PDA

View Full Version : Tamim’s Hot Exchange of words with a Fan

patriot
July 23, 2010, 10:10 AM
Tamim exchanged a few hot words with a fan sitting a few metres away from me during the game against the Dutch. Initially I thought of not opening a thread for this but in a different thread today I had seen a wrong report from Inqilab about BD players being abused by Pakistani Fans.

http://www.dailyinqilab.com/july22/index.htm

The BD reporter misinterpreted the incident and it was actually our own Bangladeshi fans abusing Tamim.

After Shakib got Szwarczynski LBW in the 14th over, Tamim came to field on the long off boundary where most fans were seated. As this wasn’t a high profile match the ground didn’t have proper seating arrangements in place which allowed fans to sit a few yards just outside the boundary line.

As Tamim approached the rope, the following conversation took place:

Fan : Tamim Vai , Last wicket ta ke nilo

Tamim didn’t reply and made a “ I don’t Know” face at the fan.

Fan : Ki bolen Tamim Bhai , Apne Janenna apnar team er ke wicket nilo . Nijher team er player janen na.

Tamim goes back to field a bowl. Comes back and replies.

Tamim : Apne amake sheekabhen amar teamer ke ase ?

Fan : Apnake jighash korlan shoja uttor diben , bhai.

Tamim got really pisssed off

He replied : Apnar lojja lagenna , apnader ke desh theke ber kore dise , tai ekhane aschen.

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt220/STAX_010/DSC_0236.jpg

A few (Pathetic Fans) started shouting verbal abuses at him : Chatgyai Polar dimakh baida gese , England duita ccentruy maira . Attitude problem ase . Dekha nimu Chittagong gele.

End of over,

Tamim moves from long off and goes to field in short mid on and returned back to long off the over after that. The same scummy fans continue to pass pathetic comments at Tamim. No replies from Tamim.

Meanwhile I managed to go to Tamim for an autograph which he happily gave. After the over Tamim went and complained to the Umpire which then got the match referee involved. The match stopped for 5 or so minutes and more security staff came and removed all the fans a few yards back.

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt220/STAX_010/DSC_0241.jpg

I am surprised there was no mention of this incident in both Cricnfo and CricketEurope.

The autograph Pic (Just to make you guys Jealous :) ) :

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt220/STAX_010/IMG_0137.jpg

I was deeply saddened that day by the actions of some of our own pathetic fans. So what Tamim showed attitude. He certainly earned that.

magic boy
July 23, 2010, 10:25 AM
I don't see anything wrong with Tamim Iqbal....whoever that fan was should had been treated like this because of irritating the player with unnecessary question.

alibangali
July 23, 2010, 10:26 AM
He replied : Apnar lojja lagenna , apnader ke desh theke ber kore dise , tai ekhane aschen.

unacceptable comment from a professional who many fans admire. I have lost a bit of respect for Tamim.

lamisa
July 23, 2010, 10:27 AM
tamim's remark about "apnaderke desh theke ber kore dise" was weird.shouldn't have said that.ar tamimer basha chittagong e shobai chine,ei fangula ekhon or bashar shamne giye iit-patkel marle o ki korbe?:D

alibangali
July 23, 2010, 10:28 AM
I don't see anything wrong with Tamim Iqbal....whoever that fan was should had been treated like this because of irritating the player with unnecessary question.

Yes but what he said was uncalled for especially to a probashi like me.

magic boy
July 23, 2010, 10:32 AM
Yes but what he said was uncalled for especially to a probashi like me.

true that..uncalled for deshi bhais living abroad.I think Tamim dint try to mean all. sad

again shona kothay ki trust korbo !!

beshideshi
July 23, 2010, 10:37 AM
I have spent quite some time in the galleries in BD, and some of the things that the spectators decide to say to the players are just horrible. Players barely react to the spectators, unless something very harsh is said by the crowd. So without a broader picture we should not really make any calls about Tamim.
One thing I recall, it was a FC match in comilla, and some fans were teasing Javed Omar about his wife, and listening to the comments was making me angry. Only after about 20-25 minutes of rubbish did javed Omar talk back[can't recall what he said] So if a player has to say something harsh to the crowd, the crowd must have done some real nasty stuff.

czone
July 23, 2010, 10:40 AM
No matter the stats of win and loss, a player can just take so much abuse. Even a player is supposed to be professional in this kind of situation and ignore the comments, they are also just humans.

_Rafi_
July 23, 2010, 10:56 AM

i have to disagree with you if following statement of Tamim is true

He replied : Apnar lojja lagenna , apnader ke desh theke ber kore dise , tai ekhane aschen

under no circumstances he has any right to say this.

rinathq
July 23, 2010, 11:17 AM
i think he was pissed, they were loosing the match so oviously he was in a bad mood. But what kind of fans are they???

lamisa
July 23, 2010, 11:32 AM
^^^very angry ones and frustrated as well

Baundule
July 23, 2010, 11:34 AM
(In a para-match) once I was hit for a 6 in an over and went to field near the boundary line. The spectators were abusing me like hell (saying 'amar chan khelo? sokka pithay kemne' or something more horrible). When we were batting, I blocked one delivery in Rahul Dravid style and hit the next one for a SIX. The same set of spectators were praising me saying 'dekh, koto hishab kore khele'.

As a player one should not get agitated by fans' comments. Many of the fans comment harsh only for fun, they do not mean it. Sometimes they comment harsh only because you can not fulfill their expectations when they are supporting you.

MohammedC
July 23, 2010, 11:39 AM
Ok, I dont have any problem with that. As long as our player does not exchange swear words.

simon
July 23, 2010, 11:48 AM
at least Zeeshan bro will be happy now.:-D

MohammedC
July 23, 2010, 11:56 AM
We need a few bad boys in our team, He should now channel his aggression to opposite team but our cricketers problem is conversion,they cant convert 50s to 100s how can they convert this in to sledging.

bujhee kom
July 23, 2010, 12:21 PM
First of all thank you my dearest Patriot bhai for posting this incident and informing us with true details. I know Patriot bhai well enough in BC and I believe each and every word of his. Typical stupid incompetant so called journalist of Inquilab, calling these Bangladeshi scumbags (our scumbags) Pakistani!

And I like to also say this to dear AliBangali bhai, Lamisa apu and Rafi bhai that I I know what you all mean, I can hear you guys. I know you 3 very well too, I am a probashi myself as well....but here, in this case, I sympathise with Tamim completely and I will give him my full moral support, and after listening to me I urge you beloved 3 to also accept and at least understand my feelings and points.

Here is the perfect example of a bunch of low lives scumbags of pure, genuine lineage of Mir-Jaffar, Ghosheti Begum, Rai Durlobh, Umi Chand and Jogot Sheth on the sideline gallery of that stadium in Glassgow! Why would a person ask a player,(mind you, the player they are suppossed to ADMIRE and LOVE) if not with the simple desire to insult, instigate trouble, intention to mentally abuse, this question, "Hey bhai, who got out just now?" When you little scumbags are watching the game stitting right there? Huuhhh, Answer me!! Your only desire is to frack with that young man Tamim Iqbal's mind who was simply unfortunately had to field right there! And at a time when the team is about to take a dip into the lowest moments of it's recent time. At a time when this player Tamim must have been naturally feeling even more suffering and mental anguish and mind you again this is the time when we/I/anybody?god would have expected the last bit of sympathy if there was any left in that gallery/ground/spectators, from nobody but those few little scumbags, as them being a bunch of fellow country men, same people, supporter!!!!

