PDA

View Full Version : Job Vacancy: Bowling and Fielding Coach

Murad
July 23, 2010, 02:43 PM
JOB VACANCY
The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) is a high profile national sports organization responsible for governing the game of cricket in Bangladesh. The BCB seeks applications from qualified individuals for the following positions for immediate appointment:

Position : Pace Bowling Coach (01) and Fielding Coach (01)

The Key Responsibilities:

· Planning, Training & Managing programs for the different Groups of players (National Team, "A" Teams & National Academy Team).

· Set goals and deadlines for the different group of players in line with long termobjective.

· Assisting the Head Coach as and when required.

· Motivating the players and assisting them in reaching their optimum performance.

· Conduct clinics and workshop for all local coaches.

Special Skill Requirements:

· Strong Communication and interpersonal skill.
· Excellent presentation and report writing skills.

· Strong analytical ability.

· Can work independently when necessary.

· Must have computer literacy, IT knowledge and capable of operating cricket coaching software packages.

Experience: Must have Elite level coaching experience. Preference will be given to candidates having experience and exposure at international Level.

The interested candidates are requested to send their CV along with a forwarding letter mentioning expected salary and other benefits (Leave Entitlement, Air Fare, Medical etc.) and 01 recent photographs to the Chief Executive Officer , Bangladesh Cricket Board, Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur, Dhaka (Email :

info@bcb-cricket.com & ceo@bcbcricket. (ceo@bcbcricket.com)com (ceo@bcbcricket.com)) on or before 25th May 2010. Only the short listed candidates will be called for interview.

http://www.tigercricket.com/pdf/tn_291009.pdf

MohammedC
July 23, 2010, 03:20 PM
info@bcb-cricket.com (info@bcb-cricket.com) & ceo@bcbcricket. (ceo@bcbcricket.com)com (ceo@bcbcricket.com)) on or before 25th May 2010. Only the short listed candidates will be called for interview.

Almost 2 months gone. Aparently they recieved CV of 7/8 candidates according to yesterdays ittefaq.

Dilscoop
July 23, 2010, 03:25 PM
Ganguly batting advisor, Jonty Rhodes fielding, what happened to all that? All BS infos?

cricket_king
July 23, 2010, 11:45 PM
The question is: When will the make the decisions? At least 3 months before the world cup would be convenient.

Naimul_Hd
July 24, 2010, 01:38 AM
can we have Muralitharan as our spin coach/consultant before WC ?? :)

al-Sagar
July 24, 2010, 02:57 AM
can we have Muralitharan as our spin coach/consultant before WC ?? :)

murali is going to continue playing ODI's until the end of 2011World Cup. so no chance

Naimul_Hd
July 24, 2010, 03:14 AM
murali is going to continue playing ODI's until the end of 2011World Cup. so no chance

damn...:doh:

but once i read, he was thinking about retiring from ODI as well end of this year because of his recent performance in ODI.

lamisa
July 24, 2010, 09:27 AM
what happened about jonty rhodes?

One World
July 24, 2010, 10:45 AM
Is Siddons going to suffer a pay cut for this?

WarWolf
July 24, 2010, 10:57 AM
what happened about jonty rhodes?
He came to Lota's w*t dream only, not in real life.

Murad
July 24, 2010, 12:13 PM
Almost 2 months gone. Aparently they recieved CV of 7/8 candidates according to yesterdays ittefaq.

Oh I didn't see that. :-p

Mo bhai can you please give me the link to Ittefaq? I tried to find it but failed. Date koto chilo?

MohammedC
July 24, 2010, 04:12 PM
Oh I didn't see that. :-p

Mo bhai can you please give me the link to Ittefaq? I tried to find it but failed. Date koto chilo?

