PDA

View Full Version : 3 Players

tiger1000
July 16, 2010, 11:21 AM
If you had the choice to pick three current players from any team to play in the Bangladesh team in all formats who would you pick and who would you replace them for in the current Bangladesh team?

My picks
Steyn for Rubel
Asif for Shafiul
Dhoni for kayes or Ashraful(or whoever is playing in that position)

In test i would play four fast bowlers so Shafiul or Rubel would play.

Test team: Iqbal, Siddique(try him as an opener), R Hasan, Dhoni, Shakib, Mahmadullah, Rahim, Steyn, Mortaza, S.Islam, Asif

ODI Team: Iqbal, Siddique(try him as an opener), J Islam, Dhoni, Shakib, Mahmadullah, Rahim, Mortaza, Steyn, Razzak, Asif

WarWolf
July 16, 2010, 11:27 AM
I don't want any one from outside BD in our team.

Ajfar
July 16, 2010, 11:32 AM
I don't want any one from outside BD in our team.

Thank You. There is a reason our team is called "Bangladesh".

Nadim
July 16, 2010, 11:42 AM
"meaningless"

nycpro96
July 16, 2010, 11:43 AM
Thank You. There is a reason our team is called "Bangladesh".

:up:

tiger1000
July 16, 2010, 11:46 AM
I didnt mean anyone from outside bangladesh i meant a player like them

Murad
July 16, 2010, 11:50 AM
I think we should give citizenship to some Afghan pacers. Some of them bowl over 90mph.

FagunerAgun
July 16, 2010, 11:52 AM
A void cricket fantasy!
We have our own brand of cricketers, does not matter good or bad.
Our boys do not need to imitate or 'like to be' any non-BD superstars.

max410
July 16, 2010, 12:32 PM
I think we should give citizenship to some Afghan pacers. Some of them bowl over 90mph.

AFGAN people re very patriotic i don't think it will work out for us, we already have 150 million people the government wont allow expatriates to be bd citizens , even though out of 150 million most of them are useless lolz
i am saying these cos i have some afgan friends they are very brave people more like warriors , they will do anything for their country

shakibrulz
July 16, 2010, 12:38 PM
Dhoni is highly overrated, all hype less substance.

rafiq
July 16, 2010, 12:39 PM
this is a nonsensical thread! i'd pick murali, tendulkar and vivian richards and play only 3, drop all 11 BD players. tamim can be 12th man.

shakibrulz
July 16, 2010, 12:41 PM

It's not important how much they clock, it's all about how consistently they does it.

Dilscoop
July 16, 2010, 12:43 PM
Woah, way to keep things too serious around here. It's not like they are actually going to play. Why are you guys getting offended and all worked up over it? I am sure you have seen this kinda thread in every other forum, and they did not act so critical about it. There are better teams out there, and every team has a wish-list. Wish they had a player like X from Z team. SA needs a spinner. Pak needs some solid batsman, India has many batsmen, but no decent bowlers. etc etc. Lets face it, we have lot of wishes, not just in one department. Just a wish-list, something you wished we had. Or someone like XYZ that we are missing from the XI, who could make our team better. Anyways. Whatever.

My picks:

Mike Hussey - in the middle lower, as a finisher. We dont have any finisher.
Mitchell Johnson - We need a good strike bowler. Also some one who can be a good finisher.
Lasith Malinga - obvious reasons.

Someone like them is badly missing in team team. Few months ago if I had to pick this, it would have been all top order choices. Now it's all middle-lower.

Tamim Iqbal
Jahurul Islam +
Junaid Siddique
Musfiqure Rahim
Shakib Al Hasan 4
Mike Hasan
Methu Johnson 3
Mashrafe Mortaza* 1
Latif Malinga 5
Shafiul Islam 2

Damn. I am missing a 6th bowler.

I wanted to pick Gayle/McCullum to open with Tamim. So we can finally drop the slow fo. And also because you said current players I couldn't pick someone like Klusener or Pollock. Warne or Hayden. I also wanted to pick Tait, but he wont play test. And Malinga is returning to test. So. I also had other past finishers in mind, Craig Mcmillan, Bevan, Symonds. But I took the best one in business right now. Morgan is good too. But hate that fool!

shakibrulz
July 16, 2010, 12:47 PM
^^ Did you see how wayward is Mitch's bowling nowadays?
When he's in form, he's good, otherwise he's worse than ours.

I'd pick Mohammed Aamir, he's young and does fairly well in all the three matches. Agree with the rest.

Dilscoop
July 16, 2010, 12:56 PM
I was looking for someone who can bat a bit. Dale Styen?

May be I should pick a spinner who can bat. Swann? DAMN!! I should have picked WATSON! Open with Tamim too. YA!

dolcevita
July 16, 2010, 12:59 PM
I think a lot of cricket fans want to see : Sehwag and Tamim bat together in TEST
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Equinox
July 16, 2010, 01:03 PM
ODI:
Tamim Iqbal
Andrew Strauss (Can hold down one end, while Tamim goes all out but not as slow as Imrul)
Zunaed Siddique
Mushfiqur Rahim
Shakib Al Hasan
Mike Hussey (Best finisher in the game - even if the whole top order collapses he can single handedly take you to a decent score + master at batting with the tail)
Jahirul Islam+
Mashrafe Mortaza
Mohammad Aamer (On his way to become a lethal bowler)
Shafiul Islam
Abdur Razzak

al-Sagar
July 16, 2010, 01:04 PM
david villa

diego forlan

thomas muellar

Dilscoop
July 16, 2010, 01:05 PM
I think a lot of cricket fans want to see : Sehwag and Tamim bat together in TEST
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

True. But, at the same time, they hate the guy Sehwag. Only if there was a way to put his batting ability in some other body. I know. Gayle/ David Warner! They aren't as good as Sehwag, but close enough. Hayden. But he isnt't current!!

shakibrulz
July 16, 2010, 01:09 PM
I was looking for someone who can bat a bit. Dale Styen?

