PDA

View Full Version : bangladesh can surpass west indies by beating new zealand 5-0

wasi90lkv1
August 12, 2010, 04:20 PM
http://www.banglacricket.com/tools/odichampcalc.php

according to this calculator, bangladesh can surpass west indies in the ODI ranking by beating new zealand 5-0.

Murad
August 12, 2010, 04:29 PM
Ki dorkar erokom dusshopno dekhar? tao abar ei roja ramjane..!!

dolcevita
August 12, 2010, 04:34 PM
I will be over the moon if we can win this series 3-2

Habib
August 12, 2010, 04:51 PM
Oh how easy is that right?

alibangali
August 12, 2010, 06:16 PM
Virtually impossible espicially with the current mentality

bujhee kom
August 12, 2010, 06:19 PM
Hahahaah...Wasi mamuke Rojae dhorse!! Allah Mabud! Iftarir aro bohoo dur mamu! Matha ghurai...chokhe jhapsha dekhi....Allah tumi Malik.

Tigers_eye
August 12, 2010, 06:25 PM
5-0 tho hobey. Kintu other way around. Zim koto pisoney?

simon
August 12, 2010, 07:08 PM
ashol kotha,r we gonna have Vettori,Kalam ?
In that case it will be more unikely to happen.

Zeeshan
August 12, 2010, 07:17 PM
What bothers me more is not the fans who fails to dream the impossible -after all we are fans and we are not on kathgora here- but if these players also approach every game with this same mentality. "oh shiz we never won a single game against new zealand barring that odi so 5-0 must be way out of the window" because then it's nothing but feeding on cycle of self-fulfilling prophecy.

Habib
August 12, 2010, 07:20 PM
What bothers me more is not the fans who fails to dream the impossible -after all we are fans and we are not on kathgora here- but if these players also approach every game with this same mentality. "oh shiz we never won a single game against new zealand barring that odi so 5-0 must be way out of the window" because then it's nothing but feeding on cycle of self-fulfilling prophecy.

So we are really very quick to forget the fate of those infamous celebration threads aren't we?

Zeeshan
August 12, 2010, 07:34 PM
So we are really very quick to forget the fate of those infamous celebration threads aren't we?

Huh?

Habib
August 12, 2010, 07:38 PM
Huh?

Well I was talking about the reason behind fans' negative mentality- constant let down. *I know that you were mainly concerned over players' attitude.*

kalpurush
August 12, 2010, 07:46 PM
Every dream comes true...in times :)

Zeeshan
August 12, 2010, 08:05 PM
Well I was talking about the reason behind fans' negative mentality- constant let down. *I know that you were mainly concerned over players' attitude.*

Yup. I was talking about the latter.

Anyways, I think education has a lot to do with performance on field. Yes, we have talked about this issue ad nauseum in BC, and I don't quite remember what my stance was before, and at the risk of beating dead horse I think one of the chief reason why others team kick our axx is because they are superior in education.

Education has direct bearing on mentality. Yes, calculus of variations or learning Frisian, or speaking fluently English will not automatically make you kinematic genius on field. BUT a person who deals with that level of complexity operates entirely on a different plane. His nerves function differently, has different biochemicals flowing in mind-body, needless to mention the different vantage point one receives when one attains certain degree of education. These all trickle down in our hierarchical, architecture of neurology.

For instance, take public speaking. A public speaker cannot per se kick my axx in boxing but given if he is a public speaker + ordinary boxer and I am just an ordinary boxer he will have more edge and upper-hand given years of public speaking will have trained him to have better grip on nerves.

In similar veins to lay down in bare terms of equation:

Cricket skill + Education > Cricket skill

(Of course there are several counterexamples. Once Waqar was saying how many Pathans are picked from rural areas and villages in Pakistan. Yet they come and bludgeon the ball like anything. So it's not as if he will genuflect to a man with more education. Education has a very broad meaning. So to put things into perspective what I mean is a man with more concentrated neural, synaptic connections will process information faster and efficiently than someone who is not.)

Habib
August 12, 2010, 08:10 PM
Yup. I was talking about the latter.

Anyways, I think education has a lot to do with performance on field. Yes, we have talked about this issue ad nauseum in BC, and I don't quite remember what my stance was before, and at the risk of beating dead horse I think one of the chief reason why others team kick our axx is because they are superior in education.

