PDA

View Full Version : Kick out Razzak, bring in Naeem.

fsally
July 15, 2010, 07:28 PM
Why is Razzak in the team? Seriously. The guy keeps firing his balls down the legside over and over again. Bring in Naeem instead. At least we have more variety in our bowling by not having 2 slow left arm bowlers. Naeem can also bat and bring vital runs at the end of the innings - something we are missing right now.

nycpro96
July 15, 2010, 07:57 PM
We desperately need Naeem. I don't really know why he was ever dropped. A man who was pretty much one of the best batting prospects if not the best a little more than a year or two ago and gets to bat at 8. I mean what more can we expect. He's not really supposed to be Chokka Naeeem. He deserves a spot in the higher middle order. I know he would perform. Just give him a spot. Don't even need to take out Razzak. He takes wickets once in a while. Take out garbage Riyad.

Murad
July 15, 2010, 08:00 PM
What do you have to say about Shakib then? He too have bowled so many deliveries to the leg side. Most of them were called WIDES.

Razzak bowled well. He was economical.

fsally
July 15, 2010, 08:27 PM
What do you have to say about Shakib then? He too have bowled so many deliveries to the leg side. Most of them were called WIDES.

Razzak bowled well. He was economical.

Razzak bowls on the legs with a leg side field. None of the balls are threatening. Shakib might have a bad day or two at the field but he still manages to take plenty of wickets most matches. Bringing in Naeem also gives variation in our bowling.

WarWolf
July 15, 2010, 08:36 PM
Meaningless thread.

FagunerAgun
July 15, 2010, 08:42 PM
Razzak bowls on the legs with a leg side field. None of the balls are threatening. Shakib might have a bad day or two at the field but he still manages to take plenty of wickets most matches. Bringing in Naeem also gives variation in our bowling.
Spot on. Naeem played a critical role in our success in Tests as well as in ODIs in our West Indies tour. Then he had a short bad patch and was thrown out while other fullbabus good for nothing are sticking to the team like 'roaches'...does not matter how many pest control you use, they are there.

wiseshah
July 15, 2010, 09:45 PM
There are so many non performer and ur eyes are on razzaq, who was 2nd best bowler after mashrafe and got wkt and getting some runs

focus should be on

mushfiq
riad
ashraful
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

yaseer
July 15, 2010, 10:06 PM
Meaningless thread.

Yes indeed.

Imteaz
July 15, 2010, 11:07 PM
Meaningless thread.

Right.

al-Sagar
July 16, 2010, 12:03 AM
Meaningless thread.

exactly....

Fahim
July 16, 2010, 12:17 AM
Meaningless thread.

as always

fsally
July 16, 2010, 09:54 AM
Meaningless thread.

How is it meaningless? I want the best selection possible for the playing 11 and I do not think Razzak's bowling is threatening enough for him to be in the playing 11. He's not the bowler he used to be. Having Naeem would add to the batting artillery as well. We need someone like Naeem in the slog overs to boost up the team score and at the moment, our lower order hardly shows any intent, apart from Mashrafe. Getting back Naeem in the team would mean removing either Mahmudullah or Razzak and I'd rather have an all rounder in the team.

Nadim
July 16, 2010, 09:56 AM
Meaningless thread.

Yes indeed.

Right.

exactly....

as always

LOL

take it easy guy's :)

rahat90
July 16, 2010, 09:58 AM
it is meaningless because look at the odi today.
we played 4 bowlers, and definately missed the 5th bowler.
raz shak mashrafe and shafi all did their job today, but faisal and mahmu (what more can u expect?) were the 5th and 6th best bowlers out there.
and now u saying drop another bowler to facilitate a batsman??? that will completly ruin the balance of our team.
im OK for bringin naeem in. but at this moment in time it has to be for either riyad or riyad

rahat90
July 16, 2010, 10:01 AM
How is it meaningless? I want the best selection possible for the playing 11 and I do not think Razzak's bowling is threatening enough for him to be in the playing 11. He's not the bowler he used to be. Having Naeem would add to the batting artillery as well. We need someone like Naeem in the slog overs to boost up the team score and at the moment, our lower order hardly shows any intent, apart from Mashrafe. Getting back Naeem in the team would mean removing either Mahmudullah or Razzak and I'd rather have an all rounder in the team.

brother i understand your frustration
but 'best 11' does not always mean the best 11 players
rather it means the best combination of players. yes naeem can add abit of variety with his off spinners, but u must understand that he is a part time bowler at most. playing only 3 full time bowlers in an odi is a recipe for disaster.
i think even today we were one bowler short, maybe rubel could play ahead of faisal? and your talkin about dropping another bowler for batsman??

BANFAN
July 17, 2010, 03:25 AM
Razzak and I also like to include Rasel in that. Worthless players.

dark mage
July 17, 2010, 07:15 AM
Its a meaningless thread. Razzak is undoubtedly a better bowler than Naeem and recently Razzak has been getting wickets. Its true he still isnt the Razzak of old, but give him a break guys, he had to change his bowling action, got injured and stuff. But look at his ODI record, it speaks for him, and like I said, recently, he has been taking wickets, although he is leaking runs. And the other good thing is, Razzaka has been batting well too in the recent matches, not like the time, when he forgot to bat. I still say Razzak is a better bowler than Naeem by some distance

Awla
July 17, 2010, 07:54 AM

:-/Mahmudullah is an allrounder/:) ........:floor:

fsally
July 17, 2010, 01:05 PM
brother i understand your frustration
but 'best 11' does not always mean the best 11 players
rather it means the best combination of players. yes naeem can add abit of variety with his off spinners, but u must understand that he is a part time bowler at most. playing only 3 full time bowlers in an odi is a recipe for disaster.
i think even today we were one bowler short, maybe rubel could play ahead of faisal? and your talkin about dropping another bowler for batsman??

Thanks for understanding. Looking at it that way, yes I do agree that bowling is the main concern and that it would harm our bowling quite a bit.

auntu
July 17, 2010, 01:31 PM
Meaningless thread.
This is the latest BC trend.

fsally
July 18, 2010, 06:40 PM
This is the latest BC trend.

I appreciate your honest opinion. I shared my personal views on what needs to change to make a better Bangladesh cricket team. That was the purpose of me opening this thread. It does not matter if you agree with me or not, but do judge away.

BanArafath
July 18, 2010, 10:37 PM
I appreciate your honest opinion. I shared my personal views on what needs to change to make a better Bangladesh cricket team. That was the purpose of me opening this thread. It does not matter if you agree with me or not, but do judge away.

Are you sure your personal views on what needs to change will make better Bangladesh ??? If you really have good knowledge about cricket and analyse Razzak's bowling performance well enough you should not say to kick out Razzak. Have a look at Razzak's bowling career for ODI and T20:

Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10

ODIs 102 102 5385 4042 144 5/29 5/29 28.06 4.50 37.3 3 2 0
T20Is 13 13 294 328 20 4/16 4/16 16.40 6.69 14.7 1 0 0

Source: www.cricinfo.com

Razzak is a bowler who has got the experience of more than 100 ODI with 144 wickets, the average of 28.06 , economy rate of 4.50. Dropping Razzak who is the second best spin bowler after Shakib would be a bloody foolish idea and playing a part time bowler like Naeem in place of Razzak will not do any good to Bangladesh team.

Razzak needs to work hard on variation and spin the bowl more to do well in test cricket otherwise Enamul Haque jnr. would play instead of him. As long as Razzak is 100% fit to play international cricket , he supposed to be an automatic choice in Bangladesh national team for ODI and T20 for another 5 years atleast.