PDA

View Full Version : Dark Age of Bangladesh Cricket

Zeeshan
July 20, 2010, 01:37 PM
This is it. We have hit the bottom-low. Maybe it's a blessing in guys, because it calls for a full renaissance and complete restructuring of the team. At least we will have time to think what are goals of the World Cup would be. Whereas before due to Siddons led propaganda we would have been satisfied just to proceed to the second round I hope we can replace him with someone with better vision who doesn't have measly goals for his team and can actually believe in the impossible ie aiming for nothing less than taking the cup.

bujhee kom
July 20, 2010, 01:44 PM
Arrey dada tumi, ekhane!!

Yes indeed, it is a very sad, dark day for Bangladesh cricket today, We are at a Janaja/Daho/Sraddho/Funaral state of mind right now.

view360
July 20, 2010, 01:59 PM
[বাংলা]আসুন সবাই জাতীয় শোক দিবস পালন করি ।[/বাংলা]

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Vc9VvIqNhJY/Saln8yDK0gI/AAAAAAAACBs/V-RVXHUI9so/s320/Bangladesh+observed+National+mourning.jpg

Dhakablues
July 20, 2010, 01:59 PM
When you start to lose to teams like Netherlands... nothing else remains to be said about the quality of this team. And yet, we think we improved? tremendously after Watmore left?

Unfortunately, we, as we always do, will blame someone but not ourselves. Siddons will blame the pool, the selectors will blame the players, the players will blame the system, the system will blame the govenment and the government will blame 'BNP'. Full cycle complete.

raiaan
July 20, 2010, 02:03 PM
Its extremely demoralizing. As a bangladeshi cricket fan, I hate to say it but I think this team is just not good enough to be consistent. When u lose 2/3 matches against associate sides, it must be said that something is most definitely missing. Honestly I dont see this team turning into a very good one in the near future.

Antora
July 20, 2010, 05:35 PM
This is just unacceptable! I am sick of this team, even more sick of this coach and sick of BCB!!!

Roni_uk
July 20, 2010, 05:40 PM
Saw a thread opened by ZeeshamM.. was hoping for some kind of poem or something but no ..yet another boring mail :P

Tiger-ess
July 20, 2010, 06:20 PM
I mean....this is just bad man!!!

I was planning on going to the worcestashire matches in london to show support for Shakib, but dhurrrr aar bhalo lage na...ki lojjai dise amake ei team e.......kisher support abar!!

wasi90lkv1
July 20, 2010, 06:23 PM
it is not a dark age, just an out of form team. a break is required.

the team was doing good before the old trafford test.

Zeeshan
July 20, 2010, 06:42 PM
it is not a dark age, just an out of form team. a break is required.

the team was doing good before the old trafford test.

dude, how exactly was our team "good" before that test? you call - to liberally borrow from cricinfo- a losing streak of more L's than a Welsh railway station "good"?? We got lambasted, pommelled, humiliated in each and every format of the game starting with the NZ tour. we lost t20 games. We lost all matches in Asia Cup. Sure while some of our players made 100, opponents' would go on to make near 200! Oh puhleez don't shake the dreidel of an improvement mantra when our only notable achievement was beating NZ, SL and England in gadzillion attempts finally leading to a denoument of this crapola that they exhibited today thanks to siddons completely breaking their spine, backbone and self confidence.

but who am i kidding or arguing if you seem to believe you can make money online.

Purbasha T
July 20, 2010, 07:08 PM

but who am i kidding or arguing if you seem to believe you can make money online.