Education has direct bearing on mentality. Yes, calculus of variations or learning Frisian, or speaking fluently English will not automatically make you kinematic genius on field. BUT a person who deals with that level of complexity operates entirely in a different plane. His nerves function differently, has different biochemicals flowing in mind-body, needless to mention the different vantage point one receives when one attains certain degree of education. These all trickle down in our hierarchical, architecture of neurology. (

For instance, take public speaking. A public speaker cannot per se kick my axx in boxing but given if he is a public speaker + ordinary boxer and I am just an ordinary boxer he will have more edge and upper-hand given years of public speaking will have trained him to have better grip on nerves.

In similar veins to lay down in bare terms of equation:

Cricket skill + Education > Cricket skill

(Of course there are several counterexamples. Once Waqar was saying how many Pathans are picked from rural areas and villages in Pakistan. Yet they come and bludgeon the ball like anything. So it's not as if he will genuflect to a man with more education. Education has a very broad meaning. So to put things into perspective what I mean is a man with more concentrated neural, synaptic connections will process information faster and efficiently than someone who is not.)

Is Zeeshan vai flying high after Bancan's comment? BTW I myself am very interested to be a student of Zee's English Coaching Center.

wasi90lkv1
August 13, 2010, 12:37 AM
last time new zealand played an ODI series against bangladesh in bangladesh, they had a tough time and could have lost the series.

maybe bangladesh should go for the kill and play aggressive cricket.

Nocturnal
August 13, 2010, 12:38 AM
Is Zeeshan vai flying high after Bancan's comment? BTW I myself am very interested to be a student of Zee's English Coaching Center.

Zee bhai flying high cause it's 4:20 GMT ...o wait it's Ramadan and he quit few days ago........................lol j/k :)

Antora
August 13, 2010, 01:28 AM
and the chances of that? :\

lamisa
August 13, 2010, 08:32 AM
^^^not quite that much to be realistic maybe we can hope for a 4-1 to NZ or dare to hope for 3-2 to NZ

rubel_18
August 13, 2010, 08:49 AM
And the chances of that are the same as me being the next Lionel Messi

roman
August 13, 2010, 09:52 AM
3-2 for Bangladesh, and if we can make it that would be a great triumph. Whatever the result of that series is I just dont want to see them playing with a loosing mindset. Go for it tigers!!!

Roni_uk
August 13, 2010, 10:12 AM
After this tour Bangladesh prob will go behind Zimbabuwe and Ireland.

wasi90lkv1
August 13, 2010, 10:39 AM

that should not happen.

Habib
August 13, 2010, 10:46 AM

Roni vai weren't you saying few days ago that we can beat Kiwis in test easily. Do you still think so?

Tiger Manc
August 13, 2010, 10:54 AM
I doubt we'll beat new zealand. The best we can hope for is to go close in one of the matches.

revolver
August 13, 2010, 04:37 PM
i would be happy if we win 1
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Bond
August 13, 2010, 04:39 PM
bangladesh can't even beat netherlands, how can they possibly win against the kiwis? a team without ashraful is a team full of fools

lamisa
August 14, 2010, 01:36 AM
we might just steal one from the kiwis....but wait,that depends on who's umpiring the match,if it's ashoka de silva or our moni,then we will lose the match even before the toss!

BANFAN
August 14, 2010, 04:03 AM
you mean 5 in next five years / series? still a tough call. But may be possible.

;)

M.H.Rubel
August 14, 2010, 08:44 AM
Bangladesh beating Newzeland 5-0 under Siddons ! Simply a distant hope as the whole team need to reinstall winning mentality.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

_Rafi_
August 14, 2010, 09:59 AM
Bangladesh beating Newzeland 5-0 under Siddons ! Simply a distant hope as the whole team need to reinstall winning mentality.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Beating Nz 5-0 is distant dream for any country, not only for BD. When they are beaten by 5-0 last time...I cant remember.
Our realistic target should be 2 wins and 3 competitive matches. Still it will not be easy.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Rifat
August 14, 2010, 03:17 PM
this is exactly the type of Optimism our players need :)

Impossible is Nothing ;)

we all remember what happened last time NZ toured Bangladesh don't we ? ;)
they played out of their skins,tooths and nails to save a series defeat and test defeat.

It was all after Ramadhan too...;) the signs of Allah are there for those who think ;)

and remember we had a very bad summer just before that...we got pawned by the aussies...74 all out...it's hard to forget these days....

