PDA

View Full Version : if a new coach comes, will he be able to change bangladesh cricket?

wasi90lkv1
July 20, 2010, 02:05 PM
anti-siddons, answer this question.

maybe he is not the greatest coach in the universe, but was our team really a top team in the past?

some people are talking like bangladesh is a former world champion and siddons changed our world class team negatively. this is not the case in reality. most of the bangladeshi players are ordinary, keep that in mind.

i am not a blind jamie siddons fan. i think the team is going downhill since the old trafford test, before that there was a good progress. if this performance continues for a few more months, then we can think about changing the coach. the current coach knows the players well, a new coach just before the world cup is not going to help i think.

Ajfar
July 20, 2010, 02:26 PM
Yes he will be able to change our cricket team. We can either go up hill or down hill. We won't know until a new coach comes in. And doesn't matter how experienced this new coach maybe or how inexperienced he maybe. We won't know weather it will bring good or not until he actually starts working with the team. IMO opinion it's kind of like a gamble. But its a gamble that we probably have to take now.

Peace
July 20, 2010, 02:29 PM
We do have some good players. we are just short of 2-3 genuine wicket taking bowlers to become a force in world cricket. Our fan's emotion is very volatile at present, so you would not really be able to get a rational feedback in the present circumstances.

Dilscoop
July 20, 2010, 02:31 PM
I would rather, No coach > JS coach

wiseshah
July 20, 2010, 02:34 PM
Yes

we have to give another guy a chance, only time will say.

wasi90lkv1
July 20, 2010, 02:35 PM
We do have some good players. we are just short of 2-3 genuine wicket taking bowlers to become a force in world cricket. Our fan's emotion is very volatile at present, so you would not really be able to get a rational feedback in the present circumstances.

we are short of a genuine finisher too, kick mahmudullah out.

FagunerAgun
July 20, 2010, 02:36 PM
The answer is, No...a good coach is a part of the whole improvement process.
We need a good CEO to put first every thing in place with a vision, mission and passion.

wasi90lkv1
July 20, 2010, 02:38 PM
The answer is, No...a good coach is a part of the whole improvement process.
We need a good CEO to put first every thing in place with a vision, mission and passion.

it is good to see you talking some sense here.

coach can not do anything until the team has a few decent players with a competent management.

zman
July 20, 2010, 02:38 PM
I have a slightly different view than most regarding this issue. I personally think Siddons has done wonders with our test team, what we’ve accomplished in the past 18 months is no joke by any stretch of imagination; however, controversial principles such as “focusing on personal achievements vs. team goals”, “taking no risks and playing safe” may work pretty well in test cricket but spell disaster as soon as the variable called time is introduced.

If I had it my way I’d keep JS as the head coach for my test team and hire someone else who has a slightly different set of principles and possesses a different personality—more of an inspirational leader type— to coach my ODI/T20I teams. Although the concept is untested and quite novel, this may be the best solution for a team going through the unique struggles we go through—adjusting to test cricket being the newest member of the club and at the same time having to deal with the expectations of performing well in the shorter forms of the game, area in which we're clearly falling short. And in case you’re wondering, don't forget how ridiculous the idea of having separate captains and separate teams for different versions of the game sounded before they’re introduced and successfully implemented.

Baundule
July 20, 2010, 02:39 PM
It depends on how the new guy works. Siddons is taking the money to destroy our cricket. Firing him will at least do no harm.

roman
July 20, 2010, 02:40 PM
I think we should not bring in any foreign coach as most of our players are not educated enough to understand what the foreign coach has to offer. I think this is one of the reasons why Siddons/Whatmore is a failure. With a Bangladeshi Coach the result cant be worse than this and we can save some money. This is Just an opinion.

Dilscoop
July 20, 2010, 02:41 PM
maybe he is not the greatest coach in the universe, but was our team really a top team in the past?
No they weren't a top team, but we weren't beaten by Associative teams like that in the past. We managed to beat them regularly with a clear graph showing the difference between us and them.

some people are talking like bangladesh is a former world champion and siddons changed our world class team negatively. this is not the case in reality. most of the bangladeshi players are ordinary, keep that in mind.
What you Sehwag in disguise? Our team is so much better than the team of 05, with Tushar Imran, Javed Omar, Sujon, Pilot, Nafees Iqbal, Taposh. Players are way more talented. We have a #1 All rounder in our team, we have one of the leading Test opener in the team. But we managed to lose to Irl and Neth, when in the past we won games with a crap team.

