PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful in provisional squad for New Zealand series

shabbir
August 19, 2010, 09:48 AM
Ashraful in provisional squad for New Zealand series
Cricinfo staff
August 19, 2010
Tamim Iqbal, who is set to go to Australia for treating a persistent wrist problem, and Mohammad Ashraful, whose place in the side has been uncertain following a prolonged bout of poor form, have been included in a 26-strong provisional squad released by the BCB for the upcoming series against New Zealand.

There were no surprises in the squad, and all the players who were on the tour to England, Ireland and Scotland, were included.

The players will begin their preparations for the series on August 21, under the supervision of coach Jamie Siddons and newly appointed fielding coach Julien Fountain.

Provisional squad: Mashrafe Mortaza, Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal, Junaid Siddique, Imrul Kayes, Mohammad Ashraful, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Abdur Razzak, Shafiul Islam, Rubel Hossain, Jahurul Islam, Raqibul Hasan, Naeem Islam, Nazmul Hossain, Syed Rasel, Shahadat Hossain, Faisal Hossain, Nazimuddin, Shahriar Nafees, Mahbubul Alam, Dolar Mahmud, Mohammad Sohrawordi, Robiul Islam, Shamsur Rahman and Sahgir Hossain

revolver
August 19, 2010, 09:50 AM
glad to see no aftab

rinathq
August 19, 2010, 11:39 AM
I think we actually needed aftab and no Mahmudullah. There is no tests, so Mahmudullah will be an absoloute waste. What i am actually shocked to see is no Alok Kapali

Tiger Manc
August 19, 2010, 11:40 AM
Glad to see Nazimuddin make the cut. Can you tell me what the provisional squad do? Do they just train in the nets for a few weeks? If they're good in the net sessions, do they have a good chance of making the team or is it just to give a bit of experience to fringe players?

Tiger Manc
August 19, 2010, 11:41 AM
I think we actually needed aftab and no Mahmudullah. There is no tests, so Mahmudullah will be an absoloute waste. What i am actually shocked to see is no Alok Kapali

alok kapali? are you kidding me? he's done nothing for about a year!

rinathq
August 19, 2010, 11:48 AM
alok kapali? are you kidding me? he's done nothing for about a year!

Whats your solution for our slog overs than?

lamisa
August 19, 2010, 11:49 AM
why is sohrawardi shuvo not in the squad?we are playing in home conditions!

Rabz
August 19, 2010, 11:56 AM
Usual squad.
Ash should be there anyways.

Tiger Manc
August 19, 2010, 11:58 AM
Whats your solution for our slog overs than?

His name is Nazimuddin

Tiger Manc
August 19, 2010, 11:58 AM
why is sohrawardi shuvo not in the squad?we are playing in home conditions!

I think Mohammad Sohrawadi is Suhrawadi Shuvo.

_Rafi_
August 19, 2010, 12:19 PM
Go Ashraful go...bring some more "Anda" to us...country love eating Aanda vaji.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

lamisa
August 19, 2010, 12:27 PM
I think Mohammad Sohrawadi is Suhrawadi Shuvo.

really?i thought that there were 2 shuvos in the upper levels of bd cricket and thought that md.sohrawardi is the "other" sohrawardi!

nycpro96
August 19, 2010, 01:23 PM
I really like this squad. Hope Tamim is rested fully for WC. Nazimuddin should get the nod for opener.

MohammedC
August 19, 2010, 01:35 PM
really?i thought that there were 2 shuvos in the upper levels of bd cricket and thought that md.sohrawardi is the "other" sohrawardi!

Both shuvo are in the squad.

But really sad to see the downfall of Aftab. I know I never liked his batting approach but he dfinitely has talent. Sad to read in some Newspaper he has no communication with BCB. I hope he sorts his problem come back strongly.

auntu
August 19, 2010, 02:08 PM
There is no way to avoid this Ash dilemma... *sigh...

Murad
August 19, 2010, 02:12 PM
This is a provisional squad. He might miss out from the 15-member squad.

roman
August 19, 2010, 02:22 PM
I like this team but too many pacers. 7/8 if i am not mistaken.