And instead what did they do? They mentally tortured him, like a bunch of cruel savage kids all of a sudden cornering and poking and torturing a poor helpless (helpless, Tamim?, yes, a player is helpless at a situation like that as he has everything to lose if he acts a bit stupidly, a small mistake in his calculation, if he loses his temper, if he hits a spectator out of heat of the moment etc. when the so called spectator scumbag/s has/have nothing, absolutely nothing to lose, He/they is /are NOBODY. Even if he/they go to jail for a day or two for misdemeanor charges the frackers will come back out on the street the very next day and still be on their way to some unfulfilled lives of street criminals!!!

Threatening a player, a young player mind oyu, who will find these stuffs more unsettling than say a person like me who is 40, is a big deal - I mean attacking his house in Chittagong, where his mother, father, siblings, family live you are threatening to destroy the windows and harming them and maybe hurting the family menmbers in the process.....what would that do to my mental state?

Tamim said, "apnaderke desh theke ber kore dise, tai ekhaney boshe asen or whatever" ...why is that so bad, I will say the young man Tamim was very polite, and he only said that with pretty good courtesy and cool head. These scumbags would have been thugs have they been in Bangladesh and after being in Glassgow and behaving like that they only proved that yes, they are indeed a bunch of faulti-birth anti-socials who should be kicked out of any land where human decency is even slightly visible!@!!!

I repeat these scumbags were kicked out of Bangladesh and they will eventually find themselves kicked out of Scotland as well!!! These scumbags of flesh and blood have no proper birth record...I mean these are after all the bloodline of the traitor Mir-Jaffar and Ghosheti Begum!! I detest them, I loathe them with every bit of my energy!

May Allah bless Tamim, Bangladesh and the good people of Bangladesh! And may the scumbags, whether born in Bangladesh or anywhere in the world, whatever race or creed, be treated as scum anywhere in the earth! :flag:

Dilscoop
July 23, 2010, 12:35 PM

Things would have ended right there if Tamim either just ignored and preteneded not to hear, or just ans the damn question by saying "Shakib" and not bother after that. Fan er shathay beshi kotha bollar ki lagay? Beshi bollay arokomi hoi.

but this is nothing, worse things happened with fans and sportsmen/celebrity.

btw, how come Bangla newspapers are saying those were Pakistani fans? Did this argument took in Eng or Bangla?

Roni_uk
July 23, 2010, 01:39 PM
I know you guys are defending Tamim but Bangladeshi players really need to learn how to handle or 'ignore' passing comments by fans. I don't know how many times I have seen Aussie players getting abused [pretty seriously] by the English players and seen the same ... Aussies are abusing the English players in the field during a match. In both cases, I must say all the players keep their cool (most of the time) and concentrate on playing cricket. Why did Tamim need to reply back to the fan and prove the fact that he is arrogant, I really don't understand? Didn't Ashraful do the same in Bangladesh and beat up some fan?

Murad
July 23, 2010, 01:44 PM
tamims and co deserve to be abused.

taklu ke keo jodi gala gal dite parto..

sometimes i wish fans in bangladesh act like the indians.

amra pura bengali jaati ei koita re mathai tule rakhsi to tai egulor daam bere gese.. khelai perform korte pare na abar criticism o shojjo korte pare na..

bujhee kom
July 23, 2010, 01:51 PM
After reading some of your comments bhais and apas, I agree, Tamim needs to learn to ignore the crowd. I am sorry I went overboard in that long post.

Dilscoop
July 23, 2010, 01:53 PM
btw that's an ugly @$$ sig

Look like a year old baby found a pen and had the time of his life

Beamer
July 23, 2010, 02:01 PM

amra pura bengali jaati ei koita re mathai tule rakhsi to tai egulor daam bere gese.. khelai perform korte pare na abar criticism o shojjo korte pare na..

Murad, I know you don't mean any of that. It is after all only a game.

_Rafi_
July 23, 2010, 02:06 PM
B_K vai, I know condition were adverse and very much unexpected from our own BD fans. But Tamim should have known controlling himself. He is a role model of many. He could complain about it to the authority earliar without involving himself in verbal exchanges. His and our fans attitude were like our one of our most infamous subcontinental team. I dont want our team to be like them.

One World
July 23, 2010, 02:07 PM
Tamim should be more tolerant. The sporting profession is more like performing arts. Those people are of a different league. Exposure and people skills should become their second nature. I hope as a young guy Tamim will take the lesson from here and will not repeat such mistakes. Remember how we criticised Ash when he had that Jalal incident. The person in sports or performance always need to carry that responsibility to handle criticism, yellow journalism, paparazzi, angry mobs, supporters and fans. It is good that they are learning early in their career.

Murad
July 23, 2010, 02:10 PM
Murad, I know you don't mean any of that. It is after all only a game.

You are right, Beamer bhai. I didn't mean it. But egulor achoron dekhe shotti matha kharap hoye jai. Game win kore kisu korle tao bhalo lagto. Manush eto money and time waste kore odher khela dekhte jai ei ashai je ora jodi kisu korte pare..kintu always nirash kore. abar kisu bolle ta hojom korte pare na. aren't they professionals?

2008 e Ash ke Jamal ki bolse..ar shei giya diyese thappor.. tar aage o onek hoise erokom. I'm really losing respects for some of these players.

Beamer
July 23, 2010, 02:19 PM
You are right, Beamer bhai. I didn't mean it. But egulor achoron dekhe shotti matha kharap hoye jai. Game win kore kisu korle tao bhalo lagto. Manush eto money and time waste kore odher khela dekhte jai ei ashai je ora jodi kisu korte pare..kintu always nirash kore. abar kisu bolle ta hojom korte pare na. aren't they professionals?

2008 e Ash ke Jamal ki bolse..ar shei giya diyese thappor.. tar aage o onek hoise erokom. I'm really losing respects for some of these players.

I know you didn't.

azkal kar player ra onek bhodro if you compare them to the players back in the days. Umpire bhul decision dilo local league e , bas..wkt diye dhama dham bari. ekbar shunlam jey ek umpire er cycle dhongsho korey disey after the game. ICC r kono rule chilo no oboshho. ekhon egula korley shoja ban hoye jabey. tobey, eta thik, players just should ignore idiots. period.

habfreak
July 23, 2010, 02:21 PM
I don't think Tamim is proud of the 'Desh theke ber kore dise' comment himself; that's why he calmed down after and did the appropriate thing by involving the officials. As for the fans, why make a trip to the ground if you are going to abuse your own player? They were looking for attention with unnecessary questions, and Tamim had every right to not answer. The 'Nijer team-e rplayer chinen na' comment was classless and if that's the kind of class those guys carry in othe raspects of their lives...they probably were thrown out of our country. As a Probashi myself; I have to admit that there are two types of NRB; one that couldn't survive the system back home but still wants to do something for their homeland...other that are just happy to have escaped, and lack the class, qualification or intent to make a living in Bangladesh.

