PDA

View Full Version : Tamim Iqbal and Shafiul Islam shortlisted for ICC Awards

Equinox
August 18, 2010, 08:53 AM
Tamim has been nominated for Test Cricketer of the Year while Shafiul has been nominated in the Emerging Player of the Year category.

Equinox
August 18, 2010, 08:56 AM
http://icc-cricket.yahoo.net/newsdet...153_1282128600

Long-lists of nominees (in alphabetical order; each category will be reduced to a short-list in due course)

Individual Awards

Test Player of the Year

Hashim Amla (SA)
James Anderson (Eng)
Mohammad Asif (Pak)
Doug Bollinger (Aus)
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Ind)
Tamim Iqbal (BD)
Mahela Jayawardena (SL)
Jacques Kallis (SA)
Simon Katich (Aus)
Kumar Sangakkara (SL)
Thilan Samaraweera (SL)
Virender Sehwag (Ind)
Dale Steyn (SA)
Graeme Swann (Eng)
Sachin Tendulkar (Ind)
Shane Watson (Aus)

Emerging Player of the Year

Mohammad Amir (Pak)
Umar Akmal (Pak)
Tim Bresnan (Eng)
Steven Finn (Eng)
Shafiul Islam (BD)
Ravindra Jadeja (Ind)
Virat Kohli (Ind)
Angelo Mathews (SL)
Eoin Morgan (Eng)
Pragyan Ojha (Ind)
Tim Paine (Aus)
Wayne Parnell (SA)
Kemar Roach (WI)
Steven Smith (Aus)
Paul Stirling (Ire)
David Warner (Aus)

Miraz
August 18, 2010, 08:59 AM
Mohammad Amir will get the emerging player of the year without a hint of a doubt. Test player of the year will be tough fight.

Equinox
August 18, 2010, 09:00 AM
I think only Tamim will retain his place in the final shortlist. Shafiul has some strong competition. Tamim definitely deserved a nomination in the Cricketer of the Year category as well.

magic boy
August 18, 2010, 09:03 AM
Nowhere Shakib !!!

shakibrulz
August 18, 2010, 09:08 AM
Emerging Player of the Year
Mohammad Amir (Pak)
Umar Akmal (Pak)
Tim Bresnan (Eng)
Steven Finn (Eng)
Shafiul Islam (BD)
Ravindra Jadeja (Ind)
Virat Kohli (Ind)
Angelo Mathews (SL)
Eoin Morgan (Eng)
Pragyan Ojha (Ind)
Tim Paine (Aus)
Wayne Parnell (SA)
Kemar Roach (WI)
Steven Smith (Aus)
Paul Stirling (Ire)
David Warner (Aus)

Test Player of the Year
Hashim Amla (SA)
James Anderson (Eng)
Mohammad Asif (Pak)
Doug Bollinger (Aus)
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Ind)
Tamim Iqbal (BD)
Mahela Jayawardena (SL)
Jacques Kallis (SA)
Simon Katich (Aus)
Kumar Sangakkara (SL)
Thilan Samaraweera (SL)
Virender Sehwag (Ind)
Dale Steyn (SA)
Graeme Swann (Eng)
Sachin Tendulkar (Ind)
Shane Watson (Aus)

No Shakib though :(

Full list: http://www.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/473065.html

kalpurush
August 18, 2010, 09:09 AM
Mohammad Amir will get the emerging player of the year without a hint of a doubt. Test player of the year will be tough fight.
^^^ no doubt about that IMO.

My three for the Test:

Sachin Tendulkar
Kumar Sangakkara
Tamim Iqbal

shakibrulz
August 18, 2010, 09:18 AM
I think only Tamim will retain his place in the final shortlist. Shafiul has some strong competition. Tamim definitely deserved a nomination in the Cricketer of the Year category as well.

Seconded.

Didn't see your thread though. :(

patriot
August 18, 2010, 09:43 AM
Mohammad Amir will get the emerging player of the year without a hint of a doubt.

Eoin Mogan has equal chances of getting that ,if not better.

dolcevita
August 18, 2010, 09:48 AM
Icc player of the year : tendulkar
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Farhad
August 18, 2010, 10:26 AM
Tamim has a good shot IMO. Shafiul doesnt have a chance in hell...