Bond
August 19, 2010, 02:41 PM
Ash is a must, the rest i don't care

Murad
August 19, 2010, 02:51 PM
^^^ Bond do you have another account in BC?

simon
August 19, 2010, 03:03 PM
no surprise,if his poor form continues against NZ then Zim,I will be against his inclusion for the WC.
Any else with me.:)

revolver
August 19, 2010, 03:13 PM

seriously aftab is no use....

give nazimuddin a chance...i love his aggresiveness...if he gets better with this agressiveness then who knows we may have another tamim., kayes is doing well at the moment but it is good if theres competition .
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Nadim
August 19, 2010, 03:31 PM
Good! loser der dole nay nai :LotusFlag:

wiseshah
August 19, 2010, 05:57 PM
cant find out ---who is left out.

otherwise can cry about him, why he is not in the squad?

not a bad 26 squad. that means 10 will be out. hope excluded 10 from here will be

Mohammad ashraful
syed rasel
shahadat hossain
Nazmul Hossain
Shahriar Nafees,
Mahbubul Alam,
Dolar Mahmud,
Robiul Islam,
Shamsur Rahman and
Sahgir Hossain

wiseshah
August 19, 2010, 05:58 PM
glad to see nazimuddin is back in action.

FagunerAgun
August 19, 2010, 07:55 PM
Welcome back Nazimuddin.
Here is my 15 men squad:

Tamim
Imrul
Nazimuddin
Zahirul
Rock
Shakib
Mushfiq<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P><FONT face=Razzaq
Naeem Islam
Mash
Shafiul
Rubel, Mahmuddullah, Shahadat Hossain and Zunaed.<o:p></o:p>

Zeeshan
August 19, 2010, 09:08 PM
Alok is not just a blind slogger. He can be a very patient batsman...Nazim:-Dddin is a good choice. It's about time Ash step up his game...you can't just expect him to sashay in WC and win the games for us. NZ series may very well be the "sitar agniporikha" foreshadowing what to expect...

rinathq
August 19, 2010, 10:07 PM
His name is Nazimuddin

He is an opener.

wiseshah
August 19, 2010, 10:10 PM
Welcome back Nazimuddin.
Here is my 15 men squad:

Tamim
Imrul
Nazimuddin
Zahirul
Rock
Shakib
Mushfiq<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P><FONT face=Razzaq
Naeem Islam
Mash
Shafiul
Rubel, Mahmuddullah, Shahadat Hossain and Zunaed.<o:p></o:p>

not sure, if shahadat deserve to be in the 26 even.his ODI and 20/20 record is horrible and last season he had difficulty of having a club team.

rinathq
August 19, 2010, 10:11 PM
I think Ash should go for it. He should just slog. He is a talented batsman and has amazing shots and a lot of variations. But lately he has been suffering due to fear. his scores were something like 16 from 40 deliveries and than out. Its better if he makes 30 of 30 and get out. He should not worry about big innings. His defense is always shaky. He is the Tamim kinda a guy but with 1/10 of his courage!

wiseshah
August 19, 2010, 10:15 PM
my Xi will be

nazimuddin
Imrul kayes
junaed
rokibul
juhurul + (mushfiq)
mahmudullah
shakib
mashrafe
razzaq
shafiul
rubel

extra: mushfiq, faisal,naeem, Najmul/Rasel

tamim should be rested,
ash should be kept away

wiseshah
August 19, 2010, 10:20 PM
shohrawardi shuvo is very good for test match but he still get call for ODi only, thats pathetic.

Bond
August 19, 2010, 10:43 PM

Nope. Are we allowed to have more than one account? Do you?

revolver
August 19, 2010, 11:04 PM
I think that they want to give him as much odi as possible and then give him his test debut
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Ajfar
August 20, 2010, 12:15 AM

ase Murad bhai ase

Bond
August 20, 2010, 12:25 AM
ase Murad bhai ase

What makes you say that? prove it? shudhu shudhu amar pichone apnara keno laglen bhujlam na:mad:

dolcevita
August 20, 2010, 02:05 AM
What the fool is still doing here ???
He is gonna fail mmw
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Imteaz
August 20, 2010, 02:11 AM
Still no replacement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May be.