Back on topic; from my experience, Tamim is very nice to his fans. During his century in the India test in Dhaka, a group of fans kept cheering for him from the VIP galleries and shouted out meaningful instructions (Thanda mathai, 4 over baki tea break-er etc). He was very responsive to those fans and raised his bat especially to those fans every time he came back to the dressing room. He was also very nice when I got his autograph, although he did play hard to get the first time I asked. But he's a celebrity and I'm the fan....he doesn't have to come running to me every time I ask a question ;)

dash
July 23, 2010, 03:14 PM
it is nothing unusual.....if you go to grounds in bd the abuse the players get is much worse.....and infact banter goes on everywhere...........

Tiger-ess
July 23, 2010, 04:02 PM
I know you guys are defending Tamim but Bangladeshi players really need to learn how to handle or 'ignore' passing comments by fans. I don't know how many times I have seen Aussie players getting abused [pretty seriously] by the English players and seen the same ... Aussies are abusing the English players in the field during a match. In both cases, I must say all the players keep their cool (most of the time) and concentrate on playing cricket. Why did Tamim need to reply back to the fan and prove the fact that he is arrogant, I really don't understand? Didn't Ashraful do the same in Bangladesh and beat up some fan?

I agree Roni bhai :)
One time I was at an England v Austrailia match and English fans were saying things to Brett Lee when he came to field in the deep, although he didnt 'ignore' them completely he reacted in a way which was hilariously acceptable, he basically stuck his belly out tapped it with his hands and made a 'dissapointed look' face to the guy who was shouting things to him as in to say "you've got one hell of a belly mate (he did) better lose it" :lol: banter really..
same match they were abusing Shane Watson but he just ignored it, even though he kept looking back with a screwed up face and you could tell he's getting pissed off!

Tiger-ess
July 23, 2010, 04:16 PM
About this topic Im with everyone here, I dont think there was any need for those fans to start all that bs, and likewise Tamim shouldnt have reacted like that.

Although I must say when I met Tamim back in may he was awfully nice to myself and all the other fans who wanted autograph/photograph. When I got my picture with him before I could even say anything he was like 'ok then thank you' I was a taken aback a bit by this gesture.
This was when they were playing practice match against surrey, so i was there for most of the day and I must say even I was getting bored of all the fans going upto him let alone himself!! But he was very nice about it and didnt look annoyed by the never-ending amount fans wanting a bit of him!!
If anything, and I really dont wanna bring them into this but I just want to prove my point, guys like Shahadat/Zunaid/Riyad couldnt have been any less friendlier to the big crowd of fans. In fact I dont know if anyone here knows this story but Rajib was actually ready to have a physical fight with a group of fans (long story) and it was Tamim and Jamie Siddons who came out and took him away!:o

nahaz
July 23, 2010, 06:06 PM
"He replied : Apnar lojja lagenna , apnader ke desh theke ber kore dise , tai ekhane aschen."

A poor comment in any situation for any international player. He basically insulted a lot of probashis there...

However, I have observed a lot of crass behaviour by Bangladeshi fans the one time I was in Dhaka stadium in that India test match where tamim scored 150...Soon as Imrul got out, ppl started yelling "you son of a wh**e" to him repeatedlyin Bangla. Really? What did the guy ever do to you? I thought you guys are supporters!! The guy was a Mech Engineering student too. Seeing how crazy Bangladeshis are at times, I did not want to stop him. I felt sorry for Imrul.

This kind of " I can make rude comments because the team is playing crap" really has to stop. People even spit on the players. A lot of these low-lives deserve to get beaten up...This kind of behaviour affect the player performance during the matches, believe it or not..If you need to tease them, do it with more class.

One of my team-mates once held up a sign "Can't bat, can't toss" for Ponting during his rough patch in THAT Pakistan match in Sydney. That was smart. Got coverage in national papers and Cricinfo. It probably even fired up other players enough to snatch victory from jaws of defeat.

Our players also need to learn to totally blank out their mind from these comments. If they cant heck this, how do they endure sledging on the field?

al Furqaan
July 23, 2010, 06:16 PM
players have a right to respond to hostile comments, within reason. even some profanity might be OK...of course i guess that would indicate the forfeiture of some class, but eh...

the fans have come to support the team, right? why else should they be there? if the players play poorly, then offer some constructive criticism...but insults, are too much.

Ananna
July 23, 2010, 06:31 PM
About this topic Im with everyone here, I dont think there was any need for those fans to start all that bs, and likewise Tamim shouldnt have reacted like that.

Although I must say when I met Tamim back in may he was awfully nice to myself and all the other fans who wanted autograph/photograph. When I got my picture with him before I could even say anything he was like 'ok then thank you' I was a taken aback a bit by this gesture.
This was when they were playing practice match against surrey, so i was there for most of the day and I must say even I was getting bored of all the fans going upto him let alone himself!! But he was very nice about it and didnt look annoyed by the never-ending amount fans wanting a bit of him!!
If anything, and I really dont wanna bring them into this but I just want to prove my point, guys like Shahadat/Zunaid/Riyad couldnt have been any less friendlier to the big crowd of fans. In fact I dont know if anyone here knows this story but Rajib was actually ready to have a physical fight with a group of fans (long story) and it was Tamim and Jamie Siddons who came out and took him away!:o

That sounds more like him. He is one of the few in this team he has education.

Roni_uk
July 23, 2010, 06:31 PM

I saw Brett Lee getting abused multiple times. Poor guy just used to smile at the fans and concentrate back on the match. He is probably the coolest of the lot... like him a lot.

I have seen Shane Warne got abused by Aussies themselves.. calling him fat b***d. Warny never paid heed to it.

During the last Ashes in Sydney, I saw Mathew Hoggard getting abused big time throughout the match by the aussie fans, and guess what he does - IGNORE everybody.

Tamim needs to learn. In fact all of them do... they need 'how to handle media and fans' training.

Holden
July 23, 2010, 06:45 PM
As Tamim approached the rope, the following conversation took place:

Fan : Tamim Vai , Last wicket ta ke nilo

Fan : Ki bolen Tamim Bhai , Apne Janenna apnar team er ke wicket nilo . Nijher team er player janen na.

Tamim goes back to field a bowl. Comes back and replies.

Tamim : Apne amake sheekabhen amar teamer ke ase ?

Fan : Apnake jighash korlan shoja uttor diben , bhai.

Tamim got really pisssed off

Can someone please translate this for me as my Bangla bhasha isn't great, Thanks

Naimul_Hd
July 23, 2010, 09:04 PM

what did he actually mean to say ?? I used to believe,Tamim is a well educated person, but his comment made me wrong.