You actually can though :-|

Naimul_Hd
July 20, 2010, 07:27 PM
so, under Mash Captaincy, we have already lost to Ireland, Dutch comprehensively. Now, Afganistan, Nepal, USA, Papua all will be demanding game against BD.

wasi90lkv1
July 20, 2010, 07:42 PM
dude, how exactly was our team "good" before that test? you call - to liberally borrow from cricinfo- a losing streak of more L's than a Welsh railway station "good"?? We got lambasted, pommelled, humiliated in each and every format of the game starting with the NZ tour. we lost t20 games. We lost all matches in Asia Cup. Sure while some of our players made 100, opponents' would go on to make near 200! Oh puhleez don't shake the dreidel of an improvement mantra when our only notable achievement was beating NZ, SL and England in gadzillion attempts finally leading to a denoument of this crapola that they exhibited today thanks to siddons completely breaking their spine, backbone and self confidence.

before that old trafford test, we were actually giving opponents tough times. england barely survived in dhaka, new zealand was not very far from losing the test match too. we did not get outplayed before that test, we could have won a few games if umpires did not turn their backs on bangladesh team. mushfiqur rahim's keeping was also to blame.

regardless making money online, i am making money from online since 2008. it is my hobby you can say. maybe it is new to you, maybe you got scammed in the past - that is your fault.

MohammedC
July 20, 2010, 07:44 PM
Zeeshan bhai when will the iceage start?

One World
July 20, 2010, 08:53 PM
One math. I could not do, before today - if every player is an improved version of the previous player in his position (be it himself or someone else) how come we are still getting pummeled, now the math is easy,

previously: Doshe mili kori kaaj, here choli nahi laaj
now: doler che bekti boro (famous Zia quote reversed)

so previously a team work sometimes could do wonder, now we have reached to the brink where there is no team work. In Engish Isles who can be more powerful than Thatcher as she said, there is no society, there are only individuals.

WarWolf
July 20, 2010, 10:58 PM
before that old trafford test, we were actually giving opponents tough times. england barely survived in dhaka, new zealand was not very far from losing the test match too. we did not get outplayed before that test, we could have won a few games if umpires did not turn their backs on bangladesh team. mushfiqur rahim's keeping was also to blame.

regardless making money online, i am making money from online since 2008. it is my hobby you can say. maybe it is new to you, maybe you got scammed in the past - that is your fault.
Ei chele....eto kichur poreo kichu fans er lojja hoi na!!!

Imteaz
July 21, 2010, 01:53 AM
Shonali Age ta chilo kokhon?

Nasif
July 21, 2010, 07:32 AM
This is it. We have hit the bottom-low. Maybe it's a blessing in guys, because it calls for a full renaissance and complete restructuring of the team. At least we will have time to think what are goals of the World Cup would be. Whereas before due to Siddons led propaganda we would have been satisfied just to proceed to the second round I hope we can replace him with someone with better vision who doesn't have measly goals for his team and can actually believe in the impossible ie aiming for nothing less than taking the cup.

Defeat against Afghanistan is lurking around. Once we get beaten by Afghanistan; then you need to open a "This is it" thread. :)

So, no, this isn't it yet.

imtiaz82
July 21, 2010, 12:30 PM
We should just close down banglacricket forum. That should be an ultimate testament to the level our cricket team have stooped down to, that is-- the sports has lost its fan base. Also, the amount of time and effort the 2000 odd members will save in not analyzing the useless and pathetic team, will generate lot of additional revenues for the country..

magic boy
July 21, 2010, 01:48 PM
[বাংলা]এই দিন দিন নয়
আরো দিন আছে
এই দিনরে নিবো আমরা
সেই দিনেরও কাছে
এ এ এ এ এ এ [/বাংলা]
<object width="350" height="287"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3MrIhM-T1tw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3MrIhM-T1tw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="350" height="287"></embed></object>

: D

bujhee kom
July 21, 2010, 01:53 PM
Thank you my dearest Emon bhaiya for Kuddus Boyati's youtube clip!!! I have been looking for this kind of music and musicians for a while now.

al Furqaan
July 21, 2010, 04:13 PM
We should just close down banglacricket forum. That should be an ultimate testament to the level our cricket team have stooped down to, that is-- the sports has lost its fan base. Also, the amount of time and effort the 2000 odd members will save in not analyzing the useless and pathetic team, will generate lot of additional revenues for the country..