Tiger444
August 20, 2010, 08:39 AM
Have mixed feelings about this squad..really don't see the need of including so many pacers and not too many spinners..guess the selectors were not too pleased with the other spinners performances in the A team..also Ash should be given a break..its just really unfair the guy gets so many chances despite failing..any other player thats averaging 18 with a SR of a 58 this year and we would be going on a rampage..totally pointless bringing him in..SN also is a waste..we already have better openers then him so its very pointless bringing him in..I'm happy about Nazimuddin getting the call..the selectors finally rewarded him after playing well on the A team..I'm guessing that Tamim will be out of the NZ series so if thats the case then it would be great to see him play him alongside Imrul and see what he has to offer..I know he's an opener but he could also play the finisher role since Mahmudullah has struggled recently as a finisher..if Tamim plays then I would like to see him play a few games at the finisher role and see how he does there..overall this is a pretty strong squad and would be disappointed if they don't win at least a game or 2..

riankhan
August 20, 2010, 09:07 AM
What makes you say that? prove it? shudhu shudhu amar pichone apnara keno laglen bhujlam na:mad:

Hehe....hihi

Ajfar
August 20, 2010, 09:09 AM

I have no proof. Im not out to get you but I do remember you making a post in the Member you miss thread saying how you miss all good memhers that were banned after the BD vs. Eng 3rd ODI back march. I remember loking at your join date you joined in BC a week after the 3rd ODI was over. So how can you miss people from the time when you werent a part of BC. So from that I assumed you were one of the members who got banned due to the Rod Tucker thread. But Im sure I maybe wrong and if im wrong im sorry maaf kore dien.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

lamisa
August 20, 2010, 09:51 AM
Both shuvo are in the squad.

But really sad to see the downfall of Aftab. I know I never liked his batting approach but he dfinitely has talent. Sad to read in some Newspaper he has no communication with BCB. I hope he sorts his problem come back strongly.

where is sohrawardi shuvo?if u could please highlight his name from the list...

Ajfar
August 20, 2010, 10:42 AM
Provisional squad: Mashrafe Mortaza, Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal, Junaid Siddique, Imrul Kayes, Mohammad Ashraful, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Abdur Razzak, Shafiul Islam, Rubel Hossain, Jahurul Islam, Raqibul Hasan, Naeem Islam, Nazmul Hossain, Syed Rasel, Shahadat Hossain, Faisal Hossain, Nazimuddin, Shahriar Nafees, Mahbubul Alam, Dolar Mahmud, Mohammad Sohrawordi, Robiul Islam, Shamsur Rahman and Sahgir Hossain

Both shuvo's are in the squad lamisa

Equinox
August 20, 2010, 11:52 AM
My Squad for first 3 ODIs:
Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Zunaed Siddique
Rokibul Hasan
Mahmudullah
Mushfiqur Rahim+
Shakib Al Hasan
Foisal Hossain
Mashrafe Mortaza*
Abdur Razzak
Shafiul Islam

Jahirul Islam
Nazimuddin
Syed Rasel
Rubel Hossain

Following replacements for the next 2 ODIs:
Shamsur Rahman for Tamim Iqbal
Mohammad Ashraful for Mahmudullah
Naeem Islam for Foisal Hossain
Shahadat Hossain for Syed Rasel
Nazmul Hossain for Rubel Hossain

One World
August 20, 2010, 01:13 PM
If we win keep the winning combo, for Ash he needs to take a break from this WC and all. He can come back strong for the next world cup.

mishu
August 20, 2010, 01:31 PM
Tamim Iqbal
Nazimuddin
Junaed siddiqui
jahirul Islam
Mahmudullah
shakib al hasan
Naeem Islam
Mushfiq
SD Shuvo
Mashrafee
shafiul

Bond
August 20, 2010, 04:11 PM
My Squad
Tamim
Nazimuddin
Big Z
Mushfiq ur Rahim
M. Ashraful (t.card)
Shakib al Hasan
S. Shuvo or Dollar
Mash
Shafiul (lol hope he doesn't go for 90 odd runs this time)
Raz
Rubel

Bond
August 20, 2010, 04:14 PM
If we win keep the winning combo, for Ash he needs to take a break from this WC and all. He can come back strong for the next world cup.

Without Ashraul Bangladesh won't win a single game, it's a fact.