Your sucking up for JS very illogical. And it's going way over the line and getting very annoying.

wasi90lkv1
July 20, 2010, 02:44 PM
1. No they weren't a top team, but we weren't beaten by Associative teams like that in the past. We managed to beat them regularly with a clear graph showing the difference between us and them.

2. What you Sehwag in disguise? Our team is so much better than the team of 05, with Tushar Imran, Javed Omar, Sujon, Pilot, Nafees Iqbal, Taposh. Players are way more talented. We have a #1 All rounder in our team, we have one of the leading Test opener in the team. But we managed to lose to Irl and Neth, when in the past we won games with a crap team.

they are talented because siddons changed them. it is not very long ago we beat zimabwe 4-1 twice.

i think players are morally down and they need a break. it has very little to do with the coach.

Dilscoop
July 20, 2010, 02:54 PM
Here we go again. We bring out the "Js the batting coach" And what it has done to our batting. We are talking about JS the head coach here. And he has to go. I don't care about the batting.

Dilscoop
July 20, 2010, 02:58 PM
And way to edit out those illogical parts from your posts, after I already read em. Damn I should have quoted those!

wasi90lkv1
July 20, 2010, 03:05 PM
Here we go again. We bring out the "Js the batting coach" And what it has done to our batting. We are talking about JS the head coach here. And he has to go. I don't care about the batting.

our batting was never reliable before 2008, there was not a single reliable batsman in the team other than ashraful. now we have tamim, junaid, mushfiqur, shakib (out of form, but a good batsman), imrul (not bad, but needs to improve more), and raqibul.

these players can at least post a decent total on the board, but because of our bowlers we can not defend the totals most of the time.

when you are given a responsibility to lift up a team where there is one reliable batsman, first thing you need to do is create more reliable batsmen. that is exactly what siddons did. i think wins will come automatically once we have 11 decent players (currently we do not have that), which includes 2 decent pacers.

you can not win games consistently when one of your pacers gives 90+ runs in 9 overs or gives more than 6 runs per over in almost every single game.

Dilscoop
July 20, 2010, 03:09 PM
they are talented because siddons changed them. it is not very long ago we beat zimabwe 4-1 twice.

i think players are morally down and they need a break. it has very little to do with the coach.

Ok, so you are saying JS changed those players and made them talented. Then how come you said on your earlier posts, that our players are ordinary? So you are saying they are bad to prove you point that JS can't do anything with them. losing isn't JS's fault. And when I say they are better than players from the past, you say we must credit JS for that? What the... Again very illogical sucking up to JS. You can not blindly support someone like that. I mean I have seen blind fans before, but this is just..

Also ans this. Assuming at this point we are saying 'our players are talented because JS changed them' (unless you changed your mode and decided to go with "our players are ordinary") how come they lost to Neth? Are you saying they are better then us? Surely not. If yes, then how can you say JS changed our players and made them better and still they are worse then an UNRANKED team?

You see Mr Js fanboy#1. It's not about talent, it's not about how bad or ordinary we are. You can win games with limited talents if you want to, if you have the hunger, the gut and the mentality to win. And JS fails to bring those things in the team. And yes, it is part of coach's job to do. And that's why JS should leave. It has nothing to do with how much he has improved our batting - again assuming at this moment you are saying 'Our players are good, because of JS'

"Can Anti JS ans this question". Hope I ans. your ques. And I ans. as a Bangladeshi cricket fan. Not as PRO-ANTI JS. If you even bother to read my post, you will have your ans.

wasi90lkv1
July 20, 2010, 03:12 PM
Ok, so you are saying JS changed those players and made them talented. Then how come you said on your earlier posts, that our players are ordinary? So you are saying they are bad to prove you point that JS can't do anything with them. losing isn't JS's fault. And when I say they are better than players from the past, you say we must credit JS for that? What the... Again very illogical sucking up to JS. You can not blindly support someone like that. I mean I have seen blind fans before, but this is just..

You see Mr Js fanboy#1. It's not about talent, it's not about how bad or ordinary we are. You can win games with limited talents if you want to, if you have the hunger, the gut and the mentality to win. And JS fails to bring those things in the team. And yes, it is part of coach's job to do. And that's why JS should leave. It has nothing to do with how much he has improved our batting - again assuming at this moment you are saying 'Our players are good, because of JS'

"Can Anti JS ans this question". Hope I ans. your ques. And I ans. as a Bangladeshi cricket fan. Not as PRO-ANTI JS.

in general, our players are ordinary. there is no doubt.

there are only around 5 decent players at this moment, these players became world class under the coaching of jaimie siddons. that is what i was trying to say.

we do not have enough quality bowlers to take 20 wickets in a test match on a regular basis. we do have enough quality bowlers to restrict an ODI team under 300 runs on a regular basis. it is a fact. sehwag was not wrong, although i was mad too at his comment.

we need to do something about our bowling, fielding needs improvement too.

