PDA

View Full Version : where is mehrab hossain jr.?

wasi90lkv1
August 3, 2010, 12:41 PM
i believe he had a good test match against new zealand in the past. where is he?

Dilscoop
August 3, 2010, 12:53 PM
It doesn't hurt to look around 1st, before opening a thread :)

wasi90lkv1
August 3, 2010, 01:14 PM
It doesn't hurt to look around 1st, before opening a thread :)

i changed the thread topic.

Rifat
August 3, 2010, 10:12 PM
give him three years time...he wil insha'Allah be back :)

he needs to rectify his bowling technique(more practice), and needs a couple of good domestic seasons!

he was part of the test squad for a short time..... did o.k.... not excellent by any means, but then got dropped for not producing anything 'significant'.

what is interesting about his colleagues and himself is that they came from U-19 team and they were "in the zone" for a while! the list includes: Aftab, Nafees, and a few others!

most of their stars has faded!

of course, a batting allrounder like Mehrab will most likely never get a chance with the national team unless he improves his bowling and becomes a pure allrounder, maybe i am wrong but I do not want to offend him, but i think his bowling at least should be improved upon! battingwise, he needs more exposure and practice!

BCB should set a new standard: older experienced players in the zone will get a "yes" before young people, shakib may be the only exception..players like Mehrab are simply put, need more experience and not ready yet!

Rommel
August 4, 2010, 01:13 AM
Give Mehrab a chance.

Nadim
August 4, 2010, 04:19 AM
Overrated...

Tiger444
August 4, 2010, 07:33 AM
I like Mehrab for tests..I believe he's a very good prospect for tests..in ODIs though he doesn't rotate the strike enough and his List A record is very poor..his FC record is pretty good..he averages a 31 which is pretty good for our standards and has 5 centuries with 9 half centuries which I think is impressive..his 83 against NZ was pretty impressive and he showed he can play spin pretty well but the main problem with him has been that he's not the best at playing pace which has posed a lot of problems for him..since he takes his time to score his runs you would like that kind of guy up at the top but since he struggles at the top he has to bat from 5-8 but then he has to be able to bowl decent but he's not a very good bowler..so its hard to give him a spot even in tests..Mushy, Naeem, and Riyad seem like much better players down the order then Mehrab so it seems its gonna be very tough for him to get chances but I hope he gets chances in the A team and proves himself in FC matches because I definitely think he's got a future in Test cricket..

Habib
August 4, 2010, 10:32 AM
I like Mehrab for tests..I believe he's a very good prospect for tests..in ODIs though he doesn't rotate the strike enough and his List A record is very poor..his FC record is pretty good..he averages a 31 which is pretty good for our standards and has 5 centuries with 9 half centuries which I think is impressive..his 83 against NZ was pretty impressive and he showed he can play spin pretty well but the main problem with him has been that he's not the best at playing pace which has posed a lot of problems for him..since he takes his time to score his runs you would like that kind of guy up at the top but since he struggles at the top he has to bat from 5-8 but then he has to be able to bowl decent but he's not a very good bowler..so its hard to give him a spot even in tests..Mushy, Naeem, and Riyad seem like much better players down the order then Mehrab so it seems its gonna be very tough for him to get chances but I hope he gets chances in the A team and proves himself in FC matches because I definitely think he's got a future in Test cricket..

Well his batting technique is better than Riyad from my observation.

Aritro
August 5, 2010, 12:50 AM
Mehrab has made all his big scores at Academy and A-Team level batting in the middle order. I might be wrong, but I strongly suspect that his few decent scores at international level have also come whilst batting in the middle order.

If he does make it back in the side, we'd do well to make the sensible decision to bat him where he's comfortable instead of square-pegging him into the opening slot.

Tiger444
August 5, 2010, 06:04 PM
Well his batting technique is better than Riyad from my observation.

Mehrab seems more compact then Riyad but I'm not sure if he's got a better technique..his technique against quality pace bowling isn't very good though..

Tiger444
August 5, 2010, 06:07 PM
Mehrab has made all his big scores at Academy and A-Team level batting in the middle order. I might be wrong, but I strongly suspect that his few decent scores at international level have also come whilst batting in the middle order.

If he does make it back in the side, we'd do well to make the sensible decision to bat him where he's comfortable instead of square-pegging him into the opening slot.

I agree..he's a middle order batsman and shouldn't be tested as an opener..he's done well well at the A team level which shows he's got talent..the selectors should have faith in him and select him for more A team tours to give him confidence..once Riyad and Naeem lose their form in Test cricket he could get a chance..we should definitely not write him off just yet..

lamisa
August 6, 2010, 10:07 AM
^^^^,th problem is,our middle order is too packed atm

Habib
August 6, 2010, 10:33 AM
Mehrab seems more compact then Riyad but I'm not sure if he's got a better technique..his technique against quality pace bowling isn't very good though..

And Riyad is good against quality pace? Not a chance. I have never seen Mehrab missing a straight delivery like Riyad is doing consistently atm.

Tiger444
August 6, 2010, 11:42 AM
And Riyad is good against quality pace? Not a chance. I have never seen Mehrab missing a straight delivery like Riyad is doing consistently atm.

Well he's certainly better then Mehrab..didn't he score a century against NZ in their home conditions with a pitch that was good for seamers? I know he's not great against pacers..they both are not good but then again who's very good against pace in our team besides Tamim? Our batsmen have a very hard time against pace but the main difference between Mehrab and Mahmudullah is Mahmudullah has scored big more consistently while Mehrab has struggled..

kiriket
August 8, 2010, 11:38 AM
please give Mehrab Ten to Twelve years time, I am sure he will come back...and make into Bangladesh team.

Tiger444
August 8, 2010, 08:57 PM
please give Mehrab Ten to Twelve years time, I am sure he will come back...and make into Bangladesh team.

hopefully he gets more looks before 10-12 years but right now our middle order is way too packed..hopefully he never gives up because he's a good talent for the Test team and I believe he can offer some good to BD cricket..I don't think he'll be as good as Naeem or Riyad when its all said and done but he'll turn out to be good..hopefully selectors have faith in him though and keep him around in their plans..as long as he can stay consistent in domestic leagues and in the A team then he will always get a look for the national team..I mean look at Faisal..he's 31 but has been given a chance for his solid performances in domestic and A team cricket..even though I don't think he should be in our T20 or ODI team..so Mehrab should focus on staying positive and he will get chances in the future..

BANFAN
August 9, 2010, 06:09 AM
He is currently on CHILLAH with TJ ;)

lamisa
August 9, 2010, 09:40 AM
he is currently waiting for his A level results which are due on the 19th!