A few (Pathetic Fans) started shouting verbal abuses at him : Chatgyai Polar dimakh baida gese , England duita ccentruy maira . Attitude problem ase .
I agree with this statement made by fans.

Rifat
July 23, 2010, 09:13 PM
I don't know who to support? the fan? or Tamim Iqbal?

You cannot justify your wrong by someone else's wrong. Mainly, The fan's reaction as was wrong as Tamim Iqbal's reply!

the less said about this incident, the better :-| it really sums up the current scenario quite perfectly!

This isn't the first Time Tamim has been involved in "jhogra"...

al-Sagar
July 23, 2010, 10:00 PM
from my personal experience i have seen, how rudes fans become sometime while passing comments to a player. and its just not one fan, a group of people continuously disturbing a player with continuous comments.

we have to realize our players are not SUPERMAN. they have emotions. so its hard to control. But who u blame ??? a player that has finally lost his control, or the group of fans who have been consistently teasing him to break his self-control.

here is one of my real experience ....

it was the BD vs IREland 3 match series at SNBS. i watched all the three matches. there was this certain group fans who come from a certain area of mirpur. and one of our players once had an affair with a girl of that area, which later broke down. that group of fan always targetted tahat player. wherever he fielded they went near him, and started passing comments with the name of that girl and very bad language. first two games when the player saw that happening he asked the captain to not send him to field towards the eastern gallery and thus he escaped. but third game again they started it and this time the player made some bad gestures towards that group of fan and then never came back to field their.

and also these ppl, also was coming in the stadium when BD was fielding.

cricket_king
July 23, 2010, 11:50 PM
It's sad that this is what professional players have to put up with. I wouldn't be able to bear too much stupidity from fans, and would sooner or later launch a gruesome assault on the perpetrators. So I can't blame Tamim, though as a professional, you'd expect him to ignore the very first comment.

aniksh1
July 24, 2010, 12:16 AM
Tamim shud just ignore them..lol..not worth it..

cricketboy
July 24, 2010, 02:52 AM
Tamim lost my respect. Pathetic statement from him about Bangladeshis living abroad.

Antora
July 24, 2010, 03:27 AM
Okay... that comment about Bangladeshis living abroad is something I didn't expect from him :S.
and.. that's one unique (?) sig 0_o

deshprem
July 24, 2010, 05:27 AM
maybe wat tamim said might have been too much. but the idiot fan was asking for somthn harsh. otherwise he wud have kept on going.

shakibrulz
July 24, 2010, 05:54 AM
Ahem.. Guys can someone translate this to me in english? Or atleast an excerpt would do fine. :D

simon
July 24, 2010, 06:18 AM
The quality those Fans showed might have made Tamim think that they were some disobedient boys who r sent by their parents to abroad as in BD they were getting involved in wrong things.
I hope people here won't take me wrong as it really happens u know.

dolcevita
July 24, 2010, 06:21 AM
The quality those Fans showed might have made Tamim think that they were some disobedient boys who r sent by their parents to abroad as in BD they were getting involved in wrong things.
I hope people here won't take me wrong as it really happens u know.

That true and furthemore why these " fan" disturb him when the game going on and bangladesh was on the verge of defeat...Tamim was already angry with himself because he was out for 2
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Yameen
July 24, 2010, 06:50 AM
This is unacceptable from Tamim Iqbal!!

I have lost respect for him and the Bangladeshi team for the slur he made about Bangladeshis living abroad..

Yes he maybe young but he should never have made verbal contact with the fan during 'play' in the first place..after the game yes but not during the match when all the players will be a bit hot headed and he should have known this..

If he kept his mouth shut, this incident would never have happened as fans will always abuse or praise you but you are meant to maintain professionalism and not respond whats so ever

lamisa
July 24, 2010, 06:51 AM
"He replied : Apnar lojja lagenna , apnader ke desh theke ber kore dise , tai ekhane aschen."

A poor comment in any situation for any international player. He basically insulted a lot of probashis there...

However, I have observed a lot of crass behaviour by Bangladeshi fans the one time I was in Dhaka stadium in that India test match where tamim scored 150...Soon as Imrul got out, ppl started yelling "you son of a wh**e" to him repeatedlyin Bangla. Really? What did the guy ever do to you? I thought you guys are supporters!! The guy was a Mech Engineering student too. Seeing how crazy Bangladeshis are at times, I did not want to stop him. I felt sorry for Imrul.

This kind of " I can make rude comments because the team is playing crap" really has to stop. People even spit on the players. A lot of these low-lives deserve to get beaten up...This kind of behaviour affect the player performance during the matches, believe it or not..If you need to tease them, do it with more class.

One of my team-mates once held up a sign "Can't bat, can't toss" for Ponting during his rough patch in THAT Pakistan match in Sydney. That was smart. Got coverage in national papers and Cricinfo. It probably even fired up other players enough to snatch victory from jaws of defeat.

Our players also need to learn to totally blank out their mind from these comments. If they cant heck this, how do they endure sledging on the field?

this freind of mine once saw people from the gallery peeing in bottle and throwing it at a players.true majhe majhe fanra beshi kore but we fans pay for the tickets to watch bd play,we cheer for them when they do well,so we have the rights to do some galagali as well when they play like jerks

Yameen
July 24, 2010, 06:55 AM
I really can't believe he said that about us!

I must have spent almost a grand (like other Bangladeshi fans) as I went to watch the Lords test match, Bristol ODI and then the Ireland ODIs which would have included major travel/flight expenses and then he drops a cheap insensitive comment like that!

They don't realise that we Bangladeshi's abroad have to work much harder 24/7 to earn a living and this attitude shown by Tamim is reflected by a lot of home grown Bangladeshi's (not all) and think we live a life of luxory and totally forgotten the roots of our motherland!

Its insulting and demand an apology from Tamim and BCB

Equinox
July 24, 2010, 07:01 AM
Both parties are at fault.

simon
July 24, 2010, 07:04 AM
this freind of mine once saw people from the gallery peeing in bottle and throwing it at a players.true majhe majhe fanra beshi kore but we fans pay for the tickets to watch bd play,we cheer for them when they do well,so we have the rights to do some galagali as well when they play like jerks

nah galagali korata thik na,well we can do it like we do it in this forum(with limitations though) but not in front of the players,we BD supporters hv a reputation,let's not ruin it.
Yes,they r pro but they r human being too,not machines,they hv emotions too.
And it's a game afterall.:)
And specially this man,Tamim Iqbal who made us so proud so many times,just guided us to the victory in the previous match too.

Yameen
July 24, 2010, 07:06 AM
Both parties are at fault.

I'm sorry but I hold Tamim responsible mainly. As a pro at International level, you must NEVER interact with the crowd even if they are praising you, maybe just kindly say 'Sorry I will come and talk later' after the game..

You will always get rough crowds and foul supporters but as a player you just have to disregard them and get on with the game as they want you to respond as thats the mistake he made

Tigers_eye
July 24, 2010, 08:10 AM
hat thaktey mukhey ki?
+++ Good on the fans, better on Tamim. They both had it coming.
+++ Fans duty is to instigate with players (opponents, lol, not their own). But at times should boo for dismal performance.

mij
July 24, 2010, 08:20 AM
Tamim lost my respect. Pathetic statement from him about Bangladeshis living abroad.

