PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts from todays game

Raynman
July 20, 2010, 01:23 PM
Some thoughts about today’s match

1. Last match after a long stretch of cricket, a team with a strong mentality would look for a strong win to go back on a high

2. We got beaten by the 2nd ranked team in the world (oops, I was looking at Fifa.com)

3. The boys were caught by surprise since the Dutch played with a desire to win instead of Test match blocking and building personal statistics

4. Everything was according to plan. Our goal in 50 overs is to score 240 which is 30/40 less than competitive, no exception today

5. Winning is not the true measure of anything. Imrul’s 50 should be celebrated till the next match

6. We went from calling Zim and below minnows and arrogantly excluding accomplishments against them to entering this IRE/SCO/NED fixture wondering if we can go 4-0. Some had already built the excuse platform with tough foreign conditions blah blah blah.

7. This is more of a cause to cry for BD to be removed from Test cricket (losing to an unranked team by 6 wickets and balls to spare) moreso than after losing by an innings to a top test nation. Ireland must wonder what they did wrong to not get a test nod.

8. At least we can claim we are going the same direction as WI in our cricket and not the direction of ZIM, IRE or NED

9. With Siddons’ improvement we should be able to give Argentina and Brazil a run for their money by 2015

10. Should I even introduce my 3 yr old to cricket or let him just watch sports where he can follow a winning team

bujhee kom
July 20, 2010, 01:29 PM
1. Kanna pacche!

SS
July 20, 2010, 01:31 PM
great thoughts...i agree with most of your points...everything according to the plan makes complete sense now...and individual accomplished scorer to reach 50 or good SR do not mean anything if the team can not win...major change is required. I wonder what will be the consequence because of this loss, what action will the big governing body will take it after today's match.

_Rafi_
July 20, 2010, 01:31 PM
Kil, Ghusi, Lathi, Chor, thappor, Kane dore ut-bosh, doorra etc

Baundule
July 20, 2010, 01:36 PM
Siddons is telling from the very start that we are crap and he has built a set of players to support that. These guys at U-19, U-17 level could beat anyone in the world.

BagherBacha
July 20, 2010, 01:39 PM
This is the first time I am thinking Siddons must go. i am at work , following the game, failed to comprehend why this stupid riad can't even a get a single boundary in the depth over. shama shame

BagherBacha
July 20, 2010, 01:40 PM
I think our u19 team would be able to beat the holland team.

al-Sagar
July 20, 2010, 01:40 PM
so we end up finishing the british isles tour with two upset wins, one agaisnt g8, one agaisnt associates

Nadim
July 20, 2010, 01:42 PM
we suck. Amra name achi kame nai
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

bujhee kom
July 20, 2010, 01:52 PM
We are just not man enough!!

Raynman
July 20, 2010, 01:55 PM
On the bright side, Netherlands is unranked so we don't lose any points WOOHOO

Razi
July 20, 2010, 01:58 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object3/1038/46/n53858781482_5231.jpg

deshifan
July 20, 2010, 01:59 PM
Never felt as dejected as today... couldn't fathom why the bowlers failed to contain two Dutch middle order

Murad
July 20, 2010, 02:00 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object3/1038/46/n53858781482_5231.jpg

Razi, eta amar avatar kore dilam.. Hope you didn't mind :)

Razi
July 20, 2010, 02:02 PM
Razi, eta amar avatar kore dilam.. Hope you didn't mind :)

Sure bro, infact everybody should use this as an avatar as a protest of this utterly shameful performance.

Raynman
July 20, 2010, 02:25 PM
Text from a friend of mine : Netherlands beat Bangladesh? How many goals did Robben score. HHS

reyme
July 20, 2010, 02:25 PM
"This victory also qualifies the Netherlands for the ICC ODI ranking table, along with other associates Ireland and Kenya. Bangladesh will be disappointed after loosing to Ireland last week as well as they struggle to establish the gap between them and the associate nations."

Can we save our test status anymore?

Raynman
July 20, 2010, 02:26 PM
"This victory also qualifies the Netherlands for the ICC ODI ranking table, along with other associates Ireland and Kenya. Bangladesh will be disappointed after loosing to Ireland last week as well as they struggle to establish the gap between them and the associate nations."

Can we save our test status anymore?

We are good for the global growth of the game. The associates can get Test status by beating us.:big_hug:

FagunerAgun
July 20, 2010, 02:33 PM
Kil, Ghusi, Lathi, Chor, thappor, Kane dore ut-bosh, doorra etc
Airport,e namlei bhatijader chaampa lagao. :mad:

Dilscoop
July 20, 2010, 02:36 PM
11. It took Siddons only one match to bring Netherlands into ICC cricket rankings table. Idk what is Aminul Islam Bulbul is doing for last 2 years in China. He still couldn't put together a Chinese team; a country with highest population in the world.

