PDA

View Full Version : According to you who is(are) the overrated player(s)!

simon
July 21, 2010, 06:15 PM
In this thread let's identify & discuss about the players(both current & former) who are overrated.

-I think Razzaq is overrated,he used to be good with his old action,we thought he might be the most reliable spinner after the retirement of Rafique but now a days he disappoints me a lot .
-Mushy as a WK is overrated,sometimes I here some commentators praising Mushy behind the stumps just because he keeps chirping but we know his technique sucks.
-I also think Tamim is overrated only when I hear some commis or some members of this forum saying he deserves an IPL contract,although he hasn't played any significant innings in T20s Intrntnls.
-All Iclers are overrated.(SN,ALok,Aftab,Nazim):-D
-Ashdafool is underrated.:-p
No seriously,it kills me everytime Ash comes to the crease the commis say,he is such a talent,his avrge shows he is an underachiever,he plays like Tendu Blah blah bah.:sick:

pls,continue.

wasi90lkv1
July 21, 2010, 07:45 PM
riad is overrated for ODI matches. he is supposed to be a finisher, he is not doing a good job. his bowling is not very decent in ODI games either.

rahat90
July 21, 2010, 07:48 PM
overated? well if we gona talk about overated we need to talk about underated aswel
naeem islam. overated as a power hitter, underated as a solid middle order (#4- 6 in lineup) batsman. Same goes for riyad
jahurul islam is underated. yes he has not got any 50s yet, and some people want him out when rokibul comes back. But i see a very bright future of jahurul, he is capable of building partnerships and he is capable of playing very nice strokes (unlike imrul). he just needs to get one 50 under the belt and then he has the potential of being bd's most reliable batsman in test and odi.
shuvo as a test bowler. he hasnt really looked the part in odi, but i think his bowling suits test. lets put it this way, who wuld u prefer in test razzaq or shuvo?
shafiul. he might be expensive but he bowls a nice line and tempts the batsman into mistakes, he is wicket taker that bd need to preserve with.
shariah nafees is underated also. its just a great shame that he cannot play swing and pace. if all bowling attacks consisted of zimbabwean pacers, then SN would be the best bd batsman. In that regards he is underated but not against G8 bowling attacks.

nycpro96
July 21, 2010, 07:51 PM
Most overrated cricketer to ever play is Alok Kapali. I think he is one of the worse cricketers ever. He's considered an allrounder but not even close. Batting average of just over 20. Not good. Actually just bad. He has nothing. I don't see why people say he's good. I've seen him play one good innings. It was against India during the last Asia Cup and thats about it.

Rommel
July 21, 2010, 08:18 PM
SN.

Murad
July 21, 2010, 08:21 PM
Whole Bangladesh Team.

simon
July 21, 2010, 08:31 PM
I think I would also put SN at the top of my list.

beshideshi
July 21, 2010, 08:52 PM
I think Rubel is an over rated player, he has potentials to become a world class seamer but still has loads of improvement to undergo.
I dont think anyone else is over-rated, but they are just given a role that they are not supposed to do. You ask a regular top order batsman to turn into a bowling all rounder and bat at no.8[Naeem Islam, Foisal Hossain], then you put batsmen who need time to get going in at no.6, 7 where you should have big hitters[Mushy, riyad]

Dilscoop
July 21, 2010, 09:22 PM
Current: none. They are all judged accordingly. Imrul is slightly over-rated just because of his dumb avg.
All time: Shahriar Nafees

22Yards
July 21, 2010, 09:27 PM
Even i think shahriar nafees is pretty over rated. And may be Alok Kapali whose name I have been hearing in here since the time he scored 100 in that twenty20 game. Come on, bring him back and put him with the rest of this team, he will turn into one of them.

dark mage
July 21, 2010, 09:38 PM
-All Iclers are overrated.(SN,ALok,Aftab,Nazim):-D
.[/I]

I agreed with most of your points but can't really agree about Nazimuddin. I mean how many chances did he get to prove himself? Only about 2-3 matches if I recall correctly. He has been consistently performing really well in the local leagues and has played consistenly well against the visiting strong WI and SA A-teams and has been one of the standout performers, has shown he is capable of doing well against International sides when he did well against Pakistan in a warm-up game.