FagunerAgun
August 20, 2010, 05:58 PM
Tamim Iqbal
Nazimuddin
Junaed siddiqui
jahirul Islam
Mahmudullah
shakib al hasan
Naeem Islam
Mushfiq
SD Shuvo
Mashrafee
shafiul
Nice one but we need Rock, to balance, in case there is a typical top order BD collapse, so that we can bat 50 overs.

Razi
August 21, 2010, 06:28 AM
[বাংলা]বক্তব্যে চাঙ্গা হলেন ক্রিকেটাররা
বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ট ফোর.কম.বিডি (http://www.banglanews24.org/newlocation/bangla/detailsnews.php?nssl=941c377c73c0efed759c993f1b859 526&nttl=201008215913&toppos=1)

ঢাকা: “আমি রক্ত-কষ্ট-অশ্রু দেবো, তোমাদেরও দিতে হবে।” একটি মাত্র বাক্যই অনুভূতিকে নাড়া দেওয়ার জন্য যথেষ্ট। মস্তিস্কের সচেতন কোষগুলোকে উদ্দীপ্ত করতে এটি অনেক বড় স্লোগান। জাতীয় দলের ক্রিকেটারদের উদ্দেশে শব্দগুচ্ছ চয়ন করেছেন নতুন ফিল্ডিং কোচ জুলিয়ান ফাউন্টেন।

২৬ সদস্যের প্রাথমিক দলের অনুশীলন রোববার থেকে। শনিবার ছিলো তারই পূর্ব প্রস্তুতি। খেলোয়াড়, কোচ, ট্রেনার, ফিজিওসহ জাতীয় দলের সঙ্গে সম্পৃক্ত কর্মকর্তারা মিলে ঘন্টা খানেকের বৈঠক করেন মিরপুরের জিপি-বিসিবি একাডেমি ভবনের সম্মেলন কক্ষে। অধিনায়ক মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজা সাংবাদিকদের জানালেন, সকালের ওই সভাতেই ক্রিকেটারদের প্রস্তুত হওয়ার আহ্বান জানান ফাউন্টেন।

প্রধান কোচ জেমি সিডন্সের মূল্যাবান কথার ফাঁকে মাত্র চার থেকে পাঁচটি বাক্য দিয়ে ক্রিকেটারদের উদ্দেশে নিজের বক্তব্য শেষ করেন এই ইংলিশ কোচ। তার মূল্যবান কথার অন্যতম অংশ হলো,“তোমরা (ক্রিকেটার) বাংলাদেশের জন্য খেলবে। এখানে আমার কিছু করার নেই। তোমাদেরকেই সবকিছু করতে হবে।”

আসলে দায়টা ক্রিকেটারদেরই। মাঠে ক্রিকেটাররাই খেলেন। ভালোমন্দো তাদের ওপরই নির্ভর করে। কোচ, ট্রেনাররা ভুল শুধরে দিতে পারেন। খেলোয়াড়দের প্রশিক্ষণ দিতে জানেন। এর বেশি কিছু আশা করা যায় না।

সভার মূল উদ্দেশ্য ছিলো বিশ্বকাপকে লক্ষ্য ধরে নিয়ে ক্রিকেটারদের মানসিকভাবে প্রস্তুত করে নেওয়া। অধিনায়কের ভাষ্যমতে,“কোচ জেমি সিডন্স বার্তা দিয়েছেন, ফিল্ডিং এবং বোলিংয়ে উন্নতি করতে হবে। শুধু ব্যাটিং দিয়ে ম্যাচ জেতা যায় না।”

আপাতত নিউজিল্যান্ড সিরিজকে সামনে রেখে প্রস্তুতি শুরু হবে। সিডন্স প্রথমিক প্রস্তুতি পর্বকে নাম দিয়েছেন ‘স্কিল ডেভলপমেন্ট ট্রেনিং’। একাডেমি ভবনে নড়াইল এক্সপ্রেস সাংবাদিকদের জানান,“আমাদেরকে বিশেষ কিছু স্কিল শিখতে হবে যা অন্যদের জানা নেই। সেটাই হবে আমাদের অস্ত্র।”