Equinox
August 18, 2010, 10:46 AM
Nah Tamim doesn't have a shot either. Tendelya will win it. But Tamim must be among the final nominees. My picks:

Test player of the Year:
Sachin Tendulkar
Virender Sehwag
Hashim Amla
Tamim Iqbal
James Anderson/Dale Steyn

Emerging Player of the Year:
Mohammad Amir
Steven Smith
Steve Finn
Eoin Morgan
Virat Kohli

Tiger-ess
August 18, 2010, 10:57 AM
I think I need an eye checkup! I was just watching the Eng-Pak test and the test player of the year list came up and I couldnt spot Tamim Iqbal on there, I was getting ready to open up a rather heated "How could they????" thread!!! But it seems like he's on there afterall:-D
Goodluck Tamim and Shafi.

Beamer
August 18, 2010, 11:06 AM

I agree. Tamim has as good a chance as any for the Test player of the year. Good luck to him.

Rabz
August 18, 2010, 11:46 AM
Tamim will be in the final 5,but i'm afraid he might miss out.
Had the two test series against NZ was still on and Tamim had crossed 1000 runs, he would definitely be a "strong" contendor.
But now, he might be left out by one of them from the big boys club.

Beamer
August 18, 2010, 12:01 PM
^^^ That will be an achievement by itself. He will win it someday though if not this year..

nycpro96
August 18, 2010, 12:20 PM
Emerging Player of the Year award is for Mohammad Amir's taking. You don't really need a vote for that answer. But test cricketer of the year is a tough one. I think Tamim would make final 3. Tendu would probably take it but it would be great if they gave it to some young blood a.k.a. Tamim.

zman
August 18, 2010, 04:47 PM
It'll be a very closely contested race between Amla, Tendu and Tamim...In my unbiased opinion Tamim should win in a photo finish for displaying sheer class and brilliance with the bat despite playing with a fractured bone in his hand and huge chip on his shoulders almost every time he stepped on the pitch being fully aware that his team's hopes rested squarely on him--neither Amla nor Tendu had to deal with either injury or the same kind of pressure. If Tamim doesn't win my other vote goes to Amla for having a great year and consistently scoring runs in more difficult conditions than Tendu.

Murad
August 18, 2010, 05:03 PM
Test cricketer of the year will be one of Dale Steyn, Grame Swann and James Anderson.

Murad
August 18, 2010, 05:10 PM
No Shakib though :(

Full list: http://www.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/473065.html

Shakib averaging over 39 in bowling. And averaging 33 in batting.
He's messed up his averages in England tour.

Bond
August 18, 2010, 05:50 PM
Dale Steyn or Hashim Amla will be the test cricketer of the year
Emerging player no doubt - Aamer

simon
August 18, 2010, 07:05 PM
I think I need an eye checkup! I was just watching the Eng-Pak test and the test player of the year list came up and I couldnt spot Tamim Iqbal on there, I was getting ready to open up a rather heated "How could they????" thread!!! But it seems like he's on there afterall:-D
Goodluck Tamim and Shafi.

I had exactly the same experience as u this morning,& offcourse I was surprised or shocked but now I wonder if it was for the player of the yr( not the Test player):confused:

simon
August 18, 2010, 07:12 PM
I"m very much sure abt my list,

Test player of the Yr:

Tamim
Sachin
Swann
I believe Tamim has a bit more chance than the other two. :)

Emerging plyr of the yr:

without a single doubt Eoin Morgan
surprisingly if not then Ameer

Ajfar
August 18, 2010, 08:16 PM
Win or no win the fact that he got nominated for that itself quite an achievement. Hopefully stuff like this will make Tamim hungry for more.

mafizraju
August 19, 2010, 03:27 AM
These are some of the late realization regarding the tests england played in six months or so...

"Incredibly, given that teams with the reputation of Australia and Pakistan have been in town, it is the ever-lampooned Bangladeshis who have put up the fiercest fight, with Tamim Iqbal's outrageously gung-ho century at Lord's provoking his team-mates into the sort of resistance that this series is now crying out for."

"Prior that, however, Tamim Iqbal had slammed 266 runs from 276 balls in three of the most carefree onslaughts imaginable, and if you rewind even further, to the first Test in Chittagong, it was Swann himself who lost his rag through frustration, as Junaid Siddique's century kept England waiting for their hardest-earned win of the year."