Yes, He is typical, doest't know how to handle others (fan), same goes to his batting when under presure does't know how to handle it.

Neel Here
July 24, 2010, 08:30 AM
you people are being too hard on the fellow, he needed a comeback line on the spot and made one up, that's all. it doesn't say anything at all about his attitude towards expats. if you need to insult an a**hole who deserves it, you do it by any combination of words and ideas. those insults have no meaning outside that context, people should stop analyzing it.
if anything, those fans at the stadium are pathetic losers. complete chagols.

yameen, you can do any damn thing you want as long as you perform, don't forget that a player is also a human being like any of us.

mij
July 24, 2010, 08:40 AM
I am not insulting any one here, any professional need to be came under pressure and he fail to perform that bit of skill. I agree with you some of the fan are just pathetic.

Neel Here
July 24, 2010, 09:00 AM
I'm not saying you were insulting anyone, tamim needed to put that fan down with a few insults and didn't care which one he used. it's not politically correct but it sure is understandable.

lamisa
July 24, 2010, 09:17 AM
nah galagali korata thik na,well we can do it like we do it in this forum(with limitations though) but not in front of the players,we BD supporters hv a reputation,let's not ruin it.
Yes,they r pro but they r human being too,not machines,they hv emotions too.
And it's a game afterall.:)
And specially this man,Tamim Iqbal who made us so proud so many times,just guided us to the victory in the previous match too.

sometimes it's fun abusing players from the galleries as long as they are not fielding somewhere deep!

Tiger-ess
July 24, 2010, 11:10 AM
LOL yameen bhai chetse!!

But no I understand where your coming from, the amount of money I spent on these losers this tour is something a 19 year old student will only dream about!! But I dont mind one bit coz at the end of the day its all about supporting the Tigers and one's not exactly going let that opportunity slip especially if they're coming to your country! But when you hear things like that from any of these boys it proper feels like a slap in the face after all your hard work!! And really Just not nice at all!!
Im just wondering If I fall in this category which Tamim Iqbal describes as "kicked outta bangladesh therefore living here and should be ashmed" as I am a fully fledged Brit?

Neel Here
July 24, 2010, 11:24 AM
Im just wondering If I fall in this category which Tamim Iqbal describes as "kicked outta bangladesh therefore living here and should be ashmed" as I am a fully fledged Brit?
no one other than that particular idiot fan falls in that category, you people really don't understand how a sportsman thinks during a game. thinking about a politically correct reply is the last thing on his mind.
there is really no reason to draw these insults as it is not meant for you.

ja apnare koa haye nai ta okarone tene niye gaye makhtasen ken ?

Ajfar
July 24, 2010, 11:31 AM
^^he could have just flicked the person off or say screw you or whatever. Why get all creative and downright insult the dude and in a way insult all other Bangladeshi people living abroad.

WarWolf
July 24, 2010, 12:09 PM
I think some people are over-reacting here. The incident didn't happen in front of any media. Tamim didn't insult any one publicly. The group was annoying him and he encountered them personally. This is completely an isolated incident. I don't understand why some people think that Tamim insulted all the NRBs.

On the other side. patriod bhai heard it sitting by the field. He might have missed or heard wrongly some parts of the conversation (No offense patriot bhai). Take it easy guys. Just relax.

Dilscoop
July 24, 2010, 12:17 PM
I can't believe you people are going against Tamim over some retarded kid you don't even know! Tamim was nice enough to call him "APNNI". If it was me, I would have borrowed a bat from the Holland player, go over the rope and beat the living **** out of him. Mainly because I am losing to freaking Holland! But like I said before, he should have just ansed 'Shakib' and not bother after that. Or not bother at all.

Stop judging our players by little thing. "Oh Shahadat smokes, he must be a gunda, oh Razzak was very non-smiley/non-gay with me so he must be a very angry person, Ashraful is always smiling, so he must be a homo" Just stop with the judging. You don't know what they are like around their family and friends. Because even then the true self doesn't come out.

you people are being too hard on the fellow, he needed a comeback line on the spot and made one up, that's all. it doesn't say anything at all about his attitude towards expats. if you need to insult an a**hole who deserves it, you do it by any combination of words and ideas. those insults have no meaning outside that context, people should stop analyzing it.
if anything, those fans at the stadium are pathetic losers. complete chagols.

yameen, you can do any damn thing you want as long as you perform, don't forget that a player is also a human being like any of us.
That's well put. That's exactly what happened here

real123
July 24, 2010, 12:46 PM
Can't agree more!! Fans have the rights to show their frustration, and Tamim was the right person to be picked, he was consistently failing after 2 test centuries. Fans liked him most and that is why they got frustrated when he did not perform.

Also, how dare he to say that "desh thekey ber korey disey". Ekhono professional hoitey parey nai, amar shob shomoy money hoi Tamim's matha is full of gobor, specially the way when he gets run out. This proves it well.

Dilscoop
July 24, 2010, 12:52 PM
Can't agree more!! Fans have the rights to show their frustration, and Tamim was the right person to be picked, he was consistently failing after 2 test centuries. Fans liked him most and that is why they got frustrated when he did not perform.

If frustration was the result of his so called "consistent failing" then Tamim should be the last person to be picked on for that. There are other 14 guys ahead of him on that line. And Ashraful should spell like pee by now (if what Lamisa said is the truth)

bujhee kom
July 24, 2010, 02:06 PM
If I was in that gallery, I would have beat the lives out of all those scumbags foulmouthing a player when they themselves have nothing, I repeat NOTHING tbetter to contribute to Bangladesh, Scotland, U.K. the world or humanity! You may say how do I know, I will say," just listen to the words what they said, each and every word, what was there that was constructive? they were there just wanting to fack with Tamim or the Bangladeshi fielders!

And people, how many more times are you going to ask a player to perform day in day out? No one can not do that, big players score century and then score a duck or a five, David Gower, Tendulkar, Viv Richards, THEY all did it, do it!!! So after 2 back to back test centuries in England how can I ask Tamim Iqbal to score more in the next games non-stop, what about the other players in the team, wht wre they suppossed to do, reading novels at the ground?

And bros, look at the comments by those scums at the gallery, "Tamim scored 2 centuries against England, so he is showing attitude!" Of course Frackers, Tamim should show attitude to lowlives like you in the galleries as YEAH, 2 centuries back to back in England and in the Lords no other son of a Bangladeshi Mother did before! Thank you Allah! And thank you Tamim Iqbal Khan's sacred mother! Respect, honor and salaam!

