PDA

View Full Version : What if australia cancels their series with bangladesh

brockley
August 16, 2010, 05:28 PM
What can bangladesh do?
It will be a long off season for australia after playing 6 months of cricket,and they may want a rest after the world cup.
I'd say the series is more unlikely than likley.
I am not confident it will go ahead.
Australia has form as does india,so don't be hopeful.
And the icc did not fine australia cancelling the series in oz,unlikley to do something if australia cancels again.
This is effectively bangladeshes next test series after 12 months of no test cricket.

Habib
August 16, 2010, 05:32 PM
If that happens then Bangladesh should look for arranging test series with other available countries. And if they can't arrange any then don't really know what to do.

Miraz
August 16, 2010, 05:37 PM
There is no need to speculate. Australia deferred Bangladesh away series (home series for OZ) due to commercial uncertainty. Australia is not going to lose a penny when touring Bangladesh.

Ajfar
August 16, 2010, 05:47 PM
^ Miraz bhai is right on the money. Countries dont have problem touring us but they do have problem when they have to host us.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

lamisa
August 17, 2010, 04:50 AM
^^^the english stadiums seemed pretty packed when we last went to england...

firstlane
August 17, 2010, 08:00 AM
^^^Not all australian stadiums will be packed if Bangladesh plays but Sydney Cricket Ground will have at least 20-30k Bangladeshies if its a limited over match. Bangladeshis in Sydney have been long waiting for a match to be held in Sydney. But BCB is not proactive enough to provide the statistics to CA.

reverse_swing
August 17, 2010, 08:15 AM
^^^Not all australian stadiums will be packed if Bangladesh plays but Sydney Cricket Ground will have at least 20-30k Bangladeshies if its a limited over match.

According to 2006 census, the number of Bangladeshi in Australia was 17,289.

Source: >> (http://bangla-sydney.com/pdf/bd-demographic-profile.pdf)

beshideshi
August 17, 2010, 08:23 AM
According to 2006 census, the number of Bangladeshi in Australia was 17,289.

Source: >> (http://bangla-sydney.com/pdf/bd-demographic-profile.pdf)

It was 4 years back, according to the estimates and the high commission in Australia, the number of Bangladeshis in Sydney alone exceeds 20k[not surprising if you stayed/visited Sydney in the recent past]
But then again, not even 40% of the Bangladeshi community would go to the stadium

deshprem
August 17, 2010, 08:37 AM
yeh census is done every 5 yers here. im sure 40% wud go if it was in sydney,.n im pretty sure way past 20k now. 18K people alone went to the boishakhi mela here in sydney olympic park.

Habib
August 17, 2010, 10:41 AM
yeh census is done every 5 yers here. im sure 40% wud go if it was in sydney,.n im pretty sure way past 20k now. 18K people alone went to the boishakhi mela here in sydney olympic park.

Just because they went to the boishakhi mela doesn't mean that they will go to the stadium too. In the last T20 WC in England everyone was excited that BD would get a huge support in the stadium but in reality there were just a few Bangladeshis present there. Forget Australia even in our home we don't see that much crowd as before.

roman
August 17, 2010, 11:05 AM
Just because they went to the boishakhi mela doesn't mean that they will go to the stadium too. In the last T20 WC in England everyone was excited that BD would get a huge support in the stadium but in reality there were just a few Bangladeshis present there. Forget Australia even in our home we don't see that much crowd as before.
Bideshe koshto kore kamai kora taka ke spend korte chai when we all know that Bangladesh will loose?

Habib
August 17, 2010, 12:28 PM
Bideshe koshto kore kamai kora taka ke spend korte chai when we all know that Bangladesh will loose?

Yes & that's the main reason behind the lack of fans in the stadium.

Murad
August 17, 2010, 01:00 PM
Australia earns good amount of money by touring Bangladesh. They will never cancel it.

Neel Here
August 17, 2010, 02:57 PM
Australia earns good amount of money by touring Bangladesh. They will never cancel it.

it's the opposite, the hosting nation earns, the tourists are just provided accommodation, transport and training facilities.

_Rafi_
August 17, 2010, 04:30 PM
No Shane Warne, no freaking Gilchrist...now who to save Australia from embarrassment. Last time they got away, this time no compromise.:-)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Habib
August 17, 2010, 04:33 PM
No Shane Warne, no freaking Gilchrist...now who to save Australia from embarrassment. Last time they got away, this time no compromise.:-)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Uhu. Not happening. Because this time they've got Jamie Siddons.

FagunerAgun
August 17, 2010, 04:57 PM
If that happens then Bangladesh should look for arranging test series with other availabe countries. And if they can't arrange any then don't really know what to do.
Spot on, Habib bhai. There is no end of anything in this cricketing world.

brockley
August 17, 2010, 06:52 PM
I am just worried the CA will want players to rest after the world cup,hard to get a nation with the ipl on.
Their 4 tours on wouldn't be surprised if a few cancelled,srilanka in england hell no,india and west indies no,ipl time.
Bangladesh need to tour and play the associates again.

Imteaz
August 18, 2010, 03:23 AM
Take Rest.

brockley
August 20, 2010, 04:22 PM
How much does australia earn to tour bangladesh.
The aussie player union may call to scupper the tour due to burn out.
There is a chance we may rest players too.

Murad
August 20, 2010, 04:26 PM
it's the opposite, the hosting nation earns, the tourists are just provided accommodation, transport and training facilities.

Is it? I didn't know that. I thought the visiting teams get some percentage of the revenue as well..

beshideshi
August 21, 2010, 03:49 AM

If I am not mistaken, both the participating team gets quite a handsome some of money from ICC as a participation fee, plus there is the match fees and some other things that would make the Cricket Australia account healthier. So, without any cost, Australia would earn some[not a lot compared to a home series] money and they won't call off the series. The worst they can do is send a weaker team.

BANFAN
August 21, 2010, 06:03 AM
What can bangladesh do?

Bangladesh can immediately arrange a 10 ODI home & Away series with Zim. There by recover all financial losses, or infact gain and have some good practice. Retain the winning attitude etc etc. I find Many positives.

lamisa
August 21, 2010, 08:20 AM
If I am not mistaken, both the participating team gets quite a handsome some of money from ICC as a participation fee, plus there is the match fees and some other things that would make the Cricket Australia account healthier. So, without any cost, Australia would earn some[not a lot compared to a home series] money and they won't call off the series. The worst they can do is send a weaker team.

good for us,we may as well bag a few wins!

Neel Here
August 26, 2010, 01:30 PM
beshideshi, ICC doesn't provide any participation fee. as far as I know, the deal is done between the respective boards, the tourists may or may not get a cut on the series sponsorship (which is the real earner) depending on their agreement but even if they do, it is quite small. tourists get nothing from stadium gate money. transport and accommodation is of course provided by the host board.
the deals are usually reciprocal, that is it goes like 'I'll give you 5% of series sponsorship money when you tour us and vice versa.'