"However, with four consecutive wins against Bangladesh and now a thumping result against a batting line-up that lacks even the class of a Tamim Iqbal to bolster its potential, there's a limit to how excited England can dare to get about such form."

and brendon....

"McCullum takes inspiration from the likes of Virender Sehwag, Matthew Hayden, Tillekeratne, Dilshan, Chris Gayle and Tamim Iqbal, all of whom have reinvented the role of the opening batsmen, adding a little of their own style to the position."

mafizraju
August 19, 2010, 03:29 AM
I"m very much sure abt my list,

Test player of the Yr:

Tamim
Sachin
Swann
I believe Tamim has a bit more chance than the other two. :)

Emerging plyr of the yr:

without a single doubt Eoin Morgan
surprisingly if not then Ameer

Nope no doubt.. it will be Ameer, if surprisingly not then may be just may be Eoin..

beshideshi
August 19, 2010, 03:51 AM
The fact that Tamim plays in the weakest team in the circuit should only boost his chances. He doesn't have tendulkar/laxman/ponting/pietersen to back him up.
The way he stood up against the best English side in a while, that too with such grace and carrying a niggling injury should really put him at least in the top 5 test performers of the year. I would rate his Old Trafford 100 the very best, simply because England had all summer to work out Tamim, they tried to restrict him by bowling at his body but he still managed to tweak his game enough to score a 100.

dolcevita
August 19, 2010, 04:14 AM
Test player of the year : swann sehwag and alma are favourite , Tamim gonna be in w test 11

simon
August 19, 2010, 05:40 AM
My final 2 for the Test :
Tamim Iqbal
Swann
Player of the Yr:
Sachin

simon
August 19, 2010, 06:02 AM
Tamim's batting was fearless,full of dominance and arrogance,against 3 good test teams Eng,Ind & NZ.
in different conditions out of subcontinent,Eng & NZ.
Whereas Sehwag & Sachin or Sanga only played in sub conditions.

Tiger-ess
August 19, 2010, 07:16 AM
I had exactly the same experience as u this morning,& offcourse I was surprised or shocked but now I wonder if it was for the player of the yr( not the Test player):confused:

you are right it was player of the year! Still think Tamim should be in that too:-D

aniksh1
August 19, 2010, 11:32 AM
Do not think we will win but nice to make the list...

lamisa
August 19, 2010, 11:40 AM
tamim has a very good chance and it really wasn't a big surprise but shafiul was a bit of a surprise.obviously shafiul can't win it since he has aamer and morgan in the same group but he should take it as an inspiration and try and grab it the next time!

Imteaz
August 20, 2010, 02:17 AM
Good Luck Tamim, Good Luck Shafiul.

But, I don think anyone will get the prize.

Mahmood
August 20, 2010, 03:57 PM
Just wanted to make a correction: this is the long list, not the short one.

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/story/473065.html

Mahmood
September 20, 2010, 09:47 AM
Sadly, none made the shortlist.

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/477929.html

Neel Here
September 20, 2010, 10:00 AM
tamim should have made it.

shakibrulz
September 20, 2010, 10:20 AM
There was no chance of winning anyways. Fine enough but Finn & Paine? Morgan should've easily made it I thought, kinda shocking.

BTW hope Tendu and Viru wins most of the awards :D

dolcevita
September 20, 2010, 10:37 AM
tamim should have made it.

Tamim hasn't played one test between august 2009 to january 2010

Neel Here
September 20, 2010, 11:37 AM
so jan 2010 was the cut off date ? next year then ? ;)

jisaan
September 20, 2010, 11:50 AM
it's only the beginning for Tamim.... Insha-Allah! soon there'll be a new term common in international cricket - Tamimmed!!!

simon
September 20, 2010, 05:57 PM
Tamim hasn't played one test between august 2009 to january 2010

ya,very unfortunate.
If it was from Jan-Jun or something than Tamim had a very good chance.
Unlucky Bangali.:(

cricket_king
September 20, 2010, 06:43 PM
LOL @ Tim Paine winning. Seriously, that award would've had to have been rigged.

shakibrulz
September 20, 2010, 10:49 PM
LOL @ Tim Paine winning. Seriously, that award would've had to have been rigged.