This is Bangladesh for you :)

Zeeshan
August 14, 2010, 04:44 PM
:)

;)

;)

;) ;)

:)

:mad:

crikfreak
August 15, 2010, 08:38 AM
doesnt every1 say tht on a gvn day bd can do nethin?? Well... I wanna c 5 of those days... In a row...
Lukin at d team now every1 wil feel they cnt do it... Bt wel, nothins impossible ryt??
I just wanna c these guys try their best... Tht wil b enuf... Insha Allah... Allah is wid us....

beshideshi
August 15, 2010, 08:45 AM

Could not agree more. The players must believe they can win each and every game they play, otherwise whats the point of playing?

lamisa
August 16, 2010, 04:19 AM
NZ is good in odis but their team is young and i really can't tell whether it's a strong team,they totally demolished india but got demolished themselves against srilanka,so it's hard to tell exactly how strong they are...

One World
August 16, 2010, 05:59 AM
You can easily dream of a win against NZ at your flat highway pitch. The magic in Dumbulla shown from pacers will not sustain there.

Imteaz
August 18, 2010, 03:34 AM
Koto shundor shpno.......... Bhabte bhaloi lage. :D

cricket_king
August 18, 2010, 06:41 AM
NZ is good in odis but their team is young and i really can't tell whether it's a strong team,they totally demolished india but got demolished themselves against srilanka,so it's hard to tell exactly how strong they are...

They didn't get "demolished" by Sri lanka. Lanka just won by 3 wickets.
This NZ side is very much in form; this is usually the trend before the major World cup. They always manage the semi finals.

Roni_uk
August 18, 2010, 07:10 AM
Roni vai weren't you saying few days ago that we can beat Kiwis in test easily. Do you still think so?

I did? But this is ODI anyway. I think we are quite competitive in Test now and ya I still think we can beat the Kiwis in Test but in ODI, after getting beaten by Ireland and Netherland recently, I lost my hope. This 6 weeks or so break is good for our team (minus Shakib).. hope we can bounce back.

lamisa
August 19, 2010, 12:21 PM
They didn't get "demolished" by Sri lanka. Lanka just won by 3 wickets.
This NZ side is very much in form; this is usually the trend before the major World cup. They always manage the semi finals.

sorry,i was speaking based on the kiwis' innings...

zman
October 14, 2010, 03:28 PM
Had to bump this one too for showing the courage to dream Big

mij
October 14, 2010, 04:00 PM
Had to bump this one too for showing the courage to dream Big

:up:

Nocturnal
October 14, 2010, 05:00 PM
thread opener wasi90lkv1 = legend :)

Rifat
October 14, 2010, 05:01 PM
:mad:

you arn't that angry now are you Gopal Bro :)?

come on Smile!

well, still not achieved yet, but we are only a whisker(ODI) away.
we have come this far. why not go further?

Alhamdulillahi Rabbil a'lamin!

Rifat
October 14, 2010, 05:02 PM

Ditto.

Tiger Manc
October 15, 2010, 10:03 AM

Agreed.

wasi90lkv1,
I have to ask were you being serious when you opened this thread?

wasi90lkv1
October 15, 2010, 04:24 PM
Agreed.

wasi90lkv1,
I have to ask were you being serious when you opened this thread?

i was serious.

i also feel bangladesh can beat australia (or possibly whitewash) in the home soil next year.

Habib
October 15, 2010, 04:26 PM
Good call Wasi :)

Shehwar
October 15, 2010, 06:18 PM
Ur a legend mate! I was hoping for a 3-2 series win which I wrote on a different thread and would have been over the moon with that! But as I went through ur posts on this thread I clearly noticed u actually believed we were gonna whitewash them!!! Hats off to you bro ...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

crikss
October 16, 2010, 12:55 AM
It seems we got our own version of Paul the Octopus --> wasi90lkv1

So bro anymore prediction..like how we will perform in the upcoming world cup?

wasi90lkv1
October 16, 2010, 07:56 AM
It seems we got our own version of Paul the Octopus --> wasi90lkv1

So bro anymore prediction..like how we will perform in the upcoming world cup?

i did not predict, i just said it was a possibility.

i think bangladesh should win at least 4 games in the first round (2 against associates, 1 against south africa, 1 against west indies) and make it to the next round.