Dont put him in the same bunch with SN, Alok and Aftab who were given alot of opportunities but simply failed to perform while Nazimuddin wasnt even given proper oppurtunities despite perforing consistently in the local tournaments while the likes of Alok and Aftab cant even do well in the local arena and Alok even ignored the selectors' calls to play for the A-Team to prove himself. And Sharier Nafees is the most overrated player in our cricketing history

Nazimuddin isnt overrated, if anything, he is underrated

rezwansyed
July 22, 2010, 05:38 AM
Overrated- Shakibul hasan, Rubel Ahmed, Roqibul...
Underrated- Md. Ashraful, Alok Kapali, Nafees Iqbal(he was supposed to be our skipper imao), Enamul Haq jn...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

BCBLFC
July 22, 2010, 05:52 AM
Shariar Nafees

dark mage
July 22, 2010, 06:00 AM
Underrated- Md. Ashraful, Alok Kapali, Nafees Iqbal(he was supposed to be our skipper imao), Enamul Haq jn...

lol Were you trying to be sarcastic or were you serious about your statement ?

BANFAN
July 22, 2010, 07:12 AM
Razzaq, Riyad and Mash

meazz1
July 22, 2010, 11:16 AM
the whole bd team.

Tiger444
July 22, 2010, 02:11 PM
Overrated

Mohammad Ashraful- He is probably the most overrated player in the cricket world..I admit I used to praise this guy a lot since he brought us wins but a batsman that averages 22/23 should not be praised at all..yet people still say that Ashraful has been the best batsman for BD when he has similar stats to Javed Omar who is looked down upon..not only that but bout 40% of the time he scores single digits..also when he walks to the crease the commentators praise him like anything and then the stats go up and you see a career average of a 23..

Aftab Ahmed- Another player is Aftab Ahmed..so many people love this guy and keep on wanting to give him chances, and say he's such a sweet timer of the ball and then you see he has only 1 FC century and no List A century..most importantly he's played only 2 match winning innings for us..if he's such a sweet timer then why do we see some the balls he hit land straight in to the fielder's hands? Also I can't forget that T20 between NZ where he was 1 from 9 balls with 7-8 missed swings at 1 point..only in BD where we praise a pura faltu player like Aftab..

Alok Kapali- Many people cry for this guy getting a chance and then you look at his career stats and his average is below a 20 with the bat in tests and ODIs..also the last time he played for us he averaged a 20 in 10 games which proves he's a player that will just average in the late teen and early 20's..he has not played a match winning innings as of yet as well..his SR is also in the late 60's so he doesn't even have a high SR to back himself up..

Shahriar Nafees- Many people praise this guy so much and yet you see how poor of a player against test playing nations..an average of a 16 is hardly praiseworthy..also the way he talks so big and thinks he is hot stuff but he cannot even play a moving ball..Imrul's a way better player then guy and hope SN never comes back to the team..

Ajfar
July 22, 2010, 02:25 PM
The tripple AAAs got this one completely covered
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Nadim
July 22, 2010, 02:39 PM
Whole Bangladesh Team.

Exactly.

revolver
July 22, 2010, 02:40 PM
aftab ahmed is so over rated. you give him a chance and he will try his best to blow it up. in my opiion i will say sakib is little over rated aswell, i know that everyone going to have a way different idea about my opinion
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

bujhee kom
July 22, 2010, 03:16 PM
Shahrear Nafees
Aftab Ahmed
Mosharraf hossain Rubel
Enamul Haque Jr
The other Jr from Wills Little Flowers - Mehrab Mehrab
Farhad Reza
Dolar Mahmud
Nafees Iqbal Khan
Nazimuddin
Tariq Aziz
Delwar Hossain

rezwansyed
July 23, 2010, 01:04 AM
lol Were you trying to be sarcastic or were you serious about your statement ?

what do u think?

lamisa
July 23, 2010, 04:51 AM
riad is overrated for ODI matches. he is supposed to be a finisher, he is not doing a good job. his bowling is not very decent in ODI games either.

riyad is not supposed to be a finisher,he's a middle order batsman.murgir dimer upor ekta biralke boshay diye "ur supposed to be a murgi" bollei toh ar o murgi hoye gelo na!

on topic:i think that rubel is overrated,he lacks the consistency and discipline in his bowling

Tiger444
July 23, 2010, 08:56 AM
I agreed with most of your points but can't really agree about Nazimuddin. I mean how many chances did he get to prove himself? Only about 2-3 matches if I recall correctly. He has been consistently performing really well in the local leagues and has played consistenly well against the visiting strong WI and SA A-teams and has been one of the standout performers, has shown he is capable of doing well against International sides when he did well against Pakistan in a warm-up game.