Yeah, time flippin paine? :sick:

And god knows why the heck is Finn nominated? Why not Morgan?

al-Sagar
September 20, 2010, 11:00 PM
Yeah, time flippin paine? :sick:

And god knows why the heck is Finn nominated? Why not Morgan?

is Eion Morgan a new comer to cricket ???

he may be new for England but in international cricket as he played a lot for Ireland before .. .. ..

beshideshi
September 20, 2010, 11:19 PM
it's only the beginning for Tamim.... Insha-Allah! soon there'll be a new term common in international cricket - Tamimmed!!!

I think Tammered will be a better word

sir john
September 21, 2010, 01:07 AM
Intresting to see who will win these awards.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

shakibrulz
September 21, 2010, 01:15 AM
is Eion Morgan a new comer to cricket ???

he may be new for England but in international cricket as he played a lot for Ireland before .. .. ..

Valid point, but he made it to the long-list :-D

shakibrulz
September 21, 2010, 01:16 AM
I think Tammered will be a better word

Tammered, I like it :four:...:six:

Purbasha T
September 21, 2010, 09:47 AM
How about Tamolished? :-p

or, Tammihilated? (my vote)

or, Tammastated?

or a rather tame one, Tamed?

lol!

lamisa
September 21, 2010, 10:02 AM
ishsh boroi afsosjonok bepar!

Neel Here
September 21, 2010, 10:05 AM
tamolished sounds super ! not so much the other two.

aklemalp
September 21, 2010, 10:10 AM
tamed the opponents,tamolished the aussies

MohammedC
September 21, 2010, 11:23 AM
Tamim on his twitter page.

Ok. Let's take a poll. Sachin vs lara.? Both are great but i will go for lara as he is left handed too
mobile web • 21/09/2010 12:36

shakibrulz
October 6, 2010, 10:07 AM
<hr style="color: transparent; background-color: transparent;" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Brendon McCullum - best t20 performance of the year

Steven Finn wins the emerging player of the year. :lol:

Ryaan ten Doeschate Associate player of the year

Virendra Sehwag Test player of the year

Aleem Dar,the Umpire of the Year

Tendulkar wins the ICC cricketer of the year & People's Choice Award.

De Villieres bags the ODI player of the year.

Dhoni is the test captian of the year.

Ponting is ODI captain of the year

Kiwis win the ICC Spirit of Cricket Award :floor:

Habib
October 6, 2010, 10:13 AM
The last award is very questionable TBF.

shakibrulz
October 6, 2010, 10:24 AM
The last award is very questionable TBF.
Last award alone? What about Steve Finn winning the emerging player instead of Umar Akmal and McCullum winning instead of hussey who played a blinder in the T20 Wcup Semis?

shakibrulz
October 6, 2010, 10:26 AM
ODI Team of the Year - Tendulkar, Watson, Hussey, de Villiers, Collingwood, Ponting (c), Dhoni, Vettori, Broad, Bollinger, Harris.

Test team of the year - Sehwag, Katich, Tendulkar, Amla, Sangakkara, Kallis, Dhoni (c), Swann, Anderson, Steyn, Bollinger

No Tait in the ODI team??

dolcevita
October 6, 2010, 11:13 AM
no TAMIM IN TEST TEAM ????? what a choking

Beamer
October 6, 2010, 11:21 AM
I am not sure how Sakib doesn't cut the ODI team ! I mean, find me a better all rounder in ODI's ? Collingwood over him this year? Please..

These panelists are blue blooded elites. They can shove it up you know where..

simon
October 6, 2010, 11:38 AM
<hr style="color: transparent; background-color: transparent;" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Brendon McCullum - best t20 performance of the year

Steven Finn wins the emerging player of the year. :lol:

Ryaan ten Doeschate Associate player of the year

Virendra Sehwag Test player of the year

Aleem Dar,the Umpire of the Year

Tendulkar wins the ICC cricketer of the year & People's Choice Award.

De Villieres bags the ODI player of the year.

Dhoni is the test captian of the year.