Murad,I give you another link shall I. This one from today's ittefaq and it says BCB have almost got "Jonty Rhodes" for fielding coach. Salary around $15k. They are also looking for bowling coach.
Candidate:
South Africa- Allan Donald, Fanny de Villiers
England: Graham Dilly
Australia: Craig McDermott, Jason Gillespie (now no longer as joined Zim FC side)

Oh BTW Siddons wants his aussie buddies as bowling coach but BCB does not.

http://ittefaq.com.bd/content/2010/07/25/news0708.htm

Is all of that true. Am I dreaming.

cricman
July 24, 2010, 04:41 PM
Hire the Donald

Nadim
July 24, 2010, 04:42 PM
Murad,I give you another link shall I. This one from today's ittefaq and it says BCB have almost got "Jonty Rhodes" for fielding coach. Salary around $15k. They are also looking for bowling coach.
Candidate:
Australia: Craig McDermott, Jason Gillespie (now no longer as joined Zim FC side)

Yes!! Thanks bcb for not listening to JS.

And pls pls pls get Donald.

MC vai, is JR permanant? Or temporary?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

MohammedC
July 24, 2010, 04:49 PM
Yes!! Thanks bcb for not listening to JS.

And pls pls pls get Donald.

MC vai, is JR permanant? Or temporary?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

According to the ittefaq report BCB wants him for long term. But I doubt he has signed on anything yet.

still rumours will keeps us hoping.

MohammedC
July 24, 2010, 05:05 PM
Hire the Donald

It has to be Donald. More qualified amongst the high profile name. But was he not interested for the head coaches position before BCB got Siddons.

I see conflict of interest here.

cricman
July 24, 2010, 08:57 PM
It has to be Donald. More qualified amongst the high profile name. But was he not interested for the head coaches position before BCB got Siddons.

I see conflict of interest here.

Yeah it was going to be Donald Bowling Coach & Waugh Batting Coach, both were going to have equal power.

bangla-red
July 25, 2010, 09:27 AM
A great player does not mean that they are a great coach. Just saying...

lamisa
July 25, 2010, 10:29 AM
Candidate:

go BCB!

_Rafi_
July 25, 2010, 10:51 AM
Candidate:

wow! Donald, F. De Villiers, Dizzy, Mcdermot, J. Rhodes some great names. Surely another hoax?

lamisa
July 26, 2010, 05:42 AM
pay up,bcb!we really need some good guys for our players.we have some young,hard working and eager to learn players who will bloom with the proper guidance

beshideshi
July 26, 2010, 05:53 AM
Candidate:

If this is true, I would be jumping down the road with my shirts off. Any of these guys would be unbelievable as a bowling coach. Surprisingly my first preference would be Craig McDermott, he was all about the hard work and it was his determination that made him a success. So I think he would make a tremendous coach, but as I said, anyone from that list would be unbelievable.

al-Sagar
July 26, 2010, 06:02 AM
this could have been a nice time for new bowling coach and fielding coach to be appointed. they alongo with siddons could have had a long camp with national players, a team/academy players and u-19 players.

with no body playing, this also would have given them an opportunity to have look at our reserves and the coaches could have done some work with them.

BANFAN
July 26, 2010, 06:27 AM
A great player does not mean that they are a great coach. Just saying...

When a great player fulfills the other requirements of a coach, he is simply unmathable. A non star great coach can only dream of that, can never attain.

BANFAN
July 26, 2010, 06:44 AM
If this is true, I would be jumping down the road with my shirts off. Any of these guys would be unbelievable as a bowling coach. Surprisingly my first preference would be Craig McDermott, he was all about the hard work and it was his determination that made him a success. So I think he would make a tremendous coach, but as I said, anyone from that list would be unbelievable.

Not a big deal, you can find many without shirts in BD streets ;)
Not even running, on permanent display.

Razi
July 26, 2010, 07:00 AM
Here are the Cricinfo profiles of our probable bowling coaches:

Allan Donald (http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/44716.html), Fanie de Villiers (http://www.cricinfo.com/southafrica/content/player/44696.html), Craig McDermott (http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/6551.html), Graham Dilley (http://www.cricinfo.com/england/content/player/11893.html)

And I must say any of those would simply be great for our team!