Also ans this. Assuming at this point we are saying 'our players are talented because JS changed them' (unless you changed your mode and decided to go with "our players are ordinary") how come they lost to Neth? Are you saying they are better then us? Surely not. If yes, then how can you say JS changed our players and made them better and still they are worse then an UNRANKED team?

i dare netherlands to play a 3 match series against bangladesh. one victory does not mean netherlands is better than bangladesh. remember, bangladesh played nazmul over rubel. does that say something? to me, it seems like bangladesh tried out nazmul. if it was a serious game, i am sure the team XI would have been different.

in the end of this post, i want to say i am not the no. 1 siddons fan. but i do not bash him either because of the fact our team is still far from being a complete team.

MohammedC
July 20, 2010, 03:19 PM
No, we will still be same. If BCB does bring a change we must look in to our domestic structure.

pocha
July 20, 2010, 03:22 PM
On Crack mate?

Thanks to JS that we lost to a second string Dutch side without their most experienced and prolific run scorer Ryan ten Doeschate whose average is better than any of our BD batsman

http://www.cricinfo.com/netherlands/content/player/47660.html

Anyway its a honorable defeat for that bald headed JS fans. Kudos!!

wasi90lkv1
July 20, 2010, 03:25 PM
On Crack mate?

Thanks to JS that we lost to a second string Dutch side without their most experienced and prolific run scorer Ryan ten Doeschate whose average is better than any of our BD batsman

http://www.cricinfo.com/netherlands/content/player/47660.html

Anyway its a honorable defeat for that bald headed JS fans. Kudos!!

maybe you should be the coach, maybe you can make bangladesh team the best team in the world. read the entire thread. bangladesh did not play their best XI today. rubel was not there.

Dilscoop
July 20, 2010, 03:28 PM
And now he has nothing to say to that, so he again goes back to something even more illogical and irrelevant things.

typical blind js boys

smashyboy
July 20, 2010, 03:30 PM
you can't make a gold plate out of clay.

MohammedC
July 20, 2010, 03:32 PM
Mr Dilscoop. Please no personal attack (its a request). We are only talking and sharing our poor knowledge about Bangladesh Cricket.

wasi90lkv1
July 20, 2010, 03:34 PM
And now he has nothing to say to that, so he again goes back to something even more illogical and irrelevant things.

typical blind js boys

brother, read this post: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=1191280&postcount=18.

i am not a blind jamie siddons fan. i think the team is going downhill since the old trafford test, before that there was a good progress. if this performance continues for a few more months, then we can think about changing the coach. the current coach knows the players well, a new coach just before the world cup is not going to help i think.

Raynman
July 20, 2010, 03:34 PM
you can't make a gold plate out of clay.

But if you mold it correctly, you can get a plate which is just as good as a gold plate in terms of functionality : to put your food in.

On the other hand when you don't know what to do with the clay then you have nothing to put your food in.

bujhee kom
July 20, 2010, 03:39 PM
Smashy, why having a gold plate, somebody will steal it from me, I need a tin/aluminum plate!!

wiseshah
July 20, 2010, 03:46 PM
losing against every single team, in every format

fluke win--once in a blue moon

then lost against ireland, holland in last 3 matches

still-- some guys find positive attitude, hard to believe.
Its not player, most are performing one day or other day.its coach--who cant inspire them.

we are not paying million dollars to some white coach--for his every month vacation, i think local coach or some coach, who is not high profile but highly devotee can do better job

plus all blame should go to BCB administration.

wasi90lkv1
July 20, 2010, 03:48 PM
losing against every single team, in every format

fluke win--once in a blue moon

then lost against ireland, holland in last 3 matches

still-- some guys find positive attitude, hard to believe.
Its not player, most are performing one day or other day.its coach--who cant inspire them.

we are not paying million dollars to some white coach--for his every month vacation, i think local coach or some coach, who is not high profile but highly devotee can do better job

plus all blame should go to BCB administration.

i agree with the underlined part.

Raynman
July 20, 2010, 03:49 PM
No one is giving BCB a free pass here. But thats not an excuse to exonarate Siddons of the criticism that is rightly his.

bujhee kom
July 20, 2010, 03:52 PM
Could a new coach be a nice lady coach? Huuh...what do you guys think? How can we help BD?