গতানুগতিক ব্যাটিং, ফিল্ডিং এবং বোলিং দিয়ে খুব বেশি সুবিধা করা যায় না। বিশেষ করে বিশ্ব ক্রিকেটের শীর্ষ দলগুলোর বিপক্ষে খুঁড়িয়ে খুঁড়িয়ে এগোতে হয়। সেখান থেকে বেরিয়ে আসতেই স্কিল উন্নয়ন প্রশিক্ষণ চলছে এবং চলবে বলেই জানিয়েছিলেন জেমি সিডন্স।

বিশ্বকাপ! সাফল্য! আবেগ! এই শব্দগুলো তাড়িয়ে নেবে জাতীয় দলের ক্রিকেটারদের। জেমি সিডন্স উত্তাপটা টের পাচ্ছেন। ক্রিকেট উন্মাদ জাতি প্রিয় দলের সাফল্য দেখতে মুখিয়ে থাকবে। হয়তো মানুষের মুখে হাসি ফোটাতে প্রাণান্তকর চেষ্টা করবেন সবাই মিলে। দল প্রস্তুত করতে আদাজল খেয়ে লেগেছেন সিডন্স। এখন থেকে ব্যাটিং-বোলিং-ফিল্ডিং সবকিছুই দেখভাল করবেন জেমি। বিশেষ করে বোলিংয়ের ওপর নজর রাখবেন বলে জানান অধিনায়ক।

ভ্রমণ কান্তি নেই। বেশ কিছুদিন হলো পরিবারের সঙ্গেই আছেন। আগামী ছয় মাসে বিদেশ ভ্রমণ করতে হবে না। আন্তর্জাতিক ম্যাচগুলো হবে দেশের মাঠে। পরিবারের কাছাকাছি থাকার অবারিত সুযোগ থাকছেই। এতে মন ভালো থাকবে বলেই জানান মাশরাফি,“এই বিশ্রামটা দরকার ছিলো। সবার জন্যই ভালো হয়েছে। বিশ্বকাপের আগে দেশের বাইরে কোন সিরিজ নেই। আমার মনে হয় সবাই খুবই ভালো থাকবে।”

কারো পরোনে জিন্স প্যান্ট, কেউ ফর্মাল পোশাকে, অনেকে ট্রাউজার-গেঞ্জি পড়ে সভাতে এসেছেন। বোঝাই যাচ্ছে ফুরফুরে মেজাজেই আছেন ক্রিকেটাররা।[/বাংলা]

lamisa
August 21, 2010, 08:15 AM
i am confused about the best contender for the number 4 spot,should it be jahurul or rokibul?both of them are in form...

nycpro96
August 21, 2010, 11:16 AM
Nazim
Imrul/Shamsur
Zunaid
Raqibul
Jahurul
Naeem
Shakib
Razzak
Mash
Shafiul
Rubel

Nafi
August 21, 2010, 11:23 AM
i am confused about the best contender for the number 4 spot,should it be jahurul or rokibul?both of them are in form...

I would go for Rokibul, since he is better player on sub-continental wickets

dark mage
August 21, 2010, 11:30 AM
^Actually Raqib is a better player in any wickets over Juhurul, especially in the one-days. I mean in his last innings which was also his comeback innings in ENGLAND(not subcontinent) he scored a 50+. While, Juhurul, although a good batsman, has yet to get a 50. He always gets himself out in the 40s, as if he has been jinxed. But both Raqib and Juhurul are good batsmen. It would be hard to drop any one of the two, which is good as it keeps the pressure on them to perform well whoever gets the nod and retain his place. Personally, I prefer Raqib.

I m happy that Nazimuddin finally got a call-up but I m abit pissed that Sharier Nafees got included in the squad as well.

Razi
August 21, 2010, 01:10 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/photo/2010/08/22/2010-08-22__SPORTS00002.jpg

MarufH
August 21, 2010, 01:19 PM
Here is my 14 for NZ series

1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Zunaid
4. Rakibul
5. Jahurul
6. Mushfique
7. Shakib
8. Mashrafe
9. Raaz
10. Shuvo
11. Rubel

12. Safiul
13. Nazim (in case Tamim decides to go on with the operation)
14. Mahmudullah

auntu
August 21, 2010, 01:34 PM
This must be a team chosen by Lota himself.

nycpro96
August 21, 2010, 02:24 PM

Mash looks like a boss. :D Tamim looks like he gained some weight.