Ponting is ODI captain of the year

Kiwis win the ICC Spirit of Cricket Award :floor:

these awards r from which month & ending when.
it looks very odd to me.
and why not Sanga as the test cpt.:confused:
why not Tamim instead of Sehwag.:confused:
what did Finn do?:confused:

simon
October 6, 2010, 11:40 AM
no TAMIM IN TEST TEAM ????? what a choking

absltly,if Katich & Amla can make it than why not TAMIM?

tiger1000
October 6, 2010, 11:42 AM
Tamim should have got in over katich

betaar
October 6, 2010, 11:42 AM
I am not sure how Sakib doesn't cut the ODI team ! I mean, find me a better all rounder in ODI's ? Collingwood over him this year? Please..

These panelists are blue blooded elites. They can shove it up you know where..

Isn't Shakib the best ODI all rounder over a year now? How does he become a ICC ODI #1 all rounder but doesn't get a chance in the ODI team? :waiting:

I don't think it's blue blood it's haves vs havenots. :sick:

betaar
October 6, 2010, 11:44 AM
Tamim should have got in over katich

Totally agree. I guess we can blame it on his hand injury......:-D

shakibrulz
October 6, 2010, 11:57 AM
What a Joke. Collingwood but No Shaks. And no Tamim either. :sick: stuff

beshideshi
October 6, 2010, 12:07 PM
ICC's ranking system is flawed or their XI selection is flawed. And unless both are judged on the same grounds, we will keep on having these inconsistency. How can #1 all rounder, #2 ODI bowler be out of the ODI team?
I understand that they set the team based on the past 12 months' records, but if someone is not good enough[according to ICC] to even make the world XI, please remove him from the #1 spot and stop the hilarity.

shakibrulz
October 6, 2010, 12:11 PM
ICC's ranking system is flawed or their XI selection is flawed. And unless both are judged on the same grounds, we will keep on having these inconsistency. How can #1 all rounder, #2 ODI bowler be out of the ODI team?
I understand that they set the team based on the past 12 months' records, but if someone is not good enough[according to ICC] to even make the world XI, please remove him from the #1 spot and stop the hilarity.

Nailed it :out:

dolcevita
October 6, 2010, 12:16 PM
Shakib is better than vettori in odi

Neel Here
October 6, 2010, 12:31 PM
these awards r from which month & ending when.
it looks very odd to me.
and why not Sanga as the test cpt.:confused:
why not Tamim instead of Sehwag.:confused:
what did Finn do?:confused:

sanga as test captain ? /:) what exactly has he done ? 1 win in 6 matches and 3 losses, including 2 huge innings defeats. if you go by record it has to be dhoni.

tamim in stead of sehwag ? are you sleeping my dear ? the guy has averaged 80 at a SR of 97 and is the ICC test player of the year in the same time period.

you should be saying tamim instead of katich. I've no frigging idea how he made the list ahead of tamim. tamim has a higher average and a FAR higher SR.

shak's exclusion from the ODI list is simply disgraceful, I'm lost for words. this doesn't happen usually. :mad:

simon
October 6, 2010, 12:43 PM
sanga as test captain ? /:) what exactly has he done ? 1 win in 6 matches and 3 losses, including 2 huge innings defeats. if you go by record it has to be dhoni.

tamim in stead of sehwag ? are you sleeping my dear ? the guy has averaged 80 at a SR of 97 and is the ICC test player of the year in the same time period.

you should be saying tamim instead of katich. I've no frigging idea how he made the list ahead of tamim. tamim has a higher average and a FAR higher SR.

shak's exclusion from the ODI list is simply disgraceful, I'm lost for words. this doesn't happen usually. :mad:

Sanga scored a lot of runs than Dhoni did.

And Tamim played brilliantly,so did Sehwag but Sehwag only played in subcontinent conditions but Tamim also played in NZ and Eng.
Tamim has also scored more than Sehwag before this 1st test between Ind & Aus.

beshideshi
October 6, 2010, 12:47 PM
Anyways, congrats to Tendulkar. As if being the greatest cricketer in this era wasn't enough recognition for him :P
btw, Katich has an avg of 53.66, Watson has an avg of 51, Tamim has an avg of 59.78, Dilshan has an avg of 56.92, Smith has an avg of 52 and yet Katich gets the opening spot in the world XI?

Raynman
October 6, 2010, 12:53 PM
Shakib's ommission from the ODI XI is shocking. BCB should raise a question to ICC regarding this.

dolcevita
October 6, 2010, 12:53 PM
Anyways, congrats to Tendulkar. As if being the greatest cricketer in this era wasn't enough recognition for him :P
btw, Katich has an avg of 53.66, Watson has an avg of 51, Tamim has an avg of 59.78, Dilshan has an avg of 56.92, Smith has an avg of 52 and yet Katich gets the opening spot in the world XI?