Tiger444
October 16, 2010, 08:16 AM
Wasi bro I have to give you props..you had the guts to open this thread even though people doubted we could pull it off..good job man..

wasi90lkv1
October 17, 2010, 03:07 AM
the whitewash has not been completed yet, hopefully it will be done today and bangladesh will become no. 8.

Zunaid
October 17, 2010, 06:10 AM
Done

Purbasha T
October 17, 2010, 06:18 AM
and dusted.

alibangali
October 17, 2010, 06:20 AM
Dddd

zman
October 17, 2010, 07:10 AM
So what's the verdict on the Bd - Zim series?
More importantly what do I have to do to start making money online ;)

Tiger Manc
October 17, 2010, 08:29 AM
It's a shame the weather ruined the other match otherwise this could've been 5-0.

Is this thread the greatest of all time?

hoodlum
October 17, 2010, 11:27 AM
it is the greatest thread of all time...hails mr thread opener!!! u are the next octopus paul for us.

BlindSupporterofBD
October 17, 2010, 11:56 AM
চারদিকে যখন সাফল্যের জয়গান, তখন না-পারার প্রশ্ন উঠছে কেন? উঠছে আইসিসির গাণিতিক ভুলের কারণে। আজকের ম্যাচের আগে আইসিসির পক্ষ থেকে জানানো হয়েছিল, বাংলাদেশ ৪-০ ব্যবধানে জিতলে ওয়ানডে র‌্যাঙ্কিংয়ে ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজের সঙ্গে যৌথভাবে আটে উঠে যাবে। ম্যাচ শেষে টিভিতে সেই র‌্যাঙ্কিং দেখানোও হয়েছে। কিন্তু পরে আইসিসি নিজেদের ভুল শুধরে নিয়ে বিবৃতি দেয়। বাংলাদেশ আসলে ৯ থেকে ৮-এ উঠতে পারেনি।
এই সিরিজে ১৩ রেটিং পয়েন্ট যোগ করেছে বাংলাদেশ। এখন মোট রেটিং পয়েন্ট ৬৭। ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজেরও তাই। কিন্তু এর মধ্যে সুক্ষ একটা ব্যবধান আছে। ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজের মূল রেটিং পয়েন্ট আসলে ৬৭.০৬, বাংলাদেশের ৬৬.৬৮। এ কারণে বাংলাদেশকে নয়েই থাকতে হচ্ছে।
র‌্যাঙ্কিংয়ের শীর্ষে অবস্থান করছে অস্ট্রেলিয়া। দ্বিতীয় ও তৃতীয় স্থানে রয়েছে যথাক্রমে ভারত ও দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকা। পরবর্তী অবস্থানে রয়েছে যথাক্রমে শ্রীলঙ্কা, ইংল্যান্ড ও পাকিস্তান। নিউজিল্যান্ড সাত নম্বরে।

BlindSupporterofBD
October 17, 2010, 11:58 AM
this is sad!

hoax
October 18, 2010, 09:22 PM
The greatest future prediction of the century!!!!....if only rain didn't come..

shafayeen
October 18, 2010, 10:00 PM
hahaha this thread has so awesomely self proved itself....its funny reading the posts frm august. How our players have proved us wrong!!! gooo Tigers!!

beshideshi
October 20, 2010, 09:23 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/page2/content/story/482645.html

just a cartoon, thought of sharing here

wasi90lkv1
October 20, 2010, 04:42 PM
it is good to see bangladesh whitewashed new zealand. i think fans, media, and players should not get carried away. bangladesh should take the series against zimbabwe seriously and try to whitewash zimbabwe.

i may not be surprised if bangladesh does something historical in the upcoming world cup. again, this is not a prediction.

Raynman
October 21, 2010, 10:25 AM
it is good to see bangladesh whitewashed new zealand. i think fans, media, and players should not get carried away. bangladesh should take the series against zimbabwe seriously and try to whitewash zimbabwe.

i may not be surprised if bangladesh does something historical in the upcoming world cup. again, this is not a prediction.

Is it too much to ask for you to open a "BD can be .......... if we win the World Cup" thread .. :D

bujhee kom
October 21, 2010, 10:59 AM
Dikey dikey eki shuni, shudhu BD BD joyodhoni!

Tiger444
October 21, 2010, 11:46 AM
Is it too much to ask for you to open a "BD can be .......... if we win the World Cup" thread .. :D

I would be so down for that..I think you should do that Wasi bro..