Dont put him in the same bunch with SN, Alok and Aftab who were given alot of opportunities but simply failed to perform while Nazimuddin wasnt even given proper oppurtunities despite perforing consistently in the local tournaments while the likes of Alok and Aftab cant even do well in the local arena and Alok even ignored the selectors' calls to play for the A-Team to prove himself. And Sharier Nafees is the most overrated player in our cricketing history

Nazimuddin isnt overrated, if anything, he is underrated

I'm going to have to agree with you bro..he's played 7 ODIs actually and besides 1 innings he was horrible..we can't write him off yet because he needs more chances to prove himself..you guys might have forgotten but when Imrul 1st came in he was as bad or worse then Nazim..then Imrul went back to domestics and worked really hard to work on his game and has improved a lot..ya he's still not that great but he was much worse before..Nazim got massively exposed when he 1st came and the worst part was that the pitches he played on in both Pakistan and Bangladesh for the most part were flat tracks and he still struggled mightily to score his runs..we can't put him in the same group as Aftab and Alok just because he's an ICLer..he's done really well in domestics and also in the A team he dominated..we could maybe give him a chance in the NZ series..putting him as a finisher may not be a bad idea since he has the ability to hit big..honestly I see it will be very tough for him to bat in the top 4 since those spots are pretty much covered..

al-Sagar
July 23, 2010, 08:57 AM
on topic:i think that rubel is overrated,he lacks the consistency and discipline in his bowling

which BD bowler does not lack consistency and discipline in his bowling ???

magic boy
July 23, 2010, 10:00 AM
sorry to say but...
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkLTHvSIQYzhvAp6kfPW2BtSQ5C0D3F 5d1rjOsvNdb2UorY0g&t=1&usg=__thj_2jihahtmNpmUF8uI2Fs9YfQ=since 2007 world cup...as if we shouldn't have any other better wicket keeper or middle order batsman without him.

_Rafi_
July 23, 2010, 10:08 AM
Ashraful is very very very very very much overrated. Other two As of AAA battery is also overrated. Abdur Rajjak is seriously overrated too.
Most unerrated player-
Imrul Kayes

lamisa
July 23, 2010, 10:23 AM
which BD bowler does not lack consistency and discipline in his bowling ???

well,orta amar ektu beshi chokhe porse,tai bollam

wiseshah
July 23, 2010, 10:27 AM
Ashraful and shahriar nafees over rated

lamisa
July 24, 2010, 09:38 AM
mushy is overrated as a keeper

One World
July 24, 2010, 10:14 AM
Dhiman is a better ODI WK/Batsman.

Ajfar
July 24, 2010, 10:26 AM
Dhiman is a better ODI WK/Batsman.

Dhiman looked pretty ordinary with the bat. I dont know if it was because it was his first tour with the national team or what but he didnt seem all that to me. But he is a thousand times better keeper than mushy. IMO he was our biggest loss to ICL I still cant figure out why he would leave. He was part of the playing 11 for that OZ tour.

One World
July 24, 2010, 10:30 AM
Dhiman looked pretty ordinary with the bat. I dont know if it was because it was his first tour with the national team or what but he didnt seem all that to me. But he is a thousand times better keeper than mushy. IMO he was our biggest loss to ICL I still cant figure out why he would leave. He was part of the playing 11 for that OZ tour.

I just checked his stats. He was just as ordinary as Ash. He actually scored better against Pak and Aus than Ire and RSA, now RSA touring us was his first series I think.

imtiaz82
July 24, 2010, 11:05 PM
I think the whole team is overrated,we are still at the same standard as the 99 WC team. 11 years and no improvement..