He is AUSTRALIAN

anyway ask every cricket lovers : they wanna see an opening pair of Tamim and Sehwag
than katich and 50 SR

shakibrulz
October 6, 2010, 01:05 PM

Touche.

Sanga scored a lot of runs than Dhoni did.

And Tamim played brilliantly,so did Sehwag but Sehwag only played in subcontinent conditions but Tamim also played in NZ and Eng.
Tamim has also scored more than Sehwag before this 1st test between Ind & Aus.

You know that captian means win loss ratio, captiancy skills, etc etc comes into equation right? And when was the last time Lankans played let alone won a test match outside home?

Sehwag scored in SL (who are big time home track bulliez) and in India too. He has faced tougher oppositions anyway, so it sqaures out. I'd take Tamim for Kraptich. Sehwag is a MUST.

shakibrulz
October 6, 2010, 01:08 PM
Totally shocked why Kraptich is in the team. Tamim owns Kraptich (and others) if you consider the average, S/R and conditions played. Which retard prepared this list for gods sake?

godzilla
October 6, 2010, 01:13 PM
Agreed with most except the World Xl opening and the emerging player of the year.

Opening should have gone to someone like Dilshan or Tamim and the emerging player should have been Gram Swann... Finn is no where to be extraordinary. Not to mention can't even ball properly (yes am talking about the run up and falling down-_-)

Murad
October 6, 2010, 01:16 PM
^^^ Grame Swann to be the emerging player? :lol:

simon
October 6, 2010, 01:24 PM
Touche.

You know that captian means win loss ratio, captiancy skills, etc etc comes into equation right? And when was the last time Lankans played let alone won a test match outside home?

Sehwag scored in SL (who are big time home track bulliez) and in India too. He has faced tougher oppositions anyway, so it sqaures out. I'd take Tamim for Kraptich. Sehwag is a MUST.

Sanga is a bit unlucky than,that his team couldn't produce that many victories but I thought Sanga as a batsman did really well but anyway Dhoni is a very skilled captain too.:)

Comparing Sehwag to Tamim wld be wrong cause Tamim still has a long way to go,but for this yr I thought Tamim was a REVOLUTION & Sehwag was just being Sehwag.
And Tamim played against NZ in NZ,England in Eng,Ind at home.
According to me he faced stronger oppsitions.:-|

Murad
October 6, 2010, 01:31 PM
What is your complain about than? Sanga is in as the batsman. Dhoni is in as captain and WK.

Seems like Simon is confused!

_Rafi_
October 6, 2010, 01:53 PM
Fair selection to me. Last year was not Shakib's best year. He was able to hold his no1 allrounder position because of his higher rating points gained in previous years. His rating dropped in last year but that was not enough to cover the gap with no 2.
Katich scored more runs than Tamim thats why he picked up.

simon
October 6, 2010, 02:01 PM
What is your complain about than? Sanga is in as the batsman. Dhoni is in as captain and WK.

Seems like Simon is confused!

no,I don't hv much complain,considering the win loss ratio Dhoni wins but Sanga had more contribution as a batsman,played some mervellous innings but his team didn't win much.
If Sri as a team had won more matches like Ind than Sanga would hv won.

tonoy
October 6, 2010, 02:29 PM
ODI Team of the Year - Tendulkar, Watson, Hussey, de Villiers, Collingwood, Ponting (c), Dhoni, Vettori, Broad, Bollinger, Harris.