And I am calling out my dear Yameen bhai, cricketboy bhai, Real123 bhai, asddsa bhai, Nahaz bhai, please my dearest bhais try to understand, Tamim NEVER insulted, intended the genral Probashi, Nibashi Bangladeshis anywhere, bhais I am a probashi too, if Tamim was cursing at ALL OF US, I would be the first person to rip him a new one, believe me! He was just insulting and calling that specific group of A-holes that they have been kicked out of the country and came here in Scotland and now doing the same "akaam" - causing troubles without any CONSCIENCE whatsoever. Please do not make it a case where Tamim cursed us all foreign living Bangladeshis or Bangalies, that's not what TIK meant. I mean I can see some other countries fans supporters doing it to our players, but our own country people to do that to our own players without any reason or cause and effect, bhais I am disgusted to say, I only see these sorts of incidents only from my own fellow people, just listen to OffStump bhai's story in Mirpur.!

Yameen bhai, Real bhai, cricketboy bhai, asddsa bhai, Nahaz bhai, I am saying this to you because I know you, you guys are briliant and great minds. But yes I agree that Tamim should have been more careful and be more diplomatic and should have used better choices of words.

Dilscoop
July 24, 2010, 02:13 PM
Damn BK! Respect!

alibangali
July 24, 2010, 03:42 PM
What he said was wrong and i am upset with that comment however he said that only to those fans abusing him and i will give him the benefit of the doubt and this incident should not be blown up and taken out of context.

I support him as a cricketer and he still remains one of the best batsmen that I admire as I see him taking the opposition apart. As you know the royal bengal tiger is in the brink of extinction and he is one of the last few true tiger left in the team. The rest of the bunch are cowards bowing down to a faltu coach.

Love_Mash
July 24, 2010, 04:44 PM
I'm an expat and I spent most of my young-adult life in Bangladesh. So, it doesn't really take much for me (or any native of Bangladesh) to figure out what really transpired and what to make out of this whole incident.

Let's not make any pretenses and be disingenuous about who we are as a nation and what type of mannerism our culture instills in us. In general, we are the most rude, crude, and unsophisticated group of people in entire Asia. We are not taught to say THANK YOU or PLEASE or other social niceties to each other. They sure exist in our language but we see very little applications of such social graces. It's not hard to figure out why. More than 80% of our population can't read or write as of 2010!! We grow up accepting the abject poverty that envelopes us like a fog as part of our daily living and don't have any qualms about eking out a living employing whatever means we can seize at any given moment. Our crooked, corrupt and foul-mouthed politicians switch parties and change loyalties at the drop of a hat and set the tone for what is expected of us for the rest of the country. We engage with each other in life-and-death fights and struggles for the silliest of reasons or to gain the smallest of advantages. The vast majority of the population is so hopeless and have such little optimism for a better future that most never make any plans for tomorrow. We are continually embroiled in a subsistence level existence and we find ourselves worrying about meeting our most basic and immediate physical needs as the sole reasons for us to get up in the morning.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a social environment like ours fails miserably to teach us to care for each other and be respectful to each other. We have such little respect for ourselves that it seems inconceivable to us to treat others with respect. All social altercations involve hurling insults to each other - it comes naturally to us. That's the only thing we know or ever learned.

Now, I'm not all doom and gloom here. We sure as heck have been marching in the right direction to correct our pervasive social ills. The distinguished manner in which our cricket players have conducted themselves over the years speaks volumes about the progress we've made in recent times. However, the same can't be said of our spectators. A lot of our countrymen that moved overseas carried with them the very same personalities and attitudes that they learned at home and wear them as badges of honor (or shame?) wherever they go.

To be fair, I don't think the gentleman that badgered Tamim really said anything as bad as what I have heard in various sports arenas in Bangladesh in my life time. In pressure-filled competitive sports, adrenaline runs high and it doesn't take much of a spark to instigate a regrettable incident. That's the whole reason why spectators are not allowed to come in close proximity to the athletes in most competitive sports, especially the ones that are known to have rabid hooligan type followers. Was Tamim partly responsible for such a tactless response? Not really. The boneheaded numb skull that started the whole proceeding should have been at least 20 yards away and wouldn't have been allowed to violate Tamim's personal space or have the opportunity to engage in a conversation with him. Can we expect Tamim to increase his level of tolerance for stupid comments from the fans just because he happens to be a professional cricketer? Well, maybe. But if we fail to take into consideration that he is a 20 year old and is made of the same emotions as the rest of the 20 years olds in the world then we wouldn't be fair and we would put an undue burden on Tamim to act like a superhuman. Maybe, it's time we lower our expectations to a more realistic level and don't get carried away with worshiping our idols.

I'm sure, in time, Tamim would have second thoughts about how he should handle himself in these types of situations. As he gets older, and hopefully wiser, he would probably learn to get a better grip of his emotions and master the intricate art of self-restraint better. I saw Ricky Ponting throwing an elbow at a celebrating Mohammed Amir a few days ago after Amir took his wicket and came very close to Ponting's personal space. I'm sure Ponting wasn't proud of himself as he saw the video footage of that incident later. But this is the reason why robots don't play competitive sports. Athletes in competitive sports often show their humanity through the cracks of their professional armor and remind us that they don't have acids flowing through their veins. So, let's not over analyze Tamim's two-liners and over-criticize his supposedly lack of respect for ex-pats. Tamim has carried himself professionally throughout most of teenage years and has already proved that he can handle himself adequately both on and off the field most of the time. If we can forgive Ponting or other cricket greats for their occasional lapses in concentrations I don't see how we cannot condone a in-the-heat-of-the-moment type of comment that Tamim blurted out after being repeatedly provoked by an imbecile whose sole intention was to be a gadfly or more like a tick on a donkey's buttocks.

Tiger-ess
July 24, 2010, 05:07 PM
Excellent post Love_mash:up::up: Welcome to BC bro:-D

Yameen
July 24, 2010, 05:59 PM

It does not matter whether you are performing or not..He is in a international playing arena where yet still playground principles apply..you just said the key thing that he is also a human being however does that excuse him to mouth off like that? That spectator behaved like an animal and there was no justification why Tamim should bite back in the same manner, after all two wrongs don't make a right, right?

You must not forget as well that the actions of all the players are looked upon more deeply as they are part of a wordwide representative body and my argument is that he should have just hushed up and focused on the game and just say nothing at all..

LOL yameen bhai chetse!!

But no I understand where your coming from, the amount of money I spent on these losers this tour is something a 19 year old student will only dream about!! But I dont mind one bit coz at the end of the day its all about supporting the Tigers and one's not exactly going let that opportunity slip especially if they're coming to your country!

spot on, I have just graduated and as you know it costs an arm and a leg for tuition fees in this country so although I am undergoing open wallet surgery like many students, we still want to take the oppurtunity to cheer on the tigers at any cost as it is for us a once in a lifetime oppurtunity

If I was in that gallery, I would have beat the lives out of all those scumbags foulmouthing a player when they themselves have nothing, I repeat NOTHING tbetter to contribute to Bangladesh, Scotland, U.K. the world or humanity! You may say how do I know, I will say," just listen to the words what they said, each and every word, what was there that was constructive? they were there just wanting to fack with Tamim or the Bangladeshi fielders!

And people, how many more times are you going to ask a player to perform day in day out? No one can not do that, big players score century and then score a duck or a five, David Gower, Tendulkar, Viv Richards, THEY all did it, do it!!! So after 2 back to back test centuries in England how can I ask Tamim Iqbal to score more in the next games non-stop, what about the other players in the team, wht wre they suppossed to do, reading novels at the ground?

