PDA

View Full Version : consequences of firing siddons less than 8 months before the world cup

wasi90lkv1
July 20, 2010, 03:44 PM
the current coach knows the players well, a new coach just before the world cup is not going to help i think.

there is a bond between the players and the coach. i think the situation will be worse by hiring a new coach less than 8 months before the world cup.

i say keep siddons until the world cup. if things do not improve, then sack him.

t@req
July 20, 2010, 03:58 PM
Siddons is not bad at all, main problem is our board. They are nothing but a fool. And we need proper player at particular place. Something like that

Tamim Iqbal
Nazimuddin
Junaid
Alok Kapali
Sakib
Aftab
Jahurul
Mashrafee
Shafiul
Enamul Jr.
Nazmul/Rubel

Baundule
July 20, 2010, 04:02 PM
ha ha ha. I seriously wanted to write something; but after seeing "i say keep siddons until the world cup. if things do not improve, then sack him." I have lost that motivation. They say, some people never learn.

zman
July 20, 2010, 05:10 PM
Even as a not yet totally anti Siddons guy, I don’t think firing Siddons will have much impact on our WC performances. Siddons’ personal philosophies/teaching methods are flawed in the context of ODIs, if anything, losing him may impact our test performances. Best thing to do is let Siddons preach his “focus on your personal goals” stuff for test matches and hire a local guy (which would lower the chances of clash of personalities), preferably a former national cricketer like Bulbul as someone already mentioned, to head the ODI/T20 team who’ll have a more attacking approach and give the proper motivational pep talks before matches to fire’em up. This seems to be the way forward in order to get the best of both worlds.

wasi90lkv1
July 20, 2010, 05:19 PM
Even as a not yet totally anti Siddons guy, I don’t think firing Siddons will have much impact on our WC performances. Siddons’ personal philosophies/teaching methods are flawed in the context of ODIs, if anything, losing him may impact our test performances. Best thing to do is let Siddons preach his “focus on your personal goals” stuff for test matches and hire a local guy (which would lower the chances of clash of personalities), preferably a former national cricketer like Bulbul as someone already mentioned, to head the ODI/T20 team who’ll have a more attacking approach and give the proper motivational pep talks before matches to fire’em up. This seems to be the way forward in order to get the best of both worlds.

hiring more than 1 main coach? it costs money. i do not think it will be a good idea to hire a separate ODI/twenty20 coach specially if the result is going to be the same anyway.

zman
July 20, 2010, 05:27 PM
^^well..JS’s coaching methods seem to be working really well for our test team and yet halting our progress in ODI/T20 to almost a standstill, so we're faced with quite a conundrum here, aren't we?...this kind of problem is quite unique and calls for an out of the box solution that is if we really want to harness the best of both worlds without taking a whole lot of risks...on the other hand I don't think hiring a local coach will be very expensive

Antora
July 20, 2010, 05:30 PM
I am not sure if this has been discussed in another thread, but, what happened to Shourav Ganguly being our batting advisor? :S

bujhee kom
July 20, 2010, 08:27 PM
I am not sure if this has been discussed in another thread, but, what happened to Shourav Ganguly being our batting advisor? :S

Hahahaha...very good question dear Antora! What about it? What happenned? All these bull waste from Lotus, and Gong and the BCB media and we fools....hahahahah....cricket in Bangladesh? Sala juta mari eder mookhe bhais and apas!

Please ban me bhais dear mod bhais, it's over for me, game's over, the fat lady sang, bit me, took my blood and I am an undead now!!! Bangladesh anmd Bangladesh cricket! What a Mirage! Whata golden Deer! What a huge bamboo up my rear right now !i am shattered and screaming and crying ....I am dead! I am a dead animal running wild on the city right now! I am a dead animal!

Bangladesh cricket! How could you do this to me! You eihole!

Shabaash Bangladesh!
Shabaash Bangladesh Governement!!
Shabbash Lotus and BCB!
Shabaash worthless clueless, aimless and shameless Siddons!
Shabbash Bangladehs cricketers! The most shameles creatures on the planet!!
You all make me sick!!!

One World
July 20, 2010, 08:32 PM
I can see how BC get uplifted to a rehab after every pathetic loss. Count me in.

One World
July 20, 2010, 08:39 PM
Consequence:
We will have a better team. The incompetent players who are unable to handle the pressures in ODI's will be rested or reserved for their slow accustomability for longer version. Genuine allrounders and stroke making quality players will be drafted. Rather than personal achievement a team work will give us extra fruit. Such humiliations will not be repeated during and after WC.

chotpoti
July 20, 2010, 08:39 PM
I dont c any worse consequence then this....fire him...lets play the WC without coach..even better...

kiriket
July 20, 2010, 08:41 PM
Siddons is not bad at all, main problem is our board. They are nothing but a fool. And we need proper player at particular place. Something like that

Tamim Iqbal
Nazimuddin
Junaid
Alok Kapali
Sakib
Aftab
Jahurul
Mashrafee
Shafiul
Enamul Jr.
Nazmul/Rubel

Enamul Jr. should be 100 yards away from Bangladesh team

wiseshah
July 20, 2010, 08:47 PM
though i dont like siddons anymore

pro siddons to anti siddons now. BUt i think he should stay till world cup with a new bowling coach and sujan and salahuddin

only person should be sacked--- thief lotus kamal and BCB administration

zainab
July 20, 2010, 08:47 PM
I dont c any worse consequence then this....fire him...lets play the WC without coach..even better...

They dont really need a head coach, waste of money, a local coach is the best remedy.BCB should not be throwing away good money on players who are incapable of learning.

wiseshah
July 20, 2010, 08:48 PM
ideal time to introduce some new players for back up

sabbir, anamul, mahmudul, tasamul, mominul, shaker, shuvagoto, asif ahmed, shubhashis roy