PDA

View Full Version : Is the tight schedule affecting the form of the players?

shakibrulz
July 16, 2010, 03:04 AM
Test series in England - Asia cup - England tour - And this tour ain't over yet.

Do you guys think that such a schedule might be a reason for the poor performance?

I mean I'm not entirely blaming it on the tour for sure, but such back to back series without ample break is ridiculous.

zainab
July 16, 2010, 05:54 AM
Maybe, and all the losses have dented their confidence, they do not know how to win, they try to perform a bit better and that is all. No help from Siddons, he has no clue how to handle these young lads who have lost their self confidence and cannot rise above it. IMO, they feel badly and very dejected when they lose all the time, and when they go out to play, they just cannot shake it off, maybe, in their minds, IT IS- WELL WE HAVE TO PLAY, SO LET US GET IT OVER WITH, THIS BURDEN IS TOO MUCH. BCB badly needs a sports psychologist, they are allowing Associates to beat them now. Afghanistan has already beaten Ireland, why cant they beat Ireland. Now, if they lose to Scotland and netherlands, it will be a terrible let down to themselves, the country and their fans.
Now, we can fianlly say that BD cricket is crap.

rahat90
July 16, 2010, 02:35 PM
i think u have a point shakibrulz
i think that a 2 month break could do our boys a world of good

simon
July 16, 2010, 03:00 PM
undoubtly!
Imagine if we were playing less than 10 odis every 6 months ,the preparation,the enthusiasme,the energy,the team spirit everything woud have been top cass.
Too much everything is bad.

rinathq
July 16, 2010, 03:06 PM
I dunt agree. When the boys dunt play much. We complain that we need to play more and the reason we loose is because we are out of cricket for so long. This is good for Bangladesh. There is no reason to be tired. Bangladesh are doing well. the proof= beating England. Look at all the other teams. Everyones busy like they should be before the worldcup.

Eshen
July 16, 2010, 03:11 PM
I thinks so. BCB made a big blunder when they agreed to play the Test series in May, right after the T20 WC. That was the time they should have been given a break.

shakibrulz
July 16, 2010, 03:14 PM
I dunt agree. When the boys dunt play much. We complain that we need to play more and the reason we loose is because we are out of cricket for so long. This is good for Bangladesh. There is no reason to be tired. Bangladesh are doing well. the proof= beating England. Look at all the other teams. Everyones busy like they should be before the worldcup.

WTH? One win speaks nothing about fitness. If they ain't fit, then that might heavily contribute to the loss.

BTW since May, now till July, 1 test series of 2 tests, followed by 3 Asia cup odis, followed by 3 england odis, 2 irish odis, and it ain't over yet.. That's 3 months of near non stop cricket with lots of traveling.. Now if you call that not good enough reason to get tired, then I quit. :-D

BCBLFC
July 16, 2010, 05:30 PM
At least they've got some rest from International s coming up. But Shakib will go straight to Worcester but I'm sure in the long term his experience there will be beneficial to Bangladesh cricket

zainab
July 17, 2010, 05:22 AM
They will get one month of rest for the month of Ramadan, Siddons will be holidaying in Australia.
Eid is supposed to be on on the 10th September, so no cricket until after that, so there, lots of rest and also eating and putting on weight, then it is back to square one for these guys.

Raynman
July 17, 2010, 10:22 AM
Schedule is/was fine. The experience and practice was much needed.

The problem is that the same players are doing it all regardless of form and fatigue.

We need separate teams for Tests vs. ODI/T20s based on players abilities.

shakibrulz
July 17, 2010, 11:16 AM
Schedule is/was fine. The experience and practice was much needed.

The problem is that the same players are doing it all regardless of form and fatigue.

We need separate teams for Tests vs. ODI/T20s based on players abilities.

Well, Tamim, Shakib, Jahurul, Zunaed, Shafiul, Mashrafe will be in both formats.. So main players won't still get any rest.. Plus lotsa traveling.. That is a draining.. Both mentally and physically :waiting:

Equinox
July 17, 2010, 12:09 PM
Definitely. We have been playing non-stop against top opposition in various different conditions from the start of the year and that too with more or less the same bunch of players for all formats. The coming break after the Europe tour is a welcome one. If there are any domestic tournys in that period I hope Mash, Shak, Tamim, Zunaed, Mushy and Shafiul are allowed to skip it and rest. New Zealand series at home is an important one and I for one have high expectations.

Raynman
July 17, 2010, 01:21 PM
Well, Tamim, Shakib, Jahurul, Zunaed, Shafiul, Mashrafe will be in both formats.. So main players won't still get any rest.. Plus lotsa traveling.. That is a draining.. Both mentally and physically :waiting:

So rest them here and there an give chances to new comers. It's not as jf winning is the objective anyways
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

_Rafi_
July 17, 2010, 01:34 PM
Partly yes! From the begining of this year we have been playing with G8 countries without any break and got frustated by losing match after match as we didnt play any matches against minnows. Now we are playing with minnows and its gonna be a happy ending of a tough and rough six months of cricket.