Equinox
July 26, 2010, 07:25 AM
My pick would be Graham Dilley. Unlike two of the other contenders he has coaching experience and he should be a more economical choice than Donald. And anyhow I seriously doubt BCB would be able to get Donald. He turned down a chance to become full-time England bowling coach to coach Warwickshire so that he could remain closer to his family. I would also try and tempt Ottis Gibson, former England bowling coach and current West Indies head coach. Both Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad credited him for their success in the Ashes.

MohammedC
July 26, 2010, 07:33 AM
Craig McDermott is big no for me. because not involved with the game lately also looking at all the recent news about him it looks he had it really tough lately. Financial problem, blackmailed. To be honest I feel sorry for him but don't want another Aussie who will bound to have lots of commitment back in Australia
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

shabbir
July 26, 2010, 10:36 PM
Great West Indies Fast bowler Colin Croft wants to be fast bowling coach of Bangladesh.BCB also interested in V prasad who was indian fast bowling coach.But I don't know why????????He transformed Ishant Sharma from real Fast bowler to simply medium fast bowler with very less effect.
http://www.dailykalerkantho.com/?view=details&type=gold&data=Sports&pub_no=237&cat_id=1&menu_id=18&news_type_id=1&index=3
Even Moshin Kamal also showed his interest to be bowling coach.But BCB rejected his Application Immediately.
http://www.dailykalerkantho.com/?view=details&type=gold&data=Politics&pub_no=237&cat_id=1&menu_id=18&news_type_id=1&index=4

magic boy
July 26, 2010, 11:07 PM
Even Moshin Kamal also showed his interest to be bowling coach.But BCB rejected his Application Immediately.
http://www.dailykalerkantho.com/?view=details&type=gold&data=Politics&pub_no=237&cat_id=1&menu_id=18&news_type_id=1&index=4

how dare he wished to apply :floor:

WarWolf
July 27, 2010, 12:39 AM
great west indies fast bowler colin croft wants to be fast bowling coach of bangladesh.bcb also interested in v prasad who was indian fast bowling coach.but i don't know why????????he transformed ishant sharma from real fast bowler to simply medium fast bowler with very less effect.
http://www.dailykalerkantho.com/?view=details&type=gold&data=sports&pub_no=237&cat_id=1&menu_id=18&news_type_id=1&index=3
even moshin kamal also showed his interest to be bowling coach.but bcb rejected his application immediately.
http://www.dailykalerkantho.com/?view=details&type=gold&data=politics&pub_no=237&cat_id=1&menu_id=18&news_type_id=1&index=4
Here we go...
[বাংলা]বোলিং ও ফিল্ডিং কোচ চেয়ে আন্তর্জাতিক বিজ্ঞাপন দেওয়া হয়েছে আরো আগেই। আর তাতে সাড়া দিয়ে আবেদন করেছেন ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজের কিংবদন্তি 'পেস কোয়ার্টেট'-এর অংশ কলিন ক্রফটও।
এ আবেদনের ভিত্তিতেই ২৭ টেস্টে ১২৫ উইকেট নেওয়া ফাস্ট বোলারের সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ চলছে বিসিবির। বিসিবির একটি সূত্র অবশ্য সেই সঙ্গে আরো জানিয়েছে, 'এমন নয় যে শুধু কলিন ক্রফটের সঙ্গেই আলোচনা চালাচ্ছি আমরা। কয়েকজন বোর্ড পরিচালককেও বোলিং ও ফিল্ডিং কোচ খোঁজার দায়িত্ব দেওয়া হয়েছে। তাঁরাও বিভিন্নজনের সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ রাখছেন। ২৯ তারিখের বোর্ড সভায় যাদের সঙ্গে কথা এগিয়েছে, তাদের সবার নামই উত্থাপন করা হবে। আমাদের বিবেচনায় আছেন বেশ কয়েকজনই।'
বোলিং কোচ হিসেবে যেমন বিবেচনায় আছেন ভারতের চাকরিচ্যুত বোলিং কোচ ভেঙ্কটেশ প্রসাদও। তিনি অবশ্য আবেদন করেননি। তবে তাঁর সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ করা হয়েছে বিসিবির তরফ থেকেই। আরেকজনও আলোচনায় আছেন ভালোভাবে। তিনি কলিন সিলার। ২০০৫ সালের আইসিসি ট্রফিতে কানাডা দলের সহকারী কোচ ছিলেন তিনি। এরপর ফিজির জাতীয় দলের কোচ হিসেবেও কাজ করেছেন কখনোই ফার্স্ট ক্লাস ক্রিকেটে না খেলা এ স্কটিশ। বিবেচনায় এসেছে আরেক বোলিং কিংবদন্তি ওয়াসিম আকরামের নামও। তাঁকে পুরো সময়ের জন্য পাওয়া যাবে না ধরে নিয়েই খণ্ডকালীন ভিত্তিতে কাজে লাগানোর পরিকল্পনাও বাতিল করে দেওয়া হয়নি। একইভাবে যেমন ফিল্ডিং কোচ হিসেবে পরিকল্পনায় আছেন দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার জন্টি রোডসও। একেকবার দুই সপ্তাহের বেশি সময় নিয়ে আসতে পারবেন না তিনি। তাঁর সঙ্গে আলাপে এমনই জেনেছিলেন বিসিবি সভাপতি মোস্তফা কামাল। কিন্তু বাংলাদেশের তো একজন পূর্ণকালীন ফিল্ডিং কোচও চাই। এ ক্ষেত্রে আরো অনেকের সঙ্গে বিবেচনায় আছেন অস্ট্রেলিয়ার ম্যাথু বাকলে ও শ্রীলঙ্কার দিনুথি বাসুনও। কোচ জেমি সিডন্সও নাকি যোগাযোগ করেছেন কয়েকজনের সঙ্গে। আর বোলিং ও ফিল্ডিং কোচ নিয়োগের ক্ষেত্রে সিডন্সের মতামতও সর্বোচ্চ গুরুত্ব পাবে বলে নিশ্চিত করেছে ওই সূত্র, 'সিডন্স যেহেতু হেড কোচ, কাজেই তাঁর মতামত তো নিতেই হবে।' তাঁর মত কার পক্ষে যাবে, সে খবর পরের, আপাতত ক্রফটের বাংলাদেশের বোলিং কোচ হওয়ার আগ্রহই বড় খবর হয়ে থাকছে![/বাংলা]

WarWolf
July 27, 2010, 12:42 AM
I am against the Scottish one. Colin Croft should be the best choice, V Prasad is not a good choice at all. He was a medium pacer. We need fast bowlers to groom our youngsters.

Rifat
July 27, 2010, 01:06 AM
a good coach is someone who can teach, what's the value of your cricketing abilities(after your retirement of course ;)) if you can't pass down the wisdom to others?

I will take a coach with common sense and BASIC cricketing knowledge over overpaid coaches anyday...

Example:
we do not need to take no furthur than looking at Jamie Siddons!

of course, I would prefer Allan Donald as a bowling coach? but is it fair for me to make judgements about him since I have never even met him in real life/know very little about what type of person he is other than watching on star cricket 13 years ago ripping apart batting lineups?...:)

before you accept Applicants, BCB should look into the abilities of the applicants, how well the applicant is able to teach and communicate, these are crucial factors one tends to overlook, but are essential traits of a successful coach!

al-Sagar
July 27, 2010, 01:58 AM
venkatesh prasad could be a good choice. he may have been a slowish bowler at the later part of his career, but start of his career he had good pace and penetration. he knows how to swing the ball both ways, he knows how to keep it tight and also knows hoe to mix it up in later overs. and specially with loads of experience on how to bowl in both subcontinent and overseas pitches.

but still colin croft could be the best choice. prasad would be my second choice. no idea how fanie day villiers would be as coach, but his freaky bowling action was my favourite.

and short term wasim akram will be good specially for local bowling coaches and young upcoming bowlers.