May be I should pick a spinner who can bat. Swann? DAMN!! I should have picked WATSON! Open with Tamim too. YA!

Twatson sucks. Swan is no better than Shakib.

Allrounder, Steyn can bat a bit.. Or Kallis (though he's a selfish *** :sick: )

shakibrulz
July 16, 2010, 01:10 PM
ODI:
Tamim Iqbal
Andrew Strauss (Can hold down one end, while Tamim goes all out but not as slow as Imrul)
Zunaed Siddique
Mushfiqur Rahim
Shakib Al Hasan
Mike Hussey (Best finisher in the game - even if the whole top order collapses he can single handedly take you to a decent score + master at batting with the tail)
Jahirul Islam+
Mashrafe Mortaza
Mohammad Aamer (On his way to become a lethal bowler)
Shafiul Islam
Abdur Razzak

Fine :smug:

fwullah
July 16, 2010, 01:29 PM
How about Steve Waugh?

If there was ever a wish list, I would want a Bangladeshi citizen (by birth or by parents' birth in BD - whatever) play in domestic cricket of Australia or South Africa or India and then come back to Bangladesh to play in Test cricket for BD.

Dilscoop
July 16, 2010, 01:51 PM
Current. Current cricket players

auntu
July 16, 2010, 02:05 PM
Why would you want to break the most successful opening stand? Also axing the highest scorer in ODI for BD of this year?

rahat90
July 16, 2010, 02:13 PM
shane watson for imrul
dan vettori for razzaq
mike hussey for riyad

Tamim
Watson
Junaid
Jahurul
Shakib
Mushy
Hussey
Vettori
Mashrafe
Shafiul
Rubel

6 bowlers, 4 pacers and two spin
whadddaa teaam!

tiger1000
July 16, 2010, 02:14 PM
most of you guys are taking this thread to seriously you are getting offended over nothing

rahat90
July 16, 2010, 02:32 PM
i think tiger1000 bhai meant this:
not 3 foreign players who we would pick to play for bd
but 3 foreign TYPES of players with identical skills and attributes that we need in the bd lineup. dilscoop put it properly, SA dont want a murali, but they hope that harris had muralis attributes, india dont want steyn but they hope that sreesanth had steyns attributes.
i above dont want watson vettori or hussey to play for bd, but i wish imrul razzaq and riyad were as good as those 3 players
thats what the thread opener meant...i think

tiger1000
July 16, 2010, 03:05 PM
i think tiger1000 bhai meant this:
not 3 foreign players who we would pick to play for bd
but 3 foreign TYPES of players with identical skills and attributes that we need in the bd lineup. dilscoop put it properly, SA dont want a murali, but they hope that harris had muralis attributes, india dont want steyn but they hope that sreesanth had steyns attributes.
i above dont want watson vettori or hussey to play for bd, but i wish imrul razzaq and riyad were as good as those 3 players
thats what the thread opener meant...i think

That is what i meant.

Dilscoop
July 16, 2010, 03:30 PM
Why do you guys wanna drop Shafiul? wtf

tiger1000
July 16, 2010, 03:45 PM

i'll keep him in over Rubel

Dilscoop
July 16, 2010, 03:53 PM
Exactly. Shafiul actually have some brain. And the pace. For a skinny guy he is actually pretty fast. He should build some muscles, he will be quicker. I wanna see him bowl over 90s with same control.

Rubel is just pace. He doesn't know what he is doing. He can throw around 92-93. But he doesn't. He probably asked not to. I can see why. He can't even control the bail at mid 80s.

We don't even have a good fast bowler from the past that could talk to these young players. Mashrafe has his own issues.

tiger1000
July 16, 2010, 04:35 PM
if we had a good bowling coach rubel and shafiul can improve a great deal, you have to remember they are still very young so they should develop physically in the years to come

BANFAN
July 19, 2010, 10:04 AM

Why was he dropped in our first match against Ire? To lose on purpose??

lamisa
July 19, 2010, 10:47 AM
i just wish that we had a great bowling coach like pakistan does.i wonder what shafiul and rubel would have achieved if waqar younis was our coach....

rahat90
July 19, 2010, 03:33 PM
Why was he dropped in our first match against Ire? To lose on purpose??

it seems like everytime shafiul is dropped he responds with a bang.
he was dropped for first test in lords, and came and bowled a lovely spell in old trafford before getting injured.
dropped for 1st odi came back 2nd and was man of the match
he is a true tiger

Imteaz
July 20, 2010, 12:56 AM
Eto kharap obostha je bairer player der nijeder team e khelate hobe? Than we must not have the Test Status.

al-Sagar
July 20, 2010, 03:23 AM
Eto kharap obostha je bairer player der nijeder team e khelate hobe? Than we must not have the Test Status.

then is it time to raise questions about England's test status ??

dark mage
July 20, 2010, 06:33 AM
Man, indeed Sehwag and Tamim batting together is mouthwatering.

However, I always imagine Tamim and Nazimuddin batting together, that would really give us a fiey start for sure. I mean, why is Nazim constantly being ignored even after going through such a sensational form in both local leagues and the games against South Africa A and West indies A?

Tigers_eye
July 20, 2010, 07:16 AM
I don't need 3 players, just one would do for me. Aamer. Left-Arm fast don't grow in trees. Automatically we will have a winning side.

tiger1000
July 21, 2010, 05:33 AM
Aamer is a extremly talented player only 18 and bowls at 90