Sohel
July 25, 2010, 06:27 AM
Mofees, Da Rok, Rajin, Nazim:Dddin, SR Shubho & MS Shubho.

zainab
July 25, 2010, 06:30 AM
As long as the players play like they do not know how to play cricket and are playing like schoolboys.
In fact, when they are playing, many commentators comment that they look like schoolboys.
When they beat WI in the WC20/20 in 07, the great Gary Sobers admonished the WI players saying that they should hang their heads in shame that they were beaten by a bunch of schoolboys.
I hope that this team has a sense of shame to know that they were beaten soundly by 2 Associates, especially Netherlands. They are playing these 2 in the WC 2011 at home, it will be terribly humilating if they were to lose in their own backyard.

simon
July 25, 2010, 07:11 AM
I think the whole team is overrated,we are still at the same standard as the 99 WC team. 11 years and no improvement..

No way,I hope u don't really mean that.
But our bowling comparing to 2007 is far worse indeed.

Mofees, Da Rok, Rajin, Nazim:Dddin, SR Shubho & MS Shubho.

The Rock :o,c'mon,he is underrated according to me.He is a briliant fielder too.:)

Nadim
July 25, 2010, 07:49 AM
No way,I hope u don't really mean that.
But our bowling comparing to 2007 is far worse indeed.

The Rock :o,c'mon,he is underrated according to me.He is a briliant fielder too.:)

Can't agree with you. He have dropped couple of dolly early of the yr...(cost us the 1st Test against INDIA) :mad:

shakibrulz
July 25, 2010, 09:14 AM
Actually I don't feel any of them are overrated. Still Mushy, and Kapali I feel are overrated among fans.

Imteaz
July 25, 2010, 09:20 AM
Everyone.

lamisa
July 25, 2010, 10:39 AM

dhiman is a very good keeper.as far as i remember,he used to bat lower down in the order and always chipped in some useful runs for us.but before leaving for icl,he said that he has returned all the favours that bd cricket has done to him or something along those lines.what a beiman!

Eshen
July 25, 2010, 12:41 PM
sorry to say but...
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkLTHvSIQYzhvAp6kfPW2BtSQ5C0D3F 5d1rjOsvNdb2UorY0g&t=1&usg=__thj_2jihahtmNpmUF8uI2Fs9YfQ=since 2007 world cup...as if we shouldn't have any other better wicket keeper or middle order batsman without him.
Yep. When it comes to current national players, Mushfiq is the most overrated one. He is just another inconsistent Bangladeshi batsman, who often causes big dents to our chance of winning with his horrible keeping :hairpull:

Ajfar
July 25, 2010, 12:57 PM
^ except in test. He was our only performing batsman in test until recently when tamim completely took over

Eshen
July 25, 2010, 01:01 PM
^^ He drops catches in Tests also, where dropped catches cost you even more than they do in ODIs.

M.H.Rubel
July 25, 2010, 01:02 PM
Ai thread ta chalu howar por theke ami onk chesta kreo kno over rated player berk krte parlam na.Amr pokhe Bangladesh ar kno player over rated ata bola sombhob na tobe i think Mushy and Rubel Hosain ar quality khub akta vlo na.

Ajfar
July 25, 2010, 01:03 PM
^^ He drops catches in Tests also, where dropped catches cost you even more than they do in ODIs.

I was talking about his batting only bhaijan

Eshen
July 25, 2010, 01:11 PM
I was talking about his batting only bhaijan

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Yeah, his Test batting record is not too bad, but that's only if you consider his records in subcontinent.

simon
July 25, 2010, 02:03 PM
Yeah, his Test batting record is not too bad, but that's only if you consider his records in subcontinent.

U r 100% right.
Mushy looks such a quality Test batsman only in subcontinent.
But out of subcont he is very ordinary.:(Maybe once he did well in SA Test & maybe also once in Eng,I guess,when he was a debutant?:confused:

One World
July 25, 2010, 07:46 PM
If you need batsman at least a batsman of half Tamim's atrocity lower down the order can change the whole game for us. Add to that in form Mash and Shak. With someone like Rafique who can dry the runs down and a WK who can hold on to catches, a good fielding display can actually turn the screw on our direction.

shakibrulz
July 26, 2010, 10:01 AM
I hope you're being sarcastic, or just trolling?

