PDA

View Full Version : Blind followers of superstitions or just jokers!

Alchemist
August 22, 2010, 07:56 PM
Don’t know whether someone has already posted this or not but this is one of the funniest articles I’ve ever read about our cricketers!

Apparently AshDaFool goes to toilet every time just before he goes to batting, Mash has different set of underwears for different matches and Tamim doesn’t have a breakfast when he’s playing a match! No wonder they lose their spirit and surrender to their oppositions when things don’t Feel good or Look ominous.:sick:

http://www.eprothomalo.com/index.php?opt=view&page=25&date=2010-08-22

Habib
August 22, 2010, 08:06 PM
LOL. Yeah it's funny. But many players from other teams are superstitious too. A common superstition is not moving from their current position in the dressing room/balcony when their team/batsmen doing good.
Ashraful's case is different though. It explains the hurriness of his batting. Haga tight dite hobe.

Murad
August 22, 2010, 08:28 PM
I thought the author wrote the article to make fun of the players like what BabuBangla used to do. :confused:

Habib
August 22, 2010, 09:03 PM
I thought the author wrote the article to make fun of the players like what BabuBangla used to do. :confused:

No Murad vai, it's a legitimate article written with humour & rightly so.

ialbd
August 22, 2010, 09:16 PM
Ashraful's case is different though. It explains the hurriness of his batting. Haga tight dite hobe.

haha... indeed it explains Ashraful's 'pagla' style batting.... so far we were just joking/speculating about this, but now it turns out true.... :)

Habib
August 22, 2010, 09:20 PM
haha... indeed it explains Ashraful's 'pagla' style batting.... so far we were just joking/speculating about this, but now it turns out true.... :)

LOL. Where is Fazal mamu when you need him?

BANFAN
August 23, 2010, 01:12 AM
Many players have such superstitions, I think the sub Ausie/Eng players have less of it.

lamisa
August 23, 2010, 07:20 AM
nasta na kheyei tamimer gaaye eto jor?

iDumb
August 23, 2010, 08:22 AM

I haven't laughed so hard in BC in a looonnnggg time. Great thread. A+++. Will read again. Good job habib and chemist :)

I think Mashrafee's changing of underwear is more for aesthetic reasons than superstition. A a fast bowler, when he bends his back - many times the top of his underwear is exposed and you don't want people to realize you are wearing same underwear everyday - because THAT would be superstition.

As for Ashraful's case, everyone should go to the bathroom before heading to the field.

Tamim's case could be that he maybe able to concentrate more if he doesn't eat just prior to the match.

Or it COULD be silly superstitions like we do here at BC regarding match threads. Whatever works!!

Zeeshan
August 23, 2010, 08:32 AM
I think Mashrafee's changing of underwear is more for aesthetic reasons than superstition. A a fast bowler, when he bends his back - many times the top of his underwear is exposed and you don't want people to realize you are wearing same underwear everyday - because THAT would be superstition.

Lol @ Sreeman Orphy

Zeeshan
August 23, 2010, 08:35 AM
On topic: imnsho if entire universe is a projection of God there's nothing funny or silly about superstitions...

Beamer
August 23, 2010, 11:20 AM
I haven't laughed so hard in BC in a looonnnggg time. Great thread. A+++. Will read again. Good job habib and chemist :)

As for Ashraful's case, everyone should go to the bathroom before heading to the field.

Tamim's case could be that he maybe able to concentrate more if he doesn't eat just prior to the match.

Or it COULD be silly superstitions like we do here at BC regarding match threads. Whatever works!!

iDumb

Hopefully, he won't expose us to 'whale's tail' ???

simon
August 23, 2010, 11:36 AM

lol,that's why Ash is in two minds when he bats,marmu naki chaira dimo,once he thinks abt his toilet,then he thinks abt JS's pedani.

amar mone hoy o Seheri khay,je karone naasta khete hoyna,lol, whereas some1 in BC was suspecting Tamim to eat something like Shahi Chatgaya gorur gosht everyday.:-D

Razi
August 23, 2010, 11:45 AM
These are nothing compared to the Indian Rockstars, they are all full of superstitions.

Baundule
August 23, 2010, 11:56 AM
Cricket is about feeling good. If those funny stuffs make them feel good and perform, I am OK with it.