Baundule
July 20, 2010, 02:42 PM
Text from a friend of mine : Netherlands beat Bangladesh? How many goals did Robben score. HHS
His gnorance is a blessing for us. If the friend does not know about cricket, please tell him that it was not Robben; but Van Persie that has scored the only goal. :D

Raynman
July 20, 2010, 02:46 PM
His gnorance is a blessing for us. If the friend does not know about cricket, please tell him that it was not Robben; but Van Persie that has scored the only goal. :D

He was joking of course.

For the record, I would take a 1-0 loss to the Dutch in football as a HUGE accomplishment.

Shaan
July 20, 2010, 02:53 PM
obosheshe etao dekhthe holo ei jonome !! ar baki thaklo ki ???

FagunerAgun
July 20, 2010, 02:58 PM
obosheshe etao dekhthe holo ei jonome !! ar baki thaklo ki ???
Losing to our Kolabagan team!:)

meazz1
July 20, 2010, 02:59 PM
We are good for the global growth of the game. The associates can get Test status by beating us.:big_hug:

Finally, I found the missing link...I always believed that we were good for something.

zman
July 20, 2010, 03:07 PM
I know optimism won't help me win any supporters here right now but this is what was going through my mind as the match was ending...
You guys can humiliate us now but "Ek maghe sheet jay na" ... we may seem down and out atm but wait till next yr's WC...when we play on our home grounds in home conditions, even our pussy cats can become royal bengal tigers

MatinSux
July 20, 2010, 03:15 PM
Never felt as dejected as today... couldn't fathom why the bowlers failed to contain two Dutch middle order
bc BD was up against one of the best two Dutch midfielders Arjen Robben and Wesley sneijder

MatinSux
July 20, 2010, 03:19 PM
He was joking of course.

For the record, I would take a 1-0 loss to the Dutch in football as a HUGE accomplishment.
BD looses 8-0 against Tajikistan, you can only imagine the scorecard against Dutch football team.

simon
July 20, 2010, 03:50 PM
my thought atm is some thing that a BC member said which still makes me laugh:"we should concentrate & investe more in gram bangla game called "Ludu". HHS.

bujhee kom
July 20, 2010, 03:55 PM
I wonder what the players had for duphurer lunch!

revolver
July 20, 2010, 03:56 PM
we should not play by countires, we should play matches by continents like asia vs africa...so therefore we wont get embarssed that often

revolver
July 20, 2010, 03:57 PM
I wander what the players had for duphurer lunch!

rice and curry,...or left overs from the holland players food

One World
July 20, 2010, 09:52 PM
We can still hope for going to semi-finals in the WC.

max410
July 20, 2010, 11:00 PM
we can still hope for going to semi-finals in the wc.

nice dream our team ****ing sucks man we don't deserve test status

One World
July 20, 2010, 11:41 PM
nice dream our team ****ing sucks man we don't deserve test status

I understand you are frustrated, that does not mean you have to go overboard. Losing an ODI does not necessarily emphasize the issue of revoking test status. You are saying this when Tamim Ikbal made two centuries back to back in England which is even to be achieved by most top ranked batsmen, I think Chanderpaul is the other player who had it recently.

About calling my hope a nice dream mockingly does not prove your point consistent to thread title. It is asking for random thoughts and I am rooting for my team as a fan that in home condition flat slower pitch we can offer a much better competition and based on the fact that both the minnows are in our group we have big chance to make it beyond our achievements in WIndies.

Now about today's lost, yes I am abso-f***ing-lutely pissed does not mean this is the end of the world.

Tigers_eye
July 20, 2010, 11:59 PM
My random thoughts:
Didn't Australia lose to Holland last year in T20 WC?
This game was curtailed to 30 overs. Not an excuse of course.
+++
Captaincy is not easy. Riyad got zero over to bowl when Raj was getting hammered!! Why? Holland used what seven bowlers when their bowlers were getting punished. We could not get six?
+++
Riyad is batting very slow. Team mgmt must look in to this. We had some good finish with Riyad and Naeem just few months back.
+++
Finally congrats to Holland team. Very well played starting from the toss win.

Eshen
July 21, 2010, 12:17 AM
BTW, we will be meeting Ireland and Scotland again in our world cup group. Nasu bhai better start collecting data on their players and start figuring out their weakness and strength (provided he is a capable enough analyst to do the job).

Naimul_Hd
July 21, 2010, 01:50 AM
Random thoughts :

Siddons & Co. deliberately lost to Ireland and Dutch to make them complacent against Bangladesh in World Cup ! Siddons & Co. was afraid to disclose all the weapons in this match.

Imteaz
July 21, 2010, 01:51 AM
Over Confidence.

Niceman70
July 21, 2010, 02:28 AM
Seriously..our bowling sucks. 200 in 30 overs with associates isn't a score to loose.

Miraz
July 21, 2010, 04:33 AM
I wonder what the players had for duphurer lunch!

According to players it was Noodles and they didn't like it.

M.H.Rubel
July 21, 2010, 04:42 AM
Confidence and Team sprit of our team has dipped to Zero level.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

BANFAN
July 21, 2010, 07:20 AM
Time for some concrete thoughts .............. off course by BCB.

I would prefer being without a coach until WC if we even don't manage to get one before that.