BTW Rubel Ahmed WHO? /:)

gunda
July 26, 2010, 10:36 AM
1.Mushy
2.Nayeem
3.Shuvo

M.H.Rubel
July 26, 2010, 11:45 AM
1.Mushy
2.Nayeem
3.Shuvo

Naeem is a good fighting cricketer plus he is a good part timer.He has improved his bowling a lot in recent times so i have a feeling that this fighting cricketer will come back.

Imteaz
July 29, 2010, 12:43 AM
Only according to personal choice. Fact is judged very rarely.

Green Tea
September 13, 2010, 06:19 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/resize/maxDim/460x1000/img/uploads/media/2010-09-13-17-10-46-091630000-sahriyar.jpg

Looking at the future..... with smile......

al-Sagar
September 13, 2010, 07:53 PM
to me, abdur rajjak raj is overrarted

Zeeshan
September 14, 2010, 12:59 AM
Rasel, Rubel, Shahadat....

Their economy makes Bill Gates look like a peasant.

shabbir
September 14, 2010, 02:06 AM
Rubel Hossain , Mohammad Sharif and Dollar are the most over rated pace bowler of Bangladesh.
Aftab Ahmed and Al Shahriar Rokon are the most over rated batsman of Bangladesh.
Kapali and Farhad Reza are the most over rated all rounder of Bangladesh.
Rahim is the most over rated wicket keeper of Bangladesh.

lamisa
September 14, 2010, 04:55 AM
Rasel, Rubel, Shahadat....

Their economy makes Bill Gates look like a peasant.

shafiul is also very expensive but with rubel and shafiul,it's that they are wicket-takers.though i must admit that rubel was seriously inconsistent before the 2nd odi against england.he would always bowl no-balls and bowl in the leg side line thus giving away too many runs

simon
September 14, 2010, 05:00 AM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/resize/maxDim/460x1000/img/uploads/media/2010-09-13-17-10-46-091630000-sahriyar.jpg

Looking at the future..... with smile......

there comes another super over-rated & the most mean-minded batsman of BD.:notworthy:

BANFAN
September 14, 2010, 06:20 AM
I think Mash is too over rated. He is good and our best until some new guys came in recently.

shakibrulz
September 14, 2010, 08:12 AM
I think Mash is too over rated. He is good and our best until some new guys came in recently.

I agree he's overrated, but when he has won you matches? So I don't think he's wayy overrated. /:)

riankhan
September 14, 2010, 09:07 AM
I agree he's overrated, but when he has won you matches? So I don't think he's wayy overrated. /:)

Old Mash wasnt over rated. He isnt the same after coming back from injury (though he did ok job). I believe and hope he will come back strong like the old Mash we used to see. BD needs him!

simon
September 14, 2010, 09:16 AM

u exaggerate.
Mash won 3 big games for us.
he is handy with the bat too.

shakibrulz
September 14, 2010, 10:13 AM
Old Mash wasnt over rated. He isnt the same after coming back from injury (though he did ok job). I believe and hope he will come back strong like the old Mash we used to see. BD needs him!

He was always overrated, but not way overrated. (Overrated doesn't mean bad, just giving him more hype than he deserves).

He performed reasonably well in England and has proven to be a decent captain too. I won't call him way overrated even now.

nakibahmed
September 14, 2010, 10:16 AM
Farhad Reza...probably the most untalented bowler to get an ODI 5-for! :P

shakibrulz
September 14, 2010, 10:23 AM
International players who I feel are overrated:
MS Dhoni
Kevin Pietersen
Umar Akmal
Kallis (One of the most overrated players to play cricket)

roman
September 14, 2010, 10:23 AM
How could you guys say that Mash is overrated? He is the only pacer we have who we can atleast compare with other international pace bowlers. I agree that injuries have taken a lot away from him but please dont forget that a fit Mashrafe can be very lethal. In my opinion the most overrated players are Aftab, Roqib and to some extent Ashraful

BANFAN
September 15, 2010, 07:36 AM
u exaggerate.
Mash won 3 big games for us.
he is handy with the bat too.