Bond
August 21, 2010, 10:56 PM
^^ Good to see Mashrafee lost his beer belly, guess he passed it on to Tamim.

zainab
August 23, 2010, 06:34 AM
Seems that you guys have written off Ash, but many fans are hoping for his comeback. BTW, any news of his activities in England? Is he back in BD?

lamisa
August 23, 2010, 06:55 AM

wow,our players are soo cool,except for the one standing behind mash,is it nazimuddin?

MohammedC
August 23, 2010, 07:01 AM
wow,our players are soo cool,except for the one standing behind mash,is it nazimuddin?

Thats Nazimuddin.

Razi
August 23, 2010, 07:19 AM
Thats Nazimuddin.

No, that's Shamsur Rahman Shuvo.

MohammedC
August 26, 2010, 01:11 PM
Siddons: Ashraful still in the frame

Despite a prolonged period of poor form, Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons insists that Mohammad Ashraful is still part of his plans for the future.

Ashraful announced himself on the world scene with a flashy debut hundred at the age of just seventeen, and unsurprisingly the immediate show of brilliance saw the right-hander labelled a prodigious talent.

However, things have not quite worked out as planned for the 26-year-old, with lean periods punctuated by scores of substance rather than the reverse. Dropped from the Tigers set-up on three occasions during his career, Ashraful once again finds himself on the periphery, struggling for a place in both the Test and limited-overs formats.

And rightly so, having last scored a Test fifty in 2008 and having amassed only two fifties in his last 20 ODIs. However, Siddons retains faith in Ashraful's ability and his role in the Bangladesh team going forward, confident that with a few changes the batsman can fulfill the promise he's shown.

"He does have to start to show he can score big scores and be consistent; he's found his way out of the team for that reason," Siddons told Cricket365.

"I'm not the first person who has had trouble with Ash, I guess every coach has struggled with getting consistency out of him.

"No one doubts his talent, it's definitely there, I guess from my point of view there are some technical issues, maybe even a lack of determination to play a big innings, a lack of trust in himself to get through hard periods. So he's working on that."

Ashraful's flamboyant strokeplay has often been what's made him such a star, but not all that glitters is golden, with his attacking nature often his downfall, a point Siddons is hoping he can improve on.

"We're working on some technical things and just making him more aware of what the game situation is and that he does have to keep it going, keep the scoreboard ticking over and be aggressive, but that he also has to make sure he doesn't just throw his wicket away all the time.

"He's definitely a big part of our plans if he can get those things right."

Ashraful has been named in Bangladesh's provisional squad to face New Zealand, with the group currently being put through their paces at a training camp in Dhaka.

http://www.cricket365.com/news/story/6339477/Siddons-Ashraful-still-in-the-frame

lamisa
August 27, 2010, 03:01 AM
ash is missing something crucial here,hope he or JS can figure what it is soon because he seems way to defensive theseadays and when the pressure starts buiding on him,he just tries to go after every delivery.can't play a balanced game at all nowadays

Tiger Manc
August 27, 2010, 06:06 AM
I just don't understand siddons' fascination with ashraful. I think the fact that he last scored even a test fifty was 2 years ago tells its own story.

beshideshi
August 27, 2010, 07:38 AM
I used to be a blind Ash fan, then in the past 6~ months i just got fed up with him. But one can disagree, if Ash becomes what he always promised to be, Bangladesh will take a HUGE step forward. Ash has the ability to win games, big ones too. Add to that the likes of Shakib, Tamim, Mash and we will have 4 genuine big match winners in the team. An in form Ash can do wonders for Bangladesh, but the question is, when will we see the in form Ash?
I wish him luck

roman
August 27, 2010, 10:42 AM
I partially blame the team management for Ash's downfall. They have experimented way too many times with his batting order. Opening, #3, #4, #5... you name it. On top of that all the coaches wanted to change his batting style and technique. Eventhough he has been given enough time and opportunities, I think all these experiments need to be stopped for the wellbeing of Ash and Bangladesh. Let him decide how he wants to play, where he wants to play just the way Tamim does and lets see if he can perform or not.

lamisa
August 28, 2010, 02:31 AM
^^^well he tried to do so during the english our and look what happened!