervention coming to BCB.

The State Minister of Sports Mr. Ahad Ali discussed the cricket team and their recent failures in the National Parliament of Bangladesh.

The Hon. Minister proposed some plans for enhanced coaching in batting and bowling, and some other improvements.

Hope these plans are not mere eloquence for a political gain, these will be worked on in a timely and effecive manner.

Then BCB and the team will well be shaken up, and do their best. We will be able to see its positive reflection in the near future.

We will get back to winning.

Did the Minister visit BC!:-p