Test team of the year - Sehwag, Katich, Tendulkar, Amla, Sangakkara, Kallis, Dhoni (c), Swann, Anderson, Steyn, Bollinger

I'd like to challenge that team with the Team I have

ODI:
Tamim, Dilshan, M. Clarke(c), R. Taylor, Shakib, E. Morgan, B. McCullum+, S Afridi, M. Johnson, Malinga, M Ameer

Test:
Tamim, G. Smith(c), J. Trott, V. Laxman, M. Clarke, Shakib, M Prior+,HB Singh:(, M. Asif(No steroids), Z. Khan, M Ameer,

chol_bd123
October 6, 2010, 02:54 PM
where the [edit] is SHakib in the ICC teams. He definetly deserved a spot in the ODI team

simon
October 6, 2010, 03:03 PM
I'd like to challenge that team with the Team I have

ODI:
Tamim, Dilshan, M. Clarke(c), R. Taylor, Shakib, E. Morgan, B. McCullum+, S Afridi, M. Johnson, Malinga, M Ameer

Test:
Tamim, G. Smith(c), J. Trott, V. Laxman, M. Clarke, Shakib, M Prior+,HB Singh:(, M. Asif(No steroids), Z. Khan, M Ameer,

nice team but remove Asif & Ameer,
and Tamim & Zaheer inthe same team won't be a good idea.:smug:

shakibrulz
October 6, 2010, 10:48 PM
My squad:
ODI:
Watson
Sehwag
E. Morgan
M. Hussey
Shakib
MS Dhoni (wk c)
S. Raina,
Graeme Swann
L. Malinga
D. Bollinger
S. Tait

Test:
Tamim Iqbal,
V. Sehwag,
S. Tendulkar
VVS Laxman
R. Ponting(c)
Shakib
Matt Prior (wk)
Graeme Swann
Zaheer Khan
B. Hilfenhaus/Morne Morkel
D. Steyn

godzilla
October 6, 2010, 10:51 PM
^^^ Grame Swann to be the emerging player? :lol:

not sure why you are laughing our behind off. did I missed something about his recent achivements? why not refresh my memory Murad?

max410
October 6, 2010, 11:02 PM
within 2-3 years time not just tamim other players form bd will go up the iCC rankings thats for sure

FagunerAgun
October 6, 2010, 11:03 PM
within 2-3 years time not just tamim other players form bd will go up the iCC rankings thats for sure
I hope so.

Dilscoop
October 6, 2010, 11:05 PM
not sure why you are laughing our behind off. did I missed something about his recent achivements? why not refresh my memory Murad?

I think he is mistaking by thinking Swann is a veteran. He has been around for a little while. But his success is making us feel that, he has been around for a long time.

He may have debuted in ODI, back in 2000, he only played around 40 matches. He showed up in test 2 years or so ago.

Murad
October 6, 2010, 11:47 PM
Sorry, I didn't meant to offend you.

He made his Test debut in 2008, ODI Debut in 2000. So how did you consider him to be the emerging player of 2009/10?

Murad
October 7, 2010, 03:55 PM
http://paloadmin.prothom-aloblog.com:8088/resize/maxDim/340x1000/img/uploads/media/2010-10-07-17-08-41-083764200-tamim.jpg
এত কাছে তামিম ইকবাল! অটোগ্রাফ পেয়েও যেন বিশ্বাস হচ্ছিল না এই কিশোরীদের

[বাংলা]ক্রিকেট-আয়নায় জীবনের ছবি[/বাংলা]
ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ০৮-১০-২০১০

[বাংলা]রথি বড়ুয়া এসেছে বান্দরবানের লামা থেকে। শিউলি, শাহীনূরদের বাড়ি চাঁপাইনবাবগঞ্জ। ক্রিকেটার তামিম ইকবালের খেলা এর আগে শুধু টেলিভিশনেই দেখেছে ওরা। কিন্তু ধানমন্ডি সুলতানা কামাল মহিলা ক্রীড়া কমপ্লেক্সে ঝিরিঝিরে বৃষ্টি মাথায় যখন বাংলাদেশের এই বাঁহাতি ওপেনার এলেন, তখন অটোগ্রাফ নেওয়ার একটা প্রতিযোগিতা লেগে গেল। তামিমের সঙ্গে কেউ নিজের মোবাইলে ছবি তুলতে চাইল, কেউ বা এগিয়ে গিয়ে হাত ছুঁতে চাইল। যখন শুনল তামিম ইকবাল কিছুটা সময় কাটাবেন ওদের সঙ্গে তখন ওদের আনন্দ দেখে কে!