BC is already as good as shutdown...just look around at the threads, their depth of discussion, and who is posting the majority of posts. all the oldies are starting to disappear...i myself have drastically cut down my posts, something which i never thought i'd do.

bujhee kom
July 21, 2010, 04:48 PM
Hahahaha...but guys remember after Dark Ages comes the Renaissance and then the age of enlightenment! Hang in there now....hahahaaha!

FaHiMa
July 21, 2010, 04:53 PM
Just pray the team doesn't disappoint at the WC ...that's being hosted by BD! If they don't somehow manage to move on to the second round, it`ll be really embarrassing!

roman
July 21, 2010, 06:51 PM
BC is already as good as shutdown...just look around at the threads, their depth of discussion, and who is posting the majority of posts. all the oldies are starting to disappear...i myself have drastically cut down my posts, something which i never thought i'd do.
its a major blow to Banglacricket as you, Asif and many other oldies have stopped posting here. I used to come to this banglacricket site just to read your posts and opinions about our Team and cricket and to be honest i learned a lot about cricket from reading your posts. But i guess just like you all i am also loosing my interest on Cricket...This pathetic team does not deserve our support....

22Yards
July 21, 2010, 09:11 PM
The current pak team was made out of scraps. Their whole management is in a disarray and what do they do to the Aussies ? 88 all out.
Compare that with us. This team has been playing for quite a while now. Atleast 3 -4 years and yet we come to see this day. So i have come to the conclusion that may be it was indeed too early to grant us a test status. No further words. This team, its management, its coaching staff, its technique, its goals, its efforts, its commitment is just isn't good enough. And however and how long we might console ourselves telling we have players like tamim and shakib, upcoming players like jahurul and junaid, its not going to change the fact.

al Furqaan
July 21, 2010, 09:57 PM
its a major blow to Banglacricket as you, Asif and many other oldies have stopped posting here. I used to come to this banglacricket site just to read your posts and opinions about our Team and cricket and to be honest i learned a lot about cricket from reading your posts. But i guess just like you all i am also loosing my interest on Cricket...This pathetic team does not deserve our support....

ATMR seems like is losing his appetite for cricket. which is as surprising as it is sad.

Beamer, Sohel NR, and I haven't so much lost our passion for the game as we're losing our interest in the forum.

rest assured i'll still be here, albeit perhaps posting quite a bit less frequently.

Beamer has actually mentioned that our test improvements have in fact given him HOPE for the future. i must agree with him. i'm sure when we play our next set of test matches, ATMR will see the improvements and hopefully be back.

otherwise i'll just nag him on fb until he's forced to start following cricket again, lol

One World
July 21, 2010, 10:22 PM
Go medieval then.

habfreak
July 21, 2010, 10:39 PM
slightly off topic but I think the unorganized setup of this forum has just as much to do with the lower participation as with the team's lackluster performance. When they team was doing good I would be willing to go through seven 'Fire Siddons' threads to find the info I wanted. But now I just don't care enough. The depth of the discussion has also a lot to do with having several threads for the same topic.

Back on topic: this is indeed the darkest phase of Bangladesh cricket. We have suffered like this before, but then it was easy to identify the problems and find a solution...better infrastructure, modification of domestic league etc etc. Now that everything is in place and we still can't win...it's not as easy to find a way out of this mess. we desperately need some players with pride and ego. Players that hate to lose. Other than Tamim and Shahadat (who's not even on the team)...I don't see anyone with those characteristics...the coach and management included.

Sohel
July 21, 2010, 10:53 PM
It gives me no pleasure whatsoever to quote Al Hajj Malik Al Shabaz Malcolm X, but the chicken has indeed come home to roost. Accountability, at least in light of integrity/honesty/decency, isn't and has never been a one-way street.

view360
July 21, 2010, 11:25 PM
In order to rebuild our cricket , we must let it totally be destroyed to such extend that the level of destruction can be visible even to the blinds. Until then, we have no option but to sit back and witness the initial carnage. A wise man can see the destruction from very far but he needs to wait for the fools to see it because his footsoldiers are only made of fools.