He hasn't taken a 5 wkt haul in career and you talk of winning three games for us? He is too poor in final overs, we lost some winning matches for him. If your most experienced bowler cannot take the ball in final overs & you have to bring in a spinner for that, that says about his actual ability? So if he is economical in initial overs, it's not because of his bowling, it's rathar the new ball. In fact he should have been our 3rd seamer. Un fortunately we didn't have a better seamer before. So no denying fact that he was our best, but in comparison to other teams & as a standard strike bowler, we over rate him way too much and compare him with such pacers that we wouldn't have done if we were neutral. That's how we over rate him.

Your final statement is also over rated, he is pathetic with the bat. He made a few good scores before, but all through blind hitting. The way he keeps running towards the leg again and again to hit the ball blindly, it's too pathetic to watch. Dayle Stein hit a 50 the other day, he can't be called handy with the bat.

But again, he was our best bowler for some time and he has good contribution in our cricket like Ash has, he was also our best with the bat for some time. But world class performers got to be much better than that. They aren't. That's where we over rate him.

Tiger444
September 15, 2010, 09:36 AM
He hasn't taken a 5 wkt haul in career and you talk of winning three games for us? He is too poor in final overs, we lost some winning matches for him. If your most experienced bowler cannot take the ball in final overs & you have to bring in a spinner for that, that says about his actual ability? So if he is economical in initial overs, it's not because of his bowling, it's rathar the new ball. In fact he should have been our 3rd seamer. Un fortunately we didn't have a better seamer before. So no denying fact that he was our best, but in comparison to other teams & as a standard strike bowler, we over rate him way too much and compare him with such pacers that we wouldn't have done if we were neutral. That's how we over rate him.

Your final statement is also over rated, he is pathetic with the bat. He made a few good scores before, but all through blind hitting. The way he keeps running towards the leg again and again to hit the ball blindly, it's too pathetic to watch. Dayle Stein hit a 50 the other day, he can't be called handy with the bat.

But again, he was our best bowler for some time and he has good contribution in our cricket like Ash has, he was also our best with the bat for some time. But world class performers got to be much better than that. They aren't. That's where we over rate him.

I really hate to say it but your right..you've made a great point here..its not really because of Mash that he was the best but because our other pacers were very ordinary..true he's won us a few games but when you dig deep in to his stats then you see the real picture..when you take out the minnows and just see his performances then you see how Mash isn't all that great..he averages a 43.32 and his economy rate is 5.13..thats actually worse then Rasel and Baisya which really shows how poor Mash has done against quality batting lineups..also his test bowling his average as well..Mash's successes were against minnows and thats why you see that very impressive average when you look at his ODI stats..his bowling is great in the initial overs and I give him full credit to that but as you say his bowling in the death has just been too poor to call him great..don't get me wrong I love Mash but if he really wants to be called great his bowling needs to pick up..if he can improve his bowling in the death then he can be a much better bowler overall..

nakibahmed
September 15, 2010, 10:25 AM
MS Dhoni
Kevin Pietersen
Umar Akmal

I totally agree with the first three,but Kallis??..com'on,man,that guy is just pure class!

shakibrulz
September 15, 2010, 11:15 AM
I totally agree with the first three,but Kallis??..com'on,man,that guy is just pure class!
Agreed he's amassed a few runs, but he's nowhere near good as those stats suggest. One of the most selfish players around who plays merely for averages.

simon
September 15, 2010, 11:59 AM

Who cares abt a 5 wckt haul if it doesn't make yr team win,in that case Shahadat should be considered as our best fast bowler,it's like we see batsmen getting centuries but still their team loose at the end.
But yet because of his good bowling or his alround performance we did win 3 big games.

if u r talking abt ODI batting then I say u r right but in Test I saw him playing some very usefull innings under pressure when we were like trying to avoid the follow on or that most of our btsmen failed.

Overall,I think we see the adjective "overrated" a bit differently.
To me overrated players are those who make big headlines,those we praise a lot but don't contribute much.

Habib
September 15, 2010, 12:50 PM
Agreed he's amassed a few runs, but he's nowhere near good as those stats suggest. One of the most selfish players around who plays merely for averages.