সারা দেশের ২৯টি জেলা থেকে ৪৮ জন কিশোরী এসেছিল স্ট্রিট টোয়েন্টি ক্রিকেটে অংশ নিতে। ব্র্যাক, সিএমইএস (সেন্টার ফর ম্যাস এডুকেশন ইন সায়েন্স), তৈমু, গ্রাউচ, অপরাজেয় বাংলাদেশ ও ব্রিটিশ কাউন্সিলের মাধ্যমে ঢাকায় আসা এই কিশোরীদের বেশির ভাগই মফস্বলের। স্ট্রিট টোয়েন্টি ক্রিকেট মূলত আইসিসির ‘ক্যাচ দ্য স্পিরিট’ কর্মসূচির একটা অংশ। বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি) ও ইউনিসেফের সহযোগিতায় বাংলাদেশে প্রথমবারের মতো এই ক্রিকেট কর্মসূচির আয়োজন করেছে যুক্তরাজ্যভিত্তি বেসরকারি সংস্থা ‘ক্রিকেট ফর চেঞ্জ’। এটি শুরু হয়েছে গত ৪ অক্টোবর, শেষ হবে আজ। কিন্তু বাংলাদেশ-নিউজিল্যান্ড আজকের দ্বিতীয় ওয়ানডের কথা মাথায় রেখে আয়োজকেরা গতকালই বাংলাদেশে এর কার্যক্রম উদ্বোধন করলেন। পাঁচ দিনের এই কর্মশালায় দেশের সুবিধাবঞ্চিত কিশোরীরা শিখেছে কীভাবে ক্রিকেটীয় চেতনা থেকে নিজের জীবনকে উদ্বুদ্ধ করতে হয়। চাঁপাইনবাবগঞ্জের রহনপুর টেকনিক্যাল কলেজের দ্বিতীয় বর্ষের ছাত্রী শিউলি জানায়, ‘এই কদিন অনেক কিছু শিখেছি। আমাদের বেশ কয়েকটি টি-টোয়েন্টি ক্রিকেট ম্যাচ খেলতে হয়েছে। পাঁচ ওভারের এই ম্যাচগুলোয় ঘুরিয়ে ফিরিয়ে আমরা সবাই অধিনায়কত্ব করেছি।’ ক্রিকেট ম্যাচ দিয়েই যেন পুরো জীবনের সামনের লক্ষ্য নির্ধারণের কথা বুঝিয়ে দিলেন আয়োজকেরা। ইউনিসেফের বাংলাদেশের প্রতিনিধি মিশেল সেন্ট লটের কথার মূল সুর তো তাই, ‘এই মেয়েরা এখান থেকে শিখে গিয়ে তাদের বন্ধু ও সহপাঠীদের খেলাটা শেখাবে। শেখাবে কীভাবে দায়িত্ব নিতে হয়, কীভাবে দ্রুত অথচ গুরুত্বপূর্ণ সিদ্ধান্ত নিতে হয়। এরাই ভবিষ্যতে প্রতিরোধ করবে বাল্যবিবাহ, যৌতুকের মতো ভয়াবহ সামাজিক ব্যাধির।’ বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট দলের সাবেক অধিনায়ক হাবিবুল বাশারের মুখে কর্মসূচিটির প্রশংসা, ‘আমি আসলে জানতাম না এখানে কী হবে। এসেই সবকিছু শুনলাম। উদ্যোগটা খুবই ভালো।’ বাংলাদেশে এসে কদিনে এই কিশোরীদের বেশ আপন করে নিয়েছেন ক্রিকেট ফর চেঞ্জের ডেভেলপমেন্ট অফিসার বেথ ইভানস। এর আগে ভারত ভ্রমণ করা ভদ্রমহিলা বাংলাদেশে এই প্রথম। কর্মশালার মেয়েরা গত পরশু রাতে তাঁর ফরসা হাতে মাখিয়ে দিয়েছেন মেহেদি। মেহেদিরাঙা হাত দেখিয়ে বললেন, ‘খুবই মজার ব্যাপার। রাতে এগুলো মেখে রাখলাম। নকশাগুলো সকালে দেখি লাল রঙে ভরে গেছে।’ তাঁর দাবি, মেহেদির রঙের মতোই মেয়েদের জীবনটা রঙিন করে তুলতে এমন আয়োজন, ‘আমরা চাই, এখান থেকে মেয়েরা যে শিক্ষা নিয়ে যাবে, সেটা যেন সারা জীবন কাজে লাগে।’[/বাংলা]

Haru-party
October 7, 2010, 04:36 PM
tamim looks pissed of :P