PDA

View Full Version : New Thread

Imtiazk
July 18, 2010, 01:13 PM
I am trying to enter a new thread. After writing all that, the moment I click the submit button, I am asked to re-enter my user name and password all over again and I lose everything. It wasn't like this before if I remember correctly.

bujhee kom
July 18, 2010, 01:23 PM
So sorry to hear that Imtiaz bhai. It happenned to me once. I had to recreate everything and remember things back and inject later. Can you try to remember things and try recreating the thread again? Best of luck to you Imtiaz bhaiya.

Zeeshan
July 18, 2010, 01:26 PM
One way to circumvent it temporarily would be to check 'remember me on this computer' setting. But why create a new thread anyway? One World will hunt you down...

Imtiazk
July 18, 2010, 01:27 PM
So sorry to hera that Imtiaz bhai. It happenned to me oncve. I had to recreate everything and remember things back and inject later. Can you try to remember things and try recreating the threwad agin,. Best of luck to you Imtiaz bhaiya.

Thank you, Bujhee Kom. For someone with that username, you seem to understand very well and with some sensitivity I might add.

Zeeshan
July 18, 2010, 01:28 PM
Wait...how did you then create THIS thread? :smug:

magic boy
July 18, 2010, 01:31 PM
I am trying to enter a new thread. After writing all that, the moment I click the submit button, I am asked to re-enter my user name and password all over again and I lose everything. It wasn't like this before if I remember correctly.

same thing used to happen to me long time ago.but not now.

Instant Solution: Don't worry if vBulletin Message shows that You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page...just enter name & password and log in. then you will get an option to proceed . Click on that button and you will get all those things you wrote for hours.

Permanent Solution: click remember me while log in to be logged into BC anytime you wish. no such problem will occur anymore.

Peace
July 18, 2010, 01:32 PM
I suffered similar loss sometimes ago. Fortunately, it was only few lines.
what is the size of the loss, Imtiaz bhai?

Imtiazk
July 18, 2010, 01:33 PM
Wait...how did you then create THIS thread? :smug:

I clicked Remember Me as indicated in one of the posts. I have started on War & Peace again !

Imtiazk
July 18, 2010, 01:34 PM
I suffered similar loss sometimes ago. Fortunately, it was only few lines.
what is the size of the loss, Imtiaz bhai?

Thanks, not to worry ! It was just a statistical comparison. I will enter it shortly.

FagunerAgun
July 18, 2010, 01:37 PM
I experienced it last week. Seems to me it is a 'short term memory loss'.

al-Sagar
July 18, 2010, 09:22 PM
never open a new thread again, then u wont face the problem again

Farhad
July 19, 2010, 12:05 AM
I've been there, bro. A while back (almost 2 years), I remember spending a full hour on a statistical analysis thread, the length of which would put VladMamu and Shaad to shame. I ended up walking away from my computer and never getting back to it, but I still remember the experience to this day...

Fortunately, it's easily corrected (unless you use a public computer). Just tick the box to keep you logged in at all times...

crikfreak
July 19, 2010, 08:50 AM
never open a new thread again, then u wont face the problem again

i haven't....:).. to this date i've never opened a thread............

wonder how it feels tho...ur first thread in bc...../:)

BANFAN
July 19, 2010, 09:59 AM

Please click on 'Remember Me' during first log in, to remain logged in :)

Sorry it has been answer, well do it again bro... ;)

lamisa
July 19, 2010, 10:17 AM
it happened with me as well,so from the next time what i have been doing is copying the entire thing in case i have to log in again,then i just paste the whole thing in the new thread/post!

AsifTheManRahman
July 19, 2010, 10:43 AM
This can happen when your session times out due to a long period of inactivity where you are not interacting with the server. So "Remember me" is the way to go.

Baundule
July 19, 2010, 10:48 AM
For not so important thing (say, the suffering factor is 5% if you lose it):

For any text your are going to post to the internet, just use Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+C (messy way to tell that copy the text) before pressing the submit button.

For things with 20% suffering factor:
Open a new word file, do not bother to name or save it, just copy the things you type in the internet also to that word file, say after finishing each paragraph. You will not lose much if internet or that site fails.

50% suffering factor:
Give the word file a name and save it to your computer. While you paste the content to the word file, also press Ctrl+S (save). You will not lose much even in the case of load-shedding.

100% suffering factor:
In addition to doing the above, take at least 2 backups in external hard disks, CDs, DVDs etc. as soon as possible. You may put that file on some server in the internet as well. You will not lose anything even in the case of fire burning your whole house down.

bujhee kom
July 19, 2010, 02:26 PM
Thank you, Bujhee Kom. For someone with that username, you seem to understand very well and with some sensitivity I might add.

Thank you dear Imtiaz bhai, I have the uttermost respect for you all along! Thank you for saying this kind things to me! Imtiaz bhai are you an architect?

Generally a lot of people think I am a pagol.