PDA

View Full Version : Exclude Shakib and Tamim: Are We Able to Compete with Even the Minnows?

WarWolf
July 20, 2010, 12:55 PM
If we exclude Tamim and Shakib from the team what we have there other than a big zero? What happened to Siddon's continuous personal improvement theory? For the first time in my life I am ashemed to be a follower of a team full of big losers.

Allah Maaf Koro.

shakibrulz
July 20, 2010, 01:02 PM
What's wrong with Imrul, Siddique and even Zahurul?

I think the bowling was just above par and fielding sucked hell.

Needed some good slogging in the middle order, fell apart in a heap.

shakibrulz
July 20, 2010, 01:02 PM
...........DP.........

yaseer
July 20, 2010, 01:04 PM
NO.
We do not have enough quality players to compete in international level. No coach can do wonders with the level of players we have. But we have Siddons, who is another "Gadha".

Raynman
July 20, 2010, 01:10 PM
Doesn't look like we are able to compete with them.

WarWolf
July 20, 2010, 01:10 PM
What's wrong with Imrul, Siddique and even Zahurul?

I think the bowling was just above par and fielding sucked hell.

Needed some good slogging in the middle order, fell apart in a heap.
The minnows also have some moderate good players. So our team is not better than them without having Shakib and Tamim.

Ajfar
July 20, 2010, 01:11 PM
First of all We shouldn't even be calling them Minnows. 2nd we lost to Ireland and Dutch with Tamim and Shakib on our team. Who knows what would have happened in that Scotland game.

aniksh1
July 20, 2010, 01:11 PM
I think if we gave the associates the opportunities that we got they wud have done better over the past ten years....ghorar dim tour holo

al-Sagar
July 20, 2010, 01:18 PM
what if we exclude siddons ????

Eshen
July 20, 2010, 01:18 PM
We previously dominated associates and Zim with lesser quality players like SN, JO, Bashar, Rajin, etc. Only difference is that previous players played as a team and the current bunch is playing as individuals.

rahat90
July 20, 2010, 01:19 PM
bloody titwood :@

shakibrulz
July 20, 2010, 01:21 PM
The minnows also have some moderate good players. So our team is not better than them without having Shakib and Tamim.

Imrul and Zunaid were fairly consistent against the G8 too recently. :smug:

Zahurul is inexperienced, but have great potential.

And Tamim, well, he's like Sehwag, not able to replicate his form in Tests in the ODIs. :(

ialbd
July 20, 2010, 01:37 PM
We previously dominated associates and Zim with lesser quality players like SN, JO, Bashar, Rajin, etc. Only difference is that previous players played as a team and the current bunch is playing as individuals.

i agree with this. The 1997 ICC team certainly lacked skills at the individual level but they succeeded as a team. Even when facing the so called 'minnows' they were all in unison and you could see the overall team confidence in everyone's face.

but I must say, the quality of the associates have improved a lot since those days and to beat teams like Ireland, Netherland, Afghanistan... you need to get your team to perform 100% (which was clearly not there today). But this defeat had more of Netherland getting it right rather than Bangladesh losing it...

Its just sometimes when I see Jahurul, Imrul or even Junayed batting, I feel they are just out there to swing bats aimlessly, not too concerned about the consequence of their actions, and no one ever asks them for an explanation for their blunder. Its like 'hoile bhaloi.... na hoile bepar na next time dekha jabe'

cricket_pagol
July 20, 2010, 01:46 PM
I think the target was reasonable today, our bowlers were below par.

revolver
July 20, 2010, 03:51 PM
appauling...even countries like afghan, holland, scotland, irish should call us minnows now

WarWolf
July 21, 2010, 02:26 AM
All of the top level associates are taking players from good test playing nations like SA, Aus, Pak etc. This is a fact that we should accept. This is the reason they are improving so fast. We are stuck to the same place.

Now we have two options. Either taking outsiders like other countries to improve the quality of the team or improve our own standard. The first one is practically not possible. So we must improve ourselves.

Period.

Niceman70
July 21, 2010, 02:36 AM
if they bowl like this then they will never win.

BANFAN
July 21, 2010, 03:50 AM
That's the sign of improvement, see we didnt have them 3 years back. Weldone coach, we will take 15 years to build an 11 and by then we will have vacant places due to retirements. and this vicious cycle will continue, we will never have 11 players at a time to aim for winning. What a concept of development from our beloved (to Some) coach. Weldone ....... The best coach we ever had...

meazz1
July 21, 2010, 08:21 AM
With Shakib and Tamim in all these games and we can't even come close.....
what is the point of this thread?

simon
July 21, 2010, 12:09 PM
Imrul and Zunaid were fairly consistent against the G8 too recently. :smug:

Zahurul is inexperienced, but have great potential.

And Tamim, well, he's like Sehwag, not able to replicate his form in Tests in the ODIs. :(

Hmm!
I always noticed that Tamim doesn't performe well when the format/circumstance asks him to play aggressively.
That's why his bttng in T20s(specially) & Odis isn't as good as in Tests.
His mindset suits Tests as there is no pressure with the RR.

bd fan
July 21, 2010, 01:25 PM
tamim is a natural hitter of the ball, he gets lots of good scores in tests because most of the fielders are
close in thus making it easier to hit 4's but in t20's when all the fielders are on the boundary he fails.

godzilla
July 21, 2010, 06:11 PM
if another tournament is to be played with Zim, this time they will win :S ... that's how low we are now