And bros, look at the comments by those scums at the gallery, "Tamim scored 2 centuries against England, so he is showing attitude!" Of course Frackers, Tamim should show attitude to lowlives like you in the galleries as YEAH, 2 centuries back to back in England and in the Lords no other son of a Bangladeshi Mother did before! Thank you Allah! And thank you Tamim Iqbal Khan's sacred mother! Respect, honor and salaam!

And I am calling out my dear Yameen bhai, cricketboy bhai, Real123 bhai, asddsa bhai, Nahaz bhai, please my dearest bhais try to understand, Tamim NEVER insulted, intended the genral Probashi, Nibashi Bangladeshis anywhere, bhais I am a probashi too, if Tamim was cursing at ALL OF US, I would be the first person to rip him a new one, believe me! He was just insulting and calling that specific group of A-holes that they have been kicked out of the country and came here in Scotland and now doing the same "akaam" - causing troubles without any CONSCIENCE whatsoever. Please do not make it a case where Tamim cursed us all foreign living Bangladeshis or Bangalies, that's not what TIK meant. I mean I can see some other countries fans supporters doing it to our players, but our own country people to do that to our own players without any reason or cause and effect, bhais I am disgusted to say, I only see these sorts of incidents only from my own fellow people, just listen to OffStump bhai's story in Mirpur.!

Yameen bhai, Real bhai, cricketboy bhai, asddsa bhai, Nahaz bhai, I am saying this to you because I know you, you guys are briliant and great minds. But yes I agree that Tamim should have been more careful and be more diplomatic and should have used better choices of words.

Thanks to your wise post and heavy 'debating' with my family, I have taken a softer approach towards Tamim as you have made me see his intent in a different light. I however do stand by my original stance that Tamim as an International sportsmen should know there will always be odd characters hanging around stadiums/ground or other public areas waiting to throw the bait at him as happened in Glasgow. I firmly believe that he should never have spoke back or give much attention to the crowd in the first place till after the game..Even if it is polite banter, his mind would be elsewhere as it should be on the game and supporting his bowler and fielders and these basic rules would be taught to him everyday by the relevant staff from the BCB

I know he received a lot of horrible abuse from that spectator but was it really necessary for Tamim to bite back? I know having played on that ground that the boundary and the seating area is within touching distance but did he feel so intimidated and threatened that he felt he had to get into a cheap war of words? He should have told the match ref/on field umpires as soon as the spectator started using harmful language instead of having that spat and then reporting him; that way the spectator would have been dealt with efficiently with Tamim still maintaining his prestige and have a clear mind to get on with the match

simon
July 24, 2010, 06:19 PM
BK & Love Mash bros.:bravo:
WC to BC Love Mash!:)
And a request to every1 here let's end this topic here,pls.:saint:

Naimul_Hd
July 24, 2010, 08:19 PM

I understand your point BK bhai...after reading Tamim's reply, it was my spontaneous reaction. Thats why, my post may sound little harsh on Tamim. Anyway, thanks to you for understanding us. :saint:

spot on, I have just graduated and as you know it costs an arm and a leg for tuition fees in this country so although I am undergoing open wallet surgery like many students, we still want to take the oppurtunity to cheer on the tigers at any cost as it is for us a once in a lifetime oppurtunity

Thanks to your wise post and heavy 'debating' with my family, I have taken a softer approach towards Tamim as you have made me see his intent in a different light. I however do stand by my original stance that Tamim as an International sportsmen should know there will always be odd characters hanging around stadiums/ground or other public areas waiting to throw the bait at him as happened in Glasgow. I firmly believe that he should never have spoke back or give much attention to the crowd in the first place till after the game..Even if it is polite banter, his mind would be elsewhere as it should be on the game and supporting his bowler and fielders and these basic rules would be taught to him everyday by the relevant staff from the BCB

I know he received a lot of horrible abuse from that spectator but was it really necessary for Tamim to bite back? I know having played on that ground that the boundary and the seating area is within touching distance but did he feel so intimidated and threatened that he felt he had to get into a cheap war of words? He should have told the match ref/on field umpires as soon as the spectator started using harmful language instead of having that spat and then reporting him; that way the spectator would have been dealt with efficiently with Tamim still maintaining his prestige and have a clear mind to get on with the match

U just spoke my mind bro :big_hug: !!

BangladeshFan
July 25, 2010, 06:34 AM
I remember a certain Inzamam running into the gallery and beating an Indian fan with a bat. This is nothing compared to that! In any case, Tamim has to learn to ignore spectator comments(was an innocent one compared to what players usually hear).

cricket_king
July 25, 2010, 07:41 AM
If Tamim had that certain "arrogance" about him, comments from nobodies wouldn't affect him.

lamisa
July 26, 2010, 05:31 AM
I can't believe you people are going against Tamim over some retarded kid you don't even know! Tamim was nice enough to call him "APNNI". If it was me, I would have borrowed a bat from the Holland player, go over the rope and beat the living **** out of him. Mainly because I am losing to freaking Holland! But like I said before, he should have just ansed 'Shakib' and not bother after that. Or not bother at all.

Stop judging our players by little thing. "Oh Shahadat smokes, he must be a gunda, oh Razzak was very non-smiley/non-gay with me so he must be a very angry person, Ashraful is always smiling, so he must be a homo" Just stop with the judging. You don't know what they are like around their family and friends. Because even then the true self doesn't come out.

That's well put. That's exactly what happened here

lol,pot calling the kettle black!who's the one who used to reach conclusions about how gay riyad is just because he was whispering with shakib?

simon
July 26, 2010, 06:33 AM
¨^^^:lol:

Bancan
July 26, 2010, 10:58 AM
lol,pot calling the kettle black!who's the one who used to reach conclusions about how gay riyad is just because he was whispering with shakib?

:up::up::up:

LOL. exactly.

bujhee kom
July 26, 2010, 11:01 AM
^^^Dilu miah abar feshe gelo ...hahahahah...Lamisa apu!!!!!!

Dilscoop
July 26, 2010, 03:19 PM

omg for the 100th time, that thread meant as a joke! Why take everything so literally? And i didn;t call Riyad gay, I said what they were doing was pretty gay. And when 2 guys do what they did, what would you call that? Manlyness? /:)

Murad
July 26, 2010, 03:24 PM

Good one, Lamisa. HHS

Green Tea
July 26, 2010, 03:44 PM
http://images.clipartof.com/small/6686-Brown-Dog-Mascot-Cartoon-Character-With-An-Angry-Grumpy-Expression-Clipart-Picture.jpg

lamisa
July 27, 2010, 09:41 AM
omg for the 100th time, that thread meant as a joke! Why take everything so literally? And i didn;t call Riyad gay, I said what they were doing was pretty gay. And when 2 guys do what they did, what would you call that? Manlyness? /:)

i call it talking in lower voices so that people around them don't hear them and take offense at what they have in mind;a cheap alternative to texting!

Dilscoop
July 27, 2010, 11:53 AM
aka girly girls

and there is a huge difference between lower tone talking and to kanay kanay kotha bola. (why is it called Kanay kanay?)

magic boy
July 27, 2010, 12:06 PM
You guys getting out of t0pic here...seems sooner there will be exchange of hotter words !lol
better use BC Chat (http://www.banglacricket.com/chat) zone

Dilscoop
July 27, 2010, 12:10 PM
Ya Lamisa, no hot words, just kanay kanay kotha bolo =P

cricket_king
July 28, 2010, 03:24 AM
aka girly girls

and there is a huge difference between lower tone talking and to kanay kanay kotha bola. (why is it called Kanay kanay?)

Lol, "girly girls". Is that description still used? I recall it being used 10 years ago. That too, by primary school children, and usually as a generic description of a "girl". You should probably try the thesaurus next time. :up:

lamisa
July 28, 2010, 03:53 AM
aka girly girls

male chauvinist:-t.okay,how about talking in REALLY low voices?

Dilscoop
July 28, 2010, 02:40 PM
Nope.

kanay kanay... Low voices aka whispering. They didn't do that.

Green Tea
July 28, 2010, 06:36 PM
Nope.

http://www.clipartguide.com/_named_clipart_images/0511-0703-0917-4103_Secretary_Whispering_at_a_Businessman_clipart _image.jpg

Ajfar
July 28, 2010, 10:02 PM
green tea bhai why are you so obsessed with pictures? are you gonna reply with a picture?

Zeeshan
July 28, 2010, 10:06 PM
Lol ^

lamisa
July 29, 2010, 05:20 AM
Nope.

whatever,whispering-kanay kanay kotha bola,lau kodu!how about that other occasion where u called rasel gay for God knows what reason AND deleted it!

Green Tea
July 29, 2010, 07:21 AM
green tea bhai why are you so obsessed with pictures? are you gonna reply with a picture?

A single picture is worth a thousand words :bighug:

One World
July 29, 2010, 07:29 AM
I think he is always busy drinking tea, so it's easy to post an image rather typing.

Green Tea
July 29, 2010, 08:00 AM
I think he is always busy drinking tea, so it's easy to post an image rather typing.

http://www.clipartguide.com/_named_clipart_images/0511-0811-0415-3733_Cartoon_of_an_Office_Worker_Drinking_Too_Much _Coffee_clipart_image.jpg

BANFAN
July 29, 2010, 08:41 AM
Both spectators and Tamim have their own point of view.

Spectators/Fans have been awfully laid down by the team and Tamim had to face some of it as a team member. That also indicates that the fans aren't satisfied with some individual performances. Rightly so.

Tamim himself performed well & he might be expecting that the fans should show him some respect, but has the right to think that he has been laid down by his team members. or he might feel helpless at the situation that individual performance isn't enough to gain that respect, etc everything should make him annoyed. Now wheather he reacted being angry on the fans or his team mates or on team's inability that only he might know, Anyone or all could be possible reason of outburst.

It's an act of frustration on both sides.

We are passing very tough times as a team and these incidents are all linked to that. If the team was winning, Fans wouldn't have done like this. So lats not do much analysis on it, lets just take the point, "Team must play to win".

[Can it help the thread to survive?] ;)

Neel Here
July 29, 2010, 09:02 AM
whatever,whispering-kanay kanay kotha bola,lau kodu!how about that other occasion where u called rasel gay for God knows what reason AND deleted it!
now that's gay ! :D

disclaimer: no offence meant to gay people.

dark mage
August 3, 2010, 10:46 AM
Crowds will always taunt the players. I personally feel cricket players are less equipped to handle crowd-jeers than players of other sports. Cricketers seem to be very thin-skinned and are more like nursery children who like to complain or retort back. I mean Footballers in the English Premier Leagues, or even in our local football leagues, or the Basketball players in NBA, Footy here in Australia have to deal with alot more bad crowd behaviour but they seldom complain and whinge about it. For example, check out Yuvraj Singh here, who seems to have been in the same situation as Tamim, during the test against SL ---

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/cricket/article550005.ece

From what I can see, the crowd didnt even say that offensive words to get them taken in Police Custody but Yuvraj just had to go and whinge to his team management, just like how we used to complain to our teachers in Nursery, or Elementary school. Players of other sports would be unfazed at those comments and are more likely to just brush them off. Afterall, the spectators pay money to buy the ticket, and they can jeer, cheer or taunt all they like, as its a part of the game, and I think as long as they dont get physical, like throwing-pee filled water-bottles, it should be alright.

zman
August 3, 2010, 05:09 PM
^this is insane. Fans got the boot and received punishment for "allegedly" calling Yuvi "waterboy"? Since when is calling a spade a spade deemed a punishable offense!!!

Green Tea
August 3, 2010, 08:26 PM
^this is insane. Fans got the boot and received punishment for "allegedly" calling Yuvi "waterboy"? Since when is calling a spade a spade deemed a punishable offense!!!
http://coolrain44.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/the-waterboy-dvd.jpg

max410
August 4, 2010, 12:22 AM

Dude those Bengali Fans have nothing to do but poke their finger in other people's *** thats what every Bengali's do they should not disturb the players when they are playing got it.

lamisa
August 6, 2010, 10:24 AM
OMG,yuvraj!what a crybaby!

Bond
August 6, 2010, 03:46 PM
OMG,yuvraj!what a crybaby!

why? what did he do?

dolcevita
August 6, 2010, 04:09 PM
why? what did he do?

He shows middle finger to a lankan fan

lamisa
August 7, 2010, 05:36 AM
^^^he cries about it to the team management!

Bond
August 7, 2010, 09:24 AM
He shows middle finger to a lankan fan

^^^he cries about it to the team management!

I am proud of Yuvraj Singh. Tamim should have done the same, those irritating fans should be banned from entering the stadium.

lamisa
August 8, 2010, 10:41 AM
^^^^comeon,don't tell me u never abused any player in the stadium?i abused ashraful and ajit agarkar:D

Bond
August 13, 2010, 04:43 PM
^^^^comeon,don't tell me u never abused any player in the stadium?i abused ashraful and ajit agarkar:D

haha ur a dushto meye, i'll abuse the whole bangladesh team during the world cup (i know they are going to lose against Ireland again) so i am preparing the gala galis that i'll give to the entire team

magic boy
August 14, 2010, 01:21 AM
haha ur a dushto meye, i'll abuse the whole bangladesh team during the world cup (i know they are going to lose against Ireland again) so i am preparing the gala galis that i'll give to the entire team

there will be special security force to handle racism and abusive case. and you know how are our police...shoja out of stadium kore sarbe. so beware man

moreover this is our duty to stay away from these galagali,bottle/stone throwing incidents to make this home world cup successful !!

lamisa
August 14, 2010, 01:29 AM
^^^^are bhai koy jore ber korbe ora?amader playerderke toh pura stadiumer shobai mile gali dey ar ekhon toh aro big screen thakbe,people are going to abuse the hell out of the umpires after they see the replays!