He's a selfish player no doubt. And he plays with no smile whatsoever. But if being selfish brings that kind of success then who we are to argue?

roaring tigerz
September 15, 2010, 01:11 PM
MS Dhoni
Kevin Pietersen
Umar Akmal

wait am i missing something here? With the exclusion of Umar Akmal the rest of the crew are future hall of famers. They are the best players in their side and have the records to back that up. We might not personally idolize them but how are they over-rated?

A couple of people referred to the above post and labeled Kallis "selfish" and "not smiling." Ludicrous! Kallis is currently the 6th highest all time leading run scorer in tests and will probably end up among the top 3 scorers by the time his illustrious career comes to an end. Add to that over 600 international wickets and you have got, arguably the most prolific all-rounder of all time.

Is he selfish because he is not able to play the flamboyant innings which we are so used to nowadays? If he is selfish because he guards his wicket with dear life, then SA will want 10 more of him in every match. I won't hold my breath waiting for Bangladesh to find someone of Kallis' brilliance.

Habib
September 15, 2010, 01:18 PM
^Ofcourse he's a great player & already a legend. And it's also true that he's selfish & a 'robot'. May be those attributes actually helped him to get such success.
P.S. I don't think he's overrated.

roaring tigerz
September 15, 2010, 01:20 PM
Any top order batsman worth his paygrade must average over 35 in tests and 30 in ODIs after a prolonged stint in the side. By the same token any bowler should have a sub 30 average to be considered world class. The only two current cricketers in the Bangladesh team who can rub shoulders with the best are Tamim and Shakib. A few others are really good but would not make it to most other international sides. I would not call them over-rated because we are the ones burdering them with unrealisticaly high expectations. But I would say they are still below par when it comes to the highest level.

BANFAN
September 16, 2010, 03:39 AM
Who cares abt a 5 wckt haul if it doesn't make yr team win,in that case Shahadat should be considered as our best fast bowler,it's like we see batsmen getting centuries but still their team loose at the end.
But yet because of his good bowling or his alround performance we did win 3 big games.

You are taking it to the other direction sisi. If you want to give the credit of winning a match to a bowler, it must be a min 5 wkt haul, other wise he played well, but victory is a team effort. you can't say an individual bowler won us three matches by taking 3/4 wkts. Isn't that over rating ?

Look, the way, you are making Mash the Hero and Shahadat a Zero, Shows your tendency of overrating Mash. And off course you aren't alone. It's no fun taking a fifer against Eng in Lords. You must give credit to Shahadat as well for those great performances and discredit Mash for completely failing to ball the final overs. You will get the balance.

I love Mash as well, he had been our best pacer for some time. But I also understand his standard and don't like to over rate him the way you do.

Baundule
September 16, 2010, 04:25 AM
In the current team, Tamim is the most overrated one. He has surpassed Ashraful in our expectation. He playes test for himself and in shorter format fails to deliver even 20% of what is expected from him by us.

Ashfaq
September 16, 2010, 08:31 AM
Almost all current players are over rated and this statement is timeless. A player can not be judged except at the end of his career. Hence, it is safe to say that we almost always over-rate the current crop. Thank god history is written by statisticians.

simon
September 16, 2010, 11:36 AM
as we r taliking abt International players now I think Hashim AMla is underrated,he is an amazing batsman but we don't talk much abt him.

Bond
September 16, 2010, 12:04 PM
Overrated
1) Mushfiqur Rahim (drops catches in every matches and gets out when team needs him, his batting is worse than Stuart Broad).
2) Riyadh - drops catches in every matches as well, selfish player also sloppiest fielder alive
3) Naeem Baikka Islam - useless ghordhop, ramchagol, modon
4) Mashrafe Mortaza - he should retire from test, his opening overs are ok but his last overs are so awful that u would choose Ashraful over him.

lamisa
September 17, 2010, 05:29 AM
^^^mushy isn't as bad a batsmean as u are saying

shakibrulz
September 17, 2010, 06:21 AM
as we r taliking abt International players now I think Hashim AMla is underrated,he is an amazing batsman but we don't talk much abt him.

Hasim Amla is not underrated. He's sort of an FTB, but he's definitely a decent enough player. I won't rate him that high though.