Naimul_Hd
July 27, 2010, 02:17 AM
If anybody from India can have potentiality of being a bowling coach (for BD), it Must be either Kapil dev or Javagal Srinath. Unfortunately, Srinath has opted for Match referee position. Other than these two, No one even falls under category of pace bowling. Forget about Prasad.

MohammedC
July 27, 2010, 02:27 AM
I don't think Kapil Dev was really fast like Imran Khan or Richard Hadlee, two other all-rounder he used to be compared on that era (1980-90).

Naimul_Hd
July 27, 2010, 03:04 AM
I don't think Kapil Dev was really fast like Imran Khan or Richard Hadlee, two other all-rounder he used to be compared on that era (1980-90).

Mohammed bro, i was only talking about India. :) But even though, i have different opinion than u.

I agree that both Imran and Richard Hadlee were quicker than Kapil, but dnt forget both Richard Hadlee and Imran khan had different background than Kapil dev. Richard had played most of his life on Fast Track. Imran was also privileged to play in England for Oxford for long time and also in Pakistan (which produces so many great fast bowlers) whereas Kapil started his career playing in deed rubber pitches in India. Moreover, Both Pakistan and NZ had a background of fast bowling. But Kapil hardly anyone to get advice from.

My point is, even though Kapil may have been less talented than these two, but he was really skillful to adept fast bowling skills by himself which, in my view, gives him extra advantage over others. Dnt forget he was the highest wicket taker in that era.

One World
July 27, 2010, 03:08 AM
West Indies it is. My vote for Croft. Fielding is complicated :-P.

dark mage
July 27, 2010, 10:42 PM
I would've wished for Andy Roberts (if he is free), Aqib Javed (if available), Wasim Akram, Shaun Pollock. Courtney Walsh but since none of them applied,Colin Croft gets my vote without a shred of doubt. But I m not sure if this stupid BCB has the foresight to hire him. Actually Allan Donald would be a really good choice too as I believe he can do wonders with Rubel and Shafiul.

Oh and almost forgot to say this NO VENKATESH PRASAD PLEASE, HE SUCKED AS A BOWLER AND AS A COACH AND IS MORE LIKELY TO DESTROY OUR BOWLERS THAN HELP THEM, I WOULD RATHER BE WITHOUT A BOWLING COACH THAN HAVE HIM AS OUR COACH If Srinath wanted to be the coach, then I would gladly accept but never Prasad

But I do wonder how much of this information is true and how much of these are just made-up stuff by the newspapers as I never really trusted Ittefaq (I mean when the heck was Miandad involved in coaching Bangladesh? and yet Ittefaq reported Miandad to have been involved temporarily as a coach in Bangladesh) And that's why Ittefaq sucks.

Because I know for a fact that Jonty Rhodes shouldnt be interested for a long-term contract as he has just shifted from the state he used to live in and left his family and wife behind to live-together with his new girlfriend and is about to start a business venture with his brother. So I doubt if the information about him wanting to be our fielding coach is true

lamisa
July 28, 2010, 04:50 AM
i wonder how well our bowlers will be able to communicate with these foreign coaches.i don't think that either shafiul or rubel speak much english.do they have a translater,maybe chacha is their translater...

Naimul_Hd
July 28, 2010, 05:08 AM
i wonder how well our bowlers will be able to communicate with these foreign coaches.i don't think that either shafiul or rubel speak much english.do they have a translater,maybe chacha is their translater...

cricket has its own language...same as other sports. In football, some of the coaches cant even speak english properly, or even Brazilians, Argentines, French footballers dnt even understand english, but they all are playing together in EPL, BundesLiga, Seria A. Morinho, Arsen Wenger hardly could speak english before joining to Chelsea and Arsenal team but tht didnt create any problem. I believe, our players may not be comfortable speaking English but they are not totally illiterate tht they dnt even understand what have been said to them. IMO, we are too much focusing on other